[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/agt/ Audio General Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 14

/agt/
Audio General Thread
Post your setup, give suggestions, post some pastebin or quick consumer guide, so that we can upgrade them
Previous Thread >>56377818
OP speakers edition
>>
File: magnat-monitor-supreme-102.jpg (71KB, 848x766px) Image search: [Google]
magnat-monitor-supreme-102.jpg
71KB, 848x766px
>>56403328
what are some of the best passive bookshelf speaker that won't break the bank? some anon on a previous thread suggested the bookshelf design has been around since forever... is it safe to assume they all sound roughly the same, past a certain price point? (ie: not crap drivers)
>>
Anyone have that big guide pic?
>>
>>56403348
>is it safe to assume they all sound roughly the same
not at all
drivers, crossovers, cabinet volume / baffle size, internal chambering, bracing and damping, waveguides
there's a lot of things that make all the difference
actually the only thing most bookshelf speakers share is the fact that's it's a box shape
>>
>>56403508
I'd say bookshelf speakers around the 400usd range sound the same, the thing differentiating them being the tweeter design.

Band tweeters usually sound more but you have to have them angled properly.
>>
>>56403545
I'd suggest to visit a hifi store to check again if everything really sounds the same to you
because that doesn't really sound like real life experience there
>>
Hey guys, I think I'm going to buy a JBL LSR305 to play music, video game sounds, and movies and videos in my room from my desktop pc. I can only afford 1x for now but will probably get a 2nd eventually. Is this a good idea?

What else would I need to connect this to my pc? Do I need a 'audio interface' and some cables? I really know nothing about how to set something like this up and what I would need, some specific help would really be appreciated, thanks guys!
>>
Any speaker suggestions for europoor looking to throw out the 10 year old generic pc speakers?
Budget's tight and importing from US is expensive.
>>
>>56403348
I hear the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 are very good, been tempted to pick up a pair.
>>
>>56403571
no, music is stereo. don't do this
you need something to hook them up that's able to control the volume on them, a small interface would be ideal, yes
>>
>>56403586
magnat monitor 202 or what ever of that line fits your budget
they're solid little bookshelf speakers, hook them up to any old stereo amp you find and you're set
>>
File: Fragezeichen Reimu.jpg (266KB, 914x1249px) Image search: [Google]
Fragezeichen Reimu.jpg
266KB, 914x1249px
is the hiss on lsr305s really that bad?
>>
File: 14729022106531204471996.jpg (15KB, 390x250px) Image search: [Google]
14729022106531204471996.jpg
15KB, 390x250px
Anyone here using god-tier Aurelias? Pic related, Aurelia Magenta
>>
>>56403611
if your source is clean and your room is completely silent then the only thing you hear is a bit of noise if you put your ear like 15cm in front of the tweeter
>>
File: f594408c125a1c7bf851ccc404eacfcc.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
f594408c125a1c7bf851ccc404eacfcc.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
Thought, that they will be huge for my room, but they're not. 2 20cm woofers are awesome. Yamaha reciever also made my soundcard sucks (why did I even bough it? Just for optical out and DTS connect support)?
>>
>>56403617
looks a bit like a bad Amphion ripoff
>>
>>56403600
>magnat monitor 202
Bit too pricy.
>>
Looking for something to hook up to PC, in the 50-100$ range.

Already have very good Sennheiser headphones but want some speakers as well.
>>
>Phone upgrade next week.
>Have Samsung S5
>looking into Samsung S7 (partly because of good deal on exhange)

I keep seeing mixed shit about them, I know the note 7 is having crazy battery issues. Not sure what is true or untrue when I read stuff about the phone. What is /g/ opinion?
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-09-03 14.11.44.png (122KB, 769x690px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-09-03 14.11.44.png
122KB, 769x690px
>browsing hi-fi store website
>no prices
>see this

I hate 'audiophiles' tbqh
>>
Who HS7 here?
Comfy af for music production and listening.
>>
>>56404596
HS80m

Seen me through for 9 years now.
>>
File: amp.jpg (75KB, 1203x317px) Image search: [Google]
amp.jpg
75KB, 1203x317px
Hey all,

So my shit logitech computer speaker system is dying and I want to get a budget receiver / 5.1 speaker system setup.

I'm looking at the yamaha RX-V379 receiver but even after reading tutorials on how to read amp power outputs, i'm still confused (pic related).

If I'm looking to buy 5 bookshelf speakers that have a rated power of 75 watts each (Micca MB42's), would this receiver be able to power them, since it's 20 Hz-20kHz 2ch driven power is only 70 watts?

Does the "2 ch driven" mean that it'll only output 70 watts when 2 speakers are connected, and it'll do even worse with 5?

Will it supply 70 watts to the sub as well?

Thanks for the help.
>>
File: Untitled.png (15KB, 900x804px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15KB, 900x804px
Currently own HD600s with no amp/dac. I was thinking of getting some JBL LSR305s since many people say a good pair of powered monitors will blow headphones out the water, plus I want the max comfyness of speakers since you don't put them on your head and not having headphone hair anymore.

