[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 43

File: linux-referencecard-1-638.jpg (244KB, 638x1491px) Image search: [Google]
linux-referencecard-1-638.jpg
244KB, 638x1491px
Welcome to /fglt/. We are always open to users of all levels, including absolute beginners.

Previously >>55714254

There are four ways to try GNU/Linux, you can:

0) Install a GNU/Linux OS on a VM (Virtual Machine/VirtualBox) for "safety purposes"
1) Use the Live ISO directly without installing anything, that way, you can get a "full GNU/Linux experience".
2) Dual-boot GNU/Linux with Windows/Mac (recommended if you want to learn more about GNU/Linux)
3) Go balls deep and overwrite everything with GNU/Linux

Before asking, please search for answers to your questions in resources.

Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.

Understand that much of your software from Windows will be unavailable, although maybe WINE can make up for it.

IRC connection details:
Server: chat.freenode.net:6667 (no SSL, 6697 for SSL) - Channel: #flt
If you don't have an IRC client (which you should), go to https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/flt.

Visit the Friendly GNU/Linux Thread/Website:
http://fglt.nl/

Resources:
man <insert command here>
Your friendly neighborhood search engine (searx.me, ixquick, whatever)
https://wiki.archlinux.org/ (Most of the configurations and troubleshoots will work on various distros, including Debian)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux/
http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
>>
>>55729241
Where can I find tutorials on creating daemons? What's the easiest init to do it?
>>
http://thinkfan.sourceforge.net/

I need to use this because my laptop overheats within 10 minutes of using Linux. I use TPFancontrol in Win7, and it works like a champ.

Question: can anyone here provide a simple tutorial about configuring this thing? I just need it to turn fans to max when temps go above 78°C.

All I have done this far is the good ol' sudo apt-get install thinkfan. It worked. No idea how to run this thing now, how to setup sensors, check them, etc.

It's a Thinkpad x100e btw, running Ubuntu + Cinnamon.

If you know another solution I'll be happy to try it.
>>
>>55729514
What temp does your laptop reach to?
>>
>>55729559
While using windows?
>>
>>55729559
>>55729567

on WIndows:
idles at 65°C
70°C on normal use
about 80°C on heavy use (streaming, hd video)

No idea how much in Ubuntu, but I know it's high because even the keyboard gets really hot.
>>
When I try to connect to a local machine specifying a hostname, I can't log in. It tells me that the connection refused at port 22.
But when I try to do it with the local IP, it works.
What could be the problem here?
The /etc/hosts has both the localhost defined with the hostname and the internal IP with the hostname.
I've restarted sshd just to make sure but that didn't help.
>>
Simple question;
why the fuck linux can't remember windows size and position? it should be a simple thing to do.
>>
Fuck, just installed an ncmpcpp update and now it's all broken, keybinds are messed up, doesn't play music either and some options in the config gave an error before starting it up and had to be disabled.

I'm too careless with updates.
>>
Alright /fglt/, i need you on this one. Currently working on a codeigniter project (web dev here) and my laptop hdd just stopped. Got an ssd, got linux mint, installed xampp.run and fudge, after pulling my data from the repo, shit wont run. Problems with base_url / pathing.

>Linux is case sensitive
Good to know, but so is our company's OC repo master.
>edit .htaccess and mod_rewrite
Editted .htaccess but cant seem to mod_rewrite. There's like 3 versions of apache installed and i cant figure out which one to work with. Apache? Apache2? Httpd? What the fuck?
>Go back to Windows
Plan B, i just wanna try working this shit.

tl;dr
whats the proper way to install a lampp stack with proper .htaccess write usage? Currently on linux mint.
>>
Why aren't Debian packages updated more often ? I get that Debian is meant to be stable, what does prevent a repository manager to keep his repo up-to-date ? Stability ? Laziness ?
>>
>>55728017
>
#!/bin/bash
scrot -s '%y%m%d_%T.png' -e 'mv $f ~/images/screenshots/'

Your problem is maybe using single (') instead of double quotes ("). Things like '~' wount expand here. Also scrot is pretty much pretty retarded. Why the hell first take a screenshot and then move it around? Why does scrot have it's own date variables? Just do this:

scrot -s "~/images/screenshots/$(date '+%y%m%d_%T').png"

or even
import -window root "~/images/screenshots/$(date '+%y%m%d_%T').png"
>>
>>55730110
Well, Debian has 3 main, and separate, package repositories: Unstable, Testing, and Stable.

I thought Unstable was basically as up-to-date as possible, like a rolling-release. Is it more behind compared to other distros? I'm not sure.
>>
File: lend_a_hand.png (455KB, 524x900px) Image search: [Google]
lend_a_hand.png
455KB, 524x900px
Sometimes seemingly at random, all my CTRL+ALT+Fx tty sessions except the one with the window manager, freeze. They all show text:
"Ubuntu 16.04 LTS lap4 tty6
lap4 login: "
No flashing cursor, can't input anything, the tty number changes only between freezes. In the session with the window manager, the text disappears in the xfce panel, in window titles, in the file manager, on icons, in the terminal, I can still input and move the mouse and such... I'm using a Thinkpad X201. I didn't ever touch any drivers, sudoed in anything with nano or copied moved anything... It's like that from the start...
>>
>>55729883
It's not the OS responsibility. It's the wM responsibility, and some, like i3, offer such feature.
>>
>>55729588
>>55729588
It it clean inside
>>
resolv.conf
best DNS?
>>
How exactly do I install fonts? I tried placing them in ~/.fonts to no avail, and font manager is a slow piece of shit that still didn't work

Running Xubuntu 16.04 if that helps
>>
I'm installing manjaro what display manager you guys recommend? Lxdm?
>>
>>55730589
It should be DEFAULT on all distros. It is essential and intuitive.

