[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but i see BTC is up for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: btc.jpge.jpg (3KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
btc.jpge.jpg
3KB, 80x80px
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but i see BTC is up for 3 months now >currently in college and thinking of selling my gaming PC to fund my crazy idea that i can make money by mining then trading the BTC for Gold and selling that.
Should I?
>>
>>57217582
you won't mine
you will buy low
you will sell high
>>
>>57217582
>Not sure if this is the place to ask
Its not, go back to >>>/biz/
>>
File: gabe.jpg (53KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
gabe.jpg
53KB, 900x900px
Mining is a joke.
You'll spend more on power then you will making a profit.

Buy a SHITLOAD of BTC now.

Kim Dotcom's bitcache is going to be groundbreaking in 2017.
>>
File: 1475433075464.jpg (102KB, 1280x936px) Image search: [Google]
1475433075464.jpg
102KB, 1280x936px
Do it, sell all your stuff and build a elaborate mining array, join a mining group.
Sell your car, your house nad spend all your tuition money on bitcoin.
It will pay off in the long run when china takes over the world in 2025.
>>
>>57217618
I live in a apartment where i pay no electrical bill :^)
>>
>>57217638
Someone does and when he/she notices the huge sudden consumption increase on the electric bills your ass is gonna get kicked.
>>
> Not sure if this is the place to ask

It's not. Place for penny stock investing is /biz/.

But as other said, the general advice is buy high (now), and sell low (when a whale dumps and its back to $200 in june 2017).
>>
>>57217660
true
>>
>>57217582
The difficulty for mining BTC is so high now that it would take 1,000 years to mine one block. Unless you have a data center worth of GPU's or ASIC's.

You can however mine ethereum(ETH) and swap that for BTC. The difficulty is still relatively low and dagger-hashimoto was designed to be ASIC resistant.
>>
>>57217680
>You can however mine ethereum
No, just fuck off with your coins already.
>>
You're just 5 years late, johnny.
>>
You will never break even. The only thing that makes buttcoins profitable is economy of scale. Large, relatively cheap warehouse, cheap electricity, and bulk deals on tens of thousands of ASICs. At that point each ASIC can make $1 -$2 per week in revenue, but pennies per week in profit.

This is why you need scale. For scale you need money. You're too poor and FIVE YEARS too late
>>
>>57217582
Are you retarded?
>>
>he isnt mining etherum
>>
>>57217582

Build a mining rig:

>Motherboard 1150/1151 with 3+ PCI-E (1x,4x,8x,16x)
>Slowest CPU you can find
>4Gb of RAM, just use one stick
>3 RX 470 4Gb
>650w 80+ Gold PSU (750w for 4 GPUs, 1000w for 6) Superflower, Seasonic, FPS, or made by them: EVGA G2, P2, T2, GS, GQ, PS. Coolermaster V, VS. Corsair AX, AXi, RMi, RM.
>Get PCI-E USB risers Version 6 from a USA seller
>LiveUSB 8gb for OS, 16Gb if using more than 4 GPUs. SSD 60Gb if you don't wanna deal with that.
>Mine ZCash (mining starts this friday)
>Hold coins for a year
>Sell for mad gains
>Buy bitcoin (could be super low at the time, don't be afraid just buy it)
>Hold another year
>Sell bitcoin for mad gains
>Evaluate how much profit you wanna keep on cash (and in which currecy(s) heh) and how much in Bitcoin
>Buy the bitcoin you wanna hold for years when you see it bouncing from the mega crash after you sold.
>From now start reading all you can about maintenance of mining rigs with RX 470 cause you have to be careful with what kind of risers you use, start studying Technical Analysis and the psychology behind trading so you can handle yourself when the time to sell and buy comes even if you are just going to do 3 trades like I specified, educate yourself about how to invest, save and spend your money wisely, get up to date about economics (avoid mainstream media..), learning a bit about cyber security wont hurt.
>Be happy.
>>
Do not put any money into BTC you are now comfortable losing completely.

Even if BTC doesn't crash, there is a chance your exchange might be hacked, your wallet might get hacked or you lose it.

The ship has sailed for you to become a bitcoin millionaire, people have been pushing this dream of 100k per coin for years now.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.