[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 59

File: Dwight_.jpg (89KB, 479x639px) Image search: [Google]
Dwight_.jpg
89KB, 479x639px
Stupid Question Thread
Dwight edition

Previous thread is right here : >>57179060

If you got a specific question related to linux, programming, web dev, etc. you can try their dedicated threads.

Search for your problem before posting.
Your friendly neighborhood search engine:
Try to use a search engine that respects your privacy such as searx, ixquick or startpage.

Redirect any retard creating their own thread to >>>/g/sqt
>>
File: CplRF5rUkAAQFvu.jpg (105KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CplRF5rUkAAQFvu.jpg
105KB, 1200x675px
>>57194261
reposting

Alright got a new MSI RX 470, works fine and all but at random when I click (like maybe once a day) the screen will flicker then its back, the drivers use to crash like crazy until i uninstalled the MSI app thing.

The thing is I am running a pretty old TV (6years old?) via HDMI 1080p 60hz , Is it my TV or my new card, my old card (r9 270 never did this)
>>
Because reasons i need to defrag my MicroSD, any program will do right?
Defraggler for example.
>>
repostin

Is the Steel Series Sensei any good as a mouse?

And has anybody had any luck with the ducky keyboards?

The two in question.

>Keyboard
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1689

>Mouse
https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Sensei-Laser-Gaming-Rubberized/dp/B007N6HS3G/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1477156868&sr=8-6&keywords=Steel+Series

I'm going to be doing a lot of typing, so I figured Blues were the best.
>>
>>57194353
>mouse
I bought the steelseries rival 100 and wasn't disappointed by it. If the sensei is as good as the one I bought, you can go with it.
For the keyboard you might ask on >>>/g/mkg
>>
I have a video that was recorded with auto contrast and it looks pretty bad getting washed out every couple of seconds, is there an easy way of fixing this?
>>
>>57194605
>easy
no
>>
File: 9a3.png (65KB, 240x249px) Image search: [Google]
9a3.png
65KB, 240x249px
Three small/stupid questions

1) Is there a sub £600/$800 non-shit laptop with a 17" display

2) Best way to dual boot without the OS of each drive (both SATA) having access to the other? Physical switch? Encryption?

3) Can I get a decent volume from my 250ohm DT770s without shit sound q from my Note 4 without damaging the headphone jack or micro USB sockets?
>>
why does the USPS have to be worse than terminal cancer?
>>
>>57194861
literally full of old fat people, I walk into the post office and I see one or two people working.

understaffed and shit vehicles that can barely do 20 mph
>>
>>57194817
>Laptop
For what?
>>
>>57194817
>1
probably
>2
Which OS ? By default windows can't do shit with a linux partition
In linux there's various way to do it. By default, only root can mount the partition, or if the distribution allow any user to mount it you can forbid them.
It really depends what you're trying to do and why.
>>
>>57194894
I wonder how much they spend on gas for those shitboxes
>>
I think I've understood the i2p faq correctly, and this appears to work (added the wording from the faq followed by the rules, in order, and changed my unique port number to PORT):
# Outbound UDP from the random port noted on the configuration page to arbitrary remote UDP ports, allowing replies
-A OUTPUT -p udp --sport PORT -j ACCEPT
# Outbound TCP from random high ports to arbitrary remote TCP ports
-A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 9000:31000 -j ACCEPT
# Inbound UDP to the port noted on configuration page from arbitrary locations
-A INPUT -p udp --dport PORT -j ACCEPT
# Inbound TCP to the port noted on configuration page from arbitrary locations
-A INPUT -p tcp --dport PORT -j ACCEPT
# Outbound UDP on port 123, allowing replies
-A OUTPUT -p udp --sport 123 -j ACCEPT

But since I have an i2p user and all, would perhaps this be better?
-A INPUT -j ACCEPT -m owner --uid-owner i2p 
-A OUTPUT -j ACCEPT -m owner --uid-owner i2p

Is the former more secure because it doesn't allow a user free pass through the firewall as it likes? Or is the latter more secure because only ports used by the user will be open at any moment?

Also, I'm assuming NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED state on all, but perhaps some should just be ESTABLISHED or something, like the outbound rule for tcp on the range of ports 9000-31000?
>>
Will an ISO of Win7 Pro from HeiDoc's downloader and

>https://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products

Have any problems with one another?
>>
>>57194737
Maybe I should've said simple
>>
>>57194976
Check SHA-1 of the ISO.

If it matches to the original ISO you needed it will.
>>
File: sauce.jpg (160KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
sauce.jpg
160KB, 1024x684px
What CPU cooler is this?
>>
>>57195033
SilentiumPC Fortis 3 HE1425 v2 CPU-Cooler

found it fuck me
>>
>>57194997
How do I do that?
>>
>>57195104
Install 7-ZIP>Right click>CRC SHA>SHA-1.
>>
Can somebody repair this get script? I think the issue is that it's unable to retrieve the latest post number due to some changes that happened like a year ago now.

Here's the script: http://pastebin.com/n3eR9nd7

I'm just a pleb with zero knowledge in this field, but from what I can tell this could be a working way to grab the latest post number, I just have no idea how to splice it into the script:
http://pastebin.com/kAZKZheR
>>
File: psubracket.png (22KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
psubracket.png
22KB, 960x540px
Is there something in existence for puchase of this sort, that goes onto the end of a non-modular power supply, accepts its cables, then presents ends for modular cables?
>>
>>57195199
That would be very nice
>>
>>57194899
TV/movies/browsing/reading. Casual shit, don't need much processing power. For a family member without good eyesight that has recognized 1366x768 TN for the eye cancer that it is. 17" would just be easier on their eyes.

>>57194910
Considering W10 on a second drive for gaymen, don't want it accessing my general use OS drive. Strongly considering a GNU/Linux variant for everything other than work. W7 is fine for that.
>>
How the fuck a update can install if i have automatic updates off, and windows update service disabled?
>>
My monitor is 1080p

If I set a wallpaper at a higher resolution size to be my BG would it look good?

Screen size is like 23"
>>
>>57194325
Yeah, provided the program can be forced to defrag an SD. Or copy all files off it, format it, and copy all files back. Writing new files sequentially after a fresh format and not modifying or deleting any files should result in zero fragmentation (better than any defrag program will give), with less writes and less time.

I'd also question exactly why you need to defrag a flash memory device. The only reason I can think of is if you're using something like RMprepUSB to put multiple ISOs on it. Many such setups require the ISOs to be contiguous -- in which case Degfraggler's feature to defrag specific files would be really helpful since you don't need to do the whole drive.
>>
>>57195248
welcome to windows 10
>>
what happens if i turn on my computer while the GPU isnt plugged in all the way? ive got a really large gpu that can barely fit, i cant tell if its actually slotted properly or not. will it blow up or ruin the graphics card?
>>
what processor is needed for a good NAS server in 2016?
>>
>>57195276
Windows 7 actually, last time i updated march 2014.

Just now i got a window about that windows must restart and im like what the fuck, and after researching event viewer apparently a update installed.
>>
>>57195280
you'll know because you wont get a display

no to the last question
>>
>>57195248
Because those are just flags in a file somewhere. The OS and its applications don't have to respect that flag.

>Service turned off
They could have turned it back on.

It is also could have been a cached update from before you turned stuff off.

Or they just choose to push an update which is a stated capability for windows 10.
>>
>>57195298
But i turned updates off back in 2014, and the update it installed is from 2015.
>KB2999226
>>
>>57195296

i know that i wont get a display or anything, but i need to be certain that it doesnt ruin the GPU because im poor and cant afford to ruin it and i also dont really want to buy a new case and mobo. i cant really tell if its plugged in properly though
>>
>>57195264
It would resize it to 1080p. It might look a little crisper than a 1080p native wallpaper, but only if the native one was JPEGged or resized poorly.

