[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 29

File: NSA.jpg (89KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
NSA.jpg
89KB, 1366x768px
old thread: >>57138224

What are you working on, /g/?
>>
>>57141554
>You write a small C file that exports it's value a a linkable int.
You should write a small C file that exports the address of errno.
>>
File: C stella no mahou.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C stella no mahou.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
Why are C programmers portrayed as autistic in anime?
>>
>>57141551
you seek the D you gay
>>
>>57141582
>what is autistic?
>>
>>57141582
They try to make them look like geniuses, like a super ultra nerd hacker, but fail at doing a good job of doing so.
>>
>>57141582

Autism implies worse social skills, but a higher attention to detail. Writing efficient and secure C code requires a rather high level of attention to detail. Therefore, it might be expected that many skilled C programmers may lie somewhere on the autism spectrum. The author of Stella no Mahou may know a few C programmers, and likely presumes them all to be pretty socially awkward.
>>
>>57141582
Fuck you. You've already asked this question and received answers.
>>
>>57141566
I do. And it sucks that I have to do that.
Though I don't export errnos address, I export functions to get and set errno.
>>
>>57141645
>Exporting the values of 30 error values is ok
>Exporting the address of a single variable is not
ok senpai
>>
Writing a NeoVim plugin in Python and XML-PRC.
>>
>>57141582
C programmers are autistic
however maybe anime isn't actually portraying them that way
keep in mind being socially buttfuck retarded is just normal in japan
this would make more sense considering that anime never gets anything right
>>
>>57141671
>C programmers are autistic
Thank you very much.
>>
>>57141671
There is nothing wrong with autism.

Autism and EDM are technology: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQ6gRAEoy0
>>
>>57141693
>Thank you very much
wasn't really a compliment, but wasn't a jab either
C programmers really are just more likely to be autistic

>>57141699
>There is nothing wrong with autism
i didn't say there is. but from what i have gathered, there are two sides to the coin
it appears that autists are frequently interested in deconstructing complex systems
when it comes to programming, this has practical value but also diminishing returns
there's little value in breaking down if you can't then take what you've learned and build up
unfortunately that second part seems to be a place where autists can often have trouble
choosing to always operate at a needlessly low level of abstraction isn't very economic
>>
why is a language glorified whenever it is complicated and cryptic - and demonized whenever it is easy and convenient to use?

HTML, for example, gets little credit for how user-friendly it is - and is instead shunned by """real""" programmers. whilst convoluted messes like C++ earn you """real""" programmer status, for how autistic they are
>>
>>57141808

I mean, isnt programming supposed to make lives easier, instead of more complicated?
>>
>>57141808
I never shunned HTML. It's great if you need to setup something with a GUI.

On the other hand I dislike C++ because they are overdoing it with templating everything they see, and I despise automatisms such as RAII (constructors/destructors). And why do I need to create an object on the heap each time something might have gone wrong? On a process with multiple threads that means some global locks and unlocks and also maybe a context switch in case we don't have enough memory.
>>
This is now a Java thread.
>>
>>57141834
No, it isn't.
>>
>>57141853

every developer thread is actually a java codemonkey thread in denial
>>
>>57141859
No, it isn't.
>>
>>57141859
Funny, because I am programming in C right now. Java can go away with its overkill complexity.
>>
>>57141808

>why is a language glorified whenever it is complicated and cryptic - and demonized whenever it is easy and convenient to use?
Languages designed to be particularly easy to use often do so while compromising other important language aspects. This attracts shitty programmers who couldn't make it in better programming languages, and therefore results in lots of shitty programs being written in shitty languages, that the rest of the world has to use.

>HTML, for example, gets little credit for how user-friendly it is
HTML is not a programming language, and also, has zero alternatives in its usage domain. Whether it is easy to write or not is irrelevant.

>and is instead shunned by """real""" programmers.
What we shun is people who write HTML and think they are programmers. They are not.

>whilst convoluted messes like C++ earn you """real""" programmer status, for how autistic they are
C++ is absolutely not comparable to HTML. The first is a statically typed programming language intended for writing CPU-native software, including userland programs, libraries, kernel modules, embedded code, etc... HTML is a markup language intended to describe a document. What next, we compare LaTeX with Java?
>>
>>57141884

ruby senpai, do you actually use Ruby?
>>
>>57141582
Is Stella /g/ tier?
>>
Wasapi is broken
>>
File: 1460424572527.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460424572527.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
is it okay to use a anime girl as avatar for github?
>>
>>57141932

unless you want an actual job
>>
>>57141902

Yes, I do. I use it as a general purpose scripting language. It is a lot more flexible and comfy than writing a Bash script for anything of serious complexity. I recently wrote a short Ruby script for templating CMake projects.

https://github.com/expeditiousRubyist/genproject/blob/master/genproject
>>
>>57141932
only if you are a anime girl
>>
>>57141932
Absolutely.
>>
>>57141943

and as general purpose language? or only for supplemental stuff?
>>
>>57141943
Why don't you have an anime girl avatar?
>>
>>57141960
What's that fixation with anime girl avatars anyways? What the fuck?
>>
>>57141972
They are cute wtf.
>>
>>57141977
No?
>>
>>57141943
>
class MainProgram < OptionParser

>The main program is an option parser
Is this the power of OOP?
>>
#define AUDCLNT_STREAMFLAGS_AUTOCONVERTPCM 0x80000000
#define AUDCLT_STREAMFLAGS_SRC_DEFAULT_QUALITY 0x08000000

or
enum{
int32_t AUDCLNT_STREAMFLAGS_AUTOCONVERTPCM = 0x80000000
int32_t AUDCLT_STREAMFLAGS_SRC_DEFAULT_QUALITY = 0x08000000
}
?

Is there any reason to use macros? Microsoft uses the first style everywhere.
>>
>>57142002
>
enum{
int32_t

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>57141957

>Multiple bugs in HPE firmware update code
>The updater "application" is a 160KB bash script
>Line after line awk | sed | grep | cut

This should shit could be written in Ruby with a vastly reduced error rate and bugs with descriptions like "may cause storage node to reboot" would go away.
>>
>>57141957
It depends upon the project size, and its purpose, but yes, I will use Ruby as a general purpose language for some projects.

>>57141960
I don't really care to attach much personality to this thing. Also, I'd rather not people think I'm a girl.

