/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ - Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 59

- PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE --

>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub (embed)

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.
If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last thread:
>>57555702
>>
>>57577348
I have k240s, but I am thinking of getting some HD681s for a friend because I am a cheap ass.
>>
>Budget
$200 max
>Location
U.S.A.
>Source
no amp, laptop and android phone
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
closed preferably
>Comfort level
med-high
>Sound signature
neutral, versatile if you can
>Past headphones
Monoprice 8323, Xiaomi Piston 3, Superlux HD668b
>>
>>57577348
We already have a thread you idiot.
>>
>>57577519
Link?
>>
File: Immortal.gif (369KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Immortal.gif
369KB, 200x200px
How are the hifiman 400i's? They are on sale atm, i listen to pretty much all genres of metal but mostly black metal or black metal with classical elements like pianos flutes violins etc. Recording and mixing quality is usually fucking complete shit on the albums.

Its basically down to hd 650 or hifiman 400i so Im just waiting for hd 650 to go on sale in canada or for someone to state if the hifiman 400i are any good for shit recordings of black metal.
>>
>>57577519
it's dead u jumbo bumbo
>>
>>57577558
Chinkfiman is bad. Wait for another massdrop hd6xx or hd650 to go on sale. Bad because how colored sounding they are.
>>
>Budget
up to 300 euro's
>Location
Belgium
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
don't really care. maybe a preference for open.
>Comfort level
high. wear them for long periods of time.
>Sound signature
as long as it's not mid-centric
>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD 449 - pretty happy with them, but i wonder how much of a difference there would be compared to the best out there.

I would deeply appreciate any advice on this.
>>
These will be workout earbuds

>Budget
$60 flexible
>Location
USA
>Source
Nexus 5x, no external amp
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Sound quality > durability > comfort level
>Sound signature
No boosted bass. I listen to a lot of ambient and prog, so soundstage is important
>Past headphones
AKG K550 (daily drivers for computer work)
Klipsch s4i (loved their sound and comfort. RIP)

Thanks friends
>>
>>57577570
650 are slightly colored as well from what ive heard, just enough to keep sibilance away (which is good for shitty recordings). Ive heard the hifiman 400i are way better than the rest of the hifiman headphones so thats why debating it.

Also massdrop is 100% garbage for non us citizens, I would get dicked like 150$ from customs and redic shipping costs. So the hd6xx are out unfortunately.
>>
File: 41cr96GOgzL.jpg (24KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
41cr96GOgzL.jpg
24KB, 420x500px
So I was looking for some beater closed headphones, no more than $40, I was leaning towards the HD202s, but then I heard about these Panasonic RP-HTX7-W1. From what I've seen people seem to like them. Should I just go with the 202s or are these Panasonics worth a look?
>>
bumping this thread since the other one doesn't have a title

>Budget
$250 max
>Location
USA
>Source
onkyo a-9010
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
doesn't matter
>Comfort level
high
I plan to wear them for prolonged periods
>Sound signature
neutral leaning towards the low frequencies
>Past headphones
Beats studio(they were a christmas gift I swear)
GR07 Bass Edition(I fucking lost them)
>>
Hurry what's the best headphones in all price ranges to buy during Black Friday?
>>
>>57577655
or Cyber Monday
>>
>Budget
$50

>Location
USA

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Full sized

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Reasonably comfy, as long wearing it won't cause me physical pain.

>Past headphones
I've been using the same pair of Skullcandy earbuds for the last 5 years, so pretty much anything will be an improvement.

Completely new to the headphone world, any advice would be appreciated.
>>
What's the best, cheapest amp/dac to drive the AKG K7XX?
>>
>>57578125
whatever is on your phone and/or motherbaord
>>
Looking to pick up my first pair of nice headphones, likely a 558 or 598.

They're open obviously suits me 98% of the time but what about airplanes? Is it going to leak too much or let too much in to be even usable?
>>
>>57578129
Really? Googling it lots of people are going on about how hard it is to drive these... Will try when I get them.
>>
>>57578277
>Will try when I get them.
this is the best way to do it.
>>
>Budget
$300
>Location
US
>Source
Laptop or phone
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Closed. Looking for good sound isolation
>Comfort level
Very comfortable, I wear them like 12 hours a day
>Sound signature
Warm
>Past headphones
I have XPT100s now and had JVC HARX900s before that. Looking for something higher quality and warmer than the XPT100s.
>>
>>57577615
I liked these more than the HD202's. Solid headphones but died after a year of heavy use. Good for the price.
>>
>Budget
Around $250, but that is flexible.
>Location
U.S.
>Source
Directly from desktop computer
>Type
Full-sized
>Open/Closed
Closed. Looking for reasonable sound isolation.
>Comfort level
These will be worn for long periods of time, so comfort is a priority.
>Sound signature
Definitely neutral
>Past headphones
Razer Kraken (received for free from a stream). Dislike almost everything about them. Highly uncomfortable, sound quality is awful, and they're falling apart.
>>
>Budget
~$100,00 - $150.00
>Location
Canada
>Source
PC or Phone
>Type of headphone
Over Ear
>Open or closed
Either or
>Comfort level
I will wear them consistently, so pretty good
>Sound signature
Bassy music but also decent treble
>Past headphones
MEE Audio Woofer buds, Logitech G230, RHA 750i's
>>
Some anon recommended the Bluedio T series. I was wondering which specific type to look out for? Thanks
>>
>>57577434
if you do, get new pads
they need them immensely
also they're extremely treble heavy.
superlux 662 EVO's are a fair bit better since theyre more flat and include velour pads
>>
>>57578221
yeahno you won't want any open headphones on an airplane at all
>>
>>57578880
Either ATH-M40X with HM5 pads, or DT-770's
Both are good options. 770 is slightly more exaggerated compared to the M40x.

>>57579118
Any of them. They're all decent. Anything with Bluetooth 4.X really. The newer ones are better but the older ones are still perfectly usable.
>>
>Budget
200 dollars, but cheaper is better
>Location
America
>Source
Note 5 cell phone
>Type of headphone
something that comes in different colors. its a gift for the gf. on/over ear doesn't matter too much
>Open or closed
doesn't matter
>Comfort level
very comfy
>Sound signature
a slight v shape would be ideal. Or a slight bass emphasis. As long as mids and highs are still clear and nothing is fatiguing
>Past headphones
Soundmagic e10's
>>
File: 598vsm50.png (298KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
598vsm50.png
298KB, 800x533px
I'm torn between the:

Shillheiser 598SE
and the
Autistechtica M50X

I want something with a perfectly flat response and that's very comfortable for long coding sessions. I don't care much about mobility etc.

Build quality I want it to be top notch. Price isn't too much of an issue as long as there's actual value rather than audiophile markup.

If you have a better suggestion please tell me
>>
Oh man the 250 premium DT990s are $196 on amazon
>>
>>57580263
>I want something with a perfectly flat response
you won't find that with headphones.
>>
>>57580263
M50's have like no sound stage.

That alone kills it for me, but that is a bit subjective.
>>
Oh I forgot to do this thing sorry
>>57580263
>Budget
~$150,00 - $250.00
>Location
Australia
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
Over Ear preferably
>Open or closed
Either
>Comfort level
Need max comfort
>Sound signature
Neutral
>Past headphones
ATH-ANC9
>>
>>57580273
Sorry I meant a casual perfect (like, compared to stuff in its price range)

>>57580280
>no sound stage
Hmmmm you know I've had closed cups for so long that I haven't really considered that.

