[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 27

File: cucks.png (179KB, 421x485px) Image search: [Google]
cucks.png
179KB, 421x485px
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of fucking March 2016
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
[RUMOR] Source: Galaxy S8 will completely ditch hardware navigation keys, Samsung is switching to all soft keys with 3D touch-like functionality
https://twitter.com/RDR0b11/status/814230053349249024

Samsung Galaxy A 2017 series will be announced on January 5
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-A-2017-announcement-date_id89453

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X image leaks, confirms rumored specs
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4x_image_leaks_confirms_rumored_specs-news-22401.php

Nokia to announce up to 5 new devices in 2017
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_to_announce_up_to_5_new_devices_in_2017-news-22385.php

[Deal Alert] The Nextbit Robin is $145 on Amazon ($105 off)
https://www.amazon.com/Nextbit-Robin-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/dp/B01D9LVCAI

LG G5 $349 AT&T, Sprint, Verizon @ BestBuy (no contract)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-postpaid-20161227

old >>58211182
>>
Heres to hoping that the mi 6 won't be shit. Or that xiaomi actually presents a compact phone which would be GOAT.
>>
First for poorfags aren't appreciated here. Head back to /r/eddit :)
>>
So when CES happens?
>>
>>58229759
www.google.com
>>
>>58229661
Seems everyone left :^)
>>
>>58230218
lmao
>>
is there a vr viewer that has the necessary adjustments for the note edge? or should i make my own out of a squirrel some string and a vr viewer?

my problem is that the note edge is 82.8 millimeters wide and 151 millimeters tall, and the note 4 that everyone knows is 10 millimeters slimmer
>>
I'm spending $600 on a phone in America to be used exclusively in Europe. I'm leaning towards the LG V20. Good idea?
>>
>>58230874
Hell no, fuckhuge, random bootloops, frail, shit battery duration, LG is a disaster when it comes to smartphones.
>>
Ok, I ditched the LG devices and came up with one more competitor: Sony Xperia X. Are there any known weaknesses or disadvantages with that?
t. >>58228915
>>
>>58230919
The v20 is indeed xbox hueg but I care most about longevity and removable battery is important. I don't think bootloops are a problem with the v20
>>
Attention poorfags. As one of you, I would like to share some advice from my last year of phone purchases, returns, etc.

There are two phones I would like to suggest you take a look at.

First, almost all verizon prepaid phones are subsidized at the store(g4 play is $75 for example) but they are also GSM unlocked. I purchased a moto e for $12 NIB and a galaxy s4 for $99 NIB.

The s4 has a micro sd slot, FHD oled, user swapable battery, the cpu is roughly = to the one in the new moto g,. You can get them for like $80 on ebay.

Even though I own both of those phones, the moto e is my daily driver. The resolution is lower but the screen is smaller so it actually looks sharper. Easy as hell to use in one hand. micro sd slot. The CPU is a bit slower but it has never hindered me. The only downside is the camera. That said you will not find a better phone for $30(current ebay price).
>>
>>58230947
>Snapdragon 650
>3GB RAM
Expensive RN3P but if you don't wanna mess with roms and shit it's ok.
>>
>>58231041
moto g4 play 160€ here, still worth it?
>>
w>>58230984
Yes they are, i had bookmarked a video of a japanese dude whose V20 bootlooped in a week and surprise, it got taken down a short while later because of "copyright infringment" aka LG didnt want people to know how shitty their flagships are and how much of a cheap jew they are, so they begged daddy google to delete the evidence, and even before it got deleted there was a guy with a suspicious name in the comments shilling the fucking thing, outright calling you retarded for believing such "rumours" even though the video clearly showed the malfunctioning phone.

Shitty phone, shitty brand, removable batteries are worthless, just dont cuck yourself with a 2800-3000 mAh battery on a UHD phone with shitty software.
>>
>>58231094
Where the fuck do you live? this is more than the Moto G4 32GB.
>>
>>58231087
I just want a reliable phone with a devent camera and good audio quality out of the jack.
>>
>>58231115
Yeah it's alright.
>>
>>58229607
how is the v20 faring? im thinking of getting one soon, has the bootloop problem been fixed?
>>
>>58231115
>reliable phone
check
>decent camera
check
>good audio quality
check

It even has FM radio if that's your thing. And it just got the update for Nougat
>>
>>58231222
Sounds good. Now I really just have to choose between Windows and Android and read a little bit more about the differences between Samsung and Sony.
>>
>>58231113
Finland, moto g4 16GB is around 230€
>>
>>58231041
You could have gotten a Galaxy S5 for the price of both of those phones and that phone just can't be beat for a good android experience (provided you root and install a custom rom with optimized kernel), the moto E is also a poor choice when the g4 play is about the same price and is currently the definitive cheap throw-away/stopgap phone with decent specs and software, iirc the moto e1 had 512 of ram with a shitty SD and the moto e2 had 1 GB with a mediatek, the G4 has 2 GB with SD410, horrible but still better.
>>
>>58231222
>fm radio

oooo, are there any other phones that have FM radio?
>>
>>58231275
I firmly disagree about the play. The thing here is that verizon prepaid phones are discounted yet still GSM unlocked. At $12 the moto e cannot be beat and the s4 was an impulse buy. I was just suprised to see how cheap they are on ebay. Even though I got one brand new for $100 at $75 used i cant think of a phone that beats it.
>>58231094
I don't think so. Check out a US reshipper and order one of the phones or the guy i replied to up there was talking about. Once again, prepaid verizon phones are subsidised yet they are GSM unlocked.
>>
File: Elisha-Ubuntu.jpg (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Elisha-Ubuntu.jpg
113KB, 1024x768px
>>58230874
No LG phones at all man, skip on that shit. I had one and it bootlooped, funny because I got a G4 because it was supposed to be good. FUCK ME.
>>
>>58231987
Have a relative that got the G4, never thought it was going to bootloop. It did. He got a loaner phone that ended up being the nexus 5x. That bootlooped too.

At this point I just can't recommend any LG phones, regardless of how phenomenal they are on paper. Hopefully rumors of them getting rid of the headphone jack aren't true though.
>>
I need a new phone guys currently in the US. I am on Verizon. As for features I need a headphone jack(can't believe thats a feature now), Removable Storage, Big screen. I don't need these but they are a plus: good battery life, good speakers, decent camera. Budget isn't really a problem. What do y'all recommend?
>>
When will Xiaomi actually come to North America? RN3P is literally the only phone they sell that has band 4 LTE (pretty much all of Canada), and that was almost a mistake. RN4X probably won't have band 4.
>>
Carrier is Verizon, location is US
What are the go to Android phones under 200?
Don't care about having a huge screen, but good battery life and performance are pluses.
>>
>>58232446
Zuk Z2 or Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

Zuk: better specs, slightly better camera.

Xiaomi: better battery life, bigger screen, slightly better software, cheaper.

They're both good phones. I have a Zuk.
>>
>>58232495
Oh shit, Verizon. Nevermind. Those won't work for y
>>
Are all LG products poorly made pieces of shit or just phones?

also what do you people do with your old phones once you've upgraded? I have an old galaxy S4 and it seems like a waste to just use it as a tv remote
>>
>>58232402
Moto Z Play

>>58232446
Moto G4
>>
>>58232495
Does having no sd card slot effect your usage much? I'm looking at the zuk but I don't know if I can get along with limited memory.
>>
>>58232548
Why not just sell it? Or gift it to someone
>>
>>58232706
I'm a pleb whom streams most of my music and video, so I don't really notice it at all.
>>
How do I import zuk z2 without paying a lot of customs?
>>
moto z droid or htc 10?
>>
UK
Looking for Sim-free
Decent camera and good battery life, needs to run smoothly. SD card slot. Near stock if possible.

I prefer a smaller phone due to pocket size and ease of use.

I've got like £150 - £300 give or take.

