[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know i might be a day late to the latest Mr.Robot episode,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: mr.robot_kali_linux.jpg (74KB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
mr.robot_kali_linux.jpg
74KB, 740x416px
I know i might be a day late to the latest Mr.Robot episode, but was I the only who laughed hysterically when they made Angela boot up a Kali Linux live cd with a huge ass 1337 hax0r wallpaper, in the middle of her office?
I mean, it's not like Ubuntu or Tails or any literally any other Linux distro can't fucking SSH. I do like the show and especially how the hacking isn't just Watchdogs LOLO0LOL HACKING IN PROGRESS.
The Kali image just made me burst out laughing.
What other 'hacking' moments in the show have made you roll your eyes ?
>>
Obligatory mention of "Hackers"

>HACK THE PLANET
>>
>>56055344
>>>/tv/
>>
File: PEEEEEc.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
PEEEEEc.png
572KB, 600x580px
OH SHIT NIGGA IT'S A DOUBLE POINT ATTACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ
>>
have you actually use kali before?

that's what it actually looks like
>>
File: 1470946904767.png (119KB, 250x280px) Image search: [Google]
1470946904767.png
119KB, 250x280px
>>56055344
ITTT newfag who has never used kali
neck yourself bud
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Hn1rPQouU
WEE WOO
>>
>>56055378
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/image/pChtk2-o77CVlluGMZyq3Q
>>
>>56055371
Yes i know, but if you only need to SSH and do ifconfig commands, why the fuck would you boot Kali Linux in your huge office room, right after acting super shady and plugging stuff into the FBI's networkswitch.
>>
>>56055412
kek
>>
>>56055344
>I the only who laughed hysterically when they made Angela boot up a Kali Linux live cd with a huge ass 1337 hax0r wallpaper, in the middle of her office?
That was a Live ISO
>I mean, it's not like Ubuntu or Tails or any literally any other Linux distro can't fucking SSH
SSH isn't the only one that you need for pentesting
>I do like the show and especially how the hacking isn't just Watchdogs LOLO0LOL HACKING IN PROGRESS.
What?

Fuck off
>>
>>56055344
I was more weirded out that she was instructed to go into the 64 version and obviously went into the 32.
>>
>>56055412
autism
>>
>>56055472
>SSH isn't the only one that you need for pentesting

all she did was ssh though.
im sure they could've come up with a small installation of debian or ubuntu or something that had preinstalled scripts to do exactly what they wanted
>>
>>56055495
exactly my point
>>
>>56055344
OP what are you trying to prove here?

1. Kali is designed for this and the Live ISO has relevant tools
2. It's a well known distro for pentesting
3. It's a fucking tv show and I don't even think you have any experience using these tools either
4. The point of your thread is "lololol he used kali lol I know how to ssh in another distro"
>>
>>56055495
might as well just have her download PuTTY then

if you only had one option and you're going to hack something, what do you think most people would use? Do you want to leave all your tools behind?
>>
>>56055344
LOL IM SUCH A NERD
SHELDON: XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>56055477
No she didn't, pay attention, dumb ass.
>>
>>56055495
So you are saying your autism kicked and laughed hysterically because the tv show didn't use another distro?
>>
>>56055521
They used PuTTY in another scene where they only needed SSH
>>
>>56055344
>lol such plebz LOOK AT ME I'M SO 1337 I KNOW WHAT SSH IS

Consider suicide, lonely virgin
>>
>>56055566
yeah, in a scene where eliot SSH'd into his kali linux server and it proudly displayed the kali art in ascii

they have a hard on for kali that's for sure
>>
>>56055422
It's Kali's logo you sperg, nothing inherently hackerish/techy about it. Only thing worse than what you described is people who have no idea what they're talking about trying to critique what you described.
>>
>>56055579
And?
>>
>>56055344
>a Kali Linux live cd with a huge ass 1337 hax0r wallpaper
That's the default retard, go back to ricing your Live ISO weeb faggot
>>
>>56055422
because I am a super 3L33T hackr and I use kali for other stuff and happened to have my kali flash drive on my instead of my ubuntu drive.

If discretion is an absolute priority, set a blue background on your flash drive or just load it with a default windows background.

>>56055495
>im sure they could've come up with a small installation of debian or ubuntu or something that had preinstalled scripts to do exactly what they wanted
sounds like kali to me

>>56055521
one of the nice features of a live usb is that generally they don't leave anything behind on the host machine after shutting it down. Kali, by default (or maybe BT3? I dunno it's been a while) boots in audit mode so that internal drives aren't even automounted.
>>
>>56055579
What's the problem here?
>>
>>56055646
>set a blue background on your flash drive or just load it with a default windows background.
But they use linux, why would they load a windows background? That would be even more suspicous
>>
Is it worth watching?
>>
>>56055663
if you are in public trying to hide, literally anything is better than a kali wallpaper
>>
>>56055663
oh I've never seen the show

a default gnome/kde background then?
>>
>>56055682
Normies do not care about your epic wallpaper
>>
>>56055344
If I didn't know any better, are you actually trying to impress /g/ with this, OP?
Hahahaha
>>
I'm with OP. Loading up that big ass kali background on a corporate computer with people walking directly behind you would draw some wicked side eyes. Literally pretty much any other OS would have looked innocent lol.
>>
>>56055766
It was a live ISO. Also see >>56055713
>>
>>56055713
I'm pretty sure even the normiest recognize the kali logo.
>>
>>56055778
I'm not arguing with that. I just found it amusing. What would you do if you walked by someone in a corporate office with a big ass kali logo on their screen? Tap the screen and say mischief managed?
>>
>>56055787
False
>>56055813
Booting up the ISO was never in the plan, pay attention autist
>>
>>56055813
They are a security firm, right?
Nobody has ever booted up a pen testing distro?
>>
>>56055835
E-Corp is not a security firm. She also works in the PR department
>>
>>56055853
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>56055835
Im pretty sure the company is a bank.
>>
>>56055422
Because you might want the flexibility of having multiple terminal windows with multiple terminal tabs? Because the user might not be totally 100% comfortable using this software and you want to make it as easy as possible for them to get the job done?
>>
>>56055787
Come on dude
>>
>>56055394

God darm cyber nukes. I hate it when you hack someone and they just undo all your hard work by launching one.
>>
H A C K T H E P L A N E T
A
C
K

T
H
E

P
L
A
N
E
T
>>
>>56055344
that wallpaper comes with kali nigger

fucking kys cuck
>>
>>56055553
I think this IS what he's saying.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.