[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ Stupid Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 57

File: images.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
No stupid questions thread, so I'll make one.

I just got a new router. Netgear R7000. It's working well, except for when I try to log into my bank account. When I do, the Internet connection stops working completely, no devices can access the Web. What the fuck is going on?
>>
File: Cat6-Connector-With-Guide-4.jpg (26KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
Cat6-Connector-With-Guide-4.jpg
26KB, 400x266px
Tech dummie here, I need to transfer data between my laptop and my desktop, one running windows 7 and the other windows 10, I have an rj45 cable and both computers are connected, but none of them show in the network tab in file explorer. What to do?
>>
If i send an mp4 to an offline contact in skype (version 7.22) do they receive it automatically soon as they go online again
>>
File: fan.gif (28KB, 1371x493px) Image search: [Google]
fan.gif
28KB, 1371x493px
Anyone know how to fix this problem?
I've the MSI RX 480 Gaming X with Zero Frozr enabled.

The card shouldn't start the fan in idle mode at all.
But I'm getting random fan pushes as you can see on the picture from time to time without doing anything.

I'm using the latest AMD driver (16.10.2) and the Gaming APP from MSI to enable Zero Frozr.
>>
File: IMG_0800.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0800.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Is this too much liquid metal?
>>
>>57284207
If it's pure, well (heat)conducting metal, more is better.
If it's some shit, barely (heat)conducting paste, the less the better.
>>
>>57283670
When installing an OS (whonix for example) in a VM (Virtualbox) for maximum possible security. How should I set up the internet connection? Should I make it use the VM adapter?
It currently connects through NAT (adapter 1) and 'whonix' internal network (adapter 2)
Is this correct?
>>
>>57283719
Are they connected directly? It needs to be a crossover cable.
>>
Is kickass coming back?
>>
>>57284317
>Are they connected directly?
If you mean one connected to the other , yes

> It needs to be a crossover cable.
How do I know if it's crossover?
>>
File: wifi.jpg (69KB, 977x590px) Image search: [Google]
wifi.jpg
69KB, 977x590px
sometimes when i put my pc on idle and do nothing for like more than 30 min, pic related happens and i don't have connection, than some hours later it comes back. i tried everything reseting router, restarting pc, tried every setting in router menu still can't help it, luckily i have connection now as i type it but it will be gone sometime later im so tired of this and nobody knows how to fix it i searched everywhere on web posted on /g/ onetime and nobody could help me to fix it but i'll still try my luck maybe this time
>>
Is there any particular reason adblock plus just reinstalled itself and fucked over ALL of my custom filters? What the FUCK is this even
>>
is ghostery redundant if I already have ublock?
>>
File: DDoS11.jpg (596KB, 4420x3355px) Image search: [Google]
DDoS11.jpg
596KB, 4420x3355px
I had a friend DDoS test a web server I had running on a raspberry pi, for shits and giggles.

He did 150k requests, and my server responded to ~10k-15k. However, I was still able to access the website I had running on it fine, from within my local network, whereas he couldn't.

My question is, would anyone know if there's some sort of ISP limiting of incoming requests, because I'm confused why I was still able to easily connect to it, while people from outside the network couldn't.

I had no cache stored in my browser, or anything like that, I don't think.
>>
>>57284755
I was thinking, seeing as my server was still doing ok, that maybe the issue was outside my network, maybe there was a limit somewhere.

I have no knowledge of any of this, but I'm speculating that maybe the router has some kind of "DNS" cache that pointed the domain back to the server, whereas if the issue was from outside, other people wouldn't be able to get in.

Unless that's a retarded thing to think
>>
>>57283670
What makes advertisements malicious and what is the extent of the potential damage they can cause?

some examples would be appreciated.
>>
>>57284420
If the color order is the same on both sides, it's not crossover.
However, it may be the case that your interfaces don't need a crossover cable. Did you assign IP addresses on both ends?
>>
>be me windows is not actavatied
>find a free key online and try replacing my key
>some of the keys dont work
> finally find a key 3 keys down
> activate my windows os through the free key

now can someone access my computer and release a virus or play with me like a toy, or am i ok with my free key,
>>
i will be installing a new CPU/mobo/RAM tomorrow, anything i should know?

im guessing il have to reinstall windows?
>>
>>57285317
Because of the new mobo, yes, you should reinstall your OS.
>>
How do I root my phone without downloading any software? The phone is a WT19a (android version is 2.3.4).

Is ther a way to move certain apps (like google play, etc) to SD card without having root permission? My phone is full, but it doesn't allow me to move apps to the SD card.
>>
HOW DO I ENLARGE PENIS
>>
>>57286015
send a thousand dollars to [email protected]
>>
File: 51trsBFiiGL.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51trsBFiiGL.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
What does /g/ use to stream video from their gaymen PCs to their TV?
>>
>>57286189
For video, Kodi.

For games, Steam.
>>
>>57286283
>steam
how?
>>
I want to make disposable VMS based off of one image file.
Basically I have a 4 seat multiseat set up in my office. At the moment it's all linux and just for web browsing. Its its profit share model so people just come in and work whenever. faggots are complaining they need some win shit programs for insurance or whatever.
I want to make it so I have one skeleton qemu image with default stuff like chrome and winshit insurance shit. Then when they log in to a copy of that qemu image and they can fuck around and install aids, then when they log out it deletes it.
Basically I just want a name for the process so I can look up documentation or can someone direct me to some documentation or give me a better solution?
>>
How do I move that unallocated space onto the main partition (C:)? It seems like that 1GB EFI system partition is preventing it from being extended.
>>
I use veracrypt and have a decoy OS and my hidden OS. I don't need the decoy OS anymore and just want my hidden OS to be my main OS and unencrypt it how should I do this?
>>
>>57284501
call your isp.
ROuter is fucked and is looking for an IP but fucks it up
>>
Is it possible to use the same dlan connection from two different adapters in two different rooms of the same house (given that the power line in question runs along both adapter outlets)
>>
>>57287447
>>57287447
Also is it true that data can """leak""" into the hypothetical neighbour's house DLAN network in some cases even when it's encrypted and that WLAN is overall much more secure?
>>
If you could pick one career path which one of these would it be and why or why not?:
1. Web/Mobile/Desktop/whatever Developer
2. Sysadmin
>>
Why the fuck am i getting 100% packet loss
>>
>>57287633
- not connected to a network
- whatever you're trying to connect to isn't connected to the same network/on/responding to your requests
>>
>>57283670
Why is Hiro such a cuck?
>>
File: icloud-lock-100055960-large.png (29KB, 580x388px) Image search: [Google]
icloud-lock-100055960-large.png
29KB, 580x388px
Hey /g/

First off, no I did not steal an iPhone.
I'm looking on eBay and seeing all these icloud locked iPhones and wondering if some profit could be made off of them?

How would I go about unlocking icloud from these devices? Can I wipe it and put a fresh API on it just like a jailbreak? Can I restore it? Is there a hardware trick to shorting the circuit for a manual reset? I've seen the newer iPads actually need a hardware tool and require a completely wipe of the removed hard drive to clear the lock and then reinstall ation of the drive into the iPad.

