[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 35

File: 1438185107265.jpg (88KB, 588x437px) Image search: [Google]
1438185107265.jpg
88KB, 588x437px
>>
CCleaner or BleachBit?
>>
>>56506641
>>56500543
help
>>
Apparently BleachBit. She used it to dupe the EFBEEEYE
>>
>>56507090
PC Cleaning programs are a meme. Just run a disk cleanup on windows then defrag your hard drive after.
>>
File: not an htc10.jpg (541KB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
not an htc10.jpg
541KB, 1840x3264px
>HTC 10 just shows a screen with a red triangle and an exclamation point when it boots
>can boot into recovery mode, download mode and bootloader
>all google results require me to connect to a PC
>the phone doesn't connect to my pc
>can't do anything

what the fuck do I do?
>>
>>56507179
Ask in XDA forums.
>>
Is it safe to overwrite old HDD's in Lorem Itsum?
>>
File: SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg (4MB, 5472x2840px) Image search: [Google]
SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg
4MB, 5472x2840px
I'm trying to repair a SNES. Best I can tell, a diode and voltage regulator both need to be replaced.

The SNES is a double sided PCB. The diode was so fucked up that when I cleaned the board the solder pads came right off along with the diode itself. So I tried to make a new solder point on the trace right next to the pad.

Problem is, when I check for continuity between the new solder point and the next point in the schematic (a capacitor on the reverse side of the PCB), there isn't any continuity at all.. Is there something special about solder pads on a double sided board? Is this board just fucked?

I could attempt to solder a new diode, and solder a wire that connects that one point to the capacitor it's supposed to be connected to. But I have a feeling that I'm just going further down a rabbit hole and I would just be better off finding another SNES.
>>
>>56507265
anon, forget all that, you just need to blow in the cartridge
>>
>>56507265
There was a console repair general in /vr/ and /vg/ that could help you.
>>
>>56507059
I'll keep those two in mind, thanks. What about EVGA? I've "heard" they've replaced someone's defect 970 with a 1060. Not sure how true that is.

What do you mean by putting a copy of the shipping fees on it? I bought it from Newegg unfortunately. I know Amazon would be helpful. Not so sure about Newegg.

>>56507066
I'm trying to figure that one out myself.
>>
Can an old hard drive cause my input lag?
Two years ago i started to have input latency with my mice. and some usb stuff transferred at 10mbps.
I tried everything, ram, psu, other mices, other ports, and no luck.
Now a week ago I finally after 7 years upgraded my computer, to a i7 6700, 16gb ram yatta yatta.
the thing is, I STILL HAVE MOUSE INPUT LAG. and the USB 3.0 stuff are transferring at 50mbps with my external hard drive. in which i remember with a friend's computer it went 100mbps.
I changed everything but the harddrive, it's an old WD250GB that i had since 2007, that's where i install the OS on.
A friend in a month will give me back a 500gb that I borrowed him and will try install OS there.
The detail of how my mouse lag is:
Move slow, I can make a 180º move. Move really fast, it will only move 10º.
this problem with 2 years and buying a new pc and still have this problem kinda made me want to hang myself. But will wait for a response.
I have a 4 year old 700w PSU, but tried with a 650w bronze and still was the same.
My question it's again, can somehow a HDD do that?
it's weird, since it's like it's not giving the proper power to the south bridge or something I don't know

demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC3cbdUSog8 it's not just delay, it's not receiving the whole movement
>>
>>56507063
Does dvdisaster support DVD-ROM?

If not, what else can i use
>>
>>56507502
It might cause intermittent lag if your OS was having to wait on the HDD to load something, but it shouldn't be persistent.
>>
My Asus chink router just bricked itself. What's the best router I can get in the $100-$200 range?
>>
File: 1454271919537.gif (912KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1454271919537.gif
912KB, 240x176px
Can an old hard drive cause my input lag?
Two years ago i started to have input latency with my mice. and some usb stuff transferred at 10mbps.
I tried everything, ram, psu, other mices, other ports, and no luck.
Now a week ago I finally after 7 years upgraded my computer, to a i7 6700, 16gb ram yatta yatta.
the thing is, I STILL HAVE MOUSE INPUT LAG. and the USB 3.0 stuff are transferring at 50mbps with my external hard drive. in which i remember with a friend's computer it went 100mbps.
I changed everything but the harddrive, it's an old WD250GB that i had since 2007, that's where i install the OS on.
A friend in a month will give me back a 500gb that I borrowed him and will try install OS there.
The detail of how my mouse lag is:
Move slow, I can make a 180º move. Move really fast, it will only move 10º.
this problem with 2 years and buying a new pc and still have this problem kinda made me want to hang myself. But will wait for a response.
I have a 4 year old 700w PSU, but tried with a 650w bronze and still was the same.
My question it's again, can somehow a HDD do that?
it's weird, since it's like it's not giving the proper power to the south bridge or something I don't know

demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC3cbdUSog8 it's not just delay, it's not receiving the whole movement
i've suffered this for 2 years, please help
>>
>>56507502
have you tried turning vsync off

because that looks like vsync lag
>>
>>56507502
>>56507520
oh wtf i aborted the first one. sigh, sorry the double post, EVEN WITH POSTING I HAVE LAG. FUG

>>56507510
yeah, it's all the time, i changed everything but the hdd and the psu (which i tried another psu anyway just for testing)
>>
>>56507533
it's not just in csgo, it's in the whole system.
i would've been the most retarded person on earth if in 2 years i wouldn't disable vsync.
>>
>>56507502
>Can an old hard drive cause my input lag?
Yes, but not in the same way you are experiencing problems.
>>
>>56507552
well then it has to be the monitor. is it new? old?
>>
Any recomendations for SAS drives? HGST WD or Seagate?
>>
File: thumb.jpg (43KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
43KB, 600x541px
>>56506728
>http://www.freenode-windows.org/resources/vista-7/windows-update

This actually helped me more than the pastebin link. Thanks.
>>
>>56507520
Faulty driver installation? Is it like the mouse is being snagged on the screen randomly? Assuming Windows - Go into Device Manager, Disable/Uninstall all the HID-compliant mouse drivers and then replug your usb for your mouse so it can reinstall them.
>>
>>56507571
2010. But if I had lag, it wouldn't be just that? lag? it's like transfer loss, not just lag.
besides i tried with a crt monitor, still the same
>>
>>56507588
if you tried it on a crt and its still there then it's not that

idk, im just throwing shit out there. have you tried a different mousepad? that one looks kind of worn out. i have the same one btw
>>
>>56507584
2 OS instalation in the Gigabyte GMA88, 1 with a gigabyte h-170 which i changed it later with the Asus Z170-A. All still had the problem, in the USB 3.0, and the 2.0, and different mouses.
and with the main drivers, and then updated from the sites. still was the same
>>
>>56507623
have you tried different dpi settings at all?
>>
>>56507616
I have tried different mousepads, a friend's control and speed mousepad. with generic and higher dpi mices. with the higher dpi mices i can do 180º fast, but it's tiny itty bitty noticeable that i still have mouselag. not that is annoying, but doesn't hide the fact that the problem still persists. besides i dont like any pro mices. (i did try my generic mice on another computer, been able to do 180º no problem)
>>
>>56507623
>updated from sites
Ok, but you didn't do what I said unless you disabled and uninstalled the remaining drivers, overwriting isn't going to cut it. Your mouse isn't going to work if you took my advice. Once it's dead, plug your usb back in and let it install.
>>
File: 12895834.jpg (24KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
12895834.jpg
24KB, 500x371px
I need to batch resize images.