The M40X apparently has a flatter response than the M50X which is trying to compete with nigbeats
>>
>Budget
~$40CAD
>Location
Canada
>Source
Phone and portable consoles
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
Obviously preferable but not the top priority.
>Sound signature
Neutral but I'm flexible as long as it's not skewed too far in either direction.
>Past headphones
HD598 at desktop, currently using MEE M6 for portables.

I'm looking for a pair of IEMs that are durable and sound decent. I bought the M6's based on /g/s recommendation last time but they partially/entirely broke in a year just like every other IEM I've ever owned. I'd also prefer non over-the-ear styled cables if possible since I found them uncomfortable to use laying down.

Or am I better off just buying 20 pairs of cheapo ones and swapping them out as they disintegrate?
>>
>>57580318
I'm in your shoes also, and I plan on getting these

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01AXBKYBA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=QP5IGHEXLR9H&coliid=I2NMVXBOIXWNDP&psc=1
>>
>>57580263
>I want something with a perfectly flat response and that's very comfortable for long coding sessions. I don't care much about mobility etc.
Neither are perfectly flat, though the 598 is somewhat close. The 598 has somewhat prominent mids, and slightly recessed low end. They're extremely non-fatiguing.

M40x have very prominent low end and highs. They can be a little fatiguing after a while. You also NEED new pads, since the stock ones are god-awful.

>Build quality I want it to be top notch. Price isn't too much of an issue as long as there's actual value rather than audiophile markup.
Both are build pretty respectably. Ignore people who spout the 'snappheiser' meme. The newer models are perfectly fine.

Brainwavz HM5/NVX XPT-100 are a much better option than the M50x. They're extremely flat, and come with extremely comfortable earpads.

Though if you really /do/ want something like M50x, look at the M40x. They're still quite bass heavy, but not quite niggerbass like m50x.
And they still need replacement pads.
>>
>>57580351
>Though if you really /do/ want something like M50x, look at the M40x. They're still quite bass heavy, but not quite niggerbass like m50x.
Yeah I think I changed my mind on the m50x now, the nigger bass sounds like it's a bit too much. But they look so cool...

For some reason (((Amazon))) wants to charge much more to deliver the M40x to Austfailia, but good suggestion.

You seem like you really know what you're talking about, open vs closed: does it effect comfort? I'm guessing open has better ventilation.
>>
File: vePhKLkIjeJd0hrO0dv5tZ883SEc.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
vePhKLkIjeJd0hrO0dv5tZ883SEc.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
Any measurements or people who have the new Xiaomi 2DD+1BA Hybrid Pro? Are they better than Piston IV?
>>
>>57580399
>For some reason (((Amazon))) wants to charge much more to deliver the M40x to Austfailia, but good suggestion.

Sucks about amazon. I don't really use it though. But make sure to take a look at eBay or Minidisc. I find both sometimes compete with importing sometimes, depending on the product.

There are also some Australian companies that import US amazon shit. Their prices might actually be competitive.

I got my 598's for $210 AUD off ebay. Cheaper than anywhere else. [Don't think you can find them that cheap anymore though]
A lot of unconventional sites are often cheaper for some reason.

>You seem like you really know what you're talking about, open vs closed: does it effect comfort? I'm guessing open has better ventilation.

Yeah, It does affect comfort a bit. As you said, ventilation. Both through the grill/back, but also due to earpad material. Closed typically has leather or leather like materials that don't really breathe fantastically, wheras open typically uses more fabric type materials like velour, which breathe quite well.

In Australian summers you'll probably want open, as long as you don't have an insanely loud air-con.
>>
How much better is the AKG K702 from the K612PRO? I'm able to pay the extra $50 for the 702, just wondering if I'm getting my money's worth.
>>
>>57580481
702 is worse.
>>
>>57580485
Why is that?
>>
>>57580538
Less neutral. The K612 Pro exhibits the least amount of the AKG 'honk' or metallic upper midrange, it also isn't as bright in the treble.
>>
>>57580473
>I got my 598's for $210 AUD off ebay
You can still get them for the same price off Amadung
>>
>>57580399
ausfag with HD598s here, great for long sessions, not fatiguing at all. would recommend desu
>>
File: CxiwcHQWEAAlHlt.jpg (44KB, 462x430px) Image search: [Google]
CxiwcHQWEAAlHlt.jpg
44KB, 462x430px
>>57580593
Thanks ausbro, it gets really hot here in Perth in summer makes most headphones impossible to use for more than half an hour.

Will order HD598SE then, do you use an amp?
>>
>>57580577
Oh shit, thats actually a good deal.

>>57580593
Second this.

>>57580620
You don't need an amp. They're really easy to drive.
I personally use a 10 dollar DIY one from aliexpress, but the difference is so minimal that you won't really care.
>>
>>57580641
>I personally use a 10 dollar DIY one from aliexpress, but the difference is so minimal that you won't really care.
Links pls DIY sounds like fun, I know in the end its just a DAC after all
>>
>>57580620
melb here but still gets super hot here in summer. don't remember it being an issue

SE looks better than the meme cream colour desu, but I got them on sale like a year ago without even listening to them from a local store online for about $230 I think. just washed the pads for the first time today and ordered a new headband pad earlier today funnily enough.

thinking about getting another pair at some point, maybe 600s most likely.

I use a Rotel RA-10. generally use speakers in the day and headphones later at night
>>
>>57580653
DIY amp, not DAC. Entirely different things.
Either way, here's a link to both my Amp, and a cheap DAC if you're interested

Amp:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Single-Power-Supply-Portable-HIFI-Headphone-Amplifier-PCB-AMP-DIY-Kit-for-DA47-Earphone-Accessories-Electronic/32710062133.html

Here's another one that has more reviews if you want more opinions. Its the same as the other one, so order that one if you want to get one.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Single-Power-Supply-Portable-HIFI-Headphone-Amplifier-PCB-AMP-DIY-Kit-for-DA47-Earphone-Accessories-Electronic/32617561470.html?

Video on the Amp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b3R-JMspV0

DAC:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ZHILAI-H1-PCM2704-computer-sound-card-DAC-digital-input-3-5-USB-external-sound-card-audio/32589666753.html

DAC uses a PCM2704, which is a pretty good chip for non high-end shit.
>>
>>57580570
>AKG 'honk' or metallic upper midrange, it also isn't as bright in the treble.
i thought it needed a while to burn in or atleast for my ears to get used to it, but nope. six months later, it still fucking hurts after an hour or so
>>
File: 1478427593342.jpg (45KB, 363x364px) Image search: [Google]
1478427593342.jpg
45KB, 363x364px
>tfw my new headphones press too tightly against my glasses, making wearing my headphones for too long really hurt above my ears
>>
>>57580727
>burn in
this is the worst meme ever conceived by audiophiles.
>>
>>57580729
Return them and get a better headphone
>>
File: Capture.jpg (78KB, 1157x547px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
78KB, 1157x547px
>>57580718
Do you mind opening the Zhilai PCM2704 up? I tried asking in /csg/ if anybody owned one. I wanted to know if it has capacitors in it like in pic related.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (44KB, 585x499px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
44KB, 585x499px
>>57580718
Oops wrong pic.
>>
>>57580803
I don't own it, just the Amp. Sorry. I worded it a bit weirdly.
>>
>>57580738
yeah, yeah i know - but i didn't drop the possibility (however distant) as they were expensive and i didn't want to believe they were that bad out of the box
>>
Looks like I'm going to be getting 4 pairs of K712 since it's fulfilled by Amazon
>>
>>57580965
why
>>
>>57580970
Better question is how?
>>
>>57580970

