[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pcbg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 36

File: download.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
vr edition

Post your component list, rate other anons', ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price, or improve specs or build quality.

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons by vendor and compatibility filter.
https://pcpartpicker.com

>Gaming builds based on purpose or display resolution / Hz
>To activate the Description, select build from sidebar then click on the title over the parts list
>Description contains notes, other options, and build skeleton for easy customization / cost savings
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

>Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
>Significantly outdated "Good" and "Very Good" tiers
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

>General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.
http://pastebin.com/9Pbm4nHL (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with >>>/g/pcbg
>>
VR is gimmicky meme
>>
>>57423986
for now it is
once the dev tools get better then we should see a marked improvement in quality
>>
>>57423975
>>57423992
kill yourself shill
>>
>>57423975
>>57423986
>>57423992
>>57423996
O_S_V_R
S
V
R
>>
Elite Gaming
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mswzkT
>>
>>57423975
>pcbg meme edition
>>
>>57423986

Ow buddy you are so wrong. I've started a project at work that's cutting edge.

- we convert our autocad drawings to the Unity engine
- entire steelplant suddenly in 3D
- this shit's gonna change the world

And my father always said playing games would get me nowhere.

The setup we use is an HP Z840 workstation and an htc vive with an x-box controller for movement, total cost is around 8000 euros
>>
Athlon 5350 on an ECS Kam1-I mobo with 16gb of ddr3 and an RX460
An Adata 120gb SSD as the only drive
Using any PSU with a 6 pin PCI connector, probably in a cardboard box or a spare case I have lying around
Possibly in a full, extended atx tower just for the lols

Goal: CSGO with a low budget
It also runs on Linux

Good/bad/terrible?
Already have the ram and GPU around, no need to buy weaker stuff if I already have good stuff

Lga 1150 mobos are more expensive than the kam1-I and Athlon combined and I've already sold my i5 4460s anyway
>>
File: 7BIlFccT.jpg (17KB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
7BIlFccT.jpg
17KB, 400x327px
>>57424184
>>
File: 1437712701208.gif (538KB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
1437712701208.gif
538KB, 245x320px
>>57424184
>x-box controller
>autocad
>>
File: osvr.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
osvr.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>57424071

I'm really liking the whole OSVR thing. Not only is the headset cheaper, but games made for it should automatically work on both the Rift and Vive
>>
File: Capture.png (93KB, 1190x649px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
93KB, 1190x649px
Been waiting for this thread.
A close friend got her laptop stolen so now she wants a desktop instead. Generally she uses PC for studying (her study materials consist mostly of videos and recordings, hence the needs for large storage), facebook, normies stuff and music listening. We are not in usa nor any country listed on pcpartpicker but the pricing from local shops is quite similar so I only edited slightly.Here's the link: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/PcsXnn
A few notes:
1. Case is actually my idea. I am biased toward this form factor and I can confirm it has slots for a SSD, a 3.25" HDD and ODD; it also comes with a 300W PSU. The seller of this case happens to be someone I know so I can actually get a discount. I may have to discuss with said friend about this choice however.
2. ODD is for her music collection, she has quite a library of CD albums. I couldn't talk her into ripping those albums and storing them on HDD back then she still had her laptop.
3. Alternatively, I found a soldered mobo, Asrock Q1900M. It looks interesting and is also cheaper than G4400 but I will have to ask you guys's opinions on it. I took a quick look and seems like people are buying this mobo for server use rather than consumer use.
4. Last but not least, is the choice of HDD good? Since the OS will be installed on SSD, rpm isn't a concern but is it reliable? I don't want the thing to die on my friend because those study data is very important. Any other suggestions?
5. Or should i just scrap all this and buy her a pre-built?
Thank you in advance.
>>
VR IS DEAD

VR = BETAMAX
AR = VHS
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2W3ZFd

Watchu lads think? Might end up dropping to optical drive and getting the define s but I dunno. Looking for any input.

Also since this is for muh gaymes I need windows, should I go for 7, 8, or 10? im leaning towards 7 because it's comfier and it seems much more stable than the others, but 8 will have official support for longer and 10 has dx12 at the cost of uber botnet
>>
building a gaming computer. not really limited by money, but would prefer not to get too ridiculous

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pN3ZFd

please advise or tell me I'm retarded, but please give suggestions to other things
>>
>>57424265

implementing the htc vive controllers themselves requires the htc dk's, our system is setup so it can run on an oculus 2
>>
What's a good mini-ITX silent case?
What's a good mini-ITX mobo that can accommodate silent components (specifically the CPU and GPU and PSU?)
>>
>>57424184
Is the conversion automatic, or you remodel the plant manually using the drawings as a template?

I've done something similar for my work. Given office space AutoCAD drawings, you sketch architectural walls representing offices. Configure everything on-the-fly and get automatic pricing/BOMs and can see it in VR.
>>
>>57424348

the conversion is automatic, but we still have a problem with the unity garbage collector, it doesn't free up the memory after conversion. Currently we don't use textures yet.

Our goal is that when someone from the drawing room creates something in autocad, it gets rendered during the night and the next day he can book a meeting room where the vive is setup to look for clashes with the current setup in the plant.
>>
>>57424328
32gb ram is pretty ridiculous
You're going to need a hard drive and an ssd
Case is eh
>>
>>57424398

correction, it's the mono garbage collector
>>
missed the delivery guy now i have to wait tomorrow WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS HAPPEN I WANT TO BUILD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57424400
already have several just sitting around (not an ssd though, which I'll get later)

hm okay, I'll go with 16GB.

everything else seem aight besides the case lookin' eh? pretty much just picked one
>>
>>57424433
Yeah pretty much, water cooling could he overkill depending on what you're doing. You might want your OS drive to be new atleast just for longevity.
>>
>>57424419
if you live in an okay area you can sign up online for them to just drop it off without a signature
>>
>>57424503
not in switzerland, at least not with tthe option i chose. ffs i had a nice comfy day of building and sipping tea ahead of me, now i don't know what the fuck to do with my day

[spoiler]don't tell me to go outside. it's raining[/spoiler]
>>
Im planning a PC upgrade, new CPU, MOBO, Ram, GPU.
I use GNU/linux as my daily driver, but still use windows for games.
Rather than dual booting, Im looking at running windows in a VM with dedicated GPU. Would it be better to use CPUs onboard graphics, or an old GeForce 9600 I have about. I can get a decent deal on a Xeon E3 1230 v5, which seems comparable to a 6600k, but this doesnt have onboard graphics.
Would using an old GPU be worth it?
>>
>>57424339
Bump
>>
>>57424398
Are they 3D AutoCAD files or 2D drawings? If the latter, how do you infer the 3D heights or determine what line (and other) entities represent walls that should be extruded or represented on the 3D?

We just get 2D drawings so we just convert it to a bitmap and throw it in the ground plane to use as a stencil/snapping when drafting.
>>
>>57424398
Also, I hear you about the garbage collection. We do our 3D generation outside Unity by creating Wavefront OBJ files (including textures) and load those on-the-fly using the Unity runtime. Works well for realtime changes but sucks that we can't take advantage of any global illumination (baked or realtime).

It's that why you so it overnight for the GI baking?
>>
File: big bait.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
big bait.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>57424184
> cutting edge
> this shit's gonna change the world
> And my father always said playing games would get me nowhere. (he was right lol)
> The setup we use is an HP Z840 workstation and an htc vive with an x-box controller for movement,
>>> total cost is around 8000 euros
>>
>>57424272
You can 3D print the headset too!

Not the screens or most of the shit, but the "headset" part!

>>57424282
> SATA SSD
> WD Blue 2TB for 75 dollars
> literally who PSU (for 55 fucking dollars for 300 watts, no less!) and monitor
That build is so fucking shit.
Switch to a m.2 SSD and a PCIe adapter, get a Hitachi hard drive, get a power supply that isn't shit, and get a monitor from a recognizable brand.

1. Where the fuck is the case? Oh, I see it now. No, your opinion is shit.
2. Okay. But it better be one of those Multi-Read ones or whatever.
3. Don't fucking buy that soldered shit, dipshit. You can't replace the CPU, and it's a piece of shit.
4. It's good, but you're retarded for buying it. Hitachi has the best failure rates, and the best drives, and the best prices. Go with them.
5. Yes, and not just because you're fucking retarded and can't into building a PC.
At your price point (and with your use case), a USED prebuilt will be a much better option, although you can get a new one if you want. Don't be a fucking retard, though, and ONLY get workstations and tower servers. Nothing less.
Afterwards, follow all advice mentioned beforehand, except for the hard drive if it's large enough for you.

