[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 40

File: 1460746431352.png (421KB, 919x839px) Image search: [Google]
1460746431352.png
421KB, 919x839px
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

Threadly reminder to ignore and report the autistic SD spammer.

News:
Sony Xperia XA Ultra review
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xa_ultra-review-1465.php

Curved screen Galaxy Note7 caught on video, flat version photographed
http://www.gsmarena.com/curved_screen_galaxy_note7_shot_on_video_flat_version_photographed-news-19512.php

Famous leaker: there will be only two iPhone 7 models, regular and Pro
http://www.gsmarena.com/rumor_there_will_be_only_two_iphone_7_models_regular_and_pro-news-19510.php

New Honor-branded device spotted on TENAA, sports a mammoth 6.6-inch display
http://www.gsmarena.com/new_honorbranded_device_spotted_on_tenaa_alleged_to_be_note_8-news-19507.php

BlackBerry to discuss new devices sometime next week
http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_to_discuss_new_devices_sometime_next_week-news-19501.php

Alcatel Idol 4 exclusively lands at Cricket on August 5 with VR headset
http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_idol_4_exclusively_lands_at_cricket_on_august_5_with_vr_headset-news-19496.php

Corning's Gorilla Glass 5 will protect future flagship phones against drops from up to 1.6 meters
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Cornings-Gorilla-Glass-5-will-protect-future-flagship-phones-against-drops-from-up-to-1.6-meters_id83373
>>
It's no secret that the HTC 10 isn't selling well, and T-mobile just pulled it from their stores. Does this mean that the low demand for the 10 at its current pricepoint would mean a further price drop in the near future? It's $600 on htc right now but I want to know if I could realistically get it even cheaper than that if I wait.
>>
>>55674337
God I fucking hope so, I'd easily pay $450 for it.
>>
>HTC makes shit phones but good dacs
why dont they just get into the audio market
>>
>>55674342
I'm tempted to hold out, but maybe the current $600 is the best we'll get, and that's only till the 31st.

>>55674383
The audio market is niche af and for a lot of people its better to spend $600 on a good phone with a great DAC rather than a $600 on an external DAC/AMP or DAP, especially since at that price point on audio you're $400 past the point of diminishing returns. Basically, they'd sell even less product than they do now.
>>
PSA: As of 7/19/2016, the Amazon Prime G4 is NOT eligible for bootloader unlock.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4/how-to/psa-7-19-2016-amazon-prime-g4-eligible-t3422447

Moto caught on. Fun's over.
>>
Need a phone for pokemon go, reading, great bright screen for outside use, t mobile lte bands, <=5.7".

I got scared off of the oneplus but its probably just my having read all the /spg/ threads this last week. I was thinking about getting a note 4 because I wont have to use touchwiz but if its not much better than a lg g3 then why even. Actually the g3s battery life is dumpster trash so thats why ...

$400-500 max, I want to buy one before september though so stuffs got to have time to have been reviewed.

The phone market is so unsatisfying.
>>
So I just broke my moto x play while trying to repair it, yes I know I fucked. Which new phone has the same screen size and has pretty good performance?
>>
File: downloadfile-8.jpg (42KB, 980x560px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-8.jpg
42KB, 980x560px
Opinions on the Blu R1 HD? $60 is mighty tempting but it appears nobody can achieve root on it
>>
>>55674632

Great for what it is, but dont expect anything other than what it comes with.
>>
Currently have a Nexus 5 from 2013. Should I get a 6P for cheap once the 6P(2016) drops, or should I jump to whatever the 6P(2016) will be?
>>
>>55674533
welp sending mine back and getting a 6p, fuck it
>>
>>55674687
I'd go with the newer, as it will last you longer.
>>
File: DSCF1175.jpg (452KB, 1000x749px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1175.jpg
452KB, 1000x749px
So I broke my Note 5 a while back, and when I finally did my insurance claim yesterday they replaced it with an S7 for some reason. Not sure how I should feel about this.

I guess I need to get cracking on setting this thing up, too. I forgot how shitty the stock Samsung interface was.
>>
>>55674751
>cracking
>shitty stock Samsung interface

Why can't they just be friendly and let people unlock their shit and tweak them? Fuck. I have an iPhone but if I could get an unlocked S7 I'd switch immediately.
>>
>>55674751
You hit the lottery. Great phone. It doesn't take long to customize it anyway.
>>
>>55674777
>Why can't they just be friendly and let people unlock their shit and tweak them?
Because you won't buy the S8. And S9. And so on and so forth if you can officially flash other ROMs.

So basically, Korean Jews.
>>
Is anti virus just a meme or do you actually need it?
>>
>>55674826

True. Isn't the Colean S7 unlocked or something though?
>>
>>55674832
Only the American S7s are locked, IIRC.
>>
>>55674777
Running an aftermarket launcher is no big deal on Samsung stuff, I just need to download one, pick a theme, customize, etc. When I said "get cracking" I meant it in the typical sense of "get to work," not actually jailbreaking the phone or whatever.
>>
>>55674853

I know, I'm just faffing on you. I know there's options but you still have the stupid touchwiz shit under it, which is saddening.
>>
why isn't more ui comparison videos like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2izz_8iqXA
>>
Okay dudes and dudettes, I think I'm ready to get on the poverty phone train - I'm going to replace my ailing S5 with a RN3P. Has it been sold much lower than $250 CAD ($190 USD) in the past?
>>
File: stock.jpg (106KB, 875x318px) Image search: [Google]
stock.jpg
106KB, 875x318px
My Nexus 5 won't boot into Android (it only gets to the four 'dots' and reboots) so I want to flash stock onto it.
Which version of 6.0.1 do I download?
>>
>>55674939
It might go lower when the RN4 comes out at the end of the month.
>>
>>55674383
What do you mean shit phones
>>
>that strange feel when you are one of the only persons that bought an HTC 10
>>
So what the census for the sony X?
>>
>>55675033

I want to buy it but

1. on verzion
2. have to send it to fucking sunshine to get it unlocked, and pay 33 dollarydoos
3. isnt even any roms for it
4. its $600
>>
>>55674751
Nova+goodlock and your'e good.
>>
>>55674939
>Has it been sold much lower than $250 CAD ($190 USD) in the past?
?? It's selling for $170 right now.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/RN3P311331_32602840179.html
>>
>phone just got back from the repair
>power button fixed like their ass
>it's hard as fuck to press and FUCK IT
>opened the phone
>not the original button and it looks longer then the right one
>whatever this phone, just cut the tip of the internal switch of the new button
>assembly everything
>button is working like new again
Welp.
>>
Am I stupid for wanting to sell my iPhone 6 and buy a Moto G4?
>>
>>55675269

I have a jailbroken 6s and bought a G4. It's still in the box though.

Thinking about selling the 6s for top dollar while we're at the height of no jailbreak mania. I need more control though and think I'll probably get a 6p or something.
>>
>>55674940
The last one
>>
>>55675400
On paper it looks like the G4 pro is actually better than the iPhone 6 (not S)
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-21-11-58-43.png (220KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-21-11-58-43.png
220KB, 1440x2560px
Anyone else got a Zerolemon battery?
>>
Do any Chinese phones work in america on lte bands?? Want t mobile but don't care if I switch?
>>
>>55675500

Some work on tmo and att, none on verizon and sprint.
>>
i've been thinking about getting a oneplus 3, but the recent