[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why /g/ hates linux mint?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: k.png (241KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
241KB, 1366x768px
why /g/ hates linux mint?
>>
>>56692031
Has no real reason to exist as a distro
>>
>>56692068
this
>>
>>56692068
Agreed. Only thing it has going for it is Cinnamon.

Honestly, the Mint guys should just pack it in and work on Cinnamon full-time.
>>
>>56692068
but why?
>>
Buggy. Especially Cinnamon.
>>
>>56692088
this...
Anyone who is using Mint because of Cinnamon should switch to Arch or one of the Arch-based distros
>>
>>56692101
not him but

>they don't issue any security advisories
>they fork software and re-brand it often times with names that are already taken, making those packages unavailable in the distro
>they put in their own binary packages with binary packages from Debian and Ubuntu without rebuilding them so system upgrades can break your install
>since above is an issue, they took the lazy way out and disabled important patches by default causing the distro to be a security nightmare
>annoying "search enhancement" addon in their Firefox build that even if you remove it will re-add itself after an update

i could go on and on, it's trash
>>
>>56692101
When people say they "like Mint", what they really mean is that they like Cinnamon.

The problem is that Cinnamon isn't exclusive to Mint, and the underlying Mint distro is a whole mess of problems from conceptual to actual. The developers would be better off working on software instead.
>>
why doesn't it have a fucking address bar in the explorer. even if it's an option, why isn't it the default?
>>
>>56692031
werks on my machine, is my daily driver, I would use Debian as it's my favorite but I don't have time to spend hours installing a shit ton of software and configuring for hours, so Mint works fine and Ubuntu would give me error messages and just stop booting after literally nothing happening and Mint doesn't do that for me, so yeah just werks, do all my work on there efficiently and fast
>>
>>56692031
Because it was the buggiest distro I ever installed, the documentation and the forums were filled with bad advice and it breaks by having update that may or may not trash the system

I use Debian myself but I don't think I can suggest it to a Linux greenhorn.

So what distro should we suggest to new users?
U-ubuntu??
>>
>>56692726
Gentoo
>>
>>56692031
Because Windows 10 exists. Linux is for poor people.
>>
>>56692726
We redirect them to >>>/g/fglt/
>>
>>56692857
>implying Fedora or Ubuntu are better than Mint
>>
>>56692031
49 Celsius Degree? shiet dude, you are being cooked
>>
>>56692031
another troll / microshit anti-thread

nobody "hates mint"
>>
>>56692812
Both are free.
>>
>>56692726
Antergos Cinnamon
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.