[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mpv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 10

File: mpv-logo-128-0baae5aa.png (10KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-logo-128-0baae5aa.png
10KB, 128x128px
Has anyone got CUDA decoding to work using hwdec=cuda yet?
>>
I'm not noticing any difference with interpolation, what a fucking scam.
>>
>>57311522
I know you are probably just shitposting, but what do you have in your config? You do know you can adjust the threshold, right?
>>
>>57311643
profile=opengl-hq
video-sync=display-resample
hwdec=auto
interpolation=yes
interpolation-threshold=0.01
tscale=oversample
blend-subtitles
>>
>>57311689
Raise your threshold dummy
>>
You know how some audio sources are quieter than others? is there a way to automatically bump anything I play up to a normalized line level without clipping?

Looking at the manual, there's
volume[=<volumedb>[:...]]
replaygain-track
and replaygain-clip=yes
Is this what I want?
I don't really understand the syntax either - Would the call be something like
--volume=replaygain-track:replaygain-clip=yes
>>
>hwdec: Add support for CUDA and cuvid/NvDecode (mostly useful on Linux where VDPAU still lacks HEVC Main 10 support; keep using DXVA2 on Windows)
>>
>>57311522
That means it isn't working. The difference should be incredibly, painfully obvious

https://github.com/haasn/interpolation-samples
>>
>>57311807
I'm not sure what you mean. That the volume is different on videos and you want them equal? That by switching outputs audio disappears or get painfully low?

I had a issue with my TV and Pulseaudio. Basically it tried to use some sort of surround shit when the TV is stereo. So at times voices became low as fuck while the background music got enhanced beyond belief.
audio-channels=2
audio-pitch-correction=no
audio-normalize-downmix=yes

That solved it for me. However that might not be what you are looking for.
>>
>>57311495
>Has anyone got CUDA decoding to work using hwdec=cuda yet?
Yes, but it's shit
>>
>>57311807
>You know how some audio sources are quieter than others? is there a way to automatically bump anything I play up to a normalized line level without clipping?
af=lavfi=[loudnorm=I=-16:TP=-3:LRA=4]
>>
>>57311807
>I don't really understand the syntax either - Would the call be something like
>--volume=replaygain-track:replaygain-clip=yes
--af=volume, not --volume (it's listed under the “audio filters” section)
>>
>>57311807
>>57312018
btw, replaygain only works on files which have replaygain tags (e.g. FLAC, MP3 or Ogg songs which you've run metaflac/mp3gain etc. on)

If you need something that works in realtime for all sources, even untagged stuff, use lavfi=loudnorm (e.g. >>57312000)
>>
>>57311495
Faggot.
>>57311689
kys
>>
Anybody go the pastebins? Just started using this to stream jewtube and it's kinda grainy or something.

Also is there any plugins or anything I can use to search and browse youtube without having to be on that aids ridden website?
>>
>>57312797
What video did you try that looked grainy?

If there is another way to search youtube I too would like to know. I just use noscript to browse it.
>>
>>57312037
>>57312000
>>57311964
>audio-normalize-downmix=yes
>lavfi=loudnorm
These don't appear to be in the manual.
Where can a read about them, how to use them, and what they do?
>>
>>57311752
to what?
>>
How do I add or remove a file to the current playlist?
>>
>>57313314
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#loudnorm
https://mpv.io/manual/master/#options-audio-normalize-downmix
>>
>>57314316
You decide, you're the one who has to live with it.
>>
I'm trying to launch a YT stream on my old ass Raspi with Raspbian, through PuTTY. Installed both mpv and youtube-dl through apt-get. When I launch it I only get audio and this error message on the terminal:
[vo/vdpau/x11] couldn't open the X11 display ()!
[vo/xv/x11] couldn't open the X11 display ()!
[vo/sdl] SDL_Init failed
[vo/vaapi/x11] couldn't open the X11 display ()!
[vo/x11/x11] couldn't open the X11 display ()!

