[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what.cd is kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 42

File: panic.png (65KB, 858x459px) Image search: [Google]
panic.png
65KB, 858x459px
https://twitter.com/whatcd/status/799361175117070336

OH SHI-
>>
Great, so my data is in who knows who's hands now.
>>
Welcome to 5 hours ago, retard.
>>
PRIVATE KEK TRACKER ELITIST KEKS BTFO

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH LOOOOOOOOOOOL

312KEK KYS
>>
Took fucking long enough, I swear. What sucks is I had made a request like 2 years ago for one specific album and it just got posted for me a few days ago but I've been on a VPN and What.cd wouldn't let me get the fucking file for their own stupid dumbass reasons.

Fuck 'em.
>>
>>57562452
no
>>
>>57562452
Good.
>>
fuck whatcd and fuck a free internet
>>
>>57562524
they said they are destroying everything.
>>
>>57564314
So they were raided but they had time to destroy the data first?
>>
>>57564329
tthey raided proxy servers which don't store anything incriminating for users. when they raided those useless servers [in terms of user data] what.cd pulled the plug and erased everything on the servers which hold account info and all that good stuff.
>>
>>57564329
>So they were raided
https://twitter.com/whatcd/status/799435387634614272
>>
>>57564341

Source of that?
>>
>>57564350
i've seen a bunch of posts that it was "reverse proxy" servers that were raided - and that what.cd wouldnt be stupid enough to store user data with that company in france.

what.cd has made multiple posts that they wiped the user data.

can't prove either but thats the word going around.
>>
Can't wait to see how much the admins made off stealing donations
>>
File: watcig-sm.jpg (16KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
watcig-sm.jpg
16KB, 184x184px
>join our super secret club they said
>take an interview they said
>what's the worst that could happen
>>
THAT'S WHAT YOU DESERVE FOR DOWNLOADING ILLEGAL SHIT (o:
>>
Sucks, but it couldn't happen to a nicer group of elitist ratiocucks.

Meanwhile, Pirate Bay is still going strong after I don't even know how many fucking raids.

Information wants to be free.
>>
WHERE DO I GET MY MUSIC NOW?
>>
>>57564525
Rutracker
>>
>>57564534
I used that before whatcd they don't have shit.
>>
>>57564544
Then buy the music fag.
>>
cyber criminals BTFO
>>
I don't care I long got all the music I wanted.

Anything else I can grab on slsk or public trackers.

Nothing of value was lost with what.cd shutting down
>>
>>57564549
>music is no longer for sale anywhere
What now?
>>
>>57564570
Discogs or suicide.
>>
File: 1476016365112.png (411KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
1476016365112.png
411KB, 500x503px
>>57562452
PTG NEETS BTFO ONCE AGAIN HEHEHEHEHEHE
>>
I expect everyone to upload their shit to piratebay
>>
>>57562452
Finally pretentiousness falls, may something equitable takes its place
>>
File: 13123.jpg (25KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
13123.jpg
25KB, 600x333px
>tfw joined a year ago
>sitewide freeleech begins first month of membership
>download over 6,000 albums
>set for life
>over 500 gb+ buffer
>feelsgood.jpg
>WCD is kill

welp, at least I got most of the music I wanted
>>
>>57564592
Nah they will just make another one which will die in a week. Like they would ever give their super secret shit to the public after obscuring it for so long.
>>
>>57564592

I expect them to run to one of the smaller music trackers like waffles in the mean time.

There is probably a small army of what.cd neets who are frantically trying to setup another site to be elitist on because their life now has no meaning.

Hopefully the result is a more public tracker, but I expect more rampant elitism secret club
>>
taking an interview to download warez

lelelelelel cuck.cd fags
>>
File: The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg (59KB, 400x624px) Image search: [Google]
The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg
59KB, 400x624px
It's pretty hilarious how many anons aren't even trying to hide how butthurt they are for never getting an invite

I've never even used what.cd but it's still pretty sad that it went down.
>>
File: 1467490285134.png (788KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1467490285134.png
788KB, 1000x1000px
>>57564615
True.

Man these ptg NEETs are way over their heads
>Muh super secrit hax torrent club
>FBI can't POSSIBLY get invited
>Paying to torrent
LMFAO
>>
>>57564382

>w-we deleted everything! Honest.

Enjoy your v& when the admins get snatched up and make a deal.
>>
>>57564668
I got into what after doing their interview. I never downloaded anything after joining because of their stupid-ass ratio system.

Ratios are for cucks.
>>
>>57564570
Literally everything is for sale always, and i don't mean that as the Internet "literally" i mean literally Literally. You just aren't trying hard enough.
>>
>>57562639
What album?
>>
>>57564668
nice try, whatcuck

I got 5 invites during its existence but always got b& for ratiomastering my way to the top
>>
File: 1410662773218.jpg (49KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
1410662773218.jpg
49KB, 340x565px
>>57564691
>v&
>downloading uncopyrighted torrent metadata
>>
File: 1468618167499.png (14KB, 333x293px) Image search: [Google]
1468618167499.png
14KB, 333x293px
>>57564668
How about not paying to torrent?
>>
>they had to rip shitty albums from bandcamp so they could download what they wanted unless there was freeleech

wew
>>
Good riddance. Hopefully someone will make a new one with a sensible ratio system.
>>
>>57564681
I think they're fine being strict on rules (not to the degree they do) but it's just dumb how it takes so much just to join
>>
>>57564668
Beyond what jealously is you need to realize the insanity and oppression of these trackers when they could easily go without
>>
hope my anime isn't next
>>
I ws overdressed for the what interview so they didn't let me join guess these fags never seen a true armani suit with a Dior tie.
>>
>>57564765
Perhaps when you start to hit a ratio below 1:1. your download speed is throttled and continues to decrease as the ratio gets lower. More peers you have more seeders you get to connect to. Not sure how this could be implemented if it were possible but I think that would be fair and would encourage seeding.
>>
Forgot to mention the higher your ratio is the more peers you get or something like that.
>>
>>57564831
How about just getting extra ratio for time spent seeding? works way better when you only share 500MB files that building a proper ratio is impossible on
>>
>>57564831
BCG had the best bonus/ratio system if you leave your torrents 24/7.
>>
>>57564668

It's not hard. Everyone knows someone with a invite. I asked on fb and multiple people offered a invite.

