[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ ~ Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 38

File: 1450304567912.jpg (103KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1450304567912.jpg
103KB, 900x675px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE and WAIT for a reply. You are NOT entitled to an answer.

For Linux related stuff, try >>>/g/flt

>READ THE STICKY FIRST >>51971506
>GOOGLE YOUR ISSUE BEFORE POSTING
>DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION

Redirect anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find this thread.
>>
>>56126104
Is this the stupid questions thread?
>>
1) how do I move the favourite pages and the passwords of Google Chrome and Tor Browser from the old computer to the new one?
2) does Microsoft Edge has pre-built Ublock if I do a fresh and clean install of Windows 10 Home on my new computer?
>>
144hz meme or not?
>>
>>56126171
1. there should be an export option
2. doubt it

>>56126197
absolutely not a meme

>>56126138
no this is patrik
>>
What's the cheapest way to soundproof my apartment?
>>
Very recently (in the past week) my mouse and keyboard have started to take around 2 or so minutes to be available after booting into Win7. They light up from the start but do nothing until some time passes, then work like normal. When they start working I hear the "you plugged something in" noise. They work 100% fine in BIOS and safe mode. There were no changes I can think of to my system when this started happening.

Things I have tried: reinstall mobo usb drivers, uninstall and reinstall m+kb drivers, fucking with USB legacy settings in bios, different USB ports, yelling. All have the same result of it still taking a few minutes to work. My normal up and running boot time before this was around 10-15 seconds. Any ideas on other things to try?
>>
>>56126255
lots of stuff, mainly cloth and foam matresses, on the walls but you cant really sound 'proof' for cheap, only dampen.

>>56126259
try a system restore if you have. run AV scans (download eset online and MBAM and run after your regular AV is done)
>>
File: eggbox_2049427i.jpg (74KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
eggbox_2049427i.jpg
74KB, 620x388px
>>56126255
Glue to the walls those paper egg boxes using only the bottom part

If you can't find them bulk for cheap you could use some help from /diy/ they sure know the best in handywork
>>
>>56126138
Maybe
>>
Should I get Skylake or Kaby Lake? What edge will Kaby have against the previous gen that will make it worth?
>>
If I flush all iptables rules but leave it running does it reject everything or accept everything?
>>
>>56126532
Do you need something new now? Buy it.
Can you wait? Wait.

Check the rumour mills for information.

>>56126593
It should say in the manual, but normally accepts all without rules.
>>
>HDD failed (electrical fault)
>bought identical HDD, same manufacture date
>swapped controller
Windows recognizes that it's connected, but can't give a size, initialize or mount it
Anything I can do to recover data?
>>
What's a good mobo for ~$250?
I got the MSI X99A SLI Krait Edition but shit was DOA.

I don't even think that one has error beep codes, so fuck that.

It'd be nice if it's all black or black/white to match my setup.

Was thinking the MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon but that's really overkill, but I ~can~ afford it.
>>
I just purchased a 3tb WD Blue drive and my motherboard doesn't seem to support it and only recognize 746 GB. I tried everything from converting to gpt to updating drivers and it still doesn't show. I would like to know if I can solve it by using a HDD enclosure so that I can connect it through USB 2.0 so that I wouldn't need to purchase another motherboard

AMD Athlon x2
Emaxx motherboard
>>
>>56126765
>spending that much on a mobo
if you cant name a specific feature that only is available on a mobo that expensive you dont need such an expensive mobo.

just RMA for another one.

>>56126776
read your mobo manual and check manufacturer website to see if it actually supports 3TB drives
>>
Dear /sqt/.

Portable drive was aparently damaged. One person picked it up during copying files from (Windows) PC to drive and rotated, wondering that it is, while I was not looking. It threw an error then and PC could no longer see it.

After four tries, it finally connected, after several seconds of waiting, asking to scan and repair. I agreed, but it aparently is stuck since 15 minutes under part about "processed decryptors/file identificators" and same number.

Leave it be or hit cancel? Im tight on time today and this is really uncomfortable situation.
>>
So i bought a new laptop (lenovo 510s), and i also have an audio technica earphones + mic (as in their is a single 3.5mm jack). Ive used it previously on another laptop and both audio and mic work fine, however with this new laptop the audio works fine but the microphone is not detected in windows. And the laptop's 3.5mm jack has a picture of a headphone with mic next to it befor eyou ask. I've tried the following
> Reinstalling realtek hd audio drivers
> uninstalling all audio device through dev manager
> show hidden devices in audio manager
>>
File: FuckYouWithAnAxe.jpg (257KB, 700x610px) Image search: [Google]
FuckYouWithAnAxe.jpg
257KB, 700x610px
I just batch converted like 160 songs in Audacity to 432Hz copies in another folder.

Long story short: The names of the songs transferred, but all the other metadata transferred from the FIRST song in the batch.

how to QUICKLY (not by hand if possible) copy the ENTIRE ID3 of one file to another without changing anything else? preferably something similar to fc, but update all meta fields from a selected one?

i.e.
song 1: Artist 9, Genre 64, Album 28, etc.
song 2: Artist 1, Genre 1, Album 1, etc.

EVERYTHING in song 2 is WRONG except the title
How to just transfer them quick?
>>
File: transmission.jpg (105KB, 554x571px) Image search: [Google]
transmission.jpg
105KB, 554x571px
How could I learn to write software for electrical station control systems?

Which language(s)/protocols should I get familiar with?
>>
Which programming language would be best for a complete beginner to learn?
>>
Bunch of stupid questions

1. Is there a site where I can print a custom monthly calendar?

2. How to "copy" the test in this page and make stand alone application? would wget do? http://hearingtest.online/

3. For work related reasons I have to use Viper, which of these options are better? a.Viper for android, b. viper for windows in wine, c. viper for linux?

4. Regarding using DVD players that support MP4/AVI, what are codec that is compatible with those? H264 and AAC?
>>
>>56126987
fuck you specifically need to know that for?

I'm sure whoever you work for would tell you what languages you'll need to know. so, unless you WORK at an electrical plant, there's no reason you need to know this.
>>
Do gifs deteriorate over time/copyinglike jpegs (artifacts etc)? I've seen some old ass gifs and they are the same quality as always
>>
I'm going to get a lot of shit for this, but where can I find my product key on Windows 8 Lenovo laptop?
>>
>>56126197
I mean it's nice. If you have the money, go ahead. I wouldn't worry if you're on a budget.
>>
>>56127173
only if you resave it and change the palette.
same with jpeg, you only lose quality if you save it over and over again.

save being exporting form an image editing program, not just saving from the web or copying it to somewhere else.
>>
File: 1471215762605.png (437KB, 2586x1567px) Image search: [Google]
1471215762605.png
437KB, 2586x1567px
>>56126197
It's very good. If you need a cheap one, Acer makes one ~230usd
>>
Once I booted Xubuntu on my USB flash drive, but I don't need it anymore. Is there a way I can delete Xubuntu and turn the USB flash drive back to the standard USB storage it was before?
>>
>>56127019
First language is always the hardest. I went with Python first
>>
/g/ noob here

I want to into gaymen PC's and have no fucking clue where to start

Is it possible to buy a decent gaming PC without dropping a grand? Can I get/build a good one for $500 or less? Either desktop or laptop, laptop preferred.
>>
>>56127019
Pascal
>>
>>56126804
That's true. I thought I just made a bad choice in the mobo so I figured spending more would be less of a risk.

