[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 31

File: file.png (21KB, 298x91px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
21KB, 298x91px
Couldn't see it, so posting here.

Can't seem to get my bluetooth working on my MacBook Retina. Reset my SMC already.

Thanks!
>>
File: file.png (14KB, 320x119px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
14KB, 320x119px
Some extra info.
>>
File: file.png (49KB, 650x418px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
49KB, 650x418px
>>
Are x86 processors the biggest botnet of them all? I read into it and at the very basic level they seem to all be the main point that your entire system can be compromised by Intel/AMD and their fed handlers from.

I think at this point it's probably better to use ARM devices. You can think you're safe with linux and a bunch of encryption but all that is moot when your CPU is compromised.
>>
>>55788591
>Mac
Found your problem.
>>
File: file.png (35KB, 409x142px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
35KB, 409x142px
>>55788891
Don't I know it.
>>
Gonna buy a 55" 4K TV for 500 usd, there´s another LG tv that has both HDR Pro and Dolb but at 1K, my question is ¿Worth the increment of the price tag? Really I´m just gonna use it for console gaymen and anime
>>
File: smugbarian.gif (190KB, 97x203px) Image search: [Google]
smugbarian.gif
190KB, 97x203px
>>55788591
Mastercase 5 or Phantex Enthoo Evolv?
>>
What's the difference between buying a NAS and just buying an external USB HDD and connecting it straight to my router?
>>
Best android emulator?
>>
Looks like you don't have bluetooth or bluetooth support/drivers
>>
File: label.jpg (33KB, 387x282px) Image search: [Google]
label.jpg
33KB, 387x282px
2 questions:

1.) How do I make use of these labels? I can't find anything in the settings for appchanx

2.) Does the Education version of Win10 last forever or have any sever drawbacks in comparison to other versions? I can't believe I can get what's basically "Enterprise 2" for free so easily through my uni.
>>
>>55788796
All CPUs are compromised, you can never be safe, just use what suits your needs best. That means ARM, i386, amd64, Itanium, etc
>>
>>55789057
You can't use a HDD connected, you need a NAS. The USB is for firmware updates
>>
>>55789073
Bluestacks is what I use, or you can make a VM. Generally easier to have a real device which is why I hardly use Bluestacks except when I need it
>>
This thread gives me a bit of hope that /g/ is not completely dead
>>
>>55789221
DD-WRT will let you use the port for Samba shares.
>>
>>55789221
My router has two USB slots that can be used to connect USB storage as network drives.
>>
File: 1434554118664.jpg (171KB, 1220x608px) Image search: [Google]
1434554118664.jpg
171KB, 1220x608px
>>55788796
>linux is moot
>>
>>55789969
Brings me back
>>
>>55789057
>>55789221
Mostly software I gather, I don't have a router that supports hdd mass storage but I know they exist.

If you've got a PC that stays on most of the time I think NAS are worthless though since you can just network share from the PC.
>>
What helmet should I get so I can use my old fruit boots?
>>
What do you all think would be better openbox route. antergos openbox or Xubuntu with xfce packages and just install openbox?
>>
>>55789080
That's what I thought but I just checked and I'm up to date.

I had bluetooth like half a year ago.
>>
>>55790289
try a dirver updater program. i dunno. i've never used a mac before
>>
>>55790276
Shouldnt really matter, choose based on wether you like ubuntu/debian based or arch based.

Personally I'd use antergos cause I prefer arch. But really if you just want to fuck around on openbox it doesnt matter which distro you pick, they will all have it.
>>
Why would anyone choose dynamically linked libraries over static ones?
>>
How does MPD works for streaming music to Android? I see some people are using as an alternative to music streaming services (for own media)
>>
Does anyone have sources for Win10 data mining? I hear about it a lot but haven't seen any reliable sources but I'm sure they're out there.
>>
My PC has been acting up for a while now.

Whenever I make a full shutdown, next time I turn it back on it won't recognize the internet connection. It only happens when done from a full shutdown though, and it detects it fine after a reboot.
Also, there's the power button. If I hold it for a little, it boots up. If I hold it for longer, it does a loud beep, takes a while longer to boot but it detects the connection inmediately.

This didn't happen until a couple months ago. What the hell is happening?
I'd post speccy but I'm currently on mobile.
>>
Will I regret getting the surface pro 4 over the macbook pro 13 inch for university? It's the same price and I always wanted an macbook but now that I was at the store and watched some videos the sp4 looks so much more practical in class
>>
>>55792942
Probably not. Unless there are some Mac exclusive program that your class requires, Surface Pro 4 would be more usable.