A Google search only revealed EMEI tools that seem like scams. If someone can recommend a free or cheap one that actually works or a way to wipe the phone I'd be greatful.
>>
My computer randomly get a blue screen saying Windows detected a problem we are searching for a solution and will restart when ones found 0%

It never gets past 0% so I restart the pc and that normally works. Now chrome is not opening but it's showing it running in task manager

I hate this fucking thing, any clues on what's wrong?
>>
File: whatdo.png (63KB, 1012x503px) Image search: [Google]
whatdo.png
63KB, 1012x503px
what settings should I have?
>>
File: 7b5f65762995cf7c55a47f768a1442a5.jpg (165KB, 564x1335px) Image search: [Google]
7b5f65762995cf7c55a47f768a1442a5.jpg
165KB, 564x1335px
If I buy a used Android phone, will a factory reset clear any possible malware/backdoors or is there some way they could have corrupted that as well?
>>
Do orientations of hard drives matter/affect performance?

I ask because I'm building a new pc, I'm going to have a normal 3.5" HDD in the drive bay of my case, and a SSD which is mounted vertically in the back of my case behind the motherboard. But I have an older 750gb 2.5" HDD from an old laptop I'd like to throw in there for some extra storage. If it doesn't matter, I'd like to mount it vertically next to the SSD to keep it out of the way. Would this work? If not I guess I can just have it free float in one of the 3.5" bays but that doesn't look great
>>
is it possible to change windows 10 skin entirely for example if i wanted ubuntus skin i can download and screw with settings and then boom i have it.

>>57287743
https://iphoneimei.net/unlock-iphone/remove-icloud-account-from-iphone
>>
why does linux not work? I had to visit stack overflow a couple of times and it still isn't working properly.
>>
I got a new webcam and apparently it had a built in mic. Problem is that my seperate microphone doesn't work because of it. The volume in the options resets to zero whenever I try to change it but the webcam mic is changeable. How do I make my seperate mic take priority? I tried disabling the webcam mic and setting my seperate mic as the default device to no avail.
>>
>>57287719
He's a Jew, not a cuck.

CAPTCHA: Rosenstieg MARK
>>
File: leah0.jpg (86KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
leah0.jpg
86KB, 500x400px
What was the woman (male) fired from FSF responsible for?

It's not Leah Rowe, pic related (male), libreboot dev, the one throwing a tantrum.
>>
File: Untitled.png (19KB, 409x485px)
Untitled.png
19KB, 409x485px
I'm ready to rip my fucking hair out. WHY WON'T IT JUST LET ME TURN UP THE VOLUME
>>
>>57288356
It's not connected.
Check other tabs, some setting might disable it.
>>
>>57288394
It stopped working around the time I plugged in my new webcam. I don't know where to begin to search.
>>
>>57288455
Oh, that probably explains it. You now have 2 microphones, I believe, one being built-in in the camera.
Check out Windows sound settings and see if you can select which microphone to use. Or this Antilion thing's settings.
You might want to check if it works if you disconnect the webcam.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (145KB, 803x796px)
Untitled2.png
145KB, 803x796px
>>57288502
I tried all of those. I finally just uninstalled the built in mics drivers so it's gone from the list. Webcam still works but my Antlion still doesn't let me adjust the volume.
>>
I did something wrong, one time when I took a screenshot/capture I clicked on the "save" button and I also clicked on the "save to gallery" as default option, but now I don't want that as the default! How can I change this? I'm on Android, and the phone is LG K10
>>
What's the cheapest laptop I can get with a 1080p IPS screen and decent keyboard? I don't care about battery life or weight much.
>>
File: Screenshot_34.png (156KB, 229x322px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_34.png
156KB, 229x322px
in my office i have around 50 gb of data (documents n legal stuff)
i just brought a 3tb drive for my pc (at home) , how can i do a backup , i do not have an static ip
thanks in advance
have pic for no particular reason
>>
File: smore qt.jpg (52KB, 540x536px) Image search: [Google]
smore qt.jpg
52KB, 540x536px
Are there any detriments to running a 64 bit Linux distro on a laptop with only 2gb of ram?
>>
>>57288912
i use 64bit linux on a laptop with 1G ram, and on a vps with 512M ram
>>
>>57288912
What CPU?
>>
>>57288928
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
>>
>>57284420
>not knowing about crossover lan cable...

you 10 yrs old, little nigga. sheeeit, google it.
>>
>>57286034
done
>>
>>57288981
No one cares about crossover cables since 15 years, modern networking cards now detect if cable is cross or not, you old nigga.
>>
File: 1429974905308.gif (805KB, 264x264px)
1429974905308.gif
805KB, 264x264px
Any secret to automounting using thunar?

I have gvfs, mate-polkit, thunar-volman installed, with mate running in daemon mode, still no dice on Debian testing and parabola (arch) both.
>>
>>57289041
Sorry, meant to say thunar running in daemon mode.
>>
>>57288912
No.

>>57288959
Chances are your CPU doesn't support it.
>>
What are some neat fonts and where should I download them?
Ubuntu 16.04
>>
>>57289117
Calibri
>>
>>57287905
Thanks man, I might try some of the free stuff sparingly but it's good to see something more legit.
>>
File: 1451804705257.gif (13KB, 505x536px) Image search: [Google]
1451804705257.gif
13KB, 505x536px
What are these things called and how can I go about fixing what caused them to stop being their respective informative icons?
This is everywhere, I'm not sure if it's 'Unicode' exactly because languages are fine.

良い週末愛がある!
>>
File: pepe 8.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
pepe 8.png
51KB, 657x527px
When does windows 11 come out?
>>
>>57289211
witnessed
>>
>>57289211
When microsoft buys Greece and needs employees to provide a urine sample to log in
>>
>>57289160
I fixed it on my own!
I love myself so much!
>>
>>57289160
You enable Javascript. Or "other" shit, and by other shit, I mean custom fonts provided by website, that use ASCII letters for symbols, instead of Unicode symbols.
>>
>>57289556
Yeah, I had messed with about:config too carelessly and had set the download fonts setting to false.
I was originally trying to remove aliasing from all text in my browser, but now I don't think I need to. I only see the rainbow shadow when I do an operating system-side screen zoom and I don't think I'll be able to get that to continuously render within any sort of appropriate time window.
Thank you for replying!
>>
>>57289614
You might want to disable subpixel rendering, it's what causes rendering to use RGB colors of LCD display separately, making fonts have colour bleeds.
>>
I just bought an evga gt 730 with 4gb ddr3 (probably a waste of money but move on) but when I try to play games like Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 cpuid says the gpu is maxed out percentage wise even on the lowest settings, why is this and what can i do to fix it?
> inb4 buy a better card
Please save me from my ignorance /g/
>>
File: fdsa.png (52KB, 687x545px) Image search: [Google]
fdsa.png
52KB, 687x545px
I wanna buy this processor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-shipping-Intel-Xeon-X5492-LGA-771-Socket-J-SLBBD-CPU-Processor-3-4-GHz-/282121438898?hash=item41afbf86b2:g:RwQAAOSwYGFUrfl7
with this adapter for my motherboard (pic related):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-CPU-Socket-LGA-771-775-Adapter-Mod-Sticker-Upgrade-Core2-to-Xeon-Quad-/281549863113?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418dadf8c9

I won't buy a new fan tho, I'll still use the one my current Pentium 4 uses, which is one of those generic Intel fans that come with the processor.