>>57195294
Then updates are not disabled. Or perhaps you ran something that pulled in a standalone update installer for one specific update it needed. Those install separate from normal automatic updates.
>>
>>57195333
The only i can think of is Malwarebytes updating.
>>
Is it possible to have 2 windows 7 installations at the same time?
>>
>>57195589
Why would you?
>>
>>57195648
Curiosity.
>>
>>57195664
Assuming grub or similar as your bootloader, which you could probably install from Ubuntu or gparted live CD if you don't already have Linux installed, then the two Windows systems would be independent of each other. So it should work.
>>
>>57195589
Yes
>>
>>57194261
Can anyone tell me why my attempt at a linked list doesn't work?

http://pastebin.com/DXmCeLmb
>>
File: Screenshot_58.jpg (361KB, 1919x753px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_58.jpg
361KB, 1919x753px
So Oneechan updated and now banners are loading in the center of the page instead of the sidebar. What do?
>>
>>57195333
I think most wallpapers downloaded from the internet will have been lossy compressed.
>>
>>57195733
You should perhaps name your new node in main newNode or tmpNode rather than head. You're accessing that temp node places where you should be accessing the real head node in your actual linked list.

Also there's no reason to use malloc for your temp node. Just do like
node tmpNode;
to allocate it on the stack.
>>
will my build run meinkraft on 10 fps?
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pZBfpb
>>
>>57195842
>wireless on a desktop

what's the point
>>
Can I seriously not take my windows hard drive and boot it on another machine?
>>
File: 1468694733374.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1468694733374.png
129KB, 314x278px
I'm torn between majoring in Computer Science and Data Science. Both are equally interesting to me and the future of DS looks really promising, but so does the future of CS.

Help me make a decision /g/.
>>
>>57195929
You likely can. However you'll have to install drivers if it does work. If one machine has its SATA set to IDE and the other to AHCI, you'll have to apply a registry fix to make it redetect that before you move it. And if it's legit Windows you will need to activate again. If it's legit OEM Windows, you won't be able to activate again without entering a new key -- or of course go the pirate route and install Daz Loader / kmspico.
>>
>>57195938
don't

I'm not even a CS major, but they make physics majors take CS1 at my university, and it's fucking torture.

I'd take calc 2 10 times over if it meant I didn't have to deal with this shit anymore.
>>
>>57195895
It's just used as a backup. Just incase I need to move my router and don't have long enough ethernet. I'm going to use ethernet but if it comes to a point i need to move my router for a couple days I would like to be able to use the internet. Plus it's only 30 dollars.
>>
>>57195970
>they make physics majors take CS1 at my university, and it's fucking torture
What the fuck do they have in CS1 that's torture to you? Calc 2 was harder than CS1.
>>
Here is the thing.

>Windows 7 is acting funny so i wanna reinstall
>I cant plug 2 HDDs at the same time but i have to backup everything i have

Its a 600GB HDD and i have more or less 180GB of important stuff to backup.

Can i create another partition, move all that to D: and reinstall windows on C:?
>>
If I'm backing up my pc to an external hdd, do I need to add Recovery (D:) to the list of items I want to backup? I have •EFI system partition, •windows system and •recovery environment selected by default from the system image but Recovery wasn't selected already. It's from a laptop running win8.1.
>>
>>57196080
calc 2 is piss easy compared to CS1
>>
Any good public tracker aggregators out there like torrentproject.se?
>>
>>57196154
Again, what the fuck did they have you do in CS1 that was harder than calc 2?

I remember my CS1 class shrank a few times through the semester as some students dropped it and changed to non CS majors. Everything was in C at my school. I recall some students dropping it when we got to array indexing, again at recursion, and again at pointers.

None of those are that difficult, though pointers can be a pain in the ass to debug sometimes. Arrays and pointers are only hard until you start looking at memory as a one dimensional block of storage with a byte or element at each address. Recursion is straight out of math, but with the added catches that you can make infinite recursion accidentally, and that you'll get a segfault if you recurse too deep.
>>
someone please help me i am running debian 8 and i have a simple 2-desktop speaker setup and sound is only outputting from the left speaker... i have pulseaudio installed... what do i do?
>>
Is there something wrong in using a HDD vertically?
>>
>>57194313
Are you/were you overclocking with the MSI app? What's the native resolution/refresh rate of the TV(it's not always the advertised rate).
>>
>>57196241
I think my university's version of CS1 might be your CS2.

We went over arrays and pointers briefly in the first week, and then recursion a few weeks later, besides that it's nothing but algorithms, complexity, data structures, and ridiculously long and complex assignments.
>>
>>57196276
1. Make sure your problem is software. Plug the speakers into a phone and see if sound plays out both sides, or plug headphones into the same speaker jack.
2. See if there's a balance control in your audio properties thing.
3. Check ALSA level volumes with alsamixer.
>>
>>57194817

2) Full disk/volume encryption

3) Small/portable amplifier or DAC
>>
File: confused looking girl.png (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
confused looking girl.png
15KB, 300x300px
I updated the nvidia drivers today to 375.57, and now, when I turn off my computer, and then turn it again, the boot will loop once.
It happened before with 372, so I used a restore point last time. But this time I want to find a solution to this problem, instead of using a restore point again.

Could it be because I never updated Windows?
>>
>>57196377
2) Thanks, I'll look into it. I wasn't sure this was going to be a proper option, but your answer suggests it's possibly handled by the drive itself which sounds good to me.
3) I should clarify, will a suitable amp require its own battery?
>>
>>57195152
I think txtpostnumber changed to postnum
>>
>>57194817
2) Depends on the OSes you want to dual boot. If the one you want to hide the other from (or both) are Windows, and you're booting in BIOS mode and not UEFI, try using GRUB2 and look into its gptsync command.

I've done this to put more than 4 Windows installs on an old BIOS booting machine for testing purposes. You partition your disk from Linux, with GPT, using either parted, gparted, or gdisk. Then you install GRUB. You can even use a FAT partition as /boot, for GRUB's files, dunno about NTFS.

You use gptsync to control which partitions are visible in the protective MBR, and write your grub.cfg to set up the partitions for each OS when it boots. If one is Linux, simply omit the gptsync command and don't mount the other OS drives if you don't want to; Linux understands GPT even when booted from BIOS.
>>
Have a small server with a few loonix clients hooked up through LDAP, everything is working great.

How can I send a shell command to all the clients at once? More specifically, I want to install a program in every client using apt.

I've tried mpich2 but it can't distribute super-user commands to the clients.
>>
>>57195199
ATX/MOLEX//ETC Extension cables mounted to a housing basically.

Seems kind of pointless, you'd still have to bundle up/cram the exiting cables somewhere. Unless you clip/shorten them before the extension connectors.
>>
>>57196276
Are you using a stereo cable or a mono one?
A stereo headphone jack will have three pins on it.
>>
>>57196449
3) Some of them will run off USB power. If your phone supports USB OTG it should be able to supply power out of the USB port.
>>
>>57196646
But can a Note 4 give enough for something that would get a decent volume? I recall something about the micro USB only being 2.0.

It probably wouldn't have even occurred to me to ask if the unrelated searches had led to me discovering it was 3/3.1 or some other thing.
>>
>>57196530
Write a small script that SSH's into all the clients and executes the shell command.
>>
I've used windows 7 since I can remember

I have the opportunity to upgrade for free thanks to a friend

Is it worth it? I know nothing about any later versions of windows, pretty much all I would be doing is browsing the internet and gaming
>>
File: 200_d.gif (213KB, 353x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_d.gif
213KB, 353x200px
>>
File: Windows Search Fails.gif (289KB, 927x583px) Image search: [Google]
Windows Search Fails.gif
289KB, 927x583px
I am trying to search for files that I know are in a subfolder of a directory and it kept failing. So I recorded myself doing a test, pic related, of trying to search and it still failing.