But there's landscape and portrait ones mixed together, they're about 2967x4244. I want to bring them down to 1080p.

Because they're mixed I can't tell it to resize all the widths down to 1920 because the portrait photos will end up being huge.
>>
How long should I wait until I write a follow up email after I've had a job interview?

I went for a face-to-face interview on Monday, at the end of the interview they said they would 'definitely be in touch' later in the week. It's Friday now and I still haven't heard anything. I don't want to come off as a desperate idiot but I'm starting to get impatient, I thought the interview went pretty well.

To add to this, they said that they're looking to fill the role as soon as possible.

I'm not betting everything on this job, I'm still applying for others but this was one I would be pretty happy to get.
>>
>>56507648
I remember I've done it in the past too. but just to be sure I did it again, no luck
>>
>>56507661

I would go for it. Email them back. Getting your foot in the door is everything today
>>
>>56507683
maybe try messing around with different dpi settings and see if you can find one that works well

i haven't played games in years but i remember something about higher dpi settings not playing well with medium/low sensitivities in-game.
>>
Any recomendations for SAS drives? HGST WD or Seagate?
>>
Is there a guide or Reddit or list or something with everything one needs on am 'ultimate USB drive' ?
>>
>>56507719

All you really need is an old PMagic iso and add custom packages/modules
>>
>>56507704
I used a mice with higher dpi, and it works better, but it's still small notice-able that the mouse lag it's there, and besides, that's ignoring the error, as I stated in the first post I have half transfer data speed than I should have. I googled that too but it never ends up in being solved.
Besides my generic mice in other computers do perfect 180º
>>
What should be the first things I should try using to fix a corrupt MP4 file? Is there anything I can do to salvage footage from something that can't seem to render?
>>
>>56507703
Thanks friend. I just sent it, fingers crossed.
>>
I'm looking to get some speakers for my new PC build.. preferable something 20-40 dollars and with a sub woofer.

Any recommendations?
>>
I have a pc that runs a Plex server, and i use it as a fileserver for all my pcs.
Need a new hard drive.

Am I asking for trouble if I buy a 5tb or so external hard drive like pic related?
Or should I just buy an internal hard drive and throw it into an enclosure?

I mean it is technically a NAS, do I need a NAS drive for longevity?
I am running an external 1tb portable drive right now. Im not sure how good of an idea that is.
>>
>>56507827
>Any recommendations?

Buy them without a subwoofer. It makes it sound like shit
>>
>>56507855
Okay then, so what speakers do you think I should get?
>>
>>56507108

It was the GPU, but if I can fit an x16 into an x8...
>>
>>56507867
Creative Inspire T12
>>
>>56507063
why does hiroshimoot allow people to advertise malware
>>
How do i get my penis bigger?
>>
>>56507965
install gentoo
>>
In Webm for Bakas, how do I get a 34 second video under 3 MB? I've seen longer webms in higher quality than what I've got and I'm at 3.45

Is there a formula for the bitrate? I want it to be the highest possible quality.
>>
>>56507063
Best portable OpenWRT compatible router with low power consumption? I need it for a project. It would also help if it wasn't too expensive, either.

Currently looking at https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-MR3020-Wireless-Portable-Router/dp/B00634PLTW/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1473400009&sr=1-1&keywords=TP-LINK+TL-MR3020+3G%2F4G+Wireless+N150+Portable+Router%2C+AP%2FWISP%2FRouter+Mode
>>
What smartphone brand that makes Android phones puts the least bloat on their phones? I don't want to have to install a custom ROM or root my phone to have a bloat free Android experience.
>>
>>56508173
Arr, ye want a nexus matey!
>>
>>56508173
The Nexus line, Moto was too but I'm not sure what they're like post-lenovo
>>
>>56507846
> Am I asking for trouble if I buy a 5tb or so external hard drive like pic related?
No, you'll be okay.

> Or should I just buy an internal hard drive and throw it into an enclosure?
That's what I would do. You could get greater reliability and performance using Hitachi drives.

> I mean it is technically a NAS, do I need a NAS drive for longevity?
What the fuck does that even mean?
WD Greens?
Nearline drives?
SAS drives?

You don't exactly need longevity, but if you want it, get a Nearline or SAS drive. They're both expensive, but the latter you can buy used and still be okay. They make a bit of noise, though.
>>
How much does a good webcam go for? I don't want to buy a shitty one but I don't want to buy an overpriced one. Got any recommendations?
>>
What is the question mark and colon meant to do in this code (Java)?

int step = (prev == null) ? 0 : trace(prev) + 1;
>>
>>56508298
$50-$100
C920 - C930e
>>
I want to make a database to show off in October at a job fair. Of course jumping out and saying hey, let's make a flashy databse is easy to say, but actually thinking of what to make the database for is something else.

Anyone have any decent ideas for a database to make?
>>
Is there a program that takes all of your music and rearranges it into folders and subfolders by metadata?
>>
Can you please tell me what kind of monitor should i buy? I want landscape one. My old monitor displays white. It was 4:3. I don't know system specs cause i don't have another monitor.
>>
File: 36881278.png (191KB, 419x398px) Image search: [Google]
36881278.png
191KB, 419x398px
>>56508379
>Logitech
>Good
>>
>>56508584
Don't do that, it's retarded.

Keep it all in one folder with correct metadata and sort it with .m3u playlists.
>>
>>56508639
i found out that my graphics are nvidia geforce gt 220
>>
Currently using Win10.
Any way to switch the default for what dragging a file into a different volume does?

Currently, it copies it onto the other drive, but I want it completely moved off of one volume and onto the other.
>>
How do you create a array from an int value in C#?

Say if the the int was 1234 the array would be {1,2,3,4}
>>
>>56508353
It's a shorthand way of writing:

if (prev == null) {
int step = 0;
} else {
int step = trace(prev) + 1;
}
>>
File: specs.png (81KB, 434x363px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
81KB, 434x363px
Best LGA 1151 ATX mobos on the market?
Alternatively, is there anything I should upgrade? These are my specs. I don't want to throw money away if it's not going to give me much of an improvement. But I feel like I could use a new CPU, which means I'd need a new mobo.
>>
>>56508697
I did this recently for windows 7. Can't remember what I used but the tool probably works for both.
>>
File: vga_hdmi_vdi_1.jpg (18KB, 350x211px) Image search: [Google]
vga_hdmi_vdi_1.jpg
18KB, 350x211px
>>56508688
You have a GT 220?
All of the cards came with VGA and DVI, some had HDMI while others had displayport.

