[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 58

File: Q0vFcHd.png (152KB, 1948x858px) Image search: [Google]
Q0vFcHd.png
152KB, 1948x858px
Glorious OOP edition.

>This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have. If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here

>Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.

>If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here

>Use
>>>/g/sqt
>as a link to find the sqt thread

Old thread: >>57546291
>>
>>57556867
im just afraid if I change my CPU (which means id have to change my motherboard because its not the same cpu socket type right? or am I wrong) to something else my other components won't fit together properly or something
>>
Has anyone tried Visual Studio for Mac? Does it werk?
>>
>>57557194
pcpartpicker will tell you if anything is incompatible.
>>
where can I get an OSX 10.11 ISO file or something

need to reinstall a 2009 Macbook Pro from scratch
>>
File: 1392586237568.png (50KB, 418x513px) Image search: [Google]
1392586237568.png
50KB, 418x513px
>>57556847
>>
>>57557433
One of the two reviews there say it's blurry. And it's not even memecurved OLED.
>>
Today I noticed that there's a LICENSE file in the bin folder of a piece of software my company develops. It contains GNU General Public License text and it most likely comes from some linked 3rd party library.

Is it even legal? The software in question is a closed source product and is certainly not free. Wikipedia says this about GNU GPL "derivative work can only be distributed under the same license terms". Does it mean only modified versions of GNU GPL licensed libs have to carry the same license or software that links them too?
>>
I need windows 7 and a license but I can't find anything on the web

What do?
>>
>>57557545
>I need windows 7
that's where you're wrong friendo
>>
>>57557498
If it's something other than LGPL, it may be illegal.
>>
>>57557545
Windows 7 really isn't worth the time. Just checking for updates, not even downloading or installing, takes longer than installing, configuring, and updating Ubuntu. If you need Windows for games, they'll run much better on Windows 10.
>>
>>57557625

> If you need Windows for games, they'll run much better on Windows 10.

/v/ says otherwise
>>
File: ௵.jpg (147KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
147KB, 500x375px
>>57557667
>/v/
>>
>>57557667
I'm not saying we're all some kind of experts here but why on earth would you trust /v/ more than /g/?
>>
>>57557748
Still, I really need Windows 7, how do I get it?
>>
>>57557810
You really don't.
>>
>>57557810
Are you an computer science student? You might be eligible for a free copy.

If not either buy it or pirate it. Also, for games get Windows 10 you retard. It supports DX12 unlike Win 7.
>>
How can I delete someone elses facebook? Or log into their account?
>>
>>57557893
Go to amazon and search "Windows 7"

Are you retarded?
>>
>>57557893
I know I can pirate it but I need a license
>>
File: windows-10-update.png (60KB, 728x390px) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-update.png
60KB, 728x390px
Where is this, exactly? I went to the advanced settings of Update and it's not there. The articles I've read implies the disable should be on my home version as well.
>>
>>57557923
With their password
>>
>>57557923
Focus on improving yourself, and try to avoid becoming addicted to self-necessitating products.
>>
>>57557923
1. The person needs two factor authentication
2. make sure the phone number set up with it is attached to their current sim card
3. pretend to be their carrier and call them asking to send you their sim card
4. profit
>>
I can't download Windows 7 iso any more from Ms official site and I need a license

Can anyone help me please?
>>
>>57557545
Search for this stuff and verify the checksum

>File Name: en_windows_7_starter_with_sp1_x86_dvd_u_678562.iso
>SHA1: E1653B111C4C6FD75B1B[REMOVE THIS FUCK 4CHAN SPAM DECECTOR]E8F9B4C9BCBB0B39B209

you should be able to find it somewhere, being on some shady webhoster or torrent

then go find daz loader 2.2.2
>EXE SHA-1: 0efc35935957c[REMOVE THIS FUCK 4CHAN SPAM DECECTOR]25193bbe9a83ab6caa25a487ada
>>
>>57558099
Thx
>>
Audio question:
Setup: Passive speakers + speaker amplifier for desktop + DAC/headphone amp combo.

If I want to use the speakers with the speaker amp and the DAC from the headphone amp and obviously the headphones with the headphone/dac amp do I need a dac/headphone amp with pre-out or not?
This is really confusing me.
>>
I bought headphone amp from schiit, magni 2u for use with hd600. I use my laptop audio out as my audio source
Now there is static/buzzing, I thought this could be shit dac in my laptop but if I put my hand on the amp while listening to music the buzzing sound subsides.
Why does this happen and will buying external dac fix it? (I dont mind buying it but I also dont want just to throw money away)
>>
File: file.png (13KB, 480x220px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
13KB, 480x220px
Update from yesterday.

I've finally managed to get the basket, almost working. I can send the ID of the item into the array and display it. How do I display the rest?

>addtoCart
if (empty($_SESSION['Cart'])) {
$_SESSION['Cart'] = array();
}

array_push($_SESSION['Cart'], $_GET['Id'])

?>

>Display basket
<?php

var_dump($_SESSION['Cart']);

$whereIn = implode(',', $_SESSION['Cart']);

$totalItems = count($_SESSION['Cart']);

echo 'You have : ';
echo $totalItems;
echo ' product(s) in your basket.';

foreach ($_SESSION['Cart'] as &$value) {
echo "<p>Item ID: $value";
}

?>
>>
>>57558329
>How do I display the rest?
What rest? Please give some more context
>>
>>57558416
Oh sorry.

So the database table I'm trying to use is called 'differentItem' and contains an ID, Description, Brand and Price rows. Each of them filled with data. I can get the ID of one item to be displayed in the array, but I can't get any of the other rows to be displayed.
>>
>>57558479
Use PHP's mysqli functions to query the database and print the results
>>
Is a factory still a factory if there's only one class it can create?? Pls respond
>>
>>57558553
oh wait, I solved the issue. Well, sort of. I know why I'm only getting ID at least.

<form action='addtoCart.php?Id=$Id&Description=$Description&Brand=$Brand&Price=$Price'>
<button type='submit' value='$Description' name='Description' class='btn btn-primary'>
Add to basket</button>
<form>

So in this form, but button value and name was originally ID. I changed it to description and now it's showing Description. Any way you can add multiple values/names to a button? I was using hidden input types with the values/names, but I figured that was totally working. D'oh.
>>
Is there an app or something that notifies me when a persons instagram is not private anymore so I can sneaky follow this bitch that wont accept my fake instagram follow and fap to her pictures? T-thanks.
>>
File: __cirno_touhou_drawn.jpg (78KB, 400x352px) Image search: [Google]
__cirno_touhou_drawn.jpg
78KB, 400x352px
I'm heading to university in Sept 2017 for an engineering degree but only have AS Maths and would like to be prepared ahead of time for it.
The obvious thing would be to study the A-Level text books but the things have WAY too much fluff, ~1/3 of the books is 9th grade stuff.

Any one recommend other books/textbooks to prepare me for college calculus and linear algebra?
>>
Web development general just ignored me.

