[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /g/ like MR. ROBOT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: mr-robot-banner.jpg (465KB, 2880x1260px) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot-banner.jpg
465KB, 2880x1260px
does /g/ like MR. ROBOT?
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>56973668
S2 was an abomination
>>
>>56973668
is full of shit
not a hacker tv show but a political drama one
>>
I don't mind it but some of it can be a bit forced
>>
hes a l33t h4xx0r just like me
>>
>>56973714
explain
>>
dude we deleted your debt and fixed the economy XDDDD
>>
>>56973668
Why would you seek validation from /g/ of all places?
>>
>>56973668
It's pretty much one of the few shows /g/ watches that isn't anime, so it's neutral here

But i wonder what /g/ thinks about Silicon Valley more. Do some get triggered by the Indian guy?
>>
The show doesnt make sense, they took down the world banking system, and the whole second season is the guy sitting at a basketball court and other petty bullshit. The guy is a serious lamer who should have been killed a bunch of times
>>
>>56973835
>sitting at a basketball court and other petty bullshit
he was in prison
>>
>>56973835
So i didn't missed anything. 1st ep was good even if it's not too realistic but close enough.
>>
>>56973790
except in season 2 they go through serious regret over how they did that

>>56973835
watch further in, like the poster above me said
it all makes sense in the end but i'll spoil it anyway
elliot got jew'd by the cops and spent 80 days or so in prison
trust that he met a dark army nigger inside
>>
>>56973886
oh yeah, he was in prison for taking down the entire world monetary system and *then* he sat on a basketball court, now it all makes sense
>>
>>56973929
he was in jail for what he did to that man with the dog
>>
File: 147395919529.png (528KB, 387x720px) Image search: [Google]
147395919529.png
528KB, 387x720px
Its structured like anime with the whole abstract shit and frequent monologues so I love it.

However,
>smart enough to hack large corporations and conglomerates
>can't foresee their consequences
>>
Really killed it at the imagination thing. Fuck this show.
>>
>>56973788
Its entirety obviously anti establishment anti capitalism anti Western culture. Written by a jew lover, no doubt.
>>
>>56973714
this
>>
>>56973835
Thanks for spoiling it,
asshole
>>
>>56973974
>Its structured like anime with the whole abstract shit and frequent monologues so I love it.
Really?
Gonna watch it
>>56974012
You shouldn't be on a thread that can spoiler you/haven't watched but considering
>>
>>56974001
>jew lover
kek'd for Sam Esmail
>>
>>56974022
The whole show is thinly veiled marxist programming, i couldn't make it past 3 episodes it was so blatantly obvious. This show has the mark of the jew all over it. Culture destroyers.
>>
>>56974081
explain
>>
>>56973807
silicon valley is 9/10 in comedy wise
whole season 1 was made because of that jerk equation
>>
>>56974081
Then i'm a jew. Deal with it.
>>
>>56974136
One day you will be dealt with, dont worry. It has happened hundreds of times, it will happen again.
>>
File: 58Irrr9.jpg (54KB, 504x511px) Image search: [Google]
58Irrr9.jpg
54KB, 504x511px
Mr. Robot is fucking garbage.

Originally stopped watching it five minutes into the pilot after the grand opening scene establishes the main character as being a piece of shit faggot snitch, calling the cops on a guy for running a Tor site. Fuck that, don't need no fucking narc protagonist. I'd rather fucking watch CSI Cyber reruns (and do).

Went back to the show a few months later and watched a few more episodes--boring, forgettable crap.

The only real selling point is Christian Slater, because he's awesome in everything, but he doesn't get nearly enough screen time.

Avoid.

Watch RL Stine's Eye Candy with Victoria Justice instead.

https://youtu.be/mM9H94jYrNE

>"Eye Candy," based on the best-selling novel of the same name by R.L. Stine. The hour-long, 10-episode drama centers on tech genius Lindy, played by Victoria Justice, a 21-year-old hacker with a gift for seeing clues and connections in the digital world that others can't.