Worst case you do a stupid interview but fuck that.

Stop acting like what.cd was a good way to run a private tracker.

> One free leech a year
> what.cd picks like 6 times a year that are shitty music cause what.cd mods have bad taste.
> Anyone with a big ratio has a seed box and starves anyone who doesn't do it
> People wonder why folks dislike what.cd

Only way I got the music I wanted was free leeches. I lucked out and shortly after being invited a free leech hit, and then after that seeded 24/7 to have enough ratio to pick up a album I really wanted, but I mostly just bookmarked for the next free leech.

What.cd should have had points for seeding and had a diminshing system for encouraging folks with crazy ratios to download stuff or put it to bounty's

There is no reason someone having massive buffers. It actively hurts the community.
>>
>>57564846
They should drink bleach.
>>
>>57564831
That's not how the torrent protocol works.

This whole concept of ratios and private trackers is anathema to torrents anyways. Torrents are about rapid, efficient, distributed information sharing, not l33t seekrit clubs.
>>
>>57564879
Don't get me wrong I'm no fan of the secrit clubs either I don't use them or really torrent anymore. I was just spit balling a system which a bunch of neets could use without it being complete shit. I do admit I lack knowledge on how the protocol works in detail so I thought it would be too good to be true.
>>
>>57564389
>Can't wait to see how much the admins made off stealing donations

1. spend countless unpaid hours keeping the website wunning
2. fear for your liberty when it's seized by the police
3 profit!
>>
>>57564864
i have a decent connection, maintain good 2x upload ratios on all the private sites im on, but just maintaining a 1 ratio on what was a complete pain in the ass for me, i just gave up at some point because it just wasn't worth the effort and it was almost impossible to compete against all the fucks with seedboxes starving the pools.
>>
Waffles.ch (formerly .fm) has also been down for well over a month. Could it have met the same fate?
>>
>>57564917
The short version why it's not possible is that the clients in the swarm negotiate transfers among themselves - the tracker is not involved in the process.
>>
>Got in because of CBT invite thread
>Got PU
>Never really used it
I still have waffles, I'll live
>>
>>57564951
they haven't made any announcements so i'm biting my tongue. they've had hosting problems for a while, but now that what is dead i wouldn't be surprised if it lights a fire under their ass and they get it back in shape

or they could just say fuck it....
>>
>>57564957
>>57564951
Or maybe not...
>>
>>57564964
Exactly what I was thinking. Waffles now has the chance to rise to the top.
>>
>>57564931

I'm in the same boat. Some weeks I didn't even get 100mb up , seeding 4000 torrents. That's fucked.

Everyone there had the stuff they wanted, so new users seeding get nothing except from other new users.

I seeded stuff where I was the only seed most of the time or there were 1 or 2 other folks. Why am I not rewarded for keeping torrents alive? I get way more ratio seeding super popular stuff that doesn't need more seeders.
>>
i literally read the interview thing once and went into an interview and got in within the hour, i dont get what all the fuss is about

but yeah today is a sad day, i don't even wanna thing about all the music that was lost forever
>>
>>57564977
the funny thing is, for the first 3 or so years after oink died, waffles was the best music tracker. then what came out with gazelle and they quickly became #1. i think the interview system was more to do with that though, anyone could get in what if they just read up on some stuff, waffles was strictly invite only
>>
File: 1464839179192.png (9KB, 426x364px) Image search: [Google]
1464839179192.png
9KB, 426x364px
I've always used public trackers and have never had a problem
>>
>>57564864

that's the problem with private trackers with strict rules
you create a community where nobody downloads stuff

that's why I like private trackers that offer open registration during the year, bonuses for users and generous freeleech windows; you recyle your users and don't make them hostages of their ratios
>>
>>57564926

Lel
>>
>>57564990
i really dont understand why they didn't implement the point system. it's completely reasonable. i'm looking through my client right now and i've had torrents from what seeding for half a year and they aren't even .2. lol.
>>
File: wee wee.jpg (106KB, 1024x872px) Image search: [Google]
wee wee.jpg
106KB, 1024x872px
FUCK ALL OF YOU FROGS

FUCKING FRANCE. Take your baguettes and berets and shitty accent and liberal bullshit and shove it.

I can't even explain how mad I am at EVERY god damn frog on this planet. I already hated the French but this settles it.
>>
>>57564997
True. I guess the gazelle interface was that much more appealing. Waffles stayed behind with the old Oink interface. I do hope Waffles comes back.
>>
>>57564995

Big fuss is that you're taking a fucking test to get free music.

It's also as stupid as sites that have a pay for invite. Pay for ratio credit.
>>
>>57565006
Yeah they're alright but there's no quality control and poisoned swarms are literally everywhere. I've gotten 3 strikes now from the six strike program because I used Popcorn Time to stream a couple of movies.
>>
>>57565041
desu i like the oink/waffles interface, i don't have problems with it

i pretty much never used 80% of the stuff in gazelle. the artist pages were nicely organized with all the different album sections and stuff like that, but to me it really wasn't that big of a deal. i'm just used to the standard oink/waffles layout
>>
>>57564346
one of the comments is like
>I was a member for 10 years
now your twitter profile is on a list
>>
>>57562452
Good they are a bunch of cunts

asking for interviews and shit.
>>
>>57565029
>buttmad whatcuck
I'm glad the frogs shut down that autistic shithole.
>>
>>57564549
I refuse to use streaming services or DRM services.