>>55791431
Win10 naturally collects data with its built in telemetry system. There is no need for "sources" when the settings themselves tell you they collect data from you.

The measures people take on windows10 simply removes microsoft's ability to retrieve the data and disables the services themselves locally. Those have no bearing on the functionality of the Windows10, if you're worried about that.

>>55790619
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1993390/static-linking-vs-dynamic-linking

tl;dr licensing issues and library upgrades
>>
Is there a reasonably good program that does optical character recognition? pdf to word in other words.
Can you help me?
>>
>>55789122 thread is still fine, why make a newe one?
>>
File: windows 10 privacy statement.jpg (141KB, 920x784px) Image search: [Google]
windows 10 privacy statement.jpg
141KB, 920x784px
>>55791431
how about you read the privacy statement on microsofts website
>>
>>55795669
op is a retarded macfag new guy unable to use the search
>>
whats a good alternative to raspberry pi 3
>>
File: boxxytard.jpg (102KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
boxxytard.jpg
102KB, 540x720px
>>55788591
>>55788708
>>55788725
>>55788901
http://www.igeeksblog.com/fix-bluetooth-not-available-error-mac/
>>
Got a problem with tinder clients on windows phone.
I installed timber yesterday, it didn't show any profile so I try another one: 6tin, this worked fine. I wanted to delete the Timber app, but I found "delete account" option and i pressed that. I thought i made a 2 account, so i need to delete one. I was wrong, because that was only one.
So today I've try to create new one, but when i get to verifying SMS the app display, error sending token. I try to add one digit in the and of my number - i saw that advice in internet - app shows error maximum tokens.

What to do now? I got to wait some time, or my phone number is now used and i need another one? Any suggestions?

Sorry for English, I'm not native speaker.
>>
If you get a shit ton of blue screens, and you have no idea if it's your ram, mobo, psu etc even after testing everything, what do you do?
>>
>>55798206
Test each part one at a time and look up the specific errors you get in the blue screens.
>>
>>55798474
Are all of the programs in ultimate boot cd reliable for this?

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

UBCD is what I have been using this whole time. Perhaps I need to test the components for longer periods of time?
>>
My mother is leaving at&t for metro pcs and she requested an unlock code from at&t; my question is should she remove the Sim while the unlocking process is going on or does it not matter?
I've heard they might deny the request if the phone is active
She's had the phone for about 3-4 years if that matters.
>>
>>55788591
I want to go full tinfoil hat and set up a linux OS besides my windows 10. I think in the future everyone will be able to track other people down, to get information about where they are, what their calendar looks like and how to manipulate them etc, for the right amount of money.

So I figured I want to be a normie in win10, because wrong information is worse than no information. But on my other OS I want to be as secure as possible, with proxies, VPNs and all that jazz. Where do I start?
>>
I bought a DVI-D 10m Dual Link cable.

I'm having problems with setting up resolutions, it's showing artifacts and it's not even showing up the native resolution. The thing only shows the bios correctly. I'm currently using Windows 10 but I also experienced problems with a live distro.

Anyone has any idea? I know the cable is mighty long but this shit ain't coming from some chinese store.
>>
>>55788591
Put /sqt/ in the subject you fucking retard
>>
GTX 980 Ti or GTX 1070?

I'm upgrading from an old GTX 670 and I want something that will last me a couple years before I need to upgrade again.
>>
How do I do a fresh install of windows 7 if I'm downgrading from 10?
>>
Do I connect my DAP with Amp with 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable?
>>
>>55789163
>2.) Does the Education version of Win10 last forever or have any sever drawbacks in comparison to other versions? I can't believe I can get what's basically "Enterprise 2" for free so easily through my uni.
The license is unlimited but it has a big ugly fucking watermark on the desktop that you can't get rid off, but I already wasted my license from DreamSpark on it before realizing (thinking the same as you).

Just get the pro version you'll be better off
>>
How do I make my SSD my boot drive lads?
>>
>>55799150
Look, you will NEVER have a 100% secure computer, take that for the first thing you will want to learn.
Next step is, somehow, get a computer with Open Hardware, like Librem laptops which are 100% open. Do a research to see what are your options.

Select a correct OS. Linux is fine, but BSD might be better for the sake of security.