What's going on?
>>
>>57311495
Not again, dude. It's becoming crazy!
First it was to share presets because people are mad about ranpha's choice of using madvr and mpdn in his installers. After some fags became crazy about madshi because he decided to work more for his business. After foozoor appeared and created mpv vs madvr threads because he can't choose between them. Then some freetards appeared to shit on madvr and madshi intensively until releasing madvr shaders.
>>
>>57315339
your connection (putty[ssh]) has no display
try to run any graphic program and you'll get the same error
you have to run ssh with -X or use vnc or something
oh, but you prolly mean that you want the video to come out of whatever monitor is plugged into the raspi, not the one you're logging in from
i'm sure this is possible somehow, though i've no idea how to go about it
>>
>>57315908
hi foozoor
>>
>>57316035
export DISPLAY=:0
>>
Anyone here a dev or know how the subtitle rendering works?
How hard would it be to make it call a unique fully fledged subtitle engine for every --slang/sid= supplied?
--secondary-sid is crippled and doesn't cut it.
I want to be able to overlay multiple subtitle tracks simultaneously.
>>
>>57315908
There was an mpc-hc+madvr thread up at the same time as this one. Sorry not enough people care about it and it died...

>>57309330
>>
>>57316041
Nice try foozoor.
>>
>>57316277
Hi JarrettH
>>
>>57316277
foo zoor, foozoor.
>>
File: awe1350281144003.gif (498KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
awe1350281144003.gif
498KB, 262x200px
>>57316046
wow, awesome
thanks
>>
>>57316091
honestly it's probably easier to just merge the two subtitle files using an external script or program
>>
Any hope for windows builds with vapoursynth support?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
>>
>>57316035
>oh, but you prolly mean that you want the video to come out of whatever monitor is plugged into the raspi, not the one you're logging in from
Yes, sorry I was unclear about that. I'll try this >>57316046 but some other time.
On a similar note, I also access the raspi through TightVNC, but anything I do through it doesn't show on the monitor connected to the raspi, like I launch the web browser and it'll show on the TightVNC screen, but not the Raspi. Any ideas about that?
>>
>>57316370
export DISPLAY=:0
>>
I need a faster ewa_lanczos* version.
>>
>>57316370
it would be the same problem
vnc is going to assume that you want to look at things on the machine you're logging in from
vs controlling something remotely which is a different deal
>>
>>57316400
try lanczos, it's faster than ewa_lanczos
>>
>>57316406
How would you recommend I go about controlling my raspi remotely?
>>
File: feet.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
feet.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
How can I find out what the default value for "osd-msg3" is? I'm trying to customize it to equal the last line of stdout, but the manpage section on Property Expansion isn't descriptive enough. For example, how would I get the property "duration" to be formatted like the option "osd-fractions" would have it appear in the default "osd-msg3".
>>
>>57316436
I would use ssh

but I also wouldn't be using the piece of dogshit PuTTy
>>
Oh winfags will be happy:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1784368#post1784368

It seems that shiandow is taking up the mpdn torch but it still not open source.

Enjoy a fast interpolation/fluidmotion powered by pure d3d11.
>>
>>57316499
go away foozoor, this is an mpv thread not an MPDN thread
>>
>>57316496
What would you use instead?
>>
>>57316535
openssh
>>
>>57316571
Cool, thanks
>>
>>57316499
Hello Shiandow, please share. the source!
>>
>>57316591
Isn't it just C#? It would be a shame if somebody were to use a .NET decompiler on it...
>>
>>57316646
>with performance critical parts in ASM/SSE2
>>
>>57316699
>if I rewrite it in assembly, it will be faster
doom9, the post
>>
>>57316903
>>>/out/
too retard for this board.
>>
>>57314871
How do I add or remove a file to the current playlist?
>>
>>57317005
As far as I've been able to tell, you can't.
It reads the whole file on load, so changing it does nothing.
I've intended for a while to write a lua script that would force the playlist to be reread at the end of every track or something, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
>>
>>57317005
>>57317686
https://github.com/donmaiq/Mpv-Playlistmanager
>>
>>57316328
Yeah, but that's dumb.
If the subtitle engine is modular as any sane designer would enforce, it really shouldn't be that big of a deal to make it call multiple instances.
>>
>>57316926
feel free to go back to doom9
>>
>>57317735
patches welcome
>>
>>57311495
>CUDA
>working
i remember trying to use CUDA in photoshop on an older macbook. what an awful experience.
>>
File: mpv-bloat.png (6KB, 778x27px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-bloat.png
6KB, 778x27px
Why does this piece of shit use so much memory out of the box? MPC-HC uses a fraction of this. Also, using mpv to open images is slower than just opening them in Firefox in a new tab, and mpv uses CPU because it run the image on loop while the Firefox tab with the image is static. This program is subpar, I'm afraid.
>>
>>57311522
Your monitor is probably configured correctly so you don't need it. With tscale=oversample you won't get any unnecessary blur. Interpolation is purely a workaround for inferior hardware.
>>
>>57318666
Unused RAM is wasted RAM
mpv is not an image viewer
>>
>>57318666
if i open a jpg it automatically pauses for me
>>
>>57312000
I like look-ahead compression with vlevel LADSPA plugin:
af=lavfi=[ladspa=/usr/lib/ladspa/vlevel-ladspa.so:vlevel_stereo:c=c0=1|c1=0.7|c3=10]
audio-delay=-1