What am I doing wrong? I need to find these files.
>>
Should I include humour in my programming assignment? My code is correct and functions but I don't know if they will take it extremely seriously or not.
>>
Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious, but I'm trying to add run-assoc.el as my first plugin to emacs.

I have read the wiki, and done the following:

>Added 'run-assoc.el' to my '~/emacs.d/elisp/' folder

And my init.el is as follows:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/elisp/")

(require 'run-assoc)
(setq associated-program-alist
'(("mpv" "\\.mp3$")
("mpv" "\\.flac$")
("mpv" "\\.ogg$")
("mpv" "\\.avi$")
("mpv" "\\.mp4$")
("mpv" "\\.wmv$")
("mpv" "\\.wkv$")
("mpv" "\\.mov$")
("mpv" "\\.flv$")
("mpv" "\\.webm$")
("feh -F -Z" "\\.jpg$")
("feh -F -Z" "\\.png$")
("feh -F -Z" "\\.jpeg$")
((lambda (file)
(browse-url (concat "file:///" (expand-file-name file)))) "\\.html?$")))

If I understand correctly, this should mean that when I press C-ret on files in dired, they should open with the program associated in the init.el

But when I do this, the files still open as lines of characters, rather than with mpv or feh as I've defined.

please can someone explain where I've gone wrong? Does the associated program list have to go within run-assoc instead of init.el? and if so, where in the code?

Thank you,
>>
Mt pc won't shut down unless I pull the plug. When I click to shutdown it restarts. I've ried reseting bios, formatting, configing the shut down button to shutdown, but nothing works. I want to fix it so I can schedule it to shut down on its won when I'm away.
>>
>>57196942
Check the wake up options in the BIOS. Find out which device is triggering the wake up(LAN/USB/ETC).
>>
Does anybody know a good technology-related documentary?
Just got comfy in my bed and need some semi interesting video to help me sleep
>>
>>57197001
If you value the content enough to find it interesting how is it meant to help you sleep?

Unless the aim is to be given the intrigue that'd motivate you to sleep for the purposes of regaining the wherewithal to actually focus on it, or you want something that you'd pause to think about and then fall asleep while thinking about it, your request seems contradictory.

This is semi entertaining: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_T2rM1mX9I

I don't see how someone is really meant to remember something not worth paying attention to, but I would always recommend this video to anyone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-B_ONJIEcE
>>
>>57197063
>If you value the content enough to find it interesting how is it meant to help you sleep?
Ideally the content is interesting enough to keep my thoughts away from other shit like the fuckton of work I have to do for my compsci classes this semester but not as complex that I'd need to concentrate in order to understand it.
Just some comfy brain activity

Second video looks interesting tho thanks
>>
i have a antec true power trio 650w and a r9 390

supposedly its enough to power the 390, but i dont have the proper pci-e connectors (its a 6 and an 8 pin, i only have 2 6 pins)

can i buy a molex to pci cable to substitute this? is it gonna melt my computer

alternatively whats the cheapest psu i can get to power it

plz help fellas
>>
File: 543675.png (16KB, 321x371px) Image search: [Google]
543675.png
16KB, 321x371px
My computer turns itself off while rendering.

I'm guessing it's overheating. Is their a log I can pull up that'd confirm?

It's a brand new computer but maybe I did a bad thermal paste job? Temps look ok otherwise, right?
>>
I am going to start getting into collecting physical media, not that big, but there are a few films and shows I enjoyed enough that I actually want to have a copy

do blurays show black bars if they are in widescreen format? I haven't bought a movie in a long time, and I never bought a bluray player until recently, only to use with netflix.
>>
In windows I can create a shortcut to my browser that automatically opens a bunch of tabs by changing the location of the shortcut to

"C:\firefox.exe" "4chan.org/g"

for example to open a /g/ tab. How do I do this in linux mint?
>>
>>57197408
Isn't blu ray's capacity used to account for bit rate rather than aspect ratio?

You get black bars if it's wider than your display. Tell us about your display.
>>
>>57197431
am poorfag college student, so I'll be using my 1080p ips monitor with a bluray connected to it until I can buy a TV some months away

I don't watch TV
>>
Do you have any websites you love a lot? I'm trying to discover new, useful sites for general stuff.
>>
>>57197465
What resolution is it?

>>57197165
Your PSU manufacturer should list the power available to each connector in a simple table, either on the product page or in a manual.

IIRC 6 pin is 75w, 8 pin is 150w so what you're going to want to compensate for is another 75w. Hope that helps.
>>
If I have a PSU with two 12V rails and only have a single GPU, should I use both rails or only use the PCIE connectors from a single rail?

My PSU is the Antec NeoEco II 650W.
>>
>>57197383
Look at temps while doing a stress test

Its rare that it would straight up shut off, normally it will just throttle itself.
>>
>>57197592
W=VxA, the + 12v1 is 48a max, -12v is .8A max, I would imagine your single GPU is intended to be powered by that rail

multiple rails are kind of a meme anyway
>>
How badly is full drive encryption going to hit IOPS?
>>
Python or Ruby? I can't choose baka desu senpai
>>
File: conditionaloperator.jpg (82KB, 1355x270px) Image search: [Google]
conditionaloperator.jpg
82KB, 1355x270px
>inb4 myprogramminglab is shit
I have to use it for my college course. I'm on campus for class.

Anyway, what other way would I solve this problem using only conditional operators? This works, but it looks ugly and it's tedious to debug. Is there a more efficient way to do this in general?
>>
>>57194261
I'd like to find a book detailing all hand ciphers, if that doesn't exist posting all the hand ciphers you know would also be helpful
>>
Please help I am getting so fucking stressed out.
I have a plug and play for my xbox controller and I have an xbox controller. why the fuck isn't this shit working when I plug it into my PC, it isn't detecting or anything. Like, the charger works, but I can't use my xbox one controller on my pc. It used to always work, but now it isn't. Please help I am ripping my hair out. I just want to play a fucking game with my controller.
>>
File: 1417569670360.gif (2MB, 480x370px) Image search: [Google]
1417569670360.gif
2MB, 480x370px
How's the Windows 10 piracy scene going? Could I get a proper Win10 installation with all the updates? Or have they completely debunked it?

I'm just looking to refurbish a shitty HP computer so I can sell it on Craigslist.
>>
>hated by a large portion of people through no real fault of my own
>go on killing spree in mtfg
>hear clicking and then a booing sound at very interesting intervals through no specific process

how fucked am I
>>
My galaxy s7 (not the explosive Note kind) doesn't recognize some special characters
As someone who often uses the greek alphabet, it is inconvenient that i can't see the letter "χ" for example
it won't show up on apps, webpages on any browser, wikipages, or even my damn keyboard
in all cases it appears as a regular english "x"
that may come off as pretentious, but it makes all the difference to me

Oddly enough, my s4 has no problem recognizing those symbols in every instance
so is it something they removed from the system?
or is there something I can do for the phone to recognize it again?
>>
File: :-D.png (139KB, 959x442px) Image search: [Google]
:-D.png
139KB, 959x442px
is my hdd dying?
>>
It's been 2 years since I built my PC with a pirated windows 7. I bought a new HDD incase my first one dies but I don't know how to prep the new one please help.
>>
Can I charge my tablet through its microSD port?
>>
Is it true that if you use a cable splitter one of the fans will always run at full RPM?
>>
>>57194261
Need some simple networking help.

I'm thinking of finally backing up all the files from my old laptop to my desktop.

I'm using the old shitty laptop as a bridge to my desktop, since I don't have a wireless card for my desktop, (yeah, I know.)