Get a nice firewall. Drop a PC with pfSense and learn how to configure it, it will make your network the most secure place in your house.

Always use a VPN, make sure they renew your IP everytime you connect to their servers and look for NO LOGS vpn services, you don't want to be tracked in any way possible.
>>
>>55801030
If that's the only thing wrong, then that's fine. I've looked up the watermark issue and there appear to be solutions for it. I think I'll try my luck.

Thanks for the answer.
>>
>>55801216
To mention, I already have my shit cloned to the SSD. I just need to set it as the boot drive so I can utilize it properly.
>>
What's the best aftermarket 1070?
>>
>>55799418
gtx 1070
it has better async compute support, and if devs actually start making games that use async you will actually benefit from it.
>>
Which programming language should I learn first (just for hobbie)? Is it easier to learn other languages after learning another one?
>>
>>55801625
>is it easier to learn...
One thousand times, yes.

Ruby is a nice language to start with if you're just learning for the hell of it. JavaScript is very useful for amateurs because it helps bring interactivity to HTML/CSS stuff that you may already know. Java is also a great place to start, it's what I learned first.

Codecademy has pretty good interactive tutorials. It's a little questionable how much you learn, since it's more fill-in-the-blank than code from scratch, but going through the Codecademy course for a language then trying to build a project of your own would probably be a nice way to learn.
>>
Are there any gaming PC companies that are a reasonably good deal? I'm making good money and don't really mind paying a little extra for the convenience of not having to assemble it myself.
>>
Is GeekBuying a good place to buy Chink shit? I was thinking about buying a phone from there but I'd rather not get scammed. Also, if it's legit, how long does shipping to the U.S usually take?
>>
Why is it that when i use samdump after bkhive, i get
Error reading from /root/Desktop/system

Im trying to recover a windows admin password.
>>
Take it to /sqt/ rather than necroing m9. >>55803732
>>
File: 1410097954457.jpg (74KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
1410097954457.jpg
74KB, 1000x670px
How do I make a scrollbox larger on an existing webpage? I need to take a screenshot of a large scrollbox. Alternatively I could make the website itself think I have a long vertical resolution so that the scroll box just becomes larger to fit the screensize.

Any tips on how to do this?
>>
Should I just buy some prebuilt Synology NAS or should I try building one myself? I've built PCs since I was a kid but never really got into anything with ports needing to be configured and stuff.
>>
lightning struck my house few weeks back

anyway, tested the components and im down to its either motherboard or the processor thats fried, everything else works, even the power supply

now heres the stupid part

how do i test whats fried out of the 2

in the shithole i live stores dont even look at anything without a guarantee, and i dont have any friends with 1155 socket motherboard to test the processor (i5)
>>
I want a laptop to fuck around with Linux, shitpost, watch movies and maybe play someretro emulators. I also want it to be cheap as hell, like +-100 euro or so. I thought about getting a secondhand older thinkpad, but I just can't find deals like in Burgenland over here.

Any other devices that could fit the bill? Maybe a secondhand Chromebook or something?
>>
>>55804319
Define what you mean be making a scrollbox larger. Start with what the hell is a scrollbox.

I can probably tell you what you need to do (been building sites for 15 years), but I can't understand what you want.
>>
File: image.png (10KB, 280x308px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10KB, 280x308px
>>55805077
Pic related is what I mean by a scrollbox. I want to take a screenshot of the entire scrollbox rather than having to scroll a bit and take a screenshot and then have to put together the entire scrollbox into one image with paint.net.
>>
About to buy first build come mid august, getting a 1070.

Just learned about acreen tearing and what gsync is. Should I do 60hz with gsync or 144hz without? Not looking to break the bank on a monitor so 144hz with gsync is a bit too much this time around. Basically will a 1070 be able to handle 144hz fine? Won't be playing too many modern games.
>>
>>55805337
Just change the css attribute height then.
>>
What year model is it bro. Does the camera work too ?
>>
Need help diagnosing a potential problem with my brother's PC. He said that he turned it off through Windows, flipped the PSU power switch on the back, then waited a few minutes. He went to turn it back on, but it didn't.

I opened it up, and it seems like power is getting to the motherboard because some LEDs are lighting up so I think that's okay. I replaced the PSU just a few months ago, and it's 80 Plus Platinum. Could it really have gone bad? The last issue I can think of is the CPU, but I have no real way of checking that.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>55789036
I think suicide is better fit for you than those two
>>
Thinking of getting Nord VPN as I need a russian proxy.

