[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The third way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 19

File: macbook-portss-bleed.jpg (128KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
macbook-portss-bleed.jpg
128KB, 2048x1365px
What the actual fuck, why in 2016 you have to spend at least 1600$ for a personal computer that:

> Doesn't contains ads (Win10 has them)
> Doesn't reboot when it wants (Win10 does it)
> Doesn't need to install drivers from shitty manufacture sites (Win10 again)
> Have some decent professional softwares to work on it (Lincucks will defend this)
> Have a decent font rendering that doesn't make your eyes burn while reading (Win10 again)
> Doesn't need to use fucking CLI everytime to do simply anything, like installing Spotify or checking temps (Lincucks will defend this)

I think that I'm asking something very basic, that everyone can use without problems or timesinking his time.

Besides Apple macOS and Microsoft Windows, why in fucking 2016 we don't have a third commercial OS that can be a compromise between them? Like a BSD-based distribution preinstalled on average laptop (600€)? An OS focused on accessibility, usability and that it doesn't look like a jewlery piece made of aluminium, sapphire, glass; instead made of decent plastic.
>>
Because people are ok with spending 1600 buckaroos every year to have features taken away. They usually refered to as "sheeple".
>>
File: beos-logo.png (6KB, 298x442px) Image search: [Google]
beos-logo.png
6KB, 298x442px
people tried. but the market is broken. microsoft should take a lot of the blame.
>>
>basing purchasing decisions off pre-installed software
>>
>>57082753
Because world is filled with useless fucks like you who do nothing but complain while NEETing in their moms basement and playing games 12 hours a day.
Try to convert at least 30% of human population to linux and every single compatibility problem it has will be solved. Or try to contribute to code, it's open source.
Also you can install osx on non apple hardware.
>>
File: 1469894748638.jpg (33KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
1469894748638.jpg
33KB, 248x252px
>Buy a solid Windows Laptop
>reformat the drive and install a Linux distro of choice
>>
Because consumer electronics are fucking garbage, you have to buy machines built for business.
>>
Win10 doesn't really have ads. You can remove tiles if you don't like them and you won't see them again. Reboot thing is shit but it won't interrupt you. Driver installation is a hassle but it's easy. Font rendering is subjective.

It can be shitty but it's not as bad as you make it look.
>>
>>57082780
No that's not. A lot of my friends are not tech savy and they are actually tired of this.
>>
>>57082815
They might get tired of it but they will still buy it and therefore support Apples fuckery.
>>
>>57082753
>BSD-based distribution preinstalled on average laptop (600€)? An OS focused on accessibility, usability

Get a second hand Macbook
>>
>>57082785
Poor BeOS
>>
Linux has it all and runs on anything for free. It can even run on you're moms vibrator.
>>
>>57082792
The average computer consumer is interested on what the screen shows, not what the machine has under the hood.

>>57082807
Yeah, have fun with sudo apt/yum/pacman everytime you need to install something.
Also, have fun using WINE to get photoshop/FLStudio/Office..... probably your mother doesn't want to learn BASH to listen to music.

>>57082808
If it's garbage, why there isn't a third company that actually improve this shit to make money?

>>57082801
Do you really think that Linux will be "great" if more people will use it? If you want people to move on Linux, you have to simplify it: Install linux is very simple, but every other aspects are hard compared to Windows and MacOS.

>>57082848
Yeah, have fun using your cum encrusted macbook from late 2009
>>
>>57082753
You know you can just use linux that isn't gentoo and doesn't require you to use CLI at all. And you can use wine, vm or dualboot for that photoshop to be hipster artist.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>57082899
>Yeah, have fun with sudo apt/yum/pacman everytime you need to install something.
>Also, have fun using WINE to get photoshop/FLStudio/Office..... probably your mother doesn't want to learn BASH to listen to music.
Are you retarded or only pretending?
>>
>>57082899
>every other aspects are hard compared to Windows and MacOS.
you can't possibly claim that using synaptic is more difficult than finding an exe on some obscure site and then install it?