Is there any way to use the network faculties in place already to pull the files, because I can't see the laptop in the network browser?
>>
>>57198301
Yes
>>
>>57198304
Both fans will run at the same speed, assuming they're the same type of fan. The tachometer signal will only work from one fan.
>>
>>57198330
Whoa really???? This is excellent news!!!! My Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 has been extremely finicky with charging for the past few weeks- it happened overnight. And the replacement DIY video i saw was brutal and involved soldering.

Thanks for the reply. I tried googling it but couldn't find anyone straight asking the question. I hope I'm not being trolled, though...
>>
>>57198356
Sure thing m8
>>
>>57198362
Sorry for the pessimistic "I hope I'm not being trolled, though" at the end. I'm really happy, now. I'm gonna look into options.
>>
Is there a way to force FF (or palemoon) not show icons or coloured boxes in the location bar like googles blue box here?
>>
File: 1476063510733s.jpg (161KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1476063510733s.jpg
161KB, 1890x1417px
How do I link (and display contents of) a JSON file to a html file?
>>
I connected my 4K monitor alongside my 1080p monitor, my 1080p's font rendering looks a lot sluggish is there a way I could make it less shitty compared to my 4K monitor?
>>
>>57198671
I'm not sure what sluggish means in this context
>>
Whenever I try to install any Nvidia driver for my GTX 1070 on Linux Mint with Cinnamon, it can't open the file using "the Western (ISO08859-15) character encoding. I don't know what this means. Whenever I try to change the "character encoding" to the only other option, (Current Locale UTF-8) it doesn't work either. No download I have seen has worked to fix this. Please help.
>>
>>57198671
if by sluggish you mean shitty, no not really. you can tweak some shit but if you're looking at 2 monitors, one with double the pixel density of the other, you're going to notice the difference pretty much 99% of the time.
>>
Im thinking about upgrading my graphics card and have a question.
I currently have 3 monitors + 1 tv connected, if placebo or not I get the feeling that i drop fps the more screens active (seems reasonable too me). So I usually play with only the main screen on.

If I buy a new gfx card, can I still leave the old one in and run the secondary monitors off it and only have the main one on the new? Or do I need to like SLI to of the same cards?
>>
>Have Cisco 7911 IP phone.
>Have Google voice.

How can I use the IP phone with Google voice? SIP server or some other shenanigans?
>>
>>57198301
Will anyone please help me find a microSD male to USB adapter?

Anon told me it's possible to charge my tablet through this port but I'm finding literally no resources on this ever. I'm about to go to bed, but thanks for any replies. Pic related is the port I'm trying to charge my tablet through.
>>
torrent search engine that isnt down?

ty. i need to download some games
>>
File: 1437281583875.jpg (45KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1437281583875.jpg
45KB, 500x484px
Alright so suddenly and randomly I've been getting hard power off crashes, but I haven't changed anything in the build or downloaded anything suspicious to my knowledge.

Basically I'll just occasionally (more often while playing games?) have my computer hard reset instantly.

I'm running an i5-3570K, a R9390, 8 gigs of ram and I have no fucking idea why this has started all of a sudden. Any help would really be appreciated.
>>
>>57198376
>Charge
>MicroSD

That's not a thing.
>>
>>57199066
It's not possible.
>>
>>57199130
Also to add I'm up to date on drivers, and none of my temps are high before a crash from what I can tell
>>
>>57194591
Not that guy but is it rubberized? I don't like the feel as the rubber deteriorates
>>
>>57199130
PSU is dying
>>
Reopening a previously massive MC server, should i get a dedi with fewer fast cores or many slower cores? Would i be better off with an ovh 4790k dedi or better off with ecc and 12 cores for an equal price?
>>
File: total-commander-17.jpg (103KB, 700x532px) Image search: [Google]
total-commander-17.jpg
103KB, 700x532px
Any good commander-like software?
Any good article comparing this kind of file browser programs ?
>>
>>57199316
fuuuuuck.

Is there any way to test for certain if it's the PSU? Do you know of anything else that could cause this sort of immediate crash?
>>
>>57199459
Take the AMD card out and try playing shit with the iGPU.
>>
I installed windows fundamentals for legacy pcs. But can't install bsplayer and adobe pdf reader. WHY and how do I fix it?
>>
>>57199408
i use cubic explorer for good years
>>
>>57199516
sounds good
i think ill get either that or muCommander
or maybe just totalcommander... dont know if its been outpaced by the free alternatives but im used to it
>>
I can't find my flash drive. I want to install Ubuntu on this laptop. I have an external hard drive. Can I use my external hard drive to boot an ubuntu iso and install Ubuntu? My great concern is that I have to lose my files that's on the hard drive just for a 1GB iso.... is that wrong? How should I do this? I really want to do this. Being stuck with Windows 10 sucks.
>>
>>57199740
Resize your main "partition" to allow room for another. You can divide things up that way, and allocate partitions to other OSs or purposes.

Rufus may be of use to you.
>>
File: win7.jpg (35KB, 1276x77px) Image search: [Google]
win7.jpg
35KB, 1276x77px
I haven't updated in months what the fuck are these monthly previews quality rollups and reliability rollups?

Is this a dirty jew trick to sneak in auto updates and telemetry or are they safe to install?
>>
>>57197383
You could have a shitty PSU.
>>
File: How_To_Automate_This.png (176KB, 1108x618px) Image search: [Google]
How_To_Automate_This.png
176KB, 1108x618px
???
>>
i have rooted android and deleted every google app, even some system files that had name google in it, ia there a way to completely remove any google influence from my phone without using custom ROM?
>>
>>57199918
adblockers have features that let you block specific elements on pages
>>
WHERE IS TORRENTZ2.EU ?!?!?!

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57199926
>android
>remove google
???

>>57197383
Sounds like you're running out of watts and PSU shuts power down as a safety measure. Check what kind of temps you're getting, if those are below 80 then it is probably psu.
>>
>>57194261
Why was my ROGERS LTE ip range banned?
>>
I'm using Firefox and just recently I experienced a change where if I click the back or forward button, it works but it always ends up with an additional drop down list after loading which kinda fucks up my ability to scroll up or down. I am unsure of what to search for such a specific problem, tried using some key words like back forward button drop down yada yada but I failed.

I'm not even sure if this is something that changed due to FF updating secretly or me pressing a button somewhere that toggled this ridiculous mode. Can anyone help out? It started around 1-2 days ago max.
>>
Is there any way I can configure CMUS to add my music to the library but sort by folder/directory structure instead of artist tags?
>>
>>57196978
Wouldn't that have been fixed by reseting the bios? Cause when I just bought the pc, this thing didnd't happen.
>>
File: 1436760722726.jpg (45KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1436760722726.jpg
45KB, 600x500px
Something, probably windows, seems to be filling up my SSD rapidly lately. windirstat showed windows taking up more than 80gb of my 120 gb SSD.

Running disk cleanup on it, I see it free up space on my disk space window on rainmeter, and then i see something rapidly eating up the space before disk cleanup even finishes. Any guesses on whats eating up the space or how to see what is?

As I run disk cleanup,
>>
>>57200456
Start -> type resmon -> press enter -> switch to disk tab. Should give you information about which programs are reading or writing on disk.
>>
>>57200456
>>57200491
Also it's probably writing stuff like cache in %temp%, you can try comparing the folder size before and after to verify. If you have a 2nd hard drive you can try redirecting temp to your mechanical drive.
>>
>>57200351
This also happens to me (Even on Palemoon but not in Opera/Chromium)

I don't know what the fug it can be. I'm in Windows 8.1, so maybe it's related to that
>>
File: manmoon.jpg (2MB, 3264x2447px) Image search: [Google]
manmoon.jpg
2MB, 3264x2447px
Dear /g/, why shouldn't I use apt-get, and what should I use instead?
I'll ignore replies that don't provide any sensible arguments.
>>
any good smartphone around 200€ ?
>>
>>57200534
The new Moto G is around that pricepoint I think. Might be somewhat hard to find in normal stores however.
>>
>>57199918
how about with no adblockers
>>
>>57200645
It should work, but it might not deliver enough power for high-end speakers to function properly.

