[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 37

File: 1453232362824.png (83KB, 740x406px) Image search: [Google]
1453232362824.png
83KB, 740x406px
previous: >>57534529

What are you working on, /g/?
>>
>>57539855
I use vim.
>>
File: lol funny xkcd comic.jpg (61KB, 667x645px) Image search: [Google]
lol funny xkcd comic.jpg
61KB, 667x645px
>xkcd
Fuck you OP
You're a faggot
>>
daily reminder that there's a programming anime where each language is a real girl soon TM
>>
>>57539925
I'm actually surprised it hasn't already been done, considering Upotte is a thing.
>>
Python?
>>
>>57539937
C#
>>
Anyone had any experience working with chatbot APIs? Or better yet, made their own chatbot?

I'm considering developing a chatbot but I don't really know where to start. There are loads of APIs and platforms.
>>
>>57539925
anime name?
>>
so /dpt/. were humans software coded wrong? It seems our entire way of thinking is designed for another type of hardware than the one we went into the civilized era with. If we approached consciousness in another way would we work better?
>>
>>57539947
Turns out the botnet is pretty good at bots. I was able to make some simple interactions pretty quick with this:
https://bots.botframework.com/

IBM has an interesting offering with Bluemix + Watson, but it's a bit rough and isn't quite as intuitive.

It's pretty scary how easy it is to set up basic applications with cognitive services with things like Azure and Bluemix.
>>
>>57539970
deep post
*farts*
>>
>>57539970
>the debugger tries to debug its own code
>http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/debugger.png
>>
File: 1444070838732.gif (479KB, 434x444px) Image search: [Google]
1444070838732.gif
479KB, 434x444px
>>57539993
stop posting xkcd, this isn't reddit
>>
File: (Image PNG, 280 × 279 pixels).png (33KB, 280x279px) Image search: [Google]
(Image PNG, 280 × 279 pixels).png
33KB, 280x279px
https://jsfiddle.net/pzpqL9ou/2/

Why my fractal get pixelated after 47 zooms ? I think it has something to do with the maxium floating point or something like that

Also i feel like my code is shit, any idea to improve it ?
>>
>xkcd
>>
>>57539928
Yeah, it's a mystery but I guess nipponese take a straight career decision so they mostly learn either drawing or coding, not a combination of both.

It's apparently a more education based animoo rather than a "lets sell as much figurines and garbage as we can get", so I'm guessing it's to motivate more children toward IT.
>>
File: doggos.webm (1MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
doggos.webm
1MB, 720x406px
What's the difference between #pragma once and #ifndef CLASS_H #define CLASS_H?
>>
>>57540009
>Frankly, I dear, I couldn't care less.
>https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/clark_gable.jpg
>>
>>
>>57540028
>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1143936
>>
The lack of async/await in constructors is a pain in the ass. What's the best way to asynchronously load data when creating a viewmodel?
>>
>>57539970
We are neural nets. The hardcoding hardly has to do with the specifics of what we learn. You do not have an English instinct but its probable that you have a language instinct. You don't have a 21st Century post-post-industrial culture instinct, but you do have cultural adaptation instincts. Humans are pretty malleable.
>>
>>57539855
>What are you working on?
tracking my money

programs like this probably already exist, but I wanted something special that can

1) pull feeds from my bank account + credit card
2) show my actual money (bank account + (confirmed) credit card transactions)
3) categorise each and every individual transaction, probably through regex or something
4) chuck it all into a google spreadsheet and have amazon lambda update it every 30 minutes or so

that would be simple to do, but I want something better:

5) show my unconfirmed credit card transactions
6) pull feeds from things which have flat payments, e.g. gym membership/public transport/work.
e.g. every day I might spend $4 for public transport, but I only get debited when my transport balance goes below a threshold and then they take $50 from the credit card.
I want to show the $4 instantly on the day it was used, not just one big $50 payment every 20 days or whatever.
also other things like getting paid every Friday for work, but I want to show my money as going up on the individual days I work.
>>
Did we ever figure out how to average two ints in C?
>>
>>57539980
Thanks, I'll look into these.
>>
>>57539855
what's the shittiest job interview question you got asked, /g/ ?
>>
>>57540050
Did we ever get a formal definition of the average of two ints?
>>
>>57540050
int i=1;
int j=3;
int average = (int) ( (double) i / (double) j));

You cannot deny this.
>>
>>57540009
If you have to post them at least use a lighter protocol
gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/p/fun/xkcd/comics/1160/1163/debugger.png
>>
>>57540032
>wearing t-shirts that are supposed to present that you're part of some identity that you find virtuous
cringy.
>>
>>57540046
Use Mint to aggregate your data, then either scrape your own or use this Python library to retrieve the data:
https://github.com/mrooney/mintapi

From there, you can integrate the cumulative spends like your transport balance into a custom application.
>>
>>57540092
im in australia :(
but thanks anyhow
>>
>>57540070
>Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Well, Mr. Fagtron, ideally I'll be on a yacht in the Caribbean doing blow off of an imported Swedish trophy wife's natural titties. I will, of course, have signed a watertight prenuptial to avoid potential complications.

Realistically speaking, it's disingenuous to even estimate where you'll be in 5 years, particularly when you're near the beginning of your career and not married.

I actually basically said all this last time, and got the job, so I guess honesty is a good way to go.
>>
>>57540009
>this isn't reddit
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>57539855
Are anime thumbnails for dpt officially deprecated?
>>
>>57540154
Now that you asked, yes.
>>
>>57540076
you fukin wut m8
>>
>>57540154
No, people are just trolling when they don't post anime.
>>
>>57540070
>What interests you about our company
>>
>>57540078
>cringy
Said the 4chan poster.
>>
>>57540175
what are you gonna do about it big boy?
>>
>>57540172
You are actually crazy enough considering to hire me. Then again I am secretly thinking that all your programmers will have no idea how to properly program, and that I am just going to be another soulless cog in your machine that is crushed by the bloat that you have been accumulating for years.
>>
>>57540178
Nothing. It's not like i'm not a 4chan poster meself.
>>
>>57540009
>this isn't reddit
>posts normie anime pictures
>>
>>57540286
that's a 4chan maymay made on 4chan you plebe.
>>
>>57540286
>normie
You've got to go back
>>>/r9k/
>>
Hey. I made an ASCII decimal code converter in C. 81 outputs Q character. .81 outputs solid right arrow and any number with a period before it for that matter and 113 outputs q. Is this correct?
>>
>>57540445
Nevermind. I googled a chart and confirmed it's correct. How do I allow myself to enter two values in the same program? I doubt my professor wants two screenshots. I currently end with return 0; which I presume means to end the program when you press any key.
>>
>>57540445
>.81 outputs solid right arrow and any number with a period before it for that matter
wat