>>57141990
Yep. When the program initializes, it calls the constructor of its superset and uses the block to set the main program's instance variables based on the command line arguments.
>>
>>57142028
>Also, I'd rather not people think I'm a girl.

y-you arent? :*<
why did i waste my time trying to impress you here?
>>
>>57142028
>Also, I'd rather not people think I'm a girl.
Why not use a cute anime boy avatar?
>>
>>57142005
Sorry, it should be
enum : int32_t{
AUDCLNT_STREAMFLAGS_AUTOCONVERTPCM = 0x80000000
AUDCLT_STREAMFLAGS_SRC_DEFAULT_QUALITY = 0x08000000
}

shouldn't it?
Actually, do i even need to specify the underlying type?
>>
>>57142036

Cuz you're a fag who doesn't read my posts? I've stated repeatedly that I am:

1. Not female
2. Not a trans girl either
3. Don't even look feminine (have "unix beard")
4. Based my name off of a male character from a comic book, and justify this name based on its use as a nickname for a male given name.

And I've also shown off my hairy fucking legs once to prove it.

>>57142039

Because of the first reason. I generally don't care to attach any sort of personality to this profile.
>>
>>57142076
>male character from a comic book

pokemon adventures manga?
>>
>>57142076
Do you at least cross dress?
>>
>>57142076
>Based my name off of a male character from a comic book
Must have been a pretty faggy comic book
>>
>>57142080
Winner winner chicken dinner.

>>57142081
No. I wear jeans or slacks when I go out, and when I'm around the house, I generally tend to walk around the house with pajamas and no shirt on.

Anyways, it's 4:17 AM, and I need to sleep. Nini all!
>>
>>57142093
Aren't they all?
>>
>>57142076
>And I've also shown off my hairy fucking legs once to prove it.
Are you by any chance German, and did you do it on stream?
>>
>>57142076
even not knowing your stated reasons for the name, you would think people would at the very least assume it refers to the programming language (given that this is /dpt/) before assuming it's your actual name or something
>>
>>57142115
Ruby sounds like the name of a cute anime girl.
>>
Wait, what? Ruby is a girls name?
>>
>>57142123

because ruby IS a cute anime girl
she simply is in denial
>>
>>57142126
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_(given_name)
>>
File: Ruby_Design.jpg (66KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ruby_Design.jpg
66KB, 600x300px
>>57142129
I guess this is the character Ruby is named off of.

She's adorable desu : 3..
>>
File: 1101_Ruby_Rose_061722.png (658KB, 1118x782px) Image search: [Google]
1101_Ruby_Rose_061722.png
658KB, 1118x782px
>>57142123
>>
>>57142147
Cgi anime == SHIT
>>
>>57142147
He said anime
>>
File: rb.jpg (13KB, 236x346px) Image search: [Google]
rb.jpg
13KB, 236x346px
>>57141903
90% i will drop.

>>57142147
>>57142144
>>57142129
>>
>>57142123
maybe in the sad world you've made for yourself

>>57142126
apparently it can be a man's name (short for "reuben") but i've personally never heard of or met any man that goes by it. i've met reubens but they didn't go by ruby. where i'm from generally only women are named after gemstones
>>
>>57142159
Meh, close enough.
>>
>>57142173
>maybe in the sad world you've made for yourself
Don't be so tsundere.
>>
File: 1469195291897.jpg (105KB, 603x324px) Image search: [Google]
1469195291897.jpg
105KB, 603x324px
>>57141654
Nice! Show it to me!
>>
>>57141654
>NeoVim
Deprecated.
>>
File: AS3.png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
AS3.png
3KB, 225x225px
who here knows AS?
>>
>>57142266
I used it years and years ago.

Is anyone still using that shit now?
>>
>>57141808
>HTML
Not a programming language

>C++
Capable of almost anything

Languages like Python are considered great and they're as far as it gets from cryptic

Also, it's not that hard to get, if a language is cryptic, it would take a much more skilled programmer to be comfortable with it, so it earns some respect.
>>
>>57142309
>Python is as far as it gets from cryptic
except when you get an errant whitespace somewhere
>>
>>57142385
That's the best thing about python.
>>
No, the best thing about python is that you don't realize that you made a type until you hit the code path in production.
>>
>>57142423
that's the worst thing about python
>>
>>57138324
>The "programmer shortage" was a lie invented by colleges to flood the software industry with low quality "coders"
In Germany it's the lie invented by companies to lower the standards so much that they can justify importing thousands of international Pajeets for really low wages.
>>
>>57142468
the programmer "shortage" is real. It's just a shortage of good programmers. There's an endless supply of shit ones.
>>
can any java/android programmers help me out here.
Im trying to understand how to update the UI after a thread has finished a task, or maybe while the thread is doing the task. But I dont understand how. I cant do the task from the main thread. But I cant update the UI from the new thread I had to create. Doesnt make sense to me.
>>
I thought it was the other way around. The programmer shortage is real because when they say
>programmer shortage
they actually mean
>competent programmer shortage
>>
>>57142505
When is a programmer good, and when is a programmer shit?
>>
>>57142522
You have to use the method Activity.runOnUIThread() or whatever it's called to invoke the UI thread from a different thread.
>>
>>57141582
Because functional programmers aren't well known enough and don't have a single language to stick to unlike performance programmers who only have C and ASM.

Because functional programmers are by far the most autistic. They don't understand that what they're supposed to do is write programs that run on computers. Everything functional programing strives to do as it's higher level constructs (i.e. What they do aside from basic imperative programming) is not focused on the task at hand but rather to create an abstract world for themselves where they can play with their blocks without being disturbed. Who cares if the world suffers around them as long as they can write 'beautiful' code. Beautiful code meaning highly abstract code with very little options for modifications for any reason. You delete that code and rewrite it to do something different. (and if you don't you're probably not writing beautiful functional code)
Worse yet they don't even develop the tools that'd make that a feasible approach.
Because functional languages have the potential to be awesome but their community is too autistic to make it great. They only care about the bullshit they've made up rather than the end result.
>>
>>57142505
>>57142524
This is the case.

I do hiring at my company and you wouldn't believe the morons who walk through that door.

Motherfucker, you're going to say you've got 3 years of experience and don't even know what an API is? Get the fuck out.
>>
>>57142525
A programmer is good when:
He knows the technologies he needs for his job very well
Is good at programming in general and knows how to structure large project and programs in a scalable maintainable way
He is very driven, and has lots of personal projects
works well with people

A programmer is bad when:
He's not any of those things and just spend his 4 years in college doing the bare minimum to pass, and only did a programming course because he didn't know what to do in college and his parents told him programming would be a good way to get a job.
>>
>>57142548
Share some stories. I am suffering from imposter syndrome and deem everyone to be more competent than I am.
>>
>>57142525
good = cheap and get's a job done somehow or can delegate it to someone else who has some ability
shit = wants to do a job the proper way without cutting the wrong corners and will probably tell you your deadline is bullshit - also expensive

- Industry Managers
>>
>>57142558
Imposter syndrome will vanish as soon as you get your first job, and you realise the industry is filled with fucking imbeciles.