Am I suppose to be using a virtual machine for every project?
I currently have virtual box.
>>
>>57558596
>Any way you can add multiple values/names to a button?
I don't thnk there is a determined way. I mean you could put a JSON kind of object in there, or a comma separated list and parse it later on

value="1,2,3"
and then use
explode()

sounds like terrible design in my opinion, you should probably store an array in the user's session maybe
>>
>>57558681
>Am I suppose to be using a virtual machine for every project?
no a single VM is good enough for development

only use docker (or multiple VMs) if you need to
>>
>>57558656
reddit.com/r/learnmath

Just work through the fluff? You're not doing anything better with your time.
>>
>>57557076
>>Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.
Slow board? What the fuck? /dpt/ goes down faster than your mom from my 12" cock.
This board is fast, not as fast as /b/, but fast.
>>
>>57558656
maybe the math professors at your future university have small websites, where they list some work, recommended books, maybe even this/last year's course notes
>>
>>57558684
>sounds like terrible design in my opinion, you should probably store an array in the user's session maybe
See, that's what I've been trying to do. I'm honest to God terrible at PHP and just need to learn it for a bit for a project coming up.

The way I'm thinking about it was like this.

To add the item details to a $SESSION array. I was going to use the button to send the variables to a .php file where I'd them to the SESSION array. So that'd be this.

$_SESSION['Cart'] = array('Id' => $Id, 'Description' => $Description);
}

array_push($_SESSION['Cart'], $_GET['Description'])

And I was sending information to the .php file with this.

<form action='addtoCart.php?Id=$Id&Description=$Description&Brand=$Brand&Price=$Price'>
<button type='submit' value='$Description' name='Description' class='btn btn-primary'>
Add to basket</button> <form>

$_SESSION['Id'] = $rows['Id'];
$_SESSION['Description'] = $rows['Description'];
$_SESSION['Price'] = $rows['Price'];
$_SESSION['Brand'] = $rows['Brand'];
$_SESSION['ImagePath'] = $rows['ImagePath'];

Am I doing something obvious or am I just being a shitter?
>>
if my pc is being used and theres a power cut will anything bad happen to it?
>>
>>57558852

When debugging a session, always use:

<pre><?php var_dump($_SESSION)?></pre>

at the top of the page to see what it contains.

Also, make sure the following function gets called before the first access to $_SESSION:

session_start();
>>
Is there any way to connect to the internet without an ISP? Are there networks other than the traditional internet that don't require an ISP?
>>
anyone that has experience with the rma process mind helping me out?

i want to rma my gpu that i bought like 2 years 11 months ago (warranty lasts for 3 years) but i'm not sure what documents i need to have and how long this process normally takes

bought the gpu from a local pc shop but the warranty is under a local distributor
>>
>>57559025
>
<pre><?php var_dump($_SESSION)?></pre>

Never considered putting that on every page to debug. Thanks senpai.
>>
>>57558852
That can work but I'd do it a bit differently

- Create a file functions.php or similar, where you put that code which gets data from the database and gives you the item information. Also other code that is called often will be stored here
In pseudocode:
function getItemFromDatabase(id){
// mysqli connect and query
// put resulting data in an array
return $itemJSON;
}

- User SESSION has an array "itemsInBasket" that stores those IDs, and just IDs
$_SESSION["itemsInBasket"] = [39, 40, 41]

- On every page you only use those IDs along with that function to grab the additional data
That way, in case your database gets updates (changed price, changed item name) your data is always up to date
require_once "functions.php"
foreach($item in $_SESSION["itemsInBasket"]{
print_r(getItemFromDatabase($item))
}
>>
>>57558985
You should have a UPS with any desktop, assuming it's used for more than entertainment. If it isn't, it should be. Apply yourself.
>>
>>57559104
Some manufacturers, such as evga, prefer you deal directly with them.
>>
>>57557545
grey market sites like kinguin still sell win 7 keys
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png (306KB, 2048x930px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png
306KB, 2048x930px
what the hell do you call this thing???
>>
>>57559026
If you connect to network though someones hacked wifi they technically become your internet service provider (isp), so no its not possible because networks dont simply exist, they are owned and operated by somebody.
You could theoretically become a tier 1 network provider yourself. I guess thats the only way without relying on isp
>>
>>57559370
menubar?
>>
>>57559370
Taskbar? Dock?
>>
Is there any possibility I could be charged with wiretapping for transcribing and publishing audio recorded from a microphone placed in my own condo while I am present?
>>
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xJ2qhq

rate it
>>
>oop is baaad
>objects are baaad
>b-but most popular language (JAVA) is using oop
>in fact everything in java is an object
checkmate.
>>
>>57559470
That's nice, dear.
>>
>>57559470
>in fact everything in java is an object
false
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (126KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
126KB, 900x900px
Why does Game Boy Pocket cost more than Game Boy? Shouldn't it be cheaper because it's smaller?
>>
>>57557625
games will run a frame or two better on windows 10 at best.

the only exception to that is dx12, which has very little support as of yet.
>>
what is a good usb wireless mouse with low click noise?

mine is super loud
>>
I'm looking for a monitor to get my dad since his 12 year old dell one is dying
I tried getting him an LG 24M38 since it was cheap and a huge improvement, but now he's telling me that its making him nauseous and giving him headaches, so I had to return it. Could someone recommend a good one that wouldn't do this?
>>
File: f.png (73KB, 669x695px) Image search: [Google]
f.png
73KB, 669x695px
How healthy is my HDD according to SMART? Should I consider getting a new one? I've read up on its data on the internet, and according to it, it seems "fine" for now, but I'm not sure for how long. My paranoia won't simmer the fuck down over it since I had it for as long as I can remember, so I'm kinda worried.
>>
Anyone knows a good pirate appstore for android or just a trustworthy general site for downloading apk? I searched and only found some shitty sites.
>>
File: 006456705340703.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
006456705340703.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Should i learn java or C?
>>
>>57559851
Could it be PWM? Maybe one with real brightness control wouldn't do that? I've never heard of anyone reacting to an LCD that way. Have you asked him to be more specific?
>>
File: benq.jpg (33KB, 300x362px) Image search: [Google]
benq.jpg
33KB, 300x362px
Why is it that when you play locked 60fps games at 120hz it produces stutter every so often? It's extremely annoying because I have to drop the refresh rate to 60hz for specific things just to get it smooth.
>>
>>57559924
Java and/or Python, AND C++ so you can write stuff for microcontrollers and Spengies and such.
>>
File: desuperate.gif (145KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
desuperate.gif
145KB, 640x480px
I'm getting paranoid.

I had PSU (I forgot the brand, seventeam I think) on my PC that every now and then would start buzzing, and it always go 'bzzzz' when playing games or doing some other stuff.

Yesterday i got a new PSU (a corsair hx750i), installed it, checked everything. Noiseless.

But then, I decided to check closely, and I could hear a little buzz. Since today I got my GPU back, I played some games, and when I removed my headphone, I could hear the buzz. It was not as loud as the other PSU I had before. But still 'bzzzzz'.

It it normal for PSUs to do some bzzz? Or should I replace that one, since it's new.
What if the replacement also buzz?
>>
File: 065078508082.gif (2MB, 390x218px) Image search: [Google]
065078508082.gif
2MB, 390x218px
>>57559974
Ok... but which one first? I'm a complete noob.
>>
>>57560047
You're not enough of a self starter to do this. Find another vocation.
>>
File: 1479404026786.jpg (47KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
1479404026786.jpg
47KB, 600x418px
>>57560047
it actually doesn't matter. sooner or later you will need to learn the low level concepts. do you want to start super simple and something that just werk use python.
its the easiest way to make a program and understand the basic concepts.
more harder, go for java.
are you insane? c++. learning c++ from online tutorials is probably a bad idea and you should buy a book.
>>
>>57559859
Save this image and check again in a week. If values are changing for the worse then start to worry.