The rest is fine but this is literally the easiest task ever in C
putchar(81);

wow an ASCII decimal code converter!
>>
>>57540540
loop until the user enters a non-number or something like 'q' (for quit).
>>
>>57540540
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
int n;

while (1) {
scanf("%d", &n);
printf("%c\n", n);
}
}

Enter a number, the ASCII character is displayed on the next line. Press Ctrl+C to quit.
>>
>>57540546
No. I think it is correct already. It assumes any value you input is a decimal anyway. Putting in .81 doesn't make logical sense.

>>57540562
Thanks brother. I should have figured that.
>>
>>57540070
>can i program in girl clothes at the office?
>>
>>57540540
>I currently end with return 0; which I presume means to end the program when you press any key.
return 0 means what it says, it returns 0. If this is the main function that means it returns 0 back to the environment where the program was executed and ends the program. It does not include anything about "when you press any key", that's probably the IDE or other environment you are running the program in.
>>
>Get some source code.
>Compile it, alright.
>Try to run it.
>Error dll not found.
>wat.png, i need to compile some other dll.
>Get dll source code.
>mfw i need to compile yet another dll after.
>Get next dll.
>Errors out the ass.
>why.dds
>This dll has no includes included.
>Download include files.
>Error someshit class not found.
>FUCK
>Notice includes are made in C and C++, with dependencies for some other framework
>Jesus fuck.
>Get all the fucking includes.
>Notice all this bullshit have the SAME NAME INCLUDE FOLDER and can't figure what the fuck is the correct one because they have the same fucking exact names but with different code in them.

This shit is maddening, i can only imagine the clusterfuck of files the person that compiled this bullshit has.
>>
nano

nothing more is needed
>>
>>57540680
Gross
>>
>>57540680
what? why did you use an anime word not even knowing what it means? what kind of retardation is this?
>>
>>57540629
Thanks. I wrote it slightly different. Sorry. I don't know how to make the white text boxes.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main()
{
int a;
printf("Enter an ASCII code value\n");
scanf("%d",&a);

char b = (char)a;
printf("The character that corresponds to that ASCII code is %c\n",b);

return 0;
}
>>
File: anal beads.png (569KB, 737x1401px) Image search: [Google]
anal beads.png
569KB, 737x1401px
Can we all be friends now?

https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/16/microsoft-joins-the-linux-foundation/?ncid=rss
>>
>>57540742
>Node.js
>>
>>57540738
>>51971506
>>
>>57540665
Thanks. I'm using Pelles C as it seems good for windows and lighter than visual studio.
>>
I used to write all my cote in notepad++, but after a while I found it too bloated.

Now I use default windows notepad and it works like a charm.

t. win programmer
>>
>>57540776
>not using DOS to code
>>
>>57540776
What is the point of this post?

Why would you think that anyone would believe that someone could be this silly?

Does this post count as one of your coveted (You)s?
>>
>>57540776
After using emacs I think I'd rather kill myself than use Notepad to program
>>
@57540776
epic
>>
>>57540776
>using notepad>open file written on *nix system>mlw (my lines when)
>>
Is this big news for people who program on Mac?
>>
>>57540812
Big news for some, not relevant to others.

Your question is poorly worded, and any anecdotal answer would not help you form any coherent thought on the subject.
>>
>>57540858
I just put some words alongside the image to open up the topic
Thank you
>>
>>57540070
>What are your general thoughts on software development
Something along those lines, they gave me exactly zero ideas on what to answer

Same for best:
> What do you think are the two greatest advantages and disadvantages of CLI versus GUI applications
>>
>>57540776
When I write code, I always use
echo code > program.c
to be honest.
>>
File: 2016-11-16-2336-37.webm (1MB, 796x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-16-2336-37.webm
1MB, 796x1050px
>>57540793
I am not joking you fucking faggot.

Notepad++ is neat, but it has all these buttons and menus that I don't know the purpose of, and they make me anxious. It's like I'm not using the software correctly or something.

Regular notepad, you can't fuck up.
>>
>>57540930
My immediate thoughts:
CLI:
>better for automation with RMM tools like LabTech and Kaseya
>much less maintenance
>poor (non-power)user experience
>display of information is limited

GUI:
>better UI/UX, generally easier to use
>Can display complex data visualizations to properly communicate ideas
>Virtually impossible to properly automate in an enterprise
>Vastly greater development time, testing, and maintenance

Some kind of redundant, I guess.
>>
I have an irrational hatred of the term 'syntactic sugar'.
>>
>>57540932
Echo a program to print "Hello\n /World"
>>
>>57541018
I think that's fair, considering that virtually everything is syntactic sugar for something lower-level.
>>
>>57540992
Wew answered about the same, but added SSH control as a CLI advantage since their business was remote server management
>>
>>57541018
For the term, or the concept?

I'd ask why, but you can't base an interesting conversation on 'irrational'.
>>
>>57540948
>all these buttons and menus that I don't know the purpose of, and they make me anxious. It's like I'm not using the software correctly or something.
I feel the same way about Visual Studio tbqh.
>>
>>57541101
>you can't base an interesting conversation on 'irrational'.
t. Q
>>
>>57540948
>fpc
noice
>>
>>57541109
I did too, at first.
Then i got used to some of the features, learned to ignore other, and now i can't be comfortable with anything else.
>>
>>57541129
wat?
>>
>spend a few days trying to create a program for an assignment to no avail
>change one line of code and everything compiles flawlessly
Is this the feeling you guys live for?
>>
>>57541109
I used to feel that way about Visual Studio, and then I slowly started exploring all the built-in tools.

Now, it's either Visual Studio or I'd have to create a "totally-not-an-IDE" out of whatever text editor by configuring tens of addons.

