[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 48

File: 1465114447973.jpg (6KB, 240x198px) Image search: [Google]
1465114447973.jpg
6KB, 240x198px
Old Thread here >>58011410
Post your simple/small/stupid questions here.
>>
Do 3:2 monitors exist yet or do I have to go with 4:3? I want to get a cheap non-widescreen monitor to use in portrait mode as my secondary monitor
>>
>>58020169
>>
So I signed up for a shady site and my network wifi went down a couple hours later.

Are they related? I didn't enter any info regarding my network. Only important thing I put was my email.
>>
File: 1376013314319.jpg (92KB, 288x268px) Image search: [Google]
1376013314319.jpg
92KB, 288x268px
Re-asking here just for some more insight

So I've bought into the Ultrabook meme and have been looking at machines to buy

I've spotted the Asus UX360UA for around £600, i5, 3200x1800 screen, good ports, 128GB SSD.

The one everyone wanks over is the HP Spectre x360 though, and that's retailed at £900, has a 1920x1080 screen that is actually worse than the Asus in not only resolution, a worse hinge but 256GB SSD

My question is, where the hell does the gap in price come from? I've seen both in person, the Asus seems like a better machine but it just doesn't look as slick

Something just feels off about paying less for what seems like more, what's the catch?
>>
>>58020573
Simplicity to shorten the amount of boilerplate code needed.
>>
>>58020562
>>
>>58020590
The catch is usually things like build quality, just jamming high end specs in a laptop isn't what makes it expensive
>>
>bought a new PC
>turn it on
>the PC turns on, but nothing happens
>wait
>nothing
>the video graphics card stops working
>PC still on, without any signal on the monitor

what could it be?
>>
I have an old Llano APU that is apparently working fine (OC and all) regarding the cpu portion but with no graphics. Windows doesn't recognize the adapter and in the bios I can force embeded gfx (dvi connector works ust fine) but can't allocate shared memory, since doing just that makes the system unable to post.

any ideas? I'm kinda curious.
>>
>>58020913
>buying a pre-build PC
lol, what a loser.

Anyway, have you considered checking if you have problems with the cables you are using and if your graphics card is properly connected into your motherboard? I've had problems connecting my graphics card in the past.
>>
>>58020913
sounds like a short circuit somewhere.
check the mobo grounding and every single one of the power connectors.
>>
i am a 21 years old spaniard and i work by myself doing computer repairs and maintenance
i dont get much calls and even if i did the job is not that good
what should i study to get a better job in technology ?
should i try to continue my career here or move to another country ?
>>
>>58020976
yep, pre-built

yes, it is well connected to the motherboard

i just can't unterstand why it stops after a while
>>
>>58021043
wait, forget what i said.
>>58020913
does it post?
>>
>>58021043
i will check that.
>>
I was transferring something to a flash drive on Computer A and the average transfer speed was 4.5 MB/s. On computer B the average speed was 16 MB/s.

Is USB transfer speed determined by the CPU?
Is copying to slower than copying from?

Why was one computer faster than another?
>>
I just uploaded my app to the play store but I can't find it when I search for it.
It says here that it's published.
Anyone knows something?
>>
>>58021083
is the motherboard posting (does it beep)?
any led indicators?

if it isn't posting check the cpu first, then the memory. But since it's a prebuilt you are probably better rma'ing it... don't even bother, if the return shipping isn't too much of a hassle.
>>
>>58021136
the motherboard doesn't post
it's like it is working normally

i also you try the rma... might be the better option. ty
>>
https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Dell-Inspiron-13-5378-Signature-Edition-2-in-1-PC/productID.5077267000

Is this too good to be true? An i5 Kaby Lake laptop for less than 500 bucks? It also seems to be compatible with 2.5 inch SSDs which I already have in my current laptop
>>
File: rgwerg23t.jpg (15KB, 366x147px) Image search: [Google]
rgwerg23t.jpg
15KB, 366x147px
>>58021337
>Is this too good to be true?
I think so.
>>
is there a way to save this picture?
i right click > save fullsize image but it saves something else
http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/thebay/brands/mens-winter-boots/chillberg-waterproof-boots-0600088799929--24
>>
>>58021383
the large picture of the boot is what im referring to btw
>>
How can I torrent Excel 2016?
>>
File: 1480753972526.jpg (16KB, 480x236px) Image search: [Google]
1480753972526.jpg
16KB, 480x236px
>have to make an appointement for a subject which consists in making a bunch of drawings with a common theme and make a "portable museum"
>I thought it could be neat , and easy, to make a web page with all my drawings in it and have a personalized qr code (that leads to the page) printed in a t-shirt , this way I can have a "portable museum" without having to carry all my shit

Should I use 3rd party shit (if so which one) or can an almost 0 programming skills dude do a web page to hold images by himself
>>
>>58021383
you can take a screenshot of your whole screen and cut it to the part you want using the "Print" key on your keybard. Press Ctrl+V on mspaint to put the printscreen there

>>58021398
google it lazy cunt
you are such a dumb idiot
>>
i'm writing a web application where the action that is done on the server is determined by a request parameter. which is stylistically better?

sub someAction {
# do some action
}

sub someOtherAction {
# do some other action
}

sub requestHandler {
if ($action eq 'someAction') {
someAction;
} elsif ($action eq 'someOtherAction')
someOtherAction;
} ...
}

or
sub requestHandler {
if ($action eq 'someAction') {
# do some action
} elsif ($action eq 'someOtherAction')
# do some other action

assuming that "some action" and "some other action" are only done in those two instances (i.e. the code is not reused anywhere else in the application), does it make sense to separate it into it's own functions? i feel like if i don't, i end up with one huge function, and if i do, i get all these functions that are only called in one place; both options seem wrong for different reasons.
inb4 let's all laugh at perl for not having normal switch/case statements or spelling elsif weird
>>
I just had that stupid fucking "too many 16 bit programs running" error after nu-sjwfox shat itself and when i tried to log off everything just froze completely and there was just a black screen with the mouse on it which responded in realtime perfectly fine but no matter what buttons i pressed nothing else happened so i had to do a hard reboot

How do i prevent this from happening again inna future
>>
>>58021439
yeah but i was looking to save the magnified image
and you cant magnify the whole image at one time, it's one of those hoverboxes that just magnify part of it
>>
>>58020628
Nevermind I figured it out.
>>
Is it safe if I TeamViewer on my phone using its 3G network?
Like can anyone else see what I'm doing?
>>
>>58020564
Practically no. Almost all 4:3 monitors are TN panels, so not great for portrait since the vertical viewing angles are shit.

Cheapo used 5:4 1280x1024 monitors are pretty common, but again all TN so don't rotate them.
>>
>>58021621
if you are alone in the room no one else can see it

also teamviewer over 3G will barely work from the low bandwith
I have 0 experience using it in phones but id recommend using wifi
>>
What are good websites where I can learn C, C++ and Java?

I intend to go fully into the software development field for jobs.

I kind of need the most hand-holdy learning tool possible. I am not that good at studying.
>>
>>58021674
What I mean is 3g is sort of a shared network so I was wondering if anyone can see what it is I'm doing I already know IPs can monitor traffic but what about users
>>
>>58021757
no, teamviewer is encrypted and safe
>>
>>58021702
Depends.
If you have absolutely 0 knowledge of object oriented programming then I recommend thenewboston on youtube.

After that I would read a good book like OCA Java SE 8 Programmer by mala gupta if you want to learn what's the norm for programmers who have jobs.
>>
I'm going to learn a language to write a primarily GUI based program (standalone and compatible with windows/mac/linux ideally), but I'm not sure which would be best.