Besides torrents what else can I do with a vpn?
>>
My explorer frame is fucked up on Windows 10. Windows takes forever to read any of my disk drives and it and locks up when I view 'my computer'. I did a system refresh, but it didn't help.
>>
>>55805789
Try pulling the battery out to reset the bios
>>
How big of a performance hit will I see if I run my 3D Applications through a VM on AMD hardware?
>>
File: connectionerror.png (13KB, 311x292px) Image search: [Google]
connectionerror.png
13KB, 311x292px
>>55788591
Is anyone else having trouble posting from the in-line extension? I can only seem to post by using the form at the top of the page. I get a connection error otherwise.
>>
I'm looking for a 5.25" fan controller with a temperature display and which isn't hideous blue LED-covered ricer garbage. I have a green Corsair C70, and know I'm not going to be able to match the color, but I'd like to at least have something that sticks with the utilitarian/military aesthetic and doesn't look like part of a Gundam.

Any suggestions, or is this a lost cause?

(I know there are decent-looking ones without displays, but temperature monitoring is actually the main reason I want one of these things. I'm running a moderately aggressive OC and want to be able to keep an eye on my temps while fullscreen gaming.)
>>
Do I need a mobo capable of OC if I buy an aib rx480?
>>
is it a really bad idea to enable Authentication Logs in protonmail?
>>
File: 1460364838391.jpg (77KB, 824x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1460364838391.jpg
77KB, 824x1018px
Shadowplay's recorded videos come out sounding way more quiet than in-game. I've tried playback on both mpc and windows media player. Any ideas? Loudness equalization makes no difference.
>>
File: 0007508948_10.jpg (92KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
0007508948_10.jpg
92KB, 1200x850px
I have never purchased one before nor do I know what I'm getting into or anything about them, although I plan to do some research

I want to buy a record player, something modern and start collecting vinyls so I have something cool to play in my room/house, any suggestions?

pic related is the album that made me want to buy one
>>
>>55810023
Might be better off asking mu
>>
>>55810043
alright thanks
>>
>>55810023
Lp120
>>
>>55788591
Well, start looking for drivers, if that doesn't work, then back up your data and reinstall the OS, just look up a video on YouTube.
>>
>>55810051
thanks anon ill look into it
>>
>>55810065
Also make sure you get a decent cartrage so you don't fuck your vinyls
>>
File: dwight2.jpg (89KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
dwight2.jpg
89KB, 1000x500px
Real thread's over here >>55808025
>>
>>55810080
like what? I'm really a noob here, also do you have any speaker suggestions
>>
>>55788591
For the tinfoils; is there any way to thwart the google botnet withoout going full-Tor (and even if)? For example, a lot of people say that ReCaptcha helps de-anonymise 4chan posters.

Asking out of curiosity, more than necessity. I'm sure there's at least one script out there to scramble cookies or something
>>
>>55802180
Try http://www.chillblast.com/
>>
>>55810104
Read this
>https://www.turntablelab.com/pages/beginners-guide-to-turntables
Ask /mu/
>>
>>55806910
Shitposting on /int/ and watching regionally blocked videos on YouTube.
>>
File: 1468792750376.png (606KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1468792750376.png
606KB, 707x1000px
>>55810155
thanks guys, have a butt anon
>>
File: c6ffce7214c0df2d8c6533f0357ef370.png (988KB, 1000x706px) Image search: [Google]
c6ffce7214c0df2d8c6533f0357ef370.png
988KB, 1000x706px
>>55788591
>”Play Like Mikhail Botvinnik” training course
a chess program (PeshkaSetup.exe) is giving me problems after installing.
help
>>
>>55811395
>>>/g/sqt
>>
>>55811408
yes this is /sqt/
>>
>>55811429
No, this >>55808025 is
>>
>>55811439
This one was here first.

(but this one is dead)
>>
>>55811458
It's not a real /sqt/ though. Real ones have Dwight and are marked with /sqt/ (that's the reason this one's basically dead)
>>
>>55811469
Yeah, I know. Fuck, why am I even defending it? This is a shit general OP.

See you in the other thread.
>>
Anyway to remove minor scratches on phone screen?
>>
>>55812429
No
>>
>>55812436
OK thanks, I'll buy a screen protector next time
>>
>>55788591

I've never flashed a BIOS before but I want to try to install a different BIOS onto an old laptop. I plan to take apart my Thinkpad T400 and directly attack a connector clip to the flash chip.

