[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coil whine in my audio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cb.jpg (364KB, 1000x725px) Image search: [Google]
cb.jpg
364KB, 1000x725px
So yesterday I posted about an annoying coil whine I'd get in my speakers here >>56445740 from my onboard sound

The problem basically boiled down to me getting a coil whine whenever I'd put the GPU under load. Note, the coil whine I could only hear with my speakers or headphones on. What I noticed was that the whine got less if the GPU was under 100% load. Now I tried swapping for a different GPU but that did not fix my issue. Some googling I did suggested it might have been the PSU or some grounding issue. When I unplug the aux in and touch the I/O shield, I can hear the coil whining loud and clearly. So do you guys think it is a PSU or grounding issue? Or are they both related to each other? Any ideas for a fix, replacing PSU is an obvious one ofcourse.
>>
External amp/dac.
>>>/g/sqt
>>
>>56452633
Some onboards are simply noisy.
A dedicated soundcard usually fixes the problem.
>>
I found that acer motherboards have this type of problem, and or just noisy audio. Its like what is mentioned in >>56452896. Sound cards may fix the problem but be wary of shit teir cards. Something like a $50 asus card would be something to look out for.
>>
>>56453460
I have an old $5 SoundBlaster Live that doesn't have any noise.
It even works on W10, but setting it up with KX drivers requires some effort.
>>
>>56452633

I have kind of the opposite problem. My GPU under load causes a high frequency electric noise heard through my speakers/headphones.

For me it's GPU related. If I take my GPU out it's gone. It doesn't happen with my GTX460 either. It happens with newer GPUs though. I just put it down to some kind of EMI with newer cards.

I doubt it is your PSU unless it is supplying some real dirty power and it's probably not a grounding issue. You just have some noisy EMI. Happens a lot, sometimes it's a specific component that's causing it (usually GPU)
>>
>>56453482
Well if you can get it set up with KX drivers than more power to you. I'vr never tried doing that so I don't have much to tell you
>>
Yep, emu10k1/2 are good chips.
Shame they only licensed the original driver up to XP.
>>
Screw creative douchefags

VIA
I
A
>>
I used to get the same issue with my microphone recordibg but then I got a condenser mic power supply thing and now it works fine.
>>
not really sadly most on board, usb (fiios e10), hdmi, doesnt matter, asio they all suffer with latency interrupts

so far the only way ive found to get around this is digital to my amp
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.