SMART is only really useful when plotted over time, or at least that's what unsubstantiated claims on the Internet say.
>>
>>57557923
Steal their computer or phone
>>
>>57560132
Got it chief, thanks.
>>
>>57558656
Mathematics: its content, methods and meaning.

Warning, not for the faint hearted. It's a soviet textbook from the 50s
>>
What's the screenshot app that do like sharex in mac? I've seen that many times but I forgot to ask it.
It also has muh shadow outside windows gimmick.
>>
What did they mean by this and how do I get the Anniversary Update
>>
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1317-download-youtube-videos-as-mp4

can someone recommend me a better script/userscript that supports downloading 1080p jewtube videos, please?

or at least a program?

inb4 JDownloader/JDownloader 2/youtube-dl

I don't want these, as much as I love the cli youtube-dl works nicely and better in Linux as a cli youtube download client since it's native cli for Linux. JDownloader 2 downloads slow as a snail depending on the video size...
>>
File: 21014730370.png (48KB, 876x612px) Image search: [Google]
21014730370.png
48KB, 876x612px
>>57560127
Cool. I'll get started.
>>
>>57560312

what do you currently run? which windows? for all you know that's just some bullshit error and win10 will llikely run fine from the looks of it. you don't know till you try/install
>>
>>57560036
>Since today I got my GPU back

Is this a typo? are you sure you're not confusing buzzing with coil whine from GPU? Cause my GPU does indeed buzz when it's running games.

But yeah, PSUs and other electronics can make noises. However, if it's really loud then it could be a fault.
>>
>>57560291
Holy shit I'm retarded. Forget my stupid question.
>>
File: firefox_2016-11-17_18-50-06.png (28KB, 958x663px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-11-17_18-50-06.png
28KB, 958x663px
>>57560339
I had to dl Windows10Upgrade28084.exe from their website
>>
Where can i get MSOffice 2013 standard iso, in spanish?

MDL only has english iso.

Or should i "make it"? i dont get how svf files work.
>>
>>57560377
idk, I've only seen it in castellano.
>>
>>57560370
Snipping tool. Answer your own questions faggot so others learn from the answer.
>>
File: computer problems.jpg (410KB, 1000x941px) Image search: [Google]
computer problems.jpg
410KB, 1000x941px
>>57560348
No no no, not a typo. I lent my GPU to a friend so that he could test it, but I got it back today.

As for GPU coil whines, I've had before, but it stopped when I began using vsync. I only had it when playing with 400+ FPS and it could get really loud with 10000+ FPS.

> PSUs and other electronics can make noises [...]
Hmm... It's not too loud, but I think I'm starting to get a little paranoid with these things...
>>
does madVR work on skylake iGP with no graphics card? I only remember seeing options for nvidia or amd.

i5 6500 + H170 chipset
>>
File: 1459370914887.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1459370914887.png
129KB, 314x278px
/g/ approved email apps for Android?
>>
how do i find the themes in notepad++
>>
>>57560500
You can limit framerate with something like Nvidia Inspector. Most games should do it automatically. I've encountered only one that didn't.
>>
>>57560574
samsung touchwiz mail
>>
>>57560574
k-9
but sometimes it stops working :(
>>
>>57560693
Isn't k9 outdated now?
>>
>>57560653
settings -> style configurator -> drop down list at the top
>>
File: sadpanda (1).jpg (9KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
sadpanda (1).jpg
9KB, 260x260px
How come when I change my password it won't allow me to log in with the password I changed it to?

God damn it, I'm just trying to jerk off.
>>
>>57560668
Well, it's been a long time since I had a coil whine on my GPU.

The little bzzz that my PSU does is different from that of the GPU.
I'll give it some time. There's always the warranty anyways.

Bye and thanks, anon.
>>
>>57560747
Delete cookies and relog.

Need more help?
Go to #e-hentai or sadpanda thread and ask Joe for help.
>>
>>57560435
It's osx, you fool. Command+shift+4 then press space, it will let you choose screenshot the windows and it has drop shadow gimmick.
>>
Why does win 10 doesn't let me uninstall storeapps? Whats the fucking point of putting the "uninstall" button if its gonna keep grayed out?

Also what the fuck is a "workgroup" and why does it have power over admin accounts

And why the fuck is microsoft so autistic ive been 4 hs jumping around ropes to try get some youtube notifications to my desktop ffs i could make the shit in like 5 mins why the fuck do they have a big notification box if it isn't to get notifications?

Also, "Mail" app crashes at startup and nobody in the internet has ever solved it, most likely answer i read is that it crashes cause im not giving it my location, why???? Every other mail client in history worked fine, why are they so fucking autistic

inb4 win10
>muh games
>>
File: tumblr_oerawiGGfd1rl04amo1_500.gif (414KB, 500x408px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oerawiGGfd1rl04amo1_500.gif
414KB, 500x408px
>>57557076
Windows 7 user here. According to the wikia it's generally safe as long as you remove the temeletry updates but apparently doing that fucks up with some web functionality. Is it really worth it?
>>
How can I tell where my keyboard is broken?
Random keys being pressed and held and some keys dont type anything.

Moving the cable around changes which keys are being held/which ones don't work. But I can't find the sweetspot where it works anymore.

I'm a super poorfag so I'd rather try to fix it than buy a new keyboard.
>>
>>57560948
Use the old uninstall panel
Workgroup is an ancient windows networking policy thing, it's not new at all
That's not microsofts fault, you're doing something incredibly retarded
Don't use their mail app, use gmail like a normal person
>>
File: file.png (37KB, 1506x444px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
37KB, 1506x444px
$_SESSION['Cart'] = array('Id' => $_GET['Id'], 'Description' => $_GET['Description'], 'Brand' => $_GET['Brand'], 'Price' => $_GET['Price']);
}

array_push($_SESSION['Cart'], $_GET['Id'], $_GET['Description'], $_GET['Brand'], $_GET['Price'])

I'm not very good at arrays.
How do I use an arraypush to insert the values into 'Id', 'Description', 'Brand' and 'Price'?

For the very first item entered into the array, it fits them into that slot. Then every other, it fits it into whatever entry it is in the array.
>>
>>57561097
>apparently doing that fucks up with some web functionality.
It doesnt.

Buy a $10 keyboard/mouse combo.
You cant be that poor.
>>
>>57561162
>Buy a $10 keyboard/mouse combo.
what
>>
>>57559930
Looks like he hadnt installed the drivers
He refuses to upgrade from XP
>>
>>57561191
>>57561162
The second one was for.