Would that fan be enough? Any other recommendations?
>>
>>57285288
You're good
>>
>>57286318
Big picture mode
>>
I went to my local barnes and noodle and left the store on accident with a few way overpriced Orielly books without paying? Worth $90. Will anyone notice and can I go back for more in a few days?
>>
>>57286318
In home streaming, either with a second PC connected to the TV, or with a Steam Link.
>>
>>57289834
Subpixel theoretically gives less colour bleed than greyscale unless you're using a display that doesn't have striped subpixels.
>>
>>57288604
It tells you to go to settings to change defaults pajeet
>>
>>57290335
>accidentally
>can I do it again without being caught
Go home pajeet, we don't like your kind here
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (1MB, 1597x937px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
1MB, 1597x937px
How are these temps for 5 minutes of aida64?
Also, is the IHS supposed to be colder than the cores?
Thanks in advance
>>
>>57283670
Anybody have one of these? Any complaints? Range, speed, consistency?
>>
I have to take apart my laptop to change the lcd cable so I can install a higher resolution screen

if I fuck it up, which image should I use on my /g/ thread

1. wojack shooting himself
2. sad anime girl
3. a female nigger
>>
>>57290633
anime nigger shooting himself
>>
Really have no idea what's going on with my computer but started having issues about a week ago.

It started with losing my screen display, it sounded like it was still on so I thought my GPU was fucked and moved the display cable from my discrete GPU onto my on-board graphics chip. This worked for a couple days until it fucked up again. Out of curiosity I tried it back onto my discrete GPU, while I got no display when plugging into the DVI slot(which is what I was using to start with) it did work when plugging into the VGA slot. As VGA gives lower resolution I instead just used a HDMI cable.

Everything was working fine for a few days and I was starting to think that it was just a case of a cable being fucked up and killing ports. Until now when my computer started shutting itself off every few seconds after being fully booted. The temperature is fine and its not overheating. Really not sure what's causing it.
>>
How viable is this:

[ Muh games ]
^
[ Linux Shit ] [ Windows 10 ]
^ ^
[ Ubuntu 16.10 ] -> [ VMware Workstation / Player ]
^ ^
[ Skylake GPU ] [ GPU Passthrough ]
^ ^
[ Hardware ] - > [ Nvidia 980ti ]
>>
>>57290678

blown capacitor somewhere is my guess
>>
>>57290699
Welp the reply messed with my formatting this is what I am going for.
>>
>>57284163
latest driver is actually 16.10.3 beta
use msi afterburner or sapphire trixx to set up a custom curve
>>
>>57290716

▲ ▲
watch and learn
>>
Media Player Classic:

What's the hotkey for mute volume?

How do I prevent the player from auto resizing itself every time it plays a different file (e.g. I want it to stay a certain size forever regardless of the video file's native resolution)?
>>
>>57290578
For APs they work fine, but make sure that all the features you want are bug free by searching the forums.
Ubiquiti is slow to fix issues, if ever.
>>
File: SS_2016-10-29_29.png (23KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
SS_2016-10-29_29.png
23KB, 650x500px
>>57290811
>>
i have heard on /g/ that es file explorer is a botnet. is this true? can someone post source on this claim?
>>
>>57290994
I have this checked but it doesn't work for me. It always reverts back to the original screen size when I switch video files.
>>
I want to work in IT but I'm wondering where to start. I've built computers, used windows and linux, know a fair bit about networkinjg and have worked in this shitty call center job doing ISP tech support for internet for a year.

What projects should I do to teach myself to be a good IT guy? What should every IT guy know?
>>
File: IMG_2221.jpg (204KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2221.jpg
204KB, 1500x1500px
Hello /G/oys. I had a tv that had a headphonejack and I could connect my headphone to hear the audio of my console but I bought a new TV and it doesn't have a headphone jack.

What can I do to hear my xbox 360 gameplay audio?
>>
Is systems admin a good entry level cs job?
>>
Will an optical audio splitter degrade the signal or increase latency? Something like https://www.amazon.com/Optical-Audio-Switcher-Selector-Compatible/dp/B00RF8F212/ maybe. Getting annoyed having to keep unplugging every time I switch to a different device.
>>
Does anyone know a good time tracking software for a small group of people that work in a team ? We are using Ezpunch standard at the moment on Windows 7 that will stop working later this year.
The software that we are using now is nice and simple but I'm finding it really hard to find anything else that's anything like it sadly.
>>
I want to make a pc that can download, virus scan, and play bluray tier video (legally). I want a low power system, as electricity is expensive where I am.

Should I get a refurbished laptop, desktop, nuc, or a new pc? I will get an external HDD of that helps.
>>
>>57291209
what does it have? a meme optical? there are ways to adapter that into a headphone jack
>>
>>57291597
Building it yourself will probably be the cheapest option, especially since your needs are so specific.
>>
File: uBroken.png (6KB, 453x268px) Image search: [Google]
uBroken.png
6KB, 453x268px
My uMatrix has started looking like this in Chromium. It did it about a week ago too, and I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Is there anything I can do to make it stop breaking itself?
>>
>>57287292
friend gave me this router, when he bought a new one, so it is fucked beyond repair?
>>
>>57291625
What about power consumption? How low can I go?
>>
>>57291209
Back before I got a DAC that could do optical in to get around this problem, I used a series of adapters to get around this, ending with a cheap portable amplifier. Worked alright, arguably better than out of the TV's own headphone jack, though doing it through optical to an actually decent DAC/AMP obviously sounds better.

Specific stuff I bought: (though it was years ago so you don't necessarily have to get the same brands and everything if something better/cheaper is around, at a glance it looks like the FiiO E5 was superseded and hard to find now so just get the newer version)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010CTUW6/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DL7JAI/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P9EQH8/

Also this only really will work if your device supports RCA output, and ideally allows you to split the video and audio outputs to different cables, so make sure you can do this before going this route. It is a bit kludgy of a solution but it worked fine for me for years before I found something better.
>>
>>57291676
That sounds good and thanks for the help but I'm going to get audio through and rca port? Does that mean I'm getting analogue sound and not digital? I assume analogue won't sound as good?
>>
>>57291623
Idk what you mean by meme optical. You mean rca? My tv is a fairly recent tv I think it came out in 2015.
>>
>>57291865
I don't think his reply is the solution you're looking for

The xbox 360 has 3 options for audio output
1: HDMI
2: S/PDIF Optical
3: A/V Breakout cable

You can hook your headphones directly to the AV breakout cable with an RCA > headphone adapter. This is the simplest/cheapest option

The other way is to get an HDMI audio splitter or a DAC that supports optical s/pdif like one of these

https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Converter-Simultaneous-Headphone-VHD-D2AC/dp/B007KXI2R8

https://www.amazon.com/Extractor-Support-TOSLINK-Converter-VHD-H2HARC/dp/B00LKF6CPG
>>
>>57291941
Is see. Would it be cheaper to get it off off the internet or should I visit my local bestbuy or Walmart?