Also, don't be a complete fucktard and get something that was made after Core 2 Duo/Xeon E54xx, and after the first generation i-cores/E56xx if you can.
>>
>>57424321
Your build is so fucking shitty it's unbelievable.

>>57424328
Same goes for you.

Seriously, where the fuck are your drives?

Get Hitachi if you need a hard drive, SSDs are shit unless you're going PCIe.

>>57424389
You're doing everything right except for the motherboard, CPU, SSD, WD hard drive, and maybe the fan.

>>57424682
Your 9600, more-or-less.

Old desktop GPUs should be good enough to rival integrated graphics, but use a bit more power.
>>
>>57425130

Yeah, though the plastic bits aren't that important - chinese smartphone-based headsets are a dime a dozen and they all work fairly well. The crucial part here is that the PCB layouts are open, meaning anyone can mass-produce them cheaply. It's mostly the lenses and the high pixel density screens that make it expensive.

I'd love to see them implement a lighthouse tracking option (apparently that is open too), though the current 5-finger hand tracking via leap motion looks pretty dope too.
>>
>>57424231
terrible, wtf you need 16gb of ram for a shitty old AM1 chip?
>>
>>57424149
>ancient shit dual core
>HD5450
>AMD
better be some elite retro gaming.
>>
>>57424321

>>57425222
Can someone who's not an asshole respond?
>>
>>57425222
>>57425130
Why are you so obsessed with PCIe SSD's? There is already quite a nice jump in speed from HDD to SSD so why go the extra mile for PCIe SSD?
>>
>>57426858
Decent, but you if you don't want to SLI get a cheaper mobo and 500W PSU, also get faster RAM. See: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gyd97h
Personally i'd go with Win 7 as long as possible, Win 8 is completely and utterly retarded and Win 10... either you love it or you hate it, most do the later.
>>
>>57427433
I own the psu already its from and old build, I'll swap the ram and probably go with 7 then, is dx12 important or eh?
>>
>>57423986
what about the intel alloy? since it's gonna be open hardware, will it affect the vr trend?
>>
>>57427503
What do you need an i7 for? If you're only gaming stay with the i5.
DX12 isn't really important, at least not yet. That will definitelly change in the future, but imho should get a new GPU by then.
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/b9rrm8
Is this overkill for 1440p/144hz?
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/8dLsm8
This is my current parts list. It's kind of weird but these are the parts I was able to get for really cheap from different friends.
Anywya, I was thinking of upgrading to an i5 6500 (non k), and I realized that I would need to upgrade the motherboard ad well. My question is if I will also have to upgrade the ram to ddr4 or if there are any new mobos that support new CPU architectures and also ddr3 ram?
>>
>>57427792
Alright, thanks. I'll probably get more drives in the future for backup.
>>
File: newstuff.jpg (498KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
newstuff.jpg
498KB, 1920x1080px
Got a free mom-board and case + PSU from friend

Went to store and bought cheapest AM2+ CPU and RAM, plus a cooler for mad overclocks

Cost me $95 for the computer
>>
>>57427613
Meant windows 7 not i7
>>
>>57428311
In that case stick with Win 7, but keep in mind that installing Win 7 on Skylake builds can be a pain in the ass.
You have to follow some mainboard specific steps, idk the specifics though. I'm still on Lynnfield with Win 7.
>>
What is the difference between EVGA 500 and EVGA 500B? Other than efficiency.
>>
>>57424292
>he's too stupid to understand that mixed reality was the end goal all along
>>
Guys, what's some cheap quiet case fans I can buy?
Sub-10 bucks, been looking around and there's just too many damn choices.

(Fractal Design Mini C if anyone is interested.)
>>
>>57428932
Most non-led ones are fine

Just dont fall for the noctua meme
>>
>>57428424
Why exactly is it a pain in the Ass? This could actually lead me to getting 8
>>
>>57429239
>Why exactly is it a pain in the Ass?
Told you idk exactly why.
>This could actually lead me to getting 8
Don't. Get 7 or 10 but don't get 8.
>>
>>57428932
CM Sickle Flow, Be Quiet PURE Wings, standard Fractal's and Tt's.

>>57429008
Noctua fans are excellent and worth it if you have the money.
>>
>>57424149
Made me giggle, thanks
>>
File: 1462117971891.jpg (84KB, 371x371px) Image search: [Google]
1462117971891.jpg
84KB, 371x371px
I'm doing a budget build that will use a CPU + Rx 460.

I narrowed down my choices for the CPU to an X4 845 or i3 4360. i3 is about twice as expensive and I'm not sure if it's worth it but the X4 845 has shit single-thread performance.

What do?
>>
>>57429354
>RX-460.

But why tho?

And please tell me you're not getting gigabyte, I've heard they've got a shit program to manage their GPUs.
>>
>>57429420
>>RX-460.
>But why tho?
Because I'm on a budget and the 1050ti blows in the vydias I want to play.

>And please tell me you're not getting gigabyte, I've heard they've got a shit program to manage their GPUs.
Nah I'm probably gonna get this asus one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K1JVO86
>>
>>57423986
>>/v/
>>
>>57424292
where do I AR
>>
I'm currently waiting for Kaby Lake and Zen to see what they bring to the table. What is basically want from the build is to get me trough university until Cannon/Coffe Lake when i can afford/need a power build again.
If neither will offer a good option, i have made an alternative build. Usage is mostly university, work and some gaming (or non.. might drop the RX460): http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/6BL97h
Thought about Pentium and i3, i5 but Pentium and i3 are only dual core and i can't really justify spending the money on a good i5.
>>
>>57429291
But muh even more botnet
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/xTd97h
Any comments before I buy?
>>
>>57430352
I'd rather be part of the final botnet than have to deal with the shitty wannabe mobile version of wangblows.
Also.. if you use any of Google's or Mr. Zuckerberg's services, consider yourself being cucked into eternal botnetery.
>>
>>57430383
Get the EVO instead of the Pro and you're good to go.
>>
>>57423975
>Virtual machines, rendering shit, gayming, programming, other hobbies.
>$2000 prob, with tax
Looking for some improvements to my build.
Specs so far:
>Intel Xeon 2620 v4 (8c 16t)
>Asrock x99 taichi (because dual m.2)
>Corsair rm750x
>Samsung 960 evo (256gb)
>Dual ASUS ROG 1070 (3 fans for maximum vrm cooling)
>16gb ddr4 2400mhz Corsair vengeance
>Corsair H110
>NZXT s340
>probably a set of cablemods
What i already own:
>Samsung 850 evo 120gb
>WD Black 1tb and Blue 500gb
I do game a little, but not much anymore. I need the graphics cards for cuda(idk if sli helps with rendering) and also for e-peen.
>>
>>57429477
>/v/
>VR is only used by gaymes
wut u doin
>>
Who herr waiting for Zen, Vega, and 960evo?
>>
>>57430933
only when AMD fix their multi monitor usage
>>
>>57430942
What's wrong with amd multimonitor! Do you mean like multimonitor gaming? Or just general use.
>>
File: power_multimon.png (29KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
power_multimon.png
29KB, 500x610px
>>57430954
Those AMD cards pull like 40 Watts with multimonitor desktop usage.

My card (GTX 1070 8 X) pulls 12 Watts.

Those additional 28 watts add up after a while if you leave your PC running 24/7
>>
>>57430988
>R9 380 8GB
>73W
This is more than my laptop uses under load...
>>
>>57430988
Oh.
I'm not a hippie and i live in the first world so i could care less about powerconsumption.
Still even if Vega is shit, at least they will have something high end. Nvidea will release a 1080ti and severely pricecut the 1080 I'm sure.
>>
>>57424339
>buy ITX computer
>take out the fans
Silent
>>
>>57429324
They're excellent but not even close to worth it
>>
>>57430802
Fans can't cool VRMs without a heatsink just like blowing on the stove won't cool it down you need to put a heat-conductive material like thermal pads or your flesh to cool hot metal
>>
>>57431818
Evaporation is the only way to actually "cool" your computer parts
>>
>>57426858
> Looking for any input.
> BAWW ANON IS ASSHOLE!
Fucking cry moar.