All of the debug features, Paste Special, IntelliSense with object/method/property filtering, git and other version control integrations, automatic NuGet package management, Xamarin built-in, and most of all, it's what I'm used to now.
>>
>>57540812
It would be, if I had the least interest in IDEs.
>>
>>57541173
>his IDE didn't identify the issue and suggest a fix for that line of code
>>
>>57541109
I use all the buttons on Visual studio, snippets, templates, debugger.
I even make extensive use of the cloud with azure.
>>
>>57541173
> write from scratch for a whole day
> compiles first time
Bretty gud.
>>
>>57541188
I'm doing this shit in Notepad++
>>
>>57540070
"why are you only wearing striped pantsu and thigh high socks?!"
>>
>>57541139
I don't know why FPC isn't the most popular language in the world.

It's like the best of all worlds. It's as multi-platform as it gets, it has a gui builder, it's decently fast, it can do embedded as well as high level programming, it compiles in the blink of an eye, saves you from dll hell by including everything in the binary, AND it doesn't need a fucking bloated VM running in the background to do any of this, it complies into a native binary.

Why the fuck would you use anything else?
>>
>>57541192
>azure
Holy fuck, this thing is like programmer's cocaine.

Stupidly easy to set up backend data and integration services.

Plus, I get $100 of play-money in Azure every month (on my personal Microsoft account) because I work for a company that's a Microsoft Gold Partner.

Azure makes me erect. Metaphorically speaking.
>>
>>57541101
The term. I'll let you know if I ever figure put why. I think it has to do with the sugar part specifically
>>
>>57541259
What would you rather call it, then?
>>
Can you guys help me with something? I'm trying to use backtracking to return HashSet of Strings of all possible topological sorts of a graph. I was able to get my program to return one path through the graph and that's it, so I think it has to do with my return statements.
>>
File: file.png (362KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
362KB, 400x400px
Hey guys, having a little trouble trying to do this. I'm trying to create a basket in session. All I'm getting displayed are the itemID, when I want the ID, Name, Price and Brand. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Not very good at PHP, but trying to learn!

Add to the Shopping Cart
<?php

$SQL = "SELECT * FROM differentItem WHERE Id = '$Id'":;
if (empty($_SESSION['Cart'])){
$_SESSION['Cart'] = array();
$_SESSION['Description'] = array();
}

array_push($_SESSION['Cart'], $_GET['Id']);

?>

The Shopping Cart
$whereIn = implode(',', $_SESSION['Cart']);

$sql = "SELECT * FROM differentItem WHERE Id IS ($whereIn)";

$array = $_SESSION['Cart'];
$totalItems = count($_SESSION['Cart']);

echo 'You have : ';
echo $totalItems;
echo ' product(s) in your basket.';

foreach ($array as &$value) {
echo "<p>Item ID: $value\n";
}
>>
File: durga.png (1MB, 1273x717px) Image search: [Google]
durga.png
1MB, 1273x717px
>>57541259
Makes sense to me.

Sprinkled on top to make what's underneath more palatable.
>>
>>57539855
How many of you guys make your own stylesheets for your favorite web pages or create your own home page from scratch? Starting into web and I'm curious.
>>
>>57541295
Why do you think that echo is going to print anything other than the IDs in Cart?
>>
>>57541332
I don't even know what i want, so i just take free shit from colorlib or something.
>>
>>57541332
AppChan X and Stylish exist.

I don't use a home page. When I open a new tab, my navigation is done by typing 1-4 letters into the address bar, and Firefox autocompletes based on what I normally select from those letters.
>>
>>57541347
In that instance I don't. That just displays the ID. How would I display the others?

I did an echo on the $array and it only had the ID saved. Am I not inserting into the array right or am I displaying ti wrong?
>>
>>57541332
>>>/g/wdg
>>
File: L1itwWd.jpg (224KB, 1024x608px) Image search: [Google]
L1itwWd.jpg
224KB, 1024x608px
>>
File: output.webm (282KB, 522x306px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
282KB, 522x306px
Working on my terminal emulator, just finished adding support for (f, F, t, T) vi-like movements.

Just trying to delay having to work on URL hints as much as possible because that part is going to be hard to make without incurring too much performance cost.
>>
>>57541295
your code can be exploited to breach the database
try again
>>
File: file.png (1017KB, 1223x868px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1017KB, 1223x868px
>>57541347

array_push($_SESSION['Cart'], $_GET['Id'], $Description, '$Price', '$ImagePath');

How do I attach variables to the array that aren't INT? If I don't put them in quotation marks, I'll get an Array to String conversion error.
>>
>>57539937
python.
>>
>>57540032
crisis = rewrites every 2 days or every 2 weeks or every month

to do anything decent, it must be a crisis

all the ease of use - the lubricated efficiency that people gain from a well written system --

that must be paid for in weeks, months or years of cyclical torturous mental process, everything must be ground out in the brain of the designer -- every consequence every eventuality every possibility... EVERYTHING
>>
File: unity mesh drawlines.png (69KB, 759x409px) Image search: [Google]
unity mesh drawlines.png
69KB, 759x409px
So I've created a program in Unity that creates Objetcs and lines that connect them and a Mesh that goes all around.

So far so good, but the Mesh is offset even though I'm reading the position in the same way and I can't wrap my head around why this is happening

The position is stored in a Shot object and for the lines I use
Vector3 start = alpha.shot.transform.position;
Vector3 end = omega.shot.transform.position;

and for the Mesh I use
List<Vector3> vertices = new List<Vector3>();
foreach (Shot s in shotList)
{
vertices.Add(s.shot.transform.position);
}

Anyone ever encountered this?
>>
>>57541610
>doing low level graphics programming on the scripting layer of a 3D video game engine

Software development was a mistake.
>>
>>57540742
no.
>>
>>57539957
masou gakuen hxh
>>
>>57540742
>Russia and the US can be friends now.
>MS and Linux can be friends now.

What's going on??
I feel like in a hundred years we will live in united continental countries.
>>
File: Q.jpg (344KB, 1168x900px) Image search: [Google]
Q.jpg
344KB, 1168x900px
>>57541166
>>
What's the willy wonka of programming?
>>
>>57541627

I blame the internet.
>>
>>57541774
What is the purpose of this question?