Currently have a Moto g (3rd gen) which I liked but is beginning to show signs of battery deterioration.
>>
>>58232804
I ordered mine from Amazon (had a gift card) and did not have to pay customs.
>>
>>58232836
Moto g4
>>
>>58232921
Yeah I thought about that, its slightly bigger than the moto g and I don't really want to go any bigger if I can help it, unless the specs are WAY better. If I was gonna go in that direction wouldn't you just get the g4 plus?
>>
>>58232706
I own a iPod classic
>>
>>58230874 here

>$600 budget
>must have European bands
>good camera
>no touchjizz
what are my options?
>>
>>58232836
A little over your budget but maybe Sony Xperia X (Compact)?
>>
Is there any phone modification (or phone, I may have overlooked one or two) with a horizontal slide-out QWERTY keyboard, like the N900 with a quad or octa core?

No Blackberry Priv, please. That one is vertical.

>tfw your Droid 4 is the equivalent of an evolutionary dead end

I know the Photon Q is a thing, but it needs to be modded to accept a SIM card and it's not that great of an upgrade.
>>
>>58233420
Just hope they release a keyboard motomod
>>
>>58233017
uno pluso 3 tea
>>
>>58233621
>motomods
Everyone was shilling modular phones.
One actually comes out.
It's shit.
Fuck my life.
>>
>>58233660
modular phones will always be shit
the entire concept is fucking shit
the only modular concept that will take off are human augmentations
>>
File: Screenshot_20161229-193954.png (404KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161229-193954.png
404KB, 720x1280px
Just bought this piece of shit. How do I get the weather on the lock screen?
>>
File: Privacy error - Chromium_139.png (53KB, 1038x700px) Image search: [Google]
Privacy error - Chromium_139.png
53KB, 1038x700px
>CyanogenMod is dead
>Lineage OS can't into HTTPS
>>
>>58233750
u need to turn on gps always or go to weather/clock settings so it gets ur locatoin from the internet instead

what phone btw
>>
opinions in the blackberry priv
>>
>>58233796
overpriced shit for fedoras, same with the passport, just get a normal android phone and stop being so autistic about muh physical keyboard, if you truly cared about typing better and more comfortably you would be doing it from your desktop or a laptop instead, fucking retard
>>
Is there a custom ROM project that tries to provide AOSP as unmodified as possible, without Google spyware?
>>
>>58233841
Unfortunately cyanogenmod without gapps was exactly what you want, but its kill, even resurrection remix comes with unnecesary bloat, lets not even talk about dirty unicorn and other roms.

For example, the RN3P on stock miui used 1.3 GB of ram when idle and everything forcefully closed, with CM13 and gapps it used 850-ish, without gapps it lingered between 560-720.
>>
>>58233782
HTC desire Verizon prepaid. Not gonna activate it. I bought it for music and to have a camera.
>>
>>58233841
>>58233874
You can still download Cyanogenmod. It just won't be updated.
>>
>>58233874
I think I'll just get a Sony Xperia X Compact and build AOSP myself.

It's commendable how Sony provides not only the complete source code but detailed build instructions:

http://developer.sonymobile.com/open-devices/aosp-build-instructions/how-to-build-aosp-nougat-for-unlocked-xperia-devices/#build-experimental-aosp-nougat-7-1

+1 for Sony
>>
>>58233893
Yeah but they didnt get to a stable build of CM14.1, marshmallow feels like a beta build, even lollipop felt more solid and was an actual change from KK.
>>
>>58233814
well I did ask for opinions
thanks anon
>>
>>58233932
>not using KK+security patches
It's like you love bloat
>>
>>58233948
Stock KK is slow as shit mane what the fuck, and it doesnt even come with the little button to open the app drawer unless you use another launcher, pure shit.
>>
>>58233660
Moto Z Play seems a good phone
>>
>>58233891
nigga there are like 10 desires, which one do you have
>>
>>58233979
>slow as shit
Do you literally have any fact to back that up?

>and it doesnt even come with the little button to open the app drawer unless you use another launcher, pure shit.
You can configure your buttons to do whatever the fuck you want, you know.
>>
>>58233986
The modular part is 100% meme tho.
>>
>>58233993

it has a lot of cuckware on it.
i enable gps but still nothing. also there is no mention of weather anywhere in the setting/clock. android 6.0.1.
>>
>>58234025
ehh, I could see myself using the speaker and battery pack mods, and a gamepad mod would be nice to see (Xperia play style)
>>
>>58234098
There are a lot of mods that 'would be nice to see'. Shame we're not getting any of them.
>>
>>58234056
>desire 530

How much did you pay for it? the g4 play is more or less the same price and its better, plus stock android and bigger battery.

Never buy budget HTC or samsung phones, let this be a lesson for next time, if you want a throwaway phone buy a chinkphone with a lot of third party support.
>>
>>58234141
$34 plus tax
>>
>>58234056
and by the way the weather doesnt work because it needs to pick up your location from gps, which needs the sim card unless you configure it so it gets the location from a fixed place from the internet, but since you mentioned it doesnt have that option youre fucked

download nova prime and klwp and get to ricing asap, make a better weather/date/clock widget and pair it with a cute anime girl wallpaper on your homescreen, stock widgets are usually shit
>>
>>58234174
Oh it was a good deal then, here the G4 play is around 120 dollars and on black friday it was 100 but it came with a screen protector and some earbuds, i got mine about 2 months ago and it's great.
>>
Complete idiot here. I only really care about camera quality and hard drive space. And obviously it's got to be able to browse online. Already have a prepaid SIM.

What should I get for max $150USD?
>>
>>58234256
Bearing in mind I live in Australia.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161229-203141[1].png (404KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161229-203141[1].png
404KB, 720x1280px
>>58234182
>stock widgets
not using a widget. i just wanted it to show on the lock screen. but now that you said that i used it just got it to work. Thanks anon!!!!

>>58234204
i know. thats why i bought it. like i said, its for music and a just in case camera.
>>
Want a compact phone. Currently using iphone 4s.x compact not available in Aus and z5 is a year and bit old and I want something brand new. Should I just get a pixel?
>>
>>58234256
>wants big rom and good camera for 150 burger coins
lel

serious answer, probably a refurbished/used LG G2, i heard those don't bootloop, it started with the G3 and got worse since the N5 but reached its apex with the G4.
>>
>>58234292
turn off the gps, its a huge battery drain
>>
>>58234326
i know that. i've been using android since the G1. ironic that 1.xworked better than the shit that is 5 and up.
>>
ATT Lf $200~ phone my s4 active just broke and I need a new phone. BLU Vivo 5 and J3 seem to fit my needs are these any good?
>>
I just placed my order for a Google Pixel since it was on sale.

$600 Cancuck bucks ($450 USD) for the normal 32GB version.

I'm upgrading from an HTC M7 that I already have a buyer for that's going to pay $160 ($120 USD).

Help me justify my purchase. I hate spending money even on good deals.
>>
>>58234296
iPhone SE
>>
>>58234447
G4 Play, P9 Lite
>>
>>58234519
tyvm
>>
>>58234256
Get the ZUK Z2 or Oukitel K6000 pro
>>
>$240/1000 pln budget
>must have European bands (poland)
>5.2-5.5"
>has an cyanogenmod port
what should i take?
>>
>>58234296
Going to second this >>58234512
If you can't get the compact in Australia then your Android mini-phone options are going to be pretty slim. Most chink companies don't focus on mini phones or don't make them at all so they're usually shit with no modding community.
At least with the iPhone SE you'll have a few years of updates inline for you and it has better battery life than the actual iPhone flagships while keeping the same performance and great camera.
>>
Damn. The Redmi Note 3 Pro probably won't work on my backward-ass country's Optus network (Australia). Is there a similar Chink alternative which would work here?
>>
Was looking to buy the Moto G4 off amazon.
Is there a reason the version WITHOUT ads is cheaper than the version with currently?
Want to make sure I'm not accidentally getting the one with lockscreen cancer
>>
>>58234587
Redmi Note 3 Pro special edition
>>
>>58234587
Honor 7 lite
>>
>>58234635
What bands are missing? willmyphonework.com is saying it'd work just fine (the special edition that is)
>>
im getting a mate 9 for 510 euros. What does /g/ think?
>>
is nexus 5/5x still relevant?
>>
does lg g3 suffers bootlops issue?
>>
>>58234933
overpriced junk