Where can I buy stuff that doesn't distribute the files similar to Bandcamp?
>>
>>57565063

There is no reason you can't have a tracker that does quality control. What.cd could have done this, just be a open tracker with quality control.

Despite what people say, folks usually seed because they want to give back.
>>
File: folder.jpg (114KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
114KB, 700x700px
>mfw you realize that some music is already free
>>
>>57562452
Good night sweet prince. You will be missed.
>>
>>57565063
>I've gotten 3 strikes now from the six strike program
What is this?
>>
>>57565118

> Mfw music that was free was on what.cd and wasn't Freeleech
>>
>>57565087
>asking for interviews and shit.
http://pastebin.com/9aQXmRyQ
>>
>>57562452
This is why I've always been opposed to private trackers, they're pretty much a donation scam and they hurt file sharing more than they help by fragmenting it and isolating it.

Public sites like kickass or piratebay have survived thanks to being more of an idea rather than a file sharing cuckshed

What's worse is that gtards love private trackers and call themselves redpilled
>>
>all this butthurt

hilarious, and those people pretending they were in are just sad
>>
>>57565139
>donation scam
are you retarded? no, seriously
>>
File: we shoot.jpg (174KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
we shoot.jpg
174KB, 1024x768px
>>57565087
>they're cunts for asking me to know something and actually contribute rather than just downloading everything I want and never seeding

What never needed fags like you. And what's replacement won't either.

What and waffles replaced oink...think about this, the internet (or some open network data sharing equivalent) will exist for the rest of human's history, people will like music for the rest of our history, and people like downloading for free.

You can't fight the inevitable. And what's successor will go down some day. And then it will have yet another successor. I am utterly pissed that what.cd is dead, but it was only one of many. We will be pirating flacs and v0 and have great music collages and similar artists pages and the great What community again, soon. Pirates always win. Even Denuvo was cracked....we get hurtles throw our way but we never stop running.

Also, fuck all of you frogs.
>>
>>57565116
But what about the leech to upload ratio? And all the poisoned swarms that would arise? Look at RARBG their content is quite good but the contributions are atrocious.
>>
File: IMG_0909.jpg (72KB, 960x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0909.jpg
72KB, 960x404px
>>57565133

>mfw people paid to pirate free music
>>
>>57565158

Yes they are cunts for this. It's free music, not the sat.

You don't need to know what the different formats are. All you need to know is to seed and why it's important.

When you upload stuff you can take a interview.
>>
>>57565139
>they hurt file sharing more than they help by fragmenting it and isolating it.
The counterargument to this is that private trackers promote quality and longevity of their content by being so restrictive. Public sites have pretty much no quality control plus potentially thousands of dead torrents.
>>
and all of you will join the new tracker about to be made, to later complain like little bitches for not getting special treatment or because things are not the way you want
>>
>>57565158
>We will be pirating flacs and v0
RIP V2 for good, although it was pretty dead when whatcd existed
>>
>>57565189
kickass was public and had enough quality control to become the most popular tracker in the world.
>>
>>57564668
>butthurt for not getting an invite

Good thing having an invite and not having an invite is the same now.
And if you haven't got an invite you won't even get a knock on the door from the feds :D
>>
>>57564329
You best hope they destroyed it better than Hillary did her e-mails, cuz they have literally every transaction from the beginning of time from IP history to download and upload lists stored.
>>
>>57565178

You don't need everyone to seed.

Poisoned swarms are a issue, but easily solved with a VPN or living in a non cucked country.

It's not like stuff on public trackers isn't seeded.

Part of why some public trackers have poor seeding on less popular stuff is the people who would seed it would rather use that bandwidth to build ratio on private trackers.

Private trackers cucks are the worst for being Jews on public trackers.
>>
>>57565158
t. seedbox cancer
>>
>>57565189

> Longevity
> Not using dht

Pick one.
>>
>>57565132
The six strikes program is something in which all the major ISPs, the MPAA, and the RIAA colluded. Whenever the MPAA or RIAA catch you pirating something, they alert you ISP. You receive a warning and so on and there's penalties the more strikes you get, and by the 6th you'll likely get your service terminated.
>>
>>57565235
just stop, what.cd was perfect without you and with their rules
>>
>>57565224
You're right, kat pretty good but it wasn't even close to the same level of overall quality as a decent private tracker.
>>
>>57565248
I thought americucks are supposed to be free.....
>>
>>57565235
>the people who would seed it would rather use that bandwidth to build ratio on private trackers

I can see that. VPNs cost money but it's a solid investment.
>>
>>57565257
>what.cd was perfect
AYY LMAO
>>
>>57565109
Outside of bandcamp I don't buy digital. I buy the physical version. If it's rare try discogs.
>>
>>57562524
what data? Your IP?

>>57565189
this. Public trackers are generally shit, full of retards that seed at 5K/sec.

>>57562452
what back when?
>>
>>57565155
What.Cd ran on donations, it would be foolish to assume the people at the top of aren't profiting off it in some form or another, even if they're being somewhat transparent about how they steer the ship.

>>57565189
I will admit lack of quality is true to an extent in some public trackers, but that can be easily solved in a variety of ways.