Are there any safety considerations or special things I should be aware of when doing this?
>>
What's a good GET script?
>>
Why do some sites require a slash at the end of their url (forgot how it's called) and others do not?
>>
I need cheap GPU to replace my shitty 8500GT. I currently have phenom X2 II and 4gb of ram.

I play mostly obscure old games, like stalker, space engine or indie games

750ti or 950 ?

Or should I invest more into 960 ?

Also is ASUS good brand? I see they're the cheapest
>>
I'm an 18 y/o kid with a not very portable, dated, mostly working toshiba satellite laptop who has to take a gap year before going to college due to chemo. I'm thinking about buying a used thinkpad x220 (i5,4gb ram,320gb HDD) for approximately $169.99 (plus $16 or so in shipping) because I want to throw linux on it, use it to learn python (even though I don't have extensive knowledge on linux and I know jack about programming) and I want a real portable laptop even though I plan on buying a newer, nicer one for college once it becomes necessary for my major (MechE).

Would getting the x220 be wise or am I a dumbass?
>>
>>55814778
I fucking love the 750ti, but you might want a 950. A 960 isn't really something you should go with if you don't play anything that's graphically intensive.

The best brand really varies by card. For instance an EVGA 960 could be better than the ASUS 960 or vice versa. If you're sticking with brands like EVGA, ASUS, or Gigabyte, you should be fine though. I'd still look it up if I were you.
>>
>>55814861
I think I will go with MSI.
I had gigabyte 460 before and it suddenly died after 5 years. People on /v/ said that Asus has terrible cards.
>>
>>55814886
It's been a bit since I've done anything hardware, but MSI was pretty good back then too. I should've mentioned it before.

Also, take what /v/ says with a grain of salt. It's always best to do your own research before purchasing something expensive.
>>
>>55814912
Well I'll be working for it next two weeks so I have time to decide.
>>
Any suggestions for a HDMI switch with 1 input and 2 outputs?
>>
Would you buy this laptop for casual use such as watching films, browsing the web, etc?

>1920x1080 resolution
>IPS panel
>14'
>Pentium N3700 (Passively cooled - no fan)
>2GB RAM (Will upgrade to 8GB)
>500GB HDD (Will upgrade to an SSD)
>280€

It's a cheap ass Medion from Aldi
>>
>>55815395
I should also mention that it has no ethernet port and supposedly a shit wifi card (non-replaceable).
>>
>>55815395
it will not be able to playback 1080p with madvr.
probably will not with smooth motion and other shits.

please make sure the ram is not soldered on.
>>
File: 1.png (13KB, 567x281px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
13KB, 567x281px
>>55814819
T-thanks for the help guys
>>
>>55815482
It's not, there is only one RAM slot though
>>
>>55809764
>>
I'm trying to instal W10 so I can get the license before the free period runs out. The installer seems stuck on 99%, but I'm not getting an error or anything. It's probably been on 99% for like an hour now. Is it still doing stuff and do I just need to be patient, or am I snoggered and need to fix it somehow?
>>
more on the subject of w10: i have a dual boot running, will upgrading from w7 to w10 fuck it up?
>>
>>55816968
You should be fine if you're doing dual boot and you upgrade one of them. If you're saying that you're doing one partition Win7 and another Win10 and you're gonna upgrade the 7 then you might have problems...
>>
>>55817044
nope my bad, i meant arch + win7
i read people losing their grubs and some people lost their entire ext4 partitions. i can fix grub and i already backed my shit up but still...
>>
File: 239485.jpg (36KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
239485.jpg
36KB, 500x417px
Where can I order a stock Intel LGA1156/1155/1150/1151 cooler in Europe online?