incase they break
>>
>>57580986

I happened across a pricing error, they probably meant to enter $370, they went on backorder instantly after I checked my bank account and grabbed 3 more pairs
>>
>>57580999
Ill buy a pair off you if they actually get sent
>>
>>57580965
>>57580999
Thanks, I just ordered 2. Hope they ship.
>>
>>57581010

don't get your hopes up as looking now they're backordered and there was only 6 pairs left when I ordered mine
>>
>>57580718
Cheers m8 I'll order the amp as well, looks like fun.
>>
Daily reminder that 2.0 bookshelf speakers are objectively superior to headphones
>>
>>57580718
>PCM2704
I have this and it's a good alternative if your onboard doesn't work. It powers the K702 even louder than onboard. O2+ODAC is better than both though.
>>
File: 915WBSQ1fig4.jpg (48KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
915WBSQ1fig4.jpg
48KB, 600x420px
>>57581112
>2.0
pls
>bookshelf speakers
you couldn't get more ambiguous than that
>>
File: Smug Frog.png (83KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Frog.png
83KB, 480x360px
>>57581169
http://www.krix.com.au/equinox-mk3/
>>
>>57581169
>posting a graph without title
anon... what's that supposed to depict? i can draw squiggly lines on a graph too in paint.
>>
File: 915WBSQ1fig3.jpg (58KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
915WBSQ1fig3.jpg
58KB, 600x429px
>>57581193
"There is more useful information on the side of a tire than what’s found on most loudspeaker specification sheets"
-Floyd Toole

Holds true there once again.

>>57581203
It's about as useful as saying "bookshelf speaker". That is a quasi-anechoic frequency response measurement of a particular pair of "bookshelf loudspeakers".

http://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-benesch-square-one-series-2-loudspeaker-measurements
>>
>>57580965
these scams have been going on for a few days now,
>>
Essential Foobar components?
>>
>>57581371
waveform seekbar, abx comparator, wasapi output support
>>
>>57581334
Can you explain how the scam works?
>>
>>57581371
SoX resampler DSP, Columns UI
>>
>>57581371
waveform, facets, wasapi, any good parametric EQ
>>
>>57581334

Curious how it's a scam, the seller has 1000+ ratings and is nearly 5 stars.
>>
>>57581393
Waveform seekbar and additional codec support if you are playing back more rare formats like DSD or .tta for example. The converter suite is quite useful too. I don't see value in a new resampler or parametric EQ. Resampler is good already(they just patched in a better one earlier this year) and parametric EQ, while extremely useful, is better done system wide with EQ APO or similar. Exclusive API output support is useful if you need it but it's definitely not essential for most.
>>
>>57581010
I just bought one, hope it ships holy shit that price is insane.
>>
>Budget
75 euros, willing to pay more if worth the dough
>Location
Estonia (small country in Europe)
>Source
Laptop or phone
>Type of headphone
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
I'd settle for even quality and comfortness, but if I have to pick one, then it'll be sound quality.
>Sound signature
I'd go for a warm sound. Rather go for mids than treble.
>Past headphones
Pre-packaged Apple/Samsung earphones or 20€ electronic store discount IEMs. I had Sennheiser HD201's a long time ago and they were pretty good, but too bulky, and by today's standards, kinda unattractive aswell.
>>
>>57581334
>these scams have been going on for a few days now,
Unless they're fakes don't see how it can be a scam if it's fulfilled by Amazon then its up to them to deliver it from their warehouse...
>>
>>57581334
I actually think they fucked up and entered $37.00 when they meant to enter $370.00.

Can Amazon cancel the order?
>>
>>57581695
>>57581741
Like this anon said >>57580999 check your bank account if it cleared. It most likely means it won't cancel. I'm sad. I know I'm not gonna get one.
>>
>>57581762
Damn I ordered when it went on backorder. What's the legal standing here, wouldn't it be false advertising if they don't ship them?
>>
>>57580965
Wow they changed back the price. Congrats to those who've ordered. No confirmation my bank deducted payments yet.
>>
>Budget
$300-400
>Location
Australia
>Source
PC -> Stereo integrated amp
>Type of headphone
Full-sized
>Open or closed
probably open
>Comfort level
comfy
>Sound signature
tighter and more clarity than HD598s but still relaxed sounding i.e. non-fatiguing
>Past headphones
>HD449
>HD598
>>
>>57577348
For 200USD?

>closed
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Closed Back Headphone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JP436TS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_IWbmybVSD0EVN

>open
Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition Over-Ear Headphones - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0126HISOO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_5XbmybF82A3PS

/thread
(fight me)
>>
>>57581817
Wait for another HD6XX drop.
>>
>>57581741
It's not sold by Amazon, it's fulfilled by Amazon. The seller can still cancel.

>>57581797
No.

>>57581797
It's still there, just on backorder now.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DCXWXEI?m=A5ZRC4DPYV13E
>>
>>57581762
just ordered mine also. I don't even care for them, just couldn't resist the deal
>>
>>57581883
>>57581849
I doubt they will honor the deal, make sure to leave them a bad rating when they inevitably go "out of stock".
>>
File: 31934_12075_1.jpg (217KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
31934_12075_1.jpg
217KB, 900x900px
I have a Yamaha Pro 400 and I need to replace its pads.
Are there standard sizes for the pads?
>>
>>57582009
>>57582078
Once is enough m8
>>
File: 1470187733645.jpg (26KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1470187733645.jpg
26KB, 480x270px
HD650 or Fidelio X2 ? I sold my DT880 600 Ohm a few months ago because I grew tired of it's somewhat cold, clinical and mildly bright sound. I want something a bit warmer and musical sounding but with the beyer's comfort and a similar level hifi-ness; and these two seem to be the prime candidates. I listen to metal and IDM / Ambient stuff.

I honestly suspect that by measurements the 650 may be more up my alley as they look a bit more flat and even handed, and the X2's treble looks a little weird. I've never really liked V-shaped sound but I know full well how misleading measurements can be.

I am just considering buying both and using them for a month or two and selling the lesser headphone, if I can't make a decision.
>>
>>57582309
HD600
>>
>>57582331

I prefer the looks, cable and headband padding on the 650, though. And I also would probably prefer the tad extra bass that they supposedly have. I'm also not a poorfag, and the two are only $59AU different here.

So, the decision is between the 650 and X2.
>>
>>57581819
could probably achieve the same with some 518's, HM5 pads and pretty much any solid workable material
>>
File: 1468349165946.jpg (36KB, 405x431px) Image search: [Google]
1468349165946.jpg
36KB, 405x431px
>>57582384
>looks
>mattering

Anyway, 650. The X2 are definitely v-shaped as shown in multiple measurements, so not an error on one rig.
>>
File: zvvkwg.jpg (31KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
zvvkwg.jpg
31KB, 500x574px
>>57582418

Totally agreed! Looks are irrelevant!
>>
File: 1479538966295.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479538966295.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>57582438
Jecklin Float is sexy, faggot.
>>
>>57582450
Cute mailbox
>>
File: dogshit.jpg (169KB, 638x419px) Image search: [Google]
dogshit.jpg
169KB, 638x419px
>>57582438
We ugly headphones now?
>>
File: high priced dogshit.jpg (99KB, 900x1226px) Image search: [Google]
high priced dogshit.jpg
99KB, 900x1226px
>>
>>57581829
how long will this be

I am not in a rush
>>
>>57582711
Who knows. The drop was like a week ago but already has 29k requests.
>>
>>57577605
I've ordered many times from Massdrop to France, DHL shipping was fine and without custom fees.