>chasing windows
>>
>>55731585
usually just werks when i double click the font in a file manager and click install in the gui.

does xfce not have that?

kde, gnome, mate, cinammon all had that.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (78KB, 644x414px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
78KB, 644x414px
Just done a fresh install of Debian Testing, however when I attempt to remove libreoffice with 'apt-get remove --purge libreoffice' I am greeted with pic related and libreoffice is still installed, have I made a mistake or is this a testing bug?
>>
>>55732078
nah, it is the recommends.

just a facet of dependency hell you sometimes hear about i think.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-24_14-50-46.png (39KB, 422x468px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-24_14-50-46.png
39KB, 422x468px
>>55732044
Nope, same thing for .TFF too
>>
>>55732035
No it's stupid. I want my window to open fullscreen on current monitor. I don't want to chase the windows on my screens, not knowing where it will open.
>>
>>55732216
i dunno then anon, been too long since i used xfce, and since it is so easy to install it this way, i forgot how to do it via the terminal.
>>
>>55732222
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>55732240
No you are.
>>
>>55732250
(You)
>>
I know this question was probably posted lot of times, but I will do once again.

I'm planning to do my 1st NAS, and I want (obviously) to put linux on it. I always though on debian, but new versions have SystemD and olders have packages too old. I also know I can get rid off from SystemD.

I know I can try CentOS too, but I know mostly Debian, so that will make me to learn CentOS from scratch.

My question is, there's other OS options better (or same valid) for this scenario?

Sorry for bad english.
>>
>>55732372
always hear about bsd for nas type shit.

can't really recommend you anything, just bring that up.
>>
>>55732405
I would like to ask about BSD but I don't know if I can here.
>>
>>55732372
Well, you can install Gentoo. It uses OpenRC by default. Although you can install any other init system.
You can also use Debian and remove systemd from it and use SysV or whatever you fancy.
>>
>>55732447
probably can, better than shitflinging at least.

but don't even think of bringing gnu/linux up in the friendly bsd thread
>>
>>55732372
What's so wrong about systemd that you abandon debian because of it?
>>
>>55732460
I think Gentoo is maybhe too advance for me yet, although I though on putting in Void.

>>55732461
Then, someone can enlightme about BSD?

>>55732463
Well, maybe that I learnt some ways on do the things on debian and I don't want to re-learn it. I also did a little research (time ago) and I don't feel like SystemD is the way on doing things.
>>
>>55732532
Okay. I've never used anything else than systemd and it seems to work alright.
>>
Will it be better to install mdk3 on my raspberry pi or use airbase-ng to spam SSIDs?
I could write a bash script for airbase-ng or use the built-in mdk3 thing..
I already have airbase-nd, all I care about is how fast I can spam them.
What do you guy's think?
Is there a better way? All of this seems like a lot to do something this simple.
>>
>>55731386
Yandex
>>
>>55729806
You haven't set up the ssh configs on both ends properly I'd assume
>>
I want to dual boot Windows and Linux on the new rig I'm planning to build. Should I buy components based on its compatibility to the distro, or should I pick a distro that is compatible to the components?
>>
>>55733284
bit of column A, bit of column B

Just as long as you're not sacrificing much in one way for the other it's fine
>>
>>55730249
Right now it looks like Debian unstable is 4.6.3. Gentoo unstable (and Arch main too, I think) is at 4.6.4, and with Gentoo you can go to 4.7.0 rc7 with git-sources, so it's a bit behind hemorrhaging edge, but it's still unstable.
>>
>>55733405
>>55730249

Debian unstable kernel version is 4.6.3* whoops

And everything else is a little behind crazy bleeding edge shit too.
>>
>>55732372
slackware has a nice installer, is stable, and uses sysvinit instead of systemd. Gentoo is nice.
>>
>>55733245
Correct me if I'm wrong (since I have virtually no knowledge about this) but wouldn't that make me unable to connect to the desired computer anyway? As opposed only to the hostnames.
>>
I was trying to install a dual boot gentoo, got confused rebooted and when I backed into the bios mode of my pc and changed settings back to uefi it wouldn't find windows. Is there an easy to install any linux distro above GRUB2? Else I would try installing one of the dual boot auto install distros and add gentoo after. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>55733504
You didn't format your Windows partition did you?
>>
>>55729241
posting again..

this is probably not the place to ask, but I figure I might ask anyways.

Is it possible to buy [your average cheapo quadcore ARM board], install Linux on it, then make Linux a "dumb" OS? As in, I want to operate that ARM board like you do to a standard microcontroller. Apparently, that requires me to enable some real time module in the kernel, but I need very accurate timings out of the ARM board, so how can I be sure nothing else will eat any resource or take the attention away from my program? Is running an ARM board like a micro controller even possible? thanks /fglt/
>>
>>55733528
I only searched for the raspberry, but no it seems no one has achieved real time with it.
>>
>>55733518
I think not, it was marked as NTFS when I quit parted and was marked as NTFS when I reinstalled windows
>>
is debian the balanced distro?

between bleeding edge and regular user desktop;
between "independent"/customizable and hand holding distros;
stable enough to be used as server but simple and practical enough to be desktop;
>>
>>55733609
I recently switched to debian and yes. I only use the stable part tho.
>>
http://www.deb-multimedia.org/

