[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple just had its first annual revenue decline since 2001

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: hugo-barra-mi-mix.jpg (566KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
hugo-barra-mi-mix.jpg
566KB, 1400x933px
The 9 percent decline marks the first annual revenue drop since 2001, largely due to the continued decline in iPhone sales
>>
>>57239696
>>>/biz/
>>
>>57239744
>Tells him to go to biz
>post pertains to technology
>>
about time
>>
can't keep growing at double digits forever.

Just look at the things apple has tried to do to keep growing.

>make a large iphone
>make small, medium and large tablets
>come out with some payment system for iphones so you can buy one every year for some low, low monthly price
>come out with a 'cheap' version of the iphone

It really came to no surprise that this happened, it was just a matter of when.

Apple as a company is far too dependent on the iPhone which accounts for ~60% of their revenue
>>
>>57239696
I new they reached the tipping point when they introduced those shitty plastic iphones, contrasting with luxury items like the top tier iphones or apple watches, splitting their consumer base into factions and jeopardizing their cool factor.
>>
New iOS updates have been pretty easy on system requirements, so I'm sure there are more people hanging on to older models. I mean, when a 5 still works perfectly well, why bother? But I'm sure that, given a large update, they'll be able to get people to upgrade. Also, it really does say something about how well Apple has been doing financially that this is the first decline they've had since 2001.
>>
>>57239800
I wonder what apple's wiiu product will be...
>>
>>57239696
>largely due to the continued decline in iPhone sales
where did those sales go?
pic implies sales in China tanked due to Xiaomi, but do those really compete in the same premium segment and was the general smartphone market increasing?
>>
>>57239792
I think what also is contributing to it is that people don't need to upgrade their phones as much anymore. A midend or highend phone from 2014 will still work fine in 2016. My mom's ZTE zmax with Snapdragon 401 still feels fast enough for daily use.

And from what I heard the iPhone 6/6s is still fast enough for most iphone users too.
>>
Maybe they should release a new MBP, Mac Pro and iMac and focus on professionals instead of casual users for a change.
>>
>>57239696
Even with Samnsung out of the picture they can't do shit. Sad.
>>
>>57239827
Apple Watch.
>>
>>57239947
last quarter ended September 24, 2016.
so to recent for those events to be fully realized in those numbers.
>>
>>57239917
Maybe fewer people updated this year?
>>
>>57239932
Apple assumes three-year iPhone update cycles since some time now.
>>
>>57240001
it's pretty obvious that fewer sales means less updates, retard.
Apple even explicitly mentioned that there were more switches from Android.
also those numbers are mostly about the iPhone 6s, so 'this year' is ambiguous.
>>
How does phone in OP's pic deal with accidental touches on its the edge?
>>
>>57240001
Does iOS update every year? That would explain the past three years of iPhone declines.
>>
File: q416iphonesales-6c.png (53KB, 1360x860px) Image search: [Google]
q416iphonesales-6c.png
53KB, 1360x860px
>>57240100
>Does iOS update every year?
yes
>That would explain the past three years of iPhone declines.
except in reality the iPhone 6 was the best selling iPhone ever
>>
File: 263401.png (72KB, 1000x716px) Image search: [Google]
263401.png
72KB, 1000x716px
>>57240001
upgrades would mean steady sales.
Apple still sold ~45m iphones.

The real problem is that everyone who wants an iphone already has one.

So what is apple to do next to entice people who don't own an iphone to buy one ?

The iphone is still a money printing machine for Apple, but with decreasing sales on the horizon this should put downward pressure on the stock price.
>>
>>57240151
I would buy one of they release an iPhone 7 in an iPhone 4 body.
>>
>>57240151
>but with decreasing sales on the horizon this should put downward pressure on the stock price.
nope. investors care about profits not sales numbers.
increasing sales is pretty easy, just lower the price.
>>
>>57240189
>nope. investors care about profits not sales numbers.
investors care a lot about lots of different things.

The valuation of a company is often times just high hopes of what it *will be worth* in the future.

Take uber for example, it lost money recently (1.2 billion) and yet the valuation for that company is 60 some odd billion.

Besides if what you said were 100% true and nothing else matter than their shares shouldn't have slid 2% down.
>>
>>57239696
blame the headphone jack
>>
>>57240327
too early to tell, next quarter is the one to really watch.
>>
File: apell.jpg (17KB, 266x745px) Image search: [Google]
apell.jpg
17KB, 266x745px
But muh iphone..
>>
>>57239932
Still using my Galaxy Note 2.
>>
>>57239936
isn't this what they do since the beginning?
>>
>>57240250

I don't understand how Amazon can consistently make so little or no profit and still be valued so highly.

Has Wall St lost their minds? These hedge funds make off like bandits and the investors are literally riding the nuke Dr Strangelove style to Amazon and Uber's ultimate insolvency.
>>
>>57241152
Its because they do it on purpose.
>>
Bulk of this is due to china.

iphone is getting BTFO by chinese competition. Like why the fuck would someone buy a $1000 phone with the same design for 3 years when they can get new innovative shit like the mi mix for half the price?
>>
>>57240178
why didnt you just get a iphone 6 with the body of an iphone 4
>>
>>57240696
They don't anymore. Their machines are terribly out of date. Their "Mac Pro" trashcan is a terrible piece of throttling bullshit. Instead of staying with what worked, they changed it to a small form factor. This forces you to add more hardware to to make it usable, which causes the system to start looking like an octopus.
>>
>>57239792
They are the next Nokia I reckon everyone will ditch them in 2020
>>
>>57239696
I'm not surprised. Im still using my iPhone 6, still gets updates, doesn't have stupid shit I don't want (3D touch, live photo retardedness), and still has a fucking headphone jack. Next phone will most likely not be an iPhone, can't justify the price compared to chinkphones that have better features at half the price.
>>
ride for the apple-faggots will soon be over
>>
>>57241152
Cause amazon is making profit you retard.
>>57241317 is right they are reinvesting all there profits into other things that have yet to shown profit.
>>
>>57241378
>make it usable, which causes the system to start looking like an octopus.

As if form is more important than function. KYS.
>>
>>57241343
Because "muh iPhone" and "muh status".
People value the appearance of status more than food. Especially in china, chinese people fucking love applel shit even though they all know, on a level, that they're just encouraging slave labor of their countrymen.
>>
>>57241388
>They are the next Nokia

Yes. People have finally had enough.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.