I've read suggestions online and apparently Java and C# are good for this. Which one would be better and is there a better language?
>>
Why the actual fuck does it say I have installations going when trying install microsoft visual C++

I can have literally nothing else running and it just says I have other shit going on

This is the most frustrating shit

Fuck me I'm going to break my desk into pieces
>>
Is thinkcentre decent enough for current gen gaming
>>
>>58021929
i think C is rather complicated as a first language specially if you plan on learning by yourself

>>58021941
have you tried turning it off and on again ?
>>
>>58022011

I just re-formatted so I have no reaction images

But I will end you
>>
>get second hand PC
>clean all the dust out new cpu etc
>check the psu rating
>250W max
>check all my parts online
>recommend 270W min for everything at max load
i'm fucced aren't i
>>
File: apuPC_cry.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
apuPC_cry.png
37KB, 1127x685px
>>58022125
can get a decent PSU for 30-50€, you are not that fucced
>>
>>58021905
>thenewboston

Looks good.

Which programming language should I start with as a beginner to get a feel for the discipline? And is there a way to play with the programs online?
>>
Are CD rippers still a thing? I've got a ton of disks from the bargain bin that need ripping.

>>58020579
Nope, not unless you downloaded something and ran it.

>>58020573
Functions as objects makes algorithms much more generic: eg sort by ```reverse-emoji-alphabetical```

>>58021126
Give it a couple hours for all the caches to update.

>>58021702
Community college.
>>
>>58022125
this is why PSU should be the first thing you consider when building or modifying a computer. the rest is just things that would be ideal besides basic stuff like making sure everything fits

you can get a higher wattage PSU if there's enough room in the case obviously. it might be awkward, especially if you have a case with everything sort of set up for a specific build
>>
>>58022178
find the icdn on them and then google that, it will tell you the artist and album information
Now go to your favorite torrent site and search
>>
Is the 1050ti worth the extra cost compared to the RX 460?
>>
>>58021941
maybe you're installing 64bit on a 32bit? best i can think of
>>
File: 1448306972776.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1448306972776.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>58017397
/g/ pls
>>
>>58022178
>community college for programming learning

Fuck no. I had to take a programming class as perquisite for my certification and it was garbage. They'll have you pay out the ass for a book that has to be new because it's needed for a horrible online test taking platform.

Learning on youtube + actually starting projects will teach you more than a college class (with programming at least)
When I was in college the people in my class didn't learn anything because they didn't apply anything from the class to hobby projects.

>>58022176
>Which programming language should I start with as a beginner to get a feel for the discipline?
What do you want to do with the languages? Make online applications or desktop?

>And is there a way to play with the programs online?
Online compilers exist, look it up. But you're going to have to get an IDE if you want to actually run desktop/web applications.

Also, please read a book after watching thenewboston's tutorials. He doesn't teach things like proper naming conventions that well.
>>
So I don't think I'm totally computer illiterate, but I'm lost when it comes to anything networking related.

I've been having some connection issues lately and wanted to try giving my isp a call. When I went to their website I found myself at a router log in page (pic related) instead of their website. This isn't my router, and my router's log in certainly doesn't work. When I try to connect to their website through a different connection (example my phone off wifi, or at work) it works just fine.

I'm not sure why this is, if its related to my connection issues or what. Should I call them and let them know this is happening?
>>
>>58022350
Also this isp is a fairly small local company, the connection is wireless broadband. I live in the mountains so selection is limited.
>>
>>58022300
I am honestly not that sure where my discipline should go.

I could either go for a Web Designer or a Software Developer path. Maybe even an Android development path. I have no idea where to start at all yet.
>>
File: IMG_20161216_141256.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161216_141256.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What does this little switch do on my RX 470?
>>
Is there anything I can do in mpv to cover up these Japanese hardsubs? They make it hard to read the English subs and are just generally distracting.

Is there perhaps some way to tell mpv not to render a certain portion of the video so that nothing will appear there?
>>
>>58017519
Anyone?

I am on W10 Pro Insider Preview Build 14965

has anyone had an issue like this before? I don't see anything scheduled to make this thing keep opening.
>>
>>58022478
>hardsubs
Why do you think they call them HARDsubs?
>>
>>58022501
I know what hardubs are. I know they're encoded onto the video itself and can't be disabled, but they are showing up on a particular part of the video where there is just a black bar, so if there was some way of making mpv simply not render that section of the video then they could be gotten rid of as though they were never there.

I'm guessing it's not possible but I'm asking in the hopes that it somehow is.
>>
>>58022515
use the subtitle adjustment to move up eng subs, will at least alleviate the issue
>>
File: 889588301392_main.jpg (80KB, 970x1245px) Image search: [Google]
889588301392_main.jpg
80KB, 970x1245px
>>58021383
firefox
ctrl i
media tab
>>
>>58022561
btw you need to change the extension from htm to jpg.
>>
>>58022284
probably nothing noticeable because it's a speaker
>>
>>58022490
CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD NOW
>>
>>58022561
ctrl i opens up my bookmarks sidebar
>>
>>58022591
Its a gaming PC, it doesn't have a password
>>
>>58020552
How do I choose what Bitcoin wallet to use?

I have a project where I need to be able to receive Bitcoins, but I've never used them before. The page on bitcoin.org just lists the different choices without any explanation, and it's hard to find any unbiased report of their pros and cons.

I am interested in anonymity mostly. I'll most likely be accessing it from a Windows 7 machine.
>>
>>58020579
Almost definitely not.

In theory it's possible, but that would be a waste of effort for a hacker. If they were able to get something downloaded and run on your computer, they wouldn't fuck around with your wifi--it would most likely be ransomware.

Hackers aren't just pranksters anymore--they pretty much just want money now. If they were able to get something running with admin privileges on your computer, it wouldn't just be breaking things on your network, it would be encrypting all your shit and demanding a ransom.
>>
>>58022350
Simply put, yes.

The problem's on their end, not yours. Have your computer in front of you, and be ready to provide as many details as they want. The MAC address of your modem helps too.
>>
File: 1.jpg (74KB, 604x276px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
74KB, 604x276px
>>58020552
Is there difference between 15$ 7.1 external sound card or 30$ one while they have same bitrate and number of inputs/outputs except software?

How can internals of sound card support only 5.1 but somehow re-seller makes it 7.1

Example CMI8738

Theyr web: 8738-LX/MX supports 6CH DAC 5.1 surround

but seller who uses it in pic related uses it for 7.1

so is there additional hardware or is it false 7.1

:^) I know that you can not tell me 100% without dismantling it but just tell me what is more probable
>>
>>58022284
Not unless your monitor's a broken POS.

Try it both ways and compare on a couple of songs. If you can't tell the difference, it's not a problem. Any decent monitor should be fine.
>>
>>58020552
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/sRQLd6

Need to pick a motherboard anyone able to help? also how will linux run on this? (fedora or arch)
>>
>>58021946
Jesus fuck I come back to /g/ after a few months away and this is what I fucking see?

I knew the /g/ user quality was going downhill, but I didn't know it was happening this fucking fast.

Listen, faggot:

>First of all, using a prebuilt PC at all is a retarded waste of money.
>Secondly, the model doesn't tell us shit. It's the processor, GPU, and amount of RAM that we need, and that's just for a basic idea.

Now shut the fuck up, and lurk fucking more!
>>
>>58022693
I don't know about the sound, but I'd honestly be more worried about build quality. Doesn't matter if it has the same features, if it breaks in a week
>>
File: 1478883609158.png (96KB, 1041x497px) Image search: [Google]
1478883609158.png
96KB, 1041x497px
>>58020552
Why is it called DDR4-3000 when the clock is 1000

Do I really have to go to my Bios to make the ram run at speed
>>
I'm trying to figure out how many SSD's or HDD's my motherboard can have installed. What spec do I look for?