Ideally I'd like this to be combined with loudnorm-style perceptual volume estimation.
>>
>>57316400
I use scale=ewa_lanczossharp cscale=bilinear

Bilinear is basically free and it's hard to notice chroma blur.
>>
>>57318695
>Unused RAM is wasted RAM
So an unpatched memory leak would be ok? i just want to know why it uses so much doing nothing. The OSC shows 73.2MB buffered - where is the rest coming from? I'm not installing VLC, but I wager it uses less memory.
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>57318666
>using mpv to open images
>>
>>57316400
Try
scale=catmull_rom
. I use it when my junk can't handle 60fps upscaling.

Also, there really isn't anything better than
dscale=mitchell
. You can use bicubic_fast, which is much faster, but a bit blurrier and have some minor artefacts.
>>
>>57318695
>Unused RAM is wasted RAM
This is such a fucking dumb way of thinking.

Is unused processing power wasted processing power? Is unused energy wasted energy?
>>
Unknown profile 'opengl-hq'

REEEEEEEE
>>
>>57321466
Update your shit.
>>
>>57321459
There is no such thing as unused ram in a normal PC. Every bit holds a 0 or a 1, so you might as well store something meaningful. It would technically be possible to power off ram when it's not needed and have truly unused ram but I'm not aware of any computer system that does this (other than hibernation modes where all the ram is turned off).
>>
Has anyone read this? Seems legit.
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1609.05158v2.pdf
>>
Wow, this looks good, but probably slow as fuck.
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1609.04802v2.pdf
>>
File: file.png (113KB, 1558x308px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
113KB, 1558x308px
>>57318666
That's strange. On my machine it uses nowhere near as much yours, and nowhere near as much as Firefox. Maybe the memory leak is in your graphics drivers or something?

>Also, using mpv to open images is slower than just opening them in Firefox in a new tab,
That's not really fair if Firefox is already initialised and mpv is not, though I still don't have this problem. Even though mpv is not optimised for fast startup, it still opens in a fraction of a second on my machine.

>mpv uses CPU because it run the image on loop while the Firefox
That depends on how you have it set up. It certainly doesn't loop images by default. If you want to use mpv as an image viewer that loops GIFs and WebMs, but keeps PNGs and JPEGs open, try:
--loop-file=inf --image-display-duration=inf

>>57319537
>>57318695
>>using mpv to open images
>mpv is not an image viewer
I use mpv as an image viewer sometimes. It's nice when you're browsing a folder that also contains animated GIFs and WebMs, since it will play them just as smoothly as mpv does. Even viewing static images is better with mpv's high quality renderer.
>>
>>57321563
just use Honeyview to view images and gifs

mpv for webms is pretty great though
>>
>>57321613
That looks like Windows-only proprietary software, so I think I'll give it a pass.
>>
>>57316333
File a bug report: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/support
>>
Whatever happened to that Android version of mpv someone was going to look into doing?
>>
>>57316499
>but it still not open source.
So it's still even worse than madVR. At least madshi is honest about being an egotistical asshole, but MPDN is a closed source core with open source plugins, so it's taking advantage of an open source community without giving anything back. They even boast about their "open source community contributed extensions."
>>
>>57321726
https://github.com/mpv-android/mpv-android
It's still a thing. I haven't tried it recently, but apparently it works.
>>
>>57321742
>They even boast about their "open source community contributed extensions."

