[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /g/ like them so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1479350309314.png (10KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
1479350309314.png
10KB, 302x302px
Why does /g/ like them so much?
>>
>>57661277
It's a UNIX for your laptop that doesn't drain battery-life.
>>
File: Cx9v8qvVIAAHscG.jpg (64KB, 583x703px) Image search: [Google]
Cx9v8qvVIAAHscG.jpg
64KB, 583x703px
/g/ hates them
>>
They made reasonable hardware and still make nice software.

Poorfags didn't like them, but then again they didn't like any computer that wasn't a used thinkpad (which cost more new than the equivalent macbook at any given time)

The new macbooks are nice except for the lack of magsafe.
>Also Apple should have included a (one) USB-C to Lightning cable with the machines, it's non-sensical that Apple's own iPhone and iPad can't connect to the device without a dongle or an extra cable.
>>
If you're willing to use their entire hardware 'ecosystem' together it makes for a pretty decent experience. 'It just werks' becomes kinda true.
But the lack of customisability and the mindset of 'we know best what the customers want' bites them in the ass sometimes.
>>
>>57661316
>The new macbooks are nice except for the lack of magsafe.
This

>Also Apple should have included a (one) USB-C to Lightning cable with the machines, it's non-sensical that Apple's own iPhone and iPad can't connect to the device without a dongle or an extra cable.
This

My biggest objection is replacing Nvidia with AMD. Other than that, the new MBP looks pretty sleek.
>>
>>57661277
>Why does /g/ like them so much?
Because Apple triggers video gaming Wintoddlers. I regularly defend Apple on /g/ even tough I run GNU+Linux exclusively for this reason.
>>
>>57661277
Because Apple has a fucking huge mark up for no other reason then "because we can". /g/ actual /g/ hates macs.

But we have all these stupid new people who like getting anally fisted by apple on /g/ now so I guess /g/ is indifferent to them now.
>>
>>57661316
Yeah, for the sake of $9 they really should have stuck one in like they did with the headphone dongle with the iPhone 7.
And I'll miss magsafe for sure. At least with the right dock/screen you can get everything through one cable.
>>57661328
AMD over Nvidia doesn't bother me too much, they'll always still squeeze everything out of them with the right software. I'm more bothered that they didn't wait for the next set of GPUs coming out before releasing the thing.
>>
>>57661321
>But the lack of customisability
Oh come on... just scrawling your tag over the back of the case isn't customizing.
Perhaps you'd like to tell us what ways Macs fall short of your expectations. Not enough Anime options? No MLP? The loli is too feminine? What is it?
>>
>>57661366
I'm a Mac + iPhone + iPad + Apple Watch + Apple TV-owning macfag. I love all this shit. But I jailbreak a lot of my older stuff and I wouldn't mind it being a bit more open. Even just things like being able to choose default applications (browser, calendar etc.) on my iPhone would be a welcome nod to those who love a well thought-out ecosystem but still like to tinker.
>>
>>57661302
[Citation needed]
>>
it's just post-meta contrarianism and trolling. very few people here actually use apple products.
>>
>>57661277
No, you see /g/ is more than one person. It would be very silly if I made threads and posted replies to my own threads and so on. How silly would it be if I was OP and replying to my own thread right now? I think it would be silly.
>>
>>57661475
I do. I have a mid-2014 rMBP and an iPhone 6s. I love the MBP, but hate the iPhone though. Got duped into thinking that if the MBP is as good as it is, then the iPhone is probably good too.

I love the continuity stuff though, it's nice to move open chrome tabs from the mac to the phone, continue reading on the bus, and when I get home, just move the tab back to the computer and it remembers my position and everything.

I use chrome on it, but as >>57661390 says, it's a bit tricky that safari is always default.
>>
>>57661509
>>>/lgbt/
you're lost
>>
>>57661286
Linux?...
>>
>>57661658
Nice argument.

>>57661702
Linux has nowhere the same battery capacity as OS X.

Also, I'm sick and tired of having to rebuild my graphic card drivers every time my distro finds it necessary to install the newest kernel without asking me first. DKMS was supposed to fix this, but just like systemd, it doesn't help when nobody is making their drivers for it.
>>
>>57661829
>>57661702

>Linux has nowhere the same battery capacity as OS X.

I mean, I literally get more juice out of my box running Ubuntu 16.04 in VMware workstation on macOS Sierra 10.12 than running Ubuntu 16.04 natively on the same computer (used to dualboot, but don't anymore). I don't even understand how this should be possible, except for tight integration with VMware and Apple allowing VMware workstation to fully exploit the power saving mechanisms in macOS.
>>
>>57661277
I don't really like them. I like some of their products though.
>>
>>57661858
vmware is the most power efficient vm for os x
>>
>>57661462
Macfag detected. In you go ---->>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/
>>
File: album.jpg (70KB, 900x770px) Image search: [Google]
album.jpg
70KB, 900x770px
Funny how macbooks have worse specs for price ratio than chromebooks. Although chromebooks can't download apps (some at least), now they have offline features that basically make it function better or equal to a macbook air. >muh emulated games
If you care about games then pick up a chromebook model that plays google play apps/games, emulators like PSX1 are great for you. If you don't have an android device and stick with overpriced iphone drag shit then that's on you.
>>
>>57661277
Okay, let's check if that's true:

https://www.strawpoll.me/11723394
>>
I don't. I use hackintosh for convenience, but to be quite honest if it weren't for a few minor details I'd use something else.

It's just I haven't fucking managed to get evolution to tell me when an email arrives or a fucking calendar notification pops up. It just doesn't fucking happen. Not just that, but it's one of several things.
>>
>>57664965
Thunderbird has been better in my experience with the system tray revived plugin
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.