[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT closes down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: logo-ITTtech_400x400.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
logo-ITTtech_400x400.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
Who here has a degree from ITT? They just went bankrupt and closed down!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-06/itt-technical-institutes-shuts-down-leaving-a-hefty-bill

PS: is a degree from ITT even worth anything???
>>
>>56461546
>tfw some faggot I used to briefly know from hischool got a degree from there

TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
Nope, all my teachers told me those schools were a waste of time Expensive and the accreditation is lose, good luck transferring classes.
>>
>>56461546

My resume now says I graduated from ITT tech
>>
A degree from ITT Tech is actually worse than no degree at all.
>>
>>56461861
What if they raped you?
>>
>>56461811
kek'd
>>
>>56461811
this is now my plan as well
>>
>>56461811
good plan. they had good courses on netsec. you can claim you graduated in that and get an easy job.

>>56461999
witnessed
>>
>>56461546
>>56461861
How did people fall for the ITT Tech meme?
>>
>>56461811
A degree from ITT is not exactly something you'd want to advertise to your potential employers.
>>
>>56462029
>former students are pushing to have their debts canceled by alleging that the company defrauded them into taking out the debt by advertising false job-placement rates
Good luck anon
>>
>any degree
>worth anything
I use my actual genuine university degree as toilet paper and it's not even good at that.
>>
in case anyone else needs to shoop to get past HR drones, their diplomas are simple as fuck
>>
File: [email protected]_.jpg (18KB, 344x320px) Image search: [Google]
kcardon@itt-tech.edu1_.jpg
18KB, 344x320px
>>56462113
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8pjd1QEA0c
>>
>>56462250
No one wants to watch that cuck, gas yourself for even posting a video of his
>>
>>56462123

lol
>>
>be me
>graduate from Heald (everest)
>$40,000 deep
>get a job that required college degree
>Heald goes poof
>file student defense form
>keep job
>don't have to pay student loan
>keep physical copy of degree
>already two big name companies on my resume

This is probably the best thing that happened kek
>>
Last month, the feds demanded the company produce an additional $153 million in collateral—nearly double its $78 million in cash on hand—to cover possible losses that the government might incur if the company were to suddenly fail.

T-thanks
>>
>>56462270
yeah but you're posting on /g/
so you're basically in the red
>>
>>56461861
Well, this doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>56462270
That's actually really cool.
>>
It is worse than no degree because it shows the employer that you aren't just poor, but you're actually dumb enough to fall for a scam like for-profit universities.
>>
>>56462420
>I dont think other colleges are in it for the money
>>
>>56462451
They aren't declared for-profit, retard.
>>
File: monkey_muchlove_icon.png (43KB, 163x158px) Image search: [Google]
monkey_muchlove_icon.png
43KB, 163x158px
>>56461546
So if ITT is out of business, i can print a fake degree or cert from them and no one will be the wiser?
>>
>>56462107
I use my BS to get passed HR drones, other than that it's literally just one line at the very end of my 2 page resume.
>>
>>56461546
its worth about as much as toilet paper.

So in Venezuela, its basically gold
>>
>>56462476
Except for the fact that hiring managers are going to see much more of this.

Fyi no one ever checked on my AA or BS.
>>
>>56461811
>>56462476
I'm betting they will keep legacy systems to confirm graduates and that kind of stuff.
>>
>>56462476
Yes. You can start a flourishing business selling "novelty" degrees on Ebay/Tor.
>>
>>56462284
ITT Tech won in the end. They got 5 billion dollars for free by the gov in exchange for its 78 million that will probably go entirely to shareholders. The company is not even dead. They're restarting with a debt of 0.
>>
>be german
>go to university
>tution is free and you only have to pay for textbooks temporarily until you return them youll be reimbursed unless you damaged them
>graduate
>no studen debt
>a year after uni spend time traveling yurop
>a year after that find no job
>suddenly get paid internship which turns into a full time job
>still have no loans
>lifes good

merica got really fucked in the education department
at least theyre not being overrun by mudslimes
>>
>>56462564
America offers scholarships to people who do well in high school which pays most if not all of their college or technical school tuition fees.

