[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best music streaming service?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 17

File: spotify-apple-google-amazon.jpg (124KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
spotify-apple-google-amazon.jpg
124KB, 1366x768px
What is the best music streaming service?
>>
Can't listen to anything other than 192kHz/24bit uncompressed vinyl rips these days.
>>
Spotify. Contrary to what /g/oogle fanboys on this board say, Google Play Music is the worst of the four. It astounds me that a company supposedly at the forefront of machine learning has a worse music recommendation system than Apple Music's.

t. currently on a $1 3-month GPM trial
>>
>>57268093
Can I upload to Spotify though?
>>
>>57267997
streaming from home server
>>
Apple Music because they got Tay Tay
>>
>>57267997
Spotify has the best music discovery system. It also has a desktop client.
>>
Streaming from your hard drive
>>
>>57268093
im enjoying google music.

I can't speak for the recommendations, but their radio stuff is alright.

I just make entire radio stations offline and its all good.
>>
Spotify > Apple Music > Tidal > Google Play Music
>>
>>57267997
If you took the comfy platform of Spotify (plus or minus the social aspect of it), the quality and big album art of Tidal and the music recs of Apple then you'd have the best.
>>
>>57267997
Spotify
>>
>>57267997
Spotify's music discovery is awesome
>>
Netease/qq music
When you add the sites to host files 99% of any song you can see on YouTube/soundcloud you will see it there, free 320kbps download, create playlists, app/pc version few songs may have need to buy "pro" but these are far and few inbetween and is less than $2 a month
>>
If you're a music lover and you have friends who are music lovers, Spotify's social platform is unbeatable by a planet-wide margin.
>>
Ok. I didn't try apple music. But if you already pay for amazon prime, then prime music is an ok choice. It does the job, but not really well. If you want a real streaming service, then go with spotify. The Linux support is gorgous and all the application are on point. Play Music really needs some refinement for the price.
>>
>>57267997
>>57268207
>>57268353
Like these patricians I stream music from home or use my phone/flashdrive for that purpose. I've been using Plex Media Server to handle Music/Video/Pics and syncing to our home server. Google services aren't necessary anymore.
>>
Patriot is a pretty based streaming service. They let you stream anything at ~400Mbps 24/7 anywhere you go, can fit ~1,000 192 vbr Opus songs on their $16 option for life and ~2,000 192 vbr Opus songs on their $32 option, and use less than 100mA during use.
>>
Serious question, what is the appeal of streaming music as opposed to pirating music and storing it in your personal library? I can discover music with 8tracks or Pandora.
>>
>>57268917
Too bad they don't have a selection of over 30 million songs @ 320kbps and a music discovery feature, and too bad I can't share playlists with my friends.
>>
>>57267997
About to months ago I switched to Apple Music. Had Spotify before. The Android app isn't the best and the quality is not as high as on Spotify. I personally can't hear a difference in quality. Apple Music has a lot more exclusive music and albums can be streamed on release day or even earlier, that's why I switched. Plus the radio stations are pretty nice
>>
>>57268943
1. Tens of million tracks at your instant disposal (no need to fire up your torrent client and wait to download every album and then copy the files to every device you want to play it on)
2. Your library automatically and instantly syncs across all your devices (add a track to your phone library and it's instantly available in your library at home), your solution requires manual syncing for every device
3. Integrates with multiple apps like SoundHound and Shazam to automatically add discovered tracks to your playlist
4. Share playlists with friends, make collaborative playlists
5. You could say it's good karma.
>>
SPOTIFY PLEASE MAKE SPOTIFY WEB IN HTML5, THANKS
>>
>>57269111
You can't download the desktop app?
>>
>>57268943
You don't have to buy a VPN or a seedbox.
>>
>>57268943
Not being a neet and using other devices than your desktop is the appeal. I have all my playlists synched to all my devices, plus whatever song I want to listen to without having to download it and fuck around with putting it on all my devices.
>>
>>57268917
Only 1000? What a pleb, try having access to millions of songs
>>
>>57269111
yeah, this is the only reason I still have flash player installed
>>
>>57268917
>They let you stream anything at ~400Mbps

