[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>High tech cars Not even once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 20

File: Teslel2.jpg (56KB, 337x463px) Image search: [Google]
Teslel2.jpg
56KB, 337x463px
>High tech cars
Not even once
>>
The only electronic in my car is the ecu and all it does is control my ignition
>>
>>58053631
I keep telling my normie friends and family that tesla is a fucking joke but they wont listen
>>
>Tesla throws cars together out of everyone elses parts
>Basically a zombie prius
>Surprised when the fly by wire fucks itself up
Roight
>>
File: elon.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
elon.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>buying a car made by an autistic cuck who is only relevant because dumbass normie news stations won't stop fawning over him

you get what you deserve.
>>
>>58053754
This, Elon animal Musk is a meme "scientist", and is essentially the Steve Jobs after Jobs died, since most of hat he does is just throw money at stuff and take the credit
>>
>>58053718
Yet they manage to get cars working about as often as other manufacturers.

It's every few months I hear about a major recall because some car manufacturer wanted to cut some corners and instead made a dangerous car.

I'm surprised they work this well.
>>
>>58053718
>Fly by wire
>power steering
Wew lad
>>
>implying that ape knows how to drive
>>
>>58053648
So, it's not an ECU, it's just an ignition controller.]
>>58053807
>It's every few months I hear about a major recall because some car manufacturer wanted to cut some corners and instead made a dangerous car.
That's not real life.
>>58053808
Are you surprised these people don't know what they're talking about?
>>
elon musk is a god, i would treat my tesla with respect unlike brown man
>>
>>58053846
>That's not real life.
What the fuck is that response?
Of course it's real life. Just google "<brand name> recall" and you'll probably find one within the last 2 years.

Tesla hasn't really been out for very long so it's bound to have the same issues that other car companies are plagued with.
>>
>>58053904
There are very few cases where it was known ahead of time that a cost cutting measure would lead to an unsafe design in a situation. Most of the time it's simply because a test case wasn't conceived of or because testing has to be accelerated so you never truly know how something will perform in the long term.
>>
>>58053846
>So, it's not an ECU
Ecu most likely controls intake, ignition, and other stuff.
>>
>>58053928
Yes. That's (probably) exactly what's going on with Tesla.

That's the point I'm making.
>>
literally the apple of cars, the people that buy them don't even care about global warming or the environment they just wanna be hip and in in the new fad
>>
>>58053987
It appears I interpreted your statement incorrectly
>>
>>58053995
nice post retard
>>
>>58054023
He's pretty right, most people do not care about the environment. Which is a shame.
>>
>>58054023
t. elon cuckboi
>>
>>58054023
But he's right.
>>
OK, so since it seems like Teslas are shit, what are some good alternatives?
>>
>>58054030
>>58054031
>>58054035
yeah rofl fuck you retards~!!!!
>>
>>58054039
Nissan Leaf
>>
>>58054039
volkwagen UPe, at least you won't get fucked with the emissions this time
>>
Bought my P85D April '15. 0 dollars gas. 0 dollars maintenance.

itt:poorfags
>>
>>58053648
>The only electronic in my car is the ecu and all it does is control my ignition
That's the M.E (or C.D.I if its diesel).
And you likely have more than that.
It likely also has an S.R.S module, a module in the dash, A.B.S module, etc.
>>
>>58054078
What is the maintenance schedule?
>>
>>58054078
How much do you make a year and what do you do for a living?
>>
This is like the second time he had to send it back this year
>>
>>58054091

once a year service center visit. 500 bucks. optional. skipped first year, will take it in next year.
>>
>>58054088
>That's the M.E (or C.D.I if its diesel).
Expand these.
>>
>>58053808
You act like people actually know how their cars work these days.
Last time I checked, teslas are all by wire.
>>
>>58054093

commercial landlord. 300k
>>
>>58054107
Yes, but what needs to be done when?
>>
>>58053807
>It's every few months I hear about a major recall because some car manufacturer wanted to cut some corners and instead made a dangerous car.

Those recalls are incredibly rare.
Most recalls are preventative modifications to prevent future issues. Things like replacing wiring harness couplings because there's a concern the original might let moisture in eventually... or swapping out a sensor because under the wrong conditions it might cause an inefficiency, etc, etc, etc.

Actual safety issues are typically found at the plant, or corrected before it even gets to the sales floor.

No manufacturer wants an actual safety recall, that utterly destroys their reputation and costs them billions. Everything else outside of safety however, they may cut corners on.
>>
>>58053808
All high end manufacturers are moving to drive-by-wire, most of the economy ones are also doing it, just a little behind the curve.
>>
>>58054198
No, they aren't. The only manufacturer on the market with DBW steering is Infiniti, in a single vehicle.
>>
>>58053782
>just throw money at stuff
government money, even

tesla and spacex are basically milking machines for government grants, subsidies and various other financial incentives
>>
>>58054109
>Expand this
*unzips dick*
>>
>>58054042
Im gonna reply you with your quote "Nice post retard"
>>
>>58054241
Have you been hiding under a rock for a decade?
>>
>>58054312
A decade? The Q50S's system just came out a year or two ago. The DBW steering is pretty much universally reviled, too.
>>
>>58054241
name literally one car that came out 10 years old card using dbw
>>
>>58053671
>you know telsa is a joke,but it looks so nice
>>
>>58054386
Fuck meant to quote >>58054312
go ahead name you imaginary car
>>
>>58054253
Right cause the legacy carmakers didn't take tens of billions of dollars in loans. And we all know that ULA/Boeing/LockMart don't take a dime in subsidies.
>>
>>58054078
Have you ever run out of charge on the road? Just curious.

If so, I guess you'd have to tow it home or a charging station, correct?
>>
Can anyone on this board think critically or do you all just repeat anti-Tesla propaganda mindlessly? Let's see some facts

The model S is
- fastest car of all cars in production right now
- safest car
- most efficient car
- longest range of any EV
- revenue from reserved model 3s is almost 20 billion

Elon Musk does the following
- only ever works
- destroys personal relationships to work more
- will fire employees if they bullshit at all
- will do the work of any employee he fires along with running Telsa & spacex

SpaceX has done the following
- Reclaimed much of the global rocket launch market to USA
- Stopped USA dependence on Russian rockets to get astronauts to space
- Developed brand-new reusable rocket technology
- Has 8 billion in booked rocket launches

All in the span of 15 years. Yet here are hundreds of unnaccomplished anons who nitpick the stupidest shit that mainstream auto manufacturers are way worse on. I don't get it. Is it crabs in a bucket?
>>
>>58054509
>If so, I guess you'd have to tow it home or a charging station, correct?
No you just leave it there and it charges from the sun.