>Persuaded by her roommate to try online dating, Lindy begins to suspect that one of her suitors is a deadly cyber stalker. When the local cyber-crimes unit uncovers a potential serial killer in Manhattan, all signs point to this mysterious stalker. Teaming up with the cyber unit and some hacker friends, Lindy leads the charge to solve these murders while unleashing her own style of justice on the streets of New York City.
>>
>>56974283
>girl
>hacker
Spare me
>>
>>56973807
Halt and catch fire
>>
>>56973668
>Watching the televised jew
>>
Yes but I'm from >>56973682
>>
>>56974012
i'm pretty sure he's not dead though
>>
/g/ assblasted because they will never be elite hackers like Elliot
So jelly
>>
File: 1186875524403.gif (340KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1186875524403.gif
340KB, 480x270px
>>56974743
>not the electric jew
ja blew it
>>
>>56974283
>getting mad that main character narcs out a pedophile site admin

Chris Hansen would like a word.
>>
File: go the fuck back.png (275KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
go the fuck back.png
275KB, 500x492px
I'd rather watch Krysten Ritter fuck niggers.
>>
>>56973711
Goddammit, i didn't like it that much too
>>
File: le kde guy.jpg (74KB, 640x959px) Image search: [Google]
le kde guy.jpg
74KB, 640x959px
It's okay, I'm on KDE myself.
>>
>>56973668
No. It's stupid.
>>
>>56973902
He wasn't Dark Army
He was simply paid to watch over him
Someone who knew how prisons worked and operated
>>
>>56976721
did you see the after credits scene ? black jail guy finds fat IT man and muslim girl working at a circuit city in Arizona after they try to run away.
>>
>>56974001
The show is pro capitalist. It makes all the defectors look like morons by the end of season 2.
>>
>>>56973668 (OP)
it's basically /pol/+SJW bullshit; so no.
>>
People need to accept it as it is--a 'hacker' show that took little bit more time doing its homework than pulling out nonsensical jargon out their ass like CSI: Cyber.

I think one thing people need to realize is that it's easy to destroy things--it's easy enough to walk out into a street with a gun and kill someone dead. It's dealing with the consequences that's hard. Literally the first half of the season was Elliot desperately trying to pull his life back together, and distance himself from an incident that he didn't quite have full control over.

There are plenty of reasons to hate this show--first season played too much like Fight Club, but complaining about the hacking psuedo-science shouldn't be one of them.
>>
>>56976375
First of all, he was only accused of distributing CP, not selling. Secondly, the specific content he may have been hosting doesn't matter, a snitch is a snitch.

Not to mention that this whole scene was a, frankly embarassing, attempt by the writers to glom onto the, by then dated, events of OpDarknet in a pathetic attempt to appeal to that kind of skiddie demographic ('ooh, he narcs on CP Tor sites, just like Anonymous, and they're cool and anti-establishment, so he's cool and anti-establishment, despite actually doing the work of the establishment for it in this case!').
>>
>>56976803
how was it embarrassing ? its totally inline with the character. he is mad at the financial sector he knows nothing about for childish reasons and takes after a cheesy horror movie he watched as a teen. makes perfect sense he would white knight over cp.
>>
>>56976803
>Anonymous is cool hacker group

i am so tired of this normie meme
>>
>>56976803
You misunderstand his motives--Elliot is pretty much a nihilist who largely does stuff out of whims, even if it risks personal injury.

He hacks people because he can, and rather than try and pull a profit out of it, he reports it out of some shallow sense of justice.

He doesn't look for fame or glory--he's a dark knight and a vigilante that does things for no one but himself and the people he has personal connections with.

It's Mr. Robot--that deep-rooted personal vendetta against large corporations that spurred the whole project.
>>
>>56976803
>snitch is a snitch

Chill chill homie, your perception of morality is skewed. A snitch is only a snitch if it's something petty, like stealing money. But turning someone in because they are a legitimate threat to society, like a murder, is not snitching.
>>
>>56973668
What I hated most was how they choosed the cheapest story telling techniques and ofc the politically correct leading character.

oh but that makes me hate the whole thing, isn't it?
>>
>>56973898
>even if it's not too realistic

Are you fucking retarded? It's literally the most realistic show to depict hacking/cracking EVER. Especially the first season. There isn't a single piece of software they use that isn't real, and isn't capable of exactly what it did on the show.

That's actually the only thing I LIKE about it. The rest of the show is fucking garbage, but at least they managed to make hacking/cracking look interesting without obnoxious 3D cubes or floating through pseudocode.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.