Does this website have trustworthy multimedia packages for Debian?
>>
>>55733808
http://www.deb-multimedia.org/statistics
seems popular
>>
Any easier alternatives to terminal.sexy out there?
If so do tell.
>>
Is there a cue splitter with a curses interface?
I want to split the cue files downloaded to my mpd headless server over ssh, but shnsplit doesn't do batch and X forwarding is too unstable.
>>
>>55733551
I've also read somewhere that the larger and more complicated (and thus faster) a microprocessor gets, the more terrible it is with i/o, is that true? Is that why there are dedicated architectures for microcontroller applications and dedicated architectures for microprocessor applications even thought it is possible for a microprocessor to be cheaper than a microcontroller? Can anyone enlighten me on this matter?
>>
>>55731204
yeah. It's a design thing. All people with this memepad have the same issue. It happens in Windows too if I don't use TPFancontrol.
>>
>>55730133
Well, binding exec "xterm /full/path/to/script" works just fine, but it opens a xterm window, and I don't want that behavior. Binding exec /full/path/to/script not working, even with single or double quotes
>>
>>55734421
I'm too lazy to read old posts. Explain clearly your problem and I will provide solution.
>>
>>55730133
>>55734421
Forgot to add that scrot doesn't have its own variables for time.
Both the --exec and filename parameters can take format specifiers that are expanded by scrot when encountered. There are two types of format specifier. Characters preceded by a '%' are interpreted by strftime(2). See man strftime for examples. These options may be used to refer to the current date and time. The second kind are internal to scrot and are prefixed by '$' The following specifiers are recognized: 
>>
>>55734458
>I'm too lazy to read old posts.
fuck off, friend
>>
>>55734515
OK. I could have help you but you declined.
>>
>>55734458
Binding exec scrot -s doesn't work on i3. Scripting the command works, but only if I run it from a terminal. As I said in >>55734421 I don't want an xterm window opening every time I want to take a scrot.
>>
Are there any music players on Linux that support dsps? There are some for Foobar that I really enjoy.
>>
File: 1468977640180.png (3MB, 1750x1420px) Image search: [Google]
1468977640180.png
3MB, 1750x1420px
>>55733609
Debian, to me at least, is the ultimate balanced distro.

It has only free software on its main repo, and offers contrib and non-free with a simple edit of a text file

There's plenty of documentation

It's got stable for servers / users who don't mind old software, testing for comfortable desktop use, and sid for living to the limit (while still having a strong safety belt)

I just really like it, it's the one I always recommend first
>>
>>55734522
I did the test, I got the error
giblib error: couldn't grab pointer:Resource temporarily unavailable

I'm looking for a workaround.
>>
>>55734522
>>55734658
on https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=86507

there is the evil trick to add sleep command before scroting.
>>
I would like to watch some videos on say, YouTube, while appearing as if I'm in the US.

What's the best lightweight, free solution for this?

I heard of a Firefox addon called Hola, but I've also heard it's not a good thing to use (http://adios-hola.org/)

So I wanted to ask you guys what you use for that sort of thing
>>
>>55734541
Agreed, and it shows how well their system works, since they're among the most popular and stable distros, and they're one of the oldest.
>>
>>55734522
bindsym Print exec "sleep 0.2; scrot -s"
>>
>>55734727
>>55734686
Why do we need to add the sleep command? Why don't i3wm devs fix this?
Thank you for the help guys, I was giving up on this.
>>
>>55734773
It's not i3, it's scrot which try only once to grab mouse. Google the error message.
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.suckless/6901

And by the way I'm >>55734458
>>
>>55734827
>I consider adding a flag to execute a key binding on release.
Would this be a more straightforward solution?
>>
File: 1409543650776.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1409543650776.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Guys, what precautions must I take when accessing a Windows partition from my Linux partition?

Is is true that it is unsafe to copy files to the former from the latter?

I just ask because I'm trying out Wine for the first time to run a few old Steam games that aren't natively compatible on Linux's steam, so I just figured I'd make a symlink to my Steam installation in the Windows partition. But for example that means that it's going to download updates to the Windows partition while I'm on Linux for the games there.
>>
>>55734898
How? By hacking i3 source?
>>
>>55729452

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/daemon.html
>>
>>55734926
https://i3wm.org/docs/userguide.html#keybindings
by adding --release flag
>>
>>55735002
Does it work?
>>
So I'm going to be getting an Android phone, Honor 7 specifically. How much of a walled garden is Android? Can I get root privileges? Can I connect to it with SSHFS from my Linux desktop?
>>
>>55732532

>Well, maybe that I learnt some ways on do the things on debian and I don't want to re-learn it. I also did a little research (time ago) and I don't feel like SystemD is the way on doing things.

You're a pretentious, try-hard idiot who gets all his opinions from others. Good luck in life.
>>
>>55735013
Apparently not. I could be doing something wrong though.
>>
>>55735076
Yup was doing something wrong. Adding --release flags works just fine.
>"Some tools (such as import or xdotool) might be unable to run upon a KeyPress event, because the keyboard/pointer is still grabbed. For these situations, the --release flag can be used, which will execute the command after the keys have been released."
>>
>>55735076
Works on my machine
bindsym --release Print exec scrot -s
>>
This is probably a really stupid question. Aside form window managers and desktop environments, what are the differences between distributions? I know some use different package managers as well, I think.
>>
>>55735105
I added --realease after the exec command rather than after bindsym kek.
>>
>>55735156
Different repositories.
>>
>>55735193
Is there anything else? Something below the de/wm?

I'm sorry for being so ignorant.
>>
>>55735205
philosophy
>>
I'm going to buy a new phone and was looking at open source OS.
Currently it seems that there is only
>ubuntu touch
>sailfish OS
>tizen
How are they globally ? Specifically tizen and sailfish OS
>>
>>55735205

>different release cycle
>different package manager
>different package build features enabled
>different defaults
>different stance towards patching of packages
>different stance towards included software (license wise)
>>
>>55735205
You can get any DE/WM for virtually any distribution.
>>
>>55735250
>>55735221
Thank you. Again, I'm sorry for being ignorant.