Including $400+ orders.
>>
File: cat.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
Has anyone actually bought these and can give a review? Can't really find any decent info on them
>>
>>57583629
Jesus christ you'd have to be legitimately handicapped to buy that fucking shit
>>
>>57583686
Got a review m8? I like to read about all types of headphones, not just the best ones
>>
>Budget
$250 flexible
>Location
Norway
>Source
Laptop
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
closed preferably
>Comfort level
med-high
>Sound signature
no clue
>Past headphones
steelseries siberia v1 and prism elite (current)

I aim to switch to headphones rater than headsets, but have next to no knowledge on the subject
>>
>>57583707
No, I don't own them. I'm not suicidal yet.

They are some kickstarted pieces of shit that only really appeals to furries and megaweebs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZtM7gVRxcw
>>
>>57583629
kys
just fucking look at the shit plastic, you dont need review to know its shit
>>
>>57583849
I already know they're shit, I want a more info when it comes to the technical aspect not just people saying that they're shit
>>
>>57580070
Alright I will get those instead.
>>
File: Hd600.png (46KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hd600.png
46KB, 1000x1000px
Anyone know where I can purshase an HD600 that isn't so expensive? It used to be £210 now its £370 on amazon, so I'm wondering if theres any place cheaper I can buy it from, I'm in the UK
>>
>>57577348
>Budget
250e
>Location
finland
>Source
focusrite saffire 6
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
either
>Comfort level
alright for 5 hours of use
>Sound signature
anything goes as long as no recessed bass
>Past headphones
V-Moda Crossfade LP
HyperX Cloud

I wanna buy Sennheiser HD 8 DJs since they are now like 250 in europe, aluminium/well built and should suit my needs, but I'm not sure
>>
>>57584164
Yeah HD8's are a fairly logical upgrade from Cloud Cores.
>>
>>57584196
Thanks, very nice.
>>
>>57578462
Sony MDR-1A. Or Sony MA-900 if available
>>
>>57580402
Isn't that the same? Piston IV and hybrid.
>>
HE400i for $250 HURRY UP GOYIM

https://www.amazon.com/HIFIMAN-HE-400I-Full-size-Magnetic-Headphones/dp/B00MULH672/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479573552&sr=8-1&keywords=he400i
>>
>>57585809
they were 160 euro on taobao a couple weeks ago
>>
>>57585179
I don't think so. Old model had 1 Dynamic driver, 1 Balanced armature driver.
>>
ATH-AD700X vs HD598SE which one is more comfy
>>
Anyone here have the Jotunheim? Thinking about upgrading from the Schiit stack
>>
>>57586286
I've only tried on the HD598 but from what I've heard they should both be fine for an entire day of use
Also depends on the shape of your head, if your head is round at the top you might want to go for the ath-ad700x, if it's sharper you might want to go for the hd598.
>>
>>57586286
Depends really. Both are extremely nice.
Personally I prefer the normal headband design of the 598's, but the winged design of the AD series is also pretty good.

I also prefer the actual shape of the cup of the headphone on the 598's. It's ear shaped rather than a circle, so your earlobe doesn't rest on the bottom of the pad.

Build of the AD700X is also probably a little better, but neither are bad.

>>57586354
NFB-11 is superior to the Jotunheim in terms of sound. Power is hardly an issue unless you're powering the sun. T50RP MKIII's run off it fine. Only costs a little bit more too.
Pair it with your Schiit amp if you're worried.

Only other reason to get a Jot is for balanced output, but the other benefits of the NFB far outweigh that.
>>
>>57586612
>NFB-11
Where the hell do i buy it all I see are jap sites
>>
>>57586687
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB112014/NFB112014EN.htm

Their official site.
I assume shipping is relatively competitive to Schiit gear. I don't live in the US so I'm not sure.

The site looks sketch but its perfectly fine.
>>
>>57586734
That amp paired with my HE400i, how good will that get me? What will I have to jump to for a big upgrade (any component)?
>>
>>57586771
>That amp paired with my HE400i, how good will that get me?
Pretty damn far. A better upgrade than a Jot namely.

>What will I have to jump to for a big upgrade (any component)?
Not too sure what you mean but i'll give a go at answering.

DAC you'll be fine with until an actual new technology arrives. Other than high end shit, you're not going to need to upgrade for a long time.
It's the best affordable implementation of a Sabre ES9018 chip so far really.
Higher end AGD gear is probably the direct upgrade at the moment.
NFB-28 namely I guess. Balanced output and all.

Amp is more open ended. Unless you go to something like Stax or some really weird shit made in somebody's basement that requires Christ's cum to fuel it, you shouldn't have an issue though.
>>
>Budget
100 bucks
>Location
U.S.A.
>Source
Xduoo x2, Android mobile
>Type of headphone
Portable, preferably a sturdy folding design
>Open or closed
closed/semi-closed
>Comfort level
The higher the better I suppose
>Sound signature
neutral, not terribly picky though
>Past headphones
Mdr v6s, akg studio's, currently bumming on VE monks
>>
Anyone familiar with mysterious fostex amp/dacs? What about fostex hp-a4, wanna pair with my hd600.
>>
>>57586612
>>57586734
>>57586931
>unironically recommending AGD trash
>>
>>57587245
Fight me hippie.
>>
File: wat.jpg (17KB, 378x461px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
17KB, 378x461px
>Budget
400 SEK / $45 / 40€

>Location
Sweden

>Type of headphone
IEM

>Open or closed
Looking for good isolation, living in a loud house.

>Comfort level
Comfortable, will be using them in bed.

>Sound signature
Whatever works best with voices, neutral?

>Past headphones
Koss Porta Pro
ATH AD-700X
Sony MDR-V6
>>
What do you guys think of superlux HD330? Will amp make a difference?
>>
>>57587284
Pads are shit. Could probably be replaced. Newer superlux are probably better.
According to head-fi they do need an amp, though it's head-fi, so take that with some skepticism
>>
>>57587230
It will work.
>>
File: 1.jpg (96KB, 1500x1568px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
96KB, 1500x1568px
BEST HEADPHONE
>BEST HEADPHONE
BEST HEADPHONE
>BEST HEADPHONE

Bluetooth 4.1
14 hr battery
80hz - 22000 hz

20 USD
>>
>>57587442
>80hz - 22000 hz
wow that's awful
>>
>>57587442
http://www.portronics.com/muffs-xt.html

>>57587454

>20USD and 14 hrs
>awful

pick one
>>
>>57587482
Why not both?
>>
>>57587482
they can't even claim anything below 80hz on their meme 'frequency response' spec?
>>
>>57587508
>>57587516

because most adults can hear anything less than 80 hz. 20 hz is a meme.
>>
>>57587516
honest indian company. they dont cheat and are known for being upront

http://www.amazon.in/Portronics-Muffs-XT-Bluetooth-Headphone/dp/B01HY10TP8?ie=UTF8&keywords=muffs%20xt&qid=1479581088&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

>>57587526

cant*
>>
>>57587526
>because most adults can hear anything less than 80 hz
I can agree on that
I can even hear down to 10hz B^)

>20 hz is a meme.
if you're shit, maybe
>>
>>57587547
>pajeet garbage
it doesn't matter if they're honesty about it, not being able to go under 80hz is trash. bluetooth in-ears are superior ni every way.
>>
>>57587556
except they cause bacterial growth and infection
and have shit bass due to tiny drivers.