What part of that is not factual?
They write all these themselves and have not stolen anything (unlike mpv who stole the gplv3 code from them and got caught, nice spinning btw, shill). So what is the issue?
>>
>>57321756
> cli media player on android

Modern phones don't have buttons, how are keybinds going to work?
>>
>>57321774
It has a simple on screen controller and an options menu.
>>
>>57321774
A cli support keybinds for sure.
>>
>>57321774
Where my hand's goin', we won't need no keybinds.
>>
>>57321782
>options menu.
Options menu port for desktpo, when?
>>
>>57321770
>What part of that is not factual?
I didn't say it wasn't factual. It's just an exploitative model of development and kind of a worthless thing to say if the core is proprietary.

>unlike mpv who stole the gplv3 code from them and got caught
>stole
>gplv3
Lel. mpv had that behind an --enable-gpl3 switch when it was included in the program itself, and they added a user-shaders system because they were uncomfortable with that model.
>>
>>57321800
mpv-android is a client API application and there are already client API programs for desktop that have options menus, like mpc-qt.
>>
>>57321847
>mpc-qt
mpc looks ugly as shit but I'm willing to use it.
RC, when?
>>
>>57321742
I hope Shiandow will change this.
Will he contribute to a closed source for ages, I don't think so.
There are probably copyrighted codes in the core that needs to be rewritten.

But this day mpv will probably have a vulkan renderer and windows will be the less used os for desktop games and why not be fully open source. :D
>>
>>57321854
bomi > mpc-qt > mpc-hc > potplayer > mpdn
>>
>>57322018
>bomi
>Literally, bomi is not a front end.
>First, bomi uses customized built-in mpv, literally
https://github.com/xylosper/bomi/wiki/bomi-is-not-a-front-end

It's a piece of shit
>>
Improved fluid motion by timing frames more accurately

What is that fluid motion thing, is it just smoothmotion/tscale=oversample or something else?
>>
>>57322041
Why fork it and not help mpv? Fucking freetards and their effort duplication.
>>
>>57322084
And to make matters worse it barely gets updated

> last "official" release from 2015
> last commit from 13th of august
>>
>>57322105
Yes it's dead as an omelet.
>>
>>57322105
The commits are hilarious
>>
>>57322127
Funny or just retarded?
>>
>>57318666
>Why does this piece of shit use so much memory out of the box?
Because it uses software decoding and RAM caching. Feel free to disable both to get the authentic MPC-HC experience.
>>
>>57318666
>Also, using mpv to open images is slower than just opening them in Firefox in a new tab
No shit; firefox just blits the images to screen whereas mpv creates a full OpenGL context so it can do things like advanced color management and scaling. Also, doing the aforementioned takes about 300-500ms on my end. If it takes longer than that for you, your OpenGL driver is probably shit.

Either way, if you just want a dumb image-blitter, try sxiv or feh or something, they should be right up your valley. mpv is not really designed to be as fast as possible, it's designed for correctness and quality when rendering*

* for videos, not really for images
>>
>>57321491
>There is no such thing as unused ram in a normal PC. Every bit holds a 0 or a 1, so you might as well store something meaningful
First time you've heard of a filesystem cache I assume
>>
File: ram.png (5KB, 907x21px) Image search: [Google]
ram.png
5KB, 907x21px
>>57318666
>>57321563
>That's strange. On my machine it uses nowhere near as much yours, and nowhere near as much as Firefox. Maybe the memory leak is in your graphics drivers or something?
Can confirm btw
>>
>>57321774
I imagine it would have touchscreen controls?
>>
>>57321770
>stealing open-source code
that's not how open source works, madshi
>>
You've got to be fucking kidding me. First they change the osc scale to default to 1.5 which was oversized as hell. Ok, I can deal with that, I change it back to 1.0 myself. But now by the looks of it they've made that oversized scale size equal to the setting 1.0 which is now again the default. Fucking awesome, I bet there's no clean way to get back the original 1.0 scale any more which is far more reasonable.
>>
>>57322541
Can you go lower than 1.0?
If so try 0.67.
>>
>>57322578
You can, and I know, that'd be pretty close, but it's never going to be exactly the same and is going to forever tweak my autism. Why the fuck didn't they just leave it how it was?
>>
Can someone make a mpv distro?