Retard.
>>
==WARNING==

Shills have been spamming negative articles about Tesla, SpaceX and Solarcity ever since Donald Trump accepted Elon Musk into his advisory counsel.
>>
>>58054573
where is the motivation though? Who would be paying to shill

lets figure this out together anon
>>
>>58053631
>tfw car is from 1993 and has like a hundred pounds of primitive computer systems inside it

Unfortunately it's not easy to find a pre-computerization car around here that's in good shape and not rusted out.
>>
>>58054523
>revenue from reserved model 3s is almost 20 billion
I agree with you but this is wrong. Even going by the most optimistic estimates, potential revenue is at $12B which is a far cry from 20. And even then that's wrong, because people have not paid the full price yet, they paid $1000.
The actual revenue today is around 400 millions.
>>
>>58054523
>Let's see some facts
Let's see some sources for your "facts"
>>
>>58054527
Now that I re-read, yes it was a stupid question. What's it like to have never had a retard moment, Mr. Perfect?

Bet your dick is, like, 9 inches too
>>
>>58054670
It's 20b. There are more than 400,000 reservations right now for Model 3, each one is 35,000 base but people will option up to about 37,000 average price. So by the time they get 500,000 reservations, its 18.5 billion which is 20 billion.
>>
>>58054088
no srs no abs
why would I have cuck systems?
>>
>>58054462
>manufacturing is subsidised
news at 11

their leaders aren't put on a pedestal as the smartest goy who ever lived, however

>>58054523
>- safest car
just don't use the autopilot shit

>>58054595
the eternal leftist, same way all those "not my president" riots were funded
>>
>>58054523
>The model S is
>- fastest car of all cars in production right now

Lmoa not even close
>>
>>58054718
Retard alert.
>>
>>58054717
>So by the time they get 500,000 reservations, its 18.5 billion which is 20 billion.
top lmao you sound like a corporate accountant

Current real revenue is less than half a billion and that's the end of it. Call me when Tesla actually sees any of those billions.
>>
>>58054732
autopilot, another thing you anons cant wrap your head around for some reason. You know they run a neural net on a Nvidia Titan for that, right? You know how you train nn's with data? You know how Tesla has the most road video and radar data of any company? Autopilot is gonna get scary good scary fast, even right now it's good enough to drive through the city
>>
>>58053631

>5800 miles

Who even expects his care to last that much? I don't think I'll drive that much in my whole life. If your car has 5800 miles it's time to trash it and buy another one, just like when laptops die.
>>
>>58054717
Do you not realize how revenue works? That's 400 Million dollars in revenue right now. It's revenue when it comes in.... The other 19.6 Billion dollars is "projected revenue".

Let's take into account all the normies who reserved it who probably won't be able to pony up once they are delivered, plus the ammount it is going to cost to upgrade the supercharger network, the $5 billion dollar cost to build the new battery plant in Nevada, etc.

Tesla will fail, and it will be hilarious.
>>
>>58054732
>the eternal leftist

cant see how their pockets are deep enough to fund any lengthy shilling campaign.
>>
>>58054769
When it's not crashing into parked cars.
>>
>>58053754
>muh v24 fags still exist
wew lad just put the nail in the coffin already
>>
>>58054775
I wouldn't be so sure that it will fail, that's a guess, an educated guess at best. But you're 100% right about the reservations revenue.
>>
>>58054749
thanks for warning me about you.
:3c
>>
>>58054770
My Thinkpad won't just "die". Cars shouldn't either.
>>
>>58054738
LMAO a tesla on ludicrous beats out 1000HP cars in the 1/4 mile.

There is literally NO stock car that comes even close.
>>
It's not specific to Tesla or high-tech electric cars. It's just that you never buy the first generation of anything. Give them time to get the kinks worked out.
>>
>>58054718
>cucking yourself out of superior electronic traction control
>>
>>58054775
Lol you dumbfuck.
> Model 3 owners wont pony up
Tesla called all their Model S reservation holders in 2008 and convinced a shitload of them to pay up in full right then. Before the car even existed.

>upgrade the supercharger network
Model 3 owners have to pay to use it. thats where the money comes from

>5 billion dollar cost to build the new battery plant
It's not like investors arent begging to suck his cock for shares.

I ask again, is there any non-retarded criticism or is it all repeated Fox News like a typical uneducated jackass would say?
>>
>>58054818
>the nvidia cuck tripfag also likes tesla
Do you just like to eat shit or something?
>>
>>58054798
I have friends that work at both Tesla and Solar City. They are really only skating by because of subsidies and federal tax incentives for green bullshit.

If Trump pulls those subsidies away it could seriously damage both the companies.
>>
>>58054834
why would I wan't tc?
>>
>>58054856
note the lack of brain activity or indication of conscious thought in this post.
>>
>>58054738
The Tesla Model S (performance version) goes 0-60 in 2.5s

That beats out every other car that isn't a formula 1.
>>
>>58054853
>Tesla called all their Model S reservation holders in 2008 and convinced a shitload of them to pay up in full right then. Before the car even existed.

The model S had significantly less reservations, and were at a higher cost($5K and $40K).

I'm not doubting a lot of those people will go through with it, but at the same time, there will be some measurable level of attrition from the 400K people who only put 1K down. Most people are fucky with their finances as it is. Again, the main problem is you are conflating projected revenue with actual revenue.

>Model 3 owners have to pay to use it. thats where the money comes from
No shit sherlock, that's not what I'm trying to say. Upgrading the network is going to take serious up front capital, and the network will have to be largely in place before 2018 when the cars stop shipping. That goes to the recent news where Tesla is going to start charging overage fees for continued parking at a charge station. Tesla has also repeatedly says they never plan to make money off the Supercharger network, just run it at net zero, so they won't exactly be pulling revenue from that.

>It's not like investors arent begging to suck his cock for shares.
Not with current government subsidies potentially on the chopping block after the election.

>I ask again, is there any non-retarded criticism or is it all repeated Fox News like a typical uneducated jackass would say?

Assume more faggot. I probably will buy a Tesla, once they get the network better managed and open more service stations, and I see how they fare post government cheese, but keep assuming my positions.
>>
File: literalynvidiathecar.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
literalynvidiathecar.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>58054885
>i like nvidia and telsa
housefires and car fires
>>
>>58054818
>>58054909
Thought you meant stock model s, didn't even know ludicrous version even existed.