The reason companies bitch and scream about there not being enough programmers is because it's usually one or two actually good programmers who do 90% of the work in a lot of companies. It's much better to hire one good programmer than 5 mediocre ones.
>>
>>57142558
working on a helpdesk cured me from that. Now I'm a misanthrope.
>>
>>57142525
When a programmer writes code that runs slow, is hard to maintain and/or produces said code extremely slowly they're bad programmers.
But note that good code takes time to write. If you measure by hired programmers (a fairly low standard) their code generation over a project is less than 100 lines per 8 hours iirc. There's stats on this. But that's across an entire project, if you just total the code at the end of the project and divide by work hours.

I should keep good links..
>>
>>57142562
only in shit prajeet tier industries where the work is actually very simple and low prices is more important than high quality.
>>
>>57142583
>shit prajeet tier industries
Welcome to 80% of the job offers.
>>
>>57141653
Neither of those is ok.
Macros in interfaces that other languages have to use are just bad.
Errno is worse, because it's more than just an address.
>>
>>57142592
don't be a shit tier programmer then and work in the non-shit 20%
>>
File: baka_big.png (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
baka_big.png
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>57142558
There aren't any individually interesting story, but here are some gems from "programmers" that supposedly had a few years of experience (with only C in mom's basement, I guess):
>don't know what an API is, never interfaced with one
>have never interfaced with any sort of database or other common structured data storage
>no basic understanding of IP addresses, DNS, and generally how the internet works
>have never used Git, completely unaware of it or what version control is

Notice a pattern? Most of the issues are not directly code-writing related.

PROTIP: Most jobs don't give a fuck if you can write a sorting algorithm. I care if you know how to actually produce good code, work with the team, and (MOST IMPORTANTLY) learn extremely quickly.

I'm completely fine if someone doesn't know something, but it shouldn't take them more than 120 seconds on Google for a basic understanding, and next week they better be up-to-par.

I'm not looking to hire someone to write code. I want to hire someone who knows how to contribute to a program. You know, a fucking programmer.
>>
>>57142572
I try to keep even C code as simple and modularized as possible. Because I don't know what portions of the code need to be executed when stuff changed, and refactoring code is not as easy as simply adding more function calls that basically just call a bunch of smaller functions.

I don't even know if that's good practice. It's just something that I picked up from experience.
>>
>>57142619
this
>>
>>57142505
>>57142524
>>57142548
>>57142570
I suspect i'm one of the shit ones. :(
>>
>>57142599
Nobody has to use it.
>>
>>57142643
Literally anybody interfacing with POSIX systems does.
>>
>>57142622
Good because good experience is good to have. There's plenty of people who don't know how to write code well that will gladly tell you how to code well. But listen to those with merits. Like having written large projects in C that work well. But I don't see any real need for anyone to take shortcuts by looking for projects to learn from if there's not major issues going on. Experience is the more accurate teacher.
>>
>>57142638
So do I
>tend to have a hard time getting used to other people's code
>git is a nightmare
>self esteem issues
>>
>>57142660
Go is interfacing with posix systems without.
>>
>>57142619
>shouldn't take them more than 120 seconds on Google for a basic understanding, and next week they better be up-to-par.
I'll never get a job.
>>
>>57142661
What do you consider "large project"? I have written a framework in C with 57K LOC (all by myself, I should add) ... I am that German guy from the previous thread, and still trying to figure out if I am actually worth it.
>>
>>57142682
Under the hood it has to deal with the same shit somewhere.
It probably wraps it up in nicer ways so the user does not see it,
but it still has to interface with the errno madness somewhere.
>>
>>57142683
Some on now, it doesn't take long to good and read a stackoverflow post when you don't know what "recursion" or what "node.js" is.
>>
>>57142722
No.
>>
>>57142695
that's plenty large. There's not a lot of work in C though. Should still be able to get work though in C/C++ is you look I would guess. But i really don't know that job market well.
>>
>>57142537
Thanks. It worked after I passed the context.
Is there a way to sync the UI threads. Like if I have multiple threads running at once, and they each update the UI, would that cause a problem?
>>
>>57142740
>would that cause a problem?
no
>>
>>57142725
The internet is full of incomplete and inappropriate information. So is stackoverflow.
>>
I told my friends I'm learning C and they all said I should learn something relevant like Python instead.
>>
>>57142755
congrats you are now officially entitled to call your friends scriptkiddies
>>
>>57142755
BS.
Python is for programmers who could do their job in Excel with visual basic instead.
>>
>>57142753
If you're not mentally deficient, you can tell the difference pretty well. Work environments are not full of incredibly smart professionals either. They are about as smart as most stackoverflow threads, often dumber.
>>
>>57142683
Depends on the subject.

If I say "shunting yard" and you look at me with a blank stare, that's fine.

If we discuss it 15 minutes later, you bet your ass you should know what it is, where it is used, and why.

Not lots of details, just enough to say, "Okay, yeah, I get the concept and I understand why it's used. I can learn more about it at this point if I need to."
>>
>>57142739
Well, I tried to abstract some of the more tedious things in that framework:

- my own memory allocator that directly works with memory pages rather than malloc/free, which eliminates all userspace locks while still having the ability to insert new data without context switches.
- a module to connect to SOCKS proxies (4 and 4a work, 5 is untested yet).
- my own HTTP parser which I also used for a self-written HTTP server.
- a 4chan module that accesses the API (for downloading threads in JSON format and downloading images).
- a x86 interface that introduces small functions on x86/x64 CPUs - like resetting the stack pointer in order to revert allocations done with alloca() (and other stuff, like querying features from the CPU like hugepages and SSE/AVX support).
- my own Boyer-Moore implementation in my own memmem function that I originally implemented for my HTTP stack.
- an abstraction layer for Windows and POSIX kernel threads.
- a file API which contains a generic processor with which I can iterate through directories on both Windows and Linux.
- a INI parser (for configuration stuff at runtime).
- and right now I am working on a iso9660 loader that I want to use in order to search for Kingdom Hearts 2 music files, because I hope this data is stored in unindexed sections of an image.