Also will there be a difference in audio between the 2 options? The HDMI splitter sounds better
>>
Am I able to use a server that's serving clients for the Internet at the same time?

I'd assume it'd be like torrenting and using the Internet at the same time, correct?
>>
>>57291999
Internet will be cheaper than in store 99% of the time

Using the analog out from the xbox will use the xbox's DAC, I can't speak to the quality

The quality of audio from HDMI will be identical to the optical output, it just depends on the DAC you use.
>>
>>57292039
Yes. You just want to avoid hogging so much resources that it has trouble serving fast enough.
>>
>>57291865
Yeah, as I said it's not as good as going digital, but it is acceptable for most game systems.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-29+at+02.13.00).png (20KB, 461x376px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-29+at+02.13.00).png
20KB, 461x376px
Computer dumbass here, my comp has been crashing a lot over the past couple of hours, at least one crash every 40 minutes for the past 4 hours. I have a damaged back fan that only half-works so there's been some
overheating issues lately but the system usually notifies me if it overheated on startup. For these crashes
they didn't notify me, the system simply blackscreened, no noise no nothing, monitor still on. What in the blue fuck is going on, do I simply need to replace the fan? I'm also noticing large amounts of RAM being used during idling, about 50% on average (granted I only have 8 gigs of RAM but I still shouldn't be using that much). I feel like it could be related to something else breaking.
>>
File: 1472784327757.png (127KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
1472784327757.png
127KB, 353x334px
Is there a theoretical limit to how complex audio codecs can get? I mean, eventually it just won't be possible to squeeze any more quality out of the limited amount of bits available, regardless of any programming wizardry or psychoacoustic optimization.
>>
>>57292164
If you're talking about the limits of data compression, sure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolmogorov_complexity

If you're talking about the limits of just storing it, then no
>>
>>57289614
you should block third party fonts because they can be used by e.g. Google to track you and except for the case in point, serve no practical purpose
>>
>>57292153
It could literally be almost any component causing the issue
You may need to just go through and test everything
>>
>>57290335
Just never go back there again

don't even try to take them back and explain, they will not care if it was an accident and just call the cops anyway
>>
Hello my dudes, this might be the wrong places to ask but is there a way to download large Mega.nz files? I get "File too big to be reliably handled in memory" when I try for something over 1gb. It might just be a limit that stops you from downloading too much without installing the client, in which case is that safe?
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-29+at+02.18.33).png (14KB, 547x305px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-29+at+02.18.33).png
14KB, 547x305px
>>57292214
I already updated my drivers, I checked my event viewer and only found this (pic related), which I haven't
really made sense of yet, it was occurring before every crash in the event viewer. I don't have very much
experience with this sort of issue so any advice on dealing with it would be appreciated, even if it only
gives me a direction to go in.
>>
anyone using midori and getting naked gay men ads ? I have the adblock enabled but it doesn't blook
>>
>>57292254
Memtest
Stress test CPU
Stress test GPU
Swap out PSU
Reinstall windows
>>
How would I go about flashing chainfire autoroot on my galaxy s4 without using pc/odin?
>>
File: whaa.jpg (95KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
whaa.jpg
95KB, 450x360px
there is a stupid question thread, older than this one

>>57278363
>>57278363
>>
File: _20161029_204013.jpg (50KB, 1080x234px) Image search: [Google]
_20161029_204013.jpg
50KB, 1080x234px
What exactly does this mean? Is it referring to the playback of the encoded files, or the encoder itself (if run on an ARM chip)?
>>
>>57292287
Aight. thanks for the tips. I'll check those out.
>>
Looking for an e-mail provider.
What's the next best thing besides a private e-mail server?
I rather some of my mail not go through google.
>>
>>57292072
Okay. So you're saying it doesn't matter? Would a type of gaming mix amp also work? Or should I just get a RCA adapter/HDMI splitter?
>>
How do i remove adware?
>>
>>57292083
Thanks man.

>>57292407
OpenMailBox, ProtonMail, and Tutanota.

They all require JavaScript.
>>
>>57292416
dban

>>57292408
Its up to you how you want to do it
I don't know what you mean by a 'gaming mix amp'
Splitting the audio signal from HDMI would probably be the most complicated way
>>
>>57292438
Thanks.
>>
144hz is it really worth it, I can afford it but I'm concerned that I won't really see much of a difference. I live in a pretty small town so trying one isn't an option since none of my friends have them.
>>
>>57292602
If you consider 30fps unplayable you will definitely notice
>>
File: PC SPECS.png (17KB, 463x354px) Image search: [Google]
PC SPECS.png
17KB, 463x354px
Hope I can get some help here, I'm having pretty sub-par game performance and I'm not sure why.

I know my CPU is old and I'm only 6 gigs of RAM, but I had better game performance with an older GPU (7870) and MOBO (recently swapped both).

Is my MOBO / CPU maybe too shit to work properly with my 470? The MOBO especially was on the cheaper end as I needed a quick replacement.

I've done a full reinstall of Windows 10 to rule out any software issues.
>>
>>57292657
I wouldn't say I consider it completely unplayable but there is a clear difference for sure my current monitor is 1920x1200 at 75hz
>>
anybody have a NAS benchmarks between a gigabit freenas, windows ? samba, raspberry pi, etc..

which is faster? or it doenst matter?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (164KB, 1226x748px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
164KB, 1226x748px
So I want to cram pic related into pic related, but I'm reluctant to pull the trigger as this is pretty much the only decent card I can find, and I'm scared I'm doing it wrong. Is this literally the top of the low profile (height?) GPU stack?

I just want max performance, not because gaymur (hence /sqt/ instead of a potential flame thread) but because futureproof. I do a lot of CAD and realtime audio, may as well spec out the card and ride this box into the ground.

Anyone got a better recommendation?
>>
>>57292818
There is a low profile model of the 950 but good luck finding one.
>>
Hello gents,

I'm trying to install a pirated version of photohop CC with wine.
However, the installer keeps instructing me to turn of the internet connection.
How can I circumvent this issue? I am of course not connected to the internet, but wine doesn't relay that information to the installer.
Thanks
>>
File: GF-GTX950-E2GB_OC_LP_02.jpg (187KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
GF-GTX950-E2GB_OC_LP_02.jpg
187KB, 1280x960px
>>57292868
Yeah, there's a nippon only edition (tfw goot on box) that I found, shit all else. I'm not even sure if this card will/has shipped or is just a meme.

I'm guessing there's not much market for low profile cards huh.
>>
>>57292676
>Is my MOBO / CPU maybe too shit to work properly with my 470?

Generally, yes, but we're talking about how 'sub-par' the performance is here. What game are you truing to run? If it's a modern title that's not less than a year old, the CPU's bottlenecking too much.

If you're going to ask me, shelf that CPU/Mobo or repurpose it as a seedbox or HTPC or something and get an Athlon X4 860k or an Intel i3 if you're going bare minimum, or splurge for an Intel i5.
>>
>>57293136
the fuck is wrong with japanese people
>>
>>57293138
Sorry I shoulda specified, I'm getting it in several games which aren't even super graphically intensive like Dota 2 and Overwatch.