>>57200663
You need some kind of addon for it. Try stylish or greasemonkey depending on if you want to tackle it with css or js.
>>
File: 55899.jpg (17KB, 400x367px) Image search: [Google]
55899.jpg
17KB, 400x367px
My uncle gave me some speakers & a JVC amp. What do I need to connect it to my computer ? is pic related enough ?
>>
>>57200684
What should I do in case i wanted the 5.1 experience with proper speakers?

And is it any different setting it up for PC or TV
>>
>>57194261
Guy is selling system

Intel i7 4790k
Corsair Vengeance Pro - 32GB DDR3 - 2666Mhz
MSI - Gaymen 7 z97
Plextor M6e PCIE - 512GB
OCZ Vertex 4 - 256GB
EVGA - 980ti
Corsair - AX 850w

is 1000USD a good price?
>>
>>57200728
Snag a photo of the back of that JVC amp. Or see for yourself if there is an input in there.
>>
>>57200645
>z906
if the new speakers match the ohm rating of the logitech ones, they should be fine. 4ohm speakers won't get enough power from the amp
>>
>>57200751
Definitely.
>>
>>57200747
Get a seperate reciever/amplifier and transfer audio to it digitally.

>And is it any different setting it up for PC or TV
Nope. If you use both then you can plug them into seperate ports on your reciever.

>>57200728
Might be but it's not the ideal choice.
>>
>>57194353
I have a Ducky keyboard and it's great
>>
>>57194261
Alright, how do I save an image from ChatSecure?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (250KB, 1400x679px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
250KB, 1400x679px
>>57200728
>>57200762

>>57200798
>Might be but it's not the ideal choice.
what would be the ideal choice ?
>>
>>57200869
Oh, yours has no digital inputs. In that case stereo 3,5mm to RCA is the best you can have.
>>
>>57200890
^this
>>
My CPU usage goes randomly to a solid 100% causing games to stutter immensely.

How do I fix this?
>>
Is there an adapter to unify two sata2 ports into one sata3 port? I'd like to use a sata3 ssd in an old pc at full bandwidth.
>>
>>57201072
install gentoo
>>
This shit is really confusing, i guess I'm really stupid.
>>
On the netcat man page, it says that it's an error to use -l in conjunction with -p, -s, or -z.
What does it mean by this? Every single time I've used netcat I've done
 nc -l -p $port 
. Am I misinformed?
>>
>>57201081
The main benefit of SSD is access latency, not raw speed. You'll get a nice boost in snappiness even at sata2, you'll only see the difference in large read or write operations.
>>
>>57201204
With -p you're specifying a port to connect to and with -l you're declaring that you want netcat to wait for connections. So you're declaring a port that you'll never use for anything.

If you want to specify a port on your computer that others connect to then remove -p from that command.
>>
I'm 25 and decided I want to study an IT degree, I would finish it at 28-29 yo, am I going to be too old to even find a job?
>>
>>57201274
Nah. Getting the first job is challenging for anyone but after that only experience matters.
>>
>have a 4.5GB zip file
>doesn't open

How do I unzip this thing?
I think my HDD is NTFS.
>>
Since I've upgraded to Skylake I now have a well functioning X58 motherboard I'm not using. I know they've retained a measure of value since people like to put Xeon processors in them so I'm thinking about selling it. I also have 12GB of DDR3 RAM and an i7-950 I'd like to sell too.

I've never sold computer components before, where's the best place to sell stuff like this? I'm in Canada btw.
>>
File: 1464067114351.png (415KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1464067114351.png
415KB, 560x560px
I have Ubuntu installed on my main hard drive. But I can't do without muh games so I just bought a new 1TB to install Windows on. Can anyone spoonfeed me how to dual boot? People are saying it's better to install Windows first but I don't wanna do that
>>
>>57201072
Can anyone shed any light on this?
>>
>>57201483
update your winrar/7zip to the latest version.
>>
>>57200798
What do i need to connect the Pc to the receiver?
>>
>>57201588
Look at what process it causing it.
>>
>>57201527
unplug ubuntu drive, install windows on 2nd drive. plug ubuntu back in. set bios/efi to boot to the ubuntu drive, then configure grub to display the windows installation
>>
File: ThanksGaben.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ThanksGaben.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
I'm thinking of buying a 5.1 surround system, is it a meme?

any advices?

I do have nice 2.0 monitors because I like to make music. But this is for gaming, movies and shit.

Thanks
>>
>>57201638
5.1 helps a lot in competetive multiplayer, you can hear people creeping up on you. you'll get raged at and called a soundwhore which is fun
>>
>>57201623
When it spikes to 100% all processes increase %. The most CPU intense process atm is my web browser at 15% of a 95% cpu load that's stuttering my PC. Very strange behaviour.
>>
>>57200514
I'm on Windows 7, so it'd have affected at least two platforms. Curious when did you start having this issue? Around the same time I did? Or much longer?
>>
>>57201622
Digial audio output (S/PDIF). Either an optical toslink connector or RCA with digital audio support. If your motherboard doesn't support these then you can buy an USB soundcard for that.

You can also plug it by using 3,5 mm analog connectors on your motherboard but then you'd have to use your motherboard's DAC which might not be that good.
>>
>>57201614
I did. I just got it last night and tried the zip. Didn't work.
Also windows couldn't open it.
I am pretty sure the file is legit too (Demonoid).
>>
>>57196399
I'm back. I still haven't solved my problem, but after running dumpchk on the minidump created, I found the code 0xc0000005, which, according to dumpchk, was probably caused by nvlddmkm.sys.

Some google results suggests to rollback the driver or even replacing my RAM.
>>
>>57201669
Make sure you hit show processes from all users
I'm gonna guess its going to be svchost for windows update
>>
>>57201622
also if your pc has digital audio out and realtek onboard sound, you can unlock the drivers for dolby digital live/dts interactive.
theres a hueg thread on techpowerup explaining how
>>
I'm a sysadmin who just got a new jobby. My experience is all enterprise, but the office is only 100-200 users. Any tips/tools for treating a medium sized office like a full fledged enterprise domain? I'll be slowly building it out, but at this point there isn't even an MS Server setup anywhere for administration.
>>
>>57201723
sure it isnt a different file type thats been renamed? i've had a few MKV files disguised as .iso lately to beat the anti piracy brigade. look at the file header in a hex editor
>>
is there a tool that converts a 1080p movie to a 720p/480p file with good quality & size <4gb? for use with otgs (fat32) with a smartphone
>>
>>57201759
WMI Provider Host is #1 followed by Battle.net Helper.

Don't think it's Windows' bloat that's causing the usage. The usage spikes for no reason. Games run at Ultra 60+ fps only to come crashing down to 10 fps for a few minutes.

Initially this phenomenon occurred when my CPU went from 3.6ghz down to 2.66Ghz for no reason causing stutter in games but since I've turned off QuietnCool, C6, C1E and Thermal Control which if anything have made the problem worse but at least I'm retaining a solid 3.9Ghz.