>>57587555

I dare you to got to any frequency site and report back. I bet you stop hearing at 100 hz
>>
>>57587609
your shitposting isn't even funny
>>
i got a giftcard to a hifi shop

they have a lot of headphones but alot of them dont seem like brands anyone ever talk about here, but they do have a ton of audio technica

which cans should i get? what are the best audio technicas? should i blow the entire card on just cans? or should i get cheaper cans and then get some other things? (i have been missing speakers on desktop)

budget is 500 dollars
>>
so I fell for the memes and bought AT m50x after I broke my m30x

why do they sound terrible? they sound much worse than the m30x despite supposedly being a better and more expensive version of essentially the same product
>>
Why are L shaped jacks a thing?
>>
>>57587840
because they are actually worse
M40x are the best M?0 series
m50x have bloated bass and very bright highs.

shoulda just fixxed your m30x
>>
>>57587995
Mobile use. Phones often have the jack on the top, and you have to either rotate the phone 180 degrees, or put the headphone jack in first and risk breaking the jack.

Other than that, they're fucking annoying.
>>
>>57587828
Link to the website of the shop?
>>
>>57587995
because sometimes the 3.5mm input is on tyhe long end of the player
>>
>>57587996
the bass does feel very bloated
damn
I'll return them on monday
>>
File: amp_it_up.jpg (56KB, 990x300px) Image search: [Google]
amp_it_up.jpg
56KB, 990x300px
Just bought a couple pairs of AKG M220 Semi-Open Studio Headphones off massdrop as holiday gifts.

I saw some people saying I might need an amp to drive these... suggestions?
>>
>>57588105
Bullshit
Stop going to Reddit or head fi
>>
>>57588064
it's a local shop (i live in norway) i havent been able to locate their site but they have a ton of denon, audio technica and some bullshit like aiaiai and argon(?????)
>>
>>57588125
sooo, is that a "No you shouldn't need an amp for these" or are you just being a nigger?
>>
>>57588132
Hmm. Might be an issue. You could go in and take photos of all the headphones on offer if you want our input. Otherwise our recommendations are going to be kind of useless if half of them arent even there.
>>
Do AKG K712's NEED an amp or is it just recommended? My DT 770's are a higher impedance and sound fine without one
>>
>>57587840

The m50x are supposed to be the beats competitor, so you actually bought the beats sound signature
>>
>Budget
$90 (hard limit, under if possible)
>Location
Hungary, but doesn't really matter, can order from anywhere
>Source
Android phone and laptop
>Type of headphone
In-Ear
>Comfort level
Doesn't matter
>Sound signature
neutral
>Past headphones
Razer Hammerhead (I know)
HyperX Cloud I

Thanks in advance.
>>
File: snakephones.jpg (412KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
snakephones.jpg
412KB, 1600x1066px
Looking to buy an amp for a pair of k712s that will be arriving soon. Is there any significant difference between cheap chink amps and more expensive ones?
>>
>>57588378
wow i wish coconut audio would do cables for me
>>
>>57588378
only chink amp worth buying is the classic 47 DIY amp
10 bucks and is actually damn good

otherwise just make an altoid CMOY or DIY o2 amp if you want cheap amps
>>
>>57588378
I can imagine the weight from the extra bullshit is going to murder that 3,5mm and mini XLR jacks.
>>
File: headphones.png (1MB, 1462x734px) Image search: [Google]
headphones.png
1MB, 1462x734px
>Budget
$50-$120ish
>Location
'murrica
>Source
pc/focusrite 2i2
>Type of headphone
leaning more toward over ear
>Open or closed
want to try open, but not super important
>Comfort level
Comf. I also wear glasses and have a big head ;_;
>Sound signature
no huge preference
>Past headphones
koss ksc75, pro4aa, sony mdr7506(ded), focusrite cans that came with my 2i2 :^)

I've honestly been using the focusrite cans for the last few months. Am lookin' to find something similar but maybe with a wider sound stage.
Also been pretty interested in some koss pro4s even though they're closed back :^)
I could also use some comfy IEMs for listening to asmr stuff while lying down if anyone would have recommendations for that.
>>
>>57587347
The question is, how it will work. I like my sound neutral detailed and a bit sharp, now HD600 are not the sharpest headphones out there and I wonder what HP-A4 will do with them.
>>
Anyone know how the HD600 goes against the HD598?
>>
>>57588624
HD 598's have more prominent mids, and not quite a flat of a response.
HD 600 is better sounding in general.
>>
>>57588328
https://smile.amazon.com/AUDIO-ear-stereo-headphone-Tenore-ZH-DX200-CT/dp/B0093VVP0Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479585114&sr=8-1&keywords=Zero+Audio+Carbo+Tenore#Ask

I found these for you. I found 2 higher quality neutral iem's but one is more poorly built and the other I couldn't find on amazon and both were more expensive. I've never used these before but the reviews are good. Try google before getting these
>>
>>57588459
can you link me the focusrite cans you have, or describe the sound signature at least?
>>
>>57587245

What's so bad about Audio GD? I keep hearing this meme but as usual, it's never actually substantiated with any kind of actual argument.

I bought the 15.32 new for $250AU free shipping over 3 years ago now, it's been fucking great. Great clean sound with a strong amp that easily drives anything I've plugged into it. It's a nice physical unit, brushed black alu with nice clicky switches and it's not tall so it fits under a monitor etc. It also has good connectivity with RCA for my speakers, and also that it takes spdif input. It's been 100% reliable, too.

My only complaint was very minor, that the drivers needed for windows USB were garbage. I just ended up using optical, far simpler. I also think the Oversampling and filter switches are placebo, I can't hear any difference between any of the settings.

That's all, though. It's a great unit for what I paid.
>>
>>57588974
>chi-fi garbage
>meme 'features' everywhere that are useless
>ugly as sin design with the worst font choice of all time
they just sound terrible in general, their house sound is so sloppy and muddy, any detail is lost, particularly in the highs where i assume they were aiming for a smooth, laid back response and fell very, very short.
>>
File: scarlett-studio-phones2hr_0.jpg (3MB, 2832x4256px) Image search: [Google]
scarlett-studio-phones2hr_0.jpg
3MB, 2832x4256px
>>57588700
I guess they're called hp60. I'm kinda shit at sound signatures, but they sound on the warmer end to me. At least the highs are sorta muted compared to my pro4aa. Their soundstage is suprisingly pretty ok imo, but the only thing I can really compare that to is my ksc75s.
>>
>>57589059
idk man. I think Sennheiser 558's are a bit on the warm end. Superlux 681's too but idk much about them. Both should have better soundstages
>>
I have Porta Pros that are eq'd to match the harman curve and they sound pretty gud. Is it worth getting anything else like Hifiman or what not or should I save my shekels?
>>
>>57586612
>Build of the AD700X is also probably a little better, but neither are bad.
Only problem is the AD700X doesn't have a detachable cord.
>>
Just bought a pair of Shure SE425 for $100, please validate my purchase guys :(
>>
>>57587840
>bought AT M50X instead of AT M40X
you just got a niggerbass headphone well done. These sound AWFUL.
>>
>Budget
$100 max preferrably under
>Location
USA
>Source
Smartphone mostly, PC occasionally
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
comfy, should stay in ears while I'm at work washing dishes or lifting heavy objects and rushing back and forth
>Sound signature
neutral maybe bassier but don't really care as long as it isnt over the top on bass or treble
>>
>>57583629
I did. The comfyness is bretty gud but it is prone to some flaws like the left ear going out if you're an autistic faggot or literally 4.
>>
>>57589430
>like the left ear going out if you're an autistic faggot or literally 4.
??
4 what? what does the left ear going out have to do with being an autistic faggot?
>>
>>57587996
>>57588327
>>57589386
>they fell for the m50x is a meme meme
>>
>>57589454
While the plastic won't break, the left earcup might be prone to going out, or at least from my experience it did.
>>
so do you guys think those 37 dollar 712's are actually going to send
>>
>>57589520
no
>>
>>57589520
Probbably not.
>>
Can I not lock the cable in the 598? The whole point of a removable cable to me is insurance in the event of tripping over the wire, and locking it in defeats that purpose. Doesn't it?
>>
File: 1453308970965.jpg (23KB, 281x349px) Image search: [Google]
1453308970965.jpg
23KB, 281x349px
Hey guys, newfag with amp/dacs here. I have ordered the HE-400i's and im ordering the Schiit magni and modi 2 uber combo to go with it for desktop use only. What cables would i need apart from the 2 RCA ones. is it possible to use a coaxial for PC or can you only use a USB. i see a lot of talk about people saying the USB ports make some type of noise.

