[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recruiter overestimated me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Or do I underestimate myself?

was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin, with a joboffer, turned out that its a senior position in car systems. Dealing with embedded plattforms, multithreading, techsupport, testing and low level OS functionality

Sounds awesome and certainly something i would want to do, except im a fresh physics graduate, and while im confident in my general high level programing and fulfill some of the requirements, some others i never even touched. (they arent mentioned in my linkedin profile)

The recruiter is not an external one, he is in the HR or the company, does this mean he knows that the job description has overinflated requirements and feels confident that i am good enough?

Do i...
politely decline
send in my resume expressing slight doubts, but playing it down
send in my resume not mentioning those pesky details and clear it up during the interview?
>>
>>55731472
Low level probably means C so if you don't know C save yourself the time and don't take the job or you will just be fired.
>>
>>55731472
drink bleach

>>>/biz/
>>
I'd email back saying you don't meet several of the requirements but would be happy to interview anyway if they think you'd be a good fit or they'd have someone to help you learn to start. Then during the interview i'd reiterate your concerns about qualifications.
>>
>>55731535
this
>>
>>55731535
This
>>
>>55731472
what country are you in?
>>
are you a minority / protected class?
>>
>>55731644
germany
>>55732173
no

gonna do >>55731535
>>
>take job
>it's easy and you can do it

>take job
>it's too hard and they fire you but you still make some money

>don't take job
>you have no money and no job

You've got nothing to lose and lots to gain
>>
>recruiter
>headhunter

when those shits contact you the right thing to do is delete or hang up.
>>
>>55732259
>he is in the HR or the company,

ok sry didnt read, those are legit. go for it.
>>
>linkedin
>recruiters
kek
I'll give you one week and you will start marking those as spam.
>>
I had the same thing op.

I graduated CS and only had one class on assembly, never did programming a microcontroller besides arduino (doesn't really count).

Looked it up, this type of programming is focused more on in electrical engineering. Watched some videos, literally programming in C directly into registers using hex values.

No thanks.jpg

It's cool, but fuck low level shit is on another level to me. Don't even know how I passed that assembly class.
>>
>>55732232
>take job
>it's too hard and they fire you but you still make some money

this gives me so much hope
not op, i've quit 3 times but i've never been fired. i definitely want to experience it and i start at a new company next month, where i'll be doing shit way out of my league so great chance there
>>
>>55731472
>senior position in car systems
Politely decline and ask for junior position.
>>
>Or do I underestimate myself?
Yes are you.. Even if you are underqualified, the expereince from a job like that will allow you to place high for jobs that you actually qualified for. Entry level jobs are just as inflated as senior jobs.

If you really did get a job offer, you are foolish for not to just taking full advantage of it. Most College gradulate struggle to get a job on their field, your a fool if you think you just pick and choose what job you get. Most Recruiters actually send emails with over inflated requirement positions, and then have candidates send unqualified resumes to their database.
>>
>>55731472
take the job and subcontract the harder stuff to pajeets
>>
>>55731535
>>55732183
I would not care. Worked at big companies, everyone lies and HR knows they have too high requirements.

Just go to the interview, and tell them about how you have concerns. That you have skills, and you are confident, and you like challenge.

Truth it, they won't have a fucking clue about what you are talking about. Or what they are looking for. They are HR, they don't care.
If you send them an email, it will translate: "I AM DUMB DO NOT HIRE ME"
He will simply drop your application.
>>
>>55731472
Something you will soon learn is that HR people are dumb. It doesn't matter if they're internal HR people. They don't know shit. Most of the time, they can't even correctly copy the requirements I want to put out on job postings.

So most likely, that HR person is an idiot and isn't correctly filtering/recruiting the right people.

However, now that you have your foot in the door, I highly suggest you try to get the job anyway. What you don't know, you can learn. What you do know, you'll probably need to learn more about for this specific application anyway. What's the difference? Either way you're going to have a learning period.

Have confidence in yourself but don't be disappointed if it doesn't pan out (after all, you still have to make it through interviews).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.