Also, what is the name for the wire needed to connect the SSD to a motherboard?
>>
>>58022785
Yes
>>
>>58022787
sata cable. you're limited by number of sata ports
>>
>>58022745
I never abuse my stuff,it will just stand on the desk for years like everything I put there does.
I do not drink or eat behind pc either.
If It still manages to break[from overheat or something] then I get refund/new one
>>
File: 1450479174121.png (54KB, 210x180px) Image search: [Google]
1450479174121.png
54KB, 210x180px
>>58020552
How do I structure a new Express.js app for an MVC pattern? I'm coming from Meteor. While it had a lot of drawbacks, it made it super clear and easy to understand which code runs on the client and which code runs on the server. Since I'm using a frontend component framework (Vue.js), I'm really unclear on this distinction.

Basically, where do I put my application code that isn't directly tied to frontend components?
>>
Are M.2 SSD's faster than normal SSD's?
>>
>>58022838
Yes but for normal use you will not notice the difference.
>>
>>58022895
>normal use
What do you mean normal use?

Also, I'm going for the M.2 also for the easy install. I mean, it's installed by just slotting it into the PCI-E slot right?
>>
If I upgrade my pirated Win8 to a legit Win10, will I be safe from the NSA?
>>
>>58022944
hell no are you fucking retarded
>>
Recommendations for programming and cs books?
>>
>>58022729
>>58022729
You seem angry, friend. Have you tried taking those autism pills of yours?
>>
My ISP provides a service where i can connect to almost every wifi of their company (using WPA2-Enterprise - AES) with my email as login and a unchangeable password they gave me.
Is this safe at all? looks like anyone connected could easily get my email.
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 112x135px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 112x135px
>>58022920
>it's installed by just slotting it into the PCI-E slot right
its a different socket.
google M.2 before purchasing something your motherboard might not support you fucking idiot
>>
What's a decent bluetooth stereo under $50? For a gift.

Everything I find is dinky, portable, battery-based stuff, pic related. I want something louder that plugs into the wall, without the expensive approach of a proper BT receiver + amp + speakers.

Maybe the small things sound ok? 10watt with 2 inch drivers seems like a joke.
>>
So Windows 7 SP1 ,without any updates,just the service pack , has botnet crap?
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>58023276
it keeps happening
>>
File: graphics card.jpg (31KB, 600x493px) Image search: [Google]
graphics card.jpg
31KB, 600x493px
I've got pic related in my current setup. It's a pile of junk, and i'm a poorfag, so i plan on spending 300-400 dollars on a new mobo/ram/cpu combo. Is it too old to keep in my pc, or should i spend 50-70 bucks on a new gpu? probably the most graphics intensive game i'd want to play is skyrim or something like that, so would it work?
>>
File: rbSg4HW.jpg (31KB, 628x442px) Image search: [Google]
rbSg4HW.jpg
31KB, 628x442px
Thinking of buying a G-Sync monitor for my gtx 1060. Is it a meme or is it worth it?
>>
>>58023504
It depends what you're upgrading from, and the game you have in mind.
>>
>>58023292
i think not, but its propietary software so you never know for sure.
use WSUS Offline Updater and Ancille script and you shouldn't have any of the botnet crap.
>>
>>58023534
Upgrading from 60 Hz monitor, pretty basic one. Hoping to run games like GTA/Witcher/Overwatch past 60 fps and I'd be paying the same price as buying a 144 Hz monitor
>>
>>58023479
>70 bucks
I got 3 words for you
670, second hand
sells at around 70-90€ in my area, wich is a very good price considering what the GTX 670 is.
and it will run skyrim on high or ultra fo sure
>>
>>58023479
Post your specs, senpai.
>>
>>58023594
just buy a 144 Hz
and if you have doubts if high refresh rate is a meme, grab ur grandma's CRT and set it to 120 Hz or more with CRU
>>
File: specs.png (170KB, 807x792px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
170KB, 807x792px
>>58023622
prepare to be appalled
>inb4 upgrade to windows 10
i've heard that it's got some sort of tracking/surveillance shit on it and i dont wanna risk it
>>
File: 2myHftC.jpg (38KB, 421x604px) Image search: [Google]
2myHftC.jpg
38KB, 421x604px
>>58023634
But is it possible to go past 144 fps? I'm one who likes having a pc wring out its maximum potential.
>>
>>58023669
ofc, i play competitive tf2 at 120 Hz and never go under 240 fps
depends on your hardware and the settings you are willing to play on too. just activate the FPS meter in the steam overlay to see what framerates you achieve ingame.
>>
>>58023714
So if my hardware could handle it, a g-sync monitor would let games that COULD go past 144 fps PERFORM beyond that point?
>>
>>58023652
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7DmQKZ

If you need to keep your build under $400 go with a 1050 Ti instead.
>>
>>58023791
holy shit, thank you my dude.
>>
whats a botnet
>>
File: refresh rate.png (48KB, 1125x528px) Image search: [Google]
refresh rate.png
48KB, 1125x528px
>>58023783
dude, i dont know what you're trying to say, but im pretty sure there are no g-sync of freesync monitors above 100 Hz
if you want less time between frames aka a smoother experience the best thing you can buy is a 120 Hz or 144 Hz display (or a CRT)
>>
File: 4ybg2jx.jpg (121KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4ybg2jx.jpg
121KB, 1024x1024px
>>58022244
bumping this
>>
File: 1467667985686.jpg (165KB, 761x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467667985686.jpg
165KB, 761x800px
What's a good book for low level programming knowledge?
I've been programming in C/C++ for several years now, but I'm worried that if I go to a job interview for a programming gig my low level knowledge about the computer implementation side isn't up to scratch. Stuff like floating point precision, stack management for objects/function calls, etc sometimes doesn't quite click.
>>
>>58023852
Oh, just realized how retarded I was. Almost needed a fucking hard wrangler. Thanks for the advice! Kudos.
>>
>>58020913
1. make sure your plugging in the video cable into the graphics cards ports
2. can you boot into bios?
>>
how do i this in haskell as list comprehension?

for (i=0; i<length(arr1); i++)
for (j=0; j<length(arr2); j++)
arr3.put(arr[j].substring(0,i))
>>
My new RX 470 keeps losing connection to my display, and the only way to fix it is by hard rebooting. Is anyone else having this problem? Can I return it for a replacement?

I'm fucking pissed.
>>
Any good IP scrambler apps for Android?
>>
>>58024052
Reinstall drivers.
Try a different Port.
Check that it isnt the cable.

Yes.
>>
File: fyh.png (15KB, 934x218px) Image search: [Google]
fyh.png
15KB, 934x218px
>Outlook / Live / Hotmail / Trash
I've had these people in my contacts for years, yet they keep going back to my junk.
This is also happening to newer contacts I've started to e-mail, regardless if I add them manually to my "Outlook Contacts" or not.

Regardless of @live, @yahoo, etc., a selective amount of people that e-mail me keep being sent to junk. I don't see a correlation.
>>
>>58024086
I'm on amdgpu-pro but I looked it up and Windows users are having the same problem on the same card with updated drivers.
There's only 1 DVI port
I'll try it if I find one but I doubt it's the issue.
>>
>>58021123
Write speeds are typically slower than read. Transfer is obviously dependent upon what you are transferring to . Computer B might have a more efficient drive, maybe an SSD. Other things like usb 3 might be in play on computer B. CPU would have very minimal impact on data speeds.
>>
>>58020871
But it surely can't be that much worse, right?
They're both pretty pricey
>>
So apparently i freed up like 15gb+ of hdd space just by rebuilding my thumbnail cache from scratch 2 hours ago, is this plausible or is kikerosoft just avin some giggls with me here
>>
>>58021123
Smaller files are harder to transfer.
Copying to a USB is slower because write speeds are usually really low.