Thanks.
>>
First time posting in SQT so hoping for something.

Im getting my iPad Air 2 today and wanted to know what the easiest way/app is to drag & drop (or just transfer) anime and movies to it is. Ill be transferring from PC.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>56127281
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

Scroll down to the chart, find your budget on the right side of the chart ($500 in this case) you'll be able to pick the exact parts for your budget. Then research how to build it. A high school drop-out can do it senpai.
>>
>>56127399
connect that thing to the computer
start the itunes bloat program
click your thing in itunes
click movies
drag and drop stuff into there.
pray the encoding is exactly how it likes it.
>>
>>56127444
iTunes doesnt transfer anything thats not mp4 and the like and especially doesnt transfer MKV files, which all modern Anime and Movies are produced in.
>>
I can't seem to move my last row to the bottom for whatever reason. I'm not sure what the issue is, all of the other rows are fine...Using HTML, can a kind anon give me a fresh perspective?
<table>
<tr>
<td>
test2
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
Teacher Device
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
Free!
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
test
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
Rate/Comment!
</td>
</tr>

</table>
>>
File: dlink-DI-524.png (350KB, 625x399px) Image search: [Google]
dlink-DI-524.png
350KB, 625x399px
Is there a chance that i will get hacked if i use 12 years old router?

pic is related, latest firmware update was 2008
>>
>>56127458
remux with ffmpeg, setup a dlna server and stream from it or get a tablet that isn't shit.
>>
>>56127495
you're missing a td for "test"

also, that's a massively shit way to do something if you are only using one column.
use a list or any other block element.
>>
Can dx-torrent be trusted?
>>
>>56127075
Now my skins crawl.
>>
>>56127513
Yeah, I just figured that out myself and now feel like a doof. Thanks.

Also, what are the advantages of using a list? I do have multiple columns...
>>
>>56127496
none of them are secure see http://www.cnet.com/news/top-wi-fi-routers-easy-to-hack-says-study/

the main resson not to use that piece of shit is the new protocols are way faster
>>
>>56127529
tables are for tabular data, if you have only one column you don't need one to list items below each other.
a list works better with screenreaders/textparsers.
>>
I want the numberOfSecondsToSleep or Thread.Sleep (the waiting time before the program prints an answer to the user's question) be 0 when the user isn't really asking a question (e.g. input line is less than 5 characters long). How do I do this? The way I did it here, doesn't work.

while (true)
{
Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.White;
Console.Write("Ask something. ");
Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.DarkGray;
string questionString = Console.ReadLine();

int numberOfSecondsToSleep = randomObject.Next(5) + 1;
Thread.Sleep(numberOfSecondsToSleep * 600);

if (questionString.ToLower() == "quit" || questionString == "Quit")
{
break;
}

if (questionString.Length < 5)
{
numberOfSecondsToSleep = 0;
Console.WriteLine("You didn't ask anything.");
continue;
}
>>
>>56127242
Just format it back
>>
>>56127551
put the if block before the thread sleep?
or am I missing something here.
>>
>>56127186
Should be on the bottom or inside the battery compartment
>>
>>56126532
>What edge will Kaby have against the previous gen that will make it worth?
You could play Totally Accurate Battle Simulator with more units
>>
>>56127568
I don't think it would make a difference, I just created the Thread.Sleep object before the if block, and I want to call and modify it (is that how you're supposed to say it?) in the last if

Moving the object around doesn't do anything, right?
>>
>>56127549
That makes sense. Appreciate the help, I'll definitely look more into it...
>>
>>56126987
PLC. Probably Siemens. You're gonna need special software.

>>56127075
1. google
4. Yes.

>>56127186
Google or RTFM.

>>56127242
Yes, just fucking format it.

>>56127281
>Is it possible to buy a decent gaming PC without dropping a grand?
yes
>Can I get/build a good one for $500 or less?
no
>Either desktop or laptop, laptop preferred.
Desktop. expect to pay 50% more for a laptop with the same performance.

Start here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQGjGPK1Jw
>>
Thread.Sleep is a static method, you don't create an object.
Once you call it, it executes and sleeps.

while (true)
{

if (questionString.Length < 5)
{
continue;
}

int numberOfSecondsToSleep = randomObject.Next(5) + 1;

if (questionString.ToLower() == "quit" || questionString == "Quit")
{
break;
}
}
>>
>>56126701
Boot a linux distribution (I usually use *buntu or puppy) and see if it recognises the drive. Sometimes Windows is just crap.
>>
>>56127621
for >>56127596
>>
>>56127621
Oh I see now, I'm fucking dumb obviously
Thanks lol
>>
>>56127551
>>56127640
why are you checking questionString to be like "Quit" if you already checked it lowercase?
If someone would enter "Quit" then your first condition would already apply
>>
>>56127647
Well, if I remove the second condition and type Quit, I get "you didn't ask anything"
>>
>>56127670
well I know why you did it like this now at least.
do you really need that sleep on quit?
why not

while (true)
{
var questionString = Console.ReadLine();

if (questionString.ToLower() == "quit")
{
break;
}
else if (questionString.Length < 5)
{
continue;
}

var numberOfSecondsToSleep = randomObject.Next(5) + 1;
}
>>
I got a copyright infringement letter from a torrent I downloaded. Should I pay the fee or is there a way around this to work it out with them without paying or going to court?
>>
>>56127603
>google
Wasn't disappointed.
>yes
I see, the DVD player have MP4/MP3/Divx on it.
So will regular MP4 file download from youtube with youtube-dl work right away?
>>
>>56127704
I don't
But the way I did the Console.ForegroundColor was because I want the "oracles" text to be white, and whatever I type, is dark dray. Now with your code, everything is dark gray obv
>>
should i take the linux and linux-kernel updates now and hope it doesnt break anything or should i wait until my system is already a little bit fucky and then if it breaks everything just call it good and reinstall?
>>
>>56127075
Since 1 and 4 were answered,
2. You can download the sounds individually, I'd use Firefox with download helper extension to quickly grab all sounds. Then make your own app/website using them, it's not going to take more than half an hour unless you want to overkill the interface.
3. Depends on what work. Usually the most secure option is linux.
>>
File: Capture.png (31KB, 713x245px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
31KB, 713x245px
Hey anons.

I've got a situation here. I am living in Norway in a tiny-ass town of around 2000 folks and don't have access to wire internet, so I bought 200GB 4g internet from some telecom cunts.

The internet speed is total shit, though, as I'm getting mostly around 4Mbit/s with it sometimes dipping down to 0.7Mbit/s

The company couldn't do shit and suggested I buy another router for 'free' by adding another 12 months to the contract. Now, I have no idea how to actually check if it's the router that is malfunctioning or if I'm getting shitty signal by default.

The router is a ZTE (can specify if needed) and it's giving half-full cell tower signal, so that should be fine.

Any one of you know of any way to test this shit? I'm stumped, since I know nobody who has one to borrow, they cost quite a pretty penny on their own and my company just wants to jew me by giving me 12 more months.

Any idea what I could do?
Pic related. I cant believe im paying almost 800 NOK (85 euros?) for this garbage.
>>
>>56127794
right, I misread it as foreground and background.
hence setting it every time would be a waste.
>>
>>56127741
Don't live in a police state. You can always say you haven't done anything and you don't know what they're talking about. If you're persistent enough they might back off. Next time don't seed torrents unless you use VPN or an encrypted network, or just change your ISP.
>>
>>56127784
>So will regular MP4 file download from youtube with youtube-dl work right away?
It should.