VGA does low resolutions, DVI, HDMI, DP does high resolutions.
Look at your current monitor cable, its probably a VGA cable.

But a DVI cable (or you could use HDMI if your card has a port for it)
Then you can buy literally any of the monitors on the market. Check to make sure it has the port before you order, but the vast majority will have them.

Its plug and play
>>
>>56508669
It's become really inconvenient for me to keep it in one folder.
>>
>>56508411
I don't think databases can be flashy by themselves in a serious environment unless you make them relevant to the context.

I'm going to make a small app based on a beverage database (cocktails, history, recipes and such) but since it's a job fair, you could try to simulate a database used to organize the event?

Otherwise I'd just go with something easy to understand
>>
>>56508800
>But I feel like I could use a new CPU

What are you doing that a 4670k is not enough?
A new skylake i5 is only marginally faster and isnt going to make a difference in most stuff.

Your video card is older, but still viable. The 960 (770) and 4670k match well. Just run it into the ground
>>
>>56508881
I just wanna get dem good fpses in arma 3
>vidya
FUCKING UNOPTIMIZED PIECE OF SHIT
Thanks for the response though, it handles mostly everything I throw at it. It pretty much puts out 60fps@1080p, so...
I'm just trying to find some reason to blow money on something cool but useful on amazon.
Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1411996040742.png (286KB, 616x605px) Image search: [Google]
1411996040742.png
286KB, 616x605px
How do I use the ethernet wired in my house? Just moved into a new place and I'm trying to figure out how to connect Internet through the ethernet wired in the walls. Do I need a switch before I connect the router to the wall? I've tried hooking it straight to the wall to no avail
>>
>>56508927
well, since I had this done when my house was rebuilt...
>find wherever your internet comes in from (from your ISP or whatever)
>plug that into either the "Internet" port on your router, or some plug on a switch
>plug everything else into the router as per usual
Unless you have some really weird setup, that should work.
If not, how exactly is your house wired? Where do all the ports/plugs lead to?
>>
>>56508748
I don't use C#, but I'll do some digging. Is your int always the same size? Or does it vary? eg, always four digits, or can it be 1 to whatever?
>>
>>56508952
I have the Internet hooked up from my modem to a router that I'm using to connect wirelessly right now. I'm not sure how the house is wired there just are ethernet plugs in every room that I'm trying to get to work. I've tried connecting one of the ethernet ports on my router into the wall but hooking anything in to another jack in a different room doesn't work
>>
stupid question here: what desktop environment I can install instead of unity?
>>
File: jhgf.jpg (113KB, 1300x1081px) Image search: [Google]
jhgf.jpg
113KB, 1300x1081px
What would happen if someone removed the CMOS battery out of a normal working pc, put it back in again, then tried to switch it on?
>>
>>56509099
I fucks with gnome. Good touch interface for linux. Kind of cookie...in a fun way.....You throw your cursor into the top right of the screen to pull up all current windows.
>>
What's the easiest to use video editing software that sucks fewer dicks than windows movie maker?
>>
After the new anniversary update on Windows 10, the OS has put the old sound mixer back, usually to change it, one would have to go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowsNT/CurrentVersion/MTCUVC

But I cant find the MTCUVC folder, anyone else had to restore the mixer?
>>
>>56509174
The bios settings would be reset
>>
>>56508748
(i'm >>56508992)
If it has to be an array, I see it could be done this way.
Excuse the half-pseudo code, I have more experience with C++ than C#...
int[] IntSplit(int to_split, int digits) // the integer to split, and the number of digits
{
int[] split;
split = new int[digits];
for(int i = digits - 1; i > 0; i--)
{
split[i] = to_split % Math.Pow(10, digits);
}
return split;
}

You might need to do some type-casting in there, I just kinda threw this together.
>>
>>56509255
Would windows or whatever start up? Sorry I'm so dumb.
>>
>>56509282
You might need to select the correct boot drive but it won't affect your windows installation.
>>
>>56509282
Not him, but yes. Resetting BIOS settings might, however, change the boot order (set it to default). Depending on how new/old your motherboard is, you might need to make your primary boot device the priority.
>>
Ok so i'm trying to copy data from a DVD to my computer - DVD is quite scratched - when it gets to 7:22 it can't read like 4 frames - so when my computer is copying the file it stops at those 4 frames and says error.

How can i skip the error when copying the disk data?

On linux btw
>>
File: thank-you-note.jpg (72KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
thank-you-note.jpg
72KB, 636x358px
>>56509291
>>56509292
Oh ok. Thank you sincerely for taking the time to answer. You don't get paid to answer questions, nor is there any other benefit, so you are very nice to do so. I would also like to say thanks to all the people who answer questions in this thread. :)
>>
File: avatar.jpg (466KB, 4948x5000px) Image search: [Google]
466KB, 4948x5000px
i want to create a simple website for my graphics and photopraphy work, i can write really simple html and css and i want to link it to .tk ot other free easy domain, where can i host it? how would i go about uploading, linking it somewhere?

i can't code so it wouldn't have any login features or anything like that, i can only write html and would like to upload the file and make it so people can view it if they enter domain.tk
i need only like 10-50mb
>>
File: fuckmethistookforevertomake.png (23KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmethistookforevertomake.png
23KB, 1920x1080px
>>56509008
I think this is your best (if not only) bet. It's most likely how it will work, or at least, how it SHOULD work. I'm guessing somewhere in the basement, you can find where all those cords lead.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (87KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
87KB, 800x600px
>walking in the street
>see that someone living in an apartment building has thrown out a microsoft usb keyboard
>isn't missing any buttons, doesn't look dirty or anything
>not sure if I should plug it in
Can a USB keyboard give me viruses? Its not a "gaming" keyboard or anything with programmable features
>>
>>56509467
Unless someone really, REALLY wanted to fuck with you, I highly doubt it. It's possible, but highly unlikely, especially if it looks like it was just thrown out. But it might just be broken to begin with. I've had that luck with keyboards I've garbage picked.
>>
>>56509467
Dude I should patent that! Trojan keyboards that you leave lying around for unsuspecting doofs to pick up! They do that all the time with flash drives. It's the next logical progression...
>>
>>56509443
I want to do this too so bumping for an answer
>>
>>56509319
bump
>>
Can somebody tell me where are the packages i install of a liveUSB going? I know they surely don't go into the hard drive, but where are they stored? also they're gone after using the LiveUSB after reboot.
>>
can i use laptop as monitor for pc? My pc monitor broke and can't use network software as synergy.
>>
>>56509644
>can't use network software as synergy.
I don't quite understand what you mean...
If you meant that you need to use some specific software on your pc you can't use on your laptop, just use something like TeamViewer. If you mean, you can't/don't want to use network software to make it a "monitor"...I'm not sure. I'm pretty certain laptops aren't designed to take video input IN.
>>
Anyone know how to disable a phone completely so someone can't use it?

