[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wireless Energy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: wireless-charger.jpg (9KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
wireless-charger.jpg
9KB, 500x375px
I was thinking about creating a large scale coil in my ceiling so I can power my whole room with wireless power... despite alot of powerloss, what are your thoughts?
>>
Sounds scary and impractical but I'm not familiar with the subject, maybe it will be fine. Sounds cool either way, good luck.
>>
Dont do this it makes mustard gas
>>
>>57244534
OP STOP
make a miniature prototype first. then move onto slight larger scale. then larger. at least 5 iterations before final
>>
>>57244563
STOP OP
>>
STOP OP
>>
Continue
>>
>>57244534
Electrical engineer here.
How much did you research about this?
What frequency will you use?
What power?
>>
>>57244534
As I understand it this kind of thing works by induction, the presence of your large metal object near a flowing current saps power out of that current and into your coil.
In other words, if you're collecting power into your coil, somebody else is losing power out of their wire. I've heard of farmers burying coils under high voltage lines on their property and using them to power their homes for example. Problem is people generally aren't too happy when you steal their electricity and if large quantities are disappearing somebody will come looking.
Best case scenario you just take power from your own wiring and achieve absolutely nothing, worst case you steal it out of the grid without paying for it and some men come around to your house sooner or later to have a stern word with you.
>>
>>57244572
if(faggot == "OP")
{
break;
}
>>
let us know what kind of weird cancer you get after running it for a bit OP!
>>
>>57244534
enjoy your cancer
>>
>>57244629
> I've heard of farmers burying coils under high voltage lines on their property
ebin
>>
>>57244629
sounds interesting,got sources senpai?
>>
>>57244534
I guess people with pacemakers would die when they enter your room, other than that (and wasted power) I see no problems
>>
>>57246446
Only if they got a heart attack!

Joking aside pacemakers are protected from such things.
>>
>>57244534
Just give up on your project.

"Wireless power" works by the means of coupled transformers so you can use the magnetic flow inside a ferrite core to induce current. Faraday induction law allows you to induce current to a coil enveloping some magnetic flow, right?

Air is a really bad magnetic conductor. Wireless energy is only practical if your coil is several millimeters from your transformer core. If not, there is no way you can capture enough magnetic flow to produce a loop to induce current to a coil.
>>
>>57244534
>what are your thoughts?
My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.
>>
>>57247917
>>>/b/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNTSBjuK_7g
>>
>>57244534
STOP citizen. This is the NSA.

Doing that to your residence will disrupt the intel gathering device we installed in your home last year.
>>
>>57248185
why does this generation have such gay voices
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.