[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TV antennas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 15130990.jpg (11KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
15130990.jpg
11KB, 600x600px
I'm trying to get so!e local channels for my TV. Haven't had an antenna since they went digital. Got myself a square one and it doesn't get a single channel. I went and bought an amplifier and the scan showed 7 channels but theyd only work for a few seconds then nothing. I live in a major city. What setup should I get for some TV?
>>
>>56999263

https://www.antennaweb.org/Address

Go here and type in your address to see what the recommended antenna type and placement is. No matter what you're gonna want to get an amplified one.
>>
>>56999500
It just says I need the most basic which obviously isn't true. If it helps I can only have it indoor.
>>
The kind you have can't be adjusted you have to move it and then scan it to see what channels you can get. Also don't cheap out on them. Get one that is really damn good with an amp with a large range. Or if you don't care get an outdoor antenna and bring it inside as they are much more powerful than indoor ones are. Also do >>56999500 to find the best location to face it and then scan to find channels. Getting netflix with an antenna is a big fuck you to the cable companies and is the best combo.
>>
So close >>56999999
>>
>>56999263
Are u in a strong signal area? You might want to check. I know you said you are in a city but you can have black spots. Did you check what your neighbours have? I am in a medium strength, none of the indoor ones worked for me. I kinda gave up. From memory you might have to place it n the right direction..but that could be total bollocks.
Also heard of people who swear by the amplified ones and people who think it's fake...so prepare thyself for the responses here. Best of luck anon.
>>
>>56999263
Watching tv in this age.
>>
File: IMG_20161009_133920.jpg (732KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161009_133920.jpg
732KB, 3072x1728px
Update I went an bought an $80 one from Best Buy and it got 6 channels I one location but none of the channels I wanted. Relocating it has only gotten worse reception. $150 is like the most expensive antenna they have, seems like I'm going to have to get that one just to see some local news.
>>
>>56999997
>big fuck you to the cable companie

lel
8 times out of 10 thry are also your only internet source
>>
>>57001339
Whats your surroundings area look like
Lot of hills?
Do you got decent los to the broadcasting antenna

Sometimes you can be just shit out of luck
>>
>>57001339
do you know how antennas work? these things aren't magic, m8
>>
>>57001339
>Best Buy
You could have gotten a much better and much cheaper one online.
>>
>>57003302
but muh 15 day money back jurentee
>>
>>57002534
No but near an airport could that be a problem?

>>57003302
Needed to return them.

>>57002773
Returned it, bought a $130 antenna, still didn't give anything better. Returned it and gave up.
>>
>TV too difficult for OP
better stick to ...

wait, what's something easier than TV?
>>
>>57004705
Listening to radio.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.