In games, Overwatch for example will be at 40% usage then it suddenly for no reason goes up to 60% usage which accompanied by small background programs like HWMonitor makes the CPU an unfaltering 100% utilization.
>>
what's the difference between a $5/mo and a $10/mo vpn
>>
File: 20161023_074130.jpg (63KB, 275x355px) Image search: [Google]
20161023_074130.jpg
63KB, 275x355px
>>57198183
B-bump
>>
>>57201932
Check your temps, cpu might be throttling due to high heat for whatever reason. Unlikely, but possible
>>
>>57201943
$5
>>
>>57201960
50C which I think is alright for AMD. In games it bumps up to about 60C.
>>
>>57201792
Maybe I should find another way or source (or throw $200 and buy the loops and samples god forbid).
Seems that it is a zip.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Bitwig+Factory+dada&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB715GB715&oq=Bitwig+Factory+dada&aqs=chrome..69i57.4255j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
File: 1475847194228.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475847194228.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
Anyone got any good tutorials on JSP/Java Servlets?
>>
File: 1370913096576.gif (486KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
1370913096576.gif
486KB, 475x347px
So twice now I have swapped out the cmos battery in my motherboard because the clock kept changing to random incorrect times. Doing this has kept the correct time for a few weeks, but again now the time has started to randomly become incorrect.

How can I fix this obnoxious problem? The time is correct in bios but for some reason I'm forced to click "set time automatically" a few times every few hours.
>>
>>57201915
handbrake
>>
>>57202028
Is it a completely random time? If it always changes by one hour then you might've set a timezone where DST has ended already.
>>
whilst backing up my C drive, and it safe to do stuff? or do i just wait it out

its been going a while and im kinda bored
>>
What's a good way to discharge static electricity if your house sockets don't have equipment ground?

I'm afraid of pulling a trigger for a build because of this.
>>
>>57202157
I meant that when exactly the time changes seems to be random, although it typically always changes to an incorrect time when I boot. The timezone is correct.
>>
>>57202170
Just be patient. Browse internet with your phone or go outside for a moment.

>>57202182
Faucets are usually pretty well grounded, so you could touch one at regular intervals to discharge.
>>
>>57202279
Faucets and water pipes are PVC, so that's a no go.
>>
yo I just realised that the volume on my windows machine sounds WAY THE FUCK LOWER than when using ubuntu. volume set to 100% on windows sounds like volume set to 60-70% on ubuntu. any idea why this could be happening?
>>
>firefox is complete assgarbage
>add adnauseam fork of ublock origin instead of ublock
>disable ublock
>suddenly everything is fast and nice
what gives
>>
Is there a way to use DM-LUKS on a USB on linux but be able to decrypt the drive on a windows machine?
>>
Got a 6700k two days ago, oc'd to 4.6ghz but it requires 1.395v to be stable. Because of this in heavy rendering/all thread use temps can hit 70-76c (and every now and then can jump to 80c). Is it too hot for skylake? I have a nh-ds15s cooler with it.
>>
File: file.png (42KB, 668x343px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
42KB, 668x343px
youtube-dl is giving me this error, googling shows nobody else having this problem. I have updated to the latest version. Any ideas?
>>
>>57202343
ok boys, apologies, I remember now that I used to equalize my 5$ chink shit headphones that had overly loud bass, reinstalled equalizerAPO and reset all the settings, everything back to normal
>>
>>57199137
>>57199172
:(

thanks for the reply, and feedback. Cheers.
>>
I have a WRT54G from like 2005

Would getting a new router give me a larger wifi area?
>>
I've tried googling it but I can't really find something that works.

I installed Windows 7 on a PC and then installed all of the drivers, but I can't get it on the internet through my wireless network. It does connect to the network, but it doesn't get internet access for some reason. All other devices works fine with the wireless network. I also tried setting up a mobile hotspot through my phone and when connecting to that it got internet access just fine.

So it seems that both the wireless card in the computer and the wireless router is working just fine, they just won't work together for some reason.
>>
>>57202586
N routers have a little bit more distance than G routers.
>>
I have a smartphone, iPod touch, MiPad 2 and a laptop. I like each and every device but charging them everyday is becoming annoying. With different cables for each device.

So, How do you organise multiple devices?
>>
>>57199377
Anyone? Does MC even use multiple threads on the serverside? Is there a way to force it to if not?
>>
File: 1327038965672.jpg (34KB, 382x500px) Image search: [Google]
1327038965672.jpg
34KB, 382x500px
What hard drive brand is in the lead right now?
Last time I got mine, Seagate and WD were like neck and neck.
Is it still the same?
>>
File: swt.jpg (60KB, 343x317px) Image search: [Google]
swt.jpg
60KB, 343x317px
As someone learning python, what's something useful I could make?
>>
File: 1376239072335.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1376239072335.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
I've got 2 stupid questions.

1. I'm looking for a replacement for my GTX660 but I'm on a tight budget. Is there any card out there currently that wouldn't cost me one of my kidneys but still would be a nice upgrade?

2. I found a nice 41 inch LED television but it's brand is unknown to me. (It's DYON)
Is it safe to buy it or would I end up regretting it because it'd start exploding or suffer from bad screen quality?
>>
>>57202674
It's still the same for consumer mechanical drives. WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda are the two most common drives for normal PC use.
>>
>>57202717
a calculator :^)
>>
where should i torrent anime?
>>
What was that Windows phone you could hook up to a monitor and use it like a desktop pc?
>>
>>57202732
Too easy. I already made an imageboard scraper and an irc bot in python and perl. Apparently python's regex engine is shit
>>
File: 1471477048757.png (549KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471477048757.png
549KB, 1920x1080px
>>57202717
>>
>>57202674
Yup, in some way. Seagate is more faulty even for OEMs. Got four DELL drives, like, two months ago (Constellation ES), one is clicking, another one have a bad SMART already. I'd say HGST is the way to go if you have money.
>>
Is there any way to turn off ALL URL suggestions on Google Chrome mobile?
>>
I can no longer charge my tablet enough to turn it on.

If I log into the Play Store on a new tablet and download my games, will I have my saves from my aforementioned previous (also android w/ Play Store) tablet?
>>
File: CPU.png (36KB, 729x395px) Image search: [Google]
CPU.png
36KB, 729x395px
>>57197611
>>57199867
>>57200220
How's this look? It's the stress test running for about 30 minutes. I'm gonna let it run awhile longer cause I render video before bed, and I know it doesn't shut itself off for awhile in. It renders and performs super well otherwise.

Shouldn't the "multi CPU thread" be on the same level as the reference? Why's it half? How do the temps look? Thanks

specs,
-Corsair 200r Case
-W10 64-bit OS
-i7-6700k Skylake CPU
-Asus 1070 GPU
-16GB G.Skill Trident RAM
-Asus Z170 MOBO
-Corsair CX750W PSU
>>
>>57202948
Also the cpus are jumping from 80% to high 90%. Should it not stay in the 90%?

I built this pc, applied the thermal paste pretty decently I think, but I'm ignorant about PCs in a lot of ways (hence why I'm in the stupid thread).
>>
File: spock-illogical.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
spock-illogical.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>57202866
I've never heard of HGST; it says they're a WD company, so just a smaller branch of WD?

The HGST 1TB 2.5" drives I'm looking at are cheaper than the WD one by 20 bucks even though the specs are identical...
>>
Can I use Nvidia Shadowplay on my AMD RX 480? I don't like plays.tv
>>
>>57203053
If you look in the Geforce menu under shadowplay, it'll tell you whether it can support Shadowplay or not.
>>
File: 1474808838553.png (55KB, 367x360px) Image search: [Google]
1474808838553.png
55KB, 367x360px
>>57203100
>>57203053

I'm retarded, glazed over that you said AMD.
That probably won't work.
>>
>>57203116
Darn. Do you know of any alternatives that can passively record gameplay? I really liked how with playstv I could record my last 30 seconds with the press of a button. Is there anything else out there that will work on an AMD card?
>>
I have a crappy tablet with a broken charging port that I'm not going to fix. What should I do with it other than throw it in the trash?
>>
is there a "best" vpn
>>
>>57203175
Switching to Nvidia partly because of how shitty Playstv is. Shadowplay is so much better, but OBS is great too. It's free. Fraps is great for lossless but it's not supported anymore and lossless means it's file sizes are massive.
>>
>>57203186
wireless charging?
>>
File: 1313648968475.jpg (42KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
1313648968475.jpg
42KB, 667x500px
I just put in a secondary new 2TB HDD 300GB of stuff.
File transfers and program instalations.