Would you call that impressive?
>>
Long story short, I don't think school is for me. What's an effective way to find projects to build a portfolio that can help me actually get a job? I'm probably going to continue the misery of going to school but I'd really like a backup plan that ends with me in a place similar to where I'm trying to be now.
>>
>>57142755
Why not learn both? You can incorporate C-Code in Python fairly easy. And it gives you the best of two worlds - low level memory friggling and pointers with C, and high development speed around non-time-critic or portable UI stuff with Python.

>>57142781
This takes more than 120s. It sometimes takes me this long to get sense out of an answer that has a bazillon upvotes, just to see that it doesn't work - or following the duplicate question entry to a problem that isn't applicable to mine without the knowledge that I came for to SO in the first place.

Not that I don't use google and subsequently SO, don't get me wrong there - but it's just not directly fast.
>>
>>57142819
I would. You can certainly get a programming job easy breezy. It depends where you want to work. I don't know how much demand there is for C work. It's absolutely tiny compared with demand for Java, python, C#, JavaScript etc.
>>
>>57142782
That would depends on how good you are at explaining any given concept.
And by 'good', i mean how well your understanding and method of explaining meshes with my thought patterns and holistic world view, in any given moment.
>>
The only "programming" experience I have is making mods in the Dungeons of Dredmor game for those of you who might know it. I think it was basically HTML stuff although I am not sure.
I learned how to do it by looking at other people's mods and generally observing how things happen in game based on what is written in the files.
Could I do the same with Minecraft/mods and java?
Can I just open some file that basically contains the inner workings of the game/mod and kinda copy it and change it and whatnot or do I actually need to learn how the language works first?
>>
>>57142822
well yeah, 120seconds is an exaggeration I recon. At least it would be where i've worked. A lot of companies are just grateful if you actually give a shit about programming at all, because 90% of graduates who apply for work don't seem to. If you have a few somewhat impressive personal projects on GitHub with technologies people are hiring for, you'll definitely get a job pretty quick.
>>
>>57142849
I just don't feel confident enough. I was already told that I am probably better than most other "programmers" out there, but whenever I am in professional forums and mailing lists - and even on this fucking board - I feel like I know nothing, and I get miserable and depressed.

And I don't want to do high-level stuff. I want to interact with hardware directly. Oh, I didn't mention it here yet, but I have no math background. Math and I are incompatible with each other. I took some from school and some byte/bit/pointer stuff from learning on my own, but that's basically it.
>>
>>57142821
If you build something that takes something like what >>57142619 said in consideration, you'd be pretty set.

You could make a backend project meant to sit on a server that:
>retrieves data from some public API
>stores that data in a local database, like PostgreSQL
>processes the data in some meaningful way to show interesting information
>exposes its own authenticated API for potential front-end apps

Optional:
>a front-end application that shows this information in an attractive way, mobile and desktop

>>57142858
I think my post wasn't clear:

I'm not explaining dick.

The employee should be able to research a small topic quickly and efficiently with their own preferred resources.

After the employee has derived their own basic understanding however they see fit, they'll learn from my team how we apply it in the real world.
>>
>>57142002
static constepxr int32_t
>>
>>57142897
>And I don't want to do high-level stuff. I want to interact with hardware directly.

>I have no math background. Math and I are incompatible with each other.

Pick one, you dumb faggot.
>>
>>57142901
My bad. I missread your post.
>If we discuss it 15 minutes later
i read as
>If we discuss it for 15 minutes

Possibly this is not a good sign if you were a potential employer for me.
>>
>>57142932
>static constexpr
>>
>>57142948
Can I pick nothing?
>>
>>57142897
>I feel like I know nothing
That really doesn't matter for most jobs.

>And I don't want to do high-level stuff. I want to interact with hardware directly.
Low level stuff is much much harder to get work in than high level stuff. All the same, just look for jobs in C in your area. Put your GitHub account on your CV, make a big deal about your projects. Write a cover letter saying how passionate you are about programming, how you thought yourself, how you'd love an opportunity for an interview etc. Odds are someone will take you on for an internship at the very least.

>I have no math background
LOL. This is a dirty meme. You don't need math to be a good programmer. Unless you're specifically implementing complex math algorithms maybe. If you know enough to write your own HTTP server, then you know enough for 99% of programming jobs.
>>
>>57142969
>how you taught yourself
ftfy

>You don't need math to be a good programmer.
it sure as hell helps, but I agee.
>>
Can anyone tell me why this code works for testing number 2 for primes?

#include <stdio.h>

int main(){
setvbuf(stdout, NULL, _IONBF, 0);

int vrNumber;
int vrIsPrime;
int vrI;
int vrX;
int vrMax = 26;
int vrMin = 1;

for(vrX = vrMin; vrX <= vrMax; vrX++){
if(vrX < 2){
}
else{
vrNumber = vrX;
for(vrI = 1 + 1; vrI <= vrNumber - 1; vrI++){ // When vrNumber is 2 then the condition should not work because 2 <= 1 evaluates to false, what am I missing here?
if(vrNumber % vrI != 0){
vrIsPrime = 1;
}
else{
vrIsPrime = 0;
break;
}
}

if(vrIsPrime){
printf("The number %d is prime.\n", vrNumber);
}
else{
printf("The number %d is not prime.\n", vrNumber);
}
}
}

return(0);
}
>>
>>57142969
>You don't need math to be a good programmer.

Generally speaking, true, but the lower-level you go, the more familiarity you need with various algorithms and how to implement them.

"Math" is a vast subject, but it is certainly appropriate to say a low-level programmer should be adequate at general math.
>>
>>57143008
>
for(vrI = 1 + 1;
>>
>>57141551
Reversing some proprietary PCM audio decoder
>>
File: Capture.png (30KB, 1025x388px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
30KB, 1025x388px
>danger zone
GitHub knows how to design a UI
>>
>>57143012
>the lower-level you go, the more familiarity you need with various algorithms and how to implement them
>a low-level programmer should be adequate at general math
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>57143016

I forgot to add, do not mind my idiosyncrasies I'm not coding that for anyone but myself while learning.
>>
>>57142969
I don't have GitHub. I wouldn't even want to upload code there - I tend to swear a lot in my comments and have several "niggers" and "faggots" there. AFAIR GitHub does not like those.
>>
>>57143049
You should also learn to give your variables non-cryptic names.