>>55735264
That's why I'm wondering what makes them different.
>>
>>55735271
Isn't a different community and developers make enough difference.
>>
>>55735287
doesn't*
>>
>>55729241
Is there a painless way I can transfer my Desktop's Arch to a second harddrive on my laptop (preferably without deleting the windows on the main drive)
>>
Why was upgrading an OS with third-party repositories considered a bad idea? My F23 keeps wanting me to upgrade and I can't be bothered to, unless typing fedup right now would be all I had to do.
>>
>>55734703
any US proxy should work
>>
I'm using fluxbox and it says to go into styles in the menu to customise but I don't see shit. Where the fuck is system styles?
>>
>>55735525
I guess the question would be why the hell are you using fluxbox?
>>
>GNOME

really?
>>
>>55735664
>anything but GNOME
You might not have noticed but those anti-GNOME people were shills Microsoft paid to steer people away from the good Linux only to get frustrated with the bad Linux and go back to Windows.
>>
File: 1468685480501.jpg (139KB, 1080x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1468685480501.jpg
139KB, 1080x1216px
Handbrake is pretty straightforward, but should I be using ffmpeg from the command line? I'm ripping some Samurai Jack DVDs with HEVC and it has been pretty comfy.
>>
I'm using flacon on my raspi, but where can I find the monkey audio codec to use with it? I tried mac-port but it doesn't compile.
>>
>>55735525
*default menu settings*
Right click desktop > Fluxbox menu > Configure
There you can change a different settings
Or if you mean change the styles
Right click desktop > Fluxbox menu > System settings
Fluxbox themes are in /usr/share/fluxbox/styles
But you should put your styles in ~/.fluxbox/styles

>>55735606
Why the hell wouldnt you be using fluxbox?
Its the superior *box

No need to learn a language just to edit basic config files
No need to recompile to make a 1 bit change
>>
>>55735738

>using comfy to describe software
>needing approval for everything he does from random strangers
>would cripple and make life harder for himself just to get approval by others

Kill yourself.
>>
>>55735937
It's pretty much the standard 4chan autism, nothing to see here.
>>
Can I mount an Android device on my desktop using SSHFS?
>>
>>55736012
If it's running sshd, yes.
>>
File: 2016-07-24-195639_210x361_scrot.png (83KB, 210x361px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-24-195639_210x361_scrot.png
83KB, 210x361px
>>55735927
Do you mean fluxbox settings? Because I don't see system settings on the menu.
>>
>>55736107
Thats not the stock menu.
>>
Which DE/WM has the best dark theme?
>>
>>55736095
Would it need to be rooted first? I'm asking because I've been using a phone with no factory limitations for over a year now
>>
File: 1467533570848-b.jpg (181KB, 317x699px) Image search: [Google]
1467533570848-b.jpg
181KB, 317x699px
Which one is snappier - Ubuntu Gnome or KDE Neon?
>>
File: 1468429384131.jpg (168KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1468429384131.jpg
168KB, 1600x1067px
>>55735937
Anon, calm down. I merely asked to see if the tradeoff is worth it since ffmpeg has countless more settings. I give no shits if you approve or not on what I'm using. Also, what is the problem with comfy? I said it since it's dumbass proof and straightforward. Sure is friendly in here.
>>
>>55735937
i really fucking hate the word comfy
>>
File: autism.gif (68KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
68KB, 500x293px
>>55736529
Don't we all?
>>
>>55736477
Obviously ffmpeg is the superior choice.
>>
>>55736163
The one you tell your DE/WM to use
>>
Hi, Linux help-desk.

What exactly does "multilib" contain?
>inb4 "just get the multilib, you're too stupid to not have it"
Yeah, thanks - that's literally plastered over every page that talks about it, but I'm trying to learn about this shit so please just humour me.

And what about uClibc? It's a replacement for glib, right? Does multilib contain glib? Why is "no-multilib" so much larger than uClibc?

My end goal is to learn about compiling and I read somewhere that having extra libraries that don't really apply to your system will slow you down proportionally, for no good reason.

If you know some place where I can learn about this for free, let me know so I can stop pestering /g/ for spoonfeeding.
>>
>>55735738
It's not like ffmpeg is hard to use. I feel like Handbrake is actually making the process harder because it obscures information.
>>
>>55736618
Multilib contains 32-bit binaries for use on 64-bit systems.
>>
>>55736686
Like I implied above, I've read the absolute basics already.
>Multilib contains 32-bit binaries for use on 64-bit systems
along with
>don't avoid multilib if you don't know exactly what it provides
is all the information I can scrounge up

I'm trying to learn exactly what it provides.
>>
>>55736798
What "it" are you referring to?
>>
>>55736618
>what does it contain
It contains 32 bit compiled libaries to be used by applications that cannot be run in the 64 bit environment
One of the more popular programs would be steam

>uclibc
No, that is a different userland.

>multilib glibc
It containes the 32 bit compiled version of glibc

>slow you down.
No, it will only occupy diskspace, because you will be replicating a new environment that will run as 32 bit. So duplicate your /usr/lib folder and thats a rough estimate of what youre going to be installing.

>learn about compiling.
You want to cross compile.As you have seen 64 bit to 32 bit.Other popular cross compilation would be for the ARM architecture.
>>
>>55736927
Thanks a bunch
>>
File: 1452042095852.gif (411KB, 273x262px) Image search: [Google]
1452042095852.gif
411KB, 273x262px
Anyone here knows how to properly setup linux for battery life saving?

I tried powertop , kernel parameters for intel gpu, and only made shit worse (i had ~1:50h battery life on with intel gpu chosen by prime-select before , apparently now i have 14 minutes). Its an acer E1-571G with i5-3230M/gt 710M/hd4000, linux says my rated battery capacity is 47,5Wh, but 10,3Wh when fully charged.
Its a 4000mA Li-ion battery, the laptop is 2 years old.