thanks for any help senpai.
>>
How much flatter is the HD600 response compared to the HD598? Is it worth the money?
>>
>>57589540
>The whole point of a removable cable to me is insurance in the event of tripping over the wire, and locking it in defeats that purpose. Doesn't it?
The point is that the cable is the most common point of failure in a pair of headphones due wear and tear, followed by the earpads. The point of a removable cable is to easily replace it should it fail, not to have it there as a safeguard from your retarded ass.
The worst part is that companies keep using meme connectors with locked in bullshit instead of standard 3,5mm. Even Beats have that in current year but Sennheiser shit doesn't
>>
>>57589567
yeah it works if you dont twist it
i just have a thing 2.5 male cable and that works fine
>>
>>57589456
You have ten seconds to justify the reason they niggerbassed the M50x compared to the neutral M40x
>>
>>57589765
>the neutral M40x
jesus christ anon
i like the m40x but you have to be deluded to think m40x are neutral
>>
>>57589787
They at least try to be
>>
best headphones for listening to CLASSICAL?
>>
>>57590004
>>
File: 8803.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
8803.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>57589033

>chi-fi garbage
Great argument

>meme 'features' everywhere that are useless
I'd hardly call two small switches to the right of the volume pot "everywhere". I'll agree that they are basically useless (I certainly can't hear any change from them) but in no way interferes with using the damn thing.

>ugly as sin design with the worst font choice of all time
I do think some of the larger Audio GD units looks a kinda ugly, but the 15.32 I have is a pretty plain-jane black brushed alu box with switches on the front. Not a work of art by any means but not what I'd call ugly. (pic related) The text on the unit is quite small, to the point that I basically don't even notice the font enough to even have an opinion on it. On closer inspection I'd probably dislike it if it was actually large enough to matter.

>they just sound terrible in general
I'm not hearing anything remotely terrible from my unit. That said, I am a self-described "warmhead" but I would never say that "any detail is lost" or that they were "sloppy and muddy". I simply don't hear it. Everything I connect it to sounds full bodied, but clear to me. I would be curious to A-B them to another unit or stack but when I've seen other people do such comparisons they've given positive views on it, citing it as a great value unit.
>>
File: 1462288797853.png (198KB, 1400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1462288797853.png
198KB, 1400x400px
>>57589033
>chi-fi
I asked you what was wrong with mine in the past and you didn't reply. Genuinely curious.
>>
File: 5fEuORU.jpg (73KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
5fEuORU.jpg
73KB, 640x426px
>Budget
100-150 euros

>Location
Italy

>Source
Behringer UMC22 for guitar, OnePlus One

>Type of headphone
Full size

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
I have to put them on for 10-12hr/day, so they must be comfy

>Sound signature
Warm/neutral

>Past headphones
Roccat Kave 5.1 headset, now I want something serious

Thank you guys, appreciate any given advice
>>
>>57590112
>I have to put them on for 10-12hr/day, so they must be comfy
Consider getting opens
>>
>>57590018
kys 2bh stupid ass nigga
>>
>>57590112

>roccat kave 5.1

My sincere condolences. I owned those briefly in early 2011 when I first built my PC and could not into headphones yet. I fell for the "Surround sound!" meme pretty bad. Those things were just awful. The heaviest headphones I've ever owned by a country lightyear, absurdly uncomfortable because of that weight and the idiotic headband padding design. Dreadful sound, as well. Get whatever you can to replace them quickly!
>>
File: IS381372-01-01-BIG.jpg (35KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IS381372-01-01-BIG.jpg
35KB, 700x700px
I have an Arial7 Tank that is now falling apart.

Is this the shittest headphone ever?
>>
File: 1453312825359.jpg (27KB, 460x467px) Image search: [Google]
1453312825359.jpg
27KB, 460x467px
Would it be best to use just a USB for my Schiit modi magni 2 uber stack or should i use the S/PDIF option that i have with my motherboard. which would give me better sound.
>>
>>57590269

Optical all day erry day.
>>
>>57590269
Won't make a difference both are digital so you're limited by the DAC quality and codec
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-01+at+10.25.22).jpg (34KB, 349x347px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-01+at+10.25.22).jpg
34KB, 349x347px
>>57590283
I was thinking the same. using S/PDIF would eliminate the buzzing that someone report about using the USB connection right?
>>
>>57590310

I couldn't say in the case of the schiit having never used them. I can tell you with my unit that optical works better and sounds clearer to me (which isn't placebo, I was expecting no difference but it was immediately noticeable to me).

Optical is simple, straightforward plug and play with no fuss, and you save your USB ports. It's just better. If you have optical, use it.
>>
>>57589456
i'm the one who bought them and mad ethe post and they 're right
they sound like boosted garbage
>>
>>57590119
Why is that?
I would really like isolation, I don't think I can bargain isolation for comfort

>>57590170
Yeah, they're so bad they started to "fall apart" after 1yr of usage.

Fucking gayming headsets
>>
>>57590363
>which isn't placebo, I was expecting no difference
You don't really get how this works. It happens even if you don't consciously expect it to.

>>57590269
Just do optical. At very least it should break ground issues and power transmission noise.

>>57589578
If you're only only concerned about the frequency response, it's a very weak value. You can control it by EQ better.
There are other reasons to get an HD600, but you should really think it over yourself.
>>
File: dasqnr.png (145KB, 228x289px) Image search: [Google]
dasqnr.png
145KB, 228x289px
Buying a DAC/AMP combo for around $200.

Is the Schiit stack alright?
>>
>>57590534

It's literally a stack of shit, what do you think?
>>
File: ksgwmc.png (181KB, 390x514px) Image search: [Google]
ksgwmc.png
181KB, 390x514px
>>57590548
Sounds like high-grade audiophile equipment.
>>
>>57590534
The question is why you need a 200 DAC/AMP combo.
Depends on what you're trying to drive.
>>
File: 1476393799024.jpg (42KB, 326x236px) Image search: [Google]
1476393799024.jpg
42KB, 326x236px
>>57590632
My FiiO Andes is too weak to power my current headphones. Also produces a light amount of noise with gain on full.
Figured I'd spend a bit more on something better that'll power my future cans.
>>
File: 1469664762970.png (758KB, 498x724px) Image search: [Google]
1469664762970.png
758KB, 498x724px
>>57590662

>my current headphones

Are you listening to some meme shit that you're embarrassed to name or something? What are they?!
>>
File: 1462431085185.png (67KB, 185x218px) Image search: [Google]
1462431085185.png
67KB, 185x218px
>>57590674
They're irrelevant.
AKG K612. Also Beyer DT 770 but to a lesser extent.