You know, with packaged shaders, config, etc.,

I have a 6700k/gtx1070, using DXVA2 right?
>>
>>57321829
>mpv had that behind an --enable-gpl3 switch when it was included in the program itself
Why are you even lying about this when the commit history is publicly available? They were forced to add the gpl3 flag after some time because of being caught out by the original author of the code.

>>57322536
You're right, they didn't steal it, they just "took it" and re-licensed without permission and got caught. That's actually worse than just stealing.
>>
>>57322640
>You're right, they didn't steal it, they just "took it" and re-licensed without permission and got caught.
Who's “they”?
>>
>>57322648
mpv developers (wm4 ultimately for adding it or letting it in) that took the code and illegally relicenced it, see: 17507b593506ad820cfabbe2fcec208ffe9d073f
>>
>>57322640
>You're right, they didn't steal it, they just "took it" and re-licensed without permission and got caught.
If we want to be accurate:

1. Some random guy wrote a (new) GLSL implementation of NNEDI3 from scratch, designed for mpv, and contributed it to mpv, claiming it was GPLv2
2. wm4 merged the code
3. Shiandow came in and started autistically whining about how it was a derivative work of his HLSL code and should therefore be GPLv3 and not GPLv2!
4. wm4 added a --enable-gplv3 flag to make him happy, because it was easier than trying to play lawyer

End of the story. Then it got removed a few months later again because all of the mpv developers hated the code.
>>
>>57316499
>closed source player
>everything but the GUI is open sores

nice meme
>>
>>57322669
See >>57322675
>>
>>57322669
There's a big difference between copy/pasting code and removing the license header and rewriting it from scratch in a new language.

The latter is what happened. Nobody maliciously “removed” anything. If anything, the oversight was binjin's for not realizing hiw from-scratch reimplementation was close enough to the HLSL version that it could perhaps be considered a deritative work.

I'm not even sure if it is, in all honesty. The algorithm isn't copyrighted, just the implementation is - and the implementation was a different one. (It just used the same algorithm)

You'd need to ask a lawyer if you really want to get autistic about this, but there's no point because

1. Nobody was ever trying to “steal” anything. Labelling it GPLv2 instead of GPLv3 (if that was indeed even the case) may have been an oversight, but it was not an intentional one. Nobody who uses mpv gives two shits about whether some part is licensed as GPLv2 or GPLv3. That's not how free software works. The only people who care about the difference are freetard autists who think the GPLv3 is protecting their freedom (it isn't)

2. It's long-gone anyway, and wm4 responded to the mistake (if it even was one) immediately with changes to rectify the situation and make all parties happy

Why do you think Shiandow stopped pressing the issue as soon as --enable-gplv3 was added? Because unlike you, he actually understands that free software is free software.

If he designs a piece of code and releases it under the GPLv3, he is *expecting* it to be used by others. If not, he would have made it proprietary. The only people getting “upset” about this are trolls on /g/ who want to defame mpv to satisfy their inferiority complexes.
>>
>>57322669
If you want to point to a specific commit, you should probably point to the one that added it: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/27dc834

This seems to reflect what these posts are saying: >>57322675 >>57322726

I'm not a lawyer (you probably aren't either,) so I can't say whether this was a GPL violation or not. Only major autists care about the distinction between GPLv2 and GPLv3 anyway. Something about Tivoization or something. Ask Stallman.
>>
>the code the implements the same thing is similar to mine
>it must be my code

I hate freetards.
>>
>>57322726
Care to PM me your acct details so I can get these rupees to you ASAP?
>>
>>57323126
Sure just send them to 1B4GpKVbXrKTuLUT J4BjHwzz3dRZLUumC3
>>
>>57321756
Tried it failed to install on my Intel Atom android tablet, version 4.4.2

"There was a problem parsing the package"
>>
>>57321549
So the brand new madshi's algo is just an adaptation of this?
>>
What did he mean by this?

forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=9e00939dbd1e7040c1cb996bd282a2a8&t=146228&page=1997#39923
>>
mpv: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libass.so.5: undefined symbol: FT_Outline_EmboldenXY

how can I fix this?
>>
>>57311522
if interpolation does nothing, it just means you're doing it right
>>
>>57311522
set tscale=bicubi and you'll notice it
>>
File: rms.jpg (34KB, 403x447px) Image search: [Google]
rms.jpg
34KB, 403x447px
>>57322536
open source != free software
>>
>>57326075

This is why we have the FOSS acronym, you douche. So we don't have to hear this dumb bullshit;

> hur durr, free as in free beer, not free as in freedom!
>>
>>57326075
>stealing free software
that's not how free software works, madshi

(happy now?)
>>
>>57325668
let me guess, archlinux?
>>
>>57326152
nope. debian testing
>>
>>57326133
FLOSS is the preferred compromise acronym
but it's still retarded because they are different things
open source is a term coined in malice by a group of people who chose to deny the morality inherent in the use of software
it is a business model and speaks nothing of user rights
>>
>>57322488
Not all that important with modern SSDs, but at least more useful than all 0s.
>>
Do I need a lua script if I want to click-to-pan when using mpv as an image viewer? If so, does anybody have such a script?
>>
>>57327636
RAM is orders of magnitude faster than SSDs
>>
>>57327882
Yes and no

But you're welcome to make one, I want to use it too. There are similar user scripts around so you could use one of those as a basis
>>
>>57328046
Ok, I guess I'll have a look at the existing scripts to draw some inspiration from.
>>
Anybody tried rossy's repl script ?
https://github.com/rossy/mpv-repl

What sort of cool things can be done with it?
>>
>>57327882
you can always use the keyboard
I have this in my input.conf
w add video-zoom -0.01
e add video-zoom 0.01

shift+RIGHT add video-pan-x -0.005
shift+LEFT add video-pan-x 0.005
shift+UP add video-pan-y 0.005
shift+DOWN add video-pan-y -0.005

ctrl+r cycle_values video-rotate "90" "180" "270" "0"
>>
>>57328249
Click-to-pan is practical though, wouldn't you agree?
>>
I just checked and my Nvidia has CUDA, does it make that of a difference?
Is it just like a small speed increase for shitty old Nvidias like mine (310M)?
>>
>>57328311
A dedicated image viewer would be more practical desu
>>
>>57328370
I'm not sure, I don't need much from an image viewer and I'd rather take advantage of mpv's scaling, color management, etc.
>>
>>57328370
and lower quality
>>
>>57328472
I think it would be negligble. I would love to see a comparison though.
>>
Anyone willing to upload CuDNN 5? All mega.nz links are dead, and fuck waiting for Nvidia to approve my account.
>>
>>57328406
>>57328515
You'll feel better when you stop worrying about differences that are barely noticeable with screenshot comparisons are start using a suboptimal image viewer to look at your rage comics.
>>
>>57328667
This is a friendly thread, please don't discourage users who want to learn.
>>
What is the better framerate for 23,976fps videos with autospeedwin? 50hz or 59hz?
>>
>>57328900
Why not 48 or 72?
>>
>>57328957
My gpu or monitor doesn't support them!
>>
>>57328957
Something tells me that if he could use whatever framerate he wanted he would just set 29.976
>>
>>57328515
You're welcome to think what you want; but the point is that we need a way to mouse-drag in mpv
>>
>>57328900
>50hz or 59hz?
for 50Hz, the typical method is to speed up to 25fps, then double to 50Hz
for 60/1.001Hz, the typical method is telecine (display 1 in 5 frames twice)

the former results in a smooth video, but audio is slightly faster, and may be noticable for things you recognize strongly (songs, voices)
the latter has unmodified audio, but the video isn't as smooth

pick your poison

ideally you should use a multiple of the framerate, my 17 year old sdtv can do 48/1.001Hz, and my cheapass AOC computer monitor can do 72/1.001Hz
just because it's not an option out of the box, doesn't mean it can't do it
>>
>>57329557
>for 60/1.001Hz, the typical method is telecine (display 1 in 5 frames twice)
That's for 50->60, for 24->60 it's 3:2 pulldown
>>
>>57329688
telecine refers to film > tv transfer
pal speedup and ntsc 2:3/3:2 pulldown are the two main methods
but yea, i was referring to 2:3 pulldown

no idea what is performed for 50>60, being in a PAL country i have never run into such content or have needed to do that myself
>>
>>57322586
Because the devs are unwilling to actually change the little GUI in the player there is, but want to pretend they are doing something to it.