Please help , O mighty /g/ents!
>>
>>55737360
also its ubuntu/unity with 3d effects turned off , sorry forgot to add that. I will install Lubuntu if everything fails , i just need to back up my stuff
>>
>>55737360
Try top keep your load as low as possible.
Like in
load average: 0.03, 0.23, 0.29
>>
>>55737388
how does one manage that, fellow internet person?
load average: 0,39, 0,55, 0,68
>>
>>55737434
Stop ubuntu's gorillion default background services.
>>
im on ubuntu should is there a better distro or is this the best
>>
>>55737434
install arch or build gentoo
>>
anyone using antergos? what DE do you guys recommend installing xfce ?
>>
>>55737457
i actually removed shitloads of them, my liege, in order to speed up the boot process. I also belive i fucked something up with the powertop since it showed almost 2h of battery life 2 months ago (when i used it on uni) and now it shows 30min tops from fully charged. Whoopsie-daisy.

>>55737511
or kill myself, i know the drill. This laptop has to have ubuntu on it, for reasons beyond comprehension, so i must use /g/'s linux magic skills on this distro.
>>
Whats the best ubuntu
>>
>mainline: 4.7
キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━━━!!
>>
File: sad2.png (54KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
sad2.png
54KB, 500x401px
I've just seen a pic of arch linux with tiling wm and now and i'm sad because I miss arch. Why can't we be together.
>>
Is xubuntu bad or the best
>>
what is the best software
please respond immediately
>>
>>55737766
OpenSSH
>>
>>55737766
emacs
>>
>>55737766
youtube
>>
>>55736128
I'm using manjaro from the community repos that has fluxbox on it.
>>
>>55737766
gparted
>>
>>55737766
mpv
>>
>>55734916
Don't make a symlink, they're messy.

You should edit your /etc/fstab and point the windows partition to /mnt/$dir. Ensure that $dir is created, or your distro will cry upon booting.

In the image, the highlighted line is what you should have.

I'm fairly sure that you can add another entry like
/mnt/sdb/dir1/dir1/gamesdir /home/$you/games
>>
File: fuckyeah.png (32KB, 462x382px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyeah.png
32KB, 462x382px
>>55737766
>>
>>55735205
Preinstalled software
Some may use a different init system
Some distros use only the most stable packages (Debian), whilst some are bleeding edge (Arch). Some even want you to compile the packages from source (le gentoo)
>>
File: stallman_non-FREEEEEE.png (530KB, 830x720px) Image search: [Google]
stallman_non-FREEEEEE.png
530KB, 830x720px
>>55737842
GOOGLE GET OUT
>>
File: menuconfig.png (98KB, 1301x744px) Image search: [Google]
menuconfig.png
98KB, 1301x744px
>>55729241
How are programs like menuconfig able to do graphical stuff in the terminal without xorg installed?
>>
>>55738036

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ncurses
>>
>>55736197
Gnome for sure dude
>>
>>55738051
Thanks anon, I'll read more into this.
>>
>>55729241
What's the best Ubuntu flavour? Tried kubuntu but KDE seems laggy.
>>
File: 1317326211646.jpg (65KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1317326211646.jpg
65KB, 640x512px
>>55738034
>>
>>55738067
Minimal, add your own DE when you Install it.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD
>>
File: 1422735965816.jpg (58KB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
1422735965816.jpg
58KB, 700x875px
Could someone explain the whole mounting usb thing.

The way I understand it is, when you plug a USB, instead of just mounting it to a directory like windows, it mounts it to this weird half directory that can't actually be accessed and only exists so you can then manually mount the USB from that directory, to the directory you want the USB to be mounted on.

Why not just have it automatically mount to a sequentially named directory like windows does?
It seems needlessly over complicated.
>>
>>55735040
You've gotten all your opinions from others, whether you think so or not. You're not different, you pretentious fuck
>>
>>55737886
>>55736128
How do I get the stock menu?
>>
>>55738134
if you use an user friendly distro (as you should until you know linux enough yet) every mounted device is present in /media/$YOUR_USERNAME/$LABEL_OF_THE_DEVICE
>>
>>55738391
Oh so it is just a matter of something someone should have done, but never did.
>>
>>55738134
install usbmount
#apt install usbmount
You'll never have a problem again
>>
>>55738434
Its not a problem, I just never understood why it worked that way
>>
>>55738463
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/html/dev.html
>>
File: Emacs.png (33KB, 256x258px) Image search: [Google]
Emacs.png
33KB, 256x258px
>>55737766
>what is the best software
>>55737816
>emacs
This. If you have a lot of free time, and if you're any level of programmer, I think Emacs is possibly *the best* software you can take advantage of. It might just be a basic text editor and lisp interpreter on the surface, but it has an infinite potential of functionality, and you can optimize your work flow like crazy. You can bend it to your will to do nearly anything.
>inb4 emacs shill
>>
File: is_it_worth_the_time.png (63KB, 571x464px) Image search: [Google]
is_it_worth_the_time.png
63KB, 571x464px
>>55738508
emacs is bloat

ed is the standard editor
>>
>>55738535
>ed is the standard editor
We invented a gui for ed, and we call it vi.
>>
>backed all my shit up and want to do a fresh install
>can't decide between sticking with Mint and just upgrading to Mint 18 or trying out Fedora

Want to learn a little more about Linux without going too much into the deep end, would Fedora be a good choice for that?
>>
>>55738598
Debian
>>
>>55738571
>he's literally too stupid to remember what he's working on

enjoy your retard-proof software kiddy, come back when you're 18.
>>
File: 2016-07-10-162308_163x22_scrot.png (535B, 163x22px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-10-162308_163x22_scrot.png
535B, 163x22px
>>55737511
Check out my load average on Gentoo a few weeks ago.
>>
>>55737766
Adobe photoshop
>>
>>55729241
How can I check current Network transfer rate in bash shell?
>>
>>55738391