>>57427353
Because an m.2 SSD and PCIe adapter is only a few bucks more and is an even bigger jump in speed since it isn't limited by SATA.
>>
>>57432437
But pretty much all M2 drives other than samsungs 950-series and the top OCZ drive barely beat out a SATA SSD.
If you want the speeds you don't just need an M2 you need a 950 pro or sm951 or 960 pro or something, but with that it'll cost a lot (much more than other M2 drives even)
SATA SSD prices have gone way down the last few years, it's a great time to buy a fast SATA based SSD for $100 or less.
M2 is great too, but most of them aren't THAT much better. While not many M2s offer significantly huge increases from SATA SSDs, the ones that do cost a lot and it's already fast enough to be arguable whether or not the extra speeds matter, boot times became faster than POSTing long ago and hard drives are no longer a bottlenecks anymore
>>
>>57432547
That's 6 GigaBITS per second, a speed dickwaving move by tech companies
Divide that by 8, and that's not a lot of gigabytes per second
But M2? 32Gb/s and 4GB/s max bandwidth? That's a lot more comfy and futureproof for SSD manufacturers.
And it's tiny with no cables, so that's cool
>>
>>57431647
get a 6700k
don't upgrade ever again
>>
>>57427809
Bump
>>
File: 51RUbclfvPL._SL1600_.jpg (46KB, 439x400px) Image search: [Google]
51RUbclfvPL._SL1600_.jpg
46KB, 439x400px
>>57432532
> But pretty much all M2 drives other than samsungs 950-series and the top OCZ drive barely beat out a SATA SSD.
> If you want the speeds you don't just need an M2 you need a 950 pro or sm951 or 960 pro or something, but with that it'll cost a lot (much more than other M2 drives even)
Yeah, okay.

> M2 is great too, but most of them aren't THAT much better. While not many M2s offer significantly huge increases from SATA SSDs, the ones that do cost a lot and it's already fast enough to be arguable whether or not the extra speeds matter, boot times became faster than POSTing long ago and hard drives are no longer a bottlenecks anymoreM2 is great too, but most of them aren't THAT much better. While not many M2s offer significantly huge increases from SATA SSDs, the ones that do cost a lot and it's already fast enough to be arguable whether or not the extra speeds matter, boot times became faster than POSTing long ago and hard drives are no longer a bottlenecks anymore
Whatever you say.

This is with the Crucial MX300, see: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L80DH4G/ref=twister_B01LX3VDXT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Get fucked kid.

>>57432547
> Not them but your input isn't really constructive.
> Watchu lads think?
> Looking for any input.
Doesn't matter.

> As a rule
> >Your build is so fucking shitty it's unbelievable.
> should be an opening statement at most, not your entire critique.
It's what I think. Go fuck yourself.

> Also speeds above 6Gb/s are mostly dickwaving for 95% of users.
Why use dogshit when you can get the best for only a few bucks more?

Also, not an argument.

>>57432592
Thanks.
>>
File: image.png (31KB, 406x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31KB, 406x369px
>>57432698
It's true the PCIe x4 connection that is M2 isn't fully utilized by SSDs, but it's getting there. 3.5GB/s writes and 2.1GB/s reads on the latest and fastest 960 pro
>>
>>57432812
What drive is that? That's literally impossible for an M2 drive, you're probably looking at a raid setup
>>
>>57432698
> You're right though, it's futureproof which accomplishes... nothing.
You fucking dumbass, did you not see the part where I said to get an adapter card?

That alone allows access to a whole new format of storage.
> Since you need a new SSD to take advantage of this futuretech you can just buy an M2 SSD at that time.
He's getting a new SSD NOW, you fucking dipshit. Not only that, but he's getting a shitty deal with half the storage for nearly the same price just because "muh Samsung".

> Cool factor is undeniable but cool for the sake of cool is the path of /v/, and is lined with windowed cases and LEDs.
Are you implying that I'm telling him to get it just because it's "cool"?
I'm telling him to get it because it's better, and better for the price, fuckwad.

> This is /g/, the Soviet Russia of hardware enthusiasts.
You are such a fucking faggot that it's unbelievable. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 500x541px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 500x541px
>>57432812
>MX300 M2
>"up to 520MB/s read and writes!"
>mfw my SATA SSD does better
>>
>>57432859
> posts the link
> What drive is that?
You're joking, right?

>>57432881
Oh jeez, have you ever thought it's because of the MX300 SATA SSD that they ALSO sell?
>>
File: 1475147400735.gif (2MB, 200x316px) Image search: [Google]
1475147400735.gif
2MB, 200x316px
>>57429545
Shameless self bump you niggas.
>>
>>57432924
No I looked at the description
Doesn't matter that what you first posted is impossible through a single M2 socket
>>
>>57432939
They have Momentum Cache on.
>>
Should I get the MSI Gaming X 1070 or the Zotac AMP! Edition 1070? They're both listed at MSRP for the 1070, but I think the Zotac card has a higher core clock.
>>
>>57433109
They're $380?
>>
>>57433477
~$400
>>
>>57433488
You can't be sure if the higher clocked chip is necessarily better or was binned as best quality, often they are but not always. Outside of that, overclocking it yourself is just a click on a slider away
Does the zotac have 3 fans?
>>
>>57433589
The Zotac AMP! Extreme does, but it's $50 more than the AMP! Edition
>>
VR is gonna be usefull, but not for the end consumer, especially not for gaming.

It will be gud for engineers, for education, for museums and so on.

You will have to wait a long time to have any decent games that is more complex than gimmicky techdemo games.
>>
>>57433600
Then get the one that matches your case
I don't think MSI nor Zotac have had anything catch fire recently
>>
>>57433604
And once the consumer has gone for a monitor with G-Sync, they most probably won't switch sides anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (495KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
495KB, 1920x1080px
I just spent $600 on a 27" 1440p, 144Hz, G-Sync TN panel monitor, an Asus ROG swift
Half a high-end computer worth of monitor
I have a 1070, did I make the right choice? It's so much money but it's unanimously amazing to all reviewers
Or did I just buy a $600 meme?
>>
File: 100.jpg (17KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
17KB, 499x499px
>>57433754
>$600
>TN panel
>>
>>57433754
>Or did I just buy a $600 meme?

Yes, you just bought a meme.
It's a good deal, for the manufactures that is.
Little cost of technology, because already researched, more expensive shitty panels nowadays.
>>
how is my build? i use it to run vr and it's pretty good
i know some of the parts are a bit dated, i got them for free, but this is what i have right now

P8H61-M LX PLUS R2.0
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz
8 GB DDR3
240 GB AMD SSD
931GB Seagate ST1000LM010-9YH146
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Dell E1709W
HP w1907
Corsair HX620
acer veriton case
>>
>>57433802
The IPS version was $730
>>
File: 1443835200028.jpg (43KB, 700x568px) Image search: [Google]
1443835200028.jpg
43KB, 700x568px
>>57433867
I totally believe you.
>>
>>57433802
>>57433867
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=79r5rxS276Y
Online there was a comparison between the IPS PG279q and the TN PG278q where tests showed the TNs color was on par with the IPS's (due to a higher color bit depth than most TN panels or something?)
If the color is fine and the biggest issue is viewing angles then I can live with that
>>
>>57433894
A few days ago I was about to buy a reasonable $280 IPS 1440p, but apparently everyone seems to think 144hz is godsend and I wanted to try g sync anyways
>>
File: 1475561360616.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475561360616.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>57433901
>Your money, your choice
Do as you please goy... err i mean my friend.
>>
File: Build.png (106KB, 1290x850px) Image search: [Google]
Build.png
106KB, 1290x850px
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/LDQ7vV

About to pull the trigger, any last minute changes? Budget is 1000 dollars.

>i7
plan to do drawing, rendering, and especially encoding.

>gtx 1060
Only card I could fit in the budget other then the Rx 480

>power supply
This any good?

>HDD, but no SSD
Got toshiba because they have the second best reliability, and I already have an SSD

Anywhere that I fucked up?
>>
>>57434009
You sure you're not thinking of hitachi/HGST? And that PSU is fine
>>
>>57434036
Which hitachi would you reccomend?
>>
>>57433800
Nope!

Anything else?

>>57433843
Yeah, it's pretty good!

Might want to change out or update the hard drive, though, and why not the RX 480?

