[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best backup medium? WD greens? DVDs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: image_92.jpg (52KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image_92.jpg
52KB, 800x1000px
What's the best backup medium?
WD greens?
DVDs?
>>
>>57152901

LTO Ultrium
>>
Amazon Glacier
>>
>>57152901
why is that girl so smug
>>
File: bomb_just_be_yourself.jpg (116KB, 805x556px) Image search: [Google]
bomb_just_be_yourself.jpg
116KB, 805x556px
>>57152901
Blu-ray discs

>"The recordable media used in red laser disc technology like DVD's and CD's is an organic dye that is very sensitive to light. Blu-ray disks, however, use a combination of silicon and copper which is bonded during the burning process, this alloy is much more resilient than the organic dye. Manufacturers claim a life span from 100 up to 150 years for Blu-ray disks."

>" = However, these media don't exist long enough yet to confirm or reject those claims. So at the moment, it's "about as long as the oldest working DVD/BD is still working". These claims are made assuming the disks are stored properly. (Not too hot, dark, not too humid, etc.) Furthermore, these life spans will be averages, I've used DVD disks that stopped working or showed data corruption after 2 years."

http://superuser.com/questions/251369/what-is-the-lifespan-of-dvd-and-blu-ray-discs

Anything you want to last a really really long time should be burned in a high quality write-once blu-ray (verbatim or better) and put inside a safe. Assuming the safe is well insulated or does not suffer excessive heat/cold then your data will practically last forever.
>>
File: flips.png (148KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
flips.png
148KB, 400x267px
>>57153075
she's a member of the most powerful race
>>
File: 1446651057706.jpg (33KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1446651057706.jpg
33KB, 310x310px
>>57153105
>Mexicans of Asia
>Most powerful anything
>>
>>57152901
yo moma cause she always backs it up
>>
>>57152939
Seconded. Tape drives still exist for a reason. Perfect investment for cold sites you know aren't going to change.
>>
>>57154012
Ayy
>>
>>57153105
no she's not. no f*lipino has ever looked that good
>>
>>57154134
anything SEA is breddy much the same with enough makeup and shamera angles

that said anything without a feminine penis is instantly adorably fuckable so idk
>>
>>57154134
Filipino are the most qt Asians though
>>
>>57154217

>what is Japan
>what is Eastern China
>>
>>57154217
ikr

the fact that they all fuck and do so shamelessly is just a bonus
>>
>>57153101
If you're gonna do optical media do mdiscs
>>
>>57154326
They only fuck white people because 10$ USD is a full paycheck there. I've been there and women will literally fuck you until they are raw for a chance to get to the USA.
>>
>>57154345
i know, i work in baguio half the year

it's wild. i love surviving off of wings and red horse for a few bucks a day

im not there now thank god. poor drones.
>>
>>57154134
shes definitely thai
>>
>>57154345
>They only fuck white people because

do you wear your pants on your head?

they are literally programmed to breed. a "woman" over 18 without a kid there is like finding an albino unicorn with reverse michael jackson syndrome

they do that to themselves, fat white divorcees looking for a take home made is just a byproduct
>>
>>57154134
maybe if you're gay i donno
>>
Stone or hardened clay tablets and papyrus scrolls sealed in earthenware jars seem to have withstood the test of time.
>>
>>57152901
>WD Greens
Please no. Even blues are better for backup
>>
TAPE for cold storage
RAID for anything else, with a shadow copy on a bigger drive
>>
File: B_CQkMcU0AAdio8.jpg (61KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B_CQkMcU0AAdio8.jpg
61KB, 480x640px
>>57155245
No
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.