Dota 2 seems to get shittier performance the longer I play it for in one session.

I read that my MOBO shitty VRM cooling or something like that which could be throttling my other components.

The reason I'm baffled is because I had better performance with an older GPU and MOBO using the same CPU as I am now.
>>
can someone explain to me what is gb with lowercase g, what it is with a capital g and gib
>>
>>57293572
http://wintelguy.com/gb2gib.html

If I overclock an intel processor, can I leave the C-states and speedstep features turned on? I'd rather not have my CPU at over 4GHz when it's hardly doing anything

BCLK overclocking on a pentium g4400 to be specific
>>
>>57292818
The GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti were released a few days ago
>>
>>57283670
Can I have multiple ISOs of Linux OS's on a usb?
>>
>>57293986
yes
>>
>>57293994
and there wouldnt be any complications?
>>
>>57293663
I think he wants a low profile card anon.

>>57293136
Yep, pretty much no market. People who'd want a low profile form factor are just using PCIe extender cables to mount standard sized cards sideways.
>>
what's a good third party program to encrypt files/folders? thought I could use the basic windows one but apparently that's only on pro versions so I can't use it on my home PC : v
>>
>>57287897
some autists say that it matters if the hdd was mainly ever used in one orientation but I had a 500gb wd blue drive that was lying vertically in a build for two years and now is horizontal and doing just fine
>>
>>57293266
>Dota 2 seems to get shittier performance the longer I play it for in one session.

Check your temps. Something's throttling.
>>
Are there any lga 2011 v3 boards out there that support ddr 3? Looking at getting a cheap xeon v3 es to upgrade my amd 555. I already have 16gb of ddr 3 and would rather not have to buy ddr 4.

Will a xeon v3 lga 2011v3 work in a lga 2011 board?
>>
>>57284755
>>57284773
bumping
>>
>>57294176
I don't think so

No
>>
>>57294263
Thanks. Is ddr 4 the only advantage of the v3 line over v2?
>>
Can someone please explain UPS VA ratings/ what wattage I would need? I would be running my comp with a 850W power supply off of it, and I just want it to last a few minutes to shut down in case of outages.
>>
File: code tag.jpg (27KB, 737x105px) Image search: [Google]
code tag.jpg
27KB, 737x105px
which firefox setting affects the font in code tags?
>>
why does youtube videos look so pixelated in dark scenes? pic related is from a 1080p video
>>
File: 1477290077455.png (348KB, 507x380px) Image search: [Google]
1477290077455.png
348KB, 507x380px
Asking this here because it's a stupid question and the /Web dev/ is completely fucking useless.

In an Apache configuration file, what does this rewrite rule mean?

RewriteRule (.)* http://www.mysite.com/$1
>>
>>57294440
YouTube compresses videos like a motherfucker, it doesn't matter how high quality the uploaded video is.

In general you notice pixelation / quality deficiencies more in dark scenes than in lighter scenes when watching videos on your computer.
>>
How do I get some font free for personal use? I'm looking for Magnum Sans.
>>
Is messing around with a GPU's voltage in afterburner noticeably dangerous for the card?
Got a decent increase on my 390, and would hate to damage it by doing something stupid.
>>
My DVD/CD drive isn't reading DVDs or CDs. It starts up, spins for a moment, and then stops. Is it dead?
>>
>>57294336
VA = wattage * efficiency
In theory you should have enough wattage to handle the peak load the system could draw in case that happens to be the time when power is lost, but you can cheap out if you want.

Runtime depends on the battery size which is a separate factor, most any UPS will have enough to run for a few minutes at max load.
>>
>>57294662
Doing it to excess is definitely dangerous, but its hard to say what a small boost will do, really just depends on the individual card. It may not affect lifespan noticeably at all.
>>
>>57294709
I'll just be happy with my 100mhz increase then, thanks.
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 572x327px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 572x327px
Quick Reply not working on multiple boards when I click the post number the quick reply box doesn't show up. 'Post a Reply' works however. uBlock origin blocks s.zkcdn. So what the fuck is going on on this a(i)ds infested site?
>>
>>57294398
nvm fixed it
>>
File: 20161029_115904.jpg (956KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_115904.jpg
956KB, 3264x1836px
RIP wifi adapter?
>>
>>57294889
your wifi card is in the "intake" zone, so it won't get fried. The VGA fans are not blowing hot air on it.
>>
File: website.png (95KB, 811x639px) Image search: [Google]
website.png
95KB, 811x639px
>>57283670
Which web host would you guys recommend for hosting an html-only website?

Cursory research overwhelms me with so many bad-looking choices out there. I want a web host that can meet my basic needs but doesn't insult my intelligence with needless shit like pic related.

I'm paying my current web host about $200 annually for hosting my personal website and I feel like I'm due for a better alternative.
>>
File: 1462906500270.jpg (217KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
1462906500270.jpg
217KB, 717x960px
thought I'd setup a seedbox to not leave pc on for this stuff, shit slows down my entire net to a crawl even if it downloads with half mb/s. I tried limiting uploadslots and others but no luck so far. even if it's just one torrent downloading at 500kbs net goes down to crawl speeds

running rutorrent on void, any clue how to go about limiting the bandwidth it sucks up? speed doesnt matter much as it's on 24/7 anyway
>>
>>57294939
more correctly, torrentbox
>>
>>57294460
Looks like a dummy/placeholder.
>>
File: 1463518018547.png (30KB, 747x491px) Image search: [Google]
1463518018547.png
30KB, 747x491px
If I already use ublock do I really need noscript?
>>
>>57294921
for that amount of money you could get a nice vps to host your stuff on, and you'd also have a vps to mess around with aside from your personal site.

unless it gets a billion hits a day or something
>>
>>57294957
ublock doesnt block random js/flash from loading, afaik
>>
>>57294921
$5-$10 VPS with lighttpd

-usually more bandwidth per month you'll ever need
-you are in control
-you can usually buy more bandwidth, IPv4 addresses if you need them without moving to a bigger VPS plan.
>>
>>57294921
Github Pages and use Google domains then look up a Cloudflare HTTPS guide.
>>
For the fucking life of me, I cannot figure out how to view if my hardware is promiscuous capable. There has to be an easier way than just googling it.
>>
If you convert from lossy audio to lossless then back to a different lossy format, will the quality still be worse than the original lossy file?
>>
>>57294662
>>57294709
don't listen to this anon lol, afterburner's voltage setting won't fry your card even at 100mV over, which is what a lot of overclocking guides say to start at
>>
File: 20161029_123547.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_123547.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>57294920
It blows it ouy from here?
>>
>>57295195
why the fuck would you do that in the first place
>>
>>57295224
To get audio out of YouTube videos into mp3 format without losing quality.
>>
>>57295220
yes, and possibly in the case in the 4 direction (horizontally) but certainly not down, directly on the wifi card.
>>
this is not a question but it made me feel stupid. ive complained about the fucking awful gtk file browser for a long time now, and only just now realized you could just drag files from your file manager into your browser which works the same way. its not as convenient (unless for example you keep a tab open within file browser for memes) but its much better than the fucking default of one thumbnail. hoping this makes someone elses day
>>
File: 1475081329081.png (373KB, 790x249px) Image search: [Google]
1475081329081.png
373KB, 790x249px
I was looking through my music library and noticed that my copy of Master of Puppets is like 500 mb, even though it's only in 320. Why are the files so large? I'm going to delete it to save space but I'm just curious as to what's going on.
>>
So I'm in a bit of a predicament. My computer seems to be locking up at random sometimes, and those times tend to correspond with impossible spikes in disk usage in task manager (6,000 MB/s on 7 year old hard drives). S.M.A.R.T. says they're fine, I wager they're dying and I'm on borrowed time so I figured I'll replace them with an SSD. Problem is last time I tried, the SSD capped out at 15 MB/s read and writes despite working at near full speeds on other computers.