Yes, it beats the lambo huracan in the 1/4 mile, but if the race was a little longer the lambo would smoke it

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/videos/a30937/tesla-model-s-p100-d-lamborghini-huracan/

Either way, i'm impressed
>>
>>58054770
>implying
My car has 186k kilometers in it.
>>
>>58054969
>tfw almost 280,000km
>>
>>58054909
Porsche 918 isn't F1. Neither is Bugatti Veyron.
It's also nowhere near the fastest because it tops out at 155mph, which is standard for luxury sedans. For example the Mercedes Benz E class can also do 155mph even with a lower end V6 engine.
>>
>>58054969
That's nothing. 440,000 miles on my car.
>>
>>58055007
>>58054993
>>58054969
>only recently passed 100k
fuck I have some time to go.
>>
The Tesla is a fine car and all, but based on my cell phone and laptop experiences those battery packs will be a BITCH in several years
>>
>>58055007
poorfag
>>
>>58054770
What the hell
None of my cars ever got trashed below 125000km

Even the first service message only pops up after 10k. If a car isn't built to make it up to 100k without major malfunctions, it's simply a shitty car.
>>
/o/ shills out in full force today
>>
>>58055002
still faster than the 918 0 - 60, and the veyron isn't in production
>>
Tesla Model S Super Southpark Shill Edition

>2016
>not still doing your own vehicle maintenance
>being a bitch nigga

haaaaaa
>>
>>58055069
No it's not, the 918 does 0-60 in 2.2 seconds, which last I checked is less than 2.5. Also, you failed to specify "currently in production". When you set up goals, don't move them after you're proven wrong. Set them at the correct spot to begin with so that you're correct.

Pretty annoying when every time you're proven wrong you just shift the goal posts and claim that you were right all along. No. It's not the fastest accelerating car outside of F1 (there is also LaFerrari btw, although that almost qualifies as F1) and it's certainly not the fastest car. It's a run of the mill luxury car that accelerates very quickly. Perhaps it is the fastest accelerating car currently in production, I don't know if they produce 918 Spyder anymore.
>>
>>58055014
Remember that at the end of the day. It's a car that goes a to b.

You need it to be comfortable, decently fuel efficient, have adequate ac, maybe great sounding speakers and a nice head unit. That's it. I don't need to be spending $50,000 on a car when a Camry can do it.

Only thing shit about Toyota is that they refuse to support Android auto
>>
>>58055007
>>58055204
lol how did I know it would be a fucking Toyota? I would have guessed Tundra though
>>
File: elonchild.jpg (77KB, 1200x897px) Image search: [Google]
elonchild.jpg
77KB, 1200x897px
she was a cute sh0ta back in the day
he was also bullied
>>
>>58055221
Ur the anon with the 400k car ?

No surprised to me that a pick up last that long.

My father's 93 Toyota Pickup has 600,000 miles -- he is a mechanic.
>>
>>58054818
lots of cars do or did actually

check the 1/4 mile times

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars_by_acceleration
>>
>>58055193

>>58054523
>>-fastest car of all cars in production right now

im not >>58054523 but literally in the post originally being debunked
>>
>>58055296
My Grandfather was a cab driver for some time, he got well over 1.4 million km.
Back in those days, Mercedes gifted a pin for owners that drove 500k and 1M km. This tradition kind saddingly died when the cars started to get more and more vulnerable.
>>
>>58055341
Notice how it's missing the word "accelerating"? That's talking about top speed.
>>
>>58053782
>comparing based businessman Jobs to Elon Cuck who thinks he's on a crusade to make the world better by making people use their shitty products
Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>58055355
Holy fuck ever got a picture of it ? I'm.sure the answer is no but I'm curious.
>>
>>58054789
Some human retard crashed into my roommate's parked car, fucked the entire rear side panel and the rear bumper. At least if a Tesla bumps into a parked car it does it at 2MPH where no damage is done.

I'll take the shittiest autopilot over a drunken retard every single day of the year.
>>
>>58054732
>>manufacturing is subsidised
and why should it be? High tech research should be subsidised.

If a company can't make shit competitively, why should it get given money? That isn't capitalism.
>>
>>58055419
Unfortunately not, this was in th 70s.
>>
>>58053631
>luxury cars
not even once
>>
>>58054253
>>58053782
Isn't the government throwing money at oil, coal, wind, etc?

Should the government not invest in energy security? As well as jobs for American people? Tesla is more American than other American companies like GM/Ford/Walmart/etc.

Shouldn't republicans/conservatards be supporting Tesla to succeed and have an American company lead the world?
>>
>replacing physical controls with a touchscreen

This is the worst car meme
>>
>>58054523
Quickest production car, not fastest

A car that does 0-60 in <3s is quick, but teslas are not fast (in terms of top speed) when you take into account they weigh 2 tonnes
>>
>>58055649
Everyone's supporting only who donates for them.
Tesla is relatively new, it just isn't established that well yet.
>>
>>58055597
>being poor
lol
>>
File: laughing-sluts.jpg (66KB, 848x424px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-sluts.jpg
66KB, 848x424px
>there are people reserving model 3s who think they're going to get their car before 2019
>there are people reserving model 3s who think they're going to get full autonomy
>there are people reserving model 3s who think the car's only going to cost 35k
>>
>>58054853
>Non retarded criticism
Okay!
Loses range in the cold
Batteries get ruined if you quick charge them
Loses range after a few years of use
7k DLC battery lmao
Inconsistent build quality on some models, which is expected from a young small scale car manufacturer.

For less objective criticism, the fans are obnoxious, and it's reinforcing mouthbreathers calling for an ICE vehicle ban. Also, Musk should learn to shut up when he doesn't know what he's talking about, like everybody else who acts like they're an authority in many things because they're good at one thing.
>>
>>58055707
>Oil companies/coal companies donating to 4chan anons
kek

More like the retarded conservacucks bought into the "Tesla is anti-American and leeching off of government" bullshit nonsense published by russian funded blog/fake news sites just so Tesla/SpaceX fails.
>>
>>58055193
Not the person you were originally replying to, but the model s is a daily driver which you can take to the shops to buy groceries, not some $800k supercar which you need to wait for 10 minutes for it to warm up before taking off, let alone looking like a fuckwad struggling to put two bags of groceries in it
>>
>proprietary parts
>proprietary software
>made from worthless company
I'll avoid that cancer for as long as I can
>>
File: car.jpg (394KB, 576x764px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
394KB, 576x764px
>>58055829
>>
>>58055868
nice meme
>>
http://www.leftlanenews.com/greek-taxi-driver-hits-1-million-kilometers-with-2003-mercedes-e-class.html

Now THIS is impressive mileage.

>According to Mercedes' Classic Center the man who put the most miles on a Mercedes is Gregorios Sachinidis, also a Greek taxi driver. From 1981 to 2004 he logged an intergalactic 2.8 million miles on his 1976 w114 240D before donating it to the Mercedes-Benz museum in exchange for a new C200 CDI.
>>
The lug nuts are retarded.
>>
>>58055876
>donating it to the Mercedes-Benz museum in exchange for a new C200 CDI
>donating
>in exchange for a new car
That is not donating
>>
>>58054770
This has to be bait.
>>
>>58053631
>calls a flat bed everytime is car spaz out.
>>
>>58055924
You don't say
>>
>>58055921
maybe in greece, it is.
>>
>>58055810
Or it might have to do with the fact Musks companies can't turn a profit, and the only reason he is still afloat is government contracts, grants, and subsidies.
>>
Tesla's have pretty shit build quality, especially for the price.
Interior looks like it belongs on one a <$10k car.
>>
>>58053631
>tfw your ECU controls only timing + TBI

The only computer in my car.
I could probably replace it with an arduino if I had to.
>>
Isn't it a little funny that the face of electric cars is an American company?