>>57561120
>>
>>57561202
That is fucking stupid. I hope you're not helping him maintain an unsupported operating system. If XP can do everything he needs, Ubuntu, or a tablet could.
>>
File: 8oSFC3e.jpg (39KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
8oSFC3e.jpg
39KB, 420x420px
>>57561159
Not your personal army.
>>
>>57561224
I'm not, he just doesnt care about the security risks and whatnot
Gonna try and get him windows 7 now
>>
>>57561203
I have a backup keyboard, but it is one of those cheap ass ones. Feels disgusting to type on. I'd like to fix this one if possible
>>
Would it be better to buy a desktop for graphic design/CAD programs or would a i5 or i7 laptop be able to handle them the same? I'm having trouble deciding what to choose because I've never owned a laptop.
>>
File: 1449292260464.png (1MB, 661x812px) Image search: [Google]
1449292260464.png
1MB, 661x812px
>>57561159
Any help guys? How do I set every 4 entries into a database as four different variables? It worked for the database when I created it, but it only stores the first 4 entries as those.
>>
>>57561295
Desktop is cheaper for same processing power, and connecting more than one monitor is more straightforward. Laptop can be moved around, which most people end up not doing as much as they planned, but it's still nice to have that option. Somewhere that's quiet more often than not?
>>
>>57561453
i accidentally a question
>>
>>57561453
Can I run two external monitors off a laptop at least if I don't use the internal display? I have 2 ports, one for hdmi one for vga
>>
>>57561510
Depends on the laptop.
>>
Is it possible to install Windows 10 on a flash drive? Not like a bootable Windows installer, but a live version of windows that's run directly from the flash drive?

If so, how would I go about doing that?
>>
>>57561453
I already own a tablet with a keyboard (and to be honest I really don't use it much either) so maybe I should just stick with a desktop.
>>
If I do something that slows down my internet like uploading files does it also slow down other computers on the network or just mine?
>>
>>57561610
If someone flushes a toilet, does your shower pressure drop for a bit?
>>
File: zs3Qkst.jpg (127KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
zs3Qkst.jpg
127KB, 960x960px
Is this true?
>>
What's the best video player to play .mkv files (torrented anime & movies) on a Mac?

I'm used to MPC-HC+MadVR on Windows
>>
>>57561698
mpv
>>
butt can do thing not poop?
>>
>>57559370
Generous whitespace.
>>
>>57561698
MPC.
CCCP.

MPV is another option but you are better with MPC.
>>
File: dat ass.png (62KB, 150x167px) Image search: [Google]
dat ass.png
62KB, 150x167px
>>57561695
u bettr fukken beleef it bruh
>>
r8 part of my resume:

SKILLS and CERTIFICATIONS:
Cisco networking
powershell
perl
bash
vimscript
Python
Skills in Microsoft Server 2012
>>
>>57562077
>vimscript
This just means your nothing but trouble. Take it off, asshole.
>>
File: tmp_2814-147409083900038092338.jpg (43KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2814-147409083900038092338.jpg
43KB, 400x600px
Is the fury x gpu a meme?

I been thinking of gunning for it when black nigday comes
>>
>>57562077
>Cisco networking
So just "IP Networking" fuck head. If you passed a CCNA, then just say that.
>>
>>57562156
(You)
>>
mpv's deband, interpolation and upscaling features don't work while hwdec is enabled right?
>>
>>57561143
>Use the old uninstall panel
Will try

>Workgroup is an ancient windows networking policy thing, it's not new at all
Ive never had it not allow me do shit on my own computer

>That's not microsofts fault, you're doing something incredibly retarded
Why? I just want to do like it does on a phone, i know it can be done, ive done it before using Rss of youtube channels

>Don't use their mail app, use gmail like a normal person
I was trying to make youtube email me when subscriptions upload a new vid, and have the mail app notify me through the windows notifier
>>
why wont my awk command print out the first field?
awk '{print $1}' file.txt

do i have to specifically tell it the there are semi colons separating the fields?
>>
Tomorrow I'm getting my first 4k tv, now I have a stupid question regarding how am I going to play the movies I desire.

On the privet tracker I lurk there are uploaded already every single available 4k movie - real real 4k 2160p, now what would be the best way to watch that movie on a tv? Should I buy an external hard drive - and then just use the TV player, will the audio work? What are the alternatives?
>>
I'm looking for a cheap and reliable VDSL modem-router. Ideally, one that I can set as a bridge or repeater from another WLAN. For what should I be looking?
>>
>>57562451
>For what should I be lookg?
No.
>>
>>57561143
store apps don't appear on the old uninstall panel, everyone has any idea how i can do it without a powershell command?
>>
How do I?
>>
>>57561397
is this the cutest anime of all time?
>>
>>57561397
nazi pls go
>>
is it safe to drink soda while I'm on antibiotics? (not really /g/ but you're the only ones I ever ask anything)
>>
>>57562818
I was on antibiotics and drank lots of soda - nothing bad happened, but my sedentary life and fast-food gave me thick blood.. so avoid toxins in your body if you want normal blood, avoid soda entirely.
>>
Alright, /stq/, heres the deal.

I have a really old machine, shitty specs, just brought it out for fun to test different Linux distros.

I currently have Ubuntu, and I like it, up to a point. I want to get into Linux, what different distros would you suggest? Explain briefly why you use something, I don't want a distro war.

Where can I find good resources to learn more about the different distros?
>>
>>57562387
whats the tv? whats the encoding and container format of the movies?
>>
>>57562871
CentOS, and study for a GNU/Linux certification.
>mfw archneets can't pass LPIC-1
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 750x397px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 750x397px
can anyone id these?
sorry if the picture is small
>>
How much peanut butter is too much?
>>
>>57562899
ue40ku6472 - samsung

Format: HEVC\par so H.265 I guess.
>>
File: rKhX1wr.png (715KB, 1016x698px) Image search: [Google]
rKhX1wr.png
715KB, 1016x698px
What'll happen once this dips below five?
>>
File: IMG_20161117_093602.jpg (742KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161117_093602.jpg
742KB, 3264x2448px
This is my laptop battery should I replace it?
>>
>>57562954
No. It goes up. The drive is failing. Shut down until you can copy anything that matters.
>>
>>57562978
A pencil cut to a specific length can be used as a resistor for making a car's 12 volt jack 5 volts so it can charge a phone.
>>
>>57562985
Oh, I know that already. I already copied everything off of it, I'm mainly keeping it around so I can use it to play music and stuff a bit longer. I meant the highlighted part, it keeps going down and down.
>>
File: 1477625542192.png (124KB, 457x463px) Image search: [Google]
1477625542192.png
124KB, 457x463px
I'm trying to convert audio files via ffmpeg.

I'm using the following batch/command
@ECHO OFF

FOR %%f IN (*.flac) DO (
echo Converting: %%f
ffmpeg -i "%%f" -ab 320k -map_metadata 0 "%%~nf.opus"
)

echo Finished

PAUSE

Trouble is it isn't retaining all the metadata if I use opus.

If I convert to mp3 it will retain album art, opus does not.