I can't find anything on my local country's auction and listing sites.
>>
>>55817077
Sometimes shit happens, but if you do it right you should be fine
>>
File: Sem título.png (7KB, 158x272px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
7KB, 158x272px
Hi, my PC just came back from support and the backup is in another thing (labeled as old)

How do I get my shit back as the default? Can I, like, merge these disks or something?
>>
>>55817401
>español
>>
>>55817445
it´s monkeyspeak
>>
File: 1447050360221.jpg (45KB, 1006x160px) Image search: [Google]
1447050360221.jpg
45KB, 1006x160px
Hey /g/entoomans,
I'm looking to free up some space, and while looking at my partition table on my UEFI disk i noticed some extra partitions.
Adding another disk is not an option, since my craptop doesn't have another drive bay for a second disk which, if said bay existed, would have been the solution.
Let's get to the question, which partitions are safe to delete?
>>
>>55788591
Apple may have paywall blocked it. They did the same shit with the original imac. It had a cd burner in it but you couldn't only use it to read cds unless you bought their speshul burning software to enable it.
On the original iphone and also on the ipod touch up to the ipod touch 5 they had bluetooth hardware in the devices but it was locked out from being useable. The i touch 5 was the first one that shipped with bluetooth enabled.
So i would not be surprised if a recent update to your os locked the bluetooth behind a pay wall.
>>
the 16GB one contains a ghosted(?) image of the malware ridden preinstalled windows, you can get rid of that one.
if you want to reinstall either use the windows internal reinstall function or plop the installer onto a usb stick and boot from it.

not sure what the 4GB one does, I'd say keep all but the 16GB one.
>>
>>55817475
>>55817740
forgot to quote
>>
File: 1383129569444.gif (675KB, 625x253px) Image search: [Google]
1383129569444.gif
675KB, 625x253px
How do I install the damn Task Manager on Windows 10?
I had TuneUp Utilities on Windows 7 and I never bothered to really uninstall it. Now I upgraded to 10 and TuneUp disappeared. It isn't in my programs or anywhere and the folder only has useless files and an uninstall log. The problem is that I had it set to replace my task manager with it's own. Now that's TuneUp is gone, but not really uninstalled I can't open the task manager. Opening it normally doesn't do anything, opening it manually from the INF reports that I should set it up as my default application or install it. But I've no taskmngr.exe anywhere to fix it.
>>
>>55817921
tuneup and similar utilities usually break more than they are benefiting you, avoid them.
do a clean install to unfuck all its baddoing
>>
>>55788591
I have one of my own, how do I make my Android tablet home screen look at least decent
>>
>>55788591
Is there an alternative to qbittorrents search feature?
>>
>>55818166
>average /g/ linux user
>>
I just missed Purolator by 7 minutes because I was asleep and now I'll have to wait until Tuesday to build my computer. How do I cope with this?
>>
>>55818667
By asking about it in >>>/g/sqt
>>
File: 1398257689018.jpg (81KB, 553x415px) Image search: [Google]
1398257689018.jpg
81KB, 553x415px
So I just did a fresh Windows 7 install and I just can't get the thumbnail pics to show up no matter what I do.

All I can find by googling is suggestions to check or uncheck "Show thumbnails instead of icons" and "“Always show icons, never thumbnails” options, well I have tried out every combination now and they still don't work.

HALP? Not having the preview images working really makes choosing images to post on 4chan a pain in the ass.
>>
whats the easiest way to bulk download facebook pictures of your friends. none of the direct image scripts to help with downthemall seem to work anymore
>>
File: Capture.png (30KB, 669x472px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
30KB, 669x472px
How do I make my site have little sub categories like this?
>>
>>55818963
Be popular enough.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/47334?hl=en
>>
>>55790855
>How does MPD works for streaming music to Android? I see some people are using as an alternative to music streaming services (for own media)

Did you google it?
>>
>>55788591
TP LINK or a decent wifi card? Ethernet is absolutely not an option
>>
Is there any way to spoof "activation" of windows 7 so I can properly install win 10 ?
>>
File: shy confused.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shy confused.png
1MB, 1280x720px
I need a new laptop within the next month. I'm moving to Thailand and I can't bring my tower with me. What laptop should I get for ~$1000 that can play games well, and is light and quiet?
>>
>>55819309
>gaming laptop
>light and quiet

almost had me there
>>
>>55788939
>4k
>console gaming

Are you retarded?
>>
File: blank.gif (327KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
blank.gif
327KB, 500x531px
>>55819367
Huh? If I can play Overwatch or WoW at 60 FPS on medium-low settings I'm happy. Doesn't have to be super quiet when I'm playing it. I just want it to be light and quiet so I can use it in school for non-games without creating shitloads of noise.