>>58234940
relevant due to bootloops
>>
Moto g4 plus has overheating issues with its shit sd6xx
Axon 7 has shit software
Chinknovo kek
Why are midrange android phones such shit, if the axon 7 had great software it would be perfect, same with the op3 which have great hardware but shit software
>>
Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 still good? my cubot note s went bonkers with multitouch
>>
>>58235318
the 600 line isn't known for overheating btw
the axon 7, like the lememe leeco phone is a fucking meme
lenovo is moto
also op3s current software is mostly CM but... not because of CM drama, CM is now dead though so we'll see

>>58235393
I mean you'll probably be able to get a note 3 for the same price as the 2 in a couple of weeks
>>
What's a good less than $120 phone
>>
what good chink phones work on t-mobiles 4g LTE in america. every phone I like is not compatible. HALP
>>
>>58235977
Refurbished Moto G
>>
File: pdp-feature4-d-iphone7-bn-v2.jpg (23KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
pdp-feature4-d-iphone7-bn-v2.jpg
23KB, 460x500px
why do iphones get so much hate?
switched to an iphone 7 last week after using android for years and i'm loving it so far.
>>
>>58231106
>removable batteries are worthless.

I beg to differ. Having one allows me to have a better battery, increase the lifetime use of the phone, and if you're in a bind and running low on battery, you can have a spare on hand to just slap into the phone, rather than be tethered to an outlet.
>>
>>58236047
Because
>Apple
They're solid phones, but /g/ is filled with the kind of people who usually benefit more from having an Android. And filled with the kind of people who would love to shit on Steve Job's grave if given the opportunity.

I don't personally have an iPhone, and I'm not a really big fan of Apple in their current state, but the iPhones are very nicely made, and iOS seems very smooth.
>>
>>58236047
idk about the hardware but the iOS is garbage. i tried to use it once and had no idea what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>58236047
iOS is restrictive and customization as fuck. Sure the hardware/app ecosystem works well and results in their phones being pretty fast but I would avoid iOS like the plague
>>
>>58236119
fair enough
>>58236130
yeah it took a little bit to figure things out but once i did it's great
>>58236148
fair point about the restrictiveness, but i realized that i very rarely use the customization features that android has to offer and wouldn't lose anything by switching to ios.
for those who do use them it would probably be a downgrade
>>
>>58236047
iOS is too restrictive, plus it has built in spyware and it's overprice with shitty build quality. It's ok if you buy into Applels closed ecosystem.
>>
>>58236267
>built in spyware
Like every Android phone with Google Apps
>>
>>58236453
>like every device since the 2g era
>>
File: mac-miller-brand-name.jpg (55KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
mac-miller-brand-name.jpg
55KB, 700x396px
Just pulled the trigger on a HTC 10

Im hype accually
>>
>>58234787
Doesn't say which bands are missing, but it says for the 4G network there are only four bands available. Not sure whether it would work well as I don't know enough about frequencies and shit.
>>
>>58236733
It's overall the best phone of 2016, the only drawbacks the thing has is not being able to record in 4k (as if anyone here would need it) and the rather small battery, UHD with 3000 mAh needs to die already, 4000 mAh should be the absolute minimum for flagships of 2015 and up if they have such a meme screen resolution.
>>
any chinkphone under 200€ with B20/800MHz?
>>
File: iphone-se-10.jpg (55KB, 493x503px) Image search: [Google]
iphone-se-10.jpg
55KB, 493x503px
>>58236047
I'm at the point where Google has made Android such an unattractive option I'm just going to get a SE and call it a day. There's really no other options on my carrier except a Microsoft Lumia, but that's what I'm using now it's awful.

Reminds me of the iPhone 4 I had back in 2013.
>>
>Redmi note 4X
>SD653

>Mi5C
>SD652

Wouldn't that conflict with each other? I mean both can't fight with Zuk Z2 but they'd also fight with each other.
>>
>tfw no Peace Mobile 2

>tfw not experiencing evolution level 2
>>
>>58237077
t.jaquan

give it back you dirty fucking nigger
>>
Note 4 vs S5? I need a phone to have on backup when my s4 explodes.
>>
>>58237507
>touchjizz vs touchjizz
>>
>>58237516
I'm gonna put CM14 on it straight away lol. I want a decent phone that isn't $1000+
>>
I applied for unlock permissions for my daughter's mother's rn3p, but haven't received any confirmation sms, just the first one. On the website miui.com/unlock i get automatically fowarded to the part with trying to unlock the phone. How can I check specifically for the permissions ? Or no sms = no unlock
>>
Has there been any news about the Xiaomi Mi Mix coming world wide?
>>
>>58237077
I did the same since Google killed the Nexus line, which is all I've used since the Nexus 4.

The battery life has been crazy for me, especially coming from a 5X which usually croaked at around 3 hours SOT. Only complaints is that there are no suitable 4chan apps and the shitty OBD scanner I use in my car doesn't work on iOS.
>>
>>58237507
>>58237532
Rather than getting a 2 year old phone with outdated specs you should look at cheaper alternatives like Zuk z2 pro or Xiaomi Mi5s or something. Or OP3T
>>
>>58237638
Yea that's what I was thinking. Xiaomi something
>>
>>58237638
>outdated specs
Still perfectly serviceable if your usage habits aren't that intense.
>>
>>58237761
I only text/call, browse net, etc. no games. So I don't need some $1500 flagship phone to text/call people, Also don't need to show it off for a social status item.
>>
i want something
>cheap
>has lots of ram
>good camera
>nice screen
>can play games and emulators
>not chinese
>unlocked
what are my options?
>>
>>58237761
Yeah but if he can get something much better for a similar price then it's definitely worth it with apps becoming more bloated and that way it would last longer too
>>
>>58237779
>not chinese
iPhone
>>
>>58237779
>I want everything for cheap and it cant be chinese
nice one faggot
>>
Just got a Galaxy Note 4.

Believe it or not but I'd been using a Nokia Lumia the past 2 years and a Blackberry before that.

Now that I've dipped my toe into the modern era can anyone recommend me some of the must have apps to install? Preferably looking for useful things to have that arent the obvious social media stuff.

Gaming seems just about as dull as I'd expect, though I'm tempted to just pick up Star Wars KOTOR, seems like it would be comfy.
>>
>>58237949
New launcher or just a new ROM so you don't have to use touchjizz
>>
>>58232811
HTC 10
>>
>>58237969
Well there appears to be a lot to choose from.

Any specific ones /g/ recommends?
>>
>>58229607
Sprint is giving 50% off the LG v20 when you sign up or upgrade.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/12/29/deal-alert-sprints-lg-v20-50-off-16-50-per-month-end-year/

You guys think this is because of the bootloop?
>>
>phone finally is in my country from buying overseas
>tomorrow is weekend
>monday is public holiday
Guess I'm waiting until Tuesday or Wednesday
>>
Is Redmi Note 3 Pro still worth it? I only have a budget of $116.
>>
>>58238869
Get 3gb ram or get rekt
>>58238310
Of course
>>58238011
PAC is neat
>>58237779
Everything is made in china
>>58237777
The better the hardware, the longer you'll avoid lagdroid™
>>
>budget : $350 (preferably, but can go up to $600)
Wanted features:
>Great display
>good battery life
>Multi-tasking (2 separate windows for apps at the same time, see pic related)
>Fingerprint scanner
>Good speakers (must be front or back facing)
>Water resistance
>>
>>58238869
https://www.fastcardtech.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-650.html

Is this ok?
>>
>>58239121
Thanks mate

Bought one, cheapest in the market
>>
>>58231106
>removable batteries are worthless
removable batteries are the difference between an extremely expensive disposable toy and a device you can rely on for 3+ years. Go away you fucking shill.
>>
File: 1402158221195.jpg (41KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1402158221195.jpg
41KB, 512x384px
Bought a Zenphone 3 Max.

