[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we get a landscape keyboard phone made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Nokia-N950-989.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nokia-N950-989.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
How do we get a landscape keyboard phone made?
>>
Make it as a MotoMod for the Moto Z so you can type with your MotoKeyboard.
>>
I miss physical phone keyboards so fucking much

Also OP looks gorgeous
>>
>>56932827
Spam it on the technology board on 4 chan
>>
get priv instead
>>
>>56932827
Can you type on lanscape mode on your touch screen? If not, it's stupid if someone make it.
>>
File: HTC_desire_z.jpg (78KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
HTC_desire_z.jpg
78KB, 600x456px
>>56932827
Give your money to Neo900 project :^)

But no, seriously, I would also like to see landscape keyboard return. But I would not want to see some crowdfounding project that will either result in chinese-quality product or just take money and get off the grid.
Would petition work? Get few keyboardfags to sign it and send it to HTC or any other manufacturer that has already made a phone w/ keyboard?

my pic related is getting a bit worked up, would like to get something new
>>
>>56932827

I had a cheap ass LG KS360 years ago with a Landscape Keyboard......it was great for sending text messages.
>>
>>56933985
I don't like it. Because it's so tall moving your thumb from the keyboard to the screen to click something is a hassle. Also the keyboard is not as good as on the Classic.
>>
>>56934026
Yours is still working?

By the time I retired mine two years ago it had 3 broken keys on the keyboard. That's what happens when you play emulators all day while stuck in some shitty army base.
>>
>>56934151
yep, still working. I am trying to take good care of it, but like I said, it's getting worked up.
Sometimes I have to press keys a bit harder for them to register. And it's specs are starting to show their age. But overall I am really happy that I got it and it served me very well over the years. That's why I think that if landscapekeyboardfags are going to ask a phone manufacturer to make keyboards great again, they should ask HTC.
>>
I miss the keyboard on my HTC Tilt. I'll never be as fast on touchscreens as I was on landscape keyboards.
>>
>>56934363
>speed on phone keyboard
nothing worthy is lost
>>
>>56932827
i'd love to see someone designing new board for droid 3. i don't even mind terrible display, i would gladly use this device with this 540x960 pentile shit that looks significantly worse than Droid 1, just give me enough processing power for today standards.
>>
>>56932827
You can't.

No company will make 11 units just for the 11 neckbeards in /g/.
>>
>>56936032
>>
What is stopping you guys from buying one of those cases with a bluetooth keyboard built into it?
Granted they only make them for relevant phones, you still have options.
>>
>>56936124
Useless. What if I want to boot into single user mode before bluetooth module loads up? I'm stuck with a command line without a way to input.
>>
>>56936137
So use whatever built in inputs your phone has while booting?
I never turn my phone off, so I don't see why something that constitutes about 0.001% of a phones usage duration makes a tool useless.
>>
my g2 still works other than the digitizer
>>
>>56936124
Because you will have to charge both the phone and the keyboard. And considering it's. Bluetooth it will just drain your batter that much faster.
>>
>>56932844
No please don't do this, OP

Buy a Priv or passport.
You can run almost all your lagdroid apps AND they have the best keyboards on the market.
>>
>>56936444
>keyboard not landscape
Why?
>>
>>56936444
>portrait keyboard
>locked bootloader shit
yeah, no
>>
>>56936456
>>56936469
BB portrait keyboards are god tier. I had countless (actually, around ten) qwerty smartphones and Q10 keyboard was closest to perfection in everyday writing. Droid 3 was itty bitty over Q10 in nerdy shit, with itsr fifth row and easy access to various symbols, but when it comes to simply writing longer emails and messages, Q10 was perfection.

I will buy a Priv soon.
>>
>>56936699
Agreed. Having to upgrade from my q10 at the end of the year unfortunately due to whatsapp support being dropped. Gonna go for the big iphone and hope the large screen makes the onscreen keyboard usable
>>
>>56934026
>Neo900 project
thats a big scam
>>
>>56932827
>>56933333
>>
>>56938757
Not a scam but just utterly useless upgrade over the normal N900.
>>
>>56938736
>Whatsapp

>caring about Totally_Not_Facebook_Messenger
>>
File: unspecified__7_.jpg (62KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified__7_.jpg
62KB, 640x640px
>>56933874
They were so much better :(

I know someone released one not that long ago that was pretty sexy, but the phones features were shit (no SD card, no battery removal) and it was overpriced.

Those are the only 3 features I care about anymore. Removal batteries are non-existent now though and keyboards have been gone for years.

All so these phones can fit into some faggots skinny jeans.
>>
WE NEED THIS!!!

Modern phones are all shit. Bring back the sliders.

Also fuck BlackBerry.
>>
File: 1462347488.jpg (34KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1462347488.jpg
34KB, 600x338px
>>56936699
ever tried the n900? I'm having hard time thinking that someone would prefer a BB kb to a N900 kb.
>>
>>56932827
>Nokia-N950-
what a beauty. i wish theyd made two new versions. with and withoiut kb
>>
>>56940045
The N900 was awesome as a portable ARM platform in general.
>>
>>56940356
yes, it's still the best phone I ever had, all things considered. I could overclock it, underclock it, get root, basically do anything with it. I loved it.
>>
>>56940404
I had Maemo, Debian and Android multi boot on it.
>>
>>56936699
have Priv, using virtual keyboard instead anyway.. it's not the best...
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.