Should I defrag it since I moved to it lots of things?
>>
>>57203186
Glue it to the street, hide and watch niggers try to steal it.
>>
>>57203207
My next card will probably be Nvidia. RX 480 is great and cheap, works more than well for what I need. But lately I've been having some fan issues with it. Might be a program fault though. Hopefully it is, I don't want to RMA it.

Thank you for the info!
>>
File: 1299563599882.png (417KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1299563599882.png
417KB, 848x480px
My hands are getting cold and numb from my forearms and bellow from the chair .

Why can't I sit on the PC for long hours anymore?
Do I need to raise myself with a chair pillow? (Desk in new and feels slightly tall).
>>
>>57203262
I do'nt know a ton about PCs desu, I'm here to ask questions mostly, but I've spent years dealing with fucking recording programs.

OBS is the one I liked the most. It looks complicated at first, but once you configure it, you don't really have to mess with it. It's free, great codecs=small filesizes but good quality, great for streaming. Spend an hour to learn how to use it and you're good to go. I don't think you can press a hotkey to save the last five minutes with it though.
>>
I want to host stuff at home. What's the best way to link a domain name to my server ?
>>
Will anyone please redpill me on Android simulators for Windows? Every mention of "Bluestacks" on the archive claims botnet/ malware without any elaborating.

Sorry if "redpill" implies bad. I never meant bad. I just want insight. I want an Android simulator that won't learn of my Play Store password, nor give me malware otherwise.
>>
>>57203463
responding to myself but "Android emulator" is probably the hot term for this, sorry.
>>
>>57203463
i used bluestacks to buy things with the revolut app (i have a dino-phone, symbian4lyfe, etc)

my bank balance remains unmolested
>>
>>57203611
Bro, thanks for the reply. I'm scared of what people speaking poorly of Bluestacks could mean, though. I hope Google emails me if ever my account is logged-into from an alien IP, or something. Might go with Bluestacks after your rec, but I'm still paranoid.
>>
How long until apps no longer update for Android Marshmallow? My Nexus 7 2013 doesn't have any further support.
>>
File: 1476487299386.jpg (279KB, 1240x1516px) Image search: [Google]
1476487299386.jpg
279KB, 1240x1516px
How do you pass information to and from a java file to a .jsp file?
>>
Where do I learn how 2 rice firefox properly?
>>
File: 1380778791671.jpg (222KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1380778791671.jpg
222KB, 1920x1080px
>>57202727
pls respond
>>
The AVG antivirus has a total delete feature, for files you want to see off your computer forever, no matter if clean or infected; is there an alternative to this program? I already have an antivirus but it doesn't have such feature.
>>
>>57203611
Hey, I'm pulling the trigger on Bluestacks. I read part of the wiki article on it, and it says:

>The software is free to download and use, later disabling itself and presenting users with the option to install sponsored apps or purchase a $2/month premium subscription.[4] This is not mentioned before downloading or during install.

Here's hoping it doesn't fuck me through this, knowing my password, or any other way. It seems like a really fuccboi option no matter how i look at it though. But if it works, it works. Not sure if it works though, for what I'd need it for, anyway.
>>
File: eggs.jpg (256KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
eggs.jpg
256KB, 1200x1200px
I'm doing a web design prototype for uni and I'm looking for a framework that doesn't make me want to kill myself. So far I've only used UXpin and Balsamiq and I'm dangerously close to offing myself. Any other tools that are OK to use as a noobie?
>>
>>57204053
pen und papier
>>
>>57204053
Are you an idiot or were you given idiotic assignment?
Draft it by pen > Prototype in PS > Implement in HTML/CSS
Alternatively: Draft it by pen > Implement in HTML/CSS
Alternatively: Draft it in HTML/CSS
>>
>>57204110
Yes on both
>>
File: why.png (44KB, 671x789px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
44KB, 671x789px
Why is f(4,4)=8 the maximum when f(16,1)=17 seems to meet the requirements?

In the Lagrangian I do get an implicit restriction/result that x=y, but why does it have to be like that and why is f(16,1) invalid?
>>
File: 1344009500202.jpg (160KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1344009500202.jpg
160KB, 550x550px
>>57202028
>>57202187
Please help
>>
File: 2016-10-23 11_51_55-!_mikudb.png (961B, 142x48px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-23 11_51_55-!_mikudb.png
961B, 142x48px
Never seen this problem before. Windows 10 won't let me paste Unicode into folder or filenames. If I download something with a Unicode character, that displays just fine, but I can't paste anything.
>>
>>57204224
Ask >>>/sci/. /g/ literally can't even do basic addition.
>>
If I have just the screen from a tablet, what would I need to make it function as a (small and shitty) additional monitor?
>>
My professor let me and my friend install GNU/Linux on school PCs.
He'll install Ubuntu on it (he just recently started using it, he still calls his OS Linux).
Normally I would choose Arch but internet speed is ~120KB, obviously not enough to install in 45 minutes.
Which one would you recommend?
Pacman is prefered, but not depending on internet that much is my no. 1 priority.
>>
When I google "my ip" the supposed IP of mine that is displayed is a horrible abomination with colons and letters like "as1d:asd6" instead of the usual "192.168.0.0"-like. What happened? No I will not post it, sorry.
>>
File: tumblr_mnqcutlMCF1qh7gb5o1_1280.jpg (355KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnqcutlMCF1qh7gb5o1_1280.jpg
355KB, 683x1024px
Didn't use VMware since version 9 I think, saw this fancy "Enhanced Keyboard Driver" in the installation, do you guys use it? Is it worth it?
>>
>>57204555
You would need to find a compatible LCD controller/driver board
>>
>>57204849
ipv6
>>
>>57204997
oh god what the fuck. We ran out of IPs? Thanks for the answer though. Cheers.

Ban message screenshots will never be the same. Though, that fad seems to've died, anyways.
>>
>>57204975
I tried googling the model number, literally 0 results
>>
Bought an Insignia Bluetooth adapter for my PC and after installing their software, the PC would bluescreen due to usb3mon.sys every time I plugged it in. Would I have better luck trying a slightly more expensive one on Amazon (my employee discount gets it for $4, Amazon has them for $8), or should I just try cleaning out / fixing my drivers?
>>
Just built a new computer. speedtest is saying I have 175 down, which is way more than I should. Downloads are starting rapid fast, but then just slow down and stop completely after a couple seconds. Is this a computer or an ISP problem?
>>
>>57205259
ISP for sure, some ISP offer a turbo boost for the first seconds of a download, that's why Speedtest will show an inaccurate speed.
>>
>>57204377
This is getting really confusing. Can anyone with a fresh Windows 10 install tell me what happens if you create a folder named 刑の字? Do you get 刑の字 or do you get question marks?
>>
>>57205284
Never heard of that. Then this turbo boost is what's fucking up all my downloads? I can get them to turn it off, right?
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 420x253px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 420x253px
>>57205288
Works for me, try installing the Japanese language pack or something
>>
>>57205303
Ah sorry I thought they slowed down to your normal speed, well, in that case is pretty easy to test with another device if it's an ISP or a device problem.
>>
>>57205308
I couldn't figure how I did that in win10 natively so I tried doing it manually. Tells me Japanese language pack is already installed. I've also got a bunch of fonts to display it, and I have a Japanese IME keyboard installed.