>>56127799
I'd update if it's security patches, otherwise wait.

>>56127808
You should have checked where the phone company's antenna towers are located before buying.
Also, you should still be able to get xDSL over the phone line. It will be more stable than mobile 4G and probably faster.
And I hope you didn't sign a long term contract...
BTW you probably should contact the "konsumentombudsman" nearest to you to help go through everything and see if you can get a refund.

PS. Nice IP.
>>
Ok /g/ents, i bought a Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop.

It's i5 8gigs and rather nice, but it seems to be locked the fuck down.

I put linux onto a USB flash drive, went into bios set to legacy boot settings. Enter boot menu, boot from the fucking USB and it just CRASHES into some sort of Windows enviroment.
>>
I unplugged my MBP using a grounded plug and a surge protector, when I picked it up I touched the Magsafe port, and it shocked me. 1) How likely is it I have caused damage to the port (no burn marks and it was charging when I tried again) 2) What the hell happened?
>>
The laptop i buy from the shop today, the geek there told me that there was an image of windows embedded into the HDD. How do i get rid of said image?
>>
>>56127911
Why do you want Linux in the first place
>>
>>56127741
>>56127857
This. You could also play the "open wifi network" card if they are persistent and your state law says you cant be held accountable for it.

>>56127911
Is it UEFI and Win10?
Call Lenovo if you have free tech support.
>>
>>56127986
Yes it was UEFI and W10, but i swapped it to Legacy mode instead.
>>56127985
Because that's the whole reason i bought a damn laptop.
>>
Is there a simple way to make a USB bootable for just about everything? (or at least a Mac and a Dell)

I just want to physically take my desktop and core files to any computer I find so I don't have to deal with syncing and cloud junk.

I've seen tricks and tools, but they all seem to have some limitation or preference. Also I am not just downloading whatnot as that doesn't tell me anything about how or what it does, also not wanting to deal with possible malware.

Why is BIOS and EFI so messed up, I mean EFI was made to fix problems not make more.
>>
>>56128000
Might be some boot lock option in there. But I did hear about this shit coming years ago... I hope it has not arrived.

DESU just call lenovo and ask if it's possible to install another OS on it, and if it isnt, just refund it and buy something that can have other OS on it.
>>
>>56128046
Linux LiveCD on a USB drive.
>>
>>56127802
>make your own app/website using them, it's not going to take more than half an hour unless you want to overkill the interface.
What about the chart? also I have no knowledge of programing.
>Depends on what work
Nothing important, mostly co-workers sending data/pictures.
I was thinking of using WINE since I can kill the application instead of using native propriety software
>>56127900
>It should.
OK thanks mate.
>>
File: fuckingshit.png (26KB, 328x374px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingshit.png
26KB, 328x374px
>>56128053
This looks correct?
>>
somethings real fucky with my pc. either xorg or something with gtk has a siezure every 10 minutes. mouse stops clicking or moving, or even really being useful at all. i can still use the keyboard but i mean why would i want to? also sometimes the whole system shits a brick and freezes, cant do anything, period, whem that happens. need to pull the battery. what the fuck did i do?
>>
In C

Can I use Getint and Getstring together so that inputting a letter will go one direction and a number another ?
>>
>>56126104
Moving from Canada to USA for 4 months, going to ship my desktop PC. Have any of you done this before? Any tips? Good companies to use?
>>
>>56128086
yeah. if it doesnt work try another program
>>
File: tryingthis.png (9KB, 495x88px) Image search: [Google]
tryingthis.png
9KB, 495x88px
>>56128154
Trying this now, i went through the Bios. Can't find anything except for something called "OS Optimized Defaults" Which i disabled.
>>
>>56128136
> it just a regular fragile package

Just remove anything that can be effected by vibration. Disconnect graphics card and hdd and bubble wrap them separately.
>>
>>56128136
take out the gpu and put it back in the original box so it doesnt break while bouncing around inside the case.
put the PC it's original box (i hope you save id) with the foam protection.
>>
I need a browser plugin that changes links to videos into embedded videos so that you can watch external content without leaving the page. Anyone have something like this?
>>
>>56127900
Yeah, I didn't really want to go into any long tirade, but it wasn't really me who bought the router, but my parents, who don't know much about technology, so this shit ain't on me.

Thank you for the other information, though, I will look into all of it.
>>
>>56128171
This one worked! I am now installing le Elliot OS on my Yoga 500 bendy touchlaptop.
>>
How do I run swf files on linux locally?
Open them in browser?
Use adobe flash player with Wine?
>>
>>56128171
you tried unetbootin?
>>
>>56128282
>>56128242
>>
>>56128248
there are native flash players for linux
>>
Is there any reason NOT to upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate?
>>
>>56128345
yeah, install gentoo instead
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-17_13-39-58.png (30KB, 139x175px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-17_13-39-58.png
30KB, 139x175px
>>56128360
>not Arch
>>
>>56128304
>native flash players for linux
As a standalone application?
>>
>>56128384
>implying a microshaft can even install arch
>>
Kek! Installed Kali on a Lenovo Yoga 500 with touch screen.

Network drivers work immediately
Touch screen works flawlessly
Touchpad perfect
Mouse support
Snappy as fuck

I will have some fun with this!
>>
File: 1333582719814.png (3KB, 150x142px) Image search: [Google]
1333582719814.png
3KB, 150x142px
>>56128360
YOU /g/ MEMEING PIECE OF SHIT
JUST ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION

DO I UPGRADE TO 7 ULTIMATE
OR DO I STICK WITH HOME PREMIUM
>>
>>56128408
Here, choose for yourself.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions#Comparison_chart
>>
>>56128408
no theres no real point in upgrading, its a meme
>>
>>56126104
I'm about to put together an entire regular computer for the first time. Is there a /g/ approved guide that I should go off of to make everything easy ?
>>
>>56128458
>gentoo
>meme magic everything else

probably, check the sticky. or check out r\pcmasterrace, theyll build you a good machine, picke very part for you.
>>
>>56128421

>M$ HQ
>2015
> "Bill, they are getting too smart, we need to keep them guessing"
> "What do need my child" ?
> "A MEME, we need a MEME
>" And you shall have it, my children !
>Windows 10 released
>>
>>56128485
are you actually saying steaming pile of shit, or are you saying meme? i have a filter.
>>
>>56128502

You'll never know filterbro
>>
>>56128391
Don't chromium based browsers have a builtin flash player?
>>
>>56128595
can confirm yes, firefox too i think
>>
>>56128595
Yes, Gnash is good but doesn't play V10 swf files.
I just want to fap super deep throat game.
>>
>>56128624
ma nigga!
>>
>>56128458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
>>
>>56128652
fuck wrong link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIF43-0mDk4
>>
>>56128663
Thanks
>>
So, I have several movies in mkv, but the files are too big (~20GB) made by MakeMKV directly from bluray

If I use HEVC to transcode this files the size will be smaller? (with losing ~25% quality)

Also Is there a guide or a "commonly used" parameters for handbreak to do this transcoding?
>>
>>56128790
handbrake: http://pastebin.com/MnspyS2i
>>
Do compilers/CPUs have any efficient way of handling booleans in memory, or with a 64-bit data bus any time you need a boolean does it just waste 63-bits of bus for a cycle?
>>
File: bananya_moe.jpg (75KB, 300x404px) Image search: [Google]
bananya_moe.jpg
75KB, 300x404px
What's the point of dual Sim phones? I got a one plus 3 and have no idea why I'd need 2 Sim cards.
>>
>>56129008
its mainly for border hoppers. people who need access in multiple countries.
>>
>>56129025
Please
>>
What can i expect if i put a fan made for a larger hole in my case? Ive got a 120mm noctua something or other, but only a 107mm holesaw, i dont feel like dremelling.. Reckon she'll still work alright on a smaller hole?
>>
>>56129008
>Amerifat detected
>>
Is there a trick for dividing 100 by a number, not the other way around?
>>
>>56129127
no not really.
>>
>>56128854
thanks man, do you know if there is much difference between H.264 and H.265?
>>
>>56129008
Depends on your carriers.