So my question is, could my motherboard be part of the problem, or the source of it entirely?
>>
what pdf viewer does /g/ use?
>>
I'm trying to download 7tsp from their site
>http://www.xptsp.com/fixit/7tsp.php
but it just gives me a white screen and no download (regardless of what I download).
Anyone got a mirror?
>>
What are some good things to put in the expansion bays?
>>
File: Damn it.png (64KB, 1920x990px) Image search: [Google]
Damn it.png
64KB, 1920x990px
Trying to play my vore games which use HTML. None of the videos are playing despite me using every browser under the sun.

Is this cause of HTML5, or does the problem lie elsewhere?
>>
>>57290865
Just looking to cover about 1000sq. ft., two SSIDs at 150Mb/s+, and I need multicast to work. Thanks anon.
>>
Any slightly decent chinese brands, or at least not popular, for cheap windows tablets?

I was asked to find an 8" windows tablet with digitizer and stylus. Shit's getting difficult because it seems both Toshiba and ASUS don't sell theirs anymore.
>>
>>57296671
Cheap Acer or Asus 2-1 tablet.
>>
>>57296377
Sumatrapdf on Windows.
Okular on Linux.

>>57295195
Yes

>>57294957
Umatrix is better than no script, but it's a pain in the ass to setup for every website (you have to manually enable scripts until every site works normally).
If you decide to use it, the best method is to check all the lists on for umatrix, and then check everything on in ublock EXCEPT the lists already turned on in umatrix.
>>
public class MyList<T> {
public MyList<T> add(T value) {
return this;
}
}
MyList<String> list = new MyList<>().add("cock");

Type mismatch: cannot convert from MyList<Object> to MyList<String>
Is it even possible to do something like this or do I have to explicitly specify the template parameter every time?
>>
I just took apart my iphone to correct a problem, now I cannot remember how all these screws and little pieces go back together. How fucked am I?
>>
File: 2016-10-29-033904_1440x900_scrot.png (182KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-29-033904_1440x900_scrot.png
182KB, 1440x900px
Two questions:
Firstly, fresh install of arch

Why are 4chan fonts so wide (pic related)

Why does screenfetch give this error:
[[ ! ]] modprobe: FATAL: Module nvidia not found in directory /lib/modules/4.8.4-1-ARCH
>>
>>57296780
For the first question, go into the DE font settings and try changing it.
If that doesn't work you can always install 4chanX and change the font from there.
For the second issue I'm not actually sure, but just make sure you have the correct video drivers. Also, neofetch is better. You can grab it from the AUR.
>>
What is a good equivalent to MKVToolNix/MKVMerge if I want to mux an mp4 file?

Preferrably with GUI.
>>
>>57296780

Did you install nvidia as well as nvidia-utils?
>>
>>57296884
warning: nvidia-utils-370.28-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
>>
>>57296755

go to ifixit or something for a step by step tear down that you can reverse to know where the screws go

as to how fucked you are because you can't figure this out...
>>
>>57296902

this?

lib32-nvidia-libgl
>>
>>57296941
target not found
>>
>>57296958

You need to have multilib in /etc/pacman.conf uncommented.

[multilib]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
>>
>>57297017
Installed, rebooted, and I'm still getting the same error.
>>
try neofetch
>>
>>57294767
bump
>>
>>57297074

Do you have nvidia-libgl installed, not lib32-nvidia-libgl?
>>
>>57297133
I have both installed.
>>
>>57297149
Use neofetch
>>
>>57297175
/usr/bin/neofetch: line 2026: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale )
>>
>>57297185

what does this return?

locale -a
>>
>>57297215
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory
C
POSIX
en_US
en_US.iso88591
>>
>>57297215

/etc/locale.gen

en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8

Save the file, and generate the locale:

locale-gen
>>
>>57297225
>>57297234

Do you have en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8 uncommented?
>>
>>57297234
>>57297246
Fixed it. Thanks
>>
>>57297225

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/locale
>>
I'm putting together a home server that will have multiple uses. It will serve as a NAS, Plex media server, FTP server (personal use, not planning on hosting a bunch of content, just for passing files to/from home when I'm away), as well as running the unifi controller app for my WAP.

What OS should I use? Currently leaning toward FreeNAS/NAS4Free or CentOS.
>>
Since I retardedly downloaded a shady .exe my home connection's been weird. It works fine yet when I try to download something or watch a video it drops randomly and signal also drops to 1 or 2 bars when it's usually at full or 1 less.
This only happens on my home connection. Malwarebytes doesn't find anything anymore
>>
>>57297602
Reinstall
>>
I'm installing windows 7, however I did back up my c drive

At what point do I copy stuff back over? Once I've done windows updates ?
>>
>>57297658

After you install Gentoo.
>>
>>57297602
Reinstall would be the easiest way.

>>57297658
Once you are done installing drivers, so pretty much now.
>>
File: 1 (258).jpg (152KB, 700x560px)
1 (258).jpg
152KB, 700x560px
Hey /g/, I recently changed cases and reinstalled windows 7. I had my serial number written down, but the new install won't accept it. I even called MS and they said it wasn't a valid serial number.

So now I'm essentially fucked and I need to activate windows illegally. What is the absolute safest, /g/-approved way to activate windows 7? I remember there was this one called removeWAT, but I don't know if it was just malware or whatnot.
>>
>>57297680
Okay cool

Shall I bother with windows updates first or?
>>
>>57297744
If you want to.

>>57297738
Daz Loader.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:37041ba60196e8eff7050a801ebe73cedb8c0748&dn=Windows%20Loader%20v2.2.2&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969
>>
Do people buy a 250GB SSD to go with their HDD because it's cheaper or is there some negative to getting a larger capacity SSD like 1TB?
>>
File: 1477026424625.jpg (24KB, 500x500px)
1477026424625.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
Hey, my question is what is pic related actually called?
>>
File: 1466273820424.jpg (23KB, 217x173px)
1466273820424.jpg
23KB, 217x173px
>>57294889
Just get a usb wifi adapter. It will be fine.
>>
I feel like I've hit a wall when it comes to programming, like there are still things I don't understand and I haven't made anything amazing. It feels like I'm missing a few of the basic pieces to have a complete understanding. I don't know what to do
>>
Some questions about a SSD.
What things are good on one, and not so good on one? For instance, would IMs that can save lots of logs (such as IRC) not work so well on it because of how many writes that uses? Would something cloud-based (like Skype) work better with it?
>>
>>57297759
I don't mean to be an absolute cunt, but how can I trust some random torrent you provided? I mean I really appreciate it, but a lot of people here like to cultivate botnets and fuck people over for fun.
>>
Can someone help me get a grip on how discrete logic works? I'm confused as to what the overall goal to finding out whether an argument is 'valid' or not is, whatever that means.
Natural deduction is confusing with all its different steps as well.
>>
Has anyone used extended battery case for iphone?