The idea of Willy Wonka is pretty nebulous in how it could translate to the qualities of a programming language, so the answers to the question are not going to help you form any productive conclusion.
>>
>>57541423
I don't understand people like this. Why would you want to brand yourself or your stiff with something you don't like.

Does he keep forgetting that java sux? Does he wake up in the morning, excited for another day working with java, and needs to remind himself when walking out to his car that, "oh, right. java sux"? Did he have a good day at the office, doing java, thinking "hey, this java thing is pretty good", and need to remind himself that java sux on his way back home because his wife won't let him inside the house if he can't demonstrate a sufficient level of dislike for java? What?

Personally i'd prefere to be remeinded that java is a thing that exists as little as possible, and if i were the type to get a vanity plate, i'd get something i like and not something i dislike.
>>
>>57541774
lenny potter
>>
File: asdf.png (882KB, 640x645px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
882KB, 640x645px
>>57541815
Pic related.

It's complete obsession. Defining the self with negativity towards others is unhealthy. A bit like how Euros are obsessed with Americans on this website.
>>
>>57541756
Still, what is your meaning?

I don't think any conversation involving Q were ever interesting. And if i'm wrong, they were pretty much all based on Q's frustration with Picard's rationality, anyway.
>>
>>57541774
>capitalist selling poison
I'd say C#.
>>
>>57541886

C# is amazing, though.
>>
>>57541886
C# isn't poison though. It's awesome.
>>
>>57541886
>candy is poison
>C# is poison

I don't agree with either of these things.

Go and boil your head.
>>
>>57541854
Ugh. Does that person not realize they've branded themselves with the name of a person they dislike?
>>
Shit, I have to pick a subject that I will have to work on from january to mai. I can't decide what to pick though. I like one of them more I think but I will have to work with someone that I don't know for this one.

Do you guys prefer working alone or with someone else/a group ?
>>
>>57541928
Of course. Liberals don't like anything, their hearts are filled with hatred.
>>
>>57541957
hello underage also alone
>>
>>57541894
>>57541896
>>57541911
>getting triggered this easily
>>
>>57541969
>their hearts are filled with hatred.
Funny, that's exactly how liberals think conservatives are.
>>
>>57541996
It's only kinda funny. It's mostly incredibly sad. The irony is deafening.
>>
>>57541957
>but I will have to work with someone that I don't know for this one
Looks like an excellent opportunity to get rid of that crippling social anxiety.
>>
>>57541993

I'm still mad.
>>
>>57542038
Here's another one: muh gun rights.
>>
>>57541996

And liberals have a habit of being chronically wrong.

>haha drumpf won't accept the outcome of the election because he's thinks it's rigged
>wtf drumpf won? rigged! time to riot!
>>
>>57542011
The irony is on both sides of the political field.
>>
>>57542031
Nah, I don't have social anxiety, I currently have to work with 7 others people I didn't know before for another project and everything goes well.
It's just that I found annoying to work with someone else, it's more convenient to work alone I think.
>>
>>57542051
Shut the fuck up, Austin. No one cares what you think.
>>
>>57542051
specifically
>Time to riot in the states that voted for Hillary
I love watching liberals self destruct. It's like magic.

>>57542056
No, it's mostly on the liberal side.
>>
>>57542066
Working alone doesn't scale.
>>
>>57542099
Horizontally or vertically?
>>
>>57542088
>Having this little self distance.
>>
File: 1bbr7r.jpg (200KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1bbr7r.jpg
200KB, 1200x630px
>>57542071

wrong
>>
>>57542071
>We have a mad protestor here.
>>
>>57542099
Unfortunately, yes. What kind of job IT-related can be done alone? Everything in software development is usually too big to be done alone.
>>
>>57542142
Politics are programmed into people's minds.
>>
>>57542142
>complains about politics in the Daily Politics Thread
>>
File: pol.jpg (109KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
pol.jpg
109KB, 900x900px
>>>/pol/
gtfo you fucking retards, nobody wants you here
>>
>tfw you program an entire functionality based on the wrong input, but you manage to get it to work

What the actual fuck? I was trying to program ratios of an image to get some margins. But I accidentally started with the wrong background image. After fiddling around with it for hours, I managed to get the effect I want. But it's so sketchy cause it's based off of the values of a completely separate entity. LOL
>>
>>57542183
Should have done the general case.
>>
File: 2NqZJYQI.png (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2NqZJYQI.png
12KB, 400x400px
Maybe you guys can help me out.
I'm looking for the head first android developing book, but I'm only finding pdfs from 2012.
Has anything changed in the newer issues? Does anybody have a link to a newer one?
>>
I'm going to embed myself under a duvet in a corner and do some code monkeying.
>>
>>57541815
is this copypasta because that's not a legal plate
>>
>>57539855
Nothing. I'm in the bottom part of my depression cycle. Can't code.

I've been replaying Deus Ex: Human Revolution for several days now and doing almost nothing else.

But next week I'll code again, I know it.
>>
>>57542482
>But next week I'll code again, I know it.
Yeah i tell that to myself every week.
>>
>>57542482
What will you make then?
>>
>>57542146
Freelance i guess... even then you're severely limiting your options.

Maybe system/database admin or some shit like that?
>>
>>57542146
vidya gaym developer of course.
>>
Is it hard to program 3D applications using 3d pdfs?
I were asked to do something with them.
>>
>>57539855
A 5 dices poker hand evaluator which return a score. It's hard to do something elegant.
hand : [4 4 3 2 1] comp: [[3 2 1] [4] [] [] []] score : 1038
hand : [5 5 4 2 0] comp: [[4 2 0] [5] [] [] []] score : 2069
hand : [5 5 2 1 0] comp: [[2 1 0] [5] [] [] []] score : 2055
hand : [5 1 1 0 0] comp: [[5] [1 0] [] [] []] score : 4320
hand : [5 4 2 2 0] comp: [[5 4 0] [2] [] [] []] score : 305
hand : [5 5 1 1 0] comp: [[0] [5 1] [] [] []] score : 6273
hand : [5 4 4 1 0] comp: [[5 1 0] [4] [] [] []] score : 1059
hand : [2 2 2 2 0] comp: [[0] [] [] [2] []] score : 268435457
>>
>>57542672

>mfw applying to jobs
>they ask if I've used C# before
>say yes, in Unity
>mfw they ask judgementally "you make games?"