Did I fuck up?
>>
>LG nowdays is bootloopheaven
>tfw still using my LG Optimus G (E975) from 2012 on Nougat
>>
>>58239075
Anything with good RAM and Android Nougat can do multiwindow
>>
Been away from /g/ for a while. Can anyone tell me what the consensus is on the OP3T? Is it /spg/ recommended?
>>
Hey lads,
which phone would you buy between the Redmi Note 3 Pro and the Redmi Pro?
I really can't decide and they cost exactly the same...
>>
hey guys
my oneplus 3 is too big, whats a comparable phone between 5.2-5.5 inches?

one of these xaimi shits?
>>
>>58240354
Xiaomi Mi5s
Zuk z2 pro (it's only 5 inches though)
etc
>>
>>58240504
hmm yeah the zuk z2 pro looks good seen that name thrown around a few times, is lenovo really chinese do they make phones the same quality as laptops?
>>
>>58240621
They are Chinese not in the sense that they are shit quality but that they are aimed towards the Chinese market. So they are pretty decent quality
>>
>>58239121
Nice one, thanks. I'll try this android bit and this will be my first android. Thanks for the link /g/.
>>
File: IMG_0565.jpg (140KB, 745x1250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0565.jpg
140KB, 745x1250px
Just bought pic related, how did I do?
>>
>>58241642
https://www.fastcardtech.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-32GB.html

Pretty bad desu
>>
shitposting from my lg v20 :^)
>>
File: snooti.jpg (42KB, 480x463px) Image search: [Google]
snooti.jpg
42KB, 480x463px
Alright, /spg/.

I'm in the market for a new phone. It needs to work on T-Mobile USA, and I have a max budget of $200 USD for the phone. Things I'd like are:

>microSD card slot
>removable battery (not a must)
>good cyanogenmod/lineageOS support

Literally everything else depends on the phone.

I've narrowed it down to:

>ZenFone 2
>Xperia Z1c (love the design)
>Redmi Note 3 Pro
>Moto G4

Wat get g

Also rec me other phones.
>>
hello /spg/ i need an advice

my friend has a nexus 6 on project fi. he refuse to root due to a bad experience previously. however he STILL has not received the Nougat OTA.

Anyone know why this is or a possible way for him to get?
>>
>>58235071
>overpriced junk
its usually 700 im getting it for 200 less u jelly ^:)?
>>
>>58241694
>Gray +US$ 50.00

Price aside, decent chinkphone tho?
>>
File: mpc.jpg (21KB, 500x247px) Image search: [Google]
mpc.jpg
21KB, 500x247px
retard here, the mpn doesn't matter right? i just dont want to find out i bought some Canadian phone that causes incompatibility issues or something (i live in australia). also ebay virgin, is this listing safe? dont want to lose $650 or go through the hassle of ebay's money back guarantee business
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-5-5-Oneplus-3T-4G-Lte-Quad-Core-6GB-Ram-64GB-Unlocked-Gunmetal-Grey-/122248503499?hash=item1c769420cb:g:v6UAAOSwj85YPq3c
>>
Just got my Redmi 3 pro. The 3gb ram version with miui 8 and the global stable beta rom. Its surpassing my expectations. That camera though..
>>
>>58231041
The only problem with buying something from verizon is that even if they are GSM unlocked, they are usually GSM2.0 unlocked meaning nothing more than a quadband phone.
>>
>>58231113
Motorola isn't as cheap in Europe as it is in the US, I bought my sister a Moto G (1st gen) and at the time it was almost 200 euros to have it delivered.
>>
>>58232836
Wileyfox Swift 2
>>
>>58236047
>iphone 7
thats a thing? i thought 6S was the latest. I wonder if they'll update the SE...

The SE would be for me the perfect device, but sinking that kind of money into a phone depresses me.
>>
>>58241997
it's the one with no home button and no headphone port
>>
>>58242006
I thought that was the 6S... Tells you how much I keep up with it. Currently carrying a yota, the headphone jack is shit keeps "thinking" the headphones were disconnected, plus its really really slippery and there are no cases to make it more "grippy". I am considering getting a redmeme. just wish they had stock android out of the box.
>>
File: IMG_20161230_153133.jpg (229KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161230_153133.jpg
229KB, 750x1000px
Retard here, dropped my RN3P, tempered glass protector saved the glass on top, but the LCD panel underneath still cracked. Phone works perfectly fine, touch still works even the black areas.

I'm assuming since I bought the 2GB/16GB version it's not worth trying to fix.

Budget is 200 europoors.

The options seems to be another RN3P, Zuk Z2, or LeEco X820.

Do either of those two phones have decent CM support? I'd want that more than most other features desu.
>>
>>58242047
When you start looking at cost, most phones are not worth fixing at all. Specially when they all require special tools to do it properly.
>>
>>58242047
Zuk z2 has CM support but it's not official. There are some good roms out there though on zukforums
>>
>>58242047
A E S T H E T I C
And yes, not worth. Phone costs what, 180 europoors? Replacing any screen on a phone is like 110 europoors. Ridiculous. Great for those devices where people spent $900 and need a new screen in the 4th+ year, but otherwise not worth.

3P has great support. Zuk has minimal support, and leeco is basically nonexistent.

However, that can all change with Lineage revival, but no one knows how long that is going to take.
>>
So today I might be getting the s7 edge since my m8 has recently decided to go haywire, and I was wondering how easy it will be to root and remove bloatware from it. I'm still under my family's plan so I've got Verizon, but from what I've seen I can still root it. Any of you guys have experience with this?

>inb4 some insult for getting the s7, I'm just a flagship guy and I loved my s3
>>
>>58242071
thats why you pay some koreans at the shops who have all the expensive tools to do it for you
>>
>>58242149
what does your mate have to do with you getting a new phone? is him going haywire = him going on a wild spending spree?
>>
>>58242151
That will still run you almost half the price of a new phone.
>>
I wish people would post pics and shit of their zuk z2s so I can get hyped up
>>
>>58242047
A replacement screen is like $20 off aliexpress
>>
>>58236047
Getting my iPhone 7 plus next week. Hopefully I will like it. Been with symbian, windows phone and lastly Android 6.0 for 3 months. Those 3 months with Android made me never want to touch an Android phone ever again. A more retarded and laggy piece of shit can't be found. It seems to be a cult that it's commonly acknowledged that you need to replace your phone after 6 to 24 months because Android phones just stop working eventually and you can't fix it.

I would have sticked with windows phone but no new flagship phone and no apps have effectively killed the platform for me.
>>
>>58242163
no dude my htc one m8. battery goes down quickly, dies at 30%, and now the power button thinks it's down all the time so to unlock it I had to remove password to swipe up and to lock it I have to wait for the screen to timeout
>>
>>58242215
getting the parts isn't the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLr9oSREI1g
>>
>>58242268
What android phone you had?
>>
>>58242149
check xda
>>
>>58242268
>It seems to be a cult that it's commonly acknowledged that you need to replace your phone after 6 to 24 months because Android phones just stop working eventually and you can't fix it.
That's one evidence to the fact that you've only been with Android for 3 months
iOS is a solid system but I'd rather have a small, pocket computer than a quick brick
>>
>>58242313
>part 1
I'm sorry
Also that accent
>>
>>58242342
LG G5. I'm convinced people using Android phones are so used to eating shit they don't notice the flaws the OS have.
>>
>>58242413
>LG electronics
>ever
yikes
>>
>>58242384
>That's one evidence to the fact that you've only been with Android for 3 months
My colleagues regularly have non fixable problems with their high end android handsets. I just experienced the shittines myself.
>iOS is a solid system but I'd rather have a small, pocket computer than a quick brick
I rather have a phone that you actually can make phone calls on and do quick email reading and open the occasional office document. The LG G5 had trouble to even find the car's handsfree. And when it found the car's handsfree it would either disconnect after 15 minutes or crash. Taking calls or making calls I would have to switch to private call because it wouldn't send and receive audio.

My symbian and windows phone devices just work with the car's handsfree. Plus they don't go retarded and lock up for 30 seconds because the google/Chinese/NSA botnet decides it have to work right now.