I lost my phone on Labor Day, and found it the next day on a craiglist add with the same fucking case I had. I had the misfortune of telling my insurance company that I lost it so now I have to pay a 150$ deductible. I'm not paying shit since I'm poor so I was wondering how to disable that shit so those faggots won't be able to use it or sell it.
>>
>>56509682
i can't install synergy because i don;t have any monitor
>>
>>56509499
Mice would be better since they're easier to put in your pocket/backpack/purse
>>
So, I was partitioning my disk, and because I'm a retard I deleted the mbr partition. Now I can't boot into Windows, any ideas on how to recover?
>>
>>56507063
What is "rooting" for an Android device, and why should I risk fucking up my phone to do it?
>>
>>56509928
Backup reformat reinstall

>>56509991
Gives you root privileges on your phone, basically unrestricted access to the system
It allows you to run a number of applications and do things you otherwise couldn't.
>>
>>56507063
Fiio M3 or Sony NWZ-A15? Strictly sound quality speaking
>>
tech related career paths that don't require coding knowledge?
>>
File: hapwom.jpg (176KB, 804x676px) Image search: [Google]
hapwom.jpg
176KB, 804x676px
In debian they had something called gnome-scheduler which let me handle my crontabs with a GUI.

Now I usually prefer dealing with files and the terminal, but crontabs back-ass-words way of measuring time (minutes before hours, before day of month, before month, before day of week) causes me to prefer this GUI program.

I'm on the latest version of Ubuntu on this computer and can not seem to find this program. is there a relative equivalent of it, or will I have to compile?
>>
I'm using 2-step verification on a Gmail account. Today I noticed that the sender from the last SMS's I received wasn't "Google" but a random cellphone number. What's happening here, /g/?
>>
>>56510018
>I'm using 2-step verification on a Gmail account. Today I noticed that the sender from the last SMS's I received wasn't "Google" but a random cellphone number. What's happening here, /g/?
You got hacked by Prajeet!
Windows 10 for ever
i
n
d
o
w
s

f
o
r

e
v
e
r

>>56510012
kill urself lol
>>
>>56509991
Don't bother unless your phone is too old to still receive updates.
>>
Why in javascript is
True >> 0 = 1
False >> 1 = 0
>>
When using a VPN, are you still vulnerable to leaking your real IP through javascript?
>>
>>56510090

Of course, and also your DNS queries sometimes, and in other cases other stuff.
>>
>>56507063
I have an android, and Lightning just isn't working with i2p.
Every time I try to switch to it in general settings, I just get the same message, that i2p needs to be installed and running, and the asks if I would like to install it, even though it is already installed and running.
Even worse, whenever I say yes, it doesn't give me anything, just that the app or whatever wasn't found.

Also, setting the proxy to localhost and setting the port number to 4444 doesn't work very well in lightning, if at all.

Wat do?
>>
So I have a homegroup for filesharing on a W8.1 PC and a W10 one.

On the 8.1 I can just right click folders and Share -> Homegroup, however the 10 one doesn't have this option it's just Share -> Advanced Sharing, which is for outside of the Homegroup. Anyone have an idea how I can share specific folders with the W10 one as well?
>>
>>56507713
HGST, every time.
>>
File: 1465187944612.gif (2MB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465187944612.gif
2MB, 300x400px
Lads, my mobile phone says "limited service" and I can't use the mobile data
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-09+at+07.26.04).png (56KB, 394x541px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-09+at+07.26.04).png
56KB, 394x541px
Hi
Will what I have in my cart fit in this case?
CoolerMaster Silencio 352 mATX NO PSU
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 4GB Video Card
Corsair 16GB (2 x8) CMK16GX4M2B3000C15B DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance LPX DIMM Blue
Intel Core i5 6400 Quad Core LGA 1151 2.7GHz CPU Processor
MSI B150M BAZooKa uATX 4xDDR4 USB3.0 DVI HDMI LGA 1151 Motherboard
Will my Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler fit in there also?

I'm doing an upgrade of sorts
>>
>>56510090
>When using a VPN, are you still vulnerable to leaking your real IP through javascript?
Not if you use a Virtual Machine.
>>56510108
Reset the port number to sync with the wireless router.
>>56510118
>Using Windows instead of Linux
>Using Windows 10 instead of XP
Read this and stop being a pleb.
https://se7en.neocities.org/articles/win10.html
Anyway, since you're a stubborn dingus who's not gonna change their mind, you should look into Samba for your current situation.

>>56510012
I literally have no idea.
>>
>>56510240
Turn it off and back on again. If that doesn't work, pay your fucking bill.
>>
>>56510307
Probably
Most likely to cause issues is the cooler
>>
Is there any valid reasons still to go with paid SSL certs now that lets encrypt is a thing?
>>
how do i make electricity move slower through a cabel?
>>
>>56509464
That's what I thought but I can't find anywhere where it looks like all the cords end up. I might need to ask my landlord and see if they have any clue
>>
>>56510433
heat it up
>>
I've been using qbittorent and filezilla for my headless torrentbox on windows

Recommend me better shit?
>>
>>56510433
If you are referring to wave propagation speed you want a material with a lower relative permittivity.
>>
>>56510480
rtorrent
>>
>>56510480
>windows
linux
>>
>>56509714
anyone kind from romania, can i burrow a monitor to installit?
>>
>>56510581
yes i can do this
what is your address?
>>
>>56510581
lol
>>
>>56510590
street nowhere
>>
Is it possible to repair moisture damage on your phone on your own? My phone shat the bed when it way lying in the bathroom when I was showering and now half of the screen went blue, but it only got tinted so I can still use the phone and read what's on the screen
>>
>>56509443
What's wrong with the sites that already let you do this?
>>
>>56510639
No
>>
Does /g/ stand for /gay/?
>>
File: Untitled.png (46KB, 934x689px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
46KB, 934x689px
I'm looking to upgrade my ancient PC, is it better to start a new?

or just upgrade my GPU and continue on?

Will my CPU bottleneck if I buy a 1080? can this motherboard even handle a 1080?
>>
>>56509174
Just so you actually know what the CMOS battery does:

Your Motherboard has a timechip for the system clock, when something tracks time, it always has a battery built in. The CMOS battery keeps the system clock running AND for your BIOS settings to be stored.

Removing the CMOS removes the power, your system clock won't run and the settings stored in your BIOS will reset.