INSTANT DISQUALIFICATION.

Never do this.
>>
>>57542722
Which language? Share your code anon.
>>
>>57542731
To be fair, doing the scripting component in C# in Unity, or doing the Ruby scripting in something like RPG Maker, does not provide any sort of reference of skill other than a basic understanding of the language's syntax.
>>
>>57542550
I'll try to finish this one project I'm getting bored at. Then I can do something nicer.
>>
>>57542732
golang.
type Dices struct {
d []int
res [5][]int
score uint32
}

func (d *Dices) calculateScore() uint32 {
var score uint32
score = 0
for i := 0; i < len(d.res[0]); i += 1 {
score += (1 << (uint32)(d.res[0][i]))
}
for i := 0; i < len(d.res[1]); i += 1 {
score += (1 << (uint32)(d.res[1][i]+6))
}
if len(d.res[1]) > 1 {
score += (1 << 12)
}
for i := 0; i < len(d.res[2]); i += 1 {
score += (1 << (uint32)(d.res[2][i]+13))
}
if len(d.res[2]) > 0 && len(d.res[1]) > 0 {
score += (1 << 19)
}
for i := 0; i < len(d.res[4]); i += 1 {
score += (1 << (uint32)(d.res[4][i]+20))
}
for i := 0; i < len(d.res[3]); i += 1 {
score += (1 << (uint32)(d.res[3][i]+26))
}
d.score = score
return score
}

func (d *Dices) evaluateHand() {
sort.Sort(sort.Reverse(sort.IntSlice(d.d)))
prev := d.d[0]
var res [5][]int
//res[0] = append(res[0], prev)
cs, ck := 1, 1
for i := 1; i < len(d.d); i += 1 {
v := d.d[i]
if v == prev {
ck += 1
} else {
res[ck-1] = append(res[ck-1], prev)
ck = 1
if v == prev-1 {
cs += 1
} else {
if cs == 5 {
res[4] = append(res[4], prev)
}
cs = 1
}
}
prev = v
}
res[ck-1] = append(res[ck-1], prev)
if cs == 5 {
res[4] = append(res[4], prev)
}
d.res = res
}
>>
>>57542672
Lol no.
Well, maybe some small retro indie shit.
>>
File: beautiful_code.png (348KB, 570x738px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful_code.png
348KB, 570x738px
>>57542762
>>
>>57542755

Have you made your own scripts in Unity before?

The only thing different about it is Unity specific libraries. You still make classes, objects, functions, interfaces, etc.

And if anything, it's more complex because game development requires actual knowledge of math such as vectors.
>>
>>57542755
100% untrue. Depending on the company, experience making games in a plus. Anything that shows you actual have passion for programming.
>>
Anyone have any recommendations for learning 6502 assembly? Looking into doing some Atari 2600 development.
>>
>>57542762
disgusting
>>
What is the easiest way to work with csv files ? I am getting them fed as multiple txt files on my computer. I just need to do some basic manipulation with them so I can output some useful info. (more or less trying to automate some basic stuff I do by hand with notepad and a calculator)

They come out of a program I have no control over. So like for example, 6 files will get created in a given directory on my computer.

I do programming but I never do practical stuff or actually useful scripting. I am pretty certain there is an easy way to do this. I am on windows by the way.
>>
>>57542867
use literally any popular CSV library. What langugae?
>>
>>57542867
open file
read it line by line
split line by commas
do what you want to do values
profit
>>
>>57542937
>split line by commas
You can have commas in quotes in a CSV file
"this, mr anonymous poster, is only two fields","see?"
>>
>>57542892
well the actual work doesn't take long. So if I have to dick around in command line feeding in files or doing other setup its not really going to save me anything. Ideally I would want something where I could just drag in drop or select the files and have my program/script run and the output spit out.
>>
>>57542983
Use Python's CSV library, it's really easy to work with
>>
>>57542867
>>57542983
C# or Python would make this trivial.

Both are easy beginner languages with excellent built-in CSV parsing.
>>
>>57542983
>>57542989
Powershell is also an option, though id prefer Python
>>
finished a little man computer simulator
>>
>>57543013
Nice, post code
>>
>>57542983
What langugaes do you know? That really is going to determine what's going to be easiest for you.
>>
>>57542962
finite state machine
>encounter (unescaped) quote:
>if inside_quote then inside_quote = false, else inside_quote = true
>encounter comma:
>if !inside_quote its a new column, else treat it like any other character
>>
Why half of the git commands do multiple different things?
How come it in 2016 still be the industry standard with such a poor design?
Did linus literally knew 10 english words so he had to pack all funcitonality in as few commands as possible?
>>
>>57543072
git gud
>>
>>57543086
pastebin or gist or something, fagtron
>>
>>57543122
>>57543020
http://pastebin.com/pc4J4PvN

rate, run examples too, there's 4 example programs, last one is a quine
>>
>>57543035
c, c#, c++, java, javascript
>>
>>57539947
Right now I'm writing one. Maybe you'll find something useful.
Then again I wrote it with IRCs in mind.
Feel free to criticize me.
https://github.com/Dragas/bIRC
>>
>>57543176
Use C# and https://www.nuget.org/packages/CsvHelper/3.0.0-beta7
>>
File: 1477262005877.jpg (94KB, 677x631px) Image search: [Google]
1477262005877.jpg
94KB, 677x631px
Where do I start if I want to program my computer to be my gf?
>>
>>57543312
make a pornhub repo and cummit every day
>>
File: 1478438402085.gif (478KB, 202x199px) Image search: [Google]
1478438402085.gif
478KB, 202x199px
$argstring = (string) $argv[1];
$argint = (int) $argv[2];
$argfloat = (float) $argv[3];
$argvbool = (boolean) $argv[4];

is it bad that i dont follow popular variable naming conventions? i dont like camelCase or snake_case so i use code related. is that bad?
>>
>>57543357
you should use camelCase
>>
>>57543366
You should use what the language/project convention dictates.
If what language dictates is shit then your language is shit.
>>
File: vomitchan.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
vomitchan.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>57543330
If I wanted a whore I would pursue 3D.
>>
>>57543357
You shouldn't care about what's popular or not but your code is shit.