MP3 V0 is good enough for me.
>>
Youtube with youtube-dl
>>
>>57269293
YouTube compression is awful for music.
>>
>>57269339
Youtube uses opus, it's one of the best, if not the best, lossy compression codec.
>>
Foobar with foo_youtube component
>>
Soundcloud is nice
>>
>>57269365
AAC too in MP4
>>
If it's radio, I find Slacker pretty comfy.
>>
>>57268943
dont have to become a ratiocuck
>>
>>57269127
>ads
>>
>>57269692
Spotify Premium. It's affordable.
>>
>>57268093
Google play music is known for having the best music recommendations. Also stations/podcasts/upload your own library
>>
cracked spotify
>>
>>57269967
Who the heck can't afford $9?
>>
>>57268950
>What is 7digital / thepiratebay
>What is youtube
>What is file sharing
>>
my only problem with google play is that some of the songs I uploaded it censors the curses for some reason even though the versions I uploaded had the curses.
>>
Google Play Music is terrible on the desktop unless you're using Chrome with the extension. Unlike Chrome, In Firefox and other browsers, you need Flash (it uses HTML5 in Chrome) and there are no workarounds, there's no support for media keys and you cannot cast to other devices like your TV or speaker set.

It is absolutely gimped outside of Chrome.
>>
File: streamingserviceshowmuchtheypay.png (221KB, 940x7500px) Image search: [Google]
streamingserviceshowmuchtheypay.png
221KB, 940x7500px
>>
>>57267997
>streaming music
>>
>>57270183
>What is 7digital / thepiratebay
7digital is a music store, not a streaming service and piratebay is for the most part illegal and there is a lot of malware linked on that website.

>What is youtube
Low quality.

>What is file sharing
Illegal unless the content creator allows it. I'm not an angsty, edgy pseudo-anarchist underground hacker so I don't feel the need to commit a crime every five seconds to "eff da police xD".
>>
>>57270685
Youtube was meant in response to finding music, file sharing for sharing playlist files with friends.
>>
>>57270660
>signing to a mainstream label is a mistake for artists

This notion is nothing new.
>>
>>57270685

>I don't feel the need to commit a crime every five seconds

At most, file sharing is a civil offense punishable by fines. Unless you're redistributing the files for personal profit, no crime has been committed.

At least put some effort in before attempting to shitpost.
>>
>>57270701
YouTube takes up a lot more bandwidth than music streaming services. You're downloading FLAC-sized files for music with much lower quality than you'd get on Spotify.
>>
>>57270685
Nice b8.
>>
>>57270716

The point was how Jewish spotify is.
>>
>>57268328
Yes.
On Apple music its really hard to find new music. I've been listening to the same artist for the past month. I'm going back to Spotify .

Oh, it's also on Linux
>>
>>57270779
>muh JOOISH conspiracy
>IT'S DE JOOS

Back to >>>/pol/.
>>
>>57267997
Groove.
>>
>>57270807

Did you even look at the fucking image, it is talking about artist payout per views.

Jesus christ.
>>
>>57267997
Spotify. You can edit your host file to block spotify ads. I have spotify free, haven't seen an ad in the desktop app since.
>>
File: you-have-to-go-back.gif (348KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
you-have-to-go-back.gif
348KB, 350x233px
>>57270939
I looked at that image, and I looked at the "Jewish" post. The image has nothing to do with Jews but for some reason they were invoked anyway.