Also (especially for learning) it helps to put comments in the code on tricky parts.
>>
>>57143076
cut out the swearing. get a github. You're not only inapproriate for github, but also for hiring if you aren't professional in your documentation.
>>
>>57143095
Then I'd rather refrain from getting a professional IT job. Thank you very much, though.
>>
>>57143080

Understood, thank you for the advice.

So do you have any idea why that code of mine runs for number 2 even though the condition is vrI <= vrNumber - 1, when vrI = 1 + 1, which is 2 and vrNumber = 2?
>>
>>57143076
>I tend to swear a lot in my comments and have several "niggers" and "faggots" there
I'd ask if you were autistic but that's no valid defense for not going back and changing your comments if your code is good. You don't get to be a quirky "im le funny 4chain user" retard no matter what job you get and no matter what company you work for, even """Professional IT""". Being a responsible and actual human being instead of an internet caricature is just as important as actually knowing the trade.
>>
>>57143076
So cut out those works. Clean up your projects and upload them.

Protip: companies don't like when you write "nigger" and "faggots" in your code either.
>>
>>57143142
I already said that I rather want to rant in my code than to add it to my resume. If that means that I don't get a professional job, so be it. You can call me autistic all day long, it won't change the fact that this is more important to me.
>>
>>57143142
Reminds me of the time that guy basically argued with all of his co-workers and tried to preach how OOP was shit every day at the office and got fired before his 90-day probation ended.
>>
>>57142525
Everyone, end this meme now. Programming is an art, not a science.
>>
>>57143186
>node.js/ruby/PHP/Go/Haskell """"code artisan"""" detected
>>
>>57143202
Thanks, I'm a C programmer but the point is when programming you spend more time solving the kernel, the API and/or the libraries you're using than doing math itself.
>>
>>57143168
>a professional job
There's no "professional job". I don't know where you're getting this idea from outside of maybe pop culture. A job is a job, whether its at a private 80-man company, an open source project, or Microsoft. You can say that being a stereotype in your code comments is the most important thing in the world to you until you're blue in the face but it won't change the fact that not a single person in the industry will give you the time of day since no one actually wants to have to deal with sifting through inane comments when they can either hire a real human or outsource to a china or a pajeet and get the same (or better) results without any of the bullshit.

>>57143182
That's hilarious.
>>
>>57143235
>you spend more time researching than creating
>art, not a science

what
>>
>>57143284
And I already told you that I don't care getting an IT job anymore.
>>
>>57143136
You never go through the loop.
you have no steps: vrI is 2, and it's already bigger than vrNumber - 1.

if(vrIsPrime)

thus checks for an int value that isn't initialized, interpreting a random int. It's chance that it works for 2. because it's only false if the int is exactly zero, which has a chance of 1 in a bit over 4 billion.
try
bool vrIsPrime = 0;
in the defintion, bool is the datatype for true/false. Then run it again.
>>
>>57143295
Then stay depressed and miserable.
>>
WHAT IS THIS?? I AM GETTING MAD
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ gcc -lwiringPi test.c 
/tmp/ccOk9R8X.o: In function `main':
test.c:(.text+0x64): undefined reference to `lcdinit'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

test.c:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <wiringPi.h>
#include <lcd.h>

int main()
{
lcdinit(2,16,4,11,10,0,1,2,3,0,0,0,0);
return 0;
}

source: http://wiringpi.com/dev-lib/lcd-library/
>>
>>57143305
That's what I am planning to do. Still better than not being myself.
>>
>>57143307
>I AM GETTING MAD
oh shit watch out its the Bad-At-Programming Hulk
>>
>>57143321
no. Fuck you.
I have done everything according to the wiringPi website
I have googled for fuckin days and you can't find shit about it
>>
>>57143295
tbqh, if this is such a deal for you and you don't want to cut it out for participating in an IT job, you probably shouldn't get any job at all. No matter what you do, restocking in a supermarket, pottery, whatever - it requires to cut swearing.

>>57143317
If being yourself doesn't make you fit for living, you should rather not be yourself. Believe me, it only gets worse.
>>
>>57143347
I am alright with it getting worse. I am not gonna change my ways ever.
>>
>>57143321
You wouldn't review his code when he's angry
>>
Why would anyone use Java or C# over C++?
>>
>>57143336
perhaps it's namespaced? try
lcd::lcdinit(2,16,4,11,10,0,1,2,3,0,0,0,0) 
>>
>>57143317
>Still better than not being myself.
What is this special snowflake shit?

If being yourself means you are shit, then you need to change yourself. You need to improve.

Would you rather never change and be a poor leach on society? Or would you like to improve yourself, earn a good wage doing a fun job and contribute to society?
>>
>>57143336
And you assume we know anything about it? We don't. You're on your own, kid.
>>
>>57142819
>things in that framework
Solving problems you don't have is basically adding bloat.

>a 4chan module that accesses the API for downloading threads
>Spawning a new thread for each connections
How lonely are you, Anon?

>4chan module that accesses the API
>memory allocator that directly works with memory
>HTTP parser
Which is really easy to do and completely boring/uncreative.

>x86 interface that introduces small functions on x86/x64
Great. You could have simply used ASM instead of spiting write/only horrible C code all over your project.

>an abstraction layer for Windows and POSIX kernel threads
OpenMP then?

>INI parser
>file API
>search for Kingdom Hearts 2 music files
w-wait... are you even trying? Are you shitposting to get (you)s like an attention whore?
>>
>>57143376
Desperation for work. Besides work there's no sane reason.
>>
>>57143376
Maintain applications
Familiarity
Massive job market

And it's actually not horrible as far as general-purpose languages go, but certainly not preferred.
>>
>>57143383
>Would you rather never change and be a poor leach on society?
I have no problem being a poor leech on society. I simply don't give a fuck. I am rather a special snowflake-leecher than conforming to anyone's standards that I don't agree with. I have already accepted that I am an outcast to society and that it's not gonna get better ever. And I am OK with that.
>>
>>57143305
>>57143317
>>57143383
>>57143416
Fuck off to >>>/r9k/ , the both of ye.
>>
>>57143389
>Spawning a new thread for each connections
And where exactly did you read that? Nowhere. Because I never wrote it.

>Which is really easy to do and completely boring/uncreative.
I don't think so.