Private trackers simply can't compete in terms of resilience, once the day of the raid comes there's no turning back.
>>
>>57565313
>but that can be easily solved in a variety of ways
You're seriously so delusional.
>>
>>57565270
yet I can still find kickass torrents on various mirrors and they're still well-seeded. Meanwhile... whatcuck torrents....
>>
>>57565247
Doesn't matter if you use dht if you can't get people to actually seed their shit. On a tracker people were usually incentivized to seed long-term.
>>
>>57565257

I was on what.cd

Probably higher user class than you lol

Doesn't mean what.cd wasn't cancer
>>
>>57565302
private trackers are a treasure chest of data since they save everything you've ever done not to mention that what forbid vpn usage.

plus they got their hands on the irc servers so who knows what chat logs remain.

deleting everything you have on your frontend server doesnt help when you lost access to all your backend servers.
>>
>>57565339

How did that work out for what.cd? Oh all the torrents are gone while I can still download stuff from dead trackers who supported dht

Lel
>>
File: oh my.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
oh my.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>57562452
top kek
good bye to all those flacs, good riddance.
>>
Kek. Leddit faggots BTFO:

"I can't really begin to explain how much of a loss this is.
This was the biggest digital repository of music the world has ever seen. Spotify, iTunes, even Oink in its prime were kittens to what what.cd built.
I made this analogy in another thread, but it was the digital library of Alexandria for music.
It inspired me to learn about audio engineering, learn how to program, and most importantly, introduced me to music that changed me in ways I can't even begin to put into one tiny little box.
I was a part of the community for almost ten years. And it's a part of my life I'm going to have to look back on fondly.
And I don't regret a second of it.
EDIT: I know I'm the top comment in the memorial thread right now, so I'll ask. If anyone has any idea where the merch is, or can potentially get me more what merch, let me know. I just want a memento or two that's not a digital file.
EDIT: Also, greatest greatest comment of my life, written on my alt. I'd give the gold to the what staff if I could. I'll never be the same person because of the community they built and protected."
>>
>>57565402
annnnd this is why i hated what, it was filled with people like this

i was on what within a month after oink died too. it's a fucking website that had a lot of music.... it sucks that it's gone, but really, it's just free music
>>
>>57565116
How do you have quality control without incentivizing your users?

Admit you have no clue what you're talking about
>>
>>57565439
Exactly. The elitism was insane. By the way, that post has 1000 point and x2 Reddit gold whatever the fuck that is.
>>
THEY HAD TO TAKE A FUCKING INTERVIEW TO DOWNLOAD WAREZ

AHAHHAHAHAH
>>
>>57565388

LOL
>>
>>57565469
You don't seem to understand what elitism means.
>>
File: 1469620929089.png (162KB, 306x321px) Image search: [Google]
1469620929089.png
162KB, 306x321px
>mfw fuccbois actually got down on their knees and sucked dick to get into that site and it just shuts down
>>
Who cares, private trackers suck.
>>
If empornium ever gets taken down I'll probably kill myself.
>>
>>57565388
The autists on what.cd probably still have their collections on seedboxes or whatever the fuck and can still upload elsewhere. Those torrents from dead trackers surviving solely on dht, who knows how long they'll last? At least on what.cd you were all but guaranteed availability for as long as you were in on their sekrit club.

With dht it's more of a gamble is all I'm saying.
>>
>>57565493
elitism (countable and uncountable, plural elitisms)

The belief that a society or system should be run by an elite.
The superior attitude or behaviour associated with an elite.
>>
File: bestojou.jpg (243KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bestojou.jpg
243KB, 1280x720px
>>57565402
>the biggest digital repository of music the world has ever seen
>make it so you can't download shit
>encourage seedbox faggots
>doesn't encourage seeding obscure torrents with 1-2 seeds

Fuck them. Look at ADC for example of a good ratio/bonus system.
>>
>>57565493
Yeah my bad. It's not the proper word, but it gets the point across. You know what I mean.
>>
>>57565534
how much you wanna bet the guy who wrote that post has a seedbox
>>
>>57565534
What does ADC stand for?
>>
>>57562452
nice!
>>
>>57565569
Not the guy you're responding to, but that guy definitely has a seedbox.
>>
>>57565081
But I don't have a twitter profile
>>
>>57565572
asian dvd club
>>
>>57565469
>>57565493
Elitist-ism? Is that better?
>>
>>57565402
>digital library of Alexandria for music.

You'd think people would have learned after the first Library of Alexandria that this shit tends to not last.
>>
>>57565643
muh fuckin scrolls
>>
>>57565643
seriously fuck libraries
>>
>>57565643
Yeah it's too bad. But it wasn't at all that good.
>>
>>57565670
Eh, it was pretty good.
>>
>>57565695
Yeah but Waffles is great too. What just became more popular.
>>
>>57565714
is waffles still around?
>>
File: .png (67KB, 592x482px) Image search: [Google]
.png
67KB, 592x482px
>>
>>57562452
Why don't they just upload the music to cyberlockers now? Or are those fucks crying about losing everything afraid of the lack of exclusivity of their music now? Can't have it both ways.
>>
>>57565751
What an obnoxious faggot
>>
>>57565773
u mad
>>
>>57564570
Then it's past its time. Keep up with the times, gramps.
>>
>>57565773
u mad
>>
>>57562452
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>57565725
Yeah. They've been down for 3 weeks for unknown reasons though
>>
>>57562452
I'm glad those elitist fucks are gone.
>>
>>57565773
I don't believe he shut them down. He doesn't have the power.
>>
File: eMule-icon.png (43KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
eMule-icon.png
43KB, 256x256px
Bit Torrent was a mistake.
>>
>>57565856
You were a mistake and yet you're still kicking around making a fuss.
>>
this thread is literally full of people who only listens to top 40 singles, dadrock, and weeaboo music
>>
>>57565872
But what about dat indie garage rock?
>>
>>57565856
>Emule
What went wrong ?
>>
>>57565872
What do you listen to?
>>
>>57565910
Classical music
>>
>>57565910
gay sex noises
>>
>listening to music
i thought i was on >>>/g/ not >>>/lgbt/
>>
>>57565931
Got em
>>
>>57565903
People bitching that it took weeks to download moderately rare files

But you'd always get them eventually.