Name like_this
>>
>>57542237
Bump?
>>
File: incrediblyimportantpicture.png (59KB, 1300x736px) Image search: [Google]
incrediblyimportantpicture.png
59KB, 1300x736px
>>
File: wewewe.png (2KB, 331x46px) Image search: [Google]
wewewe.png
2KB, 331x46px
>>57543086
I used to make tons of little cpu emulators, tons of fun my dude

union {
struct {
union {
struct {
u8 fS: 1;
u8 fZ: 1;
u8 n1: 1;
u8 fA: 1;
u8 n2: 1;
u8 fP: 1;
u8 n3: 1;
u8 fC: 1;
};
u8 F : 8;
};
u8 A: 8;
};
u16 AF;
} AF;
>>
>>57543375
Few languages actually dictate coding style.

On that topic, do struct names begin with a capital or lower case?
>>
>>57543464
this except the smaller bubbles should also mention anime
>>
>>57543477
capital
They're public classes in c++
>>
>>57543477
If we're talking about variable naming, than most do.
Even if not by any official document, then it's rather a bad practice to do something different than camelCase in java for example
>>
>>57543464
>>57543489
This has not been accurate since well before reddit even existed. Also, why is this in /dpt/?
>>
Nothing because I don't know how to program, but thanks for asking
>>
>>57543465
tomorrow i will make a chip-8
>>
>>57543489
I think that's implied friend.
>>
>>57543465
Is this leggit or the only purpose is to crash the human brain?

AAA
>>
>>57543535
that's all well and good until reddit comes along and starts saying "oh it doesnt explicitly say anime so no anime" or stuff like "ohh it only used to be a weebsite now its a regular website"
>>
>>57543525
>chip-8
Nice, are you gonna do i/o? video and stuff? I've never done too much of that in one of mine.

>>57543541
the status register needs to be bit addressable, but also it needs to be able to be (for example) pushed/popped on/off the stack. This accomplishes this.
>>
>>57543524
*chuckles*
>>
>>57543524
I don't know how to program either, doesn't mean I can't hang out here!
>>
>>57543503
Java particularly, has a very strong association to a code style, but even there it is just a convention and not actually dictated by the language.

The languages i can think of that dictate code style is Python and Haskell, that have semantic white spaces.
Assuming we don't want to over generalize, because of course all syntax in some general sense must dictate code style to some degree.
>>
>>57543524
You should learn.

>>57543579
Yes it does, unless you're actively working on rectifying that.
>>
>>57543614
it seems interesting but I'm lazy and get caught up on excuses like not knowing which language to settle on that I'll end up finding the most use out of months/years from now.
>>
>>57543604
in Haskell you can use braces and semicolons to bypass significant whitespace
>>
>>57543524
Learn python, it'sss really usefull in the everyday lifessss
>>
>>57543495
Then why am i spontaneously making my structs start with lowercase and classes with uppercase?
>>
>>57543568
i opened up the wikipedia article and looked up the opcodes and how it is in terms of registers and memory, im thinking of doing the whole thing that's described there - it involves some visuals and some sound, but it seems very doable, though more code than little man computer
>>
>>57543637
Just learn Python. It's pretty easy and fun™
>>
In C++, is it important to know if a specific variable is stored in the heap/stack?

Is there any real benefit in knowing? I know heap is dynamic and stack is static. But is there any real difference between implementing one vs the other?
>>
>>57543614
>Yes it does, unless you're actively working on rectifying that.
Try and stop me. I might be trying, but I'm really good at failing.
>>
>>57543637
Then start with C.

Or Haskell, if you want to go all mathfag.
>>
>>57543697
Are you at least a cute girl(male)?
>>
>>57543698
>haskell
>all mathfag
>>
>>57543707
yes
>>
>>57543698
>mathfag
you mean computer-sciencefag
>>
>>57543698
You should do both Haskell and C, possibly at the same time with FFI
>>
>>57543698
>Start with C.. or Haskell

I didn't read the post you were replying to, but I know this cannot possibly be the right answer.
>>
>>57543697
Oh, you meant "can't" as in "literally physically unable". In that case, thanks for that unnecessary statement, Captain Obvious.
>>
>>57540135
That this is 9gag.
>>
i forget what the name of the feature is, but does haskell do the thing where if you have A && B, if A is false, it doesn't compute B? also whats the name of that
>>
>>57543730
Enterprising OOPerson detected
>>
>>57543739
lazy and
>>
>>57543730
starting with C is stupid, but haskell is a good language to start with
>>
>>57543765
Not the anon you replied to, but why is it stupid to start with C?
>>
>>57543765
you mean Scheme right
>>
>>57543670
Ya its more or less pretty simple, pygame or something easy like that would cover a 64x32 screen as well. Maybe ill play around with it a bit instead of doing my real school projects...
>>
File: IMG_7835.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7835.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
who /shitty game developer/ here?
>>
in determining if a string has all unique characters, the optimal solution is to sort and then iterate once, right?
>>
>>57543775
This.
Starting with Scheme is stupid, starting with C is ok.
>>
>>57543730
Depends of which way you want to approach programming. C for conventional imperative programming. Haskell if you want to take the functional approach, because you're a mathfag.