Not a problem with USB 3.0 USBs.
>>
>>58024290
Welcome to windows efficiency.

Try checking the Windows update folder.
Or the temp or appdata folder.
>>
I would like to try some mechanical keyboards to get a taste for what would suit me best (having no experience with them).

Where, in Melbourne Australia could I test out such keyboards without looking like a complete fedora?
>>
When would be a good time to build a new PC?
I've been wanting to build mine, but I know we're kind of approaching a lot of new releases so I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger.
>>
>>58024397
1 Month ago.

Around this days with black friday and cyber monday when you could get a I5/CPU and motherboard for $200.
>>
>>58024049
nvm i got it. general form:
[<do w/e> | j <- arr2, i <- ar1]
>>
What level of math should I know in order to program well?

Should I get some math books?
>>
Alright.
I bough a Dell Vostro 3558, the 2Gb graphics model, and I've been reasonably happy with it.

The storage is just too small for me. I though about getting rid of the disk drive and throwing in a HDD frame instead, and putting in a 5TB HDD.
Would it be worth it replacing the one that I got with the system with a same HDD, and Raiding the two?
How would it work with data recovery capability?

Also, another question.
The thing didn't get a HDMI. So, I use the included winbooe10 capability to use my smart TV as another display. Would upgrading my router and cabling the TV together help with latency?
>>
>>58024639
5 TB for a laptop?

More than 1TB is already unreliable enough for 2.5" HDDs.
>>
>>58024479
Algebra. Unless you're doing scientific computing, that is.
>>
File: 1481844284414.jpg (49KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481844284414.jpg
49KB, 720x960px
>>58020552
What's a good basic video editor for Windows? I'm running off a very old machine that doesn't support OpenGL 2.0 (Dell Optiplex 755) so Shotcut is out of the question.
>>
>>58024659
So getting two one TB HDD would be better, if I understand reliability wise.
Also, is Raiding them worth it? Would transfer speed be affected?
>>
I put together a computer the other day, and after installing the wifi card, everything was fine and dandy for about a day. The utility program that was loaded by the install disk showed that I was averaging about a 77% signal quality. After that day, the card drops the connection every 3 minutes or less during the day, and only maintains a signal, albeit a shitty one, late at night. At best I'm getting a 40% signal quality now. The drivers are up to date and I've removed and replaced the card to make sure there weren't any seating issues, so now I'm at a loss at what to do.

Nothing's changed since the first day other than that I moved the computer to a different location in the house, one that is closer to the router than it initially was, and even after moving it the signal was fine for a brief while. Ethernet isn't an option since the closest wall-socket is over 50 feet away. I'm going to try a powerline adapter, but the router is on a different breaker than my room so the signal's going to be a bit degraded from the start.

Any idea what might be the issue or potential solutions? Since my only other computer died today, this is the only way I have to get work done or access the web, so I'm fucked if I can't figure this out.

The card in question:
>http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5519_TL-WDN4800.html
>>
>>58024861

Is there a microwave or something that could be regularly disrupting the signal?
>>
>>58024873
Only thing between my room and the room the router's in, is a bathroom. So there's nothing really in between that I would think would effect the signal other than (maybe) a power strip, a lamp, a set of rollers/hair dryer (in the bathroom) and that's it.

Granted, my computer's in the corner furthest away from the router, but my previous computer was in the same location, with an even worse wireless card, and never had an issue.

What confuses me is that it's not as big an issue during the night, even though I still get some serious lag in a game or things load a bit slower than usual, but it's downright impossible to stay connected during the day, even when there's no one else here.
>>
>>58022284
the port on your monitor is probably meant for headphones, so it'll above line level and might cause distortion if you crank it up
just leave the volume on your monitor low and it should be alright
>>
Can someone school me on core m?
I want to grab an ultrabook (one of those mac styled asus memes) and I can shave off some good ass dollars by going for a m3-7y30 over an i5 7200u.
They're both dual cores, but beyond that i'm lost. Is the m3 good for a light work/school/media laptop?
>>
>>58024861
>>58024905
probably a hardware problem, get an RMA and see if it still happens
>>
>>58024740
>Core2Duo
>doesn't support OpenGL 2.0
Man of Color what
>>
>>58024964
>probably a hardware problem
Well fuck. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>58024941
Go to passmark and see the difference in benchmarks. It is 2 times slower than corresponding core i3 from the ame generation.
It is passively cooled, and will throttle down easily.
>>
I have a R9 380 a friend gave me. The fan speed is so fucking fast its like death to my ears. When I open MSI Afterburner for some reason the fan control option isn't there? It isn't in the settings or anything. Is there anything I can do about this?
>>
>>58025055
Sounds a bit shit, I assume?
>>
File: P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>58020552
was thinking about getting the ASUS LGA2011-v3 5-Way Optimization SafeSlot X99 ATX Motherboard X99-DELUXE II, is this the newest one they have out? it has X99 chipset, is that the best?
>>
I'm wondering what this is.
I'm on a fairphone 2 and this is the second time this is appearing. I'm not really doing anything super strange on the device.
To be clear it's the WAP_PUSH_SI.
PIXELATED FOR PRIVACY.
>>
>>58025199
Disable wap push messaging
>>
what are the /g/ approved file sharing sites? like the old /rs/ (rapidshare for you newfags)
>>
I got a new psu (an EVGA P2 750w). What is the likelihood that it'll be a dud and/or fry the rest of my computer?

I've been reading reviews and the negative ones really scare me into thinking that this will be the thing that borks my computer. I don't have a spare "test" system to plug things into to see if they work or not.
>>
>>58025287
Do you mean for searching like /rs/?
Hardly any good available. There's some sites listing mega.nz links. Haven't tried them.

All of those direct download sites are filled with malware and deceptive links.
>>
>>58025319
not for searching per se. like i upload some shit, get a link, share it to the hacker known as 4chan
>>
>>58025348
Mega.co.nz is good then.
Any of the pomf spinoffs (like pomf.is) are OK if it's not really secret stuff.
>>
>>58025287
ausfag detected
>>
>>58022448
Probably a BIOS switch, might be for backup in case of a bad overclock or a different performance/ noise limit setting. Not possible to tell without knowing the exact model really.
>>
>>58022785
If you want to overclock your RAM, you have to overclock your RAM, yes.
>>
>>58022838
>>58022895
>>58022920
M.2 is a form factor, it's essentially a fancy flat SATA port with no speed improvement on older motherboards and only PCI-E (with the corresponding demand for LANEZ) on newer chipsets.
>>
Is there any point whatsoever to Speccy Pro? I mean I'd toss them $5 as a donation but $25 for what basically amounts to screenfetch on windows is a tad much.
>>
is this rescue-pro deluxe shit from sandisk any good?
RPRID-0501-03180-91723-65087
>>
File: 3574_9bc3.jpg (31KB, 365x355px) Image search: [Google]
3574_9bc3.jpg
31KB, 365x355px
How much higher should my PSU's watts be compared to the watts my parts are using?
>>
>>58025581
If you're a super envirofaggot, +50% for peak efficiency. If not, 25% is usually enough to prevent saturation and keep heat levels down.
>>
>>58025581
the highest efficiency is found around 40% of the full wattage i think
so if you had 500W PSU the best efficiency would be around 200W (depends on model)
also keep in mind that the max wattage is not stable
and that the different cables coming from the PSU give different wattages (read side of the PSU)
>>
>use ctrl + shift + tab regularly to change tabs in firefox
>suddenly it just stops working altogether
all my buttons still work, ctrl + tab still works and when i press the shift key on the other side of my keyboard it works
>>
>>58022729
>Expecting even a hint of intellect in a thread called "stupid questions"

Haha what an idiot
>>
any advice for buying crappy and cheap headphones?