If you remove the battery while your computer is powered on your mainboard has power so it doesn't actually need the CMOS, this heavily depends on the motherboard though. Some will reset settings either way, others don't.
>>
>>56510754
You could get away with dropping in a 1080 for 60hz
For 144hz you might want a newer CPU
>>
Also, my power supply is 650W, will I have any power problems?
>>
>>56510731
no
>>
>>56510821
>>56510790
>>56510754
Forgot to cross link
>>
>>56510821
A 1080 has a lower TDP than your current card
>>
>>56510833
http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
>>
>>56510658
i don't want to have a domain like domain.provider.com.de, i want it to be my own domain.tk and i don't want to choose a preset, i want to upload my own htmls, if you know hosting that lets me do this please tell me
>>
Where can i find paid games for free on internet???
>>
>>56510872
bcg
>>
Simple boolean question: Are these 2 statements equal? Language is C++. Can't think straight right now

if (a == b && b == c)

if (a == b == c)
>>
>>56510890
Bhe cirate gay?
>>
>>56510897
No

For example let's say a = 0, b = 0, c = 0

a == b == c
0 == 0 == 0
the first 0 == 0 evaluates to true, now we're left with true == 0 which is false
>>
>>56510897
no!
a == b returns a bool that will be compared to c

for example the following evaluates to true:
2 == 3 == false
>>
>>56510897
No. The first one will only be true if both a is equal to b and b is equal to c.
The second one will be true if a is equal to b and c is a bool with value true (since == returns a boolean value).
>>
how do i get the clock and notifications area to appear on both of my monitors in windows 10?
>>
https://www.umart.com.au/umart1/pro/Products-details.phtml?id=10&id2=13&bid=5&sid=258005

Does this come with a heatsink/fan?
>>
>>56507650
set both max widths and heigts to fit 1080?
>>
What language should I learn first?
>>
Is November a good month to buy a new smartphone? Or should i wait for December?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160909-140436.png (288KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160909-140436.png
288KB, 1920x1080px
>>56507063
Good video players for Android?
Pic related is VLC.
>>
>>56511513
Spanish is a good one, or French
>>
I bought a Note 7, then the recall hit and I took it back for an interim phone. Now I have an S7 Edge until AT&T gets in more Note 7s. Can I go back to AT&T, say fuck it, and switch out the S7 Edge for an iPhone 7 pre-order?
>>
>>56507063
So I'm going to uni next year and have to decide what I want to study. I want to go into the infosec field after graduating and am to be more precise interested the most in forensics and reversing. So I cant decide what I should study EE and learn the CS stuff in self study (already started with the maths in 10th grade) or should I self study EE and go with CS, help me guys?
>>
>>56511588
Spanish sucks.
>>
where i can learn how to up an home server? i'm a noob
>>
>>56511513
russian, german, japanese, chinese or polish as those are the countries , besides murica, where most of the bigger tech companies and financial institutes reside
>>
I'm using Firefox with 4chan X and I'm not getting desktop notifications for my hard earned (You)s. Can someone tell me what's the problem?
Using GNU+Linux+Amazon.
>>
So /G/uys, i'm interviewing for a tech job. It's an incident handler at a security firm.

What do you think they will stress? Is there any software or programming language i should be familiar with?
>>
>>56505631
>>56505649
>>56505652
Thanks for the tips, but I want to be able to shut my computer down with the cmd command after a x amount of time when I'm not home, but since my computer is like this, it doesn't work.
>>
>>56511617
use a search engine faggot there are enough tutorials
>>
>>56510064
Anyone?? I think it has something to do with the way bitwise operators work but i cant findan answer
>>
>>56511639
install loonix and use phone to ssh into machine, "shutdown -h now"
>>
When compiling Firefox you can use profile-guided optimization for a small performance increase. There are some options you can put in your mozconfig such as:
  --enable-jprof            Enable jprof profiling tool (needs mozilla/tools/jprof)
--enable-dmd Enable Dark Matter Detector (heap profiler). Also enables jemalloc, replace-malloc and profiling

Do they have anything with profile-guided optimization to do or are they something completely different?
>>
>>56511661
>>56510064
>true is 1
>false is 0

>1 much greater than 0 = 1
>0 much greater than 1 = 0

c'mon now
>>
>>56511678
But, true is a boolean type and 1 is int how does it transform the type?
>>
>>56511688
Like in C how booleans don't actually exist.

I'm just memeing I have no idea how JS works.
>>
File: tk.jpg (18KB, 1084x209px) Image search: [Google]
tk.jpg
18KB, 1084x209px
how to link dot.tk domain to github pages? i have working username.github.io testpage, cname file and tk domain
picrel are my dot.tk dns settings
blank names are domain.tk they are empty when i enter the domain name
>>
>>56511708
Do people actually not know this?

Its' 2016. If you don't know about C's pseudo booleans please never write code ever again.
>>
>>56511848
>using pseudo booleans instead of masking

If you don't know how to manipulate bitvectors, please never write code ever again.
>>
>>56509711

Call it into the phone company and have the imei blacklisted.

If it's an Android and they haven't already reset the phone, you can lock it through Android device manager. If they're too stupid to reset it then they can't use it.
>>
Are WD Reds the quietest, reliable HDDs?
>>
I have too computers that are running off the same windows key.

How is this possible and why isn't it telling me one of the computers is not valid or whatever?

Everything I read online tells me that it is not posisble to have two computers run off the same one key?
>>
Is a 1920x1080 wallpaper the same proportioned as a wallpaper that is 1366x768?
>>
What is SAP for, can anyone help me relate it to SQL?
>>
>>56510499
no how do i make 0v=>100v slower?
>>
>>56512197
Here's how to check that:
>1920 / 1080 = 1.7777...
>1366 / 768 = 1.7786458333...
Different aspect ratios bro. The difference is quite small but still
>>
File: nvidia is quite ok.jpg (45KB, 468x463px) Image search: [Google]
nvidia is quite ok.jpg
45KB, 468x463px
>>56507063
What do I say to someone like this?
>>
>>56512311
"""gb2 leddit"""
>>
>>56512311
Block
>>
>>56507063
Who of you intellectuals has experience with [R]? I am trying to learn it now, and doing quite OK in training exercises. However I seem to be unable to find the proper solutions to the training exercises below. Is there anyone willing to help me out? Thanks! Much appreciated!

Load the rock data and look at the data using help(rock), str(rock), and summary(rock).
Determine the following for the rock data:
a. A table with permeability larger than 500, sorted on perimeter size (subset(...));
b. A table with area and shape for all samples with perimeter smaller than 1000 (subset(...));
c. Add a factor column for the 12 core sample and the 4 cross-sections (cbind(...));
d. Rename the factor column to “sample” (colnames(...));
e. Compute the mean of the variables for each of the 12 core samples (tapply(...));
f. Provide a summary of rock, omitting core samples 3, 5, and 8 (summary(...)).
>>
I just tried listening to some music on a T420 with headphones, and holy fuck it makes me want to kill myself. Every time the sound has a high bass level it almost mutes itself, as in the sound drivers are compensating for the laptops' speakers not being able to play bass by simply removing it from anything they play, but this means I can't listen to anything properly through the headphone jack either.

What's the best way to change this (if any), 3rd-party drivers or something?
>>
All right, /g/, I'm having a weird issues with my CPU and I'm hoping you guys have an idea what's causing it. It's driving me insane.