>OpenMP then?
Which is slow as hell? Haha.
>>
>>57143378
>>57143386
kek, apperently just some weird characters I got from copy&paste in there :^)
wrote it on my own and werks now
>>
>>57143416
Do you have autism or some shit? There's some jobs you can get where companies specifically look for autists. But you probably wouldn't enjoy them anyways.
>>
>>57143444
a classic.
>>
>>57143451
Hello, not him but I have Autism. What's wrong with it?
>>
File: jej.jpg (18KB, 339x134px) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
18KB, 339x134px
>>57143437
>>
>>57143527
Autistic people can't blink, can't swim, and attract enemy radar.
>>
>>57143527
>What's wrong with it?
What's wrong with what? Autism?
>>
>>57143298

Thank you, this was exactly the insight I needed!

Here is the more correct code if anyone needs it.

#include <stdio.h>

int main(){
setvbuf(stdout, NULL, _IONBF, 0);

int vrNumber;
int vrIsPrime;
int vrI;
int vrX;
int vrMax = 26;
int vrMin = 1;

for(vrX = vrMin; vrX <= vrMax; vrX++){
if(vrX < 2){
}
else{
vrNumber = vrX;
vrIsPrime = 0;

if(vrNumber == 2){
vrIsPrime = 1;
}

for(vrI = 1 + 1; vrI <= vrNumber - 1; vrI++){
if(vrNumber % vrI != 0){
vrIsPrime = 1;
}
else{
vrIsPrime = 0;
break;
}
}

if(vrIsPrime){
printf("The number %d is prime.\n", vrNumber);
}
else{
printf("The number %d is not prime.\n", vrNumber);
}
}
}

return(0);
}

>>
>>57143437
>>
>>57143539
>attract enemy radar
I smirked and exhaled sharply from my nostrils.

Thanks.
>>
who /autism/ here
>>
>>57143585
I'm a bit in on the spectrum.
>>
>>57143585
Pedofags
>>
>>57142293
yeah, it's just never mentioned at all
>>
>>57143626
Flash is pretty much dead on the web though. Maybe air gets used for enterprise shit i guess.. heaven knows why
>>
>>57143643
>hell knows why
>>
File: c_0.png (25KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
c_0.png
25KB, 195x195px
Is there a better way to create a constructor with 4 optional parameters in C++?

I have in .h
IntSet(int, int = -1, int = -1, int = -1, int = -1);

And in .cpp
IntSet::IntSet(int item1, int item2, int item3, int item4, int item5) {
initializeArray();
insert(item1);
insert(item2);
insert(item3);
insert(item4);
insert(item5);
}

I'm supposed to be able to create an object like so:
IntSet newSet1(2), newSet(3,4)...

And so on up to 5 arguments.
>>
>>57143626
does it target a different backend or something now given that flash is dying?

>>57143643
kek, don't think i've ever seen air used for something that wasn't part of an adobe product
>>
File: ass.png (15KB, 561x197px) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
15KB, 561x197px
Programming errors meet human psychology. I never knew this happened:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident

Makes me wonder what could be done if a large, ubiquitous company like Google made something of that nature, but for smartphones.
>>
The normies in my lab have just discovered Filthy Frank. Today has been particularly unproductive.
>>
>>57143665
does the array always have 5 elements regardless of how many arguments you pass? or do you want it sized based on how many you pass?
>>
>>57143724
It is being resized as needed in the insert function, so it's irrelevant.
>>
>>57143738
It's always being resized to 5 though, regardless of how many arguments you pass.
>>
>>57143738
if you're going to always be manually passing arguments in that way, it could be implemented with a statically-sized array on the stack
>>
>>57143782
I need to do some check on the items before I insert them though.

Can you show me what you're talking about though?
>>
>>57143665
(std::initializer_list<int> items)
>>
File: IMG_2258.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2258.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
I am fucking retarded.
>>
>>57143831
congrats.
>>
>>57143831
Is she cute?
>>
>>57143831
We are all so very proud. You going somewhere with this?
>>
>>57143831
That is a nice camera...
>>
Just finished and tested the lexer on my assembly calculator, starting to write the shunting yard parser. Man is MIPS an unlikable architecture. There is something about it that I just don't like. AVR is simple and elegant, x86 is easy to write, but goddamn is it bloated. I thought MIPS would be the happy medium, but it isnt.
>>
File: csharp.png (51KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
csharp.png
51KB, 375x360px
Bout to delve into pic related.

Good idea?
>>
>>57143919
Nope
>>
>>57143925
Reasons?
Recommended alternative(s)?
>>
>>57141884
>What next, we compare LaTeX with Java?
Well, LaTeX is Turing complete...
>>
>>57143935
Yes, learn Java, Javascript, PHP and MYSQL and stop wasting your time with nonsensical memes like C++, Haskell and C#
>>
File: IMG_0421.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0421.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
>>57143871
Yes.
"Upgrading" pic related.
It had a microcontroller in the back and an RGB led strip.
I want to upgrade the microcontroller with a pi zero and keep track of temperatures.
outside + inside temperature and shit like that. Also RGB colors according to outside temperature
Sadly I fucked the oled LCD and using a hd44780 now which will be placed somewhere underneath I guess in a small box
>>
>>57143971
Are you serious? /wdg/ is always moaning about how PHP is bad and outdated...
>>
File: 1451387916844.png (1MB, 1200x1800px)
1451387916844.png
1MB, 1200x1800px
Why no anime girl for Ada? ):
>>
>>57144015
Haskell
>>
>>57143791
it depends on your case but something along the lines of the following, potentially with an added make function and static_assert/enable_if to enforce size constraints as needed

template<std::size_t N>
class IntSet
{
private:

std::array<int, N> data;

void some_check(int item)
{
// sanitize item or whatever
return item;
}

public:

template<typename... Args>
IntSet(Args... args) :
data{{ some_check(args)... }} { }
};
>>
>>57144015
Fuck. Good bye C, here am I Ruby!
>>
>>57144015

C# best girl
>>
>>57144007
PHP is modern, simple, elegant, efficient, pragmatic and easy to use.

Everyone saying otherwise is an idiot.
>>
>>57144039
oops, meant for some_check to return int, not void
>>
File: language_tans.png (1MB, 1801x2142px)
language_tans.png
1MB, 1801x2142px
>>57144015
>>
What's the best way to learn how to get into programming?
>>
>>57144068
How bad can you be at drawing
>>
>>57144094
think of something you'd like to make, figure out what you need to learn to make it.
>>
>>57144094
why
>>
>>57144094
Learn PHP

PHP
H
PHP
>>
>>57144099
let's see yours
>>
File: ada_by_warchild15.jpg (477KB, 1200x1600px)
ada_by_warchild15.jpg
477KB, 1200x1600px
>>57144068
I don't like that.