Anyone have any experience here? Is it just an incompatibility with the filetypes and I'm fucked? Hoping someone else has been here before.
>>
my toshiba HDD is shitting itself, what brand should I go with for a replacement? it's a 1TB drive that costs like 45 bucks
>>
>>57563206
wd

everytime
>>
>>57563206
Toshiba
>>
Freenas fags out there

I have a question about 1tb storage = 1gb memory rule
Does it apply on usable storage or physical storage?
What if i have 10tb then have 8gb ram?
>>
>>57563253
(You)
>>
How dumb would I be for using 15k SAS drives in raid 10 for my main storage living space? Assume cost isn't an issue.
>>
>>57563034
you need a container that supports that metadata

>>57562818
it's never safe to drink soda :^)
>>
>>57557945
>daz + win7
>tfw goat mustard rice
>>
>>57557076
I want to rice my phone like the cool kids on /g/, but I'm too scurred to root my old galaxy note 3. If the root works, is it still able to be traded in for those phone trade-in deals t-mobile does?
>>
>>57562954

>reallocation event count 1174 times
>reallocated sectors 1093

How can there be more reallocation events than reallocated sectors? It's seems logical that at least once sector should be reallocated in order for an event to exist, and this would also be valid for the reallocation of already reallocated sectors. How?
>>
>>57563283
Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of shit with down syndrome.
>>
File: 1475897512886.jpg (11KB, 192x146px) Image search: [Google]
1475897512886.jpg
11KB, 192x146px
any good hard mouse pads? I'm sick of the clothy soft ones I've used for the longest time.
>>
>>57563302
>tried Daz and it wouldn't work for some reason
>been running extended trial period for 10 months now
>>
how do I pick a tv to buy? Is there like a pcpartpicker or logicalincrements for TV's?
>>
File: 9699f4013b6745dfaa98525d114b3c14.jpg (134KB, 458x1536px) Image search: [Google]
9699f4013b6745dfaa98525d114b3c14.jpg
134KB, 458x1536px
I have a pretty low performance laptop, how can I watch 1080p without recoding it first to lower resolution?
Some time ago I used to use SVP with real-time frame downscaling, but now it's paid option and old version is not working normally for me.
Is there some alternative to it?
>>
>>57563376
>>57563302
>two thousand and fucking current year 16
>daz loader

what the FUCK are you guys doing
>>
>>57563402
get one with the most hz and highest stars on cnet
>>
What's a good program for building websites?

I've been learning for a while now, but I have someone willing to pay me to make a site for their small business. Is dreamweaver still a thing?
>>
>>57563418
seconding this actually, had pretty much the same question
>>
File: dwi-biden.webm (127KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
dwi-biden.webm
127KB, 476x476px
>>57563406
>he thinks pico is better than daz
what the fuck are YOU doing?
>>
Is this code a lost cause
public class TimeCalculation<CalculationType extends AbstractTimeCalculation> extends AbstractTimeCalculation{

public TimeCalculation(int shots) {
super(shots);
}

@Override
protected int calculateTime() {
return ((CalculationType)this).calculateTime();
}

@Override
void setInitialNextTime() {
((CalculationType)this).setInitialNextTime();
}

@Override
void setNextTime() {
((CalculationType)this).setNextTime();
}

public CalculationType getCalculationType(){
return (CalculationType)this;
}
}

I have two classes that extend from an abstract class with a default implementation of a lot of the same methods. Later i'd like to be able to call those methods from this class
>>
>pc freezes
>dr debug led displays a number 32
>manual says it's related to sata devices not being installed correctly
Considering that my sata devices (1 ssd,1 hdd) are installed correctly and my hdd is years old, could it be caused by my hdd failing? It's not always running when my computer freezes, though. Is my ssd failing also possible? It's less than a year old.
>>
>>57563418
>>57563445
can't speak for professional web designers, but I use dreamweaver for my personal sites. nothing major, just a couple of mysql queries here and there.
>>
Will having a server at my house count towards my data cap?
>>
>>57563413
cnet's tv buying guide seems shitty.
> Ignore (most of) the specifications
> Just about the only worthwhile numbers are found under Inputs and Weight/Dimensions.
> Bigger really is better
> Recommends HDR and 4k despite there being almost no content in that format
>>
>>57563283
>you need a container that supports that metadata
I mean, I can add album art after the fact to the opus files, so I don't think that's exactly the issue.
>>
>>57563517
Why wouldn't it?
>>
>>57563517
Traffic between the server and other stuff on the same LAN at home literally cannot be counted. If it's talking to anything outside, that will be counted.
>>
>>57563585
Because it's just local files. Like it's my data that I'm uploading and I'm downloading. So I didn't know if the moving of the data on my network actually counted like traditional uploading/downloading.
>>
>>57563612
So it has to be wired?
>>
>>57563654
No. Do I need to draw a picture? Everything that goes through the modem, to and from the ISP/Internet is counted. Anything else is not. Just like if you move cash from your sock drawer to your wallet, it's not taxed.
>>
>>57563654
You don't understand what a server is, so don't worry about it.
>>
File: 1473960282286.png (981KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473960282286.png
981KB, 667x1000px
What are PHP views?
>>
>>57563911
Why no eye mask?
>>
>>57563712
Ok I think it looks like what I want is a NAS
>>
>>57563686
If you have a picture on hand that would be great, but you don't need to draw one
>>
File: 1474001954848.png (914KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474001954848.png
914KB, 667x1000px
>>57563928
Answer my question and I'll tell you.
>>
>>57564053
Why no camel toe?
>>
>>57564064
[spoiler]I'm afraid I can't show you the rest of my girlfriends pictures.[/spoiler]
>>
>>57564082
/v/ please
>>
>>57564082
Nice spoiler tags, retard.
>>
File: 1474003477382.jpg (55KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474003477382.jpg
55KB, 960x640px
>>57564096
Sorry, I'm /co/. Just wanted to read up before I do a project.
>>
>>57563911
>10 Results

>>57564053
>6 Results

>>57564082
That's not your girlfriend. Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>57564019
moving stuff around inside your house vs sending it down a toll road. It just moves through switch you have there, not through the ISP.
>>
File: 1474264416080.png (236KB, 394x403px) Image search: [Google]
1474264416080.png
236KB, 394x403px
>>57564127
Y'know, you could have stopped at the filename.
>>
>>57557076

what should i be using for an ftp client? I know filezilla is popular but i want to have something free/open source.

Running Win10/Ubuntu
>>
>>57564171
>GNU General Public License Version 2
Filezilla is libre.
>>
>>57564203

holy fuck i'm so out of it i didnt bother to check if it was, thanks!
>>
>>57564146
>implying I can see file names
>>
>>57557076
I meant to ask a question here, but Jesus fuck, this place has gone to hell.

If y'all need something to shitpost about, it was about insurance I was trying to sign up for from my employer
>>
How can I exploit ad targeting to get rid of these fucking DISGUSTING plaque psoriasis ads that are somehow sneaking through uBlock? I don't have fucking herpes of the arm god damnit.
>>
I'm getting a vps for music streaming. what distro should i use on it?
>>
I've got a hard drive and and ssd. Little over a month ago I started having weird software issues where some programs wouldn't run. Didn't really investigate. Just now I tried opening my hdd and told me it wasn't accessible.

So I look in device manager and it tells me, about a month ago, when I started having problems, the "device migrated." I have no idea what that means or how to fix. Any ideas?
>>
>>57564860
It flew south for the winter. Problem should fix itself around spring.
>>
So like, how the fuck does binary work? I know its the language the machine understands and all that, its like a switch that's on and off and goes by exponents of 2, and that programming languages and shit change code to binary so the computer can understand it.
But
How the fuck does it work? How does the computer know what to do from those? Why is it that the computer can only understand binary? Since bits have positive and negative charges does that mean they're physical? If so, where on the hardware are they and how does it work?