I have an i7 6850K. When I play games or run benchmarks, my CPU utilisation randomly drops to 0% for half a second or a second, before it goes back up to normal levels again. I have no idea why it does that. I've checked the power management setting and both min and max cpu at 100%, so it can't be a powersaving feature. Temperature never goes above 70°C so I doubt it's thermal throttling either.

Please, /g/, you're my only hope.
>>
>>56512311
He's right. You're a faggot for recommending the 4GB version.
>>
wrote debian to a usb using dd but it doesn't show up when booting computer
why?
>>
File: Christchan 01.png (681KB, 811x964px) Image search: [Google]
Christchan 01.png
681KB, 811x964px
Can anyone help me please? >>56510012
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (23KB, 759x177px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
23KB, 759x177px
suddenly filenames are left-aligned

how do i make them centered
>>
What makes something CPU intensive vs GPU intensive?
>>
File: f3wfw.jpg (112KB, 1395x728px) Image search: [Google]
f3wfw.jpg
112KB, 1395x728px
Removed one drive and quick access from explorer using regedit from google, but they still appear in file upload boxes, but google doesnt know how to remove. anyone know where such a thing is located in the registry?
>>
>>56507063

What does this meme

3 4
>>
>>56511568
Anyone?
>>
>>56512767
Screencap in which the pictures are aligned in that order. It's well know just for how angry it tends to make people while reading it. Don't have it or I would post it.
>>
>>56511513
Python.
>>
>one day ubuntu is working fine
>shut down, go to bed
>next day
>refuses to boot, goes to initramfs
is it just me that has problems with this piece of shit
I end up losing everything every month or two because it breaks for some reason or another
>>
>>56512784

Any screencap or a specific one

Feeling new pls no bully
>>
how do i stop images from being centered in direct image URLs in firefox? e.g. https://i.4cdn.org/g/1473394081122.jpg
I want it to show in the top left corner of my screen but instead firefox automatically centers it in my browser
>>
>>56512830
TL;DR

Kid builds computer with his own money, sister uses it and thinks he got viruses or something. Mom gives it to sister and she fucks it up. Also I think his sister destroys a laptop as well.
>>
Is 4chan shitting itself or just me?
>>
>>56512696
oh apparently its just a bug introduced by the new update thats supposed to improve win10, but just fucks everything
>>
is 650w psu enough for a single gpu build with overclock or should i go more?
>>
What can I do with an old netbook with a busted screen? Can I salvage some parts from it to use on my Raspberry Pi? Like the wifi card, or the keyboard or something? It's an HP so it's not very modification friendly
>>
Does RetroArch on Android have a DualShock left Analog stick onscreen overlay instead of d-pad for ps1 emulationl with ReARMed?
>>
Looking for a map API that allows me to place markers from an address, then download an image of the map, preferably free and in C/C++/Python/Java.
>>
>>56511594
why the fuck dont you just call them and ask? doubt anyone here knows of their policies.

>>56511631
>polish
you mean indian :^)

>>56511639
how about you help us help you by answering the fucking questions instead so we can narrow down the possibilities

>>56509711
why dont you call the fucking police and give them the craigslist link and get your fucking phone back?
>>
>>56512145
just time before they get unvalidated.

>>56512311
see >>56512551
the 8GB is pretty much the same fucking price. only a tard would recommend it.
then tell him to stop being a fanboy and block him

>>56512514
change audio output device in sound options from speakers to headphones.

>>56512542
get something to monitor your CPU speed to see if it's throttling.
70c is pretty high. clean fans and heatsink and reapply thermal paste.

>>56512740
Ccleaner

>>56513060
>is a Ferrari enough for a single person?
that's how stupid your question is

>>56513153
buy a broken identical model from ebay/craigslist and replace the screen.
or get a monitor and plug it into the video output and use it.
>rip wifi and keyboard from laptop and use on raspi
hope you enjoy tinkering because you will have a lot of work to do. the most useful thing you can rip from a laptop and use on a raspi is the screen.
>>
>>56512849
there's an addon for that on their site
>>
File: live at the internet cafe.gif (1MB, 540x302px) Image search: [Google]
live at the internet cafe.gif
1MB, 540x302px
I need help. Ever since i have gotten Tab Mix Plus i have more and more tabs open in firefox. On nearly 100 tabs i have to scroll on both windows to reach every tab. Is there a better solution? Should i just get a third monitor?
I dont want to close them and creating a bookmark for evevry link is too much work
>>
>>56513454
>70c is pretty high. clean fans and heatsink and reapply thermal paste.
I was wrong. My CPU reaches 55°C. Heatsink and fans are new.

I can encode videos for 48 hours straight without any kind issues, but when I play games my CPU usage drops randomly to 0%. It's super weird.
>>
>>56513519
why the fuck do you need 100 tabs open
>>
>>56513555
I listen to a lot of different music on youtube. If i stumble across something i keep the tab saved with tab mix plus.
Some of these have been in my firefox for months
I just decided to just save the session separately and remove a whole lot of these
>>
What's the bet audio player for iOS? I have a bunch of flac files that I don't feel like converting to alac, and I'm not using vlc for music.

My phone is jailbroken if that matters.
>>
>>56513454
>that's how stupid your question is

hey i thought i could ask stupid questions here without getting bullied
>>
>>56513588
why not just add those youtube videos to your favorites or just use your youtube history....?

i really don't know what to tell you but there are a million different ways to do what you're doing and you chose the most inefficient way to do it
>>
File: 22-39-28_350602.jpg (113KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
22-39-28_350602.jpg
113KB, 740x740px
>>56513692
>google account
>>
>>56513692
well, the issue with saving 50 links with bookmarks or favourites is you have to open a window, type in something for it, accept, repeat. with 5 links that's okay but not with 50
>>
>>56513722
>having 100 tabs open

i think in the grand scheme of things this is more disgusting than a google account
>>
>>56513737
i have 375 tabs open
>>
>>56513742
anon you're just hurting your browser

stop hurting your browser
>>
>>56511513
Pakistani and Bengali
>>
>>56513673
>without getting bullied
no one ever said that

>>56513734
you can get that firefox feature they removed a while back from the addons section, forgot what it's called but you have like groups of tabs that you select between.
>>
>>56513754
technically, it doesnt load the sites. it just saves the links on tabs and keeps them saved for the next session. When i have 100 Tabs organised with Tab Mix Plus only about 20 are actually loaded
>>
>>56513820
so basically its just a roundabout way of bookmarking

seems silly to me but whatever floats your boat
>>
Does somebody know good/better/okay-ish firmware replacement for my Dlink 626L Cloud Router? As far as I know is not compatible with OpenWRT.
>>
I have two accounts, A and B. They can both be SSHd into with the use of public key authorization.
I want B's ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file to mimic A's. Making a hardlink with ln works, but surely there's a cleaner way?
Possible solution: In the ssh_config, can I set the location of a specific user's authorized keys file?
>>
>>56514007
Is it Broadcomm based?
http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato
>>
My old TV finally shit the bed. Can anyone recommend a small one for me? The space I'm going to put it in is 25 inches across. I don't want to spend more than $200, and I need it to be able to handle 1080p and 60fps.
>>
>>56513851
bookmarking is a roundabout way of keeping tabs open
>>
File: 1368559187748.png (102KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1368559187748.png
102KB, 512x512px
wd blue 1tb 5400rpm or hgst 1tb 5400rpm or hgst 1tb 7200rpm?
need 3 to be run in raid0 in my GAYMEN laptop to hold games, backups, etc. which would be best for reliability and longevity? theyre all about $60 each.
>>
File: 4500.jpg (35KB, 1240x744px) Image search: [Google]
4500.jpg
35KB, 1240x744px
I have a job interview coming up and I need a cell phone so I can be available for them to call me back. And I will need it later on if I get hired.