my current ones just died and i will be travelling tomorrow so i don't have much time. i'm thinking of buying whatever i'll find at the shop, probably less than 10 $ ones. any suggestions, brands to avoid, etc.?
>>
How do I summon a succubus?
>>
>>58025659
Any cheap speakers are better than expensive headphones
>>
>>58025688
Scopolamine
>>
>>58025659
tip: dont throw those broken headphones away, they can be used to listen to FM radio on your phone, where you can switch to the phone speaker to listen
antenna is about the only thing id use shitty headphones for. get cheap SONY or something
>>
Hey Guys,

I got a few Apple Watchs first Generation in Demo Mode. Does someone of you know how I can reset it so that i can use it normally?
Connecting it with the Iphone or Mac does not work.
>>
>>58025726
Bring them back, Tyrone.
>>
>>58025761
Definitly not. I have over 150 of them. I work at a apple retailer and our Stores sent them to us because of the seconde generation that came out earlier (First Generation is to old to exhibit them). Apple told us to throw them away but it would be a shame destroying all of them.
>>
I asked this question last thread. There is one peer I've been seeding to who is stuck at 99.6%, ad I've seeded the torrent files many times over to them. Do you know what is going on?
>>
File: Capture+_2016-12-16-02-48-59.png (165KB, 720x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-12-16-02-48-59.png
165KB, 720x1199px
>>58025659
get these
panasonic is decent with earbuds for a low price
skullcandy is shit
>>
What are some good reads about network security and their protocols?
>>
why are my case lights on 24/7? even when the pc is turned off
>>
Helping a friend out. This isn't base 64 data, right? What kind of encoding is this?
>>
Why does my sd card have 4mib of unallocated space? could it possibly be a backdoor program or something like that is stored on that sector and not shown to the user?
>>
>>58026060
porn is not allowed here
>>
I have a disk image, which I can mount with

sudo mount -o loop,rw /home/user/disk.img /mnt/diskimage

But mounted this way, only the root user can write to it. How do I mount this image so that all users can have r/w access?
>>
I'm trying to run a program in wine on Ubuntu but it won't start because "SHCORE.DLL" is missing.

Any idea on how I can fix this or aquire "SHCORE.DLL".

>i'm a complete newfag to linux btw
>>
>>58026520
jesus christ pajeet, review your notes. i bet you can even get the answer by googling that question
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 592x99px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 592x99px
>>58026520
>>58026958
>>
>>58025299
Fucksake.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (49KB, 1355x120px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
49KB, 1355x120px
>>58025802

Is this person just getting as much data from me to slow down the torrent? He's at 3.1gb now and the torrent is only 1.8gb.
>>
File: logo-rgb.jpg (312KB, 2560x807px) Image search: [Google]
logo-rgb.jpg
312KB, 2560x807px
Do I really need an antivirus software, guys?
I'm running Windows 10.

What's the best and most lightweight antivirus program? Is it Avast? That's what I've always used.
>>
>>58027122
>That's what I've always used
If that's what you've always used and feels safe, I suggest Avast.
I still have MSE and occassional scans of MBAM
>>
Memepad on the way, want to try out distcc since I've never had opportunity/reason to do so.

Stupid question is whether I'm good with helper and target hosts both being x86_64 (-march=ivybridge on helper, -march=sandybridge on target) or is crossdev required?

What if one of them was Haswell or AMD Bulldozer?
I'm bit confused whether building new cross-toolchain is needed in cases like that or only when:

- helper x86, target atom

- helper x86_64 - target sparc

and the like.
>>
I got banned from a wireless network, tried spoofing my mac but I still can't get in. What else can I do?
>>
>>58020552
Is a Thinkpad good for coding/programming? I want to buy a cheap laptop for coding programming but no so cheap i cant do shit with it besides use jewbook
>>
Is there any advantage in having a wired router + a wireless access point vs a wireless router (which is by far more common today).
>>
>>58027609
for house use? no
>>
Options for 120/144Hz aren't showing up in Windows 10 or Nvidia Control Panel. Using GTX 1060 and BenQ XL2411Z. Only have HDMI 2.0 output available, and only DVI-DL supports 144Hz on the monitor. Using a HDMI to DVI-DL cable. Anyone suggest anything?
>>
>>58027628
>Only have HDMI 2.0 output available
Why is that?
>>
>>58027651
It's in a Razer Blade, and the USB-C port is occupied.
>>
>>58025299
Somebody plz
>>
Is there any way to change button prompts in games to the playstation buttons, or alternatively, can you get "caps" or something to make your triangle, square etc on the ds4 say x, y, a, b?
>>
>>58025299
>>58027666
For the 750W:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-750-p2-platinum-psu,4566-10.html
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/EVGA-SuperNOVA-650W-and-750W-Platinum-Power-Supply-Review

The 750W version is nearly identical to the 850W, bar the slightly lower capacity. Both are based on the Leadex Platinum platform

http://www.orionpsudb.com/evga
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=444

It's also worth noting that basically all of EVGA's G/P/T2 PSUs are best-in-class
>>
File: 1474311692080.jpg (136KB, 1536x835px) Image search: [Google]
1474311692080.jpg
136KB, 1536x835px
>>58015463
>>58015524
Yes they did, managed to make one.
>>/wsr/236972
>>
>use Yahoo Mail for e-commerce for years
>2 huge security breaches revealed this year

What's a good, botnet-less (Google), NSA-less (Microsoft), free email provider?
Does anyone here use ProtonMail or Tutanota?
>>
File: 1481845842879.webm (1MB, 932x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1481845842879.webm
1MB, 932x1078px
Is there a way to block flags on /pol/ without filtering your own posts? Maybe a 4chanx script?
>>
>>58027670
>Is there any way to change button prompts in games to the playstation buttons
Some games have mods that change the xbox button images to playstation ones and there are even handful of games that have them built-in and only require a config file change. But most games only support xbox buttons and have no mod support at all.

Try to google "<game> playstation buttons" or whatever, it'll usually give you something useful.

>alternatively, can you get "caps" or something to make your triangle, square etc on the ds4 say x, y, a, b?
Yes, some people do sell xbox buttons that fit into ds4. You'll have to dissassemble the controller and change the buttons yourself but this shoudnt be too hard. Search for them in ebay or google or whatever. Or you could just memorize which one is which.
>>
>>58027628
Does your adapter support HDMI 2.0?
>>
>>58025933
Search for CompTIA Security+ practice tests and study resources. Plenty of free stuff online for it. I enjoy Professer Messer. It can be a little dry, but he covers virtually everything.
>>
How essential is an IPS display for a laptop, would you say? I've been looking for a secondhand laptop to take with my on the train and in between classes, and maybe watch some movies in bed or something. I've currently got my eye on a latitude E6320 for about 120 euro. It seems nice enough, but I think it can't take IPS panels, so I'm not entirely sure.
>>
>>58028532
Depends on if you're doing color sensitive work
>>
>>58028541
Nah, just word/excel and library management systems, nothing graphical. I'll probably be watching some movies/anime on the train too, but that's about the extent of it.
>>
File: nethack.png (127KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
nethack.png
127KB, 1024x768px
I'm trying to understand this bit of nethack code

>Normal, successful offering
consume_offering(otmp);
/* OK, you get brownie points. */
if(u.ugangr) {
u.ugangr -=
((value * (u.ualign.type == A_CHAOTIC ? 2 : 3)) / MAXVALUE);
if(u.ugangr < 0) u.ugangr = 0;

>If your god is angry, their anger is reduced by 1/12 the value of the sacrifice (rounded down) if chaotic, and 1/8 of its value if lawful or neutral. If this would reduce it below 0; set it to 0 instead.