You do have an extra drive for backups, right?

>>57434009
It's not what i would build, but it's okay.

If you want to keep the other parts, get an HGST or Hitachi 2TB, they cost the same or a little bit more, a power supply with more wattage that also costs the same or a little bit more, and a Noctua HSF assembly.

Ditch the Windows 7 key, just nigger it using KMSpico or DAZ Loader

Why not the RX 480, and what's with the fan?
>>
What windows should i get desu? I need it for games. Windows 8 is shit, 7 is good but no support for skylake at this point, and 10 is botnet
>>
>>57434126
>It's not what i would build, but it's okay.

This may be asking for a lot of your time, but what parts would you change personally?

>If you want to keep the other parts, get an HGST or Hitachi 2TB, they cost the same or a little bit more, a power supply with more wattage that also costs the same or a little bit more, and a Noctua HSF assembly.

Alright, i'll look around. I'm not too experienced with which noctua is better, but ill research that.

>Why not the RX 480, and what's with the fan?

gtx 1060 is slightly better, and since i am getting windows 7, no reason to get the Rx 480 because of "muh DX12"

Fan is for intake, with 2 fans already installed for exhaust.
>>
>>57434149
You have a Facebook?
You use google?
Get 10. Support>Privacy
>>
>>57434191
Your PSU is fine, enough power for a 6700k and any one GPU on the market.
Noctua DH12 or something is pretty standard, they're big so make sure it fits
Positive pressure (more/faster intakes than exhaust) is good to keep dust out, but negative pressure (more/faster exhausts than intakes) can suck dust into the case but is marginally better for temps
I'd go positive, it keeps dust out and cooling is barely affected
>>
GA-B85M-D3H or MSI Z97 PC Mate?
Both are the same price.
>>
Im looking to upgrade my GPU. My current build is a gtx 760 on a i5 4690 any thoughts?
>>
>>57434421
RX 480 - GTX 1060, GTX 1070 maybe?
>>
>>57434284
Even if both of the exhaust fans are in the back top and top back?

_0___
0|
|

Like so ^

I guess I could put two in the front and one in the back.
>>
>>57434483
Those are good spots to put exhaust but I would still think two intakes is better, it'll keep getting cool fresh air, exhausting air isn't nearly as hard as pulling it in through a dust filter
>>
>>57434126

Unfortunately, those are my only two drives.

Originally I was going to get the RX 480 but it took very long to restock so I settled for a 1060 instead. The representatives offered to give me the 1060 at no added cost too.
>>
>>57434231
what about 8?
>>
My little brudda still games on a Q6600 and GTX550 Ti.

I want to make a budget build for him so he can play new games with me.

Hopefully something like 30-60FPS in recent games at 1080p (e.g. Overwatch or MWO)

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/rNDjJV
450€ is the limit.
>>
>>57434521
If you can actually stand using 8 that's on you
>>
>>57434521
>>57434536
Like I absolutely hate 10 on principle but it definitely works and is getting better functionally, and realistically nothing bad is gonna happen because tags of my files and searches are in a database somewhere. Great driver support and games are what sold me to the botnet
>>
help me choose

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Hz9CD8

or

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/dRh7vV

or

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CTRVD8

Main difference is the motherboard and the form factor. I probably won't ever need more than 16gb of ram during this PCs life and if I do go for mITX I can pickup 2 16gb stick and sell the old ones if I really need more ram. On one hand the mITX board is really well reviewed which I like and comes with wifi. I wouldn't mind having a small case either but it really won't make a big difference as it would spend most of its time in my room unless I want to take it to the living room.
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fTqHRG
How does my gaming build look?
>>
>>57434617
If you go ITX you may want to watercool. That ITX case is big though and probably has great airflow, but ITX *can* get cramped and hot
>>
>>57434667
Get 2x8GB ram, some games can use more than 8
Spend $50 less and get a 80+ gold Seasonic
Do you really need $50 of noctua case fans?
>>
>>57434679
I was thinking of buying an AIO when I start overclocking within a year and put the cm212 in the old desktop I have at home that my brothers now use.
Might also upgrade to an i7-7700k which is whyI think a high quality motherboard is better.

All I want is a system that will last me 4+ years.
>>
>>57434716
>do you really need $50 of noctua case fans
Noctua is love.
Noctua is life.
>>
>>57434775
A good cpu will last you 10 years don't even think about upgrading CPUs a year after you buy it god damn
>>
How to pirate windows 10?
>>
>>57434847
maybe I will need the 4 extra logical cores in a years time idk
>>
looking for a good quality monitor for my dad, a photographer who only uses the computer for photoshop and printing

Should I look for 2160p or 1440p? Color Accuracy is the most important aspect and then viewing angles and brightness.
>>
Build for 1440p gaming

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/p9mCD8

Any issues?
>>
Are there any case fans that have excellent performance and acoustics? Looking for general airflow and radiator fans.
>>
>>57435243
other than the fact that you feel the need to give microdick $80, no

I would advise buying a key from g2a and using the rest of the money for a ebin speeds ssd like the 850evo
>>
>>57434862
>>57435243
>>57435281

You can just download Windows 10 for free. Then look up MicrosoftToolkit.
>>
Which case would you guys prefer?

The:

Fractal Design Define R4

or

NZXT S340

both are same price btw.
>>
>>57435180
You want IPS
If you go 4K then get a big screen, like around 40"
If a big IPS 4K screen is too much then get a 25-30" 1440p IPS
>>
>>57435378
Fractal Design Define Mini C.
>>
>>57435466
Nice suggestion, but there's 2 problems.

1) you didnt even pick one of the choices.

2) I am well aware it is a good case, but its mATX, something that neither case I listed is.
>>
>>57435503
>mATX
Are you going to SLI or watercool your build? Then you don't need ATX. Also, the Define R5 fixes all the bad things about the R5
>>
>>57435550
>Also, the Define R5 fixes all the bad things about the R5

Yeah, i should probably spend the extra 10 bucks for the R5 over the R4.

I appreciate it.
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pbwVD8
>Purpose: gaymin/A E S T H E T I C
>Budget: $3-4k
Black/white color scheme. Planning on plastidipping thermal armor, monitors, SSD, and some other shit inside the case white. Going to match my tempered glass L-desk. NZXT Huehuehue+ going to cycle through the same colors as the keycaps. Mostly looking for suggestions/improvements. Gratz if you can sell me on an i7 because it performs worse in just about every gayme. First time open looping, let me know if I fucked some shit up.
>>
File: r.png (60KB, 930x794px) Image search: [Google]
r.png
60KB, 930x794px
>>57435783
>>
Will it be worth waiting until Black Friday/Cyber Monday to order parts or should I just start buying? Do GPUs commonly go on sale for this event? Does anyone have any loose ideas, based on previous experience on previous price observation around this time of year?
>>
>>57435825
Don't worry I'll be dualbooting arch
>>
leaf build coming through
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Wh4pr7

I already own the power supply. I'm not sure about my motherboard selection here, or my case. I could easily go cheaper, but what will I be sacrificing to do so?
>>
rate
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/PVh7vV

more expensive version
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pRLc4C
>>
File: IMG_20161107_224213928.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161107_224213928.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
>tfw your house fire killed itself before it could burn my house down

So has anyone gone through the RMA process with Sapphire? Whats it like?
>>
>>57425130
Anon, you sounded like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed but i appreciate your feedbacks nonetheless.
General idea was to build a functional PC so I didn't go for top of the line stuff. I found sata good enough for normal use (my friend doesn't play games nor do anything that requires all that extra read/write speed). As for PSU, noted. Its just that all recognized brands around here only sell 500W and above PSUs, and that's a waste of money for a single G series intel cpu. I will look out for a 400W certified one.
I have no idea about monitors, what are some good 1080p one in 100 dollars price range?
>3. Don't fucking buy that soldered shit, dipshit. You can't replace the CPU, and it's a piece of shit.
I only mentioned it, please don't act I am dead set on the thing.
>4. It's good, but you're retarded for buying it. Hitachi has the best failure rates, and the best drives, and the best prices. Go with them.
Alright, so "good" is still in retarded tier. If by "best failure rates" you meant lowest fail rate, then yeah I will go for hitachi.
>a USED prebuilt will be a much better option
Absolutely not, I am not buying used PC for my friend. Probably get a new pre-built with an available 3.5 slot and add the hitachi HDD for more storage.