For example, here in mexico with my carrier i can call 3 people for free, with 2 sims i can call 6.
>>
File: 1470760537817.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470760537817.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Can /g/ recommend a circuit simulator? Poorfag electrical engineer student here that doesn't want to pirate. Maybe some open source? No Linux please, thanks
>>
>>56129008
You can use one personal and one for your business. Or just have an additional sim when you're travelling to another country for a while and want to use their services because it's cheaper than roaming like >>56129084 said.
>>
>>56129540
ltspice
>>
>>56129127
Yes, it's like dividing 1 by a number and then dividing it with 100.
>>
File: 302444.jpg (53KB, 558x336px) Image search: [Google]
302444.jpg
53KB, 558x336px
guy has cameras set around his house
he uses something called milestone xprotect to monitor

he is asking about how he could watch the cameras from anywhere through web

how do I begin to research this subject?

1. he will need static public IP from his IPs right?
2. then he will need some server that will be doing the streaming?

is there some well known universal software for this? or its just whatever comes with the cameras?

I also thought about going with just remote desktop solution, like teamviewer, or VNC... remote to a PC then watch through its browser cameras
but thats awfully amaterish.

any help would be appreciated
>>
Is the macbook pro with CD drive a better option than the newer ones that have no CD drive?
>>
Probably a dumb question but what's the best Linux program to rip audio disks into flac files?
>>
>>56129837
newer = better
>>
File: 8039_big.jpg (140KB, 1000x654px) Image search: [Google]
8039_big.jpg
140KB, 1000x654px
Would you see a difference in benchmarks if you were to install one ram module to the ram slot that is nearest compared to farthest to the CPU?
>>
What its the best E-mail host site out there?
>>
>>56129837
No. That shit is way old. There's SBCs under $100 that would outperform it. You can get an external optical drive if you need one.
>>
File: finngolian female.png (564KB, 858x470px) Image search: [Google]
finngolian female.png
564KB, 858x470px
Is it normal for android phone cameras to be complete shit on 3rd party apps? I'm looking for an alternative to facetime for my Z5 and using FB messenger it was a blurry mess. My 4S I connected to gave a much clearer picture.
>>
>>56129940
single module, probably not

>>56129941
gmail
>>
File: 1429380645587.jpg (45KB, 291x280px) Image search: [Google]
1429380645587.jpg
45KB, 291x280px
>>56129933
>>56129947
Okay, thanks!
The price went way up it seems, now the lowest you can get a 2016 model at is 2000 eurobucks, oh well~
>>
So I bought an extra case fan to throw into my computer (Corsair Air Series AF120) since there was one open chassis fan connector on my motherboard and I figured why not. The fan was a 3 pin connector and I plugged it into a 4 pin slot on the motherboard. Everything worked and the fan powered up just fine but the problem is it's loud and sounds like it's running at full 100% (a whole 1650 RPM) load the whole time. I went into my BIOS and adjusted fan speeds to 20-25% when at my normal idle temps but that didn't work at all. I read online that only 4 pin connector fans can be controlled through the motherboard BIOS options. Would buying a 3 pin to 4 pin adapter for the fan allow me to fix this problem?
>>
How do I configure my Asus VG248QE for vertical visualization?
>>
>>56129971
get dell XPS 13 or 15"
better, cheaper
or wait september, its not time to buy macbook pro

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac
>>
>>56126104
https://imgur.com/a/SNhnZ

I just bought a new IPS monitor. Anyone know what the bright line going across the screen diagonally is called? It's at the bottom right down to the center. I thought it was a smudge but I wiped my screen twice. It's really hard to miss. Almost as if whites/colours appear more light on that line on screen.

I'm trying really hard but when I open the monitor options I can't see it as grey, so it doesn't seem to be there in the monitor options
>>
Is it normal for a defrag to have 15 passes and last a couple of hours? It's around 200GB, thought it'd be done by now
>>
>>56129991
Video drivers?

Desktop resolution settings?
>>
>>56129976
Nevermind answered my own question. Turns out there's something called a 'voltage step down adapter' that comes with and basically reduces the amount of power going to the fan so it runs quieter. That should help.
>>
>>56130054
I don't know, I still have to use it.
>>
I once saw a video of a kid building a custom watercooling setup on youtube, he mounted the pump in the wrong way and instead of moving water he was spraying vapor inside the tubes for 5 minutes until the pc melted down, but can't find it anymore, do someone happes to have it saved?

thanks in advance
>>
>>56130072
Well with both of those you can change your resolution from 1920x1080 to 1080x1920.
>>
>>56130089
Ok. Thank you.
>>
Ordered something on ebay 6 days ago, still haven't heard a word from the seller and no shipping confirmation, sent them a message yesterday but no reply either. How long should I wait before I file a complaint? It's not like it's THAT urgent that I get the item right away, but I don't want to pass some cutoff time where it becomes much more difficult to get my money back or something.
>>
I have a security analyst interview in 20 minutes and i have no idea about anything security related besides like role based access control

is there any cheatsheet i can look over real quick or am i fucked?
>>
Im thinking of building a new pc and I'm not sure on what I should do with my old one, all the parts are pretty much obsolete(it was a fairly budget pc in 2012, 4gb ram, shit grafics card, 2010 or 11 i3) and ive been reading up on servers, can I just buy a few hdds and run a light linux and make a server or do I need a non shit processor.
Also, what exactly can I do with one besides storage and backups?
>>
>>56130120
Well its been 6 days, why not now?
>>
>>56130127
They'll hire someone with Comptia Security+ :^)
>>
File: osi2.jpg (521KB, 1671x2048px) Image search: [Google]
osi2.jpg
521KB, 1671x2048px
>>56130127
well, you should know something about OSI
and also maybe something how https works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQsKdtjwtYI
>>
>>56130142
Just not sure if I should be giving him more time. I also looked at his feedback page and saw two other guys complaining today about never receiving their orders though, so maybe I should just go ahead and do it. I guess I'll send him one more message just in case and do it tomorrow if he hasn't replied to anything.
>>
>>56130149
Please Do Not Touch Susan's Perfect Ass
>>
This is more of a question for /jp/ but anyway, is it worth getting VNs and weebshit from Steam? I hear they cut nsfw content.
>>
>>56130149

thank you, anything helps.
>>
>>56130159
6 days with no reply is a long time anon, you should be doing it today but up to you.
>>
>>56130168
Why not just get them from nyaa?
Check the VN general in /vg/.
>>
Can Windows 10 handle a motherboard swap without bricking?