>Yeah, have fun using your cum encrusted macbook from late 2009
Can't you at least pretend to be a reasonable human being?
>>
File: 1475067426525.png (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475067426525.png
19KB, 500x500px
>>57082899
>>
>>57082925
pretending to be retarded is retarded too isn't it?
>>
File: 1374999893986.png (160KB, 568x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1374999893986.png
160KB, 568x1023px
>>57082983
Of course.
>>
>>57082899
>Do you really think that Linux will be "great" if more people will use it? If you want people to move on Linux, you have to simplify it: Install linux is very simple, but every other aspects are hard compared to Windows and MacOS.

Yes. If developers would actually care about supporting linux then getting anything to work on would pretty much require launching software center of your distro and installing package.
Linux is "hard" because most of the time you have to go through hoops and loops to get shit you use on other operating systems working. If you only use linux native programs then there is nothing hard about it and you pretty much never have to launch terminal for anything.
Everything really comes down to the fact that developers see no reason to develop for platform that has such a low userbase, and due to this users don't see a point in switching to platform that is not supported.
>>
>>57082753
Just use Windows 7

Problem solved
>>
>>57082899
Using apt or pacman is a lot faster than having to search for the .exe of the program you want.

>open terminal
>sudo apt-get install program

vs

>open web browser
>google "program download"
>click
>click
>click
>click
>wait for download to finish before opening it
>welcome to the installer!
>next
>i agree
>next
>>
>>57083184
Although to be fair I've found myself googling the exact name of the package.

Like hyphens and version numbers and shit
>>
>>57082753
Just build a hackintosh if you aren't willing to accept that linux has graphical package managers.
>>
>>57082914
the only professional software that does work in wine is photoshop, nothing else
vm is too slow
why bother dualbooting when you can just use os x for both?

and all linux distribution will require terminal in one way or another
>>
>>57083266
the only professional software i use is solidworks, which has no osx version
i just dualboot, using windows solely for solidworks
>>
>>57083184
you mean
>open terminal
>sudo apt-get install program
>sudo apt-get install program1
>sudo apt-get install program.1
>sudo apt-get install program1.0
>sudo apt-get install program.1.0
>open web browser
>google apt-get program
>click
>click
>click
>download package that is not in the repo
>open extract it
>compile from source/use program
>>
>>57082753
Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition with InfinityEdge Screen doesn't have this problem
>>
>>57083084
I don't really understand why companies wouldn't port their software to Linux.
If you're not a terribly shitty programmer your code should be relatively portable, all you would need to do is create small edits for each platform. If you're using some Windows native functions just wrap them in a container, do the same for Linux native functions, and create an implementation agnostic interface that can use either depending on the OS.
It's not like making games for consoles and PC, where the hardware differences are prohibitive. All computers that are not total dog shit have more than enough ram, storage and processing power to deal with small overheads easily.

Vast majority of software could easily be made to run natively on Windows and Linux, with tiny amounts of effort as long as their codebase is not a disgusting shitpile of kludges and bodges.
>>
>>57083301
Those programs run on wine anyway
Dont listen to proffessional software fags here they are just /v/ in disguise
>>
>>57082753
>> Doesn't contains ads (Win10 has them)
My windows has no ads because I removed them, you are an idiot.
>> Doesn't reboot when it wants (Win10 does it)
My windows 10 asks me when to schedule for reboot, can work basically forever on it if I don't want to. What you are referring to is windows 8.
>> Doesn't need to install drivers from shitty manufacture sites (Win10 again)
I had all drivers ready right after installation on a thinkpad t410. Linux DOES NOT HAVE ALL DRIVERS in repository you fuckin dork. There's plenty of hardware with no drivers at all. Windows has 100% of drivers available. Period.
>> Have some decent professional softwares to work on it (Lincucks will defend this)
All professional software works on 10. Next.
>> Have a decent font rendering that doesn't make your eyes burn while reading (Win10 again)
I'm ok with it. Maybe you are just an autist. Get a laptop with a decent screen and you're fine.

Mac OS is horribly dumbed down and you can do shit nothing. Have fun with your horrible bullshit OS you shilling asshole.
>>
File: a2945655ca.png (150KB, 1173x672px) Image search: [Google]
a2945655ca.png
150KB, 1173x672px
>>57083227
apt-get doesn't have such a nice searching like yaourt has?