Any cons?
>>
What's good for cleaning dust out from a computer besides compressed air?
I heard a small paint brush works good, is that true and are there any other methods I can use?
>>
What is a good app to benchmark SD cards?
>>
how dumb is it to torrent the "premium" versions of anti-virus software?
>>
>>57298171
Check the SHA-1 of the .exe, that will be enough.
Its the link from Mydigitallife forums, from the guy who created it.
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/58464-Windows-Loader-Download
>>
Why do monitors still have bezel? Even a lot of the thin bezel monitors don't extend to the edge of the screen.
>>
What is the best hash algorithm to use for encryption?
>>
>>57298171
>>57298780
MDL is usually the source for wincuck cracks
>>
>>57297804
Use reverse image search, wtf? A/V Balun
>a type of electrical transformer used to connect an unbalanced circuit to a balanced one.

>>57298361
Don't use regular paintbrushes, or a vaccum on reverse, mainly because of ESD
Get an anti-static brush off eBay or this: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000RMQJBK
>>
>>57297804
3.5mm stereo to screw terminal.
>>
File: 1472971550016.jpg (20KB, 420x286px)
1472971550016.jpg
20KB, 420x286px
I want to get a simple Interface for an xlr mic, i was looking at this but i was wondering, what is the difference between the
Focusrite SCARLETT SOLO 2ND GEN and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2? i heard that the solo has less mic gain so it will sound more quiet than the 2i2 is this true?
>>
File: 1466006565.png (304KB, 722x768px) Image search: [Google]
1466006565.png
304KB, 722x768px
Anyone remembers the site where you could search for unsecured RDP connections? Some time ago these threads was quite popular on /g/ for shit and giggles.
>>
>>57298992
Needs to be somewhere for the panel drive chips and cables to go.
>>
How can i plug in my phone in my TV?
The screen is dying.
>>
My old 680i LT SLI mostly still works, except for the fact the tiny southbridge fan seems to have died (after being buried in dust I might add, what a fighter). It still spins, it just makes a loud as fuck noise and speedfan tells me it's at 0RPM(used to say it was at 5400 RPM) which leads me to assume that it's dead.

I have a 8800GT in there - can I get away with just turning the southbridge fan off, should I get it replaced with something else, or should I try to see if I can just pull the fan out and clean it?
>>
will someone please get me started on educating myself on tablet value. Anywhere, anything- i don't know where to start. My budget is like 200 CAD but it seems incapable of getting a tablet even of equal value to my Samsung Galaxy tab 4 8", which has poorer performance than i need for my mobile game

help. spending more might be ok to me but my laptop costed 280 CAD, man...
>>
How do I install the latest version of Node-Webkit (NW) and how do I use it? Quick and fast step-by-step tut if possible, thx.
>>
>>57298992
This >>57299232, as well as the panels need a frame.
>>
>>57299958
You want to play or you are developing a game?
>>
>>57300050
sorry i'm playing the game. and SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY

it's a mobile game about dragons. it runs pretty well on the tablet i mentioned i have, however it isn't consistent and the dropped frames tend to fuck my shit up. not ideal
>>
File: 41jHwDbRTvL.jpg (22KB, 343x300px) Image search: [Google]
41jHwDbRTvL.jpg
22KB, 343x300px
>>57299522
Also, is there a video of somebody taking this fan out?
>>
Are there any good (won't catch on fire and burn my house down) uninterruptible power supplies that can be queried through Ethernet?
>>
>>57300197
For that price? not a lot of options.
>>
>>57300450
What do you mean by queried
>>
>>57300557
I may be willing to spend as much as 280 CAD, but that's as much as my laptop, which was overpriced at 280 CAD since it was a Thinkpad W500. I know it was used and good value, but this thing was 6 yrs old used. has some problems but my 170 CAD tablet struggles to charge after 2 years

I found this:

www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834318873

260 CAD, 1920x1200 screen (my tablet is 1200x800, the min i want now), and ik reviews tend to be negative but they seem rather lukewarm. Only other option seems to buy a 7" version of my 8" tablet, which costed just as much as my 8" one did two years prior...
>>
For the longest time, I haven't been able to torrent anything from a site, but other people are saying they have no trouble with it. If a tracker from a torrent is not connecting, are there any settings I need to change in order for it to connect? Any port forwarding or such? I don't think it is a problem with my ISP since I can torrent files from other sites just fine.

This is the tracker in question on qbittorrent. It says "not working" and it is listed in the error category under trackers.
http://open.nyaatorrents.info:6544/announce
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 351x221px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 351x221px
>>57300573
Read from it with TCP and get something like pic related. I just need to be able to see if it's running on mains or the battery, so I can decide whether or not to make it unmount shit and shutdown.
>>
>>57300637
Most UPSes have a data port to connect to your computer, you just need the right software
http://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html
>>
sKr1pt_K!dd0 reporting in; question #1337:

Where can I join le anonymous and how to hacks?

Seriously though, I just thought about this and was quite curious:
/g/ plebs always say getting to a decent level in a single programming language takes atleast a couple of years. Now, getting a Bachelor degree takes about 3 years. How far can you really get there, especially in terms of maleware? And I'm not talking about maleware in the sense of 'stealing Stacys boob pics', I'm talking about weapon-grade stuff. You don't get to Stuxnet level in Uni, right? So where did the fags that actually reached this kind of level learn all their shit from and how long did it take them to get there?
>>
>>57300847
can't help you m8 but the term is "malware", not with an e to make "male"
>>
>>57300892
Germanfag here. You're right. Deep thoughts while shitting + self complemented auto-correct = sounding like an absolute moron.
>>
>>57300608
>www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834318873

btw i don't think i'm actually eyeing this product after all. The bezels seem way too big to deal with for a 260 CAD product i'm only lukewarm towards

probably just gonna apprehensively pay more for the same shit i got two years ago and hope the situation gets better two years from now when this shit degrades to the point of not being usable again
>>
What is the leading bit? Left-most or right-most?
Also how do floating point binarys work? Why are they 33/65 bits, and what does the leading 1 have to do with that?
>>
whats the best cpu for a lga 1155 socket
>>
Is there a browser add-on that will let me do a Ctrl+F with wild cards, so for example I could search for the phrase
(you|me|that) * mother.?fucker

and it would find any results such as "you DENSE motherfucker" or "that goddamn piece of shit mother-fucker"
>>
I installed CyanogenMod on my HTC Desire 816 with Virgin Mobile because I got sick of all the bloatware installed. However after installing it, I can't take calls or texts nor use my data. It detects my sim card and everything, so I dunno what's up.