MAXVALUE is 24. What I don't get is, where is the value rounded down, and rounded down to what?
>>
>>58028592
I am by no means an expert, but if the value is an integer, I believe value automatically gets rounded down as integers automatically discard everything after the decimal.
>>
>>58028677
I suspected it would round down to nearest integer, but I don't see that in the code, in addition it seems to make sacrificing anything weaker than. In addition, that would mean that sacrificing anything below 7 difficulty for non-chaotic and 11 for chaotic completely worthless, which seems weird
>>
Apparently my motherboard's audio out (Both on the front of the case and in the back on the mobo) are producing static when I plug a stereo chord into them. I have an amp hooked up through a usb so this doesn't bother me when I use headphones, however I'm trying to set my speakers up to it as well. Would a sound card fix this? What kind of troubleshooting should I go through? I'd prefer to not have to open the computer up.
>>
Does anyone know of any 16:10 tiltable IPS monitor at 21.5 inches? I'm looking for a monitor I can have as my secondary monitor in portrait mode. Doesn't need to be high quality as long as it's decent. This is the one I'm looking at but it's only 16:9

http://www.dell.com/ed/business/p/dell-p2217h-monitor/pd
>>
I apologize for being a fucking idiot, but I cannot figure this out. How do I resolve the conflicts? When I click the button it goes to a page that loads perpetually.

For reference: I submitted a pull request, but since I submitted the PR the original repository has changed. How do I "update" my forked version of the repository through GitHub so that there would be no conflicts?
>>
what are the risks of running an SSD with outdated firmware? I read that updating the firmware requires formatting the drive and I don't want to have to do that and reinstall everything
>>
In Vim, how do I open a new terminal with vim's current directory?

I don't want to have a terminal inside vim, I just want a way to start a new instance
>>
>>58027740
As long as the likelihood of total destruction of my computer is next to nothing.
I read the negative reviews and get scared of hard drives blowing up, and motherboards frying.
>>
File: 1478604795868.gif (51KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1478604795868.gif
51KB, 500x376px
What did you guys ask for Christmas?
>>
>>58029017
Those who are unhappy are more likely to be vocal than those who are happy
>>
Is it realistic to assume that we will build a dyson sphere completely enclosing our sun within the next 40 years?
>>
>>58029086
no
>>
>>58029025
Money and candy.
>>
How can I apologize to my girlfriend for going out drinking and whoring instead of spending her birthday together with her? She's been intolerable lately.
>>
>>58029025
I was going to buy a secondhand laptop for myself, but now that I've found a few good deals I'm left wondering if I actually want one. I don't exactly need one, since I've already got a desktop and a smartphone.

Other than that, I asked for some nice gloves and a bunch of socks. I must have frankenfeet or something, because get holes near the toes after only a a few months.
>>
>>58029086
Mate that's 25th century stuff at least

Within the next 40 years the best we might do is establish a colony on the moon or mars
>>
Have an old hp computer(775) with me. How do I know if it can accept a q6600?
>>
How the fuck do I transfer files from PC to PS3 over wifi? I don't give a shit about streaming, I want something like Wifi file trasnfer for android, but for ps3
>>
I'm getting a new laptop for multimedia purposes:

15 inch 1366 - 768
i5 7200u
AyyyMD r7 m445
8 gb ddr 4 rams
500 gb hdd + 240 sdd

it goes for around 600% buckaroos. does it make sense? worth it?
>>
>>58029176
Use google
>>
>>58028735
It's getting interference from other components on your mobo. Buy a seperate soundcard, either external or internal.

>>58028900
Don't worry about it, it'll work fine without a firmware update.

>>58029141
If it uses the same socket as your old processor it should work fine. You could also compare TDP numbers for both processors to see if the new one will require better cooling or not.
>>
>>58029208
ignore the % lmao
>>
>>58029209
I did cunt and all it gives is fucking DLNA and streaming cancer
>>
File: IMG_20161216_172319.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161216_172319.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
my case's power button broke, but the pins on the motherboard still work, so i nigger rigged it like pic related to avoid having to open the case and short the pins with a screwdriver every time.
i'll eventually wire it up to a button, but i don't have one right now.
now, my question is: should i be careful not to touch the exposed bit of wires? how much current flows through these things?

tldr: will i get zapped if i touch mobo power button pins
>>
>>58029208
CPU seems decent and you get an SSD which is nice, but
>768p screen
>some shitty-ass mobile gpu
Then again laptops are always overpriced
>>
>>58029256
> will i get zapped if i touch mobo power button pins
No. Pretty much the only place where you can get zapped inside the case is inside the PSU.
>>
>>58029256
>i'll eventually wire it up to a button, but i don't have one right now.
Have you vonsidered buying a new case mate?
>>
Been looking at some secondhand business laptops for general schoolwork and watching my weeb cartoons in bed. Would something 8gb ram, 500gb hdd, I5-2540M and a 1366x768 TN screen be sufficient, or schould I shoot for something newer?
>>
>>58029277
the 768p sucks, I agree, but it I think I might get used to it (I'm on a 900p 17-inch) at the moment. I doubt they will ever fully move away from making 15inch 768p, and there are still problems with 1080p scaling on a 15 inch screen. it should be fine for movies in 720p and shit, I hope. and since I'm also on a budget... the ayyymd card is supposedly slightly better than a nvidia 920m, so it should be okay for the simple vidya I play from time to time (diablo 3 as an example. and since the resolution is low the framerates should be fine.
>>
>>58029256
One pin is +5V and the other is ground. 5 volts are not enough to kill you, you probably woudnt even feel a thing when touching it.
>>
>>58029338
What brand is the SSD? Cause for that price it might be some chinese shit that will fail on you after two weeks
>>
>>58022785
DDR stands dor dual data raye so the real speed is 1066x2
>>
>>58029335
That's not too bad. The screen resolution is quite small, but since you're just watching cartoons it doesnt really matter. That i5 should be good enough for light tasks. I'd recommend buying a SSD to it

>>58022785
Your motherboard might not even support 3000 MHz. Also the speeds on store page are for dual channel, so the actual speed is only half of that.
>>
>>58029353
no clue there, they do not provide that info. it's a dell inspiron 5567, so I'm hoping it's not chinese garbage. I've had an inspiron for close to 5 years, I've been using it all day every day for all kinds of stuff and the 500 gb hdd (seagate) is still going strong, various hd checkup software say it's in good condition
>>
Do PCI-E to thunderbolt 3 adapters exist? If not, will they?
>>
>>58029344
>>58029318
ok, thanks

>>58029331
mate i'm not going to buy a whole new fucking case just because a button is broken (and i bodged a fix together)
>>
Help me, friends: >>58027867
>>
Last time I installed Ubuntu on my main HDD where I had my Windows install (Dual-boot)
My Windows boot got fucked and I had to use a repair tool to fix it.

If I install lets say Linux Mint on a partition of my secondary drive and delete the install for whatever reason would I be good or have to go through the same shit?
>>
I read that port forwarding is unsecure, how would one create a secure tunnel so that I can remotely control my computer from my phone?
>>
why are web devs looked down upon?
>>
>>58024290
If you're not using Hibernate mode, disabling that and deleting the corresponding hibernation file can also free up several GB.
>>
Are coding bootcamps the real deal? Do they help with Jon hunts?

And how should I prepare for them?
>>
File: untitled.png (33KB, 638x628px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
33KB, 638x628px
book sale on packt
what do you think of my short list for what to get?
>>
>>58029558
Probably, yes. Keep your windows disk or usb stick ready and use the repair tool on it if you mess something up.