>don't be a complete fucktard and get something that was made after Core 2 Duo/Xeon E54xx, and after the first generation i-cores/E56xx if you can.
I pretty much got my eyes fixed on 4th gen and onward.
Once again, Thank you even though you threw insults left and right at me back there.
>>
>>57435841
Gpus won't be on sale and if they are it'll be the overpriced ones coming down to the normal $400ish
>>
>>57429354
do a pentium g 4400, 90% of an i3 in single core for 1/2 the price
>>57429420

very related
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZsmL4C
vs
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ryqdxY

help pcbg
>>
So from a phenom ii 965 if I upgrade to an i5 I wont have to change the psu right?I mean the i5 has lower consumption right?
>>
how much GPU power does shitposting and YouTube take?
Can you use multi monitor with one g sync and one non g sync monitor?
I'm getting a 1440p 144hz monitor but want to use my 1080p as well
>>
File: IMG_20161108_145112.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161108_145112.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Loving the Air 540.
>>
>>57434191
> This may be asking for a lot of your time, but what parts would you change personally?
Well, I'm glad you asked!

Give me some time, I'll make a build for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 720x480px
>>57437598
>every 1080 is at 90°C
>>
I just realized I need to buy a wireless adapter. What should I look for in wireless adapters? PCI-e or USB? How much should you realistically want to spend on a wireless adapter?
>>
>>57437598
Luke, you're drunk, time to stop posting.
>>
>>57437981
Used both, I like USB better. Get something with 3.0 if you have remotely good internet. There should be no reason for you to spend over 30 unless you have gigabit internet.
>>
>>57434191
>>57437653
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/HhJw7h

Some things you may be willing to change:

> DVD Player
Take it out if you want, but I'd keep it for whenever you want to burn a CD or DVD, or need to use it for software provided from hardware vendors.

> RX 480
Fuck you, it's better in the long term. Change it to another 480 if you want, you may not need 8GB or you may not like the brand.

> Case
A good case is one of the best investments you could possibly make in a new computer. These fuckers aren't going to get outdated any time soon, and should last you at least the life of three builds, unless you're a fucking retard. It isn't like anybody's actually going to STOP using computer cases.

> CPU Cooler
You're not going to be overclocking with this CPU, so you can change it if you want. Some argue Noctua's mounting/dismounting assembly is god-tier, though.

> Motherboard
Change it if you want, some people talk shit about AssRock. Next best thing would be MSI's offering.

> CPU
You may be able to find better deals, but for the most part, it'll take a good bit of time to get there, maybe ten days or more.

> Hard Drive
I'm not sure if you can get better than this, but it's probably refurbished. You should be good, though, but be mindful of the noise. These drives make a good bit of noise. As an alternative, go Toshiba if you want. They're pretty good.

> PSU
You can probably get a PSU with better wattage or efficiency, but SeaSonic is the most trustworthy PSU brand of all time. They won't ever fuck your shit up. Change it if you want, but do some research beforehand.

I hope this helps!
>>
>>57438096
Whoops, don't forget to add thermal paste! I certainly did.

I recommend Prolimatech PK-3. The X application method provides the best coverage and stuff with the least air pockets, with the dot method coming second. Every other application method is shit.
>>
>>57438313
Dot is best, razor thin line is good for 2011 sockets with huge CPUs, heatsink smashes it down and a firm wiggle will spread it completely no matter how you do it, dot method just ensures no air pockets
X method is dumb, allows for trapped air in the center and overflow in the corners, you don't need paste oozing all the way to every edge
All of the heat is coming from the very center square cm of the heat spreader anyways
>>
I'm trying to build a quiet little machine, would a Fractal Design Define Nano be able to hold all the quiet-tier components?

Mainly want the CPU to be passive cooled, and the PSU and GPU to be as quiet as possible. SSD obviously.
>>
>>57438439
PSUs are easy, most are quiet enough already and many come with fans-off until 30% load or something, some more expensive PSUs are fanless
CPU might be hard, passive cooling means finding the biggest heatsink you can possibly fucking fit in that case. And with ITX airflow already low, you might just get a normal CPU cooler and replace the fan to something quieter
GPU is tough, most GPU fans suck and you kinda need GPU fans.
Watercooling loop is an option, minimize your fans to just radiator fans at least
>>
>>57438439
>>57438468
Doesn't corsair make some mag-lev fans that are supposed to be the shit for silence?
>>
>>57436555
> Anon, you sounded like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed but i appreciate your feedbacks nonetheless.
Thank you! I really do appreciate that.

> General idea was to build a functional PC so I didn't go for top of the line stuff. I found sata good enough for normal use (my friend doesn't play games nor do anything that requires all that extra read/write speed).
Then in your case, you shouldn't be getting Samshit in the first place. With an m.2 SSD and a PCIe adapter, you'll (your friend) will be getting access to a whole new format of storage, normally reserved for laptops. It'll also still have a better price/storage/performance ratio as well.

Alternatively, if you still want to go SATA, go with the good stuff from a known brand. Examples include Micron, Intel, SanDisk, Crucial, and others. Kingston and ADATA are kinda iffy, and Samshit is too expensive, for the most part.

> As for the PSU, noted. Its just that all recognized brands around here only sell 500W and above PSUs, and that's a waste of money for a single G series intel cpu.
It isn't a waste. It's future upgradability, and PSUs operate at their maximum efficiency near the middle of their rated wattage.

On the topic of ODDs, why not get http://pcpartpicker.com/product/2v9KHx/asus-optical-drive-drw24b1stblkbas ? It has a better write rate for CDs.

> I have no idea about monitors, what are some good 1080p one in 100 dollars price range?
Dell S2240M. Personally, though, I don't like 16:9, and would recommend 16:10 if you could afford it.

> I only mentioned it, please don't act I am dead set on the thing.
Okay. I just want to drill it into your thick fucking skull that you should NEVER buy soldered parts, ESPECIALLY on desktop components. The fact that you even mentioned it as a potentially viable alternative is aggravating.

> Alright, so "good" is still in retarded tier.
It's a good drive, but buying one now is retarded compared to a drive with better quality and better cost.
>>
>>57438468
But my 1070 and I assume most of the 10-series have fans-off until 40-50° and handles the temps just fine, so basically a new efficient card that uses the shitty GPU fans as little as possible is best
>>
Is it a good idea to connect all the fans to the CPU header with a powered hub so that you get full PWM control?
>>
>>57438507
What's the powered hub you're talking about? Fan controllers have individual PWM controls
All my motherboards fan headers are 4 pin PWM already
>>
>PC
Windows 10, i5-6500, 16GB RAM, MSI Gaymen Motherboard and 980 GTX

>VR
DIY 2K HMD (piece of junk), Oculus Rift CV1

What games are good? There isn't much content right now beside tech demos. The only really good games are Subnautica, Solus Project and Redout. Obduction and Chronos look nice too. Besides that, VorpX isn't too bad but most games suck.
>>
File: cpf04-34.jpg (44KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
cpf04-34.jpg
44KB, 560x560px
>>57438514
I'm building Mini ITX, so there's only one two headers, and only the CPU one is PWM.

I'm talking about a hub like pic related, which connects to a single PWM port for control but uses a SATA power connector to drive the fans, to avoid overdrawing the four pin connector.
>>
>>57438542
*only two headers
>>
>>57438542
I guess that would be fine, but all your fans would be linked to the CPU temp
Only my CPU fan is PWM but my 3 other fan headers (mATX) are all 4-pin PWM, the case fans are doing fine running at their single speed
>>
>>57436555 (check'd)
>>57438497
> If by "best failure rates" you meant lowest fail rate, then yeah I will go for hitachi.
That is exactly what I meant.

Be careful though, they're usually used/refurbished and make a noticeable amount of noise. You should be fine, though. Enterprise drives have a longer lifespan than consumer drives. I'd say these might have as long as a lifespan as some nearline drives.

Also, Toshiba is a good alternative to Hitachi if you want new.

> Absolutely not, I am not buying used PC for my friend. Probably get a new pre-built with an available 3.5 slot and add the hitachi HDD for more storage.
Hey, you get the best prices used. That being said, there are also fantastic prices for new stuff, too. Here's one I like: https://smile.amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkServer-70A40037UX-Server-i3-4150/dp/B0167MYLL8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478598043&sr=8-1&keywords=thinkserver+ts140

PROTIP: use smile.amazon.com when purchasing shit from Amazon so you can donate money to a charity of your choice, like The Tor Project or the EFF. Or even the FSF (lol) or the Mozilla Foundation!