They fucking suck at making GUI's just look at the fucking bottombar OSC compare to any other video player. shit looks retarded.
>>
>>57329753
>no idea what is performed for 50>60
dude you just posted it
>(display 1 in 5 frames twice)

are you drunk?
>>
>>57329557
But I have an intel iGPU! Custom resolutions are not possible!
>>
>>57311495
I suspect shiandow to copy/paste mpv for his new deband, fluidmotion and ordered dithering. Is it possible to check those without decompiling everything? And if so, are you happy, angry about it or just used to?
>>
New shiandow deband is still very bad!
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/189490
>>
>>57330077
>or just used to?
this

GPL'd gets stolen and put into proprietary software on a daily basis and there's basically nothing we can do about it
>>
>>57330397
freecucks BTFO, where's your Stallman now?
>>
>still no decent GUI

Still as irrelevant as when the project took off, I see.
>>
>>57330077
>>57330094
once again foozoor, this is an mpv thread not an MPDN thread

please stop fucking false flagging, you are not entertaining anyone
>>
>>57330397
But GPL protects muh freedumb!
>>
It works properly, but only on Windows 10 for some reason.
>>
Can somebody paste this shit into a simple lua scirpt and tell me if it works?
function handler(table)
for k, v in pairs(table) do
print(k, v)
end
end
mp.add_key_binding("MOUSE_BTN0", "whatever", handler, {complex=true})

Basically if I use MOUSE_BTN0 as the binding the "up" event happens right after the "down" event (even if the button is still held down), but if I use any other mouse button it works as expected. Can somebody confirm? Use mpv -v to see the values.
>>
>>57330690
works fine for me

I get the down event when I press the button, and the up event when I let go
>>
>>57330937
Even if you move the mouse? i.e.
press the button
move the mouse
let go of the button
For me the up event gets fired when I move the mouse, but only with BTN0...
>>
>>57330973
Forgot to add that I'm on linux, maybe that has an influence? I'll have to try with a different system / wm.
>>
>>57325668
your libass package sucks
use mpv-build
>>
>>57330973
oh, then I also immediately get the up event
>>
>>57329800
But they are.
$ xrandr

VGA1 connected 1600x900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 443mm x 250mm

1600x900_72.00  71.87*+
>>
just updated for the first time in months

what is the setting for this white screen on startup shit
>>
File: 2016-10-30 06.37.42.png (25KB, 1279x612px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-30 06.37.42.png
25KB, 1279x612px
i clicked every single file inside video_ts, and none of them opened the full movie.

then i did this.

how tf do i open a dvd?
>>
>>57332519
https://mpv.io/manual/master/

ctrl+f
dvd
>>
>>57330077
>suspect
Deband is open source
https://github.com/Shiandow/MPDN_Extensions/commit/d82a760ac9009a7b8854f9a46943b9c305f10a4a
>>
>>57328519
You probably will get better luck on /dpt/
>>
>>57334146
Sorry I thought it was newer than that.
>>
>>57334461
wats the best mpv config
>>
>KrigBilateral.hlsl
https://github.com/Shiandow/MPDN_Extensions/blob/master/Extensions/RenderScripts/Bilateral/KrigBilateral.hlsl