>>58029610
>shitty joke language
>more about interface design then programming
>frameworks change every few months, they keep reinventing the wheel all the time
>bloated as hell, nobody cares about performance

>>58029482
There are some external grapics card cases already.
>>
>>58029836
>React
>Node
>Boost
wtf man

>JUCE
pretty good, but the pros like U-he build their own toolkits

also, what is that colorscheme?
>>
>>58029910
Fuck man. Even if it's not on the same drive? Not gonna install it then. I don't want to deal with that again, it was pretty annoying.
>>
File: untitled.png (49KB, 780x638px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
49KB, 780x638px
>>58029931
thanks for your opinion. pic related for the emacs theme

i'm too new to the javascript stuff to know what's wrong with react and node. i saw that big javascript survey result thing a while ago and they said that react and vue are what most employers have in their job requirements for this year for web developer ads.

i picked the node book because i already finished a learning node book a while ago and figured that since node is backend and react is frontend... maybe that'd make sense to do if i wanted to make a website? i don't know anything about that stuff. hence the books.
>>
File: Workspace 1_002.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Workspace 1_002.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Is there any software similar to docky/plank so I can get a dock like in the picture, which I can pin items to, and also shows open programs?

And, is it possible to make windows taskbar look like pic related, with the left icon being the start menu, and having a clock in the middle?

I know I can make the taskbar on the top and with small icons, but I don't want to show open programs there. I also think you can make the start menu button smaller by changing it to classic theme or something, but not sure.
>>
>no one replies to me

>/g/ complains about botnet
>all /g/eeks still use Gmail, anyway
>>
>>58030092
I don't use gmail
>>
>>58030076
tint2
>>
File: chrome_2016-12-16_09-37-29.png (42KB, 515x246px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-12-16_09-37-29.png
42KB, 515x246px
So I'm a retard, right, all I'm looking for is a detachable microphone for my headset. I've googled it and all that comes up are amazon links to full headsets and I only need the microphone. I want something similar to the pic.

How do I search for this? What are the keywords I need to use other than "detachable mic for headset not boom "
>>
>>58030103
>>58030076
sorry, i meant to specify a dock for windows. plank works fine for me on gnu/linux, just trying to make my windows environment more comfy
>>
>>58030092
I don't give a shit about botnet. I have nothing to hide and I'm not an autist living in a fantasy in which his hax skillz prevent him from being tracked by the ebil government
>>
>>58029943
You can't have multiple bootloaders active at same time and the windows one doesn't like other operating systems. If you want to use linux you have to replace it with GRUB which can mess up your windows boot.

>>58030076
I don't use one myself but I've heard people use RocketDock for that.

>And, is it possible to make windows taskbar look like pic related, with the left icon being the start menu, and having a clock in the middle?
No.
>>
>>58030100
Doubt.jpg

>>58030131
This is what /g/ has become. Nugeeks.
>>
>>58030257
I use openmailbox desu
>>
>>58030177
Even if it is on another drive?
>>
What are classes in python? what are their uses?
>>
My computer won't detect USB devices unless they're plug in at boot on Win 7. How do I fix this?
>>
File: 10ek4sx.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
10ek4sx.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
What's your guys's opinion on curved wide monitors? I have a feeling that it's not great.
>>
>>58030092
>go to any homescreen shit thread
>chrome, fagsapp, viber, fagbook chat on every phone

/g/ - Normalfag consumerism
>>
>>58026470
FS of the image file?
>>
>>58026116
>partition manager programs in charge of not leave a few megabytes free

as simple as is. Extend your partition if you REALLY need that 4MB
>>
https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,3224.0.html

Can someone explain how to use this to a complete retard like me?

>Close both uTorrent and qBittorent
>Open a command prompt from Start menu
>Run ut2qt.exe (or the ruby script) with two command line parameters. First one is the full path and filename of uTorrents resume.dat (usually C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\resume.dat). The second parameter is the path to qBittorrents BT_backup folder (usually C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup\)
>Wait for the program to end, then start qBittorrent

I know how to open a command prompt but nothing else.
>>
how do i find my sound card
>>
>>58030827
did you actually install one?
if not then it's integrated on your motherboard, there's nothing to find.
>>
>>58030814
where are you stuck at?
the guide seems to be retard proof already.
>>
>>58030855
How (or where) do I add command line parameters in the command prompt?
>>
File: cmd.png (14KB, 529x276px) Image search: [Google]
cmd.png
14KB, 529x276px
>>58030870
the commandline parameters are what comes after the program.
in this case you'd type
ut2qt.exe %appdata%\uTorrent\resume.dat %appdatalocal%\qbittorrent\bt_backup\

if you get an error that it can't find ut2qt then you are in the wrong directory.
either use cd to go where the exe is or even easier: navigate to the exe with explorer and click file -> command line prompt
>>
Is there a way to create a directory of folders and files of an external hard drive so I can browse the files while the hard drive isn't connected? I have a few and want to be able to create a list of their contents
>>
>>58030870
>>58030930
sorry it's actually %localappdata%, not %appdatalocal%.
they are variables and will expand to c:\users\whatever\appdata\roaming or local
>>
>>58030962
tree D: > d-file-structure.txt
>>
>>58030114
Antlion ModMic
>>
I have an 750K AMD CPU

My Hard Drive is going to shit.

Should I get a cheap 240GB Drive and just upgrade later, or should I get an SSD, new HDD and a new GPU?

And if so, Would a 460/470 be bottlenecked?

I'm currently running a 260X.
>>
>>58031002

good enough, thanks
>>
>>58030930
>>58030972

Cool I done it, thanks! I just didn't realize that they just needed to be put after with spaces.
>>
>>58031116
By

>upgrade later

I mean build a new PC from scratch after Zen CPUs are in.
>>
>>58020552
What environment do you all use to code webpages? I've been itchin to learn html and javascript for a while.
>>
>>58031140
visual studio code/atom/normal text editor like notepad2
your best friend will be the browsers developer tools, text editor is less important.
>>
How do I check whether my ISP is throttling my connection or not? I'm having annoying speed/instability issues in last couple weeks, especially when I try to start tor (90% of times it doesn't start at all).
>>
I have several VPS with specs like:
*4-16 core processor @ 2.4GHz
*8GB
*Strong connection line(400megabits/s)

Now, is it possible still to actually earn some money via mining cryptocurrencies?
>>
>>58031214
Only if you steal the electricity.
>>
>>58031214
no, missed your chance by 5 years.
besides, CPUs suck at mining.
>>
>>58031225
Thought so, oh well lolz.
>>
Dark or light metal for a bread pan?
>>
I'm going to be doing some iOS programming next semester.
What's the best way to get an OSX environment on my shitty laptop? I already have an iDevice so I really only need to be able to run xcode and compile to device.
>>
>>58031327
you can't.
buy a macbook or a mac mini.

welcome to apple.
>>
What do you use to download torrents? i'm actually using extratorrent but i don't really find it amusing..anything else?
>>
>>58031402
qstalledmeme
transmission
>>
File: f2cS7v0[1].png (25KB, 731x161px) Image search: [Google]
f2cS7v0[1].png
25KB, 731x161px
>>58031402
>>
>>58031432
i have no idea what these are

>>58031441
i'm on 3.4.9 and there's no find button?
>>
Setting up a mac for a user. Used centrify to bind to the domain. Logged in as user but cannot access the users home network folder, permission denied. The user has full access to the account under security and can access the folder normally in any windows laptop and can access any other share as well. Any ideas?
>>
Anyone recommend good free video editing software?

Exporting 1080p/60fps videos would be great
>>
>>58031690
shotcut
>>
Anyone using Win10 LTSB/N?

Building a new PC; don't want normal 10.
Can't find reliable info on how to go about getting it.

Responses have all been along the line of:
>"Why would you want that? You don't need that. Just use the consumer version in all its retarded glory."

No, fuck off.

I don't have access to any Microsoft enterprise subscribers or anything.

How about getting an Enterprise key off leddit or wherever and then upgrading to LTSB from there?

Possible?

