[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird Crash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Hi /tg/ ! I have a weird problem with my computer and I thought you could help me fix it.
Around a year ago I bought myself a computer. I was going to build it myself but I found one on kijiji that was one year old, and half the price of the pieces inside of it.
It was in perfect shape, R9 290x, AMD 8320, 16gb Ram, SSD etc...
After some time I started noticing weird crashes during games, mostly hardware intensive ones (GTA V for instance). Basically the screen turns to black, and there is a buzzing sound. The keyboard and fans stay lit, the computer isn't shut down, it's just the black screen and the buzzing noise. If I am playing with my xbox controller, it's vibrating too, continuously.

At first I thought it was the ram, I memetested it and indeed one of my two bar was filled with errors. So I started using only one, going down to 8gb (which is more than enought).

The crash continued.

So I checked my temps, and indeed the GPU was running really hot (AND huh) while playing GTA V or BF4. So I bought a side fan to gently blow in the GPU, getting a better airflow. GPU temp lowered by like 20 degrees Celsius, and I never had any problem with BF 4 and GTA V again.

But lately it started again. I blew my computer, dusted it off etc, it worked fine but crashed again while playing Spec Ops.

Black Friday is coming and I would like to know what can cause this crashes, to change parts if needed. What causes a crash like this ?

tl;dr : My computer "crashes" with a buzzing sound and black screen but the computer stays on. What is it ?
>>
File: speccy.png (22KB, 553x390px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
22KB, 553x390px
This is my Speccy if it's useful.
>>
I've read that maybe the card doesn't receive enought power, something to do with only one of the pin being plug onto the GPU instead of two. I need to check this out maybe.
>>
Read the sticky.
>>
>>57500069
Thank you I asked there too. But I thought people here were more qualified and maybe someone wants to help (or spit on my face because I have AMD).
>>
>>57499854
hey, nice temps you got there bro

whats the rest of your rig
>>
Im pretty sure the problem is gpu, I suggest testing gpu with diffrent psu, if the problem continues then its the gpu, ur last hope might be flashing official bios on your gpu, and if thats not working then underclock and undervolt gpu. But u know, u could just buy a newer gpu.
>>
>>57500215
Thanks, it stills crashes from time to time though, and I have no idea why.
Well I have an EVGA PSU 650W that's pretty much it.

>>57500271
I was planning on buying a better GPU later on but this one does the job just fine. Sadly I don't have any other GPU available to test it out...
You think the GPU is like broken or something ?
>>
File: 1478815919073.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1478815919073.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>>57499854
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

GET >>>/out/
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57500296
>>57500271
I don't have any other PSU available neither... My r9 290x is plugged with a 6pin and a 8pin.
>>
>>57500271
Also is there anyway for me to tell if my GPU has been overclocked ? I never checked it out but maybe the previous owner overclocked it. How do I check this ?
>>
>>57500215
Also this was the temps just after launching the computer, my GPU runs at around 50 idle, and around 70-80 depending on how demanding the game is.
>>
>>57500350
have you tried game over?
>>
>>57500375
What does that mean ?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.