You'd think Euros would have stepped up to the plate since not only is their gas stupidly expensive but everything is closer together so the range limit isn't as bad.
>>
>>58056269
>expecting euros to actually innovate anything
It's hard for change and innovation to happen when you're cucked by the state.
>>
>>58056269
They're on it.

>the range limit isn't as bad.
Doesn't matter if you car runs 100 or 500km. If you can't load it at home you're always limited.
Europe is a very densely populated area. And those places that really are close together lack space for loading at home (i.e. own garages). You're always dependent on public loading spaces.
Those areas that have space for home loading however need higher ranges for their cars.
>everything is closer together
That's actually a reason for not upgrading for most. Cars don't have that much of importance for the generation of early adopters, because we can go everywhere by different means.
Electro mobility is also very strong in the public transportation sector.
>is their gas stupidly expensive
So is electricity.
Fortunately for Europeans, the alternative for avoiding high gas prices isn't going electric but taking the bus, see above.

That's a well known problem that is giving public producers a hard time.
>>
>>58055868
Geoff never caught on fire. He had a problem with expelling waste gases but that was fixed quickly.
>>
>>58056410
>tfw the yuropoor meme is real
>>
File: this defeats the tesla.jpg (329KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
this defeats the tesla.jpg
329KB, 1024x680px
just like every other american car the tesla continues the tradition of not being able to turn
>>
>>58056431
but muh 0-60
>>
>>58056296
that's sadly true - to some extent.
There is innovation, but it is not cultured. What is cultured instead is the simulation of innovation. Our politicians are mostly shit.
>oh something new
>let's regulate it to death so it's not a real competition for the existing companies

>>58056430
what?
>>
>>58053631
>open source
>is a piece of shit
no surprises there
>>
>>58056431
piss off clarkson
>>
>>58054834
My 94 integra has 1st GEN abs and no abs
>ibn4 more torque than a honda
>>
>>58054834
>bragging about traction control

why not just...learn how to drive
>>
All the retards in this thread have apparently never heard of Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge

Literally less reliable than telsa and they don't even have the excuse of being new
>>
>>58053995
This would be true, if apple made some of the fastest computers on the planet.

You know, 500kw+, AWD, beating GTRs off the line.

It'd be like a macbook running a 6700T
>>
>>58054834
>I need the car to brake for me because I don't do a good job
>I need Tyrone to fuck my wife because I don't do a good job
white "men" in the year 2016
>>
>>58054834
Do you even realize how shit house most traction control systems are? I remember reading about an independent test done with some average run around cars like 2015 cross overs and hatch backs, all <$30k cars. Not a single one of them besides a subaru could successfully avoid an obstacle in an emergency, many the traction control would fail to operate at all allowing the car to over steer or others would spaz out and prevent the car from turning at all.
>>
>>58055815
It's an electric car vs an electric car with a supercar engine, and the electric car with an engine STILL accelerates faster
>>
I could afford a Tesla but I went with a 2017 Mazda CX-3.

Shit is comfy as hell and I don't have to worry about any issues.

I live in LA and unless you're rolling in the top of a line Rolls Royce or Maserati you aren't impressing anyone.
>>
>Bought vehicle that runs on explosions
>several electrical problems happen, transmission breaks
>put engine in welded steel frame to create 100hp gokart
Tesla btfo
>>
Does anyone know what kind of voice control technology Tesla implements?
>>
>>58055221
Based Toyota.

My Corolla (Canadian built) is sitting at 230,000km and basically fuck all has gone wrong with it. Seems that if you can change the oil twice a year and follow the "scheduled" maintenance (aka do it 50,000km later than the book says) you're golden.
>>
>>58056637
>fucking my wife is equivalent to stopping in an emergency
Explains a lot about your life actually.
>>
>>58053631
Do Teslas have real torque vectoring or the shitty fake torque vectoring by braking
>>
>>58053631
fuck technigger, he is a living meme.
>>
>>58054785
soros channels a lot of shekels through a network of nonprofits and other shit iirc

and that funds a lot of those activist organisations in the US and abroad
>>
>>58056943

But why
>>
>>58054818
Who gives a fuck about 1/4 mile. Tell me when it can atucally make a proper lap of the Nurburgring
>>
>>58054770
5800 miles is less than a years' driving for someone who isn't a NEET or inner-city commie faggot
>>
>>58054769
you don't train NNs by placing human lives in their hands senpai
>>
>>58053631
>Power steering
>Not always doing a power steering delete
Technigger knows nothing.
>>
>>58054853
>Tesla called all their Model S reservation holders in 2008 and convinced a shitload of them to pay up in full right then
not hard when most were probably rich celebrity types or cashed up kids in silicon valley
>>
>>58057011
>literally press delete to delete power steering
>>
>>58057011
Do teslas even have steering rods?
>>
>>58054039
>>58054056
>>58054061
>Nissan Leaf
Did someone say "less power than a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid"?

>VW UPe
Did someone say "My coworkers laugh at how me and my recently stay-at-home wife let Muhammad and his brothers of Islam stay at my house"?
>>
>>58054947
>>>58056943
>car fires
at any moment, an gas car contains enough fuel to burn down a suburb.
>>
>>58057001
>inner-city commie faggot
well said
>>
>>58055504
>High tech research should be subsidised.
It is, just it's usually not funded directly by government.

VC funds and the huge pensions funds and shit that invest in them are subsidising a lot of high-tech research and a jobs program for CS grads (most companies they fund fail after all, but the occasional big success keeps gamblers coming back to the table)
>>
>>58057086
So does a single match have you not talked to Smokey?
>>
>>58053631
I have no mouth and yet just scream
>>
>>58053631
Where do you take your car when this shit happens? like if my car fucks up there's like 9 auto repair shops within a 20mi radius

Can they handle the extreme lack of everything in a tesla or am i effectively fucked\i have to send this to a nearest tesla dealer (which i guess in commiefornia, that's cool, but not in literally 90% of america)
>>
>>58057278
I can't imagine what the fusebox must look like
>>
>>58054732
>same way those riots were funded
Go ahead...
Say the name...
;)
>>
>>58053648
hows your engine get its gas?
>>
>>58057534
>what is a carburetor
>>
>>58054039
I am gonna bet on the Japanese when it comes to cars.

They deliver unlike Elon Musk.
>>
>>58056269
>>58056296
>>58056410
Trump is gonna make Anime Real.

Japan is shilling Hydrogen Hard.

Go look at their 2020 Japanese Olympics Promo.

It features Hydrogen.

Sorry but Hydrogen Cars are the future.

Your electric car batteries are a pain in the ass to dispose of compared to regular car engines in the first place.
>>
The worst thing about Elon Musk is people pretend he is an expert about everything.

