[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: ImStilLHappy.png (63KB, 180x204px) Image search: [Google]
ImStilLHappy.png
63KB, 180x204px
I'm curious, what made you /g/uys get into technology/computers? What was the back story to it?

love you long time
>>
>>57702500
Autism
Boredom
Lack of social life
Disdain for normies
>>
>>57702500
Having friends who were heavily into tech started me off. Then I joined a very computer-heavy research group in grad school, and that's what really got me into technology as a hobby.
>>
The back story of lolis made me realize I love computers
>>
>>57702500
vidya
autism
normies
>>
Media hoarding and vidya desu.
>>
My dad
>>
File: 56739.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
56739.gif
1MB, 360x270px
Garry's mod made me build my PC a few years back. Basically realised that the games I wanted to play were PC exclusive and went from there.
Basically this >>57703207
>>
Teacher turned code monkey - the money is better and the job is less stressful. I'm not the most stellar programmer but apparently having some basic people skills can compensate for that.
>>
Played MMORPGs around mid 2000s when I was in middle and high school. Then turned to running private server for Gunz the Duel over hamachi. Learned a bit of networking and database stuff. As time went by I got more and more into tech.
>>
File: installGentoo.jpg (9KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
installGentoo.jpg
9KB, 220x200px
>>57702500
Idk really. Maybe this "computers so magical, it can do anything" meme I heard from my tech illiterate parents very often when i was a kid.
So I wanted to be powerfull, wanted being able to create photorealistic pics, music, calculate billions of numbers in one second and feel like some sort of "Data God" (as i remember my thoughts today).
This prompted me to getting into computers hard way, being 10 y/o I studied basic, delphi and Logo (restricted programming language for kids teaching but then I didn't knew this, lol), various windows software that was on DVD with pirated windows XP idk where i get it, and had fun.
Today I feel like I fullfilled my child dream. Sort of. I know how to create photorealistic fake images (photoship, krita). Music (FL Studio). And how to calculate large sets of data in one second (R, python, matlab, scilab, octave, whatever).
Moreover, there is really "magical" things like deep learning in here now, very cool.
But I don't fell like a Data God sadly. Mostly like autistic loser that spent precious childhood in a very dumb way. Ind now i'm here, shilling gentoo on 4chins and spending my adult life in a way more dumb manner. What a sad story.
>>
>>57702500
linux on the ps3 phat
>>
>>57703207
>>57703248
Back to >>>/v/, neckbeard manchild LOL
>>
>>57702500
>first computer I own myself
>runs like shit
>decide windows 3.1 will run better than windows 95
>format but forget to partition disk before rebooting
>fdisk no longer recognizes drive
>actually buy redhat from bestbuy
>installs and works fine
>time to get on the interwebs
>discover the horror of the winmodem
and that's what got me learning about hardware
>>
I used to hang around my aunt while she worked on her Geology PhD. Most of the lab guys were cool and she specialized in remote sensing which is the branch that uses alot of instrumentation.

The lab guys showed me how their USGS sat systems worked and how they got NOAA imagery with some SDR stuff (academic quality). Then my aunt would try and explain her Perl scripts that lookked through sat data to do stuff like quantify aridity of land and how Geological structures further underneath contributed to better soil. She would tell me that complex Nitrogen cycles were informed by geological features which determined a probablistic coefficient to how arid the land was. Aridity would be a feedback system often where foilage would influence tributary shape/flow. Having foilage would also contribute in the creation of better replenishing blah blah blah.

It was all very interesting stuff.
>>
>>57702500
i-is this... a-are you...
pls, stay out of this place!
>>
>>57705061
>Using lol unironically
Look at you bud
>>
>Be me, 11 years old
>Move to a new country at the beginning of summer
>Don't speak local language
>Parents work all day
>3 months left until I start school
>New house so not much in it except for TV an Computer
>If computer breaks, dad's not around to fix it for me
>Have to deal with it myself
So yea, that's how it all started.
>>
>>57702500
Lack of sex
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.