>>57083266
>the only professional software that does work in wine is photoshop, nothing else
>vm is too slow
What professional software do you need that doesn't have good alternative? If you are an artist or movie editor then you should have enough money for OS X. Linux has all the software average computer user needs. We are on /g/ where most people are programmers and sysadmins, and there is no OS better than linux for these things.
>why bother dualbooting when you can just use os x for both?
Because OP asked for OS that isn't so expensive.
>and all linux distribution will require terminal in one way or another
I've been using xubuntu without terminal for months. There are graphical programs for everything you'll need, including package management.

>>57083285
Or you can just use Tab for auto-completion.

>>57083301
These who made professional exclusive software for OSX are paid by apple. They often use platform specific libraries too and they have terrible programmers.
Notice how indie games usually have good linux support, they are made by team of young passionate programmers in startups.
>>
>>57083315
Honestly I don't know why you would use wine ever, a vm running windows would be a much easier solution. If you really need to you can passthrough the gpu and end up with a tiny couple percent lower performance.

>>57083324
Hope you put on makeup for your scheduled candid Cortana picture taking. And that you write cute notes on your desktop for your scheduled candid screenshot harvest.
>>
>I don't really understand why companies wouldn't port their software to Linux.

THERE'S NO FUCKING MONEY IN IT
>>
>>57082807
The only choice
>>
>>57083356
>Hope you put on makeup for your scheduled candid Cortana picture taking. And that you write cute notes on your desktop for your scheduled candid screenshot harvest
Cortana is disabled on my notebook you dumbfuck. And that shit DOES NOT HAPPEN. Stop spewing bullshit on the web.
>>
>>57082849
Donate for Haiku today and revive the legend
>>
>>57083378
Pajeet is mad.
>>
File: 1434447816735.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1434447816735.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
>linux is too hard meme
youre just retarded
my 60 year old, computer-illiterate mother can use Mint just fine
>>
>>57082753 litteraly any computer can have linux installed on it. You dont have to mess around with drivers, and if you really want, you can get all of work programs working on it. Also, if you don't want to use CLI, you should kys, faggot
>>
>>57083370
The best change of desktop linux happening is android scaling up :^)
>>
>>57082753
Botnet final evolution is coming soon
>>
Somebody please make a stupid questions thread
>>
>>57083285

Actually

>apt search program
>list of programs with name
>apt install program

Tell me what package you needed that wasn't available through apt.
>>
There is no 3rd well supported and polished OS on the market because linux community is autistic and they created 50 distros and 25 desktop environments but all of them are shit. That happens when something is open-source. You cannot avoid it.
>>
File: 1475425799015.jpg (76KB, 780x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475425799015.jpg
76KB, 780x400px
I need a convertible laptop and Windows is the only thing that just werks on it. There are no convertible Macs sadly and Linux support for tablets is not ideal.
>>
I have friend who grew up during 90ties, using computers from the start he works at the university (social sciences), but can program in lisp (emacs), writes bash scripts all fine, uses linux distro. Fun thing is he considers himself tech-illiterate. I wish tech-illiterates were like this, not the people for whom installing a driver is too hard
>>
>>57083520
Hydrus Network
>>
>>57082811
It shouldn't have ads full stop. Same with Samcuck phones, why should I pay £800 for a phone only for it to be preloaded with adware?
>>
>>57083520
Actually,

>type app name
>click on it
>apply
>>
>>57083520
apt, yum, etc make sense for servers. A sysadmin already knows exactly which packages need installed.

It's obscene to tell desktop users to use a CLI package installation tool. There's zero discoverability. You need to know exactly what the package is called already.

>>57084294
This is a GUI wrapper for apt and it shows. The "name" is the lowercase, no-spaces, abbreviated package name! Who the fuck wants to see "firefox-i18n-bg"?

And how do I even install anything with that? The "state" box looks like it's tristate? What happens if I click on it? Do I need to double click the entry instead? If I'm a regular user, why am I expected to know what the fucking fuck a "repository" is? What is a group in this context, what does "state" do? Why do I care if it's in the "community" or "extra" repository? Why do I care about the filesize, why are these things shown as prominently as the name? Why is there no thumbnail? Has ANYONE sat down, looked at this thing from the perspective of a non-developer, and thought about the UI? Has no-one asked a random bystander to check it out and get their feedback?