>>58242442
Yeah indeed but I'm certain it's a deep rooted problem in the Android platform. Even the replacement G5 had the same fucking issues.
>>
>>58242485
Not really. You replaced an LG device with another LG device. LG is notorious with shit software, and abysmal hardware. They throw the entire kitchen sink into their devices without a care in the world for performance or longevity because all they care about is trying to compete with their korean counterpart - Samsung.

You should try a pixel if you actually want to give ~true~ android a chance. Mind you, after using nexus devices, iphones, and a plethora of other devices, I'm not blind to the shortcomings of android - like how short software support is, how long it took google to get their security updates in place, etc. Nor am I trying to state that google-backed devices are best in market, it just sounds like a lot of your problems stem from LG.
>>
>>58242517
Pixel is overpriced shit
>>
>>58242517
>LG is notorious with shit software
If it actually was so shit you imply they would have gone out of business. It's more likely that Android is a piece of shitty turd.

>You should try a pixel if you actually want to give ~true~ android a chance.
I've played with a colleague's pixel. Honestly I saw no difference. The same similar retarded UI and bugs. He says his microphone stops working at times. Also reports issues with bluetooth connectivity to the company cars' handsfree. And the pixel goes full retard and switch to data when there is a perfectly fine wifi in the area. Plus it appears to have additional issues with the connection stability to the enterprise wifi. He just use the 4G connection instead.

>Mind you, after using nexus devices, iphones, and a plethora of other devices, I'm not blind to the shortcomings of android - like how short software support is, how long it took google to get their security updates in place, etc. Nor am I trying to state that google-backed devices are best in market, it just sounds like a lot of your problems stem from LG.
To me it seems to be fundamental Android issue that appears to be impossible to fix.
>>
>>58242589
Pixel is overpriced for sure.

>>58242635
Being in business has nothing to do with quality whatsoever.

>To me it seems to be fundamental Android issue that appears to be impossible to fix.
Forgetting a word or two to make that statement actually comprehensible.
>>
>>58242701
>Being in business has nothing to do with quality whatsoever.
Is that why Nokia went from the biggest player in the market to the most irrelevant one?
>Forgetting a word or two to make that statement actually comprehensible.
Android is a shit operating system. The only way to fix it is to have every android handset turn into a note 7 and then explode. Then start over with a non-shit architecture.

Is that understandable enough for you?
>>
>>58229607
I must say I am intrigued by Nextbit Robin yet I am also disappointed.

> Dual front facing speakers (by the look of it?)
> Unique design

...then I looked closer at the pictures realized it looks like a kids toy. Seriously. I have a 3 year old nephew so naturally I looked for christmas gifts in the toy-store a few weeks ago and this phone looks almost exactly like those "fake" mobile phone toys for kids.

The website also says it has a special OS that sends all your data to "the cloud" when it feels like it and that is obviously a no-go.
>>
>>58242793
Nope, Nokia became irrelevant due to the CEO wanting to devalue the company to sell to Micro. JustBizThings~

You seem aggressive for no reason, I was just pointing out your statement was missing some words to actually make sense. But yes, it all adds up now, why you're angry, why you're incoherent, and why you hate android. :)
>>
>>58233683
>release a phone without a headphone jack and a ridiculous battery
>BUT WITH THIS MOD YOU CAN ADD A HEADPHONE JACK AND MORE BATTERY
no surprise it wasn't succesful. the point of modularity is that you can swap your processor or your camera for a better one. it is NOT about removing features so that you can sell $200 accesories to add basic functionality to your phone that already should be there in the first place
>>
>>58242832
You can disable all the cloud stuff, but yes the entire thing is built out of plastic.

>>58242846
I mean I can see short term modularity working - battery cases, camera cases, and similar. But actual modularity like desktops? I just can't see that ever becoming a thing for the next decade. People already struggle enough as it is with their prebuilt unibody design phones, giving them the option to switch out core components? Disaster.
>>
>>58242841
>Nokia became irrelevant due to the CEO wanting to devalue the company to sell to Micro. JustBizThings~
By making shit products no one wants. You imply the people buying Android devices wants a shitty experience? Perhaps they even expects a shitty experience?

>You seem aggressive for no reason, I was just pointing out your statement was missing some words to actually make sense.
No you just pretend to be an English language expert because you have nothing better to attack or refute.
>But yes, it all adds up now, why you're angry, why you're incoherent, and why you hate android. :)
Please elaborate. I hate shitty experiences and Android gives a shitty UX. Your Google flagship device have poor compatibility with my daily life as seen from colleagues. And so does my shitty LG device that have been replaced once with no improvement to UX.
>>
>>58242928
>You're* implying the people buying Android devices want* a shitty experience?
>Perhaps that they even expect* a shitty experience?
>No,* you just pretend to be an English language expert because you have nothing better to attack or refute.
>I hate shitty experiences and Android provides* a shitty UX.
>Your Google flagship device has* poor compatibility with my daily life as seen from colleagues,* and so does my shitty LG device that have been replaced once with no improvement to UX.
Just because we're on 4chan, doesn't mean you should stop trying. Effectively I'm just trying to help you out, preventing you from getting into nasty habits. Don't interpret my actions as an attack.

As for elaboration, you're angry at strangers online because they disagree with your personal experiences with devices. Here's the fucked up part though, experiences aren't objective. They will never be. Think about that before you even bother replying about how correcting people online is rude or some inane shit.
>>
>>58242832
Go watch the JerryRigEverything video about the Robin, it's less durable than a child's toy anyway
>>
>>58231106
Removable batteries are NOT worthless. Lithium batteries don't last and quite a few phones will outlast them. I do agree that it's kind of worthless in practice since it's very hard to actually get a replacement battery when you need it.

>>58231307
There are phones that don't have FM radio??? Every single MediaTek chipset since 2013 or something has had that built-in. I haven't had a smartphone that didn't have FM, it's probably on yours too but you just haven't noticed the app (or you have to install one yourself). Only works if headphones are connected, though (uses that as antenna).

If it's useful for very long is another question, in the fascist union almost every country is going DAB+ and have a date when they will be closing FM down. That date has been pushed into the future in a few countries, though - but they really don't want to keep FM around for some reason. The result will obviously be that I simply stop listening to the radio and I have the impression I'm not the only one who'll do that instead of buying some over-priced DAB+ radio.

>>58232987
>iPod classic
And now you're carrying two things. If you are going to carry a phone and a mp3 player and a camera then you might as well buy a $10 dumb-phone with big buttons and a 2" screen.
>>
>>58235977
Lenovo K3 Note. It's older but new ones are still being sold very cheap. What I personally like about Lenovos K series is the Dolby Atmos sound thingy which actually makes listening to it with earbuds or headphones sound better.
>>
>>58242992
>Just because we're on 4chan, doesn't mean you should stop trying. Effectively I'm just trying to help you out, preventing you from getting into nasty habits.
English is my third language and I started teaching myself English when I was 30 years old. I have no hope or interest in improving my English at 45 years age.

>Don't interpret my actions as an attack.
I find your arguments weak and point that out. You assume loads of things and project your feelings of anger on to me.
>As for elaboration, you're angry at strangers online because they disagree with your personal experiences with devices. Here's the fucked up part though, experiences aren't objective. They will never be.
I'm not angry. You appear to be mad because my experience doesn't overlap with yours.
>Think about that before you even bother replying about how correcting people online is rude or some inane shit.
Maybe you should take your own advice first? Live like you learn?
>>
I've narrowed down my choices to Lumia 950 and Sony Xperia X Compact. Lumia has a lot of potential in my opinion, if Microsoft manages to integrate desktop and mobile into one as they vision, the display and camera are good and interchangeable battery is a huge plus. Sony is more conveniently sized and Android is "ready", so there are more features and apps that already work. Both are the same price.

Which one has better quality audio output?
Has Windows any future?
Are there any known problems or quality issues with either one?
>>
>>58237779
A:
>has lots of ram
>good camera
>nice screen

B:
>cheap

No, you can't have A _and_ B. Pick ONE.

