[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

real time programming and embedded software

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: embedded-software-engineering.png (262KB, 460x250px) Image search: [Google]
embedded-software-engineering.png
262KB, 460x250px
Hi /g/,

I graduated as a mechanical engineer from Germany and apply for jobs at the moment.
The field I am interested in often requires experience in
-real time programming
-embedded software

As a mechanical engineer, programming and software development isn't something we tapped into very deply and I have some questions about the terminology.
I just want to make sure that I have actually done this things and don't want to embarrass myself during the interview.

I have programmed Kuka robots in the Programming language KRL (Kuka robotic language) I also written a software that with which a robot can be controlled by a gamepad and publish a paper (together with a PhD) about the pros and cons of such a device in comparison to the hand controller. For this doesn't qualify as "real time programming", but is it embedded software?

I also wrote a programm on an arduino that lest the arduino work as a USB master using a transiever. The arduino placed my data into registries and with other registries created the packages for communications. I wrote the entire USB-driver and handled the entire USB-communication (as well as creating the circuit). Does this qualify as real time programming?

Lastly, I wrote control software for assembly lines and other smaller systems that included in SPS.

Don't rage. I used programming only for the means to an end and I am not a software developer.
>>
>>56453458
not your personal blog
fuck off to >>>/adv/ this is a neet board
>>
>>56454088
counter-sage

fuck off
>>
>>56453458
>>>/g/dpt
>>>/g/sqt

Don't need a new thread every time someone has a dumb programming question.
>>
>>56454088
dont listen to these little shits , they would rather spend days masturbating to drawings rather than remotely try and do something productive or creative.

desu I think youre fine anon , putting literally any qualifier before Programming is a meme , its still programming.
>>
>>56454963
I'd have to disagree. Understanding hardware for that field is important.

>>56453458
I graduated last year with a degree in embedded systems and had trouble finding a job, as most places wanted someone with 5+ years experience, so I settled for a pure software development job. I only applied to places in the Houston, Texas area in the U.S. though.

It sounds like you have decent experience. You may want to learn C/C++ to help your cause. Good luck OP
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.