Compare to the OS X app store. I'm actually not a fan of it- the text is strangely small and the spacing is bad. Quite a rushed design, not what you expect from bundled OSX apps. But it's SO much fucking better than the hunk of shit in your screenshot.
>>
>>57082753
> ads
where are these ads? running botnet os 10 for months and have yet to see an ad. there were suggested apps but there was a setting to turn it off.
>>
File: image.png (24KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
24KB, 500x283px
>>57082753
>>
File: 11.-star-wars-behind-the-scene.jpg (89KB, 910x592px) Image search: [Google]
11.-star-wars-behind-the-scene.jpg
89KB, 910x592px
>>57083433

Thank you. I worked at an AM radio station as en engineer. I was the de acto tech support. I installed mint on 5 machines who owners were 60 years old plus, not to mention my parents and relatives (it was quicker than win and the drivers bullshit)

honestly this gentoo meme needs to die - and fast. mint just works and whatver its faukts are just shut your fucking mouth. it just works and is making the year of he linux blah blah blah happpen faster than any of you kernal compiling MIPS EMACS LXDE CLI neckbeards
>>
>>57082753
>Doesn't need to use fucking CLI everytime to do simply anything, like installing Spotify

It's more convenient even compared to the GUI way.
>find download link first
>start setup
>next
>next
>next
>next
>next
>Finish
>remove the setup exe

and now every application needs to have it's own updater

the CLI way is
package-manager install-flag package-name and package-manager update-flag
Now you're ready to go.
>>
>>57084379 (Me)
Oh, and I haven't even got to the best part. You see, hardly anyone half-competent actually uses the OSX app store. The sandbox thing makes it annoying to even do arbitrary file I/O. Users just download or buy apps directly from their suppliers.

Either they're provided as zipped .app directories, to be double-clicked and the extracted product dragged to /Applications- or they're provided as a DMG complete with a pleasant drag-and-drop Finder window and a handy shortcut to Applications. It's very rare for an application to need any kind of installer wizard, and users get annoying when they do.

*nix users bitch about updates with direct installs like this, but somehow it works out just fine with apps happily updating themselves regularly.

Now, try doing this on desktop Linux. For the most part, you can't. Providing a statically-linked binary is a recipe for disaster, and in many cases it doesn't work at all. The downloaded file doesn't get marked as executable, so you have to fumble around in the properties to do so (i.e. setting +x). The preferred alternative is to produce native bundle formats for every single fucking distro you want to support. .deb, .rpm, .fuckyou.

It's rare that such a bundle survives a major distro version, so if the bundle was produced for 14.04 and you're running 15.10, and you aren't an expert in hacking things around to force them to work, you just have to wait for an update. Meanwhile EXES produced in the 90s are still working mostly fine on Windows 10, and it's a similar story for old OSX apps.

I do happen to be a developer and if I really had to I'm perfectly capable of using desktop Linux full time. But why the fuck would I do that when there are much better systems available that don't require me to jump through these bullshit hoops?
>>
>>57084379
App stores don't solve this problem though, you still need to know what you need to then install it. It's exactly the same as a package manager with a search function but with icons.
>>
>>57082753
>fucking 2016 we don't have a third commercial OS that can be a compromise between them?
Because it's not possible.
The only way Microsoft can keep making profit is sell ads and contracts. It have to put ads, use telemetry and sell your data to get money from private corporations and goverment. Having control over your computer and privacy is not something FBI wants for people.
Apple doesn't do that because they earn money from selling expensive software and hardware.
Linux however is free because it's made by programmers for programmers, it works the way savvy people expect from their OS. And because of that it's too hard for normal people.
It's not 90s anymore, there is no way company can release their own OS that isn't expensive and allows you to control your computer in any way you want, without being savvy.
>>
>>57084487
>this gentoo meme needs to die
Do you also get angry when people don't like the same music you do and say "this rock meme needs to die"? That's the most retarded thing I've read today. Mint is an awesome desktop distro but Gentoo has its uses too.
>>
>>57084512
Yes, an app store a search function (that uses a server backend and actually works well), and they have icons. They also have extensive descriptions and screenshots and demo videos and reviews and top selling charts and featured categories and recommendations and a trillion tiny tweaks so that using it as a regular user doesn't make you want to bash your head open against a brick wall.
>>
>>57083285
What a f. are you doing here?
>>
File: 1470964522209.jpg (23KB, 251x250px) Image search: [Google]
1470964522209.jpg
23KB, 251x250px
>>57082753
>why in 2016 you have to spend at least 1600$ for a personal computer