Anyways, the TS140 in that link lacks any drives, you'll have to add them yourself, which you were planning on doing anyways.

It also has a 280 watt power supply, take that as you will.

There may be better deals from Dell, but I didn't check.

> I pretty much got my eyes fixed on 4th gen and onward.
Perfect!

> Once again, Thank you even though you threw insults left and right at me back there.
You're welcome! I really do appreciate that.
>>
currently using sapphire nitro r9 380 4gb and looking to upgrade. Europistan so shit's expensive as fuck new. Found a deal online for a msi fury x for 350 euros and it still has about two years of warranty on it. Is this a good deal? what kind of improvements can i expect to see if i were to pull the trigger? would a 4690k @ 4ghz be a bottleneck? will a 750w psu be enough? i am seriously considering buying this but i'd like some more opinions.
>>
How many fans is safe to run off a single header using splitters?
>>
>>57438369
Proofs?

>>57438497
> It's a good drive, but buying one now is retarded compared to a drive with better quality and better cost.
Oh, and better storage capacity, too.
>>
>>57438612
No, major improvements on the level of GTX 960 tier to GTX 980 Ti tier, no, and probably.
>>
What are the best fans for a 140mm radiator?
>>
>>57438693
care to elaborate how this is not a good deal? i mean everything here is expensive as fuck (for that price i can get a shit tier 1060 new) and i'm guessing that our insane prices affect the used market pretty heavily as well... would a 400 euro gtx 1070 be a better deal (either a used evga FE with some warranty left on it or a asus dual 1070 in a sale that's coming up?
>>
>>57423986
LOW IQ NIGGER
>>
>>57438634
Check your manual for how many amps the header outputs. Make sure the fans add up to less than that.
>>
Would a 6600k + 1080ti/490 be good enough for 4k?
>>
Does /g/ know of anything like a spreadsheet that details the difference between different brands (ASUS, Sapphire, Gigabyte, etc etc) of GPUs?
>>
>>57439118
they're all pretty much the same with different numbers of fans and a back plate or not. You can spend extra so it lights up too!
>>
>>57439072
good enough for 144hz 1440p

prob not 4k except med-high

fps is better
>>
>>57439129

Yeah, I'm kinda interested in those small spec changes. But tracking each of them down is a pain. So I thought maybe someone had already did that already.
>>
>>57439118
never buy goygabyte
>>
>>57439167
You cant just say that and not elaborate, anon.
>>
>>57438729
its a good deal, i don't like the fury x because it has meme cooling but that's just me
>>
>>57439157
theres one for 470's I googled. There might be others. Main thing is the ram chips, I've heard of issues with some.
>>
>>57439185
No good, I promised myself I would never knowingly enrich a jew.
>>
>>57439180
just look at their recent amd cards
>>
>>57438468
>>57438476
>>57438502
Thanks, that's useful to know. I haven't made a build for a while but I would like to get it right in one go if possible.
I am a bit worried that the case is on the smaller end but I really need it to be compact as possible. I guess it's gonna be a bit of a quest to find the right to of quiet/passively cooled parts.
>>
i5-6500
asus z170 pro gaming
gtx 1060 3gb
16 gt hyperx fury ddr4 2133mhz

Everything is on sale.

What kind of performance can I expect? Will it run Witcher 3 on highest setttings?
>>
>>57424231
>16 GB of RAM when you could've gotten a better CPU or GPU
Viper, my man, kill yourself.
>>
>>57439260
>i5-6500
>Z170
>>
Anyone know whether or not GPU enclosures are a meme at this point or will they catch on?

Doesnt the fact you're lugging around a huge brick completely negate owning a laptop?
>>
>>57439329

I understand that z series is for overclocking and 6500 is not. But both of them are on sale. Is there somethign h or b series can do that z series cannot?
>>
>>57424184
>8000 euros

wtf. Is 75% of that your personal salary?
>>
>>57439260
>3gb gtx 1060
signs of a cuck
>>
>>57439147
Should I wait till next gen of graphics for good 4k performance.

1170/1180?
>>
>>57439432
If you want to wait another one and half year, then yeah, by all means.
>>
>>57439381
You... don't lug around the enclosure. That's the point. You leave it at home.
>>
>>57439381
>own a laptop
>leave the GPU at home when you go somewhere with the laptop
>use a real GPU when at home playing games instead of a shitty laptop one
I-is this not a bad thing ? No it's not, kill yourself.
>>
>>57439388
It's just wasted money if you're not going to use the Z170 chipset. You can upgrade to Kaby Lake with this, but if you don't want this, get a cheaper B150.
>>
>>57439490
Would it be smart to buy something cheapo like 470 and then wait.

I want to go to 4k from 1080p and not wait at 1440p.
>>
File: 1458842920558.jpg (183KB, 1024x622px) Image search: [Google]
1458842920558.jpg
183KB, 1024x622px
I want a vive, should I get a vive?

I play racing sims a lot and wouldn't mind having ultra comfy movie watching in bed
>>
>>57439773
Nothing about a vive is ultra comfy. Have you looked at one?
>>
>>57439786
Yes, looks comfy.
>>
>>57439824
Yeah nothing comfier than a massive rigid mess of cables coming off your head.
>>
File: Hopefully final.png (79KB, 722x863px) Image search: [Google]
Hopefully final.png
79KB, 722x863px
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/46ckjc

I've posted earlier versions of this before, think it's all finalised now, just throwing it out there to make sure I haven't fucked anything up massively.

Aiming for gaming at 1440p. Likely not going to overclock with the kind of temps I'll get in this case, but I figured I might as well leave the option open, I have the budget for it. Might end up doing better than I think with the three Noctua fans.

The FTZ01B is the same case as the ML07/RVZ01, it's just a nicer version, but the layout and functionality are literally identical. I just like metal cases too much to cheap out and go with the plastic option. Plus the ML07 has no fan filters, and the RVZ01 is ugly as sin.

I'm Australian if the au link didn't make that obvious.
>>
>>57439842
I sleep in a hammock and can angle them quite comfortably and easily out of the hammock!
>>
Oh and the reason I went with the Deskstar drive despite it being kinda overkill is because it's the only good 4TB drive I can find in stock without shopping around and ending up worse off due to postage costs anyway.
>>
>>57439865
If you go poo fan mode than go full poo fan mode, feggit. Also get 3000 RAM or people might think you're a child molesting savage: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/PBbkjc
>>
1050ti
>$190 CAD

Or

>$240 CAD
>>
>>57440362
Can attest to this, 470 holds up pretty well.

Just don't overclock past 1360 MHz, drivers start crashing after that.
>>
>>57439773
Just spend the $600 on an Acer predator you sperg.
>>
>>57440463
Those really bad monitors?

I have 3 monitors already, no thanks.
>>
>>57440492
>really bad monitors
>1440p
>165hz
>Gsync
>good reviews on every site
Literally how are they bad?
>>
>>57440505
Just a waste of money when comparable products exist with less backlight bleed issues since Acer QA is so awful.

and of course
>IPS
>Memesync at 165hz
>>
>>57440362
Does it really give a performance increase of that much?

It's not bad, considering how much my parents would have had to pay for my brothers and I and our many injuries as children.
>>
>>57424835
What is your position? Are you primarily doing visualisation or are you an architect or?
>>
>>57439072
Yes, even at ultra/high, even at 60hz
A 1080ti is gonna cost you though
>>
>>57439072
1080 Ti should cost about the same the 980 Ti at launch, maybe more.
>>
>>57440541
Nothing comparable exists actually, the ROG is equal but it's also memey
There is no monitor that checks off 1440p, 144hz+, IPS and g sync
>>
>>57439242
Even having one quiet low-rpm fan on your cooler blows away any attempt at passive CPU cooling, a fan really changes everything here
Just get a big CPU cooler and a quiet fan
>>
>>57442217
Considering how bad the QA is on the whopping 2 or 3 panels that do it and have IPS, I see no reason in buying them over the TN variants right now with actual 8 bit color.