This is because Steve Jobs would go Ballstic if you dared ask him a retarded questions like if the Universe was a Stimulation.

No wonder why Reddit loves Elon Musk. It is because unlike Jobs, Elon Musk wouldn't cuss them out with their retarded questions.

Elon Musk isn't a real industrialist.

I rather have Toyota America's CEO talking about future cars than a hack like Elon Musk.
>>
>>58057001

So what? Are you gonna use the same car for two years? Was that your plan? Idiot.
>>
>>58057086
>can throw a lit cigarette in the tank and nothing will happen
diesel masterrace
>>
>>58057659
how does the carburetor get the fuel into it fagt
>>
>>58053807
>Yet they manage to get cars working about as often as other manufacturers.

sure they do, http://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/
>>
>>58054198

Are we calling powersteering "drive-by-wire" now?
>>
Can someone tell me how the fuck this man can afford that car?
He just hosted a vid where he tries to shill a $200 clock. Saying he'll probably buy multiple.

Is Youtube that Goddamn lucrative?
>>
>>58057975
shills that manage to build a fanbase of retards like that are very lucrative, much more than pure entertainment based Youtubers due to the added fluff shilling gets you which is a fuckton
>>
>>58057975
people wondered how he was able to buy a $50000 (?) Red camera a year or two ago, these things don't fall from the sky either
>>
>>58056625
Teslas aren't fast, they are very quick of the line and that's it.

The weight and the overheating problems kill it unless the only thing you're doing is a quarter mile
>>
>>58053631
The issue is not "high tech cars"

Just american cars being unreliable trash as always.
>>
>>58054078

Where do you get free electricity, faggot?

Inb4 memepanels
>>
>>58058170
i don't get why he bought a red instead of a sony fs5
>>
File: 1470487547620.jpg (24KB, 348x288px) Image search: [Google]
1470487547620.jpg
24KB, 348x288px
>>58058258

Jesus ford
>>
>>58054078
> why not buy the strongest variant then?
> how often do you have to replace the full battery assembly? 3 yrs? 5 yrs? is there an estimated cost?

> 0 gas
Well, fucking duh.
Check your electricity bill.
>>
>>58055597
>Tesla
>luxury

The interior looks like its from some van. A Transit has a better interior.
>>
>>58058592
>>58058258
Ford's problem is not reliability, but the lack of quality assurance and service.

> there is NO Ford dealership or service that can repair their cars
> either it's engine or bodywork, you get fucked.
> if it's engine, they just "try and pray", replace random parts and hope the problem or the customer goes away
> it it's bodywork, they just rip open parts, tearing off everything in their way - saw a Mondeo's glovebox getting wrecked, a guy breaking a taillight, etc.

> checked out new Mondeo, Galaxy, Mustang models in the showroom
> every panel has different spacing, they all fitted different, there is just no precision to be found whatsoever

I have seen true horror.
Problem is that if I check online reviews and stories, they tell the same just about any brand.
So what the fuck are you supposed to buy or use anyway? 20 year old cars for how long?
>>
>>58053648
If that's what you think then you are seriously stupid.
>>
>>58056150
Its called long term investment.

hurr durr why can't tesla/amazon turn profit? REEE THEY FAIL AS COMPANY REEEEE
>>
>>58058629
> inb4 lies

> had MK7 Transit
> took it to every service (no exaggeration, I really did) in my country
> all dat advertisement in the hallway "we are experts" and shit
> they didn't even have basic tools for an older van

> bought new Transit vans
> bring in Connect because it takes 1 hour to heat up (!)
> "Sir, we have no error code so we can't do anything."
> job well done

> bring in Transit because "ENGINE SERVICE NOW"
> van goes into limp mode once messages comes on
> "Sir, no error code, can't do anything"

top fucking lol.
we think about buying some religious items to hang up in the vans to protect them.
>>
>>58053900
>He's using it wrong
>>
>>58058258
>audi
>reliable
wat
>>
>>58058689
I also did this mistake, but check the image.
"Average". So like AUDI sucks / unreliable, but not much changed, it kept being shitty.

Ford however went downhill, from being "more reliable" to fucking shit.
(And others.)
>>
Elon Musk is literally Steve Jobs 2.0. He isn't creative, just a figurehead and an investor.
>>
File: Tesla userbase.jpg (25KB, 480x340px) Image search: [Google]
Tesla userbase.jpg
25KB, 480x340px
>>
File: tesla-car-charger.jpg (22KB, 668x256px) Image search: [Google]
tesla-car-charger.jpg
22KB, 668x256px
>>58059071
So you agree coal is bad?
>>
Tesla is a car for people who do not like cars.
>>
>>58059071
you know there are different energy providers you dumb americuck
pick one that produces green energy, faggot
>>
File: 1482063276649.jpg (50KB, 480x340px) Image search: [Google]
1482063276649.jpg
50KB, 480x340px
>>58059071
>>
>>58059837
kek
>>
>>58059717
You're probably still getting coal energy though, that's just how the electrical grid works.
>>
> brown people trying to drive white people cars
>>
>>58055692
Don't forget shit range and a simple update could brick the entire car.

No aftermarket = shit
Shit = apple
>>
>>58059952
If you're paying for pure green energy, you can't be cucked like that.
>>
>>58058258
Gm fag here.

The Ford meme is true their cars are so fucking unreliable even the brand new genuine and aftermarket 1st party parts break leaving you having to fix the same problem a dozen times due to shit design from the start.

Mostly brakes and electronics
>>
>>58057874
With a fuel pump.
>>
>>58059837
>too nigger to use nuclear
>>
File: ClHQmwtVYAATREk.jpg (129KB, 1200x1082px) Image search: [Google]
ClHQmwtVYAATREk.jpg
129KB, 1200x1082px
>>58059071

I wonder how many emissions are produced by all the cars in the world compared to coal fired power plants.
>>
>>58054523