Build a cheap green PC, or pick up some used / discarded desktops and interchange the parts you want. Reformat with your choice of XP, 7, BSD or Linux. You can manage on a budget as small at $30.
>>
>>57082753
Windows 10 is not a computer.
>>
>>57082899
>every other aspects are hard compared to Windows and MacOS.
What exactly is "hard"?
>>
File: 1389471661464.jpg (96KB, 455x340px) Image search: [Google]
1389471661464.jpg
96KB, 455x340px
>>57084529
the problem is not gentoo, the problem is gentoo/arch fags trying to push their ricer distro on new users experimenting with linux for the first time
>>
>>57083227
>>57083285
Stop using debian/ubuntu, problem solved.
>>
>>57084379
And how do I even install anything with that? The "price" box looks like it's list? What happens if I click on it? Do I need to double click the entry instead? If I'm a regular user, why am I expected to know what the fucking fuck a "Updates" is? What is a "Docs for Microsoft office 365" in this context, what does "<" and ">" do? Why do I care if it's from the "Matt Rajca" or "Joanna Lund"? Why do I care about name of creator, why are these things shown as prominently as the subtitle? Why is there no description? Has ANYONE sat down, looked at this thing from the perspective of a non-developer, and thought about the UI? Has no-one asked a random bystander to check it out and get their feedback?
>>
File: File_000.jpg (230KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
File_000.jpg
230KB, 1224x1445px
>>57082899
>learn BASH to listen to music
>>
>>57082753
>muh professional softwares
Is this seriously the only argument proprietary cucks can come up with? Don't you'll cowards have better things to do than spreadsheets and making ebin image macros in ps
>>
>>57082753
i always do a fresh reinstall anyway. on new hardware, that's like what, 10 minutes? reinstalling drivers might be another 10. granted, i'd rather not need to do this, but it's not as painful as you think.
>>
>>57082753
damn that mac looks beautiful
>>
>>57083324
>I had all drivers ready right after installation on a thinkpad t410. Linux DOES NOT HAVE ALL DRIVERS in repository you fuckin dork. There's plenty of hardware with no drivers at all. Windows has 100% of drivers available. Period.

umm... no. windows is compatible with maybe 90% of the stuff out there, but not 100.
>>
If you're too poor to buy a Mac and too dumb to learn how use Linux, you deserve to get stuck with shitty computers. The world always works itself out so that the poor and dumb get the short stick.
>>
I'm looking for a cheap compatible linux laptop with a long range/fast wireless card. anyone know of a good one?
>>
>>57085094
Thinkpad.
>>
>>57082753
RemixOS. Fits all your criteria except decent professional software. It's Android with a window manager and taskbar.

If AMD doesn't deliver with Zen and Intel stays lazy we'll probably end up using laptops with ARM CPUs and RemixOS in a few years.

There are some productivity apps for Android but Excel for Android isn't like the Windows version. RemixOS isn't the third choice you are looking for today but it could be in the near future.
>>
>>57082753
>$CURRENT_YEAR
kek.
Just buy an Asus Zenbook with a core (l)M(ao) and install Debian Sid on it. I managed to get one new for $600.
>>
>>57082753
Wow, it's almost like laptops are bound to the OS they are shipped with. Really makes you think...
>>
>>57084529
>Mint is an awesome desktop distro
no it isn't
they tried to fix wasn't broken with their package manager and just broke more. Renaming packages and binaries is hella retarded especially when they start conflicting with others
most distros are fine, mint is one of the few exceptions that isn't
>>
>>57084668
>learn
you should excuse yourself off this board and get >>>/out/ for being such a retard. '"programname" "file(s)/directory"' is some sort of mental challenge for you?
>>
>>57085324
They are now
MS is making deals with hard drive manufacturers to make the firmware only support Windows 10
>>
>>57082899
>Yeah, have fun with sudo apt/yum/pacman everytime you need to install something.
they have gui frontends for package managers

and WINE generally works great for things like office and music programs
>>
>>57087427
>they have gui frontends for package managers
Please see >>57084379
>WINE generally works great for things like office
Word and Powerpoint mostly work, after lots of fiddling and provided you're okay with a very old version. Excel barely works. Photoshop CS5 is still rated "garbage". One specific 32-bit version of Lightroom works; the rest are also garbage.
>and music programs
I don't doubt it, but most people aren't attached to particular music players. The bundled one will be fine for 99%.