What the fuck is that? Is it supposed to be better than the Cross one?
>>
>>57334471
want the highest one avalible
>>
File: o_f2bbe2d7ec8f4051-10.png (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
o_f2bbe2d7ec8f4051-10.png
12KB, 256x256px
Why the logo of .NET applications has a huge white border?
Why the logo of mpv hasn't a huge white border?
>>
How can I choose to save screenshot as either jpg or png?
>>
>>57334620
screenshot-format=png/jpg
>>
>>57334634
Sorry, I meant have the option to save to either, or both with an interactive script/prompt, or individual key bindings for either format.
>>
>>57334583
anyone
>>
>>57334743
This one is quite good and doesn't need an expensive GPU:
https://github.com/Vyral-Protoss/Complete-MPV-Conf/blob/master/mpv.conf
>>
>>57334743
>opengl-hq + SuperRes + interpolation
The best
>>
>>57334773
how
>>
>>57331243
Ok thanks, guess I'll report it.
>>
>>57334776
profile=opengl-hq
opengl-shaders="~~/SSimSuperRes.glsl"
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation
>>
>>57334791
do glsl files go in scips folder
>>
>>57334800
i mean scripts folder
>>
>>57315339
You're going to get shit performance trying to play video with a software decoder on that thing. Compile MPV with hardware acceleration support for OpenMax/MMAL/how ever the fuck you access Pi's VideocoreIV™ shit. I just said fuck that, enabled the experimental OpenGL driver by adding avoid_warnings=2 and dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d to my boot/config.txt, installed the mesaGL/EGL/GLES2 packages, then used GLX(XCB) as the output driver.

That should pump video through an overlay directly from the GPU to HDMI, X can't/shouldn't access the GL functions of the GPU while mpv is accessing them when using the fkms driver. So while using it video overlays would only come out of the Pi's HDMI port, not a remote connection/VNC shit.
>>
>>57334809
No, same folder where mpv.conf is.
>>
>>57334800
You should create a shaders folder and use this:
opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl"

Don't forget it will be used only when upscaling so if you have a fullhd/1080p monitor, effects will be noticeable only with 720p or 480p video files.
>>
>>57334825
so i use 57334791 config or 57334825
>>
>>57334843
They are the same, only the path is different.
It's less messy to store your shaders in a dedicated folder but you don't have to.
>>
What the fuck is a "shader"? Why would you want to alter the way the video is supposed to look?
>>
>>57334897
You're right, you should use nearest-neighbor scaling to get the true output, the way it was meant to be.
>>
>>57334897
Oh it's not that simple!
You should read more about chroma/luma upscaling, dithering, debanding and so on.
>>
>>57334897
So, when you watching 480p video on a 1080p display, you never switch to fullscreen, right? Because that way you altering the way the video is supposed to look.
>>
>>57334897
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shader
>>
>>57334897
A shader is a program that runs on the GPU and produces a buffer (often an image.) There are generally two reasons you want to run a program to alter the video image before displaying it on the screen. Either you need to adapt some aspect of the video like the frame size, frame rate or colourspace to match the screen, or you want to correct some encoding errors like banding artifacts.
>>
>>57323192
https://blockexplorer.com/address/1B4GpKVbXrKTuLUT J4BjHwzz3dRZLUumC3

No rupees yet it looks like.
>>
>>57325668
It appears your ass library does not contain enough outline/is not bold enough. I'd recommend some exercise to give it more defined curves.
>>
>>57335221
>No rupees yet it looks like.
File a bug report: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues
>>
>>57334670
Use `screenshot-to-file`
>>
>>57334818
I always find it amazing just how much time is wasted on trying to get raspis to work properly

You save maybe $50 over a small i3/i5 barebones machine in exchange for needing to spend hours if not days setting up and maintaining that garbage and make it run fast
>>
>>57334897
>What the fuck is a "shader"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shader
>>
running into issues with mpv not playing my chinese cartoons correctly. maybe mpv isn't for me.
>>
>>57331129
okay, I used mpv-build and now I'm getting
mpv: symbol lookup error: mpv: undefined symbol: FT_Outline_EmboldenXY
>>
>>57336256
that is weird
did you use the git master or release?
>>
>>57336600
git master
>>
Anyone wanna try new KrigBilateral?
http://pastebin.com/5XSH82iC
>>
hwdec=cuda seems to run faster than either auto/auto-copy or no.

Is this some nvidiatrickery?
>>
>>57337268
it looks like shit
>>
>>57338010
Your reflection looks like shit
>>
>>57338044
yeah but I can't do anything about that

but I can disable your shitty shader and use ewa_lanczos instead
>>
>>57337268
>COMPONENTS 4
should be 1
>>
>>57337268
this shader looks like it breaks chroma offsets
>>
>>57338195
minimum 2

>>57338227
can't be
>>
>>57338261
>minimum 2
Oh yes, it should be 2 not 1

>can't be
The shader looks like it compares LUMA against CHROMA, which is undefined behavior
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.