I'm going to try reinstalling it and rebooting.
>>
I bought an internal HDD as a back up for my current computer. Someone told me that copying and pasting my old HDD into my new one won't be enough to actually pick up where I left off if my old one dies. What do?
>>
>>57205321
It used to do this with my old computer as well, except it wouldn't stop the download, it would just knock me offline occasionally, with this one, it's just slowing the download to a halt.
>>
>>57205327
You would need to "clone" the hdd only if you have your operating system in it, if it's just data it's not needed.
>>
>>57205338
Are you connecting through Wifi? If that's the case try setting your wifi manually to the slowest rate.
>>
>>57205344
Can I use back up and restore on windows to make a clone?
>>
>>57205355
Nah, this is a wired connection.
>>
Broke the L connector thing on my SSD. What do?
>>
Why does Japan have such a huge presence in the world despite being so small?
>>
>>57205486
Japan is bigger than you think.
>>
File: just_woke_up_by_shaayn-d8cquux.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
just_woke_up_by_shaayn-d8cquux.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
Regarding optical drives...
Whenever I try to burn a CD/DVD I get an error, after few minutes from starting.
The CD/DVD is corrupted.
I had to use another optical drive to burn stuff.
My question is it possible for an optical drive to malfunction in a way that only the burner, stop working?
>>
>>57205486
Japan has the third largest economy in the world behind China and the US. Germany is fourth and isn't even very close. They're innovative as fuck when it comes to technologies and culturally Japan is also a powerhouse. There are also a ton of Japanese people domestically and internationally.
>>
>>57205654
Yes
Try burning at a lower speed
>>
File: 1465595207474.png (483KB, 529x470px) Image search: [Google]
1465595207474.png
483KB, 529x470px
>>57202948
>>57202968
halp
>>
>>57205677
I tried at the lowest speed of 8X.
Still the same, the drive still reads fine though.
Could it be the burner software?
I'm using Xfburn, in XFCE.
>>
There is no way to clone my HDD from any default windows programs. Anyone know of a software that's reliable?
>>
>>57198323
Anybody wanna help a nigga out?
>>
>>57194261
I'm trying to implement a linked list in C, but whenever I call malloc to create a new node, I receive a SIGABRT

struct node *newNode = malloc(sizeof(newNode));

Is this wrong?
>>
>>57205723
Clonezilla
>>
>>57198323
Explain in simple detailed way.
>>
File: JuriCoffee.png (191KB, 744x920px) Image search: [Google]
JuriCoffee.png
191KB, 744x920px
How are Zotac and PNY video cards? Are they pajeet tier or are they legitimate?
>>
Is there a simple internet site that acts like a proxy or something or do I have to set up TOR? I want to access a Japanese site that says "too long to respond" but if it's too much trouble I guess I won't bother
>>
>>57205890
Google's translator works reasonably well as a proxy.
>>
Putting my cpu case sideways would generate any problem? Sideways HD and that
>>
>>57205905
Yeah I tried that but it only loads the embedded Youtube video, the rest of the site is black.
>>
>>57205823
What do you mean? I thought it was pretty clear.

Computer A and Computer B are connected via a network bridge, so that computer B can use Computer A's wifi connection.

What I wanna do is take files from Computer A and back them up on Computer B, by using the network folder, so that I can access Computer A from computer B, like a network drive.

The problem is, I can't see Computer A from Computer B. I've looked, and apparently there's a difference between ICS, which is what I want to do, and a plain network bridge, which is what I'm currently doing.

I guess the question is: how do I turn this network bridge into a ICS connection?
>>
>>57205868
They're okay, warranty period will generally be shorter than asus/evga/msi/gigabyte
>>
What's the difference between TeX and LaTeX? What do I have to install to be able to make documents in this shit?
>>
>>57205923
Nope.
>>
Is it OK to clonezilla all of an HDDs contents onto a 1 TB SSD?
>>
>>57205811
Thanks anon. If I clone my HDD into another already installed HDD will I need to do anything else if my old HDD were to suddenly die on me? Or could I just restart my computer and it'll detect another usable drive?
>>
What diagnostic tool should I use to test my HDD that I believe is failing?
>>
>>57206058
HD tune, or anything that will read SMART status
>>
Anyone know if Acer and HP laptops/convertibles still have issues with build quality?
>>
>>57206223
I got a new Acer laptop like two months ago and it's pretty good
>>
>buy new laptop
>it updates to windows 10 anniversary
>cant find local security policy anywhere
>cant deactivate cortana or the lock screen need local security policy to do so

I've googled it and done everything from windows + r to opening it via command prompt but windows doesnt seem to know what I'm talking about
>>
>>57205931
You can't.
Can't you use external hardrive?
Or miniweb?
>>
>>57206006
You will need to restore the backed up image of the old HDD from the new HDD.
Beware though that restoring an image to HDD WILL WIPE all data on that HDD.
>>
What is a good free as in freedom or free as in beer video editor?
>>
>>57206506
I mean once my main hard drive dies I won't be able to turn on my PC due to there being no OS on the second drive. How will I do anything if the PC won't turn on? The back up drive doesn't have anything on it, I'm using it only for back up
>>
>>57206746
Live USB
>>
>>57206746
You boot a live session of clonzilla and use the restore option.
You're then promoted to select from where to restore and to where to restore.
http://clonezilla.org/show-live-doc-content.php?topic=clonezilla-live/doc/01_Save_disk_image

http://clonezilla.org/show-live-doc-content.php?topic=clonezilla-live/doc/02_Restore_disk_image
>>
File: fitpee.jpg (115KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
fitpee.jpg
115KB, 620x413px
Why is the installgentoo ftp server not accepting the credentials provided in the installgentoo irc topic?

This has been going on for weeks.
>>
>>57206789
clonezilla doesn't work with windows right? The download said it's linux based so i'm using macrium reflect.
>>
I want to try overclocking my 6600k, i have never done it in the past.
I'm planning on taking it very easy in the beginning, what would be a reasonable voltage to start at for maybe 4-4,1 ghz so i don't have to spend so much time on trial and error to find a good voltage?
>>
>>57194261
Due to a huge number of results, and most of them not necessarily reflecting the current situation, I will ask here: Should I use random or urandom when preparing for manual encryption (I need to create an encrypted loop device to circumvent the limit in characters of file names in a "pure" encrypted device).
>>
>>57206839
jesus christ
>>
File: Ultradepression.png (2MB, 1366x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Ultradepression.png
2MB, 1366x1536px
>>57206887
>>
>>57206858
1.1-1.2
>>
>>57206839
I thought it was a meme, but I really, really tried to go back to Windows 10 (Seven will eventually die) for a couple of months, but the problems made me return to Xubuntu with my tail between my legs. Never again.
>>
>>57206979
I plan on staying with windows 7 till it dies.
>>
>>57207168
Fair enough, I considered that, but then what? I was an early adopter of Win7 and I never looked back. I skipped Vista and 8.
Then I used Xubuntu and I needed to use a couple of softwares from Windows (Acrobat and some other book making stuff). Jesus Christ, the problems I got. Now I'm studying LaTeX to eliminate the need for Acrobat. It's difficult to use, but at least it works.
>>
What's currently the best motherboard for a CPU that has a 1150 LGA socket? Currently have a Maximus VII Hero but it's crapping out.
>>
>>57206949
It's best with the lowest stable voltage, right?
Even if I'm only overclocking a little and have much lower voltage than an unsafe one?
>>
Is there some sort of decent equalizer app for Windows?
>>
File: !1S.jpg (41KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
!1S.jpg
41KB, 500x371px
Is anyone who really knows their shit willing to save my ass and answer these questions so I can study them for my CS1 exam?

Because I have no idea where to even start on most of these, and the exam is tomorrow...

http://pastebin.com/6aJhLN8r
>>
>>57207223
I might have to finally switch to linux honestly
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.