The only thing it needs is to have a touch screen and the capability of instant messaging via skype.

I want the cheapest thing possible because I am just about broke. My price limit is $50, including airtime.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>56514263

>running three hard drives in RAID0 in a laptop

That's dumb. Don't do that.

If you have $180 to spend just get a decent SSD.

Three hard drives in a laptop will be pretty loud too, all other things considered.
>>
File: umaru questionmark.png (513KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
umaru questionmark.png
513KB, 1280x720px
This might be a really stupid question, but I want to be sure..

Can undervolting cause permanent damage to the CPU?

I'm trying to get my CPU running cooler at stock speeds and I'm running at -0.006V right now. I want to decrease that further, but I'm afraid of damaging my hardware.

I'm not talking about stability. I know that it might cause a crash at high load. I just want to make sure that I don't damage anything.

Anime meme image because I'm probably retarded.
>>
Is there any way to load thread images into my browser cache sequentially, without clicking on each one? Using "expand all" with 4chanx loads them all at the same time, which makes 80% of them fail to load because my internet is shit.

I have a way to scrape/download them sequentially, but I want to be able to read the thread and expand the images
>>
>>56512254
That was a way I didn't know about. Thanks a lot man.
>>
>>56514323
Probably not. But maybe.

Who knows?

It's one of those things you won't find a simple answer for.

But probably not*.

*may damage CPU
>>
>>56514323
FX8320 with stock cooler here so you might know why I want to get it a little bit cooler.
It's like a fucking airplane next to my head on high load.
>>
>>56514345
downthemall extension and the links tab
>>
>>56514356
It's been stable at 4.4GHz with overvolting and at 4.2GHz without doing that.

Should there be a bit of headroom for undervolting at that point without risking damage?
>>
>>56514368
does that not just download the images for viewing on disc?
>>
>>56514356
>>56514428
Btw stock is 3.5GHz so 4.2GHz was quite the overclock on stock voltage and the stupid really loud stock cooler.
>>
File: dead.jpg (401KB, 1012x1090px) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
401KB, 1012x1090px
A-are they dead?
>>
>>56514430
I thought that was what you wanted to do.
>>
>>56514459
Leave it on for a few hours and it may unstick.
>>
>>56514323 (again)
Playing vidya right now to test the stability.
>>
Can someone give me a concise, retard-proof guide to setting up a bootable flash drive for Ubuntu or an easy-to-use Linux distro?
Trying to get a friend to set me up a flash drive for a new PC.
>>
>>56514322
it has 5 slots, 2 msata (which are my os drives), 2 internal hdd slots, and the cd drive is replaced with a caddy because its 2016 who uses cd's anymore. i want to keep minimal wear on my ssds so they last as long as possible and plus it would cost a ridiculous amount to be able to put my 2tb of stuff i have currently on solid states. sound doesnt bother me nor does speed because its just games and storage. i just want the drives that will crash and burn the least.
>>
>>56514565
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/
if you fuck this up then consider self euthanization.
>>
File: 1299758280269.jpg (17KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1299758280269.jpg
17KB, 432x288px
Anyone else feels like firefox is getting slower and heavier on windows 7? It even freeze at the end of downloads for me now, I was thinking of switching to chrome because it doesn't suck up RAM as much as before, any opinions on the matter?
>>
>>56514601
> i just want the drives that will crash and burn the least.

Three hard drives running in RAID0 inside a device that is meant to be moved around and possible take a drop sounds like a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>56514631
Yes, it has been for a long time. But it's not really firefox creating the issue, it's web developers that can't do their jobs and make ridiculously resource intensive websites.
>>
why older i5 CPUs like the i5 3570k with the same number of cores are slower than the new ones even if their clock speed is higher?
>>
>>56514634
same can be said for literally any laptop. my 3 old as dirt 2tb worth of seagate and wd drives currently in there dont seem to have a problem with it aside from getting old and starting to click on occasion. no data loss though... yet...
>>
>>56514669
Not really. You lose one drive in a RAID0 array you lose them all.

If you had those three drives in a RAID1 config if you dropped the laptop and killed one of the drives you'd still have the same data on the other two intact. That's sort of what the multiple bays on enterprise grade laptops are for.
>>
>>56507265
Nothing magical about solder pads on double sided boards. The track is probably damaged around the old solder pad.
Depending on how the board is made you might be able to run a wire from your new diode to the via (the drill hole where the track goes from the top layer to the bottom layer)
Make sure you don't solder to the ground plane.
>>
>>56514707
why not do a raid10?
>>
>>56514657
Look up the concept of IPC or Instructions Per Clock. Also look at the amount of cache.
>>
>>56514729
If you had 4 drives, then sure.
>>
>>56514707
anything important would be on my ssds or backed up to mega/google drive anyway, its literally just for holding my steam and non steam games and other misc bullshit that doesnt matter or i can just redownload

>>56514729
because more bytes for more... sluts... idk
>>
>>56514641
Allright then, time to switch to Chrome, thanks
>>
>>56514800
It will only be a little faster and the add-ons are shittier.

There are no good web browsers now. The internet is crap.
>>
File: WP_20160909_008.jpg (515KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160909_008.jpg
515KB, 1456x2592px
I'm trying to connect monitor speaker to pc using an audio jack but no success. What the problem? Are speakers broke?
>>
>>56514601
stop being stupid and get an SSD or two. raiding harddrives does fucking nothing.

>>56514292
ask your parents for a galaxy core

>>56514428
>>56514451
hard to say, all cores are different. try googling your batch number and see what other people got.

>>56514482
if you undervolt you have to turn down the clock speed too a little (most likely). but it's kinda useless because your computer automatically steps down the speed while idle. get a better cooler instead.