Meanwhile dead torrents as far as the eye can see.
>>
>>57564549
Where can I buy a "music fag"?
>>
>>57565921
Uhhh classical music! You must be an aristocrat! Pleasure to make your acquaintance, good sire!
>>
File: 1407731073963.jpg (611KB, 2301x1834px) Image search: [Google]
1407731073963.jpg
611KB, 2301x1834px
>>57565910
Type 3+.
>>
File: 1478653255634.jpg (190KB, 1234x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478653255634.jpg
190KB, 1234x1024px
i told all you idiots years ago these sites were honeypots

next up: people begin getting copyright notices
what.cd is under subpoena to shut down and hand over all databases to the FBI
>>
>>57564570
>Some incredibly rare albums I want are finally being sold on a secondhand website
>They're fucking expensive because they're old and rare
>Don't have the money for them currently
It's only a matter of time until someone else buys them. At least there's a chance they'll be resold again. I had to completely give up looking for one because it's as if it didn't even exist. All the artists deleted their Twitter accounts, some didn't have those or any contact information in the first place. Shit blows, mang.
>>
>>57564525
TowerRecords
>>
oh no how can I drink recruiter semen now?
>>
File: 1368817921850.png (21KB, 355x345px) Image search: [Google]
1368817921850.png
21KB, 355x345px
>>57562452
Privatecucks B T F O
>>
>>57565903
>hey kid want some cool videogames? too bad here's child porn fuck you
>>
File: Untitled.png (12KB, 363x499px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12KB, 363x499px
just think how much of my money would have gone to lazy drug addict musicians without wcd.

I replaced my whole collection with FLACs over the seven years I was a member. pretty much set for life. new music is easy to find but entire discographies not so.
>>
SoulSeek
>>
Data hoarders need to end themselves.
>>
>>57562452
was a member for who knows how many years, doesn't bother me one bit. enjoying the tears tho.
>>
>>57565872
>t. idiot who thinks highly of himself because he used what and goes to /mu/
it's ok being delusional, just keep it to yourself.
>>
>>57564705
find me that Fist in Fetus EP and i'll buy it
>>
Where can I download my KPOP now?
>>
File: Ratio.png (8KB, 707x266px) Image search: [Google]
Ratio.png
8KB, 707x266px
>>57564694
>I never downloaded anything after joining because of their stupid-ass ratio system.

wcd ratio table is pretty good desu
>>
what.cd is dead

get music from https://chiru.no/dl/notanime/what.cd/
>>
>>57562452
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA fucking faggots

I'm so happy you guys don't even know.

My next target is PTP. Secret clubs are no longer safe you queers
>>
>>57566749
but Anon, why do you want to kill piracy? what do you want to attack those nice and active internet community?

What did they did to you to get you that angry?
>>
>>57566738
>wcd ratio table is pretty good
It's the shittiest of all private trackers.
>>
>>57566762
worse than trackers that require the "one" ratio?
>>
>>57562452
Finally.
>>
>>57566759
anything that takes itself seriously deserves to die
>>
>>57566762
this is true. the only good thing about it is it galvanized people to upload/fill requests more
>>
>>57566781
i tip my fedora to you, sir
>>
>>57566781
>government deserve to die
so you are an anarchist? why are you against piracy then?
>>
So am I stranded? No what.cd no private trakers? Who's going to do the interviews? Why just one site to get to the others?
>>
File: 1466903168611.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466903168611.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>get invite to """"private"""" private tracker from 1 of the gorillion users who use it
>time to up my ratio because of muh ratio bullshit
>seedbox
>private tracker gets shut down
>laughs are had
>call those laughing fox and grapes because I got an invite to a supposed sekrit klub that got shut down and they didn't
>even though they never would have had any value lost if they got an invite anyway
>>
>>57566801
what are you trying to do
>>
File: dumbell_curls.png (852KB, 657x1220px) Image search: [Google]
dumbell_curls.png
852KB, 657x1220px
>>57565751
>>
>>57566807
>getting invited this late in the game
>>
>>57566832
The greentext isn't from my perspective, anon-kun
>>
File: russell_narrowweb__300x404,2.jpg (34KB, 300x404px) Image search: [Google]
russell_narrowweb__300x404,2.jpg
34KB, 300x404px
>>57566014

No but seriously, what would be the best place to torrent the new series?
>>
File: satensmug2.jpg (157KB, 560x570px) Image search: [Google]
satensmug2.jpg
157KB, 560x570px
>>57566759
>nice and active internet community
cheeky
>>
File: kotomine_finding_joy_in_life.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kotomine_finding_joy_in_life.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>57562452
>lol is your public tracker down?
>reminder that this never happens with private trackers!!!1!!
Elitists get FUCKED
>>
>>57566853
The cycle is just much slower with private sites.
>>
>>57566853
mane
no amount of sugar is going to make those grapes sweet
>>
>>57566853
this happens intermittently from time to time though, no one argued otherwise. like how oink died and wcd popped up
>>
>>57566853
this nigga mad he never got invited lmao
>>
>>57566863
>>57566874
identical (same) homosexual (fag)
>>
File: 1453902480597.jpg (91KB, 750x797px) Image search: [Google]
1453902480597.jpg
91KB, 750x797px
TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN
>>
File: file.png (86KB, 593x588px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
86KB, 593x588px
>>57565751
silly Shkreli
>>
wtf i hate france now
>>
>>57564534
DELET THIS
>>
Fuck and I just wanted to join this shit.
Where to get music now?
>>
File: Xbox-Music-Update.png (170KB, 640x364px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-Music-Update.png
170KB, 640x364px
>>57567625
>>
>>57564771
>how it takes so much just to join
So much? All you had to do was pass a simple interview.
>>
>>57567942
>kickass
>thepiratebay
>>
>>57567625
kazaa
>>
>>57567992
>hit and run
>mutt rips
>imperfect FLAC rips
No thanks.
>>
File: 1450792082265.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450792082265.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
Post yfw privatecucks got BTFO
>>
>>57565012
What had no intention of being anything other than a tracker that caters to the same type of person who thinks using an extension to access ExHentai deserves a ban and some form of dogpiling, and as a result, the userbase that didn't enjoy being a SEKRIT KLUB INTEGRITY gaylord was forced walked on eggshells