/run/media/$username/$partition-uuid

that's where it's at on fedora fwiw

>>55738134

it'll depend entirely on what distro you're using and what config it has by default

not everyone wants automounting usbs
>>
>>55737766
SSH
>>
Why is this board full of uninformed normalfags?
Why the hell is everyone installing Mint?
>hacked, insecure, blocks major updates
>>
>>55738598
While I haven't tried it myself, I've heard good things about Debian.
>>
>>55738974
they go to distrowatch and follow the other monkeys
>>
So recently my homeserver / nas has been acting up. I'm getting these log entries every time I boot it up

Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [    4.104475] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Stopping disk
Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [ 4.104517] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Stopping disk
Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [ 4.104548] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Stopping disk
Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [ 4.116199] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Stopping disk
Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [ 84.224228] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Stopping disk
Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [ 91.210354] EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [ 91.210490] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Starting disk
Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [ 98.362177] EXT4-fs (sdb1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [ 98.362298] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Starting disk
Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [ 105.394496] EXT4-fs (sdc1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [ 105.394611] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Starting disk
Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [ 113.810952] EXT4-fs (sdd1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
Jul 25 00:18:46 namira kernel: [ 113.833062] EXT4-fs (sde3): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)

it takes almost two minutes of starting and stopping disks, for no apparent reason.
I can't remember any changes I've applied to any configs that would cause this to happen.
The disks itself seem fine too, no error messages in the log.

Trying to google this has been proving unsuccesful since every combination of keywords I tried led me to absolutely irelevant results.
Do you guys have any idea what could be causing the disks starting and stopping that many times at boot?
>>
File: social-media-evolution[1].jpg (49KB, 468x369px) Image search: [Google]
social-media-evolution[1].jpg
49KB, 468x369px
>>55738863
>not everyone wants automounting usbs
Why? This is what I don't understand.
Who plugs a USB in but does not want to access it?

It's like having a prompt to ask "are you sure you want to power on your computer?" when you hit the power button.
>>
>>55739051
>Who plugs a USB in but does not want to access it?

Forensic analysts, for one.
>>
>>55729241
Thanks for keeping this thread going, OP. People like you keep /g/ alive.
>>
File: why.png (10KB, 445x63px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
10KB, 445x63px
>>55739051
There are a number of operations you can perform on a drive that don't involve accessing the filesystem(s) on it. Most of the time mounting the filesystem before e.g. messing with partition tables is just asking for trouble.
>>
>>55729588
>>55729514
I found this:

https://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1491031.html

Did that help?
>>
>>55730331
Why are you using CTRL + ALT +Fx sessions instead of just opening a terminal from your desktop?
>>
>>55730589
This.

I use Awesome but I've heard good things about i3
>>
So, this is the best tv box being released this year, will it run Linux (not just Openwrt!)?

I'm waiting for this before before I decide to buy a Amazon Fire TV, which can only run android at the moment.
>>
>>55738463
Many DEs already come with automated usb mounting mechanism. Look up GVFS and GVFS-automount

You don't want to mount USB flash drive by default because you probably don't want to get malwares
>>
>>55739149
Just use transmission or deluge.
>>
>>55737703
What's wrong with Arch?
>>
Anyone have experience with backbox?
>>
>>55739197
The only problem with Arch is the horde of retards who show up to scream "THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE ARCH USERS" every time Arch is mentioned.
>>
>>55737680
we /amdgpu/ now
>>
>>55739176
That solves the torrent problem, but what about mpv for audio streaming? Hence me needing full Linux.
>>
>>55737703
You realize you can install pretty much anything on any distro, right? For example, in Debian/Ubuntu/Mint:
sudo apt-get install awesome

sudo apt-get install i3
>>
>>55739217
>get rpi or similar
>plug into TV
>>
>>55739080
>Most of the time mounting the filesystem before e.g. messing with partition tables is just asking for trouble.
Funny because windows does it by default, with 0 issues. I can't think of a time I ever needed to partition my USB.
>>
>>55739268
Windows cannot detect most of the different filesystems out there
>>
>>55739247
This.

Though I'm lusting for an ODROID XU4 myself-- that USB 3 and Gbit ethernet!
>>
>>55739247
I'm looking for an all-in-one solution that doesn't run like shit or is overpriced (intel nuc). Plus, this has a faster GPU, CPU and an actual SATA Port.
>>
>>55739300
>SATA port on a non-shit single board computer
You won't find such a thing. I've looked. That's why I suggest the ODROID XU4. A HDD won't saturate a USB 3 connection and the XU4 has a much better CPU and GPU than even the RPi3
>>
>>55730110
Stable means they don't update except for security issues. Stability as in unchanging. If you want up to date software, you're not in the market for a "stable" distro (stable is normally meant for servers and other low maintenance situations where you don't want to babysit).
>>
>>55739230
*i3-wm
>>
>>55739230
>
sudo apt install awesome
>>
File: 89b.png (603KB, 600x789px) Image search: [Google]
89b.png
603KB, 600x789px
QUICK DNSCRYPT GUIDE FOR NEWFRIENDS

>What
DNS is one of the fundamental building blocks of the Internet. It’s used any time you visit a website, send an email, have an IM conversation or do anything else online. While OpenDNS has provided world-class security using DNS for years, and OpenDNS is the most secure DNS service available, the underlying DNS protocol has not been secure enough for our comfort. Many will remember the Kaminsky Vulnerability, which impacted nearly every DNS implementation in the world (though not OpenDNS).
That said, the class of problems that the Kaminsky Vulnerability related to were a result of some of the underlying foundations of the DNS protocol that are inherently weak — particularly in the “last mile.” The “last mile” is the portion of your Inter
DNSCrypt is a protocol that authenticates communications between a DNS client and a DNS resolver. It prevents DNS spoofing. It uses cryptographic signatures to verify that responses originate from the chosen DNS resolver and haven't been tampered with.