Now recommend me a good DAC/AMP or tell me if magni/modi combo is fine.
>>
>>57590713
So get the Magni and ignore the Modi.
>>
>>57590713
They're just fine, I have a magni uber and it has more power than I know what to do with. You could spend a little less on the dac if you wanted, I've heard dacs mostly sound the same.
>>
File: fugkxe.png (228KB, 251x385px) Image search: [Google]
fugkxe.png
228KB, 251x385px
>>57590777
Well my point still stands about the noise from my FiiO. I'd rather get a new DAC while I'm at it.

>>57590785
Alrighty. Any specific reason you went for the uber version?
>>
>>57590777
>>57590785
man why is this dumb car charger looking shit more expensive than my actual headphones
>>
>>57590090
violectrics are bad enough, shitty chinese clones of them are even worse.
>>
File: ETY.jpg (4KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ETY.jpg
4KB, 300x300px
Anyone tried the ETY-Kids 5? Thinking of buying these.
>>
KZ ATR for $6, KZ ZS3 for $9, or KZ ZST for $14?
>>
>>57585809
Thanks, just picked me up a pair to compare to my HD650s.

I'm thinking I'll sell both of them eventually and get a pair of Audeze LCD-2s
>>
>>57591454
>get a pair of Audeze LCD-2s
why?
>>
Why are KZ ZSTs so much cheaper on Gearbest? Are they fake or something?

Also, will they be trash if I use them to listen to metal?
>>
>>57591476
Why not? I don't need all these headphones, I want to shrink my collection soon and get something I think I'll love
>>
>>57591579
because they aren't good?
>>
>>57591593
Have you tried them? What don't you like about them?
>>
>>57591609
i didn't like how dark and lacking detail they were. they're also heavy as shit and not comfortable at all, especially the headband with like zero padding in it. couldn't wear them for very long.

on the contrary the lcd-xc sounded alright but again, comfort issues.
>>
>>57577572
anybody?
>>
>>57591635
I'm not particularly concerned with detail and don't care about comfort, but I have to try a pair to see for myself.

What headphones do you have now?
>>
>>57591609
>What don't you like about them?
Very reduced upper midrange to middle treble. People seem to care a lot more about this than I do. I think they're stupid.
High mass can make certain positions awkward. Clamping force from pressure distribution and headband padding.
Also, Audeze's build quality isn't quite there.
>>
>>57590815
Because I thought it would be worth it, it's just a metal chassis and a bit more power. I don't need even close to as much power as it gives though, I kinda wish I got a non uber instead.
>>
>>57591007
I already asked you why last time
Just answer already
Why is it bad, and why is it worse
>>
I bought 70 dollar earbuds that are reviewed as "Good for their price", yet on my fiio x3II audio player I cannot hear the difference between them and 10 dollar sony earbuds except for MAYBE a tiny bit of brightness. What gives? Does metal not scale with higher quality gear because of the inherently distorted guitar tones?
>>
>Budget
300-400$
>Location
Europe
>Source
Need one dac/amp, using mac book for now
>Type of headphone
Sennheiser HD600

Have HD600 and I want to get an amp/dac for them. I love how HD600 are laid back and bit warm, but I want more soundstage, clarity and crispiness/sharpness to them (don't really care about bass that much). Any amps/dac combos in such vein? It's for desktop use, but I want it to be portable and not a big box like some amps.
>>
I've got an O2 with a switched headphone jack and RCA output as well. I want to be able to easily switch between headphones and loudspeakers, the simplest way is for me to simply make use of the RCA output on the O2.

Is there any reason why this is a bad idea? I've tried it out and I can't hear any difference on my speakers with the O2 in the signal path and there isn't any noise audible at the max volume I listen to, so it seems like the perfect solution to me. Is there anything specific I should try to test out? Basically, it's like this:
PC --> DAC --> O2 --> Amp --> Loudspeakers
--> Headphones
>>
>>57580709
HD 600 are so worth as an upgrade, I had HD598 and upgrading to 600 was a bliss. Beware tho, HD600 are much harder to drive then HD598, they are somewhat sensitive so they will be decently loud from you pc most likely, but iphone won't drive them.
>>
File: f1.jpg (174KB, 480x605px) Image search: [Google]
f1.jpg
174KB, 480x605px
are these headphones any good? they sell for 30USD on amazon and ebay
>>
>>57592198
>reviewed as "Good for their price"
This is one of my least favorite phrases in audio. It is usually a tell that that the person has no idea what else there is for the price.

>>57592199
>Any amps/dac combos in such vein?
None, if you exclude EQ. Use a parametric EQ to do that.

>>57592299
As long nothing stupid happens like clipping loudspeaker amplifier's input stage, that would work.
Try to keep the gain setting low when feeding the amplifier to avoid that sort of complication.

>>57592335
>HD600 are much harder to drive then HD598
It is just a sensitivity difference.
>>
am I actually going to get my 37 dollar AKG 712's
>>
>>57583629
the review made by linus
>>
>>57592536
Most probably. Be happy they made it unavailable if you click the link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DCXWXEI?m=A5ZRC4DPYV13E

Maybe the lucky ones who've ordered will get it.
>>
>>57592497
>None, if you exclude EQ. Use a parametric EQ to do that.

Well, EQ are another thing and I try not to touch them. What about a neutral sounding dac/amp with good soundstage and clarity?
>>
>>57592340
looks like shit to me
>>
>>57592600
when you look them up, it seemed like there were 2 different "akg 712"s you could click on. they were identical but with slight price differences and different numbers of reviews. what was up with that?
>>
>>57583729

is it for gaming? then the fidelio x2
>>
>>57592497
>As long nothing stupid happens like clipping loudspeaker amplifier's input stage, that would work.
>Try to keep the gain setting low when feeding the amplifier to avoid that sort of complication.
I can't hear any clipping and I don't think it would be possible. The amp's preamp section is rated for ">8Vrms" input while the O2 is set to 2.5x gain and fed a 2Vrms signal from the DAC, so even if I turn it all the way up it shouldn't clip. I never use the 6x gain setting since I don't need to.

Sometimes I wonder if the RCA output is attenuated, because at 2.5x gain I'd really expect it to be much louder than running the DAC straight into the amp, but it's almost the same volume.
>>
File: 1452217419878.jpg (87KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1452217419878.jpg
87KB, 604x604px
I can get the Sony MDR-1a's for 187$ plus free shipping. Is this a good deal? I really want something portable, comfy, and bassy.
>>
>>57591320
Why not all of them?
>>
File: PM1-side.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PM1-side.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>Budget
£2000
>Location
UK
>Source
laptop, willing to buy amp
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
open
>Comfort level
med-high
>Past headphones
ATH M50, Oppo PM2

Looking for upgrade from PM2. Won't be getting rid of them so complementing headphones preferred.
>>
>>57592911
>Why not all of them?
I only have two ears, Anon.
>>
>>57593014
HD650+Jotunheim
>>
>>57593025
They're all relatively cheap and have back ups when one dies.
>>
File: hpg.png (1MB, 1892x635px) Image search: [Google]
hpg.png
1MB, 1892x635px
>>57591913
>Very reduced upper midrange to middle treble.
This is primarily why I didn't like them, but maybe it's just because I'm used to treble being high.
>I think they're stupid.
Rude
>>
>>57577348
>Budget
$120
>Location
Poland
>Source
Genius SW-G2.1 1250's amp to PC, Android phone
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
medium+
>Sound signature
Neutral or v-shaped
>Past headphones
Phillips SHP1900 - they were okay, but bulky as hell and they fell apart very quickly

It'd be great if the cable was detachable / pretty durable and i'd like to wear them outdoors without looking like an autist
>>
File: D3S_7666-1200.jpg (246KB, 1200x1766px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_7666-1200.jpg
246KB, 1200x1766px
Any chance of these going on sale next week? These fucking apple ear buds hurt my ear.
>>
So, what does /g/ set their sample rate to? 44.1 because it's the most common all around or something higher?
>>
>>57593321
44.1 in DirectSound = Windows audio mode.

