[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Installing ubuntu on manjaro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: rufus_example.png (20KB, 313x480px) Image search: [Google]
rufus_example.png
20KB, 313x480px
Hey /g/, I tried asking this on stupid q general and the linux general with no answers.

I have the ubuntu OS ready on a flash drive using rufus.
I can't boot into it, it doesn't show up at the grub bootloader.
What should I do to make it show up? I'm just trying to switch from manjaro to ubuntu and nothing works
>>
You'd need to select the drive in your UEFI/BIOS. If it makes it to GRUB then it's booting off your hard disk instead of your USB THUMB/JUMP STICK
>>
>>56296972
And how do I open bios on manjaro? does it work the same as windows?
>>
>>56297002
The BIOS loads before Manjaro ever starts. You need to press a certain key on your keyboard usually to access the boot device selector.

On Dells it's usually F12 - just spam it as the computer is rebooting until you see the menu.

F2 is a common key to get the BIOS settings where you can change the boot order as well.

You'll need to look up how to get into it for your specific motherboard (sometimes it's the DEL key I think)
>>
>>56297032
Yea I know how to
I tried a few weeks before on this pc and couldn't so I thought it's only a windows thing...
I'm going to try it again...
>>
>>56297066
Well you did something to get your Manjaro installer to boot right?
You do the same thing here.
>>
>>56297088
Yeah, it didn't work a few weeks ago when I tried.
going to try now with all the buttons possible
I feel stupid
>>
>>56297126
What company sold you your PC? Look up the brand + how to enter BIOS on your favorite search engine. It should work fine, you have to be very quick though.
>>
>>56297150
Thos is the same anon from phone
Lol I probably tried every option besides F2 and thought i cant because its not windows
Im going to kill myself now
>>
>>56297185
The only key specific to Windows at bootup is F8 which you use to access Windows' boot loader settings.
>>
>>56297201
I have another question
I looked under the laptop and there is weird fluid
It looks like water and smells weird (kinda machine oil)
Coming from the buttom of thr laptop (probably the fan?)
Wtf is this? It might have been open for a week connected to the charger, could be related?
>>
>>56297250
I don't know, sounds like a question for >>>/g/sqt/

Laptops generally don't have fluids inside them so unless you have a leaking battery or spilled hydraulic fluid on it idk what to tell you m8
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.