>How
1. Install DNSCrypt wrapper from PPA:
#add-apt-repository ppa:anton+/dnscrypt && sudo apt update && sudo apt install dnscrypt-proxy

2. Edit your IPv4 settings, change your DNS to 127.0.0.2

3. Enable services
#systemctl enable dnscrypt-proxy && systemctl restart NetworkManager

>Why
In the same way the SSL turns HTTP web traffic into HTTPS encrypted Web traffic, DNSCrypt turns regular DNS traffic into encrypted DNS traffic that is secure from eavesdropping and man-in-the-middle attacks.
DNSCrypt has the potential to be the most impactful advancement in Internet security since SSL, significantly improving every single Internet user’s online security and privacy.
>>
>>55729241
[GO]
>>
>>55729241
>"linux" quick reference
>implying those tools are linux
>>
>>55739446
>Edit your IPv4 settings, change your DNS to 127.0.0.2
In case you are confused,
>>
>>55734378
I ""fixed"" it by upgrading the BIOS and using the new "high performance" cpu fan setting.

If anyone else has this laptop and reads this, do the the same. It eliminates the issue no matter the OS.

Thanks anyway lads

-posted from Ganoo+Loonix
>>
>>55739446
>hey guys, please add this ppa made by literally who, it's for your security
>>
>>55739497
>using *buntu in the first place

They don't deserve the security.
>>
>>55739497
https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy
>>55739514
XD
>>
>>55739514
>>>/pol/
>>
>>55739514
>everyone look me! I'm an elitist prick!
>>
So what's the best dns resolver? Don't tell me yall using 8.8.8.botnet
>>
>>55739574
yandex
>>
>>55739584
Isn't that the russian google? On the other hand, based in russia seems good.
>>
>>55739574
>>55739584
Is openNIC any good anymore?
>>
>>55739596
>On the other hand, based in russia seems good.
They won't give your data to the NSA for one
>>
>>55739596
>>55739617
They literally outlawed real encryption (non-backdoored) less than a month ago.
>>
>>55739514
>*buntu
Just call it Ubuntu. That pisses them off more.
>>
File: 1463258895051.jpg (38KB, 499x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463258895051.jpg
38KB, 499x600px
Nice, adult filters.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Resolv.conf#Yandex

Normies, I'm coming!
>>
>>55738084
can someone pls explain the thingy about uefi?
what's the problem?
does it mean I can't use it with my uefi?
>>
>Next project
HARDWARE VPN
>>
What mail client do you use /fglt/? I want to fully optimize my work time on the computer and configure i3status/conky to provide a fast way to keep track of things. Any thoughts?
>>
>>55739825
Just change your MAC faggot.
>>55739838
>having an email account
>>
>>55739838
I use Thunderbird
>>
man the friendly linux thread isn't very friendly
>>
>>55739838
mutt

HTML email is a cancer.
>>
>>55739887
It's a meme
>>
>>55739852
>not having a mail account
Do you even have a work?
>>55739895
Does it provide/support encryption?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-24_19-28-12.png (121KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-24_19-28-12.png
121KB, 1600x900px
Been trying to install league of legends But these errors come up
Any ideas
>>
>>55739887
They don't mean it. Like >>55739852 is just how he talks in the internet. >>55739497
and >>55739514 was a bit salty because the post they replied to didn't give a fuck about their distro (probably debqueens)

Few misguided, misunderstood edgy teenagers here and there, just like /pol/ these days
>>
>>55739924
>Does it provide/support encryption?
yes
>>
>>55739932
Just don't.
>>
>>55739977
?
>>
File: hqdefault[4].jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[4].jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>55739932
>he doesn't know how to fix error 67108864
>>
>>55739981
League of legends is for children.
>>
>>55739932
You have to be 18 to use 4chan...
>>
>>55740018
>>55740027
Whats the big deal about playing a game with friends
>>
>>55739948
mutt it is then. Also looking for an RSS reader, and some way to use it with a Facebook page, since they removed RSS suscribe option, only thing I found was 3rd party stuff.
>>
>>55740039
>I don't like it I just play because my friends do!!

literally every league kiddo in these threads uses this line...
>>
>>55740039
The error message is cryptic as fuck, we're as clueless as you FYI
>>
>>55740039
This is /g/. The kids that come here think pretending to hate videogames the same way westbury baptist church hates gays makes them look adult.
>>
>>55740039
Pokemon go is cool now get with the times grandpa
>>
>>55740073
Not him but I actually do hate video games. AMA
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-24_19-44-46.png (266KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-24_19-44-46.png
266KB, 1600x900px
>>55740053
when did i say i dint like it
>>55740057
If it helps a bunch more errors appear if i say ok to that one
>>55740073
makes sense gota feel special some how
>>
>>55729241
I want to buy a game but the store page says
>Requires the following packages to be installed: libc6:i386, libasound2:i386, libasound2-data:i386, libasound2-plugins:i386 and dependencies.

I'm using Fedora and I don't have any of those packages on my repositories. How do I get them? Is it even worth installing these or I should just try to run it on Wine?
>>
File: link.jpg (72KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
72KB, 600x476px
>>55740099
>more error messages come up
>post more opaque numbers

found the troll
>>
>>55740128
If those are the only things that come up what do you want him to do?
>>
>>55740099
Are you not using playonlinux?
>>
>>55740154
>search engine of choice
>'league of legends error code #######'

If those are the only things that come up what does he want us to do?
>>
it seems to be a Fatal Error Allowed Memory Size Of 67108864
>>55740166
when i try playonlinux it goes away right before it gets to the patcher
no bug splat
ill try again thoug
>>
File: 1459325471870.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1459325471870.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>>55739817
pls halp
>>
>>55738067
Ubuntu MATE
>>55739817
?
>>
I just installed antergos xfce and I need a hardware monitor plugin what's the best one?
>>
>>55740440
VGA
>>
>MAKEOPTS at -j5
>install GHC
>computer is slow as fuck
Maybe I should change it to -j2
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png
2MB, 1024x768px
I was messing around with lemonbar for fun when I got to the point I did something wrong and it is not printing the info when I do "startx" but it does when I run it manually.

