[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MVC Frameworks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Hey, I learned Django[Python] a while back and built a few projects on it, but, lately, I've been working with Spring[Java] on RESTful APIs, so, I'm trying to do the same sort of MVC blog project/website applications, but I'm not really sure which Framework is the best to use for the frontend. Thymeleaf? JSP? Something else entirely?

Does anyone have experience with this, and, moreover, some tutorials to link?

Thanks, /g/ents
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>57131334
If you can fully separate presentation logic, you might want to just build a self-contained JS+HTML client that interacts with the backend only through the REST API.

You might want to ask this again in /wsg/.

>>>/g/wsg
>>
>>57131450
I meant

>>>/g/wdg
>>
File: CURRENT YEAR.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
CURRENT YEAR.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>Spring
>>
>>57131450
Thanks, anon.

I'm at least somewhat Jargon illiterate, so I need a bit of clarification about what that means:

self-contained JS+HTML client --
So, I don't really know what that means.
Are you saying to host a different page, somewhere, that accesses the API through some JavaScript GETs? I'm not really sure how I'd get it live, or whether I'd want to separate it. I like ThymeLeaf because it allows me to pass in objects directly into an html template from a mapping, but maybe there's another, more conventional way.
>>
>>57131519
>>Spring

Is there something better for Java?
>>
>>57131560
EE? Play?
>>
>>57131519
absolutely nothing wrong with it desu
>>
>>57131748
>absolutely nothing wrong with it desu

OP, here.

I wouldn't exactly say that.

I definitely prefer doing apps in a strongly-typed language, but, when you look at how much simpler to understand a think like Django is, it's a far cry from saying "absolutely nothing wrong with it" about alternatives.

Like, FUCK, I don't know jack shit about all this xml one has to type for certain MVC stuff, and it seems like a lot of typing for no damn reason.

All I've been able to do with spring, so far, is use Spring Boot to generate APIs consumed by , say, Android apps.
>>
>>57131815
>>57131748

* though I would greatly appreciate your help, if you got good materials on it.
>>
spring is hard as fuck for a beginner, especially for someone who has never used MVC pattern before, but after you finish writing boilerplate code and understand what is going on it is pretty fun to write stuff in
>>
>>57131955
>spring is hard as fuck for a beginner, especially for someone who has never used MVC pattern before, but after you finish writing boilerplate code and understand what is going on it is pretty fun to write stuff in

I know what you mean, but do you think you could help me out, a bit?

I'm at the level where I understand Spring Boot well enough that a RESTful API is no problem at all to me, and where I have no issues at all with other MVC frameworks, like Django, but when it comes to getting any frontend framework, like JSP or Thymeleaf, I have a lot of trouble.

First things first: What kind of frontend should I even be using?
Step 2, where's a tutorial to learn how to use it?
>>
>>57130590
Literally all of the server-side rendered solutions in Java are complete shit.

Use it as an API or don't do web development in Java.
>>
>>57132014

Isn't working with JS complete shit, though?

I mean, as far as programming languages go, it's the fucking worst, and I'd hope to minimize using it as much as possible.
>>
JSF or JSP
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.