[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have $400ish to spend on a new monitor. I got a 1080 and i've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: t.jpg (95KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
95KB, 1500x1125px
I have $400ish to spend on a new monitor. I got a 1080 and i've been stuck with my old asus 1080p 60hz monitor for 5 years now

Do I go with 144hz, 4k, 1440p. I have no idea what is worth investing in.
>>
Depends what your rig is and what you'll be doing. Unfortunately they're aren't any 144hz 4K IPS monitors yet (fingers crossed for CES), so maybe just hold on to your money for a couple months.

If you want something now, I think ASUS has a 1440p 1ms IPS 144hz monitor.
>>
144hz plus 1440p plus gsync
Asus PG278Q, refurbished for $500
4K/60fps maxed is unrealistic even with a 1080
>>
>>58125251
Can't rember the model but dell has a 1440p 144hz monitor in the 500s $ I believe, Asus is more expensive.

And yes it's worth it
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 670x635px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 670x635px
Spend your money on 1440p and 144hz, don't spend money on IPS unless it's literally hurting you to have money
I'm a dumb rogposter and I like it
>>
>>58125323
whew those are almost $700

Might have to wait a bit longer
>>
>>58125340
Refurbished for $500
I'm betting it was used one day then some gaymers mommy returned it, it looks new to me
>>
>>58125251
>>>/g/sqt

I have the first asus rog swift.
It's a great monitor for gaming, browsing/work.

It really sucks for movies.

Mate of mine has the new rog swift (IPS panel) and its great for all.
>>
>>58125251
Hey OP, lemme share my experiences with you.

Came from a 1920x1200 IPS Dell U2410. Loved it, but I don't do any color sensitive work anymore so now my rig is used exclusively for audio work and gaming, so my monitor priorities are laid out clearly, but I did a ton of research before pulling a trigger.

For me, the hierarchy goes Refresh Rate>Resolution>Panel Type (and therefore response time).

144hz is a must for gaming. It is a transformative experience. Anything above 100hz is great and I can't ever suggest a 60hz panel to someone again because high refresh rate gaming is THAT worth it.

1080p isn't a bad resolution as long as the panel itself is of high quality, and with any new monitor you play the panel lottery. 1440p is very nice at 27", but it's hard to drive new games at max settings. 1440p is very much a stop-gap between 1080p and 4k because 4k is only just becoming accessible to gamers.

The display technology is a hot topic, but it comes down to this: How much do you care about marginal improvements in color accuracy and great improvement in viewing angles, and are you willing to pay more, trade response time, and suffer possible panel issues like backlight bleed for it? Those are the principle trade-offs between TN/VA and IPS.

For me, the PG278Q satisfied me plenty and I got one used from a guy in my town for $400 about a year ago. I'm happy with it because it's big, it's got a high refresh rate, and the panel quality is high. The TN panel doesn't bother me, although personally I LIKE glossy screens. I calibrated it to be as color accurate as possible, and while it still has a pink hue, you can only notice it if you have a preexisting eye for color or you compare it to a color palette. It's good for everyday use, gaming, and audio engineering ('cause who gives a fuck what display you use) so it's good for me. Hope this helps.
>>
S2716DG
S2416DG
PG279Q
>>
File: Raside24.png (7KB, 331x211px) Image search: [Google]
Raside24.png
7KB, 331x211px
Why the hell is this so cheap?
Is this brand great? I see some great reviews but not sure if they're legit
>>
>>58125790
Because she's a whore
>>
>tfw there are no 1200p 144hz monitors
>>
>>58125251
1440p 144hz Gsync/Freesync for gaymen
UHD 60hz Gsync/Freesync for media playback
likely the first will be TN (recommended for 1ms response), and the second IPS is recommended
>>
>>58125790
>>58125805
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB714894154&cm_re=pixio_px277-_-9SIAB714894154-_-Product

forgot link fuck me

Why is this so cheap? It has all the features, literally everything
>>
>>58125819
>gsync for media
I didn't know it was that hard to play 24fps movies
>>
>>58125817
I feel your pain my friend. No 1200p and no 1600p Above 60hz, unless you want to play the shitty QNIX panel lottery and HOPE you get an overclockable one.
>>
>>58125833
it helps with irregular frame timings and streamed video
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.