/pol/ has to go back. Back to >>>/pol/.
>>
>>57270993

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>57270825
>>57267258
>>57267321
wtf man
>>
>>57267997
Spotify. You can use it free or paid.
>>
All proprietary spyware. It is essentially malware.
>>
>>57267997
spotify because it's free
>>
>>57267997
Spotify all around. Free account with Google for your personal stuff/whatever isn't on Spotify.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-27_20-52-29.png (216KB, 752x579px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-27_20-52-29.png
216KB, 752x579px
Which one has the best catalogue of Japanese music? 80% of what I listen to isn't in these streaming services
>>
>>57272081
>>57268657
>>
>>57272081
You can upload up to 50,000 songs to Google Play Music and up to 25,000 songs to Apple Music.
>>
File: starving_musician__by_khavi.jpg (183KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
starving_musician__by_khavi.jpg
183KB, 700x525px
>>57270660
And with BitTorrent piracy, the artists make even less!

Revolutionary!
>>
>>57267997
I've been using Google Play Music. My thoughts after using this is that Google is probably one of the biggest companies to half ass just about everything. The service in theory is great but the UI is trash, it mixes albums I didn't add to my library with songs I uploaded so I end up hearing the non-explicit version of the songs and having duplicates twice in my queue, and they refuse to make a proper program/app for the desktop experience.

With that said, it's cool to have ad free youtube without the need of ad blocker (especially on mobile).

I've also used Groove, and it had a better interface than what Google was offering, and it was kind of neat I could download and transfer streaming music to my old Zune HD, however the music selection is pure garbage.

Now I'm thinking of switching to Amazon Music.
>>
>streaming
nice meme anon

if you insist on memeing then probably google play music, since that lets you upload you own collection for easy tracking by the MPAA
>>
>>57272597
Oh and another thing that's wrong with Google Play Music. If you have Google Play Music open in one tab and youtube in another, youtube will complain that two instances of it are open...
>>
>>57268093
Google Play has the biggest collection of music to stream, Spotify has the second smallest next to Groove. And apparently Apple Music has exclusives.
>>
I'm pirating muh music from deezloader

pretty gud
>>
File: vkontakte-256.png (3KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
vkontakte-256.png
3KB, 256x256px
>>57267997
BКoнтaктe (:
>>
>streaming
>not having an audiophile setup
>>
>>57267997
Deezer because my carrier gives me free premium and doesn't discount from my data usage
>>
>>57272826
Not all of us have enough money to spend on what appears to be a placebo.
>>
>>57268657
There's a XposedModule which bypasses the costs.
>>
Apple Music seems to have the widest variety of music of the services. They have a lot of stuff that I can't find on the others.

If you're on Spotify, this may be a big problem if you have a lot of uncommon music because they don't allow you to upload music at all. You have to add local music to playlists and sync it from there to your mobile device (you can't sync music between desktops or from your phone/tablet to another device; it can only be from desktop to phone/tablet), but you won't be able to cast it to your TV or speaker set, only music in the Spotify catalog. It's the worst if you have a lot of music not commonly found on those services.

Apple Music, Google Play Music and Amazon Music allow you to upload your music and play it anywhere that supports these services.
>>
>>57273073
I don't know what position you'd have to be in that you can afford broadband but not a $1.99/mo subscription.
>>
>>57268943
convenience of getting the song/album you want to listen to in that moment.
>>
>>57272597
google music is pretty much ass on the PC.
>>
>>57273073
Name? I don't care about $2 a month but I can't link my card to the chinese payment methods
>>
>>57268943
Streaming music is often more convenient than pirating. At $10 per month the level of easiness that Spotify/Apple offers is well worth it
>>
>>57269967
How do you do that?
>>
>>57268093
I love Google music purely for the recommendations and shuffle function but I use Spotify because its half as much for students.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-27-22-06-54.png (417KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-27-22-06-54.png
417KB, 720x1280px
>>57268943
It's so simple to use, convenient and just so comfy. Just open it up and start playing . :)

Pic related, Apple Music. Feels natural, man.
>>
>>57273818
dumb phoneposter
>>
File: no way.png (1MB, 993x1100px) Image search: [Google]
no way.png
1MB, 993x1100px
>>57268068
>download vinyl rip
>crackling noises everywhere

