[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is a threat to technological freedom and digital privacy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Snapchat-751107099248756384.jpg (371KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-751107099248756384.jpg
371KB, 1440x2560px
Which one is a threat to technological freedom and digital privacy?
>>
>>57152871
Hillary. She's a lying whore.
>>
Trump wants to fuck with tech startups paying peanuts for code monkeys on h1b visas so the 'valley' will probably say trump
>>
>>57152871
Both, they don't know shit about technology
>>
literally both
>>
>>57152871
Donald. His need to appear as a strongman tough guy is going to culminate in him not vetoeing any legislation with the words "patriot" or "freedom," which are exactly the kind of words you want to name legislation that strips people of their 4th ammendment rights.
>>
>>57152916
err not so much startups, but whatever
>>
>>57152916
Then they will just bring the jobs over there. Hardly any more effort.
>>
Both of them, but expecially Hillary. Ubuntu already gave the Internet to the EU, which is the worst when it comes to freedom and privacy. Hillary will only make things worse. She's probably pretty mad about the whole email thing, so she'll double down on the data collection to make sure she can catch anyone who tries to hack into her classified information selling servers.
>>
Both

>but w-w-wasting your v-v-vote-san... you w-wouldn't do that, anon-kun desu?
>>
Hillary.
>>
>>57152925
This tbqh. You can tell they both talk out of their asses whenever the topic comes up, and both would rather push the internet towards (or keep it) a spy network to keep an eye on Muslims and other undesirables.
>>
>>57152946
>Ubuntu already gave the Internet to the EU, which is the worst when it comes to freedom and privacy.

This is one of my favorite memes of the year.
>>
>>57152871
Both.We're fucked.
>>
>>57152871
Trump said he wants to cancel Saturday Night Live for joking about him. What the fuck do you think Trump would do to an Internet that criticizes him.

But the answer is both of them, it's just that Trump is more open about it.
>>
>>57153037
He never said he was going to cancel it, he said it should be canceled. Trump will never have the power to shut down a TV show for mocking him.
>>
>>57153037
Hillary is pretty open about it as well

>In December 2015, she said during a debate that there should be a “Manhattan-like project” to bust encryption when needed.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/10/what-is-trumps-tech-policy-not-even-the-nsas-former-lawyer-can-tell/
>>
>>57153068
The .
^
(Your) head
>>
>>57153037
Saturday Night Live sucks lmao
>>
>>57152871
Both of them. Any elderly person in politics (nearly anyone else aswell desu) is a threat.
>>
>>57153400
not my boy ron wyden
>>
>>57152871
Hillary, but only by competence.
>>
>>57152965
This
>>
>>57154260
not my BOY ron wyden
>>
>>57152871
Both are.

Trump uses Wikileaks as a political ally but he's going to be horribly tough on people who leak intelligence relating to the war. He will, without a doubt, lead the charge to prosecute a whistleblower such as Snowden for treason. Manning's position will not change under any circumstances. IP law will be much tougher, so no more pirating.

Hillary, on the other hand, will get Assange arrested and brought to an American court for publishing state secrets if she wins. She'll also try to prosecute Snowden but won't be as successful because she has no way to convince Putin otherwise. He will be tried, convicted, and spend the left of his life in an American jail. IP won't change much, but if dems take over Congress she'll OK any SOPA-like regulation that comes her way. Any TPP agreement, too.

Survellience would expand with either candidate, as it had under H.W, Clinton, W. Bush, and Obama. Trump's web surveillance would likely target deepweb and jihad sites, Clinton's would target political dissidents and foreign governments.

It's quite a bit of >>>/pol/ translated into >>>/g/, but hopefully the perspective has been enlightening.

>>57152955
You aren't wasting your vote if you are voting, but if you vote for a candidate I don't like, then you're a cunt, regardless of their policy on internet.

>>57153089
Go the fuck back to r eddit and never come back. We don't post for points here.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.