[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Python Code Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: cat.jpg (133KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
133KB, 1600x1200px
I need to write a very basic code that does three things: asks the user for the amount of each ingredient and the number of servings, adjusts the amount of each and outputs the desired servings and amount of each and ingredient, and finally converts it to gallons.

I have the first part done (it works, I tested it), but I can't figure out how to do the second or third part, so any help would be appreciated. The second part should output the following first "How many servings would you like?" followed by the desired amount.

lemonJuiceCups = float(input('Enter amount of lemon juice (in cups): \n'))
waterCups = float(input('Enter amount of water (in cups): \n'))
agaveNectarCups = float(input('Enter amount of agave nectar (in cups): \n'))
totalServings =int(input('How many servings does this make? \n'))
print("")
print('Lemonade ingredients - yields', float(totalServings), 'servings')
print(lemonJuiceCups, 'cup(s) lemon juice')
print(waterCups, 'cup(s) water')
print(agaveNectarCups, 'cup(s) agave nectar')
>>
>>56613121
Ask in
>>>/g/sqt
or
>>>/g/dpt
and use code tags for god's sake
>>
Divide each variable with the totalservings number to find some kind of ingredient per serving value then multiply by the new number to get the serving for the desired amount
>>
>>56613121
GCSE computing by any chance?
>>
>>56614010
Looks like it
>>
>>56613121
I would advise to think with functions. Suppose you have a named tuple or dictionary that contains the amount for each ingredient. Now, let's have a function called: serve, which takes your ingredients and outputs the remaining amount of ingredients as well as a boolean value which tells you if it could serve one dish.
Do this inside the while loop that you have and viola.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.