Thank you, /g/.
>>
>>58031700
What's the catch with shotcut?
>>
>>58031762
open source shit, so it lacks some UI elements or is just unintuitive.
but good enough for cutting/editing videos on a small scale.
>>
What exactly is the difference between Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate?
>>
>>58031865
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions#Comparison_chart
>>
>>58031894
So more bloatware essentially? The multilanguage packages are a plus I guess.
>>
What is the easiest way to install drivers on a newly installed system?

We're talking Windows 10 here.
>>
>>58032003
Look up your mobo model and you should find the manufacturer's website. Just download the drivers directly from the manufacturer.
>>
>>58032045
Well, that's the usual way. I was thinking maybe there is some free (as in freedom) driver manager that everyone on /g/ uses.
>>
>>58032068
There is a program called 3DP Chip (I think) but I personally avoid it because it is filled with trojans, and if you dont know what you are doing it can screw up your machine.
>>
>>58032068
There are driver managers out there but none are really perfect as far as I know, if you know what your hardware is I think it's much less hassle to just download the drivers you know are right rather than save a minute or two but possibly incur more headache down the line.
>>
Is it possible to store energy in your body while sleeping and then use it to power your stuff while awake?
>>
>>58032089
I'll just download the official one. I was trying to avoid it because it's not that good (like every software lenovo shits out).
>>
>>58032115
yeah mayne
http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2014/ph240/ho2/
>>
If I have a usb drive which is used as an OS installer, is it ok if I also make additional folders in said USB for drivers and such?
>>
>>58032249
sure, why wouldn't it.
>>
Is the 1050ti worth the extra cost compared to the RX 460?
>>
1. How big is the leap from a 7770 to an RX460?

2. I currently crossfire two 7770s, which of course only works in some games. How do two 7770s compare to one RX460?

3. On a related note, wasn't DirectX 12 supposed to allow asynchronous multi GPU setups? Can I crossfire a 7770 with an RX460 yet or is that still soon™?
>>
>>58032385
>RX 460
at least RX 470 or dont bother spending your money
and you can check benchmarks yourself instead of waiting for people to google them for you.
>>
>>58032385
1. save for a 480.
2. SLI doesnt help in games, even makes some run worse.
3. Not "yet".
>>
>>58032415
>470 costs $250+ after shipping and tax
Feels Canada man

>>58032427
>SLI makes games run worse
oh yes that explains why Overwatch runs at 35~ FPS on one 7770, and 50-60~ FPS on two 7770s, I understand now
>>
>>58032510
having 2 horses pushing a chariot doesnt make it 2 times faster
better spend money on 1 decent card than 2 mediocre ones
>>
>>58032566
>give an example of a game I've played with and without crossfire, on exactly the same system, on the same day, and the average framerates in both scenarios
>>no u
>>
can someone tell me how I can use AHK to toggle "Show icon, never thumbnails" in w8.1?
>>
>>58032777
what are you trying to do?
why not set the registry setting instead?
>>
>>58032510
>Some
SLI is mostly counterproductive.
>>
>>58032510
two weak cards perform worse on a game that doesn't support it (the majority) than a single card for the prize of both.
I've run SLI for a few years, it's shit and not worth the hassle having to figure out which setting would go best.
>>
>>58032897
I've disabled thumbnails so live folders won't show up. I'm using sagethumbs to show the image thumbnails instead but I want video thumbnails too. Can't find anything that would work so I thought I could just use a shortcut key to toggle the option on and off as needed.

Reading the ahk docs now but I'm sleepy and it's all going over my head but also can't sleep until I get this right ;_;
>>
Is it possible to 3D print stuff out of wood?
>>
File: 3d-print-wood-results.jpg (35KB, 800x346px) Image search: [Google]
3d-print-wood-results.jpg
35KB, 800x346px
>>58033137
there are wood filaments.
>>
File: 1466006565.png (304KB, 722x768px) Image search: [Google]
1466006565.png
304KB, 722x768px
I need to put a lot of files (backup) in one somekind of containar, package (like .iso or something) and encrypt it (simple encryption is enough, i just want security from normies).

What tools/container to use to achieve this?
>>
>>58033203
use a veracrypt container.
>>
Tried our some ereaders at the store today (Kobo Aura and the new brand new Aura one something something)
They look pretty nice and the size is good but both of the pieces of shit kept flashing in what looked like night or inverted colours mode when I would switch pages, maybe a good third of the time
Is this common?
>>
>>58033268
my kindle does this too but has an option to turn that off.
it's to prevent ghosting.
>>
>>58033309
Do you use it? Doesn't it rape your eyes at night? It looked annoying as fuck
>>
>>58033328
I've never used it at night, only during the day without backlight without being bothered by it at all.
>>
>>58033203
passworded lzrip container
>>
>>58033328
>>58033349
maybe it was a bit unclear, what I did mean is that I've never used the kindle at night.
Not the screen clear setting. I've never toggled it off.
>>
>>58033349
>>58033408
Yeah I got that, it did bother me at the store but I guess I'll try again just to be sure
>>
i installed arch-anywhere but i can't seem to get my wifi to work, i reinstalled it with networkmanager instead of netctl and same deal. it says it's connected, but when i ping google.com or 8.8.8.8 i get nothing.
>>
If you had your teeth and jaws replaced with titanium then could you bite through steel bars?
>>
>>58033587
no, your muscles wouldn't be strong enough.
>>
>>58033587
You would also need your mouth and skull changed to titanium and add a motor in your jaw.
>>
>>58033575
post 'ip addr'
>>
in laymen's terms, what is the difference between a VPN and a Proxy?
>>
>>58033632
1: lo: <LOOBACK,UP,LOWER)UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKOWN group default qlen 1
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

2:wlo1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group defualt qlen 1000
link/ether b0:10:41:52:e0:04 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 192.168.0.107/24 brd 192.168.0.255 scope global dynamic wlo1
valid_lft 86399sec preferred_lft 86399sec
inet6 fe80::c801:3394:87c6:84d6/64 scope link
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

3:enp4s0: <NO-CARRIER, BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fc_codel state DOWN group default qlen 1000
link/ether 14:58:d0:0d:4c:3c brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>>
>>58033744
proxy:
you send data to the proxy, the proxy forwards it to the actual destination.
the proxy takes the reply and forwards it to you.

vpn:
you connect to a remote network and are now part of it as if you're connected to it locally.
>>
When I install a new graphics card, do I just plug it in and go? Or is there prepwork that needs to be done?
>>
>>58033810
plop it in, connect the power connectors if it has any, connect the monitor to it, install drivers if you OS doesn't come with them.
>>
>>58033830
>install drivers if you OS doesn't come with them
I'm unsure what that means. I use windows 7 and I currently have a gtx 750ti. I'm going to install a evga 1060 SC. Where and will I need those drivers?
>>
>>58033866
generally it'll work, but you do want to install drivers.
especially if you're playing games with it.
>>
>>58033887
will the card not work if I plug in it before the drivers? Do I just google "1060 drivers"? I've never done this before
>>
I need to setup a small database accessible from a webpage, like ASP.

What type of solution/development platfom/hosting is best?
>>
>>58033909
it will work, but it won't perform at it's peak.

get drivers from the manufacturer http://www.geforce.com/drivers
use the manual search and just fill out the fields.
>>
>>58033933
should I uninstall the old drivers before I put in the new card?
>>
>>58033866
>>58033887
>>58033909
>>58033933
750ti is not end of life, the drivers you are using right now are the same ones you're going to us for your 1060
Stop spreading FUD
>>
>>58033913
lighttpd+mariadb+phpmyadmin
>>
>>58033913
if you have low hits you can just use sqlite without needing an actual database server.
>>
>>58033958
do you actually think he ever updated his drivers when he just said
>I've never done this before
>>
New
>>58034017
>>58034017
>>58034017
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.