Also, I can't access any data on the phone when connect to USB. It just gives me errors.
>>
I just installed a whole bunch of stuff (new mobo and graphics drivers) and now i keep getting an unsigned driver error, I've never had this problem before

What do?
>>
How safe is it to install F-Droid and Clover?
Never used it before but I got a new phone and I need clover on it.

Also do I just install an APK and it's up and running or so I need to do something else?
>>
>>57301512
Model number? (its more important than you might think)
>>
File: Shurls.png (1MB, 1039x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Shurls.png
1MB, 1039x1055px
I remember reading something about those 8 pin PCIe connectors only delivering 150W, and the 6 pins only delivering up to 75W, so what's with those connectors with a single 8 pin on one end, and two on the other being used to power GPUs with a TDP over 200W?
Was that info outdated?

Asking because I am considering adding a second 980ti to my main system and my PSU is a RM750x.
>>
>>57301569
Just download and install the apk, it's safe and quick
>>
>>57301574

710C.
>>
>>57301747
Did you do a dirty flash or a clean flash?
(Clean means factory reset)
>>
>>57301838

Clean, been following the guide as seen here

https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_a5
>>
>>57301892
so you used a nightly build
try looking on
http://forum.xda-developers.com/desire-816/orig-development
there might be a more stable ROM there. (and a newer Android version)
>>
how do i cut a image in half?
and then how do i put it back?

what i have to do is cut a image in half so the file size is reduced and compress the 2 pieces and put them together
>>
File: Untitled.png (69KB, 376x271px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
69KB, 376x271px
should I put an SSD in this machine?
>>
>>57301958
what do you do if with your pc
>>
I'm going to buy a Dell inspiron, just for reviewing PDF's, browsing and maybe some Adobe Suite programs (nothing heavy, just small paperwork).

Dell Inspiron 14 3000 series, core i5 4th gen, 500GB HDD and 4GB of RAM for $650

or

Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series, core i3 fifth gen, 1TB HDD and 4GB RAM for $500.

Is this a matter of battery life versus higher processing power? I do like the 14" form factor (both have shit resolution though) but is Intel 5th gen way better than 4th gen processors?
>>
>>57299958
Get Zenpad S 8". Pretty damn good resolution (2k), plenty of storage and sturdy enough. 2GB of RAM but no auto brightness.
>>
>>57301923

All right thanks, try out the different ROMs and see what works. Worst case scenario, I can always go back to stock.
>>
>>57287786
Reformat
>>
If i install windows 98 on my old pc, will be able to connect to the internet? How easily will i get a virus? There are still win 98 viruses around there?
>>
>>57302058
There's not much difference performance-wise between Haswell (4th gen) and Broadwell (5th gen) besides some efficiency gains. Honestly, go with the cheaper 15" and put a solid state in it if you plan on using it a lot. Otherwise, if it will only be used occasionally, the HDD should be fine.
>>
>>57302283
As long as you have drivers for it internet connection shouldn't be an issue. As long as your firewall/router is secure and you're not a retard who can't spot malware you should be fine. Software compatibility for modern Chrome/Firefox might be an issue though, unless you plan on using outdated IE, which I would definitely not recommend.
>>
>>57302296

Yeah I already have an SSD waiting for it, I plan to use it at night to write documents and watch videos, hopefully I won't ever see any slowdown by using that core i3 even if the battery life gains might propose a good tradeoff.
>>
>>57302321
i have no drivers lol. Can viruses break my monitor?
>>
>>57302396
I'm still using a 2nd gen i3 in my Latitude, feels pretty quick with a solid state.
>>
>>57302409
wat
>>
>>57302439
Can a virus destroy hardware?
>>
>>57302283
https://www.techtalk.cc/viewtopic.php?t=65
>>57302470
no
>>
>>57302470
I mean, maybe, if we're talking about something that can infect firmware, but I don't think I've heard of a virus infecting a monitor...
>>
>>57302429

That's great to know man, I would buy another business lappy but after my Thinkpad T410 required a shitload of repairs I'd rather get something new right now even if the plastic is soft and bouncy.

I also had a 2nd gen inspiron and it was way worse than the new ones.
>>
I've been out of the desktop computer game for a while since I moved to an apartment so I'm out of the loop with hardware. My mom is a lawyer with a small practice and two of the three computers in her office are slowly dying. I bought them probably 7 years ago or so as refurbished workstations and they've served her pretty well. If I lived anywhere near her I would probably just replace the failing hardware (the HDD) but since I literally live on the other side of the world right now I think it would be easier for her to just get two new computers and replace them. After poking around a bit I'm not sure if my mom really needs workstations actually. I got them last time because they were probably going to be more reliable than a standard desktop PC I built myself or bought from a manufacturer (they seemed to use pretty similar hardware anyway) but now it looks like all the workstations come with Xeon processors and video cards. My mom just does word processing and runs weird proprietary law software so while she probably needs lots of RAM I'm not sure if she'd see any benefit from the rest of the hardware. Any advice would be appreciated!
>>
>>57302642

Why don't you get her a Lenovo desktop computer? We had those at my call center job and they seem pretty sturdy. Make sure she gets an SSD. They had pretty neat intake which lessens the damage that dust can make.

Dell also has a tier of desktops above the cheaper Vostros, which are the Optiplex which come in many configs. The tiers after that are aimed at pros that depend on more computation than your mom needs so just get an optiplex with 8GB of RAM and an SSD!
>>
what do you think about allahu akbar windows xp? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3yrA05zfgQ
>>
is LG a company that respects my privacy? I'm considering buying a tablet from them, but I don't want them to observe my emails and such
>>
File: why.png (31KB, 649x416px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
31KB, 649x416px
I just need the shorthand, but I'll read any post that gives an in-depth reason as to why the fuck chrome needs this.
>>
Where does the ">tfw too intelligent to *verb*" thing come from?
>>
Which torrent client is least likely to try and install shitware and bitcoin miners on my computer?
>>
>>57303066
muh shitty programming -> tab crashes group of tabs instead of entire browser
>>
>>57303149
miu torrent
>>
>>57303149
got the fuck off of utorrent and got on qbittorrent while it was still hot. hasn't failed me yet, i think
>>
>>57286859
Expand you main partition. If your drive is partitioned with MBR you can only have 4 partitions.
>>
>>57301923
>>57302122

All right, after a while I fixed it. I installed the CM13 nightly and the openGAPP and when I booted in, calls and texting were working but no data. Eventually found a fix for Virgin Mobile phones after finding out it was a common issue with installing ROMs on them (apparently something to do with them piggybacking off of Sprint's networks?). After doing a dirty flash, that fixed it.

http://androidforums.com/threads/virgin-mobile-mod-universal-lte-virgin-mobile-apn-fix-wip-cm-aosp-4-4-x.840298/

I'm still working on the second issue, it won't let me go through the internal or SD card storage when it's connected via USB to my PC. I set it to file transfers and photo transfers, but it's still not working. It worked when I was in stock, but won't work in CM13, anyone got any ideas?
>>
>>57304070

Never mind, literally fixed that a minute after posting because I'm retarded. Just had to turn on USB debugging.
>>
>>57303866
>>57303866
>>57303866
new thread
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.