I apologize for being a retard, I'm just naturally a fucking idiot with technology. Is this even computer science or is this more electrical engineering?
>>
Why don't more people walk the walk and live like Cubans to prevent climate change? Just what I have now can provide more than a lifetime of entertainment, so why do we always need more stuff?
>>
File: chen320110725-22047-14gfjcy.jpg (7KB, 296x177px) Image search: [Google]
chen320110725-22047-14gfjcy.jpg
7KB, 296x177px
Is there some way to control overscan in hardware, by putting the display signal through an arduino or something?
>>
>>57565280
Because most people don't enjoy living like those under an oppressive dictatorship
>>
What's the best model for the 1070?
>>
File: IMG_20161118_001901141.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161118_001901141.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
I can't open a hp 14-n007la, the palmrest won't go off, is this the problem? Its from the section that seems stuck
>>
>>57565243
Computer doesn't understand shit - it's you that comprehend the video output as something relevant.

The processor does one task at time - but does it so fast and so many in such a short amount of time that it appears as if you're doing multitasking, then the video card is processing in the same way even some faster in some areas on its own to send proper signal to your monitor of all that ordered and processed stuff.

The bits are in hard disk, gpu, motherboard, processor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAr3v58yuRc
>>
File: 91U8gU5.jpg (457KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
91U8gU5.jpg
457KB, 2448x1836px
retarded question but:
how do people make their surfaces stand up like this without the type cover?
>>
>>57566047
There is a kickstand on the back, at least on my work's Surface.
>>
Does anybody know the best vpn providers currently available?
I'm willing to pay, but I want unlimited bandwidth and absolutely no logs server sided. I don't need bittorrent to be enabled.

Just to clarify this - I'm not too dumb to use Google but I want /g/'s opinion on this
>>
>>57566065
Yeah, there is a tablet-wide kickstand in the back on all surface pros
>>
>>57557076
I've been having some overheating issues on my MSI CR600s, basically the temperature never goes below 50 C and gets dangerously near 100 C if I try to run a Steam game that isn't from a century ago, I've checked many possible software causes but everything seems to be alright, what I am considering now is a physical problem, maybe the thermal paste or something heatsink related. My question is, what's the most common general "maintenance" that I should give my heatsink and motherboard?

Also, do cooling pads actually do anything?
>>
>>57566166
Private Internet Access, it's for paranoid people. Payment methods include bitcoin and gift cards.
>>
>>57565243
i'll give you the insanely quick idiot-style EECS rundown

think of binary as a charge on a wire, on or off, true or false. you can easily implement logical operations like AND and OR in terms of simple electrical circuits that take 2 wires as input and 1 wire as output. these are called logical gates

32 wires can represent a 32-bit number. you can easily implement simple arithmetic operations like PLUS in terms of logical gates involving those 32 wires, e.g. "if the ones place in both numbers is TRUE, then carry the 1 into the twos place." this is called an arithmetic unit

you can capture the state of the charge on 32 wires using an electrical component called a register. this lets you have temporary value storage for things like variables in programs

the design of all modern computers is what's called a Von Neumann Machine. it works like this. on every "cycle," there is a value trapped in a register that represents the instruction to be executed. this instruction is logically "parsed" by logic gates, which determine how to interpret the instruction (e.g. first wire "true" = "it is an arithmetic instruction," second wire "true" = "it is an ADD instruction").

depending on the interpretation, the instruction is sent to e.g. the arithmetic UNIT in order to execute whatever arithmetic the instruction represents. at the conclusion of the "cycle," the instruction register is fed with the next instruction in the program. this is what "machine code" is, and is very close to what "assembly language" is.

nobody wants to write shit in machine code, so we write programs called compilers that take other languages and translate them into machine codes.
>>
What should I study that will still have job openings in 3 years? I keep hearing over and over again that, CS, commerce, and STEM are all memes.
What the fuck do I do?
>>
>>57566225
to be clear what i meant by "idiot style" is that i greatly rushed and simplified everything. what i just summarized is a good chunk of an EECS course. you're not supposed to understand all that without taking a course or at least reading a book or something. my summary is only intended to give you a sketch to follow
>>
>>57566254
Don't believe any of them and go into CS.

Your alternative is IT/IS, or an engineering field.
>>
Got jumped the other day and almost lost my laptop.

Is there any good lojacking/antitheft software out there for relatively cheap? Anyone ever have to actually use theirs?
>>
>>57566254
STEM isn't a meme, it's just ridiculously competitive and oversaturated outside of the M part. If you want job security then become a doctor, you might need machine assistance but you will literally never, ever be out of work unless you're an idiot and manage to get your license revoked.

CS is quickly becoming a meme but as long as you're good and actually like what you do you'll be alright. Be warned, though, we're due for a major crash in a few years, 10 at most, where pretty much all languages and software will become too complicated and outdated to keep around and we'll have to start from scratch, what this means is you'll always have to continue to learn new shit and after a point most of your older knowledge will be useless.
>>
So there's a mediawiki i really badly want to save but it has no export function. How can i create a dump on my hdd for future offline use?
>>
Where can I find an older version of Peel smart remote before it was filled with ads?
>>
>>57566299
>a major crash in a few years, 10 at most
agreed, advertising and venture capital are giant bubb-
>where pretty much all languages and software will become too complicated and outdated to keep around
so putting aside that that's insane, and graciously assume it's true, if true it would be an outrageous windfall for CS employment. you would never be out of a job

it's not true though, the advertising bubble will pop long before "all languages and software" (wth)?
>>
>>57566299
>>57566377
furthermore
>we'll have to start from scratch
>what this means is...after a point most of your older knowledge will be useless
no amount of deprecated Java spaghetti is going to change the fundamental reasons behind algorithms, or linear algebra, or even most "details of implementation" e.g. why caching (and therefore serialization) is good. if anything we're really suffering right now from this insane attitude that 3 hot shits from san francisco can reinvent databases from scratch, and they turn out to have all the same problems but they know none of the solutions
>>
>>57566299
>major crash in a few years, 10 at most, where pretty much all languages and software will become too complicated and outdated to keep around and we'll have to start from scratch,
why exactly must this happen?
>>
>>57566254
"STEM" is a meme because the fields that make up "STEM" are not similar. it is hard to get a job as a biologist or chemist. it is not very hard to get a job as a computer scientist or electrical engineer. this shit changes over time with funding and how crowded the field is.

right now CS is hot as fuck and not the slightest bit a meme. you can get a job in CS. no one call tell you if that will be true in 3 years because the economy is entering a period of tremendous uncertainty. personally i think it will be true for the foreseeable so long as you actually learn computer SCIENCE (Hal Abelson is a meme) and not "app programming" or w/e the fuck
>>
Is it a bad idea to connect my computer to a dimmer switch so that I can adjust the power to it as I please?
>>
>>57566299
>STEM isn't a meme, it's just ridiculously competitive and oversaturated outside of the M part.
Isn't entry to medical programs one of the most competitive things in the first world?
>>
>>57566546
dumb frogposter
>>
>>57566546
idk but i'm curious. Try it.
>>
Is it true that it's better to stop charging my phone around 80% rather than charging to 100% every time?
>>
>>57557667

/v/ is full of shit in this instance
>>
>>57566636
Just existing is bad for the battery.
>>
I've had my 4chan capatcha on legacy for a long time.

