[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ approved ISP/router settings for Ausfags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 13165928.jpg (59KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
13165928.jpg
59KB, 600x800px
Who /Ausfag/ here. I know it's a wrong board but /wsr/ is full of bluepilled normies.

I'm moving to Sydney tonight and I am looking for good ISPs.

I already have spoken to Optus and signed up for their ADSL service. But seems like I made a few mistakes.

>Sagemcom F@st 3864OP has a locked down firmware
>Doesn't allow Bridge mode

All I ever want is to be able to use third party firmware to use Tomato/Open-WRT without choking on high traffic.
>>
Australian ISPs aren't /g/ approved :^)
>>
>Aus
You are entirely fucked. Game over.
>>
>>56264060
>>56264088
Is it that bad?
>>
>>56264137
Yes. Your "country" is attempting to rival the People's Republic of China's Great Firewall. Psst, they don't want you to make too much contact with the outside world.
>>
>>56264215
What dud I miss?
>>
>>56264340
Did*
>>
>adsl
kek
>>
Hi I'm Australian
Here is a good website to compare ISPs in Australia:
www.google.com.au
>>
>>56264600
How does Google know what ISP does /g/ prefer?
>>
>>56264060
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>56266224
>greentexting >using the smiley with a carat nose in response to the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>56263834
Optus is best.
Using one of their mobile plans with zero issues so far.

Had problems with virgin and amaysim.
>>
>>56266243
Curious what issues you had with them given their wholesalers of Optus services, including 4G. Been with Amaysim for over 3 years and never had an issue. Was paying 3x the price for the same service with Optus before that.
>>
>>56263834
Nuskope. Best part of using their wireless service is that you're not using Telstra-owned lines
>>
File: 1471754051324.png (153KB, 4200x4200px) Image search: [Google]
1471754051324.png
153KB, 4200x4200px
>>56263834

go here http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/92

this is where all the telco admins hang out. they will help you.
>>
>>56263834
Just buy your own modem or modem router and setup the ADSL as PPPoE and then bridge the router. I have a D-Link DSL-2890AL and then have a Netgear WNDR3700 plugged into it running dd-wrt with a US VPN.
>>
>>56266288
Virgin kept charging for extra data even though I was careful not to go over their limit.

Then amaysim called me up to tell me they're deactivating my unlimited service for using the plan too much.
They said I was calling people from my unlimited plan and texting too much, then proceeded to deduct 2 $40 payments from my account. Fuck them and their shitty prepaid service.

Currently on optus 2 dollars a day plan, everything has been flawless.
>>
Have you tried repetitively hitting it with a hammer?
>>
This is a puritan board.
>>
>>56263834
You're dumb enough to sign up for optus, also dumb enough to presume a ISP provided router is going to work with a WRT variant or tomato.

Yet you think you're technically skilled enough to install any of these without issue?

I'm not saying installing these router OS is difficult - what I'm saying is you're too fucking retarded to be on this bored now fuck off you normie cuck.
>>
>>56270372
>normie
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>56270606
Sounds like your favourite board cunt.

Why don't you go shitpost over there?
>>
>>56270677
>look mum I made another post on 4chan
>that's nice dear
Hi there
Is it possible user 56270677 that you use a tripcode from now on? This will enable me to filter any post you make in the future.
Thanks!
>>
>>56270677
Just leave you fucking autistic sperglord
>>
Avoid Optus/Telstra then

If you wanna use that, check out Internode, iiNet, Exetel, TPG etc
>>
If adsl, just throw it out and get a td-8817 in bridge mode

If fttn check whinglepool for fttn modems with bridge mode

If fttp then go fucking nuts kiddo
>>
>>56266474
>Data caps
Disgusting
>>
>>56263834
too bad she is fucking a dicklet asian
>>
>>56263834
T H I C C
H
I
C
C
>>
Who dis?
>>
>>56272606
Mei
>>
>>56272634
The displayed I mean senpai
>>
>>56263834
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>56263834
Why are all Mei cosplays so fucking lazy?
>>
>>56272703
you are on /g/ and you didn't even bother to reverse image search?
>>
>>56273204
Yeah, they should spend a few months gaining weight for authenticity
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.