Going from gigabyte z97mx gaming 5 to Asus z97-E
>>
>>56130218
Meanwhile is the same chipset you may have a chance.
You will have to reinstall motherboard drivers.
>>
>>56130218
same chipset
very likely it will be fine
>>
>>56130159
>buying from people with anything than excellent feedback
>>
>>56130218
Also why you are swapping a mid end motherboard with a low end one?
>>
>>56130238
He had good feedback before, though. These new shitty feedbacks came after I ordered. I guess he ratfucked a bunch of people at once.
>>
>>56130168
>is it worth getting VNs and weebshit
No.

But you can probably find some on Gazelle Games if you're willing to answer some essay questions.
>>
>>56130168
Not usually. Buying direct from the company that localized it is better anyway if you want to support them, and should include whatever content was cut for Steam.
>>
What are the best quality settings for watching anime with mpv? Is there a config file somewhere i can download?
>>
>>56130251
The Gigabyte board has a cold boot issue.

It will never boot at the first try if the PC has been unplugged from the wall.
>>
>>56130304
Get a ASUS Z97-A or a GA-Z97X-UD3H.
Otherwise if you cant afford them get a MSI Z97 PC Mate.
>>
>>56130346
>GA-Z97X-UD3H.

I'dont feel like giving Gigabyte more money, as the also included the horrible E2200 NIC.
>>
I'm using mechanichal drives for my NAS, should I format new harddrives before I employ them?
>>
how do i root my verizon gs5? it has a locked bootloader, towelroot doesn't work, and I've already upgraded to marshmallow
>>
im trying to make a set of points that you can move around by dragging them. currently using sdl and glew only. anyway so far everything works fine and i can move the points around as i want. the problem is however i have to move my mouse really slowly otherwise the dot cant catch up then you just have to move your mouse right back and basically its a pain in the ass. any idea what im doing wrong?

/*
* _hPointSize is half of the dot's size
* the i in the update args is telling it what vertex to update. i chose to update only one vertex to make the program run faster
*/
for (int i = 0; i < _controlPoints.vertexData.size(); i++) {

if (_M1Down && ((_Mx > _controlPoints.vertexData[i].position.x - _hPointSize && _Mx < _controlPoints.vertexData[i].position.x + _hPointSize) && (_My > _controlPoints.vertexData[i].position.y - _hPointSize && _My < _controlPoints.vertexData[i].position.y + _hPointSize))) {
_controlPoints.vertexData[i].setVelocity((_Mx - _controlPoints.vertexData[i].position.x) * 0.5, (_My - _controlPoints.vertexData[i].position.y) * 0.5);
}
else {
_controlPoints.vertexData[i].setVelocity(0, 0);
}

_controlPoints.update(i);
}
>>
>>56130537
Check XDA Forums.
>>
Is there a terminal image uploader I could use on Debian?
>>
>>56130195
>>56130265
>>56130292
Thanks guys, my shekels appreciate it.
>>
>>56127442
A highschool dropout comfirms.
>>
>>56130545
I did, from the directory is just a lone thread created by geohot, the towelroot dev, from 2 years ago, and closed 1 year ago. End of the thread, apparently he now actually works for google and patches the vulnerabilities he used to exploit and release. gg, ive been schlonged
>>
In Windows 7, is sorting files by date completely fucked or is it just me?
>>
Why won't my Kali Linux upgrade?

I think my repo is fucked or something.
>>
>>56130684
Just you.
>>
Is it safe to unplug an external hard drive? Or should I leave it connected?
>>
>>56130684
If you have a HDD, slow CPU and 10k+ Images its normal for it to take a lot.
>>
which of these builds should i do

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/FjhNPs

vs

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fyQ2VY

or give me a good build under 1500 for games
>>
>>56130800
Neither.

Go to logicalincrements and make yours.
>>
>>56130748
When it's unmounted and powered down, I see no reason why it would be unsafe to unplug an external hard drive.
>>
Guys stupid question here i have built my first pc 2 months ago or so, before i start with my problem here are the parts:

I7 6700k
Asus GTX 1070 OC (vga)
Asus Rog VIII HERO (mobo)
Noctua NH-D15 (cooler)
GSkill Sniper 3200MHZ 2*8GB (ram)
EVGA Supernova 850W (psu)
NZXT Noctis 450
And for thermal paste i used the Arctic Cooling Mx-4

Now having said all of that in the first 2 months my CPU Temperature averaged the 23 celsius and as of late ( lets say 2-3 weeks ago ) the average T is 33 celsius.

Now i am wondering what could be the reason for the rise of my cpu temperature in 10 points celsius since the conditions are pretty much the same.

Do you guys have some inputs?.

TLDR: My CPU temperature is 10 celsius higher, in average, than normal in my new PC and i do not know why.
>>
File: SAPPHIRE-RX-470-4G-D5.jpg (114KB, 785x737px) Image search: [Google]
SAPPHIRE-RX-470-4G-D5.jpg
114KB, 785x737px
Is it worth buying a stock gpu?
>>
>>56130914
OC?
Should have bought Artic silver 5.
>>
To add that i bought that beast of a air cooler ,because i did not want to deal with an hydro one, and i did not even overclock it yet everything is going as the manufacturer intended.

>>56131070
Yes Asus released 2 GTX1070 an Overclocked one (OC), which is a few bucks more expensive than the base one.

So are you saying that my thermal paste is shit?. But to increase, in 2 months of normal use, 10 celsius is a little too much even taking in account that i have gone way overboard with the cooler that i bought.
>>
>>56131185
Which paste method did you use?
>>
>>56131204
The dot in the middle.
>>
>>56131064
No, especially not Radeon, they sound like leaf blowers.
>>
Heya. Trying to get myself a firewall set up with iptables, but I've had no luck with this script so far. Whenever I use it I am not able to connect to websites or ping servers such as Google. Anybody able to help me out a bit with it? I am new to using the iptables systems.
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 27015:27030 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 4380 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3478 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 27036 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 27036:27037 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 4379 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 4380 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 27014:27050 -j ACCEPT

iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 27015 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 4380 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 27000:27031 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 3478 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 4379 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -j DROP

iptables -I INPUT 5 -m limit --limit 5/min -j LOG --log-prefix "iptables denied: " --log-level 7

I tried also to put the ports onto 1 line, but didn't go my way,. didn't mix the udp/tcp however
>>
>>56129466
265 has better compression.

>>56129771
google
1. no. there are programs to auto-update DNS to point domains to your current IP.
2. yes.
if the camera system comes with software that is probably the easiest if you dont know anyting about the subject already.

remote desktop is not good if you want to watch media, it doesnt update the screen fast enough.

>>56129940
there is not way you can even detect a difference.

>>56129941
your own

>>56130020
bleeding

>>56130028
if you save/delete a lot of files, yes.

>>56130120
not tech related

>>56130303
MPC-HC with MadVR, no need to config anything.

>>56130515
yes, just a quick format to get the filesystem you want.

>>56130684
it gets fucked sometimes for me when i have thousands of files and refuses to sort them correctly and then after 10 minutes it just randomly snaps everything like it should

>>56130800
the second one with unlocked CPU is better but you should still do your own fucking research on parts before you buy.
there is quite a bit that can be tweaked with both builds.