Also,
>not chinese
Good luck with that. iPhones are made in China even though Apple is an American company. Samsung phones are made in China even though they are supposedly a South Korean company. If you're going to buy a phone then you're going to buy a phone made in China.

For giving you actual advice based on your wishes, though, what screen size are you looking for?
>>
File: 1434663290947.jpg (119KB, 576x740px) Image search: [Google]
1434663290947.jpg
119KB, 576x740px
Any good replacements for RN3P charger?
Mine just died and I am using one of an old phone, but it seems to be charging much much slower.
>>
>>58243313
Preferably something with a US plug, without the need of using an adapter from China to US, since that's what fucked the charger.
>>
Can someone help recommend me an unlocked smartphone that doesn't cost more than $400?

I'm from the US and my carrier is ATT.

The features I'm looking for are
-Fingerprint reader
-Type C USB
-Expandable storage
-Good camera
-Preferably little to no bloat

I was looking at the ZTE Axon 7 because it had all of those features, but I'm worried that the camera is lacking. I used to own a Nexus 5X and only wish the camera is as good, or better, than that phone.
>>
My Redmi Note 3 finally arrived. I wanted to put Cyanogenmod on it, but it's wiki looks like it's been down a while, and you fags have been shitposting a lot about Currymod. Should I just stick with the stock rom?
>>
Want to upgrade from my Note 4
US, T-Mobile
Besides being on or above par with the Note 4 in performance and battery, a MicroSD card slot is the only real requirement, which is why I'm not gonna get a Note 5 instead. I'm indifferent about screen size.
got about $400 to spend on it.
Also, what Custom ROM would you recommend for it?
>>
File: overview_design_phone_brown.jpg (125KB, 522x703px) Image search: [Google]
overview_design_phone_brown.jpg
125KB, 522x703px
Own LG G4. Been using it for around 8 months. AMA
>>
>>58243009
>If you are going to carry a phone and a mp3 player and a camera then you might as well buy a $10 dumb-phone with big buttons and a 2" screen.
this is my struggle right now. 5" devices are just to big to be used one handed. Iphone se is to costly for what it gives you but it is the perfect device with the perfect size. there is a freedom that comes with using a dumb phone at the cost of not being reacheable. so what do. anyone have any camera samples of the red meme 4 pro?
>>
>>58233017
Note 4 with Note 7 port/Cyanogen and pocket the rest while basking in the glory of a detachable stylus and a fuckhuge high resolution screen

That, or a cryPhone. The choice is yours, compadre
>>
>>58244069
How big is your bull's cock?
>>
>>58244380
5 inches flaccid and 7 inches erect
>>
>>58244490
Sounds like a keeper
>>
Is oppomart legit for buying the zuk z2?
>>
>>58244731
Why you would buy that overpriced hunk of human waste is the real question here
>>
>>58245108
Then what's better for that price
>>
>>58245108
>overpriced
????
>>
>>58245238
nothing specs wise, other anon is just being retard

I like xiaomi redmi 4 pro as potential candidate
the SoC is not as powerful, but its more efficient coupled with larger battery
>>
>not having a Mi Max
lmao manlets
>>
>>58243492
The camera is good as long as it isn't photographing low light. It's 20mp so you can zoom in a bit as well. Point and shoot is sometimes meh because the auto focus isn't great, but if you use manual mode you can take great photos.
I'd give it a 6.5/10
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1482895582427~01.png (309KB, 1660x1284px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1482895582427~01.png
309KB, 1660x1284px
>>58245357
Battery of the z2 is enough for me
>>
File: gsmarena_002.jpg (56KB, 728x314px) Image search: [Google]
gsmarena_002.jpg
56KB, 728x314px
>>58245559
what am I looking at?
seems like dead after 7 hours run...

I dunno man...
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (2MB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
2MB, 300x170px
Does anyone know good smartphones with <5" screens? They seem to be either old or the poor man's version of a bigger phone/flagship.

>inb4 iPhone 5
Already have that one, but it's R.i.p
>>
>>58245619
iPhone SE
>>
Who else here /never ending waitgame/?

I was waiting for the z5 compact to get cheaper or for a new compact phone to reach the market.

z5 compact doesn't get cheaper and the x compact is shit. Now I wait for xiaomi to release a compact phone (if the rumors are true, I don't really believe it honestly). If that fails I'll wait for the mi6. If the mi6 is shit I'll get a redmi 4 pro I guess.

My phone is 3.5 years old now.
>>
>>58245619
so get another one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc_gMAlHRNk
>>
I'm trying to recover some data off my note 5. It has been turned off immediately after the deletion, wifi/data turned off, and is rooted with usb debugging enabled. It has terminal emulator and busybox installed.

I'm trying to copy /dev/block/mmcblk0 (the whole partition) to an OTG USB (which is twice in capacity than the phone btw). Nothing I do works.

I tried adb pull (via wifi) to the usb (/storage/UsbDriveA/), doesn't work.
I tried cat, doesn't work
I tried dd, doesn't work
I tried to output via nc, doesn't work.

It doesn't work I've concluded because of permissions set to mmcblk0 (179) but when I try to chmod 777 it doesn't work. Tried setting the permission with filexplorer, doesn't work either although it shows that the permissions have been set. I suspect this because the programs finish/exit, and the output file has been created, but is 0 bytes in size. This happens even though all these apps -have- ROOT permissions and the owner of the mmcblk0 is ROOT.

Any suggestions?

I'll use testdisk and photorec to recover the files (videos).

Literally don't know what to try. I'm out of ideas.
>>
>>58245638
I feel you anon. I bought my 1+1 because it was the best value at the time but now with all the chink phones I am waiting for the perfect phone for 200 bucks
>>
What apk's does /g/ recommend?
>>
>>58243241
>Lumia has a lot of potential in my opinion, if Microsoft manages to integrate desktop and mobile into one as they vision

Don't count on it, if you like the device as it is right now then buy it. Don't expect updates for the better. In fact, don't expect updates at all.
>>
>>58245597
Lel bullshit
Also dead after 7h screen on time
redmis get around 10hours
>>
>>58234763

What about Honor 7 Lite vs P9 Lite?
I've read some comparisons that make them seem like they are almost equal, but I don't trust tech jurnos drivel.
>>
>>58243241
Windows phone is dead anon, dead.
>>
>>58245923
>>58246048
Only problems I have with it are lack of apps/programs/software and unfinished integration. Microsoft seems to be still working on the mobile side of things (last build was released a month ago as far as I know) and if they manage to build this into a viable platform in a couple of years, that would be fine by me, because I switch phones seldom. So you both think this won't happen?
>>
>>58246081
it
is
dead

Even if microsoft manages to do something great don't expect them to backport it to older devices. The newer generation of snapdragon cpus are far more powerfull than the shit you get with the lumia 950.

if you really think the windows botnet will have a future and you don't want to waste any money then get a shitty cheap chinese phone and wait for 1-2 years. Maybe microsoft releases the surface phone and people magically start buying it and developers magically start developing apps for it. I highly doubt that.
>>
>>58246081
>So you both think this won't happen?

>Hey guys we made a new platform cool huh? CE? Yeah those apps no longer work, but from here on its all good.
>Hey guys, WP8 is out now, oh your WP7 apps don't work, fuck you right haha
>Hey guys we are working on Windows10 and its going to be uh mazing and all your phone is going be upgraded and your phone will be upgraded, everyone gets upgrades.
>No one gets upgrades, buy a new phone poorfag
>a year goes by
>950 and 950XL is out, $599 because fuck you
>We are not focused on Windwos Mobile right now

Gee I don't know why we'd think it's not going to happen.
>>
>>58233986
I just got the Z Force the other day. Outside of no headphone jack I am loving it.

>>58234025
It is pretty meme, however the conveniece of the battery pack shit is pretty nice. I probly wont ever use the battery pack unless I am on trips or the phone battery starts to suck a dick down the road.