Important question; how the fuck do i solve the new capatchas? I'm creating an account for a new site, i've spent 30 fuckin minutes trying to bypass this shit.
>>
>>57566766
(You)
>>
My mom's old laptop with its old 5400 RPM hard drive constantly shows 50-60% disk usage in the task manager.
Is that normal for an old laptop with a spinning drive that never saw defragmentation or did she got herself malware?
>>
>>57566766
Are you neet?
>>
I got a laptop with a stick of 8 and a dtick of 2 gbs of ram
does this mean it only uses 4 total?
could I buy another 8 stick and use it with the current one or do they have to be in packs?
>>
So I made the mistake of trying to visit the site on mobile and realizing you literally can't because of the ads. So what malware did I end up getting and how am I supposed to browse on my phone now?
>>
>>57557076
What do you guys think about this card: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/BZJkcf/powercolor-radeon-rx-480-8gb-red-devil-video-card-axrx-480-8gbd5-3dhoc

If it isn't good, what's the best bang/buck 8GB RX 480?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (43KB, 658x251px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
43KB, 658x251px
C++ / Qt question

i am taking info from a file, it works fine.

but my problem is that when i create a release version of the program, it only works with the information the file had when i released it.
for example, 2.txt had "2 2 2" inside, i edit it to "3 3 3" but the program still thinks it's "2 2 2" and does not update.
note: the file i'm editing is in the release folder

what do
>>
>>57566957
note: the program works even with no "2.exe" in the release folder

this "resources" thing is p crap
>>
Anyone know about Natural Deduction/Box Proofs here for logic?
I'm trying to prove A->(BVA) but in jape, I'm completely stuck at:
A
B
BVA
----------
A->(BVA)

I don't know what to do between A assumption and B. Any help?
>>
>>57567312
no idea how that "box" works but looks to me you're starting it backwards. try doing the brackets first
>>
Pale Moon or IceCat? I'm on Windows because of reasons.
>>
One of my students in the Unix shell practical turned Caps Lock on and off every time he needed to type a capital letter lads.
>>
my laptop CPU apparently ranges from 480 MHz to 2.16 GHz depending on the load
how could i set it to be at a fixed frequency? there doesnt seem to be any option for it in the bios
ubuntu 16
>>
>>57567494
oy bloody hell mate, this bloodi europeans want to take our dosh
god shave the queen
>>
I'm running on a not too good Windows laptop for the time being, what's the fastest, less resource-hungry web browser?
>>
How come when I want to make a shortcut to a task in Tasker the text hangs way lower than for all my other shortcuts?

This is bothering the FUCK out of me.
>>
File: 1436130166774.jpg (81KB, 616x616px) Image search: [Google]
1436130166774.jpg
81KB, 616x616px
What's the best way for me to go about learning C++. that allows me to work through it or gives me a recommended program to put code into practice? I started reading programming and principles and it haas examples but I have no clue how actually do them or what program I can do to with.
>>
File: 1409573369599.jpg (55KB, 670x479px) Image search: [Google]
1409573369599.jpg
55KB, 670x479px
>>57567822
download qt
find newboston and voidrealms on youtube (just to name a few)
take notes of that you learn, for example:
// this is how you comment

/*
many
lines comment
*/
etc

watching tutorials is good, but you also need practice
find a program you want to do, and work on it
maybe a small program for a family member, or a game, etc
look up info (in qt with f1) or cplusplus.com or youtube it, or google it, etc

that's how i'm learning anyway
>>
planning to rma my graphics card soon

how do i get my video output from my motherboard / integrated graphics now? is it a bios setting that i have to change?

i'm running a i5 3570k processor along with a b75 asus mobo with 8gb ram

i presume i'll be getting the integrated graphics from the processor after removing the graphics card, is it possible to run overwatch on that as well?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Anyone know how to send sensor data from Arduino to a web server? I'm trying to display the data on a web page.

It's able to connect to the server but I can't seem to get the data to be transmitted.
>>
>>57559952
You mean you dont get 120 fps on the games you play? Why the fuck would you buy one?
>>
>>57567875
Thanks alot anon. I appreciate this alot, I'll try start on this tonight. I can run qt on windows right? ty for the help
>>
>>57557076
am I b&
>>
>>57568011
No, but you should be.
>>
>>57568009
>I can run qt on windows right
yes, also on linux and other
>>
>>57568047
sorry for another dumb question but I should download the Open source version right? it's giving me different things to download
>>
File: 2016-11-18-114349_361x35_scrot.png (3KB, 361x35px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-18-114349_361x35_scrot.png
3KB, 361x35px
Someone pls explain? It's eigendecomposition, but I don't get the last step
>>
>>57568225
Oh i think it's because Q^{-1} Q is identity
>>
File: messy messy messy.png (1MB, 1061x800px) Image search: [Google]
messy messy messy.png
1MB, 1061x800px
How to add metadata to .png files?

All I need is to add a custom string to the file outside of filename, for tagging. But it seems that .png and .gif can't do that. Do I need external software? Which software will work?
>>
Are there any programs like MSI Afterburner for linux?
Programs to manage GPU frequency, or change powersaving stuff in the CPU
>>
File: specs.png (19KB, 472x416px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
19KB, 472x416px
I build a new PC with windows 10 for gaming, and anything I try to play crashes, and I'm having a hard time finding out why

I feel like I'm missing something obvious. Specs are in pic
>>
I don't know if this fits the thread, but I didn't know where to post. This is my first year in college, studying C, never programmed before (a little bit in high school, but I don't think that counts), and I'm doing okay so far, passed my exam and all of my lab exercise. I'm up to date with all of my school work, but I wanna learn something on the side. Should I read some literature on programming, or just try to build some simple programs so I can get the hang of it?
>>
>>57568429
It's really up to you, but I feel that practice will get you more because (assuming you're in that major) the courses should cover the theory stuff well enough, but getting dirty with the system will give you things the courses will not. Make sure to supplement WRITING code with READING others' code. A big part of programming is communicating ideas, so understanding what is readable by others and what is confusing is helpful.

That said, you probably want to work with what interests you because you'll get better practice and fell less stressed if it's fun.
>>
>>57568418
what kind of crash?
>>
>>57568478
Program has stopped working kind of crash

I don't know if there's kept any logs detailing why
>>
>>57568418
check your temps, are you sure you're not overheating under load? do some cpu/gpu stresstests.

is all the hardware seated properly?

does it only happen in graphic intense games or in simple games that rely more on the cpu as well?

have you overclocked anything?

is your psu powerful enough to handle your system under full load?

i don't know if this still works on 10, but i'd use DDU to uninstall the display driver in safe mode, then install the latest nvidia driver. if it still crashes, use an older driver and work your way down until the crashes stop.

what do the error messages say when the crashes occur? check the windows event viewer if you can

do the games crash at startup or while ingame?

if all fails, install windows 8.1 and see if the crashes still occur. if they do, some of your hardware might be broken ootb and you'll have to rma it. hardware either fails in the first weeks, or in a few years, rarely in between.

>>57567761
probably firefox, a fork of it, or midori.

>>57566915
use the clover app or dashchan
also get firefox with ublock on mobile.

>>57566808
run mbam just to be safe. it could be a windows thing as well.
>>
>>57568468
Thanks for the answer, Right now, I wanted to check out video game development, but I don't know if I'm up to snuff to play around with engines and stuff like that.
>>
I need a AM3/AM3+ Socket CPU Heatsink/Fan that's low/mid profile size.

To give you a general idea, I cannot fit a Hyper 212 Evo in my tiny case by almost an inch

Any suggestions?
>>
>>57568541
Thanks lad, I'll get to work
>>
>>57568387
>Do I need external software?
External to what? Obviously you need a client that understands PNG unless you write on yourself.