>>56130914
>he fell for the overclocked ram meme

>Now i am wondering what could be the reason for the rise of my cpu temperature in 10 points celsius
dust

>>56131070
AS5 is overrated there are much better ceramic alternatives

>>56131263
what size dot?
>>
Hello /g/ I'm a total noob when it comes to smartphones and I have a question. I want to root my Alcatel OneTouch 5020T and flash the Cyanogen rom. I found multiple tutorial online to root it, the first google result was this:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpwzeYFfEc) [Embed]

Then I heard of OneClickRoot.com but the reviews are not in their favor:
(https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/oneclickroot.com)

I just wanted to know what would be the greatest way to flash Cyanogen to my device.

Model Number : Alcatel One Touch 5020T
Firmware version: 4.1.1
Kernel Version 3.4.0
Build Number: Jelly Bean
>>
Could anyone recommend me a laptopt which wouldn't be too big too carry and powerful enough for some casual games. I have been looking at lenovo yoga pad 700 with gt940, but I dont rly need all that touchscreen hybrid thing.
>>
>>56131307
I've been really happy with my HP Pavillion 15. I'd recommend it, but do be careful of its heat output
>>
File: pepee.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
pepee.gif
1MB, 300x200px
>>56126197
>>56126104
How do you make a VPN work with the chans? I just got Mullvad and when I use it, I get a connection error when I try to post.
>>
>>56131301
XDA forums

>>56131307
if you can, wait for the new nvidia graphics for laptops

>>56131334
>HP
enjoy your housefire/brick

>>56131375
you dont, and why you reply to random posts you fag?
>>
What hardware causes suspend issues? Which computer parts?
>>
>>56131293
Its overrated, yes, but it works really good.
>>
>>56131437
Suspend or freezing?

If you really meant suspend, power related hardware and OS power settings.
>>
My iphone battery had made the left side of screen lift a bit I read up on it. I don't want to try to replace battery myself. What place would do it for cheap that isn't an apple store? does best buy or other places do it?
>>
File: asda.jpg (30KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
asda.jpg
30KB, 560x420px
>>56131293
I am this >>56130914, this >>56131185 and >>56131263.

Thanks for the advise anon.

As for the oc ram meme yes you are right but in my defense i would add that it was on sale, but still shitty move.

Do you really think that dust could be the problem it is true that i am not usually cleanin it but i am sure that it is not that dusty but also can a 2months dust rise the Temperature that much?.

About the size of pic related or just a little more.

What do you advice?.
>>
>>56131460
The PC doesn't turn on after suspending. How would I know which part is faulty?
>>
>>56131442
literally every fucking ceramic paste works 5+ degrees better and is cheaper

>>56131501
>Do you really think that dust could be the problem
just check the heatsink and intake fans for dust.
you sure your room temp is not higher than before?
check your bios cpu fan settings if it's set to silent, optimal or performance mode.
>>
>>56131501
Did you placed your HSF correctly?
>>
>>56129875
Ubuntu used to have Soundjuicer but that has been included in the default music player now (Rhythmbox). I find them both easy to use.
>>
>>56131064
I can't say with confidence. Although it's well-known that aftermarket cards are better. You can OC and cool it yourself if you just buy a GPU cooler.
That means more money however and a budget card becomes less of a deal.
>>
Can laptops with integrated graphics suffer from reballing issues like older laptops with dedicated and soldered gpus? Since the gpu is in the same die as the cpu, which is socket mounted I dont think it could happen but I want to be sure.
>>
>>56131557
I will check and come back, about the settings i am not sure.

>>56131595
I think so i mean it would be kind of hard to place the heatsink incorrectly or are there some common errors?.
>>
File: Doineedthese.png (40KB, 649x851px) Image search: [Google]
Doineedthese.png
40KB, 649x851px
Do i actually need any of these?
>>
>>56131777
Dont buy them right away. Wait a few weeks of class so you can see which are the essential ones
>>
>>56131488
>go to a tech store
>ask if they repair iShit
>if yes then pay them to do it
>if no then go to another store, repeat the process
First check the prices in each store, then go to the cheapest one.
Next time buy a better phone. You can actually replace the battery yourself easily, but if you're a clumsy idiot you risk breaking shit.
>>
>>56131699
maybe you need to tighten the screws a bit
>>
File: 1471302327917.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1471302327917.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>56126104
Do any AI techniques incorporate non-spiking neurons, anaxonic neurons and gradient-potentials as well as regular neurons and action-potentials into their model?
>>
>>56132073
Yes.
Lucifers.
>>
Why does PATA suck so bad?
>>
>>56131699
Well you could have placed it backwards and the air is not going towards the exaust fan.
>>
what's a good circuit simulator for gnu/linux?
>>
>>56131845
phone is fine and been used a ton. battery worse it just once bad heat happens it makes it larger.
>>
why has windows media player suddenly not showing any of my songs? I didnt move the files or anything just loaded it up and its empty
>>
File: sdfhhhh.jpg (53KB, 384x374px) Image search: [Google]
sdfhhhh.jpg
53KB, 384x374px
>>56132319
>windows media player
>>
>>56132300
If you can't fix it yourself it's not "fine".
>>
>>56126104
Why do people call images such as pngs and jpgs, that have been created as vector images, vector images ? Like youll see a byline under an artwork saying vector created by blah blah
Its no longer a vector, you cant scale indefinitely. Its a 72 ppi png. You dont see them calling photos bitmaps
>>
>>56126104
I need a new Android phone. I want it to:
be easily-ish rootable
Qi charging built in (or expandable, but not with a patch).
sub-$200

I found a lot of Xiaomi phones that would work, but I really want Qi charging.
>>
>>56132414
I just need to replace a 4 year old battery lol. it's still working fine. all is well. get it done next week.
>>
>>56132423
giving credit where it's due and it's been converted.

afaik no browser supports any vector image format.

>>56132434
>>>/g/spg/
>>
Is security plus really that hard?

Everyone says it's damn near impossible but as I read this text book and shit it seems easy and I know most of it.

Also any resources you guys would recommend?
>>
Can anyone here answer this?
>>56131804
>>56131804
>>
>>56132548
>>56126104
>Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE and WAIT for a reply. You are NOT entitled to an answer.
>>
>>56132511
already posted there, but thanks
>>
>>56132548
check video reviews on youtube and decide for yourself
>>
>>56132581
Suck me off.
>>56132598
I have, but that's not the same thing as owner input.

What the fuck is the point of these threads if no one wants to answer a question?
>>
>>56132621
Would you rather wait for someone who knows what they're talking about answer it, or me answer it when I don't know what I'm on about?
>>
>>56132621
it's almost exactly the same as owner input, they physically have the fucking case in their hands.

and the point is you are supposed to fucking google and the odds of someone having oddball cases that aren't popular is quite fucking slim.
>>
>getting laptop
>thinking of going HDD instead of SSD for cost
Will using removable media like USB 3.0 to boot [Linux and maybe Windows] and larger programs result in much faster startup times than a HDD?
>>
>>56132636
I would prefer you stop posting unless you have something useful to add.
>>56132654
No, it's not the same, fucknut. Some dickhole reviewer had the machine for a couple hours and ran some benchmarks. An actual OWNER would have had the machine for far longer time and would know if it was a piece of shit which broke all the time or not.