>Stopped USA dependence on Russian rockets

kek. Daily reminder USA uses modified soyuz rockets
>>
>>58060654
Modified designs or modified Russia-made rockets? Quite a bit of a difference there.
>>
>>58054107
>skipped first year
I dont think you know what preemptive maintenance is
>>
>he bought an american car
AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>58054818
t. fag who knows nothing about cars
>>
>>58060501
>Paying a shit ton for bird killing mirrors and bird choppers that are less reliable.
>>
>>58054818
No shit, electric motors are capable of full torque at 0RPM, it's the same reason trains are diesel-electric instead of just using an engine
>>
>>58060899
>bird killing mirrors
They already fly into my windows all the time, it's not like this problem is unique to green energy.
>>
>>58053631
>Tesla
>high tech
How so?
>>
>>58054039
Faraday Future
>>
>>58059952
even IF I'm still getting energy from coal out of the grid (which is unlikely because the major provider in my city already switched to 100% renewable energy sources) I still pay the company for renewable energy
all the energy they produce is in the grid and I paid for my share
means all the money the whole energy sector gets out of me is only for renewable energy
>>
>>58061149
It doesn't matter were your money's going, if you're gaining electricity from a coal plant you're still transferring the emissions from your exhaust to the smoke stacks at the plant.
>>
>>58060941
Do your windows grill the shit out of them?
>>
>>58061191
No.
>>
>ctrl +f
>no "steal
shameful
>>
>>58061281
You can't possibly be this retarded.
>>
>>58054523
Eat shit, libtard.
>>
>>58053648
64 Mustang with an MSI box and that's it.
>>
>>58061008
Because it's an electric car, and has Elon Musk involved, so it must be high tech, as everything Musk touches is extreme high tech and invented by Musk
>>
>>58054165
This. I had a recall because the keys would turn to off then fall out of the ignition when hitting a large bump. People with 10lb keychains I guess, never got the work done
>>
>>58053648
>all it does is control my ignition
it does way more than that
>>
>>58054909
>>58054818
Accelerating faster doesn't mean shit. Over a short race it's possible for a human to beat a car yet no human is capable of running at 258mph. The Model S and every other car with a Tesla badge are far from the fastest cars in production, and I'm only counting street legal cars.
>>
>>58061290
>>58061191
idiot, by that logic another customer on the same grid is just not transferring the emissions from his exhaust to the smoke stacks at a coal plant eventhough he's not paying for green energy
there are flaws in your illogical reasoning
first understand how a power grid works, then come back
>>
>>58059071
Even the most polluting power station is more efficient than the average car engine.

Also, at least the pollution would be produced in the middle of nowhere, instead of breathing that shit every you go for a walk.
>>
>>58061386
>The Model S and every other car with a Tesla badge are far from the fastest cars in production, and I'm only counting street legal cars.
couldn't make it half a lap around nurburgring its slow as shit and overheated 6 miles into the race
>>
>>58053631
What's wrong with people these days?
This nu-male couldn't even drive his car to the dealership when the only problem with it is the power steering?
wtf bruh
>>
>>58061415
this
I don't know about americunts power plants but in europe coal is very clean*, they use some of the most fucking expensive and advanced filtering there is, the worst thing they probably produce is steam

*still burning coal
>>
>>58061423
retards who aren't car people at all attempt to be "car people" and they don't know shit about their cars let alone how to maintain them
>>
>>58061453
>Eurobeat intensifies
>>
>>58061386
The problem here is people using the term "fastest" and arguing about whether or not that means acceleration, top speed, or both. It's just silly.

I think acceleration maters much more from a practical standpoint. I will likely never drive more than 90 mph, so having the top speed limited at 155 isn't an issue for me in practical terms. Fast acceleration, though, can be quite useful even in daily legal driving, such as when turning out into traffic.
>>
>>58061453
Yeah but calling a tow trailer isn't cheap.
The power steering not working is not enough of a problem to not be able to drive your car.
It's just common sense.
>>
>>58061466
>I think acceleration maters much more from a practical standpoint. I will likely never drive more than 90 mph, so having the top speed limited at 155 isn't an issue for me in practical terms. Fast acceleration, though, can be quite useful even in daily legal driving, such as when turning out into traffic.
jesus christ you're such a busrider

there are many elements that go into making a car accelerate quickly vs their top speed or performance. Hell a good suspension set up is key to keeping the tires in contact with the ground so they you maintain traction and thus can accelerate and hold control in turns, corners and chicanes without losing the balance of the car. Its why big cars like the Ford Mustang GT are shit in everything but a straight line.

Acceleration is maximized when you drive at your torque peak, how do you get lots of torque? having a lot of engine power, a good differential, transmission, tires, suspension and loads of other factors. This is why CVT transmissions are good because you can constantly drive at your power or torque peak so your acceleration is maximized.
>>
>>58053754
Musk is a snake oil salesman who specializes in getting grant money and subsidies from the government.
>>
>>58061391
>by that logic another customer on the same grid is just not transferring the emissions from his exhaust to the smoke stacks at a coal plant eventhough he's not paying for green energy
Except you're fucking dumb and your example makes no sense. Eat a dick.

>>58061466
If you say fastest I'm going to assume you meant speed. I'm sure most would agree. I'm not arguing whether acceleration or top speed is more important, I'm just pointing out that Teslas aren't even comparable to actual fast cars.
>>
>>58061544
>Except you're fucking dumb and your example makes no sense. Eat a dick.
No you?
Nice comeback, 12yo. How about you think for a second about the shit you are spilling.
>>
>>58061512
>maintain traction and thus can accelerate and hold control in turns, corners and chicanes

Literally irrelevant 99% of the time unless you drive like a stoned chav.
>>
>>58061481

If you have enough money for a Tesla then you should at least have enough money to tow and maintain your electric appliance on wheels.
>>
>>58061584
That does not mean you should throw that money away at something that is completely unnecessary.
>>
>>58061562
I'd need to be spewing shit to think about the shit I'm spewing. And you're really going to make fun of my comeback? You started out by calling me an idiot only to continue on with a post that made no sense. What the fuck am I supposed to reply with?
>>
>>58061579
>turning is irrelevant, I never turn, suspensions don't matter, my tires don't matter I always drive in a straight line
>>
>>58054523
dumbass nigger

The car accelerates fast but it tops out early and is beaten in long distance.

Acceleration is more noticeable than top speed for the average consumer who only drives at <90mph anyway though
>>
>>58061598
>buying a Tesla
>>
>>58061653
How much does the one that he drives cost?
>>
>>58061618
If you don't drive over the recommended or legal speed limit, it's irrelevant. Literally the shittiest car money can buy nowadays will turn just fine in most situations.

You measure a street car suspension by its comfort, not by its performance.
>>
>>58061668
somewhere between 68k and 73k
>>
>>58055649
Oh and they created the carbon tax for the rich to have excuse to continue their lifestyle while we suffer the false claim of global warming
>>
>power steering issue in normal car
>welp, better get it fixed

>power steering issue in tesla
>OMG WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY A TESLA, JUNK, KEK SOMETHING SOMETHING APPLE OF CARS

- /g/
>>
>>58061673
Ehh it not that bad
>>
>>58061676
>the false claim of global warming

Be retarded somewhere else Anon, like >>>/pol/ for example.
>>
>>58061668
KFCHD's? It's a P100D so around $140k.
>>
>>58061686
I didn't realize Al Gore surfs /g/
>>
File: google-self-driving-car[1].jpg (24KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
google-self-driving-car[1].jpg
24KB, 620x350px
Will self driving cars ever become affordable?