What got insane in terms of absolute authority regarding invites and who gets to stay - even after getting an invite. I got in painlessly via established What community maintainers that may or may not be connected to oldfag goon pirates, and the idea of a friendly private invite network infuriates the admins like you wouldn't believe, to the point where a month ago, they started banning pretty much EVERYONE that got in via an SA connection, including me, despite my ratio being fine

The people inviting had to quit cold-turkey in order to save their asses, and their parting comments made it sound like they were getting grilled hardcore, in a "you'll never work with a hypersecret tracker again" kind of way. It didn't matter if the invited people were shitty seeders or not, the only thing that mattered was plugging the SA hole and sending a message, and they did the same thing with other big sites that had other exclusive/non-exclusive offsite communities, topping it off with a brand-new rule, "As of the time of this announcement, we no longer allow users to offer their invites on other private trackers", meaning you pass the autistic near-impossible interview or GTFO

They found this shit out via their usually-silent snitches on any suspect tracker and didn't see anything weird or psychotic about the lengths they went to stay hidden, despite these fuckers SELLING BRANDED MERCH

A replacement is already happening, but the fact they're getting the BTN founder means that it's gonna be sekriter and klubbier than ever, and if Waffles was looking to make a comeback and grab jaded ex-What people, now's the time
>>
>all these torrent sites dropping like flies

poorfags are getting BTFO left, right and centre. This year is great.
>>
>>57562452
PTG FAGS BTFO AND ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
File: sup.gif (135KB, 434x400px) Image search: [Google]
sup.gif
135KB, 434x400px
WHATKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>57565248
are you for real? do you live in the us?
>>
>>57564717
Derek Miller with Double Trouble
>>
Good job I have a libble.me accountas backup. I expect the selection will improve a lot there now.
>>
Do something useful fa/g/gots and help out here http://mutracker.org
>>
I did one of those interviews for some anime torrent site but they deleted my account because I never downloaded anything since there is literally no point to work for ratio when you can get anything on public trackers.
>>
>>57564525
The CD store goyim.
>>
>>57566759
10+ years on the internet and no invite to ptp did that to me.

I hope FBI and cia take them all down
>>
Can someone explain to me why trackers don't have a tor, i2p and ipfs mirror. Not only this would make it practically impossible to shut it down, but it would also help make these technologies more popular in the event that clearnet sites got seized.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>listening to music
>>
>>57569155
Unable to track users IP addresses to prevent people making multiple accounts
>>
>>57569261
>listening to ur mum getting BLACKED
>>
>>57569155
TPB does have an onion mirror. Or several.
>>
>>57565029
Stay mad in your eu east shithole m8.
>>
>>57562568
really though, private trackers are a meme

make a real torrent magnet host site and stop being pussies
>>
>>57567977
That you needed an interview and the invite to get in the first place or already atrocious
>>
>>57564681
well they were alive for 9 years.
i don't know too many torrent sites (with that big of a notoriety) that have that long of a history
>>
god damnit where the fuck am I supposed to download Metallicas new album now
>>
>>57565751
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57562529
Damn, you are so cool and edgy, btw hows your life with FOMO going?
>>
ALLAHU ACKBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
>>
>>57562452
IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE?
>>
>>57569450
>Metallica
Nice bait
>>
>>57565751
I love Shkreli.
Always stirring the pot.

Also it's what.cd's fault for banning him.
>>
>>57569283
Who cares though?
>bbut muh sekrit club
The whole idea of 'muh skreit club' actually being a good thing was to protect against raids - which clearly doesn't work.

Going FULL public with massive redundancy built in should be the way forward, not digging in and hiding even further.
>>
>>57567055
Hahaha, it's like watching people on /b/ arguing who's the oldest oldfag.
>>
>>57569450
>Metallica
>not Ozzy Osbourne
>>
Private trackers are just for autistic neckbeards. Joined one once and it was pointless - couldn't download anything without ruining my ratio, couldn't upload anything because of all the seedbox faggots.
Literally everything is on public trackers anyway
>>
>>57565402
This is what you sound like when you defend what.cuck
>>
>>57569563
>not getting the War on Napster reference
>>
Meh ive had what for 2 years and got eveything i wanted in those two freeleaches and then some. I never was a seedcuck because i got all my buffer from those two days. Its like i got the best of both worlds.
Also shkreli is based
>>
>>57569572
>pointing it out
>>
>>57569589
>implying
>>
>>57565751
What did what.cuck mean by this
>>
>>57565964
Kill la kill yourself I listen because a few Russian composers have entertaining music.

