[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just keep good ol' Windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: B7YSJGJCAAAKn49.jpg (33KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
B7YSJGJCAAAKn49.jpg
33KB, 600x300px
It is fun to install and play with Linux. But you will be very glad to go back to Windows. Don't waste your time. There will be at least one thing that doesn't work right. You will think you are different or even cool at first because you have something that is not like what your friends computers have. You will put many hours trying to get things to work the way they are supposed too. Why waste all this time when Windows is UNIVERSAL which means everything is designed to work with it? Forget about rebelling against M$. They don't care. Privacy concerns? Do you have a Facebook page? Bill Gates can just go there to see who you are without having to spy on your Windows OS. Just keep Windows and enjoy life with it.
>>
>facebook page
only retarded normies use social media shit
>>
>>57106075
>think OP is a cool guy
>reinstall windows
>CC stolen by microshit, SS stolen
>Bill gates uses my identity to take out a loan and buy water for starving africans
>can't compile shit without IDEs or Visual Shity-O
>kill self
>reinstall gentoo
>everything is fixed :')
>>
Nobody cares what OS you use. If you feel special for using windows, go ahead.
But don't spread lies about A as an argument to use B.
You seem like an idiot.
>>
>>57106075
>nothing to hide xdddxdx
>facebook
>posting 3d whores
kys retarded normie
>>
>>57106075
>Windows
>ever working
Ha
That's why I switched in the first place, fag
GNU/Linux is a way easier environment than Windows
>>
>>57106100
>>57106106
>>57106160
>>57106183
kys, only use gnu/linux has is for those autistic desktop threads. fucking /g/ has gone to shit.
>>
>>57106075
>Have linux
>Damn cant install guitar pro
>Find tuxguitar
>Actually is damn good and supports all the tab formats
>metronome sounds right, no weird delays and so on
>Need to install java or python, press ctrl alt t and enter a one line command
Linux makes me actually love freecucks
Idk guys I dont have probs
>>
>>57106075
God I wanna piss all over her
>>
>>57106209
I am a scientist. I use GNU/Linux and there is absolutely no way I could replace it. Leave.
>>
>3DPD
You can't even shill right, Rajeet.
>>
> Use Chrome OS
> Boots in seconds
> Updates in seconds
> No malware/viruses
> No backups
> No preinstalled bloatware
> No random pop-ups
> Still have Win 10 puter
> Just Steam and Origin installed
> Use it for nothing else
>>
>>57106116
s/idiot/troll
>>
>>57106280
It's pretty surprising how much quality applications are available for Linux if you exclude video editing and other production software.
>>
>>57106075
I only boot to Windows to draw circles.
>>
>>57106597
Lolwut?
>>
You put in minimal effort, but it's still better than most of the shitposting here.
3/10
>>
>>57106209
>defending social media on /g/
I don't know where /g/ has gone, but you've clearly never been a part of it. Fuck off you hook-nosed skype.
>>
>>57106529
edgy
>>
>>57106100
what about diaspora?
>>
>>57106075
Don't have Facebook. Don't have things that don't work on Linux. So, why use Windows if everything I use works fine on Linux? I mean *everything*. You say "but ur gaymes!" I say "I don't play any PC games". Fuck you and your shill threads.
>>
>>57106075
>Don't waste your time. There will be at least one thing that doesn't work right
If only one, or even two or three things don't work, then it's still better than Windows.

>Why waste all this time when Windows is UNIVERSAL which means everything is designed to work with it?
Except most software development tools basically don't work on Windows.

>Privacy concerns? Do you have a Facebook page? Bill Gates can just go there to see who you are without having to spy on your Windows OS.
I don't post my passwords or any other private information on Facebook.

>>57107134
>F*ck off you hook-nosed sk*pe
>>>/r/eddit
>>
When will this stupid KYS meme die?
>>
>>57106075
Tell that to an Arch user. Autistic fags from hell.
>>
It must be hard being a Windows shill these days. Protip: Only work sites where the users have IQs < 100. Or just go over to /pol/. Seriously, you're wasting your time on /g/. It's like spitting into the wind.
>>
>>57107524
You fuckers on /g have a pretty high opinion of yourselves. Unfortunately it's based on nothing more than your own opinions. Which don't mean shit to most people.
>>
File: ncta.png (14KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
ncta.png
14KB, 500x400px
>>57107560
>>
File: 1451038087068b.png (1MB, 2000x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1451038087068b.png
1MB, 2000x1122px
>>
File: 1457023527377.webm (3MB, 747x420px) Image search: [Google]
1457023527377.webm
3MB, 747x420px
>Use Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB
>Everything's fine guys
>>
>>57107576
How do you know what OS In use? You guys and your half assed assumptions. Priceless. Did mommy not pay enough attention to you?
>>
>>57106075
I'm going to figure how to use precise puppy to manually delete malware from people's computers and charge them
>>
switched fully to linux since i quit vidya a while ago, all i do is some programming,surfing 4chan and listening to music, linux is perfect for me.
>>
>>57107621
Windows 10 made me look into Linux again after many years. Ended up installing Manjaro and lucky me most of my games I play for years are Linux ready anyways (Paradox etc).
>>
I have a Mac and a Windows PC, yet I run a Linux distro on both of them. Windows is complete trash.
>>
>>57106436
>i am a scientist (name one field in which linux would far outweigh any other OS, and don't go for ''i-im a...a nasa s-s-scientist!"
>i also browse an image board for trans gendered faggots
fuck off, pajeet.
why would anyone lie on the internet?
>>
>>57107576
holy fuck that fucked up graph to make it seem like linux has 80% more participants than windows. also
>ncta.com
not a valid source, not even fucking credible, kys
>>
>>57107841
Apparently Bil Gates has a low I.Q.
>>
>>57107822
>name one field in which linux would far outweigh any other OS

Not the guy you were talking to, but geophysics is heavily-entrenched UNIX land.

I'm close to graduating, and I shit you not, all my professors (more than half of them working in the field apart from doing academics) all have Thinkpads with some flavour of Linux on it, most also dualboot.

Same goes for the astronomers we share the campus with. Hell, the computer lab is run by an accomplished astronomer with Linux kernel patches to his name who wears nothing but sweatervests and GNU shirts.
>>
File: titan.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
titan.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>57107822

Uh oh! Somebody doesn't know what a supercomputer is, and is completely retarded.
>>
>>57107134
>>>/lgbt/

Go throw your hissy fit somewhere else.
>>
>>57107620
No need friend. Malwarebytes literally does 90 percent of the work. You're welcome.
>>
>>57107900
University?
>>
File: Win_NSA.png (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Win_NSA.png
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>57106075
you can leave no,pajeet.
>>
>>57106075
You won't be getting paid for this, Mark. This is extremely poor performance. See me after your shift is over.
>>
>>57106209
VMWare would like a word with you
Google too
Oh, and Apache
And Red Hat too
Probably some others as well
>>
Interesting, I came here to say that I have given up on Windows because I cannot find an activated version of Windows 10, so I installed Simplicity OS until I find a working version. I'm installing the nVidia driver for my GTX560 right now.

Anyone know of a good torrent resource? Demonoids Win 10 activated ISOs are all not activated.
>>
>>57106075
>You will think you are different or even cool at first because you have something that is not like what your friends computers have.
>your friends
Where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>57106552
The video editing is not too bad though. Better than what comes packaged
with windows.
>>
>>57107900
>wears nothing but sweatervests and GNU shirts

donald duckin it.
>>
>>57106552
>if you exclude all software that's actually used by professionals
OK
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.