I think I'll just go with this unrelated picture I found on DeviantArt.

Fits Ada IMO.
>>
>>57144106
Triple H would use PHP

He loves the pain
>>
>>57144068
delet
>>
File: AdaLovelace-Chris-236x300.jpg (11KB, 236x300px) Image search: [Google]
AdaLovelace-Chris-236x300.jpg
11KB, 236x300px
>>57144111
wouldn't Ada fit Ada?
>>
>>57144164
no
>>
>>57144111
now justify this girl a la http://www.columbia.edu/~sss31/rainbow/prog.lang.html
>>
Programming waifu claiming thread when?
>>
>>57144164
I couldn't find an anime version, but I like the pic I posted better anyway
>>
>>57144105
>>57144102
Software in general seems the most interesting thing, how to make diverse applications and modify operating system is what I really want to learn. It would also be nice to learn about web pages more in-depth than just using Dreamweaver to create them.
>>
>>57144207
>diverse
>>
>>57144207
So think of a cool project, and make it.
>>
>>57144207
>diverse applications
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>57144232
>>57144285

It's the current year.
>>
File: 3e8.jpg (28KB, 367x390px)
3e8.jpg
28KB, 367x390px
>>57144232
>>57144285
>>
>>57144295
>>57144368
>date +%Y
>living in the current year
>>
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()

{
cout << "Hello, world!" << endl;

return 0;
}
>>
>>57144472
you piece of shit
>>
>>57144472
Nice, job
>>
>>57144472
>
using namespace std;

nys
>>
>>57144514
What did he mean by this
>>
>>57144532
*she
>>
>>57144545

Found the tranny
>>
>>57144545
Post female penis or gtfo
>>
>>57144555
>>57144562
/dpt/ is a diverse community free of hate.
>>
why do i have to take abstract algebra for programming?
>>
>>57144592
It's useful
>>
>>57144592
>university course structure making any sense
m8...
>>
They are looking for a Junior Java/.net developer. But I've only done C, C++, and asm low level dev for the last 6 years.

What do?
>>
>>57144643
> wat do?
haven't you seen the trend of this thread? learn php.
>>
>>57144672
You mean HHH?
>>
>>57144592
99% of my classmates learned everything they needed for their current job in the first year, after that it was just prolonging for everyone that didnt want to get a msc
>>
>>57144727
all i learned in first year was data structures and algorithms in java. Some very basic css and html
>>
>>57144472
>endl
dont do this
>>
>>57144751
why not? The only other option i know of is: \n
is that a better option or is there something more?
>>
>>57144575
wrong. Go to tumblr
>>
>>57144745
>basic programming in c
>OOP in c++

pretty much all you need to become a junior dev code-monkey and build up from there
>>
>>57144780
>The only other option i know of is: \n
Which is the correct option, if you don't have to flush the output buffer, which you usually don't when printing to console.
>>
>have been programming/shitposting on /dpt/ for two days
>no time to watch anime
fuck
>>
>>57144785
i dont want to be a junior dev code-monkey though

i want to be a creative genious and shit
>>
>>57144795
why cant you do both
>>
>>57144796
are you +18? Do you still not have a phd?

You are not smart enough, just be a code-monkey and fuck with useless proof shit on the side
>>
>>57144814
fuck you desu
>>
>Feeding cows seaweed could slash global greenhouse gas emissions, researchers say: "They discovered adding a small amount of dried seaweed to a cow's diet can reduce the amount of methane a cow produces by up to 99 per cent."
When was the last time computer science discovered something this significant?
>>
>>57144785
kek
This is what NEETs really think
Spoilers: You need 1 year minimum agile experience with scrum SAAS SOLID KANBAN METHODOLOGY + various other buzzwords experience
>>
Anyone got some great talks or interviews I can listen to ? ? ?

Nothing inspires me like listening to great/interesting programmers.
>>
>>57141932
only if you don't mind being unemployed
>>
>>57144794
noted
>>
>>57144879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ3glVNVvOg
>>
>>57144879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH10efX7Png
never fails to inspire me
>>
>>57144879
I liked this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS8qwMna8_o
>>
>>57144796
>i want to be a creative genious

You aren't going to be a genius if you don't even know how to spell.
>>
>>57144814
>thinking PhD is smart
Current year.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-19-02-51-28.png (1MB, 1305x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-19-02-51-28.png
1MB, 1305x1066px
What's some mango about progromang?
>>
>>57144865
?
>>
>>57144925
english isnt my first language. I have a few words i usually make the mistake of misspelling. Genius is one of them. "Language" was another i always spelled it as "lenguage". I still have trouble realizing which day is Tuesday and Thursday referring to, etc... but at the end of the day it doesnt make that much of a difference
>>
>>57144970
>english isnt my first language.

You're never going to make it.
>>
my tummy hurts
>>
>>57145035
English wasn't my first language too and I made it. Stupid ego-inflated tripfag.
>>
>>57145035
>Japanese isn't you first language.

You're never going to make it.
>>
>>57145035
t. american
>>
>>57145093
>got a bsc in cs
>i made it

pajeet my boy
>>
>>57144970
>>57145093

Just use the 4chan filter for tripfags.
>>
>>57145116
I'm a NEET though... Being sucked into this retarded system isn't what I define "making it"
>>
>>57144842
http://blogs.microsoft.com/next/2016/10/18/historic-achievement-microsoft-researchers-reach-human-parity-conversational-speech-recognition/#sm.000n4d5y211pnfnmtn42cfjiy1h4d
ownage
>>
>>57145110

The only country in the world that matters, and also the one that invented the internet you are currently shitposting on.