The biggest huddle will probably be getting enough mechanics who can diagnose and fix them...
>>
>>58053631
>debugging mode:enabled
>bool: at_red_light = true
>step through
>"ERRRRRZZZZHT! BGGHHH! CRASH!"
Oh shit niggy
>>
>>58061704
Insurances will make them cheaper than regular cars.
>>
>>58061686
>oh noes my safe space against refuting popular claims has been broken

That's why you'll never achieve anything in your life, you just take shit without question like a little cum slut
>>
>>58061704
The biggest huddle will be them eventually breaking and killing people.
They will not take off or even be legal in many countries in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>58061670
No it is 100% relevant, you magically think that your car doesn't experience extreme forces in a turn at 30 miles an hour? You think your suspension just doesn't have anything to do with how your car performs in a turn? You think that over steer or under steer doesn't exist in consumer cars at regulation speeds? You're out of your element if you think that none of these things have been tested excruciatingly. Please come back and tell me how your old shit box handles because you spun out on a road going the speed limit in a turn because your suspension was shit and your car's body experienced rolling which upset your center of gravity causing sever oversteer.

>you measure by its comfort not performance
a suspension too loose will cause the body of the car to roll more frequently than a stiffer one. A stiffer spring rate will stop the car from rolling but lose stability on uneven roads or surfaces. A suspension that is too loose will lose traction more often when going over pot holes because it won't react quickly enough to acquire traction again. If your camber isn't good enough you can lose traction on even the lightest of turns. If your toe isn't in enough you can lose control even still.

You are fucking retarded and know nothing about your car, stick to riding the bus with your uninformed shit
>>
>>58053648
>now I just sit in silence
>>
>>58061682
its the fact that he has so few miles on it and the power steering took a dump. Something like the power steering or the power steering pump is something thats NOT supposed to die early on in the car's life time
>>
>>58061704
self driving cars will never become widespread because it shifts responsibility to the manufacturer.
>>
>>58061740
>power steering pump
pretty sure there's no power steering pump

most new cars (and especially electric cars) use an electric power steering rack
>>
File: Read a book.jpg (58KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
Read a book.jpg
58KB, 566x480px
>>58061723
>I am so superior and intelligent denying irrefutable scientific facts because muh redpilled bros told me so
>>
>>58061704
I get the feeling the average pleb will probably just not own one at all but instead use a ride sharing service to get themselves somewhere.

The self-driving car meme is basically just taking a car and turning them inefficient trains or buses. Stupid lame idea but it's at least safe I guess.
>>
>>58061758
Your power steering is regulated by a hydraulic pump, its what allows you to turn the wheel of a car that weighs so much.

Even then your power steering shouldn't be shitting the bed so early in the car's life.
>>
>>58061785
Reread his post. He's not saying power steering no long exists, he's saying it's not hydraulic anymore.
>>
>>58061785
>Your power steering is regulated by a hydraulic pump, its what allows you to turn the wheel of a car that weighs so much.
not on newer cars, they literally use electric steering

even my 2003 city car hatchback doesn't have hydraulic steering

also, not the same autist as the other autist
>>
>>58061704
They'll probably require a checkup at regular mile or runtime hour intervals similar to aircraft.
>>
>>58061760
Well, Einstein didn't become who he is by just agreeing that's how things are, neither did Nikola Tesla, or Copernicus.

Simply laughing at someone who wants to question why the things are the way they are instead of explaining it to them just shows your stupidity. You don't have to agree, but at least provide the reason for it ffs.
>>
File: usRocketExplosions.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
usRocketExplosions.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>58053754
>>58053782

>made paypal
>investments led to electric cars that are actually usable
>dropping cost to orbit
>meme

The jealous is funny.
>>
>>58061801
>>58061800
regardless the power steering shouldn't be taking a dump after 5800 miles
>>
>>58054523
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABic0vQtgwc
>>
>>58061834
I agree, I'm just being a pedantic asshole
>>
>>58061834
At least 5800 miles is longer than the 5 days it took for the power steering to fail the first time :^)
>>
>>58061857
>>58061848
does the car have a direct connection to the steering column so you can at least drive it without power steering or have manufacturers become so retarded that without power steering the car won't turn?
>>
>>58054523
lol

once it can complete on lap of the Nürburgring, you can start talking about performance
>>
>>58061305
>buying vintage gayming shit
>>
>>58061871
The tesla still has a steering shaft, I think

But Infinity is working on a completely drive by wire system in their newer cars. So the next generation will probably not have a steering shaft at all.
>>
>>58061871
The only vehicles I know of where the steering column doesn't actually connect to the wheels are some semis
>>
>>58061891
>>58061895
>oh my power steering took a shit
>now I can't drive this perfectly working car because the manufacturer removed the manual ability to operate it by forcing me to be dependent on what was once an aide
>>
>>58061816
>einstein
He has been proven wrong 1000 times over
>>
>>58061925
source: my ass
>>
>>58061922
don't forget that most new cars have throttle by wire, so if that connection goes you can't drive either
>>
>>58061613
made no sense?
haha nice try
if the argument is going that way you can only expect insults
read my posts again and really try to understand them please
you can't be serious that they make no sense
use your little brain for a start holy shit

and you called me retarded to begin with, idiot
>>
>>58061939
>your car won't even deliver gas to the engine because the pedal's hydraulic system is completely removed from the fuel pump
just end it now. Cars are becoming less and less reliable in exchange for laziness
>>
>>58061945
Look, you little twat, all I'm asking you to do is retype the post so that it's understandable. If you're incapable of such a daunting task then please refrain from posting.
>>
>>58061816
The difference is that Einstein, Nikola Tesla or Copernicus where geniuses who were able to increase and correct humankind's knowledge by their observations and theories, which explained reality more accurately than the previous ones and thus prevailed.

You probably have never read a scientific paper in your entire life and just repeat what other illiterates have told you to believe because you feel special having a opinion opposed to the social norm.

Seriously, read a book.
>>
>>58061984
no u

#######REKT
>>
>>58061729
>he is scared of some oversteer

Do you even drive?

Also body roll isn’t inherently bad, modern cars might have very little body roll, but rely too much on electric nannies to even stay on the road.
>>
>Having to get your car towed because the power steering went out

Now, I'm not the most noodley armed guy out there, but I'm far from in shape and I managed to drive without power steering for months. Sure it's a lot harder if you're going slowly, but does it really justify the additional ~$200 to tow?
>>
Why would I want a shitty botnet car that you can't even work on yourself?
>>
>>58062014
>body roll isn't bad
>just fuck my center of gravity up senpai.
>rely too much on electric nannies
you mean the spring rate that holds your body stiff?
>>
>>58062026
>wanting to work on your own car
why

>oh boy can't wait to get home and tinker with my microwave!
this is you
>>
>>58061871
Brake by wire it's 100% illegal in most countries for good reasons and I'd be surprised if mechanical steering wasn't mandatory too.
>>
>>58053631
My first car had no power steering, at all and was 2450kg. To make steering when parking you had to use about 30 kg of force. The gearbox was hard to use because the way that that the gears moved was not straight because it was originally intended for way bus that have like twice as long gear stick.