This is the code. Where it is wrong?

I know that when I type # I'm putting a comment and it won't do anything. The goal is to print just "Clock()" centered on bar.

Top bar is bar run from xinitrc. Bottom is manual run.
>>
Find flaws.
Protip, you can't.

On a more serious note I can't find the motivation to do anything. I used to like ricing my desktop, messing with programming and other linux things. Now all I do is cry and watch anime.
>>
>>55740819
Ah, right..
>>
>>55740800
>comments on native lenguage
kill yourself
>>
>>55740870
Great argument. Do you have more brilliant ideas do you want to share with us?
>>
>>55740870
>>55740883

He isn't wrong you know.
>>
>>55740800
Run it from your wm startup config.
>>
>>55740840
Let's cry and watch anime together anon-kun.
>>
>>55740902
I shouldn't run it from xinitrc?

Why did I break it?
>>
>>55740903
Ok, we can like.. pesterchum, or something?
>>
>install ubuntu
>it's a bloated pos of shit full of crap I don't need
I thought you guys said linux was good.
>>
>install arch
>>
>install windows
I thought you guys said windows was good.
>>
>install mint
>>
>install fedora
>>
>>55741018
>>55741032
>>55741035
>>55741040
>>55741050
All you had to do was install Gentoo
>>
>>55741053
Some people never listen..
>>
>>55741053
>Having source and bins.
no thanks faglord
>>
My Debian + KDE Plasma 5 installation on a cold boot actually uses less RAM than my GS4 does with "clear RAM" done on a cold boot.
>>
>>55741053
thanks for the advice anon
>>
>samefag
>>
>>55741053
>install gentoo
>it's a barely built pos of shit that doesn't want to work
I thought you guys said linux was good
>>
File: 1469405705791.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1469405705791.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>55741032
>>55741035
>>55741040
>>55741050
>>
File: caching.png (10KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
caching.png
10KB, 640x360px
>>55741074
Why did you buy all that ram then?
Why not just use 512mb, that surely is more then enough.

USING ram is a GOOD THING
NOT using is a BAD THING
>>
File: aaajpg.jpg (9KB, 1278x40px) Image search: [Google]
aaajpg.jpg
9KB, 1278x40px
What is this called and how do i change what it looks like? I don't mean change the color or the size of the icons or whatever i mean actually change it.
>>
>>55741195
>I don't mean change the color or the size of the icons or whatever i mean actually change it.
Then what do you hope to change?
>>
>>55739215
Neat. Now to wait until 4.8 for freesync, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>55741209
I see some people that don't have that square background or some people that have it in the middle, stuff like that.
>>
>>55740939
>>55740902
bump
>>
File: whocares.gif (864KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
whocares.gif
864KB, 500x270px
>distributions are mostly free
>package manager fetches pre compiled blobs for your system use
>you trust that no one is tampering with these packages yet distrust close source components
Fuck, what now? Build every single computer component by myself and start from scratch?
>>
>>55741195
That's called panel.
>>
>>55741271
Yup
Write your own OS, build your own userspace programs. It's the only way at this point
>>
conky or py3status?
>>
File: 1445328825218.jpg (336KB, 574x890px) Image search: [Google]
1445328825218.jpg
336KB, 574x890px
Been lurking these threads for a while and now I feel like taking the plunge and switching my daily driver from Win10 to Linooox.

I'm pretty stupid though so I'm looking at something simple like Ubuntu MATE. Am I making any mistakes here?
>>
>>55741539
Everything you do is a mistake anon. However, I'd recommend using Fedora since it's noob-friendly and doesn't use a retarded package manager.
>>
>>55741539
No, just do it now. You can change distro any time in the future.
>>
>>55741539
That should be fine. You can't really go wrong with a Ubuntu variant, especially if you're a beginner.
>>
File: 1453340623420.jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
1453340623420.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
>>55741547
>>55741608
>>55741628
What I'm getting from these post are
>Ubuntu is fine
>But Fedora is better
I'm a bit torn now.
Should I use Fedora?
Does it not actually matter and is it ultimately up to personal preference?
Is Fedora objectively better than Ubuntu?
help me pls
>>
>>55741539
No, go for it. I'd say keep using it for a few weeks and move the Debian Testing if you like apt or go with Fedora. You can stay in Ubuntu if you want, there's no problem with that.
>>
>>55741667
When you learn how GNU and Linux work, you can pick any distribution you want and make it exactly how you want it.
>>
>>55741667
No, just stick with Ubuntu Mate. You shouldn't think about these things too hard.
>>
>>55741361
conky is for babies, learn shell scripting and use lemonbar
>>55741696
>ubuntu
>microsoft partners
canonical is the enemy, fuck ubuntu
>>
>>55741766
You're not supporting Microsoft by using Ubuntu. Fuck off.
>>
>>55741539
>ubuntu
it's a bloated pos of shit
>>
>>55741766
I don't really have all the time to learn a language, so I want to stick with something straightforward. Dzen2 also seems like a plausible option. Any experience with it?
>>
>>55741667
>Does it not actually matter and is it ultimately up to personal preference?
Between Ubuntu and Fedora? Yes.
>Is Fedora objectively better than Ubuntu?
No.
>>
>>55741940
dzen2 is like lemonbar. You write scripts to make it work.

How do you even function here without knowing shell scripting?
>>
>>55741796
but you're not supporting the gnu/linux community also
>>
>>55742008
Pretty much like every other user. Reading documentation and wiki, using your favorite search engine to look up errors, and asking stuff/shitposting on /fglt/
>>
>>55741958
>>Is Fedora objectively better than Ubuntu?
>No.
Arguments?
>>
>>55741667
Fedora is garbage but you're welcome to try
>>
new: >>55742078
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.