Or Automatic sample rate with WASAPI

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes
>>
>>57577447
k7xx or a cheap deal on fidelio x2
>>
I want to buy an HD600 and a good amp fo the PC, i want only a good amplifier recommendation to drive the HD600, i want to be able to use EQ/Appo, and use the HD600 as reference to get as neutral as i can other open cans.
>>
>>57593321
SoX resampler to set everything to 44.1
>>
>>57593149

i don´t think so, neither the HD558 or the v6/7506 go on sale since they sell almost all year. You might want to look for a coupon for ebay or amazon
>>
>>57593426
Damn, might as well order them now then. Thanks anon.
>>
>>57592615
>good soundstage
Soundstage is not a physical quality. There is nothing in a wave or vibration that you can point to and explicitly call soundstage.
It's a subjective experience that you put together from how your brain understands physical stimulus.

>I try not to touch them
Why not?
>neutral sounding dac/amp
Most are, if you exclude output impedance issues (unfortunately a little too common) and the weird stuff marketed to audio nuts.
You can start with something like the Schiit Fulla dongle.
If you want something powered and mobile, I haven't paid attention to that. I wonder how the HA-2SE or the JDS C5D are.
>>
>>57593671
>There is nothing in a wave or vibration that you can point to and explicitly call soundstage.
PRTF
>>
What's the SMSL M6 like in comparison to the Schiit stack? Is it as powerful?
>>
>>57592198
>Does metal not scale with higher quality gear because of the inherently distorted guitar tones?
Genre doesn't matter with audio quality.
It could just be that the "Good for their price" set wasn't very good. What is the model anyway?

>>57593717
>PRTF
Not familiar with that term.
In this context I know HRTF (head related transfer function) and its Fourier dual, the HRIR (impulse response). If you blandly copy the response in either domain, you duplicate the (linear) sound exactly. That has been known longer than audiophiles have been around.
Even so, you don't know very much about the sound other than to duplicate it for all coordinates r, θ, and φ.

A problem with "soundstage" is that the sound stimulus is mixed up with all the other senses, and knowledge about the sound source. There still is the matter figuring out how the brain interprets the mass of sensory information.
>>
>>57594179
>Not familiar with that term.
Pinna-related Transfer Function
>>
File: beat-by-dre-studio-6.jpg (62KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
beat-by-dre-studio-6.jpg
62KB, 775x500px
just got these new for $30,
thoughts?
>>
>>57594433
(you)
>>
Not too bad for $30 desu.
>>
>>57594473
>>57594433
>>
>>57593014
Focal Elear with a Magni+Modi or a Jotunheim
>>
>>57594450
>>57594482
i don't get this meme
>>
>>57580271
I don't really know what the big difference is with the premium and pro but if you just wanted a straight cable take a look at the Dt990 pro black edition. It's the cheapest version out there and features a straight cable.
>>
>>57594733
I prefer coiled cables and the aesthetics of the 990 Pro over the premium. I love my DT 770s, and I have been thinking about getting 990s.
>>
>>57593014
May as well consider electrostats too. Maybe a stax L700 + SRM-353x if you want brand new.
>>
>>57594564
>elear
no
>>
>>57594754
I'm looking at the 990 PRO 250 ohms and they're only 100 bucks right now. Coiled model with that sexy pro design. The premiums are usually way more expensive than the pro models and I really don't see why besides maybe a supply issue.

I like my 990s after I used them for a bit and the clamping force lightened and I got used to the sound. I was actually thinking of replacing them for the 770 since I have a roommate now but I decided it would be too much work. If you want to get them I'd recommend not getting the black model because I heard people say the pads are worse. 100 bucks for the good pro model is a fucking steal too.
>>
would I be better off getting my gf refurbished beats solo 2's for 80 bucks, or shilling out 200 for brand new Sony mdr 100aap's?
>>
File: 51GcFh5wXyL._SY400_.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
51GcFh5wXyL._SY400_.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
DT 990 Pro 250ohms is on a lightning sale ($100) that will end in less than 3 hours for anyone interested.

Great deal if you are interested in an open backed dt770.
>>
File: gGqoeXY.jpg (640KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
gGqoeXY.jpg
640KB, 1280x850px
>>57594864
>sexy
Released in 1985. Now 31 years later.
>anon says it's sexy
Still sexy to this day?

https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/company/once-today.html
>>
>>57580263
I feel for the 598se meme and they are horrible. Sound incredibly muffled probably cause of the velour pads. I even got an amp and still same shit. m50s which I own are waaaay better.
>>
>>57594864
I didn't see that they were down to $100. That is very tempting. I like the contrast of the silver earpads, they look much nicer than the black ones.
>>
>>57595204
There are generic brand black velour pads on the market that some people think are the ones used in the black edition. If you get the gray brand you know you are getting what you paid for.

Cannot confirm this but I'm just putting that out there. I also prefer coiled cables so I'm kicking myself that I already bought the black ones.
>>
>>57594967
>$100
Oh fuck, I'm really tempted after missing the meme 6XXs,
>>
File: Fidgeting KyoAni.png (391KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fidgeting KyoAni.png
391KB, 800x480px
Should I go for the DT-990 Pros? I don't have an amp right now, but have been wanting better headphones.
>>
>>57595537
They'll probably need an amp and most people either hate them because of their highs or love them because of their highs.
>>
>>57595537
I love the 880 pros and you could get the 32-ohm version if you don't want an amp. That said a FiiO E6 is like 20 bucks and works fine with the 880 pros.
>>
>>57595649
>32ohm DT880
Not worth the lowered impedance.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comparison-beyerdynamic-dt-880-32-ohm-dt-880-250-ohm-and-dt-880-600-ohm-headphones
>>
>>57595613
how would you describe their highs?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (173KB, 1773x785px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
173KB, 1773x785px
Kind of relevant to the above replies. People keep recommending the Superlux HD668B's for some reason. Pic related. It compares to DT990. Source: Superlux Catalog.
>>
>>57595665
I have a pair of 770's, but not 990's. People who like the 990's generally say the highs are clear and beautiful, while people who don't like them generally say they're VERY sharp, painful, and unpleasant. It all depends on how treble sensitive you are I guess.
>>
So are the Momentum 2.0 any good?
I can get a pair for a pretty good price from an AD which is rare in my third world shithole.
>>
>>57592340

>soundblaster
>a fucking usb cable

You'd have to pay me to use those.
>>
>>57594837
you make a really good argument autist
>>
>>57595754
get mad you faggot shill
>>
>>57595760
make me betamax
>>
Move to the new thread guys
>>57595853
>>57595853
>>57595853
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.