>>57543725
That's what i said.
>>
>>57543778
you develop games on mac? for Iphones or?
>>
starting with C is the worst thing you could do.
>>
>>57543778
HUE
>>
>>57543774
it's a bit bare metal for noobs, and it also promotes imperative programming
>>
I think I'm nearly done this box 2d editor I'm making. Got joints, undo redo, saving loading, and everything else done. Now I'm gonna be working on importing the file to a box 2d web app and add a little play button. Should be piss easy the only thing I'm worried about is joints... the joint limits are so confusing
>>
>>57543778
can you reupload this in a higher resolution so i can see what tabs you have open?
>>
>>57543778
Fuck off, you huehue, and don't come back until you've learned to code in english.
>>
>>57543800
is this the bot or are you just a bit touched
>>
File: 1479074408799.gif (414KB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
1479074408799.gif
414KB, 480x287px
>>57543811
wrong. starting with c++ is the worst thing you can do
>>
>>57543814
newbs*
>>
>>57543783
if the string is bigger than 27 characters, then it doesn't have all unique, just so you know

an input below 27 characters, you can do pretty much anything you want, it won't be very slow, but doing it in one go and storing character vs count in an array[26] is O(n), while sorting is O(nlgn), it's up to the constants what's faster but the O(n) is possibly simpler and faster imo
>>
>>57543842
>there are only 27 possible characters
>>
i wish my fucking neighbors would shut the fuck up
>>
>>57543842
>if the string is bigger than 27 characters, then it doesn't have all unique
wrong
>>
>>57543869
>>57543877
in the alphabet it's 26, depends on what characters are allowed, ok

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
>>
i'm 100% certain this poster >>57543842 favors imperative or object oriented programming
>>
>>57543698
This. You should start from the top or the bottom. Everything in the middle is just a waste
>>
>>57543884
I only know
a) my own autism
b) the only restriction on the set of all symbols in a string is that it is finite and non empty
>>
>>57543891
wrong
>>
>>57543802
yes, iOS games.
>>
>>57543924
are you rich?
>>
>>57543828
No.
>>
>>57543924

How much does it cost for developer account on iOS?

Isn't it much more expensive than Android?
>>
>>57544012
You have to pay to develop on iOS?
>>
>>57544066

If you want to upload your app to their store, yes.
>>
>>57541295
>Not using prepared queries in 2010+6. Wew.
>>
>>57544182
Oh. OK it's just extortion to get their share.
>>
>>57544208
How is it extortion?
>>
>>57544243
Think about it, you'll understand.
>>
is it possible to write a program to hack someones brain? If so, what language should I use?
>>
>>57544300
>I don't know, I just wanted to sound edgy
liberals are so easy to read
>>
>>57544332
HTML
>>
>>57544332
Brainfuck.
>>
>>57543968
nope, I don't even have an Apple developer account yet, I'm still developing the game and expecting to release it before the end of this year. Hopefully I make some money.

>>57544012
$100/year, how much does the play store cost?

>>57544066
>>57544208
If you can't make at least $100/year with you apps, you should try something else like Cydia or Play Store.
>>
>>57544348
4h17
>>
>>57544332
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

tl;dr- sort of but not really
>>
File: Neal Stephenson_1992_Snow Crash.jpg (487KB, 800x1320px) Image search: [Google]
Neal Stephenson_1992_Snow Crash.jpg
487KB, 800x1320px
>>57544332
>>
>>57544339
how will it help to hack a brain?
>>57544348
how will it help to hack a brain?
can I hack my own brain with it?
>>
What up, /dpt/.

Beginner C# programmer here. Anyone with Visual C# knowledge kind enough to explain why it's telling me that intTotal is an unassigned local variable when it is quite clearly assigned in the code?

const int intCasement = 199;
const int intAwning = 175;
const int intDouble = 200;
const int intSingle = 169;
int intTotal;

int Quantity = Convert.ToInt16(listQuantity.SelectedValue);

if (radioCasement.Checked)
intTotal = intCasement * Quantity;
else if (radioAwning.Checked)
intTotal = intAwning * Quantity;
else if (radioDouble.Checked)
intTotal = intDouble * Quantity;
else if (radioSingle.Checked)
intTotal = intSingle * Quantity;

lblTotal.Text = intTotal.ToString();
>>
>>57544365
oh yeah, i'm very familiar with that project. my father worked on it.
that's not quite what I'm looking for though. I want to hack my own brain
>>57544368
whatl anguage is this book in?
>>
>>57544393
intTotal is never guaranteed to be assigned to anything, the only time that occurs is inside of an if block which the compiler automatically flags as "Possibly never set", even if logically you know it has to be at least one of them.

Just do int intTotal = 0;
>>
File: wtf lad.jpg (19KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
wtf lad.jpg
19KB, 360x240px
>>57544401
>my dad works at the CIA
>>
>>57544393
Because it's only assigned within if statements, which the compiler can't prove will actually run.

change the last
else if

to just
else

and the error will go away
>>
>>57544414
>>57544427
>>57544437

Holy shit, you guys are fast.

Thanks a bunch!
>>
>>57544385
How does it really costs? That's extortion.
>>
>>57544433
Not works. worked.
>>
>>57544487
I believe the CIA method of brain hacking is to tie people to a chair and hit them on the head with a $5 wrench until they start talking.
>>
>>57544401
you can actually program your brain over I2C, use the right nostril for data and the left one for the clock line
>>
>>57544501
Yeah. That is how they do things these days. Or at least that's what I've heard
>>57544531
Are you sure this is possible? That could possibly fry my brain. I need a microkernel embedded directly into me but that's when i have at least the knowledge on how to write programs for something as complex as a human brain
>>
File: logcat.png (4KB, 452x454px) Image search: [Google]
logcat.png
4KB, 452x454px
Has anyone else using Visual Studio's android stuff had issues with logcat not displaying anything?
>>
>>57544562
Turn the filter off you mong
>>
Why is the visual studio download so fucking big.
>>
>>57544571
doesn't change anything
>>
>>57544590
bloated among bloated
>>
>>57540948
>MY FUCKING EYEs
>>
powerline or airline?
>>
>>57544590
Visual Studio is a big guy
>>
>>57544639
for(y=0,o=1,u=1;y>o,y=y+u){}
>>
>>57540132
So as long as I use words like "prenuptial" and "disingenuous" I should be good?
>>
Hey boys I have a question.

If I have a global List that looks like this:
List<type> myList = new List();

and it gets updated at specific intervals. Then gets recreated as well...
Then I have a function that looks like this:
public void myFunction(List<type> theList){
if (theList!=null){
List<type> tempList = theList;
}
}

and at some point during this interval, I send the myList into that function.

**I then set the variable to a temporary variable if it isn't null. **

At the above point, if the variable was not null when it was set, but then turned null at some point after that, would tempList become null too, since it's equal to theList? Or would tempList be what it was previously, at the time I set it to myList?
>>
>>57545071
List<type> myList = new List();

New WHATList you fuck?

List<type> myList = new LinkedList();

List is an interface. Things like LinkedList and ArrayList are the actual implementations of the List interface.
>>
>>57545114
new LinkedList<>();

This is important.
>>
>>57545114

It doesn't make any difference in the context that I'm talking about.