These threads are fucking useless, admit it.
>>
>>56132690
Its a laptop, get a 240GB SSD.
No.
>>
>>56132455
>I'm forced to pay 100 bucks for a battery replacement by Apple
>all is well because I can pay half as much to someone else instead
Why even use a phone with a non removable battery?
>>
File: 1452158450883.jpg (12KB, 261x190px) Image search: [Google]
1452158450883.jpg
12KB, 261x190px
>>56132715
fuck off to a hardware forum and ask instead you cunt
>>
>>56132690
Unless you go balls to the wall and get a 3.0 USB portable hard drive, the chip will be the bottleneck.
>>
>>56132843
I'm not going pay that lol. can just do myself with a 10 dollar kit. got phone for free

Not a mac fag but I do nejoy my iphone. solid. less lag than adroid.
>>
>>56132690
Get an SSD, even 64GB should be fine. Just make sure to move all your unused files to an external drive. Unless you're planning on using over 20GB on additional software, then get 128GB SSD instead.
And no, it'll probably be slower than an HDD.
>>
File: paul allen.jpg (38KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
paul allen.jpg
38KB, 600x399px
>>56132751
>>56132858
>>56132930
Alright, sounds good. Thanks.
>>
>>56132908
In that case you're doing well. It's still much better to use phones with removable batteries unless you're going to replace the phone in less than 2 years since it will save you the hassle of disassembling or paying someone to do it for you once the battery starts shitting itself. Just saying.
>>
>>56132073
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Brain_Project
>>
>>56132983
yeah that and the no SD card is annoying
>>
>>56132930
you can get 64gb ssds? seems like a dissapointment
>>
File: IMG_20160817_230007.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160817_230007.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Is there anything I can actually use this for nowadays? Just found it in my drawer, got it as a gift years ago.
>>
>>56133060
Workable for Linux, for Windows you should as the very least get 120
>>
>>56133080
Should play videos fine.
>>
>>56127551
boolean shouldSleep = false;
for (;;) {

if (shouldSleep) {
Thread.Sleep((randomObject.Next(5) + 1) * 600);
} else {
shouldSleep = true;
}

if (questionString.ToLower() == "quit" || questionString == "Quit") {
break;
}

if (questionString.Length < 5) {
shouldSleep = true;
continue;
}
}
>>
>>56133136
I vaguely remember it being a pain in the ass to get anything on it but that was my first thought. Just wanted to see if there was anything interesting I could do with it.
>>
>>56133164
whoops, i meant that the last "shouldSleep = true" should be "shouldSleep = false"
>>
What is the point of Lisp? What is it good at? What sort of job would Lisp be the best tool for?

I'm 150 pages into SICP and it just seems weird so far.
>>
>>56132847
Eat my ass, sperglord.
>>
Anything wrong with Windows 10?
How do I install Windows 7? I don't have a USB, but I have an SD card.
>>
>>56127551
>>56133164
Gah I'm drunk, I suppose I should test these things before I post them but w/e

boolean shouldSleep = true;
while (questionString.ToLower() != "quit" && questionString != "Quit") {

if (shouldSleep) {
Thread.Sleep((randomObject.Next(5) + 1) * 600);
} else {
shouldSleep = true;
}

if (questionString.Length < 5) {
shouldSleep = false;
}
}
>>
>>56133250
Also just saw questionString.ToLower() != "quit" && questionString != "Quit is redundant.

questionString.ToLower() != "quit" works because you already called ToLower()
>>
>>56133223
There are plenty of things wrong with Windows 10, just depends on how much you care.

If you can flash iso to the SD card it might work.
>>
What's the safest way to download torrents? I'm using uTorrent right now. Are there more secure clients I can use, or settings I can enable to make my downloading endeavours a little more safe?
>>
>>56133308
Do you know where I can get a safe iso for windows 7?
>>
>>56133384
up your ass
>>
>>56133357
Client doesn't matter, blocklist doesn't matter
Get a VPN if you're worried about DMCA notices.

>>56133384
http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
>>
>>56133087
Windows 7 runs fine with 64. It only takes around 30GB, plus another 2-3 for basic software.
>>
>>56132261
Like a program for Linux? Go on GitHub and look up Awesome-Linux-Software (I think). It is a huge list of categorized program for Linux.
>>
>>56133384
Nice try FBI.
>>
>>56133527
>Awesome-Linux-Software
doesn't have anything about circuit simulation
>>
>>56133211
You're the sperg if you think reviews and benchmarks are not good enough for you.
>>
>>56133587
I thought Windows 7 was open to the general public now. >>56133418
>>
>>56133384
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3745914E391062A36E58EB7973C7C7C3E20F6D8F
>>
looking to register a .space domain.

any tips on which registrar to go for?

It's for my own privately hosted site, which I may move to a VPS some time down the line, but not soon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (109KB, 1994x750px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
109KB, 1994x750px
i'm trying to watch initial d using ps3 media server, and i don't want it to be dubbed while showing subtitles. is it possible to change the audio track in an mkv with Mendcoder video?
>>
>>56133625
nope

>>56133636
not godaddy
>>
>>56133625
It is on some sites, but Microsoft is killing it off trying to force everyone to use Windows 10.
>>
File: 1445017237467.png (96KB, 960x668px) Image search: [Google]
1445017237467.png
96KB, 960x668px
/g/ approved USB?
Looking for best value for money.
>>
>>56133732
C
>>
>>56133732
V4M?

sandisk on sale

>best for money
sandisk or kanguru (guru has write protection via hardware on models, great for sketchy systems)
>>
>>56133692
why not godaddy?

I was considering namecheap.

Also, I've never bought a domain before, am I going to be assfucked in a year when it comes to renewal? I'm currently using a DDNS service from No-Ip, I'm guessing the domain registrar will be offering a dynamic dns service too for free?
>>
>>56133615
ok moron
>>
>>56133807
godaddy is a shitty company
>>
>>56133807
go dad is cancer and will snipe your domain and sell it back for 1000x more any chance they get

also did i mention they give you cancer?

namecheap ok but weak records options

buy from cheapest vendor, port to power dns(or whoever), and host your own

otherwise you're not getting any value and it doesnt matter
>>
File: 05510.jpg (75KB, 770x434px) Image search: [Google]
05510.jpg
75KB, 770x434px
I wanna do some review on subnetting and not wasting addresses. You guys have a page or guide for it.
>>
>>56133849
>snipe your domain
You mean, fuck you when you come to renewal?
Bastards.