Vinyl is a meme

Literally no reason to listen to vinyl over a lossless CD rip
>>
>>57274706
Hipsters like it because other people don't.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161028-002907.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161028-002907.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
I use Play Music because it allows me to upload all my music and not deal with any radio station bs if I don't want to, but the interface is honestly horrible. There's no way to search your music library without searching all of Google play music, the artist list shows a big picture for every artist (which means there's only 6 artists visible at a time) and cuts a lot of their names off. Finding what I was looking for on a tiny ipod nano 5g was way easier than it is with Play music on an S6. I should just load everything onto an SD card and switch to something decent.
>>
>>57267997
I listen to some semi obscure stuff, and Google Play Music is the only one who consistently has what I'm looking for.
>>
Pandora
Google Play Music

What you do is just run pianobarfly ripping your station and google-musicmanager to sync to Play Music.
>>
File: output.webm (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>57275953
Works great for me :3
>>
>>57267997
> Music streaming
Get a microsd card and copy music to it.
>>
>>57267997
I UZ DEEZER CUZ I'M SPECHIAL
>>
>>57270660
>be a great singer, record a demo, go to label
>they love me and sign me from the spot
>they pay me 200k to make at least three albums
>they do the recording
>they do the mastering
>they do the pressing
>they do the distribution
>they do the marketing
>they do the tour promotion
>they do everything to get my face out there
>they cut me in sold units, streaming revenue, merch, live, anything
>i'm a big hit, they pay me millions upfront to extend my contract and do five more albums over the next ten years
>i'm famous and rich now
OI VEY, THEY DON'T WIRE ME ONE DOLLAR PER KLICK FROM MY OFFICIAL YOUTUBE, I'VE GOT KEKED BIG TIME!!!!

millenials have no idea how this business works.
>>
>>57267997
I prefer individual sites. I'd imagine those major sites are like radio and play the same shit over and over.

Music Choice is pretty good too.
>>
>>57276917
That's if people like your music.
>>
>>57277026
exactly, because if it's not you've had at least your 200k. and if you're way to underground, you can still go for a living with selling overprices "limited" vinyl and play in front of sold out concert halls selling a shitton of merch after the gig.
>>
Soundcloud
>>
>>57267997
Groove
>>
idk why but it seems ive been getting a shit ton more ads on google play music.. for fucks sake i might just go back to foobar.

all i wanted was a nice ad free radio/scrobblin/playlist experience
>>
>>57273073
Which one?
>>
>>57270595
GPM desktop player
>>
>>57268196
Yes
>>
>>57267997
None. Stop being a stupid goy
>>
I use WCD and Rutracker to download the best masterings of albums and use Plex for streaming to my phone.

All streaming services have the latest ear bleeding dynamically compressed remasters of classic albums.
>>
>>57277026
Your point being?
It's the label that is losing money if you don't make it
>>
>>57277888
I think by people he means the label. That greentext only really applies to people signed to large labels. If you aren't, then the forms of income shown in the picture are a very important part of your income.
>>
File: Microsoft_Groove_logo[1].png (5KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft_Groove_logo[1].png
5KB, 80x80px
Groove
>>
>>57267997
Step 1 - try them
Step 2 - stop shitposting
>>
>>57277634
I tried that and unfortunately it's too buggy for me. For example, I tried to move to a certain part in the same song and it took over 3 seconds to play it after what felt like an annoying interval of silence. It kept doing that every time.
>>
>>57268196
You can with Spotify on your desktop, you can can select folders in Local Files and put them in Playlists etc. Then make them available offline on your phone.
>>
>>57278176
I tried the premium subscription plan. Wasn't satisfied.

>192kbps streaming max (yes, the same quality as Spotify Free, in the PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION)
>Android app doesn't even allow you to seek to another part of the song. Touching the song progress bar does literally nothing. Yes, you can't go forward or backward in a song, the only thing you can actually do is play it over again from the start. (And this is on top of the 192kbps streaming)

Dropped like it's hot.
>>
>>57276917
>millenials have no idea how this business works.