Normal car you go to first - left, up that is. My first car - left, up, slightly right. Second gear was the same but you have to move slightly to the left. Third was like first, and forth was like second. Reverse was the shitiest one I cant even describe the motion needed. Every gear change was like 5 motions, not counting the pedals. Not to mention how had it was because of the short gear stick - make a lever 2.5 times shorter - you have to use 2.5 times more force.

Somehow this nig can't drive because he can't move the steering wheel with 2 fingers.
>>
>>58061833
>>investments led to electric cars
>made a car running on batteries made by strip mining that is powered by the same forms of energy
and? they look cool and come with the botnet, whoopdido
>>
>>58062042
>why
to fix simple shit thats wrong with the car

do you seriously not know how to do simple maintenance or fix simple problems like your headlights, oil, brakes, rotors, tire rods, or any of that stuff that takes a few wrenches?

>I can't wait to get home to a broken [thing] only to have a service man come and fix it because I'm an incompetent retard

Do you not do your own computer fixes too?
>>
>>58062044
It might not be but it really should be. Being able to push a car out of the road when it's disabled is useful.
>>
>>58061971
Look, you little brainlet. If it made no sense to you doesn't mean it made no sense at all. It just means that you are too dumb to understand.
look, just scroll up and read it again
please just try and stop trolling around
>>
>>58062073
>inb4 emergency brake by wire
>>
>>58062042
>wanting to work on your own computer
why
>oh boy can't wait to get home and install my new GPU!
This is you. Now back to >>>/r/eddit
>>
>>58062089
that's already a thing
electronic parking brakes
>>
>>58062042
>wanting to fuck my own wife
why

This is you.
>>
File: aussie.png (9KB, 258x324px) Image search: [Google]
aussie.png
9KB, 258x324px
>>58062098
this is some retard level design theories

>battery dies
>car's emergency fails on a hill
>car rolls down mountain
>>
>>58062097
so you tinker with your microwave?
>>
>>58062070
please, you're arguing with neo-/g/
they don't even make the call for the repair man themselves, their parents do that
>>
>>58059085
>strip mining of rare earth metals
>unstable
>unreliable
fossil fuels are the original solar powered energy, be a better hipster
>>
>>58062083
I'm not trolling and I'm far from stupid. I'm perfectly capable of reading. Piecing together the stupid things stupid people type and figuring out what window lickers like you meant is a different story.
>>
>>58062114
>why fix your own shit? get someone else to do it
>why fuck your own wife? get someone else to do it
>>
>>58062111
I'm pretty sure it doesn't need a constant flow of energy to keep the car still. Just to switch whether the brake its active or not.
>>
>>58062113
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>58062149
you're not answering my question
>>
>>58062155
I don't care to play along with your shitty sense of humor
>>
>>58062122
>"""IF""" you're gaining electricity from a coal plant you're still transferring the emissions from your exhaust to the smoke stacks at the plant
bear in mind my former post
>the major provider in my city already switched to 100% renewable energy sources
=> (this arrow means the following is a conclusion lead to by the former statements)
>by that logic another customer on the same grid is just NOT transferring the emissions from his electric car's exhaust to the smoke stacks at a coal plant eventhough he's NOT paying for green energy

what is there not to understand please tell me and I rewrite that part
yes, english is not my first language, but there are no complicated sentences in this argument as far as I can see
>>
>>58062207
because deep down you know you can't win this
if you tinker with your car, why not tinker with your microwave?
or your fridge?

they're all appliances.
>>
File: tmp_6476-autox_71-179287462.jpg (42KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6476-autox_71-179287462.jpg
42KB, 480x360px
>>58062037

Depending on the suspension setup, a car with some body roll can turn in better in sharp corners.

Some new cars are undrivable when completely turning off traction, or stability control. Electrical aids are designed into cars from the start.
>>
>>58062281
>tinker
not tinker
fix the stuff that's broken
that's the difference
that's why he calls your shit shitty sense of humor
get the wording right and people will take you seriously in the future
>>
>>58062281
You should be able to tinker with your microwave

but there's almost no benefit to doing so, I literally can not think of a single practical modification on the top of my head...
>>
>>58062329
>fix the stuff that's broken
take it to the service center, you mong

why bother with it when you can get professionals to do it for you
>>
>>58062223
I asked you to rewrite the post in English, not break it down like I'm a retard. Try again.
>>
>>58062332
>but there's almost no benefit to doing so
>implying there's any benefits to doing this to your car
>OH MAN I GOT TO WORK 1 MINUTE EARLIER TODAY
>TOTES WORTH THE 43 HOURS I SPENT
>>
>>58062333
that's the entire point
if you can't do it yourself and instead you have to get a "professional" to do it you are a fucking cuckold

just shows you were a troll to begin with
back to >>>/b/ or >>>/s4s/
>>
>>58062354
why should I have to bother, when I can do better things with my time, like shitpost on /g/
>>
>>58062281
>>58062281
Cars actually have shit to tinker with. I' mean sure microwaves have magnetrons so I have popped a few open but you just harvest those, not really much tinkering. Your shit analogy can be said for computers too yet here you are on a technology board. Get the fuck out of here and please fight all urges to come back. Use lethal force if you have to.
>>
>>58062332
maybe because the metaphor is bad and comparing a microwave to your car isn't a good idea
>>
>>58062371
>Your shit analogy can be said for computers
which is why I own a Mac

it just works

and if it doesn't I can take it to the Genius bar and let the professionals there take care of it
>>
>>58062373
they're both appliances

do you also find it silly to compare a fridge and a microwave?
>>
>>58062386
0/10, next time try harder
>>
>>58062386
>let the professionals there take care of it
>just replace it instead of repairing it or figure out why it broke in the first place

Like most car mechanics desu.
>>
>>58062414
>I got helplessly BTFO'd
>I know, I'll call him a troll
>>
>>58062409
one is actually serviceable the other isn't
>>
File: O2_Wireing2[1].jpg (22KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
O2_Wireing2[1].jpg
22KB, 600x450px
>>58062346
That's a terribly retarded example and you should feel bad

A better one would be modifying o2 sensor output to get past state inspection in cucked states
>>
>>58062452
why would you ever need to do that
>>
>>58062409
Then a computer, hamer, house, shoe, shirt, pen, any type of electrical circuit are all appliances too and trying to modify any of them are all illogical and a waste of time.
>>
>>58062472
>trying to modify any of them are all illogical and a waste of time.
I'm glad you agree with me
>>
>>58062462
bad catalytic converters, expensive and difficult to replace
>>
>>58062484
just sell that car and get a new one lol
>>
>>58062484
>I'll be a nigger and give everyone else lung cancer because I'm so cheap I can't afford proper maintenance to my car.
>>
2002 mitsubishi galant sitting at over 250,000 km and its showing no signs of stopping there
>>
>>58062538
poorfag detected
>>
>>58062518
:^)
>>
>>58062425
Whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>58055014
I'm not poor, I just like the car and have taken it to several continents.
>>58055221
Not a Toyota. The 440k is on an NL Montero.
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.