Plus I play a lot of games that depend on response time, and the meme excuse of not being able to tell the difference with ghosting and the response time difference is a joke before we get into that, if I went to locals on an IPS, everyone who places in top 50 would notice.
>>
>>57442390
csgo is awful btw
>>
>>57424339
is she about to vomit?
>>
>>57442546
There's no fps that comes close besides siege. Also, he could be taking about racing games too.
>>
>>57442650
>top 50 leaderboards
Anybody who doesn't play csgo wouldn't care about rank chasing.
And anybody who would meme arrow >IPS clearly doesn't play colorful games
>>
>>57442650
>buy $600 meme monitor for racing games
>Horizon 3 STILL can't hold up a constant 60fps
>>
>>57442676
It's not hard to calibrate TN panels also
>muh viewing angles
You sit maybe a foot away from your monitor, why do you care?
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Emmeme/saved/fWr6hM

For gaming, going to a plain black look for the whole build. Gonna buy half the parts on black friday and the rest after when i get paid
>>
>>57442737
Get an SSD, loose the AIO and get a Noctua cooler instead, and get a case from Fractal Design.
>>
>>57442737
Get an aircooler, a single-fan watercooler is just as powerful or worse than a good aircooler
>get an SSD as well, it's like $50 for 512GB and will make things much nicer
>>
>>57442779
Do you have a suggestion of a good air cooler?
>>
>>57442808
Noctua DH12 or something is pretty standard
>>
>>57442808
Noctua NH-D15.
>>
>>57442894
That might not fit in a tiny case tho
>>
File: 1462428744509.jpg (510KB, 2048x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1462428744509.jpg
510KB, 2048x1151px
>buy rx 460 to replace 660ti
>start up fallout to be greeted with rainbow static textures and immediate crash.
>request RMA from gigabyte
>"bla bla blah no"
>fuck you too, return through Amazon
>exchange for 950
>runs perfect, all comfy again.
>fuck AMD and fuck gigabyte.
>>
>>57442947
I believe the stock cooler does.
>>
>>57442968
6600ks don't come with stock coolers
>>
>>57442546
Don't play it limpdick, cry more about me ignoring your awful advice.

>>57442650
Don't need it for racing, was mostly talking about fighting games.

>>57442676
>locals for CS:GO
>muh 5% better color for photo editing!!!

You're not very good at reading.
>>
I have an old pc that I want to revive with an e8400 (ancient by today's standards)

motherboard and cpu fan are dead, I might also need to get new ram sticks for it

any of you have a recommendation for a micro/mini ATX lga 775 mobo to revive my shit?

I'm outside the US but I can order stuff online if I make a giant mess
>>
>>57443246
Get the cheapest stuff available and you're fine.
>>
Guys can someone give me a reasonable argument against AMD CPUs.
I want to get an i5 intel.
Btw the person I am arguing with is very stubborn
>>
>>57444082
Shitty single core performance. Slower IPC, higher power consumption, hotter temps, wonky multi thread clustering, castrated FP units. Zen fixes a lot of these though. Even though I'm a intel user, I welcome the progress.
>>
>>57444082
Also, you can't make a hackintosh (worth using) on AMD cpus.
>>
File: Screenshot_273.png (19KB, 466x394px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_273.png
19KB, 466x394px
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnhgPs
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/8ZRnGf
Pic related is current build. Which one of these 2 links is better, please help?
>>
>>57444370
The second build, but get 2133 mhz ram since you can't OC anyways, and you forgot to add a GPU to it.
>>
>>57444564
Oh yeah I was planning on getting a 1060 for the graphics.
>>
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/DxCDJV

thoughts for 1080p 144hz gaymen ?
>>
>>57444635
get an i5 6500. You might want to look into a cheap 1070, and see if you can find cheaper RAM.
>>
>>57444662
but desu, the 1070 is 150$ more expensive for a relative 5% power increase: not worth. also this ram has the best ratio of price/performance for 2133
>>
>>57444370
Neither, you'll get way more out of upgrading your old rig.

FX4300 --> FX8350 + aftermarket cooler (or get one with AMD Wraith cooler if possible)
4GB more RAM @ 1600
Get budget 240GB SSD
Get RX470/480 or GTX 1060

After selling your current CPU + graphics card, the upgrade will only cost about 250 - 300

>>57444635
Kinda sucks, depends on the games you're playing but if you really want high framerates then get an i5 6600K and OC
>>
>>57444082
As an FX 6350 user, don't buy the AM3+ platform new. Old, slow RAM you can't reuse, dead socket, extremely hot. Mixed performance in games, frametime issues.

If you have to buy right now the 1151 socket is the way to go because it uses DDR4 and you can actually upgrade you CPU
>>
>>57444751
thats what i thought, heres the other build i had in mind, althought i might get the 980 for 350$ instead

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/V4JDzM
>>
>>57444796
How much can you get the 980Ti for? Might consider that as a budget conscious alternative for the 1070
Also drop to 3000MHz RAM, you'll save a few bucks
>>
>>57444836
the 980ti would be more expensive than a brand new 1070

for the ram, idk, the 3600 is in a 30% rebate and is only 30$ more then the 3000, isnt it worth it ?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Productcompare.aspx?CompareItemList=147%7C20-231-910%5E20-231-910%2C20-231-920%5E20-231-920
>>
>>57442966
I've never had a problem getting an RMA from Gigabyte. You might be a faggot or something.

>>57442737
Better have a nice monitor to go with that
>inb4 768p

>>57439865
Get 3000MHz RAM retard

>>57439773
If for racing only the Vive is fine, but they're coming out with wireless/nextgen HMDs soon

>>57439432
1080Ti will be great for 4K, but be aware that you won't be able to stay on that card for too long. Requirements for 4K are only going to increase
>>
Enthoo Evolv ITX or NZXT S340 Elite

Both with window. Will be using a 6600k. Trying to stay within $1000 Canadian. Won't be buying a new GPU or nice monitor until they can push 4k. Currently have a 7870.
>>
>>57444370
>Which one of these 2 links is better, please help?
Neither, both are retarded.
>>
>>57444970
>Evolv vs. anything
It's already decided then.
>>
>>57445021
I want to make sure ITX isn't a meme form factor.
>>
>>57445073
Everything's a meme, anon.. but ITX is a good meme is space is an issue.
>>
>>57444751
>>57444370
Okay I like where you're going.
Can you go a little indepth please?
What mother board should i get?
>>
File: IMG_20161108_174740.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161108_174740.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>57445151
Space really isn't an issue.

Just my setup is fucking gay and I need a real computer and I want to fall for the tempered glass meme. Is the evolv glass atx a good case to put that much money into?
>>
>>57429545
Get a high-end i3, look for one that's about at your price range. It should be good.
>>
>>57437124
>do a pentium g 4400, 90% of an i3 in single core for 1/2 the price
You do realize it only has 2 threads which cause problems in vydias or makes them unable to start right?

Pentium is nice for HTPC but it's the worst possible option for playing any kind of vydia. Even an athlon 5150 is better.
>>
>>57445252
Jesus Christ are you fucking gay or a girl?
Anyways... if space isn't an issue don't get ITX, it's the most expensive form factor. Tempered glass is an expensive eye candy, so.. decide if it's worth.
>>
>>57445244
You can use the motherboard you have. The 4300 and the 8350 are on the same socket, AM3+.

What other questions do you have?
>>
>>57445252
Super gay pictures on the wall anon, just drop buy your local thrift store and pick up orignial (handmade) works of art. There's really good stuff for like $5 a piece if you regularly look for it
>>
>>57445300
Not gay or a girl desu if I was one of those it would look nice because they usually have some sense of aesthetic.

The iMac I got for free and its fucking old, I don't even want it bar using it to download music.

The s340 elite looks nice desu and cheaper than the evolv glass. I'm willing to invest in eye candy if I'm going to be looking at it for the next 4 years.

>>57445323
Hey fuck you, you ass pirate, those are handmade original photographs. You've already established you don't have an eye for art so why should I take your advice any longer. They would clash with computer shit but I have a big room and can move them so idc right now.
>>
File: 1354499612057.jpg (10KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1354499612057.jpg
10KB, 240x250px
>>57445382
>handmade photographs
>>
>>57445302
Are you sure, I would kind of want to get a new motherboard or would have expected to get one. I kind of want to do an upgrade on everything.
Im terrible with pcs. Would you be kind enough to put this stuff on pcpartpicker?
Money necessarily isnt a huge issue. Id be willing to spend around $500 maybe 600
>>
>>57445382
You could opt for a cheaper ATX or mATX build and a cheaper case, aesthetics don't need to be expensive.
>>
File: IMG_20161108_180544.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161108_180544.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>57445415
They literally are. Just printed on canvas. I can get similar ones in purple or pink if you're so triggered from the same artist. Not like you can judge phone pictures of a photograph well anyways.