I cant think of anything more cringeworthy than a millenial whining about other millenials - especially when what you said is primarily ranted by baby boomers but whatever.
>>
>>57279053
This only transfers the music to the phone. It's not like Apple Music, Google Play Music and Amazon Music where you can actually upload it to the cloud and it automatically appears on all of your other devices with the service.

You have to manually download the playlist from the mobile device in order for it to become available to play. You can't even cast it to your TV or speaker set like you can with the others, only music in the catalog.

Also, as you said, in order to download music from Spotify, you must first put them in playlists. With the others, you can download them not just by playlist, but on an album-by-album and song-by-song basis.
>>
>>57274706
Only one reason. Old uncompressed no loudness wars master. >2000 Dark side of the moon sounds like shit compared to the original 1973 master.
>>
Spotify
>best playlists
>best desktop client
>best queuing ability
Apple Music
>exclusives
>best recommendations
>best radio stations
>arguably best navigation
Google Play
>best local library uploading
>has a great free version that lets you stream your own music, works amazingly
>great app despite what many have said here
>comes with YouTube red (watch any video ad free)

Exclusives aside that basically have an identical catalogue. Honestly I use both Apple Music because of the student price and google play for free YouTube red and syncing with my local music
>>
File: brics.jpg (34KB, 611x247px) Image search: [Google]
brics.jpg
34KB, 611x247px
I was wondering do these countries have some own music streaming service?
>>
>>57276917
Hi, Jew.
>>
>>57279446

The major music streaming services opened branches here in Brazil and they're doing just fine.

Brazil is americanized as fuck and so is the rest of the world I guess
>>
Theft has the most options and best quality.
>>
>>57268943
>>57270183
>>57272720
>>57280768
But doesn't piracy contribute to the moral decay of our society?
>>
listen.moe
>>
webradio streams

Why would you want algorithms instead of proper real DJs?

A DJs whole profession is about selecting music for you. So why not use that?
>>
>>57280831
No, paying Jews for stuff you can get for free does
>>
>>57280831
If it bothers you, purchasing physical media is best because once you own it, it's yours for all personal use.
>>
>>57281252
>Because you own it
>2016
>Implying you actually own anything
No Anon. What you own is actually a "license" for personal use for said media.
>>
>>57281252
Legally, you don't own the content on the disc. You only have a license to listen to it.
>>
File: Qobuz.png (362KB, 1068x1187px) Image search: [Google]
Qobuz.png
362KB, 1068x1187px
Qobuz.

You have to be french in order to buy all the music though since the other regions are regionlocked.
>>
>>57269293
How do you create a playlist for mpv?
>>
I just use Spotify on my phone cus you get the modified version with practically the same functions as the monthly one. So I stream any music I want for free.

If I had to pay, I'd probably just pay Spotify tbqhwy
>>
>>57267997
Spotify, for my uses

It's not my main source of music, so it doesn't need to have amazing sound quality. Just a cheap and convenient place to try out new music, like an organized YouTube with better sound quality. Having the student discount settles it. Also has a linux app.

If I made streaming my main source, I'd choose Google Play or even Apple Music because you can edit tags and Spotify's trigger my autism, but it's not worth double the price per month when I have FLAC rips and torrents.
>>
>>57267997
music has a service
no ty
>>
spotify
>>
>>57269956
>>57272683
>>57273626
>they shill google services for free
>>
when will what.cd make a streaming service
>>
>>57283120
They're an exclusive underground torrent tracker. Most likely never.
>>
>>57281949
Qobuz is placebo as fuck m8, some of their hi-rez releases are worse than the normal CD releases
>>
>>57267997
youtube seeing as it's fucking free
>>
>>57269188
>living in a country where you have to buy a VPN tjust to pirate
Kek
>>
File: 1472630603625.png (409KB, 487x594px) Image search: [Google]
1472630603625.png
409KB, 487x594px
>>57267997
>want to use music streaming service but none of them have the good shit
>>
spotify, because I get a free premium subscription through work lmao.
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.