I hear room layout is fairly important when getting speakers, so will this kind of layout with 305s sound better than HD600s or even the HD800 S?
>>
>>56403589
I'm using a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 and I'm very happy with them. They even have a decent bit of bass, though you obviously shouldn't expect bookshelf speakers to sound like a sub or some shit.
>>
>>56403545
>I'd say bookshelf speakers around the 400usd range sound the same
I'd say price has yet again nothing to do with how something sounds.
>>
>>56403611
Hardly but it's audible if the room is quiet and you sit close to them. Having a computer running is likely going to mask that hiss completely.
>>
>>56405486
That looks like the amp is rated for 2x70W in stereo (for the front speakers). It will not provide 5x70W for 5 speakers and in the vast majority of cases receivers do not provide amplification for subwoofers. Subs are fed from the receiver's sub pre-out and they come with their own integrated amps.

Anyway, just because a speaker is rated for some power handling capability doesn't mean it REQUIRES that power in order to function. You really don't need much power at all for comfortably loud in-door listening in your typical room. You should be perfectly fine with the amount of power that receiver is capable of handling and you probably won't even get close to turning it all the way up. Speaker efficiency matters as well (more efficient = louder at the same power usage), but I'd say you've got enough power anyway to not worry about it. I've got a 2x50W amp with 2x100W speakers and my normal listening volume is something like 15%, I don't think I've ever turned the amp above 40%, it's just way too loud.

Keep in mind however that if you're getting 5 bookshelf speakers you won't get much at all int the lower bass range, you want a sub or at the very least a pair of floorstanders with decently large drivers for your front speakers.
>>
Has anyone here ever done quasi-anechoic loudspeaker measurements using multiple gated impulse responses combined for a full spectrum FR? And if you have, any tips or things I should keep mind? I'm interested in doing them one day for my loudspeakers both on and off axis to see if there are things I should and could correct with EQ.
>>
>>56406086

Thanks m8.

I'll likely buy a sub as well, though maybe not right away. I'm in an apartment which is why I'm buying bookshelf speakers in the first place, I basically turn my current sub all the way down so I don't disturb my neighbors.
>>
>>56403348
Wave Crest hvl-1
Elac b6
Philharmonic affordable accuracy
>>
>>56403688
The head designer/engineer of the speakers is the same guy. Amphion changed something and he thought it was for the worse so he left and started his own company. That's why they look similar.
>>
>>56403677
You don't need sub with your NS-777?
>>
>>56407528
No, they have enough LF, just need to place them 20-50cm from wall.
>>
File: audiophile.jpg (48KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
audiophile.jpg
48KB, 600x420px
Post poor designs

http://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-benesch-square-one-series-2-loudspeaker-measurements
>>
>>56409543
holy shit
I know some 'high end' hifi is serious crap but this is almost scam
>>
Should I buy these memes
>>
File: Birdeye.jpg (962KB, 2800x1867px) Image search: [Google]
Birdeye.jpg
962KB, 2800x1867px
>>56409895
Hey now, someone might like them in a store after the clerk explains the secrets of their musicality. Can I interest you with some Magnepans?

http://www.stereophile.com/content/magnepan-magneplanar-mg16qr-loudspeaker-measurements
http://www.soundandvision.com/content/magnepan-mmg-speaker-system-measurements

Or maybe a 11k dollar tube(????) DAC:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/allnic-d-5000-dht-da-processor-measurements
>>
I've tried googling this to no avail, so hopefully /g/ can help.

I have a sharp GXBT7 connected to my PC with an aux, and when watching films which feature very low volume scenes (such as a scene with no speech, just ambient noises) the speaker doesn't seem to pick anything up at all, so plays none of the ambient sound. Is there some way to increase the sensitivity, or otherwise resolve this issue?
>>
>>56409978
what the fuck
that dac had to be broken
>>
File: 1214AllnicFig05.jpg (52KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
1214AllnicFig05.jpg
52KB, 600x442px
>>56409978
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/new-direct-heated-triode-tube-digital-analogue-converter-allnic-audio-labs-21318/
>3) Frequency range: 20 Hz-20 KHz flat

ok
>>
File: mf_merlin_black.jpg (51KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mf_merlin_black.jpg
51KB, 1024x768px
I recently picked up te merlin system from musical fidelity (minus the turntable) for only 250 euros (costs around 1000 euros normally) and they sound great for the price I got them at. Anyone else got this? I'm curious since it seems to be pretty rare that I see someone mention these.
>>
File: thd.jpg (46KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
thd.jpg
46KB, 600x439px
>>56410027
The other channel likely is. Seems to be a hackjob all around though. There are others.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/zanden-5000-mkivsignature-da-converter-2000-premium-cd-transport-measurements
http://www.stereophile.com/content/lector-strumenti-audio-digitube-s-192-da-converter-measurements

Always nice that they publish these.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/schiit-audio-ragnarok-integrated-amplifier-measurements
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.