Would this be better? I like the colours better.

>>57445466
I just want full meme glass on one side if I'm going atx because its going onto the desks no matter what.
>>
>>57445485
Suit yourself, but you do realize such cases are HUGE dust and fingerprint magnets?
>>
>>57445456
If you really want a nice new build you can go with this one
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/ZhnQ7P
Of course you can substitute anything you want, like the graphics card or get an i5 6500

But if you don't know that the 4300 and 8350 have the same socket (or what that means), you're probably too uneducated to build a PC right now. Either read up or have someone build it for you
>>
>>57445485
>printed on canvas
Get something painted by hand or created with mixed media. Prints are for boring middle class people who want something on their wall
>>
File: 20161108_171512.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161108_171512.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>57445485
Here's one of the normie paintings I have, the others are far out or intentionally fucked up
>>
>>57445535
But I am boring and middle class. It's still better than shitty ass posters for now. I don't have the money to invest in art yet.

>>57445567
Is it advisable to make friends with artists who paint and buy their stuff?

>>57445496
Idk about dust but I heard it's scratch and fingerprint resistant.
>>
>>57445583
I'm the same guy who made both of those art related posts. I got that at goodwill for $3
>>
>>57445583
Idk, but glossy shit is usually a magnet to everything. Anyways, some alternatives to the Evolv ITX:
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/GgYXsY/corsair-case-cc9011070ww
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/WMbkcf/inwin-303-black-atx-mid-tower-case-303-black
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/jrVBD3/phanteks-case-phes515pbk
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/BT8Zxr/fractal-design-case-fdcaarcminir2blw
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/FbKhP6/corsair-case-cc9011081ww
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/vVwqqs/phanteks-case-phes515pabk
You should also consider just going for some non-window Define case, they look very good and silence is golden.
>>
>>57445601
I guess I'll take a look. I'm trying to redecorate. I don't have many things and this is the first time I'm renting a real house with a real room.

>>57445618
That last one I like a lot. Good price point. And good that there is cable hiding. I pretty much want a meme window because I will try to save up for custom liquid cooling.
>>
>>57445583
>Is it advisable to make friends with artists who paint and buy their stuff?
Definitely. I'm an artist and I sometimes give away works to friends

If you're going with photo prints at least print them on baryte paper and not on shitty canvas
>>
I currently have a i5 6500, a 1070 and a 1080p monitor, got various upgrade options

a 25" 1440p monitor at 60hz, a ssd and a 4tb hdd, some open headphones,mic and a monitor arm

a 27" 1440p monitor at 144hz

34" ultrameme at 60hz
>>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD4RB3611&cm_re=7k2000-_-22-145-298-_-Product

is this good hdd?
>>
>>57446025
IMO, Western Digital Black 1TB is the hardiest HDD you'll get.

Otherwise, go Caviar blue 1TB or go home, Hitatchi's a bit...eh.
>>
>>57445903
1440p 144Hz, upgrade the other stuff like SSD when you have the money, or even first

>>57446025
Yes
>>
>>57446080
blues are 5400 rpm for 2tb which is what i need

this is for game storage outside muh ssd
>>
>>57446080
What is wrong with you, terrible advice. HGST is the best as far as reliability is concerned.
>>
File: Snapchat-330852862629585494.jpg (539KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-330852862629585494.jpg
539KB, 1440x2560px
What's the best monitor right now at around $300?

Mine is starting to shit itself and I'd love to get into some of that fancy 4k and whatnot

I mostly do coding and play games
>>
File: as.png (97KB, 1246x748px) Image search: [Google]
as.png
97KB, 1246x748px
>>57438096
>>57438313

Alright, this is what I have tweaked around so far.

On a side note, do any of you guy think the cryorig H7 can handle it at stock at ~45C?
>>
>>57446177
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2rJtQV

I forgot link.
>>
>>57446109
AOC
>>
File: zapp_rock_crushes_paper.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
zapp_rock_crushes_paper.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
help plox is this a good mobo?

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/gXm3HN
>>
>>57446177
Get an SSD and Win7 is hard to install on Skylake over USB, have to inject drivers or something
>>
>tfw all parts got here today except for case
>case gets here tomorrow
>building muh x99 6800k rig soon
may it serve me as well as my beloved 2500k
>>
>>57446667
>expecting a six-core Broadwell to last four years
Bruh
>>
>>57446688
I'm not sure we'll have another generation as good as the 2500k honestly, with moore's law and all. But it was finally time to upgrade for me and by the time I even think of upgrading again the prices for 10-core will hopefully have fallen because they're currently ridiculous.
>>
Talk about Hitachi hdd, should i get this one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CM85C0K
>>
>>57446089
>5400RPM

Strange, aren't there blues at 7200 RPM?
>>
Thoughts on my build? Just trying to make a decent gaming machine while being as cost effective as possible Thanks in advance.

Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core
CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler
MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card
NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9h6tWX
>>
>>57440164
Isn't that cooler only rated for low TDP processors?
>>
>>57440164
>>57444934

Does 3000 MHz RAM make an actual difference? I mean I'll get it anyway because it's cheap but is there any substantial difference?
>>
Yes, I know I'm a retard. Just throwing this out there for any hapless other retards to help anon out.
I bought a Gigabyte RX 470 4GB for my new build, because it was a good deal (My build is designed for current/last gen games 1080/60fps because that's the monitor I have). The thing runs at load around 85C. Did better research, got an MSI RX 470 instead, 67C at load. Holy shit, do NOT buy a gigabyte RX 470. I used to trust these negers, what happen?
>>
>>57447059
I have a gigabyte 470, no problem.

>>57446891
Yes, pic related

>>57446850
Looks fine, but I'd get a 2TB HGST. You can save $15 by getting an adata SSD

>>57446789
If it has a good warranty
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4ZK22R
This is a budget build for a friend, how does it look?
>>
>>57447383
>http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4ZK22R
>Budget

What exactly is budget about this?
I was thinking near 500/sub 500ish.

Actually, what IS your budget you're going for?
>>
>>57447409
roughly 800ish
>>
>>57447413
Okay.
So-
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xy2bwV
>Mobo and Ram, I have both, they work perfectly fine.
>SSD, slap OS on here, nothing else. Sub-30 second boot time for windows on startup.
>PSU, lets you upgrade a bit, and that 430w earlier... Jesus man, I've got an even lower spec build and have a 450w 80+ Bronze installed. Never skimp out on PSU.
>No need for custom cooler, intel does it all.

On the other hand....
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/LGYQGf
>Drop the custom cooler, intel's stock coolers work fine for a CPU you can't overclock.
>Upgrade SSD, now you can store SOME games and applications alongside the OS, but you'll be at the 800 buck price point. Also, 750 user here, it's a pretty good SSD.

Alternatively-
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/dczF4C
>Congrats, your friend can upgrade to a K-series CPU with his custom cooler and overclock for digital gainz.
>Unfortunately, no SSD.
>>
>>57447487
thanks for the help.
>>
>>57447487
The Z170 is kinda weak because you don't have an SSD and use slow RAM.

The easy solution is to drop to a cheaper video card
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/NCbjXL
He'll have room to get a better case too
>>
>>57447781
Based on the pic you posted, the new Fractal Design Mini C could work.
>>
New thread
>>57447993
>>57447993
>>57447993
>>
>>57438729
Yeah, the 1070 would be a better deal.

Maybe wait for the asus?

>>57446177
>>57446187
It's good, but why did you change the CPU and motherboard?

I recommend you ditch the OEM key. Just steal Windows like everybody else. If there's cheaper RAM in higher capacity per stick, get that instead, frequencies be damned.

Here's an updated build, please reconsider: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/K4xbwV

>>57446824
Didn't you hear?

Greens are the new Blues.

>>57446891
No and no.

Capacity >>> clock speed for the most part, anyways.

>>57447115
> Yes, pic related
>>> no pic
SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING
>>
Guys I would like to get a 1440p 144hz screen.Which one is better?Asus or Acer?
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.