[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's pretty pathetic that haiku has a better UI than anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: screenshot1.png (30KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot1.png
30KB, 1024x768px
It's pretty pathetic that haiku has a better UI than anything avaible for linux...
>>
>>57956813
>haiku
>better UI
>better
>UI
Have you forgotten?
>>
>>57956813
Is haiku usable for shitposting and word processing?
>>
>>57956858
WebPositive is still very rough around the edges

I don't think it even has adblock
>>
The thing with Linux is that if you put work into it, the UI/desktop experience can be really good. But it does take work, and the hardest parts are often stupid little things that people running Windows or macOS have been taking for granted for well over a decade.

One of the consistently biggest annoyances I had that spanned across multiple distributions back during my multi month stint of exclusive Linux usage was getting volume keys to work consistently and getting the volume tray item work correctly – shit that's just worked unquestionably on other operating systems for ages now.

And no matter what you do, whether running a stock Unity/GNOME/KDE setup or doing a custom minimal WM+taskbar setup you're going to run into the stupid little issues that take way more time to fix than they have any right to. It's practically impossible to get everything exactly as you want it, and it's one of the many reasons Linux still doesn't have a huge desktop presence.
>>
>>57957167
I've been through this as well and found an easy solution in using a popular distro or DE running on not-just-released hardware solves most if not all of these little issues. After that I'd tweak the DE to my liking and then I'm ready for work.

The fact that decently powerful computers are very cheap these days and have been enough to run full featured DEs for quite a few years now makes up for the time that would be invested into whatever fix or optimization could be required to have a good experience in Linux nowadays.
>>
>>57956813
Why doesn't this run on Linux?!
>>
>>57956858
I havent even been able to figure out how to download the "current" Haiku only the out of date one.

I can tell you that BeOS 5 in 2005 was perfectly usable for shitposting, there was even a port of Firefox. I been trying to understand linux at the core for years and I have had a pretty hard time with it. I was able to pick up on BeOS very easily.

As far as UI on linux... What the fuck is wrong with it? Just aesthetics? Those things change, I have a bigger problem that it still is a fucking mess that will fail most of the time because of reasons, how about they focus on making it stable instead of making it look different every few years.
>>
>>57958261
There is ZevenOS if you're fine with just the look but none of the functionality.
>>
>>57956813
VOMIT.webm
>>
File: 1457696455680-1.jpg (193KB, 554x636px) Image search: [Google]
1457696455680-1.jpg
193KB, 554x636px
>>57956813
Tried it. It's a crap.
>>
>>57956813
open/fluxbox or a xmonad/bspwm is better
>>
>>57960605
minus a
>>
>>57958261
Because Linux is trash.
>>
>>57960927
I love this kind of scientifically backed opinions. Feels like i read a thesis.
>>
>>57958461
http://download.haiku-os.org/nightly-images/x86_gcc2_hybrid/

There you go friendo
>>
>>57956813
Ijltifam. WyrtaLiifG/LoaIrttciGpL. LinaosuibrafcoaffGsmubtGcsuavsccafOadbP.

McuramvotGsedwri. TaptoetvoGwiwutioc"L"amoiuanatiibtGsdbtGP. TriaLatpauibiijapotstu.

Litk: tpitstatmrttoptyr. Tkiaepoaosbubi; icofitcoacos. LinuicwtGos: twsibGwLaoG/L. Ats-c"L"dardoG/L.
>>
>>57955555
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.