>>56514880
cant see shit in that pic captain.

what port did you plug them into on both ends?
do you have other outputs plugged in?
checked OS sound options to see if it detects the monitor speakers?
>>
>>56514952
nigger im not spending literally 1000 dollars on 3 1tb ssds just to wear the absolute fuck out of them by using them as revolving storage drives.
>coming to /g/ for advice
>ever
the fuck was i thinking. genuinely surprised youre not unironically trying to get me to install linux too.
>>
>>56514616
Thanks. What Linux distro would be best? I'm just using this as a stopgap until I can pirate Win7
>>
If you boot linux from a usb with no persistent storage, where to apt-get packages go?
>>
>>56514880
iPhones doesn't have audio jack you retard
>>
>>56507063

>>56507090
Semi related to this

My Toshiba laptop displays a black screen with cursor only before signin, but after the Toshiba innovation shit and windows logo with white circle

I cleaned the registry, because I'm a fuckshit. Chrome stopped working and ublock crashed, vlc wouldn't open, so I reloaded the backed up registry change, but still fucked

I restarted, laptop now fucked
I tried holding power button for 20 seconds with no battery
>Still fucked

Pls halp
>>
>>56515010
just do ubuntu its the most user friendly
>>
>>56515047
ram
>>
>>56515057
get an external hdd
have a friend make you a bootable linux drive
use it to copy everything you want from your old hdd and make lists and shit of the programs you have
use linux to make a cd or usb of windows from an iso online
fresh install windows
use your key or pirate it
copy your shit back over and reinstall everything
fucking back your shit up next time
>>
Is there anyway I can make a new tab in firefox automatically let me type in the address bar like how chrome does?
>>
>>56515131
note you will need a 2gb and 8gb minimum usb drives in addition to the usb hdd
>>
>>56515005
If you wanna run around with three RAID0 HDD's spinning in your laptop have at it. But don't come crying to us when you have a massive data loss.

If I had to pick between 1tb WD Blue and 1tb HGST I would pick whichever one is cheapest. They are 99% identical in performance. 5400 or 7200 rpm doesn't matter, also get what's cheaper there since you're not using these for your OS drive. Some people will say 5400 rpm lasts longer, but nah.
>>
I have a mechanical keyboard and the s key is very unresponsive. I have to press it in weird directions for it to work. I've cleaned my keyboard and it hasn't done anything. In the past, I had to same problem with my z key but it fixed itself. It's been over a month now and no changes. Anybody know what could be up?
>>
>>56515131
This happened before with w10 update though, and fixed itself, and I backed up the registry change

Sorry for sounding ungrateful senpai, I just want the lowest energy solution
>>
>>56515202
>windows 10
theres your prblem
unless you literally cant live without win 10, use 7 or 8.1
>>
>>56514952
>ask your parents for a galaxy core

This one is on sale and has a bigger screen.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cricket-wireless-alcatel-onetouch-flint-4g-with-16gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone/5215801.p?id=bb5215801&skuId=5215801

Is it shit? Still doesn't come with any airtime...
>>
>>56515216
and what i listed is basically the bare minumum in what you need to do. the only way its going to get easier is skip backing up your data or if you happen to have a windows disc just use that directly. or have a shop do it for you for way too much money. or buy a brand new computer like a faggot.
>>
Is Wine actually any good? I don't know if I should use it or a VM
>>
Is that repairable?
http://i68.tinypic.com/33lz1o1.jpg
>>
>>56515005
>raiding HDDs for games on a fucking laptop
Consider neutralizing yourself for the sake of the human gene pool.
Do you even have 3TB worth of games installed?

>>56507161
windows disk cleanup is shit and leaves several gigabytes of useless files behind.

>>56515135
my firefox automatically selects the url bar when i open a new tab...

>>56515167
bad switch

>>56515222
never heard of that brand. check reviews.

>>56515255
it depends on what you want to do
>>
>>56515272
>posts link to image instead of just uploading image to the board
nigga...
>>
>>56515276
I mainly want to use Wine for itunes and adobe stuff
>>
>>56515276
>bad switch
Is it really that simple? How do I change it?
>>
>>56515320
maybe. google.
>>
>>56514880
the problem was i had to connect vga too which kinda sucks cause i have to connect when at windows not when powering laptop
>>
>>56510830
Whoever wrote that knew nothing about Japanese. The theory is probably correct though.
>>
I just bought a year of PiA. Why can't I post to 4chan with it on?
>>
>>56515410
Isn't there an error message?
>>
>>56515410
>he thinks 4chan doesnt block known proxies and VPNs
>>
>>56515456
It says posting from this ISP, IP Range, or country has been blocked for abuse, even though I've disabled and re-enabled it a few times and got a different one. I usually use it on Seattle or the US west or something.
>>
>>56515514
Yeah, why would they? That would make no sense.
>>
>>56515525
see >>56515514
why the fuck would you use a VPN to browse 4chan anyway?

>>56515534
because CP you dumb shit
>>
How much would I have to spend to either build a PC or buy a laptop for App and Game development? The laptop I have now struggles immensely with running Android Studio and is completely incapable of running Unity.
>>
>>56515086
Thank
>>
>>56515572
Thinkpad with good gpu, ram and CPU would work, put in SSD yourself. Probably £400 - £600

Ask tpg
>>
I was searching a board with flags and when I posted it showed a Russian flag instead the Spanish one where I am. I looked for my ip address location on the Internet and some pages showed Spain while others showed Russia. Yesterday I posted and it showed a Spanish flag. Should I be worried?
>>
Which matx case would fit evo 212 and >290mm gpu?
>>
>>56515597
Thanks. Wish there were a sticky or something for this.
>>
>>56515345
>Watch video on how to replace keyswitch without soldering
>Proceed to follow
>Try to pull out the keyswitch using lots of force
>LED light sightly comes out of place
>Fuck fuck, did I break it?
>Plug keyboard back in
>LED turns on
>Hey, lets try the s key just in case
>Works perfectly again
Thanks. Now I just have to get used to typing/playing games normally again. Not to mention I'm going to have PTSD from this for the rest of my life about whether or not I'm going to press the s key again one day and have it stop working.
>>
>>56515776
Just use /tpg/ senpai
>>
New Thread

>>56515808
>>56515808
>>56515808
>>56515808
>>
KRK 6 G6

OR

JBL 305
>>
Where should I upgrade next? I built this out last year after my first rig (from highschool wasn't cutting it)

> i5 6600 (non-k no intentions of OC)
>MSI r9 390
>2x4gb ddr4
>MSI h170 mobo (promise not a MSI fanboy)
>ASUS 1080p 60hz monitor
>hx750i corsair (Bc am terrified of shitty PSU frying)

I am a junior in college so I can blow a couple hundred on a whim. I feel like wangblows10 might need a little more ram to play with because sometimes the system gets a little choppy. I have a 1tb WD black, so maybe a SSD couldn't hurt. My dad got me a Intel 750 series for Xmas but my MOBO didn't have a slot for it. Maybe a better refresh rate monitor?
>>
>>56515871
Can't blow. I cannot blow a couple hundred. Sorry for mistype.
>>
>>56515704
most standard mini towers will.

>>56515799
kek. glad it worked out. probably was just some shit blocking the connection.

>>56515871
nothing yet your pc is still very good. just chill and see if amd zen/intel kaby-lake and amd rx 490 is any good.
>>
Ubuntu or Debian for desktop?
>>
>>56516698
ubuntu

also
>>56515816
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.