I'm simply asking if by updating a global variable, outside of function which already set a temporary variable equal to the global variable, will thereby replace the temporary variable as well, with the new value of the global variable.
>>
>>57545114
That's C# you fucking retard. List() is the same as ArrayList() in Java.
>>
>>57545071
>Or would tempList be what it was previously, at the time I set it to myList?
It would be that.

But also the reference value in the theList variable is copied every time you pass it to a function or whatever, so it doesn't matter if it is nulled someplace else, because the copy you have isn't being nulled.

Also you can't null theList while another function is running unless you are doing multithreading.
>>
>>57545201

Okay, I feel like. In that particular example that I listed.

There is potential for this to happen:

if (theList!=null){
//RIGHT HERE, BETWEEN THE ABOVE IF
// AND THE ASSIGNMENT BELOW
}
}

Since I'm updating on an interval, I feel like there is potential that right inbetween those two expressions, theList could become null, since I'm taking the value from theList(), and it is being updated on a timer (which takes place in another thread).

Unless by

>but also the reference value in the theList variable is copied every time you pass it to a function or whatever,

means that once I call the function, theList in the parameter cannot change while the method is executing...
>>
>>57545275
That's why you should do some C before understanding reference/pointer in OOP language.
>>
>>57545275
theList can become null, but the global that is used cannot, unless you put code directly referencing the global in there.

You need to read up on the difference between value types and reference types.
>>
>>57545171
>C#
>fucking retard
>not specifying literal twin languages
You're the kind of person who would ask someone if they're smart then ask how they spell "it"
>>
>>57545351
>not specifying literal twin languages
What are you talking about? I'm not the guy who posted the code. The langugae is simply obvious.
>>
>>57545334

That sounds like I should simply do this then?

if (tempList!=null){

}
}

Reverse the way it's done, assign it first, then check the temporary one.

I'm only asking since I have a very rarely occurring error at some time later in the function where it attempts to work on a null List.
>>
>>57540948
That is like the worst interface i've seen for a code editor, download Sublime Text or Visual Studio Code fag, thank me later
>>
>>57540076
nah
>>
>>57545428
you don't need the tempList at all, it does absolutely nothing for you. Just null check theList.
>>
>>57545442
Why the fuck would I use that shitty bloat?
>>
>>57543176
>What languages do you know?
>java
Kill yourself
>>
>>57545471
Visual Studio Code is not Visual Studio at all whatsoever. They called it that to lure in the Visual Studio faggots but they didn't consider that the name alone would put people off who already hate Visual Studio.
>>
>>57543176
>java
>language
LMAO
>>
File: dust-mite.jpg (47KB, 670x556px) Image search: [Google]
dust-mite.jpg
47KB, 670x556px
>>57543176
>he thinks he knows c++
>>
>>57545447

Oh okay, guess my error is somewhere else then.
>>
>>57545565
Eh, I'm fine with np++, but I guess I'll try visual studio code for a change.

There's pascal support, right?
>>
>>57545601
protip btw: don't use globals
>>
>>57545639
>he fell for the globals are bad meme
>>
>>57545639

Well, it's not really fully global. It's just available throughout the MainActivity class, not any of my other ones.

My error sometimes occurs when I hit the back button then re-open it, after fucking around with my app a lot in a spammy way.

Probably just going to say fuck it, considering I just messed around with it in a spammy way and couldn't get it to reoccur.
>>
>>57545725
Why would you ever set the list to null anyways? What's the point?
>>
>Go check on my email.
>Email with an office word .doc attached.
>Panic.
>>
>>57545565
No, it's not. So why would i use it?

I tried VSCode yesterday. It felt just as shitty as every other open sores code editor.
>>
>>57545746

Well, I actually just need to make the list empty. And... I don't think you can make a list empty, without it returning null.

It's for an algorithm, I collect 5 numbers over time, do some calculations on them. Send the calculations somewhere, then I reset the array, collect the numbers, and do it over again.
>>
>>57545957

Though, I might try the .clear() method.
>>
File: dogwhoa.jpg (18KB, 381x375px) Image search: [Google]
dogwhoa.jpg
18KB, 381x375px
>>57545896
>No, it's not. So why would i use it?
Are you implying that you actually use Visual Studio and prefer it?

Sorry senpai it's time to drop out and start paying back your tuition with McDonald's money.
>>
>>57546007
VS is the best IDE i've tried. Kdevelop was ok.
I've heard CLion is supposed to be good, but they wanted money, so i didn't bother.

Notepad++ is ok for lighter editing.

Emacs and Vim are just nope.
>>
Should constants be all caps, or should they follow naming convention of variables?
>>
>>57546238
I only capitalize macros desu
and sometimes not even macros
>>
>>57546007

W r o n g
>>
>>57546181
first off
>even using an IDE
secondly,
Visual Studio is a shitty IDE even for an IDE too because it tries as much as it fucking can to lock your code into it and making porting it as difficult as possible.
>>
>>57546305
Why don't you like IDEs?

>because it tries as much as it fucking can to lock your code into it and making porting it as difficult as possible
What? No it doesn't.
It's not perfect, but nothing in this business is. VS is comfy.
>>
>>57546395
>Why don't you like IDEs?
In theory, they're meant to ease the building process and keep your code and dependencies together. In practice, every single one of them has at least some degree of lock-in, and turn absolutely every simple thing you want to do into a convoluted process, e.g., flagging debug mode.

>It's not perfect, but nothing in this business is. VS is comfy.
IntelliJ is more comfy. Wiping your ass with used coffee filters is more comfy than VS.
>>
>>57546532
>In practice, every single one of them has at least some degree of lock-in
This extends to every build system, including the humble makefile. It's not terribly hard breaking out of.

>and turn absolutely every simple thing you want to do into a convoluted process
Again, this extends to pretty much everything.
Some systems make some things easier, and some systems other things. What counts as a "convoluted process" reduces to how familiar you are with the system, and your mindset.
Not using and IDE just makes other things more convoluted instead.

I've tried IntelliJ. Didn't like it. Mostly because Java, and also it felt slow. And this is coming from a VS fag.
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.