Anyway, would you recommend I purchase the domain for 10 years? or just a few at a time, with autorenew on.
>>
>>56133883
there are plenty not written by the morons on here.
>>
>>56133883
I drill on this from time to time
http://www.kehlet.cx/subnetting-is-fun/

subnetting is easy once you get the hang of it

to count the number of hosts in a network just add up the last bits outside the mask (/29 has 7 addresses, rightmost bit 1, next bit 2, next bit 4, 4+2+1 = 7 = 7 addresses)

network will be a multiple, based on the number of hosts, starting at 0. Just find how many times to multiply 7 that covers the address and the first address in that range is your network

I'll look for a post that taught me and post it shortly
>>
>>56133883
http://subnettingmadeeasy.blogspot.ca/2007/11/subnetting-made-easy-lesson.html
>>
>>56133923
They've also been known to snipe domains that people check for availability on their site.
>>
>>56133966
im an idiot, network+host addresses so 8... yeah

all my networks are misconfigured

jk i use net calcs to double check but im still pretending to know what im talking about
>>
So I just got a free 128 gig SSD and I want to move windows to it. Deleting fucking everything and cloning the drive aint an option, because I really dont want to buy a 2TB backup. Is there a way to just move Windows, or should I be looking to simply install it again on the SSD?
>>
>>56134002
>tfw have a backup plan should my domain get sniped that involves progressively convoluted subdomain names coupled with the domain name

It's fine, I'll outsmart those fuckers, at least in the short run.
>>
File: 400.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
400.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>56133966
>>56134001
>>56134016
thanks man.
>>
>>56127975
BUMP
>>
>>56134030
You can plug in both and mirror your current HDD over to the SSD but it will overwrite anything that's on the SSD.
Reinstalling is easiest and fastest way.
>>
>>56133418
I'm worried about viruses and other harmful files
>>
>>56134149
Then don't download viruses
>>
How do I install a new OS on my laptop?
I'm currently downloading the ISO for Manjaro.
Do I just drop the file onto my usb? Or should I use a program to load it onto my usb.
When I boot the laptop that I will be installing the new OS on, should I wipe the harddrive before hand, or will it do it automatically for me?
>>
>>56134262
Need a place to write important advice such as this post down.

Can anyone give me a useful 'life notes' taking app for my symbian phone?
>>
File: Fiber_optic_tap.png (3MB, 1415x1398px) Image search: [Google]
Fiber_optic_tap.png
3MB, 1415x1398px
>>56134131
you got it bruh
>>
>>56134264
>Or should I use a program to load it onto my usb?
yes.
>should I wipe the harddrive before hand, or will it do it automatically for me?
You get the option to keep the previous one or delete it.
>>
>>56127975
you had static electricity and grounded yourself on it

>damage

not likely

solution, keep your humidity between 10-30%
>>
Does Chrome filter your suggested address bar entries based on stuff other than the frequency that you visit them?

I'm noticing things like piratebay not auto-completing anymore, and groupon always auto completing before groupme despite me visiting groupme everyday and groupon (intentionally) once a month.
>>
>>56134336
idk but prate fills for me

i have it in my bookmarks though
>>
>>56134387
I don't have it bookmarked but I can literally type out the entire link and it won't complete it.
>>
>>56134434
yeah lawshills broke down the investors and now they fold 100000 times a day

would have been better if the never went public but larry wanted his payout
>>
File: wut.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>buy new phone
>drop it once and chip some of the color off
>fml.exe
>buy otterbox defender case
>drop it like theres no tomorrow because i am a clumsy fuck
>no damage whatsoever
>go out for a beer
>phone is perfect
>leave it on the table
>pick it up after half an hour
>screen is cracked
>mfw

i thought gorilla glass 3 can even withstand falls. can it not withstand being on a table for 30 minutes?
>>
>>56134593
if someone slammed a beer on it, nothign is going to prevent it.
But dropping it is completly different
>>
>>56134652
it was me and 1 friend and i had the phone next to me at all times. it really baffles me. at least it's on the edge of the screen and not straight through the middle
>>
I'm having trouble booting from Manjaro on my USB on my thinkpad w520.
What should my boot priority order be?
This is what I have
1. USB HDD pny USB 2.0 FD
2. USB FDD
3. USB CD
ATA HDD2
ATA HDD2
ATAPI DO HL-DT
ATA HDD
PCI LAN
ATA[PI CD1 ATAPI CD3
ATA HDD3
ATA HDD4
>>
>>56134593
that's why you have it in your fucking pocket you dumb fuck, and so no one steals it
>>
>>56134814
nvm i got it
>>
>>56134814
you're supposed to press the right button to get boot selection menu.

reset your boot order and RTFM
>>
File: defender-mot-droid-turbo-4.jpg (150KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
defender-mot-droid-turbo-4.jpg
150KB, 500x500px
>>56134823
have you seen an otterbox defender? it makes the phone enormous and really uncomfortable to have in pocket , especially when sitting with jeans.
>>
>>56134884
the crying is increasing

stop being irresponsible

it costs money

look after it

if you dont care

don't complain
>>
>>56134891
i don't need you to tell me to take care of my things. i'm too poor to afford breaking my shit. i complain because I am taking care of it and it broke for unknown reasons.
>>
>>56133732
Anything from Sandisk or ADATA.
Avoid PNY.
>>
File: youdensemotherfucker.jpg (6KB, 166x121px) Image search: [Google]
youdensemotherfucker.jpg
6KB, 166x121px
>>56134960
>. i'm too poor to afford breaking my shit.
THEN DONT FUCKING LEAVE IT OUT ON A FUCKING TABLE OR SOMETHING
>>
>>56134960
>left it on bar table

reevaluate you life
>>
>>56134593
No fall protector is going to protect it from a drunk guy.
>>
>>56134960
WHY THE FUCK DID MY KEVLAR VEST NOT PROTECT ME FROM AN RPG
I'M TOO FUCKING POOR TO HAVE RPGS BLOWING UP IN MY FACE ALL DAY
>>
>>56135047
did i ever say it was a bar? it was a table for 2.

>>56135049
no drunk guys. just me and my friend and the phone was next to my arms.

the table was barely 2 feet long.

>>56135033
>don't live your life , you might break your leg and require hospitalization.

nice logic

>>56135080
fair enough

whatever. I'm done.
>>
>>56135095
>>don't live your life
agreed.
kys
>>
>>56135095
>>go out for a beer
ok mr. broke fancy pants, you're clearly just autistic

protip: all the bad things that happen to you happen because you refuse to understand
>>
>>56135095
what the fuck does living life have to do with looking after your fucking possessions you retarded fuck?

if you're not at home, you dont leave your fucking shit out so others can touch it
>>
>>56133636
gandi or namecheap
>>
There is a default rule per table.
>>
>>56126776
Could be counterfeit?
>>
>>56129086
What OS, what card? I need more information.
>>
>>56129941
If privacy matters, protonmail. If privacy does not, gmail.
>>
>>56128066
Doesn't work on the Dell in EFI mode (unless I am doing a straight install, as live mode doesn't show), so I have to change the manufacturing setting to switch between the USB and the normal setup as Windows 10 is set as EFI o it.

That is a workaround, but would rather not reboot 2 or 3 times to get to the main menu, I think that is too annoying.
>>
Gonna buy a Philiphs X2´s and need a dac/amp for around 150 usd
Also I have a pair of JBL 305 and need a separate dac same budget 150 usd

My onboard audio is shitty
>>
I have some JVC HAS180-B-K from wallmart. How do I use the microphone?
>>
What can I do with a smart watch that I can't do with my smartphone always at arm's reach?
All I can think of is controlling music without having a cable running across the room.
Is there a nice one under $50 that I can get to stop thinking about it?
>>
>>56136494
They can do caller and email ID without reaching into you pocket for your phone to check.
Nice, but I still think smart watches are an abomination.

If you want simple wireless music changing abilities then look into cheap remote that may work depending on your setup.

I know I can change my radio with a ~$15 remote which worked well enough. In the end I did drop for the ~$300 remote (Harmony Elite) to control everything in the house with one button after some programing, should have done it years ago.

But really ask yourself why you what it, cause some times I can step back and say "Wow, why did I want to waste my money on that?".
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.