[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>must make account in order to use drivers options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

File: geforce-experience-header.png (621KB, 1393x777px) Image search: [Google]
geforce-experience-header.png
621KB, 1393x777px
>must make account in order to use drivers options
>>
cry about it
>>
AMD doesn't have this problem. :^)
>>
>>56491885
because they don't have drivers at all ;^)
>>
>>56491799
Is it like a verify your throw away email kind of account or a sign in with kikebook thing?
>>
>>56491912 (You)
>>
>>56491912
>TFW my old ass hd6320 got a driver update last month
>>
>>56492017
it scans your machine and sends info about your hardware and installed software back to nvidia. Even if you use a throwaway email it's enough to identify you.
>>
>>56492095
I don't think the info on my gaymen machine would come even close to identifying me.
>>
>>56492169
it's enough to uniquely identify your machine. Probably includes MAC address and IP. Very easy to combine with data from other sources to build a complete profile of you.

Do you really want Nvidia to keep a record of when, for how long and for what you use your computer?
>>
>>56492218
Nah, I was just wondering how much they require you to put down. Ideally, you should be able to just download the fucking driver like any other piece of aoftware
>>
>>56491799
So, I can still download new drivers without this spyware right?
>>
>>56492361
Yes off of their website
>>
is the account requirement confirmed in release?
>>
>>56493190
The new GFE requires an account for any functionality, including driver updates and ShadowPlay. You can still update drivers via the website though... for now. ;^)

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2015/10/latest-nvidia-drivers-to-be-locked-behind-geforce-experience-app/
>>
>>56493248
"Will be"
Has it been implemented in the release?
>>
>>56491912
>projecting
>>
>>56491799
how the goddamn fuck are all those terrible ideas all the big tech companies are ramming down our throats the last few years even fucking legal? knowingly creating and selling utter garbage and lying about everything has got to be punishable
>>
Razer and nVidiot babbies in damage control.
>>
>>56493457
>has got to be punishable
It is called boycotting, and you should be doing that if you feel so strongly about it.
>>
>>56493499
That would imply there's no monopoly, shlomo.
>>
>>56493533
Then stfu.
>>
>>56493550
>>>/reddit/
>>>/israel/
>>>/out/
>>
>>56493533
>That would imply there's no monopoly
no it wouldn't imply anything cuck no-one is forcing you to buy a graphics card. If you feel so strongly that you are being fucked then don't buy one.
>>
if you buy from nvidia you are part of the problem
>>
>>56493499
boycotting implies large numbers of people not buying

saying "you can boycot it" is like asking /g/'s singular opinion
>>
>>56493499
I will, once it's time to buy a new card, and once amd has fixed their shit tier linux drivers. So a couple years from now at least.
>>
>>56491912
AMD is literally updating drivers for cards that nvidia would have dropped support for like 5 years ago.
>>
>>56494128
>am I doing it right?
>will the cheque come in the mail?
>>
>>56494323
Because amd is still using the same card from 5 years ago
>>
>>56494172
>99% of PC users except for a few butthurt Pajeets on /g/
You do know all of AMD's sales are just buttcoin miners, right?
>>
>>56494338
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>56494172
there is no alternative
>>
>>56494346
it was 60% only a few years ago, and soon we will be back to those numbers once amd releases their enthusiast gpus
>>
>>56494376
Non-shit linux drivers FUCKING WHEN?
>>
>>56494374
yes there is unless you fell for the 4k meme
>>
>>56491799
>An Essential Application for Every Gimpworks PC
It makes sure that your Gimpworks enabled card gets degraded over time, specially when new generations arrive.
>>
>>56491799
What driver options are disabled?

I have experience installed to get notifications about driver updates, but I don't remember having to make an account.

Is this new or something? I haven't gaymed in a couple weeks.
>>
>>56494388
I fell for the 120fps meme and I will never go back
>>
>>56494413
Do you have special eyes?
>>
>>56494426
apparently so
>>
>>56494413
Don't ever go above 120 then, you're welcome.
>>
>>56491799
I wish I had seen this thread 10 minutes ago.
uninstalled after update and now I'm without shadowplay.
I suggest we start calling forced updates as 'geforced' updates, we should fight it while they're having other problems with the new software.. maybe we can get the message across.
>>
>>56491799
pacman -S nvidia

pretty sure you don't need to make an account though (on windows)
>>
Any way to install the previous version ?
>>
>>56494381
Fucking this. So sick of nvidias shit, but amd just isn't a real option.
>>
okay, I managed to re-install the older version.
if you want to get rid of the update nag screen, go to: C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience\Update
and rename the setup.exe
>>
>>56494409
It's new with GoyForce Experience 3.0 that was released yesterday. It requires an Nvidia account to use any of its features now, including Shadowplay. You can also just link your Google or Facebook account if you want to go full botnet.
>>
i just updated my drivers yesterday and i didn't have to make an account.
>>
>>56494790
Is shadowplay for twitch streamers or something? I don't bother with that.

I'll have to fire it up and check it out.
>>
>>56494818
Because it isn't included with the latest driver, since that was released before GFE 3.0. As soon as GFE updates itself, you'll be required to make an account to use features you already had. Isn't that fun?

>>56494859
It's primarily for recording gameplay, but can also be used to stream.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.