>Which software will work?
Maybe ImageMagick has this?
>>
https://i.imgur.com/Mztv9jC.jpg

If you right-click this and try to save it, does the filename in the save box change from the filename in the URL for you guys too? Also, comfy pic.
>>
>>57568811
I guess I should specify that you should open the image in a new tab, and then right-click the picture and Save As.
>>
So i want to "access/get sent" some images to a phone each day.

Im trying to mess with whatsapp apis but i think its a dead end, anyone has any idea on something like this?

Basically its 3mb of jpgs
>>
>>57568820
>>57568811
no, the filename stays the same for me.
>>
File: sqt.png (45KB, 499x190px) Image search: [Google]
sqt.png
45KB, 499x190px
>>57568820
>>57568811

Is this what you wanted to know?
>>
>>57568851
Yeah I just tried it in Chromium and it doesn't change the name there. In Firefox with uBlock Origin, uMatrix, NoScript (for ABE/XSS protection), Self-Destructing Cookies, Private Tab, and HTTPS Everywhere it does. No idea what would cause it.
>>
>>57568864
Yeah, thanks. See:
>>57568865
>>
Dear /sqt/.

Everytime I try to transfer files from one of PCs at my work, running Xubuntu, by pendrive, I keep getting corrupted data, when I try to open them on another PC, running Windows.

I tried two different pendrives so far and different USB ports - I copy files, then unmount the pendrive, but result is always the same.

How can I solve this problem?
>>
I just got fucked over by Zalman
I bought their ZM-Z1 case, it comes with 1 rear & 1 front 120mm fans and that's it. There is no top emplacement, and even if there is holes in the front for another 120mm fan they don't give the screws. Anyone know where i cand some ?
>>
>>57568929
Corrupted how?
>>
File: 1471172960317.png (21KB, 1049x533px) Image search: [Google]
1471172960317.png
21KB, 1049x533px
>https://db-ip.com/all/25.169.55
>United Kingdom - UK Ministry of Defence

What?
>>
>>57568929
Reboot Linux, then use a program like rsync (which verifies it copied correctly using checksums) and then run sync before you umount.

Feel like that should catch just any potential issues on the copying side.
>>
File: Nucleus_Qt_SEP_WM_001-DC2C25E0.jpg (60KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nucleus_Qt_SEP_WM_001-DC2C25E0.jpg
60KB, 800x480px
What is the easiest way to create interactive GUIs kinda like embedded software?
>>
File: corrupted.jpg (504KB, 1033x729px) Image search: [Google]
corrupted.jpg
504KB, 1033x729px
>>57568948

Like this one.

It should show columns of data. Instead it shows those... things.
>>
Thinking of buying a switch to attach to my router and buying a couple of used NAS enclosures. Is this a viable option or will there not be enough bandwidth? If I stick to enclosures with 2x Ethernet ports and buy a switch with enough ports. Would this basically be a pleb-tier SAN?
>>
>>57569033

Im not very experienced with linux myself, you mean I should open terminal at flashdrive location and then type something like "F:// rsync"?
>>
Anyone has any experience installing Windows 7 on the new skylake chipset ? I can't add the usb 3.0 drivers it's killing me
>>
I remember some website which had download links for is images of most windows versions, so you can download them conveniently. Anyone knows which website that is? Microsoft doesn't even offer a download for vista anymore, and I need it.
>>
Im looking for a basic Linux distro, which comes with a wide varity of hardware drivers, but no preinstalled DE applications, like image viewer, player etc. It can boot into CLI for all I care. And preferably uses APT for package management. Does such a thing exist?
>>
>>57569086
>>57569086
No. Linux only has one regular filesystem tree, it doesn't break them up into namespaces by drive letter like windows does. But judging by what you're asking I think the terminal option isn't going to work.

You might want to verify that the USB key is formatted fat32 or NTFS.
>>
>>57569159
I know Debian asks you which DE you want during installation, I think you could just not select any of them?
>>
>>57557667
/v/? the same retards that run around 'pcmasterrace' and at the same time have no clue about actual tech? i wouldn't trust them
>>
>>57569172
yeah, but i just want the desktop, not all the useless applications with it. and debian install complete DEs. maybe it's time to build my own
>>
>>57569195
just use arch already, fuck. apt isn't even that good.
>>
>>57569212
arch is bleeding edge. not a possibility
>>
What happened to desktop threads? Despite all the anime shit it was nice to see how other people went about ricing their OS. Is there a big community focussed around this that I'm missing?
>>
>>57557076
What happens when I don't specify a user in ssh. Like when i just type
 ssh domain 

What user am I using then?
>>
>>57569232
So you'd rather "build your own" and you assume this will have fewer bugs?

>>57569269
Unless you specified elsewhere (config files, -l flag, etc) the one you are logged in as. So if you are killgore, it would be the same as doing killgore@domain
>>
>>57569285
>killgore@domain
But what if there is no user named killgore on the system I am logging in to?
>>
>>57569300
Then it will ask for a password, but no password will be accepted. This is the same as if you typed the username manually but it was not there.
>>
>>57569319
Ah ok, I see. Thanks!
>>
>>57568210
Yes
There is a payed version too with small extras
The open one you can still sell your eork
>>
I just downloaded the Gentoomen Library, any recommendations for my first read ?
>>
Are there any gtx 1060s that have 2 hdmi outputs?
>>
EE or CS? Why?
>>
File: 1475431525540.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1475431525540.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>57569146
Anyone? Please help, can't find it
>>
If I make a donload from a website, which doesn't use https, will the download be completely unencrypted?
>>
I'm using Iridium 54.0.0, and would like to remove one of the extensions that come with it. (The CryptoToken component)
I cannot do it via the usual of going into Appdata/Local/Iridium/User Data/Default/Extensions or what-was-it, since there is no folder with the add-on ID.

If all else fails - is there a solid Chromium-based alternative?
>>
>>57569719
You're question is a bit ambiguous, because a lot of sites aren't one server with one connection.

But assuming you're talking about the connection the file is going over, if it's not https (that is http over TLS) then generally no.
>>
>>57557194
>im afraid this thing under vague circumstances will happen

what cpu do you have? the GPU will always fit because all modern desktop platforms have PCI-e
>>
Anyone know how to code an app using Android Studio that will download a section of a Google Map(a town, parish), save it for offline use and use the GPS API to plot one's coordinates onto the map? Any tutorial links will help tbqh?
>>
I picked up some compressed air to dust my PC. I've never cleaned a custom built PC before, so what internals should I avoid? I assume the mobo is the obvious answer, but is that so? And anything else?
>>
I work on a 2th gen i7 with Linux.
Is it wise to buy a 6th gen I7 + Z170 mobo now ?
>>
>>57570826
>>57570826
>>57570826

new bread

>>57570826
>>57570826
>>57570826
>>
>>57558656
K.A Stroud, Engineering Mathematics. Any edition should be fine. PDFs available online. This seems to be the meme engineering maths book for a lot of UK unis. The progression in it is good as well, you can skip anything you already know.
>>
On linux, when using dpms screen blanking, the screen wont un-blank by mouse or keypress anymore.
I can kick the screen back on by switching vt (alt+ctrl+f1-6)
Any ideas why this is happening?
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.