This is the stupid questions thread you know
>>
What's a 32bit alternative to Shotcut on Windows?
>>
File: DreamSpark.jpg (9KB, 230x140px) Image search: [Google]
DreamSpark.jpg
9KB, 230x140px
I can get a W10 key from Dreamspark right now so I can activate my Windows when I upgrade my hardware (which will change my HW ID on MS' servers and not activate my copy on the new hardware). So I can get it now just in case and it won't expire or anything right?
>>
>>55819487
what for? 32bit is dead for 15 years already.
>>
>>55819514
To use on a 32bit OS, obviously.
>>
>>55819530
so install a 32bit OS.
>>
I need a good book that will teach my hardware and reverse engineering.
Anything good I need to have?
Thanks!
>>
>>55819545
Right, because that's much easier than installing a 32bit compatible program.
>>
>>55819567
I'm amazed you managed to find a machine running a 32bit OS in the first place.
Video editing eats a lot of RAM, the limitations on a 32bit OS is 2GB per application, which gets eaten up very fast, so your performance will drop into oblivion once it's start swapping.
That's why no one bothers with 32bit anymore, especially not for RAM intensive software like this.
>>
File: 1469822401690.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
1469822401690.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
I'm trying to install a Cooler master Evo 212 heatsink. My bottom two holes are obscured by my case though. What now, do I have to cut the case?
>>
>>55819603
you are supposed to install the heatsink with the motherboard outside the case.
the standoffs should give the screws/backplate enough room to install it afterwards.
>>
>>55819460
>>55819460
>>55819460
>>55819460
New thread
>>
>>55819629
Oh right. I've had this build for literal years. In that case I'll pop it out. The instructions are really unclear.
>>
>>55819642
dude fuck off this one is barely half full
>>
>>55819598
I didn't "find" it, I've just been using it since they were a thing. In any case I'm not planning on any heavy editing, just small touches. Which I've just now realized that's what ffmpeg is there for. Silly me.
>>
>>55819674
It's also been up for two days because it's a shitty thread that's not even marked with /sqt/. There have been two or three /sqt/s in the time that this one's been up because OP's a fucking retard.
>>
If I Upgraded to Windows 10 on a Laptop, how do i find my old Windows 8.1 Key so I can use and iso to go back
>>
Can I use my old Win7 Product key on my broken pc to change my new computer to windows 7 using iso. New PC is win10 btw
>>
>>55788591
>>55788708
>>55788725
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>55788591
Why some people use obsolete C++ methods ?
>>
Is there any way to change the new tab page in chrome?
>>
File: absolutely_disgusting.png (14KB, 279x677px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_disgusting.png
14KB, 279x677px
How do I clean up my right click context menu in windows 10?
>>
Recommendations on how to save videos that are available only by stream?

I can't just straight screen record because the site is fucking slow and takes ages to buffer the video so I can't really watch it all the way through without stopping. As it doesn't like to buffer all the way through, so there'd be loads of starts and stops.

Any other options for how to pull something? Most sites seem to make it impossible to get the video URL so I'm not sure what to do.
>>
i factory reset my phone. forgot to encrypt it beforehand. what can i do now to actually get rid of everything
>>
>>55822521
encrypt it then factory reset
>>
>>55822600
i know that now, but i already did the factory reset.

so if i understand correctly, doing an encryption and factory reset now will only protect the data on the phone now.

NOT the data (from before the first factory reset) that i want to wipe, because, due to the factory reset, all those files are still salvageable just the paths deleted.

am i correct is understanding that an encryption only encrypts your accessible data and not the normally inaccessible 'deleted' (but actually just labeled as overrideable) data
>>
>>55822735
encrypting and wiping will secure the old data
>>
>>55822781
you're my savior. you think its secure enough to sell back to at&t
>>
2x1080p monitors (one 144Hz, one 60Hz)
1x4k monitor

1070 here, what setup should I go for? Not sure how shit 1080/1440p gaming would look on a 4k monitor
>>
File: Capture.png (44KB, 1431x519px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
44KB, 1431x519px
I need to install some files and directories in linux manually (pic related) and i don't know where to put them (the README doesn't specify it).
>>
>>55822781
This isn't true.
>>
Need to buy a new HDD. Does Seagate or WD have a lower failure rate on their HDDs?
>>
I got handed down a p5e3 deluxe (s775 ddr3). It has a retarded issue where restarting or reseting makes it fail post the next time. To post I need to hold the power button for 5 seconds and then start it.
I tried updating the bios (it was almost stock) but I got nowhere. The previous owner was a retarded braindead that was using a 9600gt without the 6pin plugged in and fried the top pcie slot.
I'm not gonna cry if I can't figure out the problem but I still want to find it. Any replies welcome.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.