I guess what I should be saying is: you're welcome.
>>
File: liz.jpg (122KB, 620x410px)
liz.jpg
122KB, 620x410px
>>57145177
>america invented the internet
>>
>>57145177
>attributing the success of others to himself

kek
>>
>>57145177
>americans invented the internet
>americans have the worst ISPs in any relevant country

really makes you think
>>
I know that this will give me tons of hate, but, in my uneducated opinion, Java is a consequent upgrade of C++ and makes the former obsolete.
>>
File: 1474851666770.jpg (88KB, 644x489px) Image search: [Google]
1474851666770.jpg
88KB, 644x489px
>>57145177
>>57145185
>Giving credit to nations instead of individuals
>>
>>57145219

The US is 3.797 million square miles, most of it being rural.
>>
>>57145232
So what you're saying is that your country is so great it cannot sustain a decent infrastructure?
>>
>>57145232
This doesn't really mean anything, cities like New York and LA still have painfully slow and expensive internet access compared to most European countries.
>>
I'm planning on making a bot which would go through all current 4chan threads and fetch images. It would then feed those images to a neural network which would determine if the image is a pepe or not. If it's a pepe, ot would create a md5 hash of it and store it into a database.
There would also be a browser userscript or something which would periodically refresh the list of hashes from the database and add them to the 4chanX filters.
I must stop the frogposting

What do I need to accomplish this task?
>>
>>57145310
I think what anon meant to say was, if it's a pepe he reports the post
>>
What's the best tiling window?
>>
>>57145329
*manager
>>
>>57145310
This, we need to keep hate speech and hate symbols off this website.
>>
>>57145329
wrong thread but also herbstluftwm
>>
>>57145177
>and also the one that invented the internet you are currently shitposting on.
npl was first.
>>
>>57145329
awesome
>>
>>57145340
Well, having answer from developers is more interesting than Macfags and ricer
>>
>>57145361
>developers
we're programmers please don't call us developers
>>
>>57145336

regex hatespeach (/cuck/, /jew/, /nigger/, /MAGA/);

foreach posting {
if (regex_match(hatespeach, posting)) {
reportToMods();
}
}
>>
>>57145359
I'm glad you like the question.
But could you answer it please?
>>
>>57145377
lel, k tard.
https://awesome.naquadah.org/
>>
>>57145369
>dpt
>programmers
>>
>>57145369
>>57145395
Samething
>>
>>57145361
in that case
don't use tiling wms
contrary to popular belief they're actually quite counter productive
>>
>>57145407
No.
>>
>>57145261

Pretty much. People in European nations take for granted the fact that each one of them is smaller and more population dense than the US. Meanwhile, the US has to spend a shitload more to get any major infrastructure changes done.
>>
>>57145413
>declare independence
>complain about having to take care of yourselves
>>
>>57145411
>>57145408
Programmer = Codemonkey
Developer = Above everything
>>
>>57145413

the current US infrastructure spending is still below the average of developed countries and far below historical average rates.
>>
>>57145413
>Implying US infrastructure isn't shit
>>
>>57145441
Yeah, no.
Both of them are monkeys.
>>
>>57145327
>>57145336
>>57145310

pls give serious replies
>>
Am I the only one who thinks every country in the world except Japan is shit? I'm just waiting for some planetary union at this point. When will all this humans realize they're just worthless animals...
>>
>>57145469
Stupid fucking frogposter
>>
>>57145472
>every country in the world except Japan is shit?

and what makes japan so different, weaboo?
>>
>>57145472
>Am I the only one who thinks every country in the world except Japan is shit?
Weeaboo detected

Protip:
All countries are shit
>>
>>57145487
the people living there
>>
>>57145499
You mean the most xenophobic and two faced people on the planet?
>>
>>57145472
youll die in an earthquake
>>
>>57145469
Basically, this won't work. If only 1 subpixel is changed the whole hash would be different.
What you can do is splitting recursively every images in 4 regions and search based on average pixel colors.

>>57145487
>>57145497
Where do you think the chan culture come from? :^)
Japan is love.
>>
>>57145499

i never met an actual japanese in person.
what makes them so radically different? japan is a capitalist workaholic culture, just as the US.
>>
>>57145519
Xenophobia is good for you

>>57145540
Selflessness; respect for the community.
This comes from ethnic and cultural homogenity.
America is the opposite of this, which is why they are so often very selfish.
>>
>>57145531
You need enough shitty people to get chans started.
Japan had a head start there.
>>
File: pyo.jpg (116KB, 1080x1350px)
pyo.jpg
116KB, 1080x1350px
korea is better
>>
>>57145557
So you define yourself as shitty? I don't think that's the case if you mean you're unfit to the current social norms.
>>
>>57145519
>You mean the most xenophobic
It's the current year, after all.
>>
>>57145556

i got the impression that this apparent selflessness and politeness of the japanese is simply a cover for a cold, competitive and ruthless culture.

japanese primary schools are a contest for the best university places, from the first day.
>>
>>57145568
Korea's good for the same reason as Japan
>>
/!\ A L E R T /!\

New thread
>>57145590
>>57145590 >>57145590
>>57145590 >>57145590 >>57145590
>>57145590 >>57145590
>>57145590

/!\ A L E R T /!\
>>
>>57145579
There's nothing wrong with competition.
School should be competitive, that's how you make it effective.

If you want to see what I mean about homogeny, look at what happened to the UK after mass migration and the fall in Christianity.
And if you want to see what I mean by competitive schools, look at what happened to the UK's education system after they banned new grammar schools.

It's important for people to have something in common.
>>
>>57145611

you are right on some level, but there are countless ethnically/culturally homogenous countries that are absolute shit to live in.

so other factors matter a lot as well, in which japan is not really unique.
>>
>>57145429

This isn't really a complaint. I'd still rather live in the US for numerous other reasons. But if you're going to bitch about our infrastructure being behind yours... NO SHIT! It is significantly cheaper for you.

>>57145444

>and far below historical average rates
And here is where we can talk about the issue by comparing apples to apples. Our infrastructure today is much worse than it used to be. And I'm not just talking in relative terms here -- our bridges and roads are in a state of disrepair in many parts of the country. Yet we have a much more divided congress than ever, and every 4 years due to our shitty electoral college and first past the post voting system, and the fact that the two parties currently in power both force major compromises. Do you want a fiscal conservative? You aren't going to get one in the democrats, and if you vote for the republicans, they might try to make the vote harder for you. Do you want to keep your guns? Well, actually, no candidate right now is going to protect those rights! Unless of course you vote third party...

>>57145449

I never implied that. In fact, I implied the opposite.
>>
>>57145574
>So you define yourself as shitty?
Yes, as well as anybody else who regularly visits chans.
>>
>>57145650
You have a very large country, a very large population and can more than afford it.
But your people are obsessively greedy
>>
>>57145667
Is this Stockholm syndrome or you are truly brainwashed?
>>
>>57142223
>tfw to smart for emacs
>>
File: 1475003607058.jpg (132KB, 1195x397px) Image search: [Google]
1475003607058.jpg
132KB, 1195x397px
Can we talk about programming in the /daily programming thread/?

Why is C# so based?
>>
>>57146494
How about you post in the thread that isn't dead?

And yes, I agree.
>>
>>57142782
It's that prefix to infix thing. FTS.
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.