Other than the battery and /maybe/ the speaker (if you legit have a reason to need a portable speaker) the whole thing is a joke. The projector only goes 480p iirc and the camera attachment is only 13mp or something with 10x optical zoom, so unless youre taking pics at a distance you just wasted 300 on a camera thats worse than the one already on the phone.

Like some other anon said, I could see a lot of cool attachments coming out of moto mods, but I doubt we will see many of them make it to market.
>>
File: motherfucker.png (90KB, 482x315px) Image search: [Google]
motherfucker.png
90KB, 482x315px
>>58246288
>>
File: dense for you.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
dense for you.png
70KB, 243x200px
>>58246288

this >>58246322 was for (You) >>58246288
>>
>>58246140
Microsoft's idea seems to be that universal apps start to become the norm, so platform specific apps wouldn't be needed.

>>58246142
Yeah it's pretty bad but it also seems really counterintuitive to keep making deliberately bad decision for many years and they know they're bad. Windows 10 is like the F-35 of software; too big to fail. Cross-platform compatibility is the only trick they have left at this point, so it's hard to believe they would give up on it.
It would be kind of safer to go with Android at this point but on the other hand it would be interesting to see the OS evolve and it already has a couple of nice features.
>>
>>58246385
We did not even get into the problems, that post was just Microsofts behavior.

When you add to it the no availability of apps people use to communicate with one another, or other apps that may make it a dealbreaker, the instability of Internet Explorer/Edge, the instability of the apps on the platform, the instability of the platform itself. Last I checked you can buy great condition 950 for less than $300 on ebay, people are abandoning it, even if Microsoft keeps it alive for another ten years, it doesn't have the critical mass necessary to attract developers and unless they relaunch the platform with more, new, great AND cheap phones, its dead.
>>
>>58245697
Did you try copying it by your recovery's file manager?
You know, simple shit usually works the best
>>
>>58246485
There's WhatsApp, Kik, Messenger, Skype... It's the other apps that are missing. My dad has a 650 (he has used every incarnation of WP over the years) and he's the one recommending the 950. Said the only problem he has had is that the updates take a long time to download and install. Otherwise everything has worked smoothly. I can actually get a new 950 for 299€.

He has one pretty solid argument for the future of WP: corporations. The 650 is his work phone and the company didn't even consider Android or iOS, because WP is already so well integrated with other Microsoft products. From his point of view, because Google and Apple can't offer solutions for businesses, Microsoft will have plenty of time and resources to get Win 10 to work. Today he told me that they will get Surface tablets, because iPad and Samsung's offering can't run Office macros.
>>
>>58246081
It's dead. When microsofts announces that you can download shit from google play store and it works to 100% on your windows phone is when it can finally be considered as an option.
>>
>>58246837
I used Windows phones and they are the ultimate dumb phone because most of the apps simply don't exist. I don't use many apps at all, but the ones I wanted, didn't work/exist like Facebook Messenger.
>But that app exists
No it doesn't, you can not make calls or video calls on messenger under Windows phone.

There aren't any good fully working podcast apps under windows phone.
> Try this one or that one
I have spent the $15 on podcast clients for Windows platform, none of them work, they're so buggy that they could be alpha.
>>
>>58246928
I think they're going to go the opposite direction.

>>58246956
Personally I don't use social media or use listen to podcasts so I wouldn't know beyond looking at their store and seeing the apps there. I just dream of things like mobile SolidWorks.
>>
Is MIUI from here http://en.miui.com/download.html botnet free?
>>
>>58247053
>I don't use social media
Who said anything about social media. its a messenger app, just like skype, except most people I communicate with are on facebook messenger. youve been given good reasons why Windows Mobile platform is dead, you are seriously being dense. x86 Windows Phone is not going to happen and even if it did, it won't sell when you put it up at the highest price point possible. Windows Phone is dead. At this point you come across as extremely dense not wanting to see the reality in front of you or you're shilling for MS.
>>
>>58247053
>I think they're going to go the opposite direction.
Which is the reason why it will fail. Paypal withdrew their windows phone app like 3 months ago claiming low usage and install base. This is a never ending trend. You know those local transit apps, local bank apps and so on? Yeah they either never showed up or are silently being removed citing similar reasons as the paypal one.
>>
I've been looking at the motorola moto g for a while but now that I've held it it feels like a piece of plastic. Similiar priced phones that are worth considering? (I live in the netherlands)
>>
I bought a google pixel xl and its totally not worth it
>>
>>58244731
are you getting the pro or normal? just wondering.

doesnt seem to be many roms for the zuk phones
>>
>>58247156
I still use mostly SMS, so they're all social media to me. I'm not being dense either. I know that WP is a mess but I want something better to think about than "it's dead, you're dense". You keep saying this and that don't work and they never will but I want to hear why. I'm just giving you something to work on, so you don't have to come up with the possible counter-arguments yourself.

Microsoft's goal is to have one OS for multiple platforms and cross-platform software in some form or another. If this is a good idea, it will most likely sooner or later gain momentum. It doesn't work now but why wouldn't it work in the future or is it simply a bad idea and if so, why?

Xperia X Compact for 299€ is still a pretty nice choice but Lumia has some unexplainable nerdy appeal.

>>58247188
Why would it be never ending? Many ideas and concepts have been abandoned and later become supported again. (My bank actually has a working app. Can't say for how long but at the moment it exists.)
>>
Should I upgrade from a nexus 6 to a 6p?
>>
i thought play music had a fucking equalizer

whats a good music player?
>>
>>58247651
Foobar is lightweight and supports any format you could want
Unsure if the mobile version has eq built in though
>>
I removed the YouTube app since I never use it but once in a while "YouTube has stopped working" will pop up. Is there anything else I need to do to completely remove it?

Also if there's any fellow /g/entooman from Sweden on... This thing called "Netverks Assistant" came pre-installed, version matches Android version so it seems to be a part of Android but if you're Swedish you'll notice the name is very poorly translated which made me a bit suspicious. I tried looking it up on Google but nothing.
>>
>>58247968
no eq, but thanks. doesnt sound like shit so i dont need one now.

>>58248110
>youtube app
i disabled mine and use the browser.
>>
>tfw had virus and had t oreset my note 2
>tfw all my ricing is gone and I don't remember how I did it before
>>
whats the best non-botnet file explorer?
>>
Hey I wanna buy my sister a new phone but my budget is $100 I've already looked at the Moto g4 play looks decent is there any other option?
>>
>>58248424
No. Moto G4 Play is your best deal. Go buy it.
>>
>>58247312
What do you mean? This phone is legit
>>
How about Sony phones? Im thinking about the x performance, feels pretty nice in the hand, semi compact and good specs. Any experience with the camera anyone?
>>
File: image.png (219KB, 335x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
219KB, 335x280px
>>58229607
I never understood these phones. I don't hate them because of the price as I'm not a jealous cuck, but I hate them because they're bullshit. You'd think a phone at this price range would be crazy in terms of specs, but it's just a normal phone, with a bigger battery. Why do they do this? If they can't make a better processor, which I understand, at least give it like 1TB of storage or something crazy. 20MP camera or something like wtf.

>>58247312
Shut the fuck up you liar, it's the best Android phone you can buy right now.

>>58248286
Solid Explorer Pro has never let me down. Used ES Explorer before, but it became bloated botnet. Depends on what you need to do. It's really intuitive if you need quick root browsing. You go to root, find your file, long press on it, click the action on the top bar, swipe and you're automatically in /sdcard so you can instantly paste. Much faster than going back through folders.
>>
>>58247484
>Why would it be never ending?
Because the windows phone market share isn't growing. All app makers have a break even point. I wouldn't want to use a bank app that hasn't had security updates for the past 2 years.
>Many ideas and concepts have been abandoned and later become supported again. (My bank actually has a working app. Can't say for how long but at the moment it exists.)
UWP seemed like a nice idea that would solve the app shortage. However it never did. Turns out that companies that never made a windows phone app never saw the point in making an UWP one. They either have existing traditional windows software or never saw the point in making a windows app because windows devices in general are not used as phones.
>>
>>58237580
in january
>>
FOR FUCK SAKE /G/ THIS IS IT. I'VE BEEN IN THESE THREADS FOR TOO LONG NOW AND I NEED AN ANSWER. I'M A RETARDED CONSUMER AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS THE "BEST" PHONE TO BUY AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME.

