[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where does a ni/g/ begin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: lz3fLKo.jpg (196KB, 685x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lz3fLKo.jpg
196KB, 685x1280px
Hey /g/

I'm working in the Oilfields of Murica, and I want to move into I&E, IT, and Sysadmin for these guys because there's practically no one with the skills locally. Currently working as a a trainee for I&E.

There's a lot of Excel and Mysql crap these companies use for daily reports. And a quite a few systems with Windows Servers for Offices and Plants on VPN and such. But I still have no idea what is lucrative and useful to learn to get a good job working with the computers and devices these companies use.

Netsec? Sql? CompTIA? Windows server? Sysadmin?

What are useful skills that I can learn to get a path built to build a career?

Basically I'm looking for a path, there's so much literature and tutoring available online for practically every facet of the tech field. But a muffucka has no idea where to start?
>>
didn't read, post more pics
>>
File: Zo6lil4.jpg (455KB, 3076x2268px) Image search: [Google]
Zo6lil4.jpg
455KB, 3076x2268px
Bumping with cuties
>>
why the fuck do people think the sysadmin field is something you just get a few certs for, and you're suddenly qualified? even shit-tier help desk positions require a college education and experience. continue being a field nigger, system administration is not for you.
>>
post more
>>
File: 8KYgG15.jpg (116KB, 696x927px) Image search: [Google]
8KYgG15.jpg
116KB, 696x927px
>>55748479

TFW field bigger makes more than you sitting in a truck without a degree to make small adjustments to an HMI and updating an excel file.

Either way I'm looking for a school path, not just a hobby education.
>>
File: azblnEL.jpg (245KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
azblnEL.jpg
245KB, 1280x1920px
Will post pics of chicks for info.
>>
>>55748290
You begin with experience.
That's the easy part
>>
>>55748290
OP, truth is most of /g/ is unemployed.
some might have degrees but it's rare.
the ones who work are at work as we speak.
>>
>>55748290

start by posting the original image, you nignog.
>>
File: X4m8mBJ.jpg (108KB, 725x800px) Image search: [Google]
X4m8mBJ.jpg
108KB, 725x800px
>>55749809

I'm on Codecademy, I bought books, I'm reading until my eyes bleed. I'm looking at school.
I really like computers, and effecting change in them.
I like problem solving.

But I have no clue where to start or what I need to study in order to break into a lucrative field that has longevity.

I want to work with SCADA, because so many sites are in the boonies and it would be great for companies to have remote access to their sites.

But the more I go into the rabbithole, the less direction Alice has to find a way through.
>>
File: mwYUZiI.jpg (180KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
mwYUZiI.jpg
180KB, 1080x1349px
>>55750068
I've only got that one.
>>
>>55748551

Can confirm. I made $120k literally making sure everyone's H2S monitors had fresh batteries and the area monitors were powered on everyday. 1 hour of work and then another 11 hours of sitting in my truck watching movies until my half day shift was over.
>>
>posting 3D pigs on /g/

hownew.ru
>>
>>55748290
>>>/biz/
>>>/adv/
>>
File: 4zl3nYD.jpg (576KB, 1280x1919px) Image search: [Google]
4zl3nYD.jpg
576KB, 1280x1919px
>>55750182
And we've got a guy who bills is $500 an hour just to fix morning reports and fuck with Wonderware.
FFS.

He's just a contracted "IT" guy we call when management needs to move a fucking cell in the report or redraw the flow of a site!

That's what I'm looking to do. Provide tech support the Oil and Gas Industry. Plenty of tickets good with a wrench and a measuring tape but show them a computer and they can't even be bothered.

Alas there's no one to help me figure out where to go.
>>
>>55748290
Dem side-effects of the liquify tool from PS
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.