It would be nice to have FLAC files like from what CD but I just stream to avoid the insane autism.
>>
>>57569631
>Russian composers

If only there was a public tracker catering to that.
>>
>>57569669
Oh fug
>>
>>57564534
They often take shit from what.cd, fucker. They're gonna feel it.
>>
The only private trackers that are worth it are the ones that are permanently on freeleech.
>>
>>57569062
Holy shit this
>>
File: 4L_CmYz2M3c.jpg (59KB, 482x523px) Image search: [Google]
4L_CmYz2M3c.jpg
59KB, 482x523px
>mfw log onto 4chin and see this shit

It was fun while it lasted. Digital hoarding and info hoarding is passé these days anywho. Get outside, hang out with people, have sex, enjoy life.

If you're super super upset, you need not be. It's out of your control, and thus out of your worry.

You don't need that "bob dylan live 1973 in bono's basement studio album" that was out there. Relax.
>>
>>57564382
Authorities were monitoring traffic for the last few months and some American users have already been charged. More charges are coming.

They also know who the site admins are and several have already been apprehended by French police. Like all computer criminals, they'll be begging to snitch on the entire user base after a few nights with Tyrone and the prison niggers.
>>
>>57569738
>It's out of your control, and thus out of your worry.
>I can only be concerned about things I can control
This is the most retarded shit I've read all week.
>>
>>57566704
If it's the same Fist in Fetus, you can download the songs from their site.
http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=67079
>>
>>57569741
proof on any of this?
>>
>>57569608
they fell for the shkreli bait
>>
If the raided servers were just proxies and not main servers why did they wipe everything?

Don't they have backups?
>>
>>57565446

> He didn't remember a time before private trackers and how quality was fine

Lel go cry about your 'loss' elsewhere. I hear Reddit has a thread
>>
File: 1477094071835.jpg (393KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477094071835.jpg
393KB, 1280x1080px
>>57568039

Wat
>>
>>57564926
>Unpaid
You must be pretty naive to think that they didn't make a lot of money off of what.cd.
>>
>>57569870

They are idiots and probably didn't have a offline backup. They probably thought they were invincible.
>>
>>57562452
>Slowpoke's Own Tempo
>>
>>57569911

Lel people believe this. Autists bought that merch like you wouldn't believe
>>
Downloading GApps and Spotify right now...
YOU CAN'T WIN THE BOTNET.
I AM GOING CRAZY !!!!!!!
FUCKKKKKK
>>
I had to jump through so many hoops to get into that fucking site, just to download a grand total of 2 GB of data before it shuts down.
>my country's banned from the interview
>get a waffles invite from a /g/ thread
>grind up to a PU on waffles
>beg for invite in waffles PU forum

And now they're both fucking down and I'm stuck with rutracker aka 128 transcodes and mutt rips.
>>
>>57569975

Proof autism never pays off.

Stop being autistic anon, it was just a website with free music
>>
>>57562452
Meanwhile everyone of us who is not a weabo faggot who only listen to obscure korean pop garbage is still downloading FLAC from rutracker like we did in the past 10 years.
This whole private tracker eletism bullshit is a bigger circlejerk than reddit.
>>
>>57569975
>I'm stuck with rutracker aka 128 transcodes and mutt rips.
You are such a fool.
>>
>>57569838
you fucking dunce
>>
Fallen ETM here. I met good people in irl from this site.
>>
>>57570010
Does ruTracker have any Tibetan throat singing?
>>
>>57570014
Have you ever downloaded mp3s from there and looked at their spectrograms? Or are you talking about the whole disc APE rips that you have to cut up and convert to something usable yourself? Anyway, they have maybe 1/3rd of their selection in that format.
>>
>>57566840
it was a great community, though. not for everyone, but what is? private clubs are private for a reason
>>
>>57570054
>muh spectrograms
Thank god morons believing this meme are now scattered. Without seeing the lossless spectrogram you have no idea what the spectrogram should look like. If the producer slapped a low pass shelf or ran through some "warm" hardware them the spectrograms could well look like transcodes even when recorded directly from the mixing desk.
>>
>go to youtube
>copy music video url
>paste it on video downloader
>download song
>covert from mp3 to flac
>profit
im from /o/ and im smarter than you lol
>>
>>57570014
He's not a fool, he is just a retard spreading fud.
I downloaded a fucking shit ton of stuff from rutracker an I still have to find a lossy to lossless transcode.

>>57570052
Exactly what I was talking about: retarded gook shit only a weabo would give a shit about.

>>57570054
Why would he ever do that?
Most of the stuff on rutracker can be found in FLAC with split tracks and CUE.
>>
>>57570115
>Exactly what I was talking about: retarded gook shit only a weabo would give a shit about.
What about Spectralism or Xenharmonism?
>>
>>57570115
He is a fool because he has no idea that a lot of the content on what.cd was from rutracker and also a lot from what.cd was uploaded to rutracker. Believing that they are magically perfect because they are from what.cd is silly.
>>
>>57570115
Autists got BTFO while normal pirates are unaffected. Good times.
>>
>>57570083

This folks are the same people who spend thousands on audio equipment talk about how important that $30 opamp is how much of a difference it makes, without realizing that the audio went though hundreds if not thousands of cheapo tl072s at the mixing desk.

People need to get off this quest for perfection, it's just a path to wasting time and money. If you have to look at a scope or spectrometer to tell the difference there is no difference.
>>
>>57569738
>can't have sex while seeding
>>
>>57570069

Thing is what wasn't a great community outside the autistic levels of music organization.

And to be real here, lot of music on what.cd had bad tags and should have never made it to the site. - I'm talking shit like l33t_-_-_hakr_-_-_+++**"warze_-_##$@4elea$e-++-_&)())().group.co.uk.wareZ.biz shit being on the tags.