BEST CAMERA, BATTERY, SCREEN, OS, EVERYTHING.
>>
>>58249050
iPhone 7 plus.
>>
>>58249050
WHATS YOUR BUDGET DESU
>>
>>58249116
I should of said no apple

>>58249196
BUDGET IS NOT NEEDED, ALL THAT MATTERS IS PRICE TO PERFORMANCE. IF A PHONE IS SUPER FUCKING EXPENSIVE AND IS SLOWER OR HAS WORSE SPECS OR FEATURES THAN ANOTHER PHONE THAT IS CHEAPER THEN IT OBVIOUSLY LOOSES.

BEST PHONE WITH BEST EVERYTHING FOR THE CHEAPEST IT CAN GO BUT WITHOUT COMPROMISING SPECS
>>
>>58249050
L G G 2
G

G
>>
>>58249242
>I should of said no apple
No you should HAVE said no applel.
>>
I'm a system technician for EE. Anyone wanna know anything?

For what's it's worth, LG G4 is the best phone I've ever used. Dreading the inevitable loop though.
>>
>>58249296
>Dreading the inevitable loop though.
Such is life when using Android handsets. Buy a 10-pack once you find an Android phone you like.
>>
>>58249242
ZUK Z2. Maybe I'm memeing you, maybe I'm not.
>>
>>58249291
Don't you mean
>should've
>>
Okay /spg/,

What smartphones have you owned and what were your two favorite ones?

I'll start:
>Xperia Play
>Droid 4
>HTC One M7
>Samsung Galaxy S4
>Moto E (2nd Gen)
>Moto X (2nd Gen)
>Moto G (2nd Gen)
>Moto E (2nd Gen)
>some Lumia
>Moto E (2nd Gen)
>LG Sunset(?)
>Droid Turbo 2

...and my favorites:
>Moto X (2nd Gen)
>HTC One M7
>>
>>58249363
Owned smartphones:
Nokia N96
Lumia 800
Lumia 930
Lumia 550
LG Spirit
iPhone 7+

Favorites:
N96
Lumia 930
iPhone 7+
>>
>>58249363
>LG G2
>ZTE Axon 7

>LG G2
>ZTE Axon 7
I bought the Axon 7 cuz I thought the LG G2 bootlooped. It just turned on. At least I can sell it now.
>>
>>58248907
You're wasting your time, we gave him plenty of reasons, he's ignoring them and keeps asking for a valid reason because the ones we provide apparently aren't valid. He's either delusional or shilling.
>>
>>58249363
Owned smart phones:
>Galaxy s2
Lasted me like 4 or 5 years until it went through the wash somehow
>Two Xperia z1's
Each lasted about a month. The first ones battery lasted like 10 minutes and the second ones touchscreen didnt work properly

Have a zuk z2 on the way to replace it
>>
>>58241809
Don't mess around with your Sim card thing too much.
Broke mine
>>
>>58241746
it will get it in jan/feb, confirmed
>>
File: 51pmpTEAq6L._SS500[1].jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51pmpTEAq6L._SS500[1].jpg
47KB, 500x500px
What current phones have the LOUDEST speaker?
I don't care about stereo, or placement, or bass. Because it's for podcasts and lectures (for music I use speakers anyway). My current phone, depending on the audio itself, is sometimes loud enough, but most of the time isn't. Esp my favorite podcast. It's a Moto X Play. Fantastic battery but this audio situation isn't cutting it and it's pissing me off.
>>
>nexbit Robin for $145
Should I, or is the sd 808 that bad?
>>
>>58249363
>Nokia 5530XM
pretty bad, Symbian just wasn't made for touchscreen

>Samsung Galaxy S1
loved it, coming from the Nokia android just felt so much better, and you actually had apps available

>Samsung Galaxy S3
didn't really like it, nothing particularly wrong with it, just a spectacularly bland phone

>LG Nexus 4
it was okay, would have been great if it wasn't for the terrible battery life

>Moto G (1st Gen)
wasn't called the Moto /g/ for nothing, such a comfy phone, had great battery life too

>HTC One M7
what a sexy thing, GPE conversion made it almost like a Nexus phone and improved the battery life a lot, camera was ehh though

>Oneplus One
Amazing how good it still is for a 2014 phone, can't really see any reason to upgrade yet as it does everything I need it to
>>
>>58249363
Why where you going through all those Moto phones?
>>
>>58250734

HTC 10 is pretty loud
>>
>>58250892
You shouldn't if you actually want a phone to use seriously.
>>
Is LG G5 really that shit?
I had G2 for like 3 years now but 3 months ago it started shitting itself and I was thinking about switching to G5. I just need it for mobages, music, shitposting and rarely taking pictures and texting.
>>
>>58250734
Axon 7 and Idol 4S are pretty loud. The axon only has front facing speakers while the Idol 4s lets sound through the back, so the axons sound is more directional. This might be good or bad depending on your application.

Gsm arena has loudness ratings for some phones, so you can look around there.

Although you could just get a cheap Bluetooth speaker. If an oontz angle 3 is too big, I'd get a jbl clip 2. This is probably cheaper than getting a new phone.
>>
>>58243417
check how many amps was the broken one spitting and look for any other charger with the same specs and you will be fine. Probably yours was 2A or 2.1A get one of those and you will be fine.

>>58244069
tic toc tic toc time to bootloop motherfucker
>>
>>58231041
The S4 is pretty based. Too bad the build quality is absolute shit.
>>
>>58249363
>Some old Blackberry phone.
>Mexican phone
>RN3P

Well fuck this is so hard.
RN3P tho
>>
>>58249363
Motorola Droid, the original with the lovely pullout physical keyboard (2009-2011/12?)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus, had two back to back, got really used to it (2011/12 - 2016)
Moto G4 in the mail to replace the second Nexus which finally died
>>
>>58231041
I have the moto E I brought from best buy last black Friday for $10 as a backup phone/WiFi device and it's not that bad. The battery life is insane and it's decently fast enough as long as I don't have too much open at once. Also the FM radio is nice.

The cons are that since I have the Verizon version it's trapped in lollipop 5.1 and I can't lock the bootloader and install the latest version of CM. Even though lollipop isn't the worst version of android to be stuck on, it would be nice to be able to move apps to my microsd slot with 6.1.
>>
What are the phones that were announced last CES? Just want to know if I should keep my hopes up.
>>
>>58251899
I had only the G2 and the G5 as my only android devices for the same purposes as you (shitposting) and never had a problem, no bootloop. G2 is 2 1/2 years old and flawless in terms of performance. G5 I had for 4 months. I would of rather got the V20 because of the louder amp but it was too late.
>>
Budget
>600
Provider
>Orange
Requirements
>USB C , Good lowlight camera, Headphone jack , and mSD slot (optional)
Hardmode
>has to be available on amazon
>>
>tfw got a leeco s3
If the camera was better it would have been exactly what i wanted for the price.
At least i have 4g lte at all times.
>>
>>58248907
Fair enough.

>>58249721
I went with Sony. You made a lot of claims but mostly concentrated on calling me names.
>>
Why did apple ruin the phone industry?
>>
I want to install Ubuntu touch on my OnePlus 2... can is possible?
>>
Is Mi5s getting official Cyanogenmod (Lineage OS) support?
>>
Please tell me about the Oukitel k10000.
Does anyone here have it?
Do you like it?
Anything I should keep in mind before buying one?
>>
>>58234487
You done good
Seriously, thats a really good price for a really good phone thats going to be top 5 for a long time. Also you're gonna have the best support directly from google
>>
What does USB type 3 actually do that I would care about?
>>
Rate my wallpaper
>>
>>58255442
I'm sure google will tell you if you ask nicely
>>
Google please tell me what USB type 3 does.
>>
>>58235998
Redmi note 3 pro should be compatible
>>
>>58256053
new
>>58256053
new
>>58256053
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.