The main issue tends to be with poor people who statistically do worse in school. If you don't have decent scores you may not qualify for a scholarship and you'll have to take out a loan instead. Loans by themselves aren't bad but if the person doesn't use proper judgement and applies to one of these for-profit businesses they'll be put very far into debt very quickly. Rather than wasting time and money with these places you should go to a community college or a technical school, some place that is at least accredited. If you do that you'll be in debt but it will be like 1/5th or less of what you would have from one of these places, you'll also have a way to pay it off since you'll actually have a degree.
>>
>>56462113
>degree in CAD
what
>>
>>56461546
not technology

>>>/biz/
>>
>>56462716
believe it or not professional CAD is very sought after.
not just a cad course you took but actual specialization.
you can work in so many fields. for example car manufacturers, airplane manufactureres, visual technology companies, architectural firms. not to mention video games and movies.
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 459x409px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 459x409px
>>56462502
Underrated post! The tp situation down there is hilarious
>>
>>56462740
>I can use a hammer
>Therefore, I know how to build a skyscraper
>>
>>56462037
It's better than having empty years in your resume.
>>
>>56461546
As someone who regularly hires software engineers for a fortune 500 company, no, degrees from ITT are worthless and mean I immediately stop reading your resume. Still better than University of Phoenix though...
>>
>>56461546
My grandparents have an ancient ITT-Nokia tv
>>
>>56462979
As someone who regularly calls out bullshit posts, yes, your post is 100% bullshit
>>
>>56462950
That time could have been better spent at a community college for 1/10th the price. And since he had the money to pay for the ridiculous price of ITT Tech, he could have switched to an elite school after two years of community college to finish a 4 year degree.

Community college is literally more valuable than a degree at ITT Tech.
>>
hahahah
>>
File: 1472675301747.png (11KB, 402x383px) Image search: [Google]
1472675301747.png
11KB, 402x383px
>>56461711

A guy at my highschool did the same, because they gave him a free laptop
>>
>>56462257
>implying John Oliver is a cuck
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH
#notacuck #feminism
>>
>>56462740
>believe it or not professional CAD is very sought after.
I can't believe it, really. CAD is something you learn through tutorials with your product or, if you paid enough for it like CATIA, actual training.
>>
>>56462420
And once you've got a diddly-do degree from ITT Tech, the government won't give you any more grants towards a second (real) degree.
>>
>>56463248
>CAD is something you learn through tutorials with your product

In architecture, you're not getting a CAD job without some sort of certification or past work experience. Because in most cases they'll just have an intern with a B.Arch or M.Arch degree do the drafting anyway. Plus the professional degree holders will eventually become architects and you can bill more for their time. A drafter will always be a drafter.

But, you're right about self instruction. I taught myself AutoCAD and Maya during my undergrad.
>>
>>56461811
>>56461999
As someone who works in HR, your resume is going straight in the trash if it has Phoenix, Devry, or ITT Tech on it
>>
>>56463373
>Because in most cases they'll just have an intern with a B.Arch or M.Arch degree do the drafting anyway.
Exactly. I had no idea there were people who were tasked specifically with drafting and went to school for it since it's such an easy thing. Maybe it's more common in architecture than engineering?
>>
>>56462693
>The main issue tends to be with poor people who statistically do worse in school
Which is statistically because the schools are shit.
>>
>>56463407
The only reason I got 3 of the jobs I've had was because I had a degree (which happened to be from itt). It's better than nothing for sure
>>
File: 3413942598599575428.png (222KB, 510x237px) Image search: [Google]
3413942598599575428.png
222KB, 510x237px
>>56461546
Yeah I may have gotten an AS back in '10

That's what I get for allowing my parents to convince me not to go to state. Planning to go now for a Bachelor's in computer engineering. Unless you all wanna throw a few other tech majors at me that are better. I'll legitimately consider them.
>>
>>56463423
It's hard to really do well when funding is based on how well students do. If you're in a district with a bunch of poorfags who barely attend the school is gonna reflect that and then the budget gets cut and they have less money that can go toward paying teachers and maintaining the campus facilities
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.