Popular stuff didn't have that but lot of the less popular more obscure stuff had it and it should just have never.
>>
>>57570144
but muh flac os superior to mp3 :^(
>>
File: 1470823002571.jpg (41KB, 625x389px) Image search: [Google]
1470823002571.jpg
41KB, 625x389px
>torrentz
>kickass
>what.cd
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRPOEa3P44
Did we do something to upset the federales? They seem to be more active than usual.
>>
File: 1426353712403.jpg (126KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
1426353712403.jpg
126KB, 492x492px
>>57566862
>>57566866
>>57566874
look at these privatecucks
>>
>>57564525
Soulseek lel
>>
Tonight we're feasting on tears.
Friendly reminder that 312cuck was out of the loop on this one.
Seems like he's not part of the big boys anymore, the dumb goof.
>>
>>57570202
Don't forget Blackcats
>>
>>57570245

Black cats is kill too?

Lel
>>
>>57570245
+sciHD
>>
>delish was a side-dish of what, thusly dead forever
>>
Romanian trackers dying like flies :czteam, tekken, 0day etc
>>
>>57570202
>>57570245
Not torrent but Lolita City is down too
>>
IPT,TD & co are doin fine, probably fully honeypots by now
>>
>>57569368
This. The only thing private trackers do that public ones don't is let people shove their dick in everyone's faces. There aren't any actual benefits to them.
>>
So does this mean I'm lucky to still have a Waffles account? Or will /mu/tracker finally take off.
>>
>>57562452
It sure seems that the world will become great again
>>
>>57570361
>/mu/tracker
was shit
>>
PRIVATE TRACKER ELITISTS ON SUICICE WATCH AHAHAHA

they're a meme, and yes I'm a member on several sites but public trackers have everything I need and no need to worry about ratios

use a VPN if you live where you get letters in the mail for torrenting
>>
>>57570190
i guess our experiences might differ here. i never took part on the whole "muh sikrit club" elitism bullshit, i was there for the music. there were assholes of course and a lot of wankers with a "muh taste is better than yours" mentality, but i just ignored them. it is your choice to not engage in that, you know. all that aside, there were a lot of well informed, sane and helpful people in the forums, particularly in the power user and elite areas, with which i had a great time talking. i never dealt with the staff so i can't comment on them.

i will miss the sheer amount of music the site made available to you, the great bands that i discovered thanks to the similar artist recommendations, and specially the request section where some bloke would find you obscure pieces of SW in a heartbeat.

to all the idiots complaining about ratio cuckoldry and seedboxes: fuck you. you were supposed to give to the community, and that's what the request section was for. i bet it never enter your mind to upload obscure shit people might be looking for, and build ratio from bounties.
>>
>>57565326
You do realize that the files on private tracks can exist on public trackers too, right? Being private doesn't magically mean that it can handle files that other places couldn't.
>>
>>57570083
>spectrograms could well look like transcodes even when recorded directly from the mixing desk

Except they don't 99.99% of the time. But this is what an average '''320kbps'''' rip on rutracker looks like. This is from a brickwalled modern rock album.
>>
are there backups of all the torrents and metadata? It can not take more than 1TB at most if you drop images can it?
>>
>>57570389
>getting letters in the mail for torrenting
What? Is this even a thing?
>>
>>57565903
Chinks are now the biggest users
>>
>>57565248
I downloaded a discography and got an email from attorneys saying that they'ed sue my ass if I didn't pay up $300.

The land of the free.
>>
>>57570438
Nice cherry picking faggot.
>>
>>57570469
It's not picking when the whole orchard is cherries.
>>
>>57570485
But it is not, most of the stuff on rutracker is legit.
Beside that, I still don't understand why you would download MP3 when superior FLAC is available.
>>
>>57570550
Because most of the time it isn't if you venture anywhere outside mainstream serf shit.
>>
does this mean it is finally safe to turn on DHT without having neckbeards armed with thinkpads and katanas from aliexpress break down your door?
>>
That's what you get for forcing me to change my password you faggots.
>>
>>57564691
Nothing can be proven with metadata only, so shut the fuck up.
Also implying v& before anyone actually gets fucked by the cops makes you look retarded. Give it some time.
>>
>>57570426

Yeah. I just didn't go on the forums. I looked at the tech section and hardware /audiophile stuff and face palmed and just never returned.

The amount of music was awesome though and it was mostly well organized.

On seedboxes, unless you were keeping them up for rare poorly seeded stuff you were just hurting the community. You're stealing ratio from folks who don't have fast pipes ( but many folks seeding at slow connections ment downloads were still fast) basically seedboxes users were making it impossible for people to build ratio, those seedboxes users sat on big buffers they didn't use, that new users could use

Uploading rare stuff or filling requests isn't a option for some people. You shouldn't be disadvantaged because you don't buy music and fill requests. Torrenting is about keeping your client open and seeding what you think is valuable and worth sharing.

People who say folks need incentives to do this are kids who don't remember when filesharing was about the sharing and not about having a number next to your name.
>>
>>57570441

Yes. The surprising thing is people give a shit.

I get them all the time, and into the bin they go
>>
>>57571295
seedboxes wouldn't have been so much of a problem if they had a fucking point system like so many other trackers have now

filling requests and all that shit took way too much effort and most people don't care enough about doing all that elaborate crap just to maintain a decent ratio, so the easiest way to get a good ratio was to just buy a seedbox or get lucky and download a bunch of useless crap that you'll never listen to in a freeleech.

it's honestly just fucking stupid
>>
>>57571403
i sourced a couple rare albums from the request list and got enough ratio to be set for life. in retrospect, spending 30 or 40 euros for those albums in order to have access to the biggest music database in internet history doesn't seem like much, it's literally 4 months of spotify premium. but that's just me i guess
>>
>>57562568
this
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.