By the way, all WINE apps look and feel like shit. They have a Win95 appearance and no real way to improve that. Functionality is more important than looks, but
>it's the current year
and we can have both.
>>
>>57083383
Haiku has been Alpha for 13 years.
>>
>>57082753
My Windows 10 doesn't do this.
My Windows 10 laptop came with all the drivers I need.
>> Have some decent professional softwares to work on it (Lincucks will defend this)
My Windows 10 have far more professional software than your expensive toy.
>> Have a decent font rendering that doesn't make your eyes burn while reading (Win10 again)
My Windows 10 have far better font rendering than OS X, which is shit since Yosemite.
>> Doesn't need to use fucking CLI everytime to do simply anything, like installing Spotify or checking temps (Lincucks will defend this)

I guess you needed to overcome buyers' remorse posting this shit, so whatever m8.
>>
Just use TempleOS
>>
>>57082830
This.
Capitalism is a lie
>>
>>57089197
Microsoft only became a monopoly because of the government (copyright and patent law along with teaming up with schools to put windows and office on every computer)
>>
>>57082753

Linux

Linux

Linux

What does this even fucking mean? You can run Office on Linux, even. You can also run a VM for your legacy software.

Linux

>> Doesn't need to use fucking CLI everytime to do simply anything, like installing Spotify or checking temps (Lincucks will defend this)

This is just a plain falsehood.

>I think that I'm asking something very basic, that everyone can use without problems or timesinking his time.

I installed KDE Neon on my wife's computer after she got fed up with Windows 7 and hated the possibility that she would have to go to 10. There is no "time sink" - GahNooh Linux is perfectly fine for the computer illiterate (although I am trying to teach her things).

>Besides Apple macOS and Microsoft Windows, why in fucking 2016 we don't have a third commercial OS that can be a compromise between them?

This used to exist, in two forms: OS/2 and BeOS. But you faggots wouldn't buy them because of "muh windows compatibility" even though OS/2 ran Windows software better than Windows. BeOS was really really nice and so was OS/2 with its Object Oriented Workplace Shell, an OOUI.

>Like a BSD-based distribution preinstalled on average laptop (600€)? An OS focused on accessibility, usability and that it doesn't look like a jewlery piece made of aluminium, sapphire, glass; instead made of decent plastic.

Chromebook.

OP is a moron.
>>
>>57084637
No, the problem is you retards making strawman arguments and choking any potential users from improving the distro by increasing the user base. It worked on gentoo, but somehow Arch is working fine.
>>
>he struggles with memorizing / typing words on a virtual terminal
thanks for making me feel better about my own IQ OP
>>
>ITT: shitty troll pretending to be a Mac user
>>
>>57089591

>remembering commands
>related to IQ

Average Linux user intelligence.
>>
>>57089651
>memory doesn't make a part of IQ
lmao @ u
>>
>>57089591
>thanks for making me feel better about my own IQ OP

This.

>OP complains about the command line

Microsoft needed so badly to improve their command line interpreter that they invented PowerShell. If you have ever used PS, you know what kind of a clusterfuck it is. This is mostly because of the.Ridiculous.waY.ObjeCts.andFunctions.are.NaMeD and reading them hurts my eyes after a few minutes.

PS has logorrhea.
>>
>>57082753
The market agrees with you.
That's why Chromebooks passed Macbooks in market share.
>>
>>57082753
Just curious, what do you check your temps on in OS X? I use istats, which is a CLI ruby gem.
>>
>>57085021
Fuck off with this meme. No manufacter releases a product that isn't compatible with Windows. You can't say the same about Gnu.

Most of my hardware is only Windows/Mac.
>>
>>57083353
>What professional software do you need that doesn't have good alternative?

AutoCAD. "Good" is not IDENTICAL. I don't give a shit what you need and I hope you die of anal leprosy for being stupid. Some of us have work do do.
>>
File: 1474746589769.png (234KB, 840x708px) Image search: [Google]
1474746589769.png
234KB, 840x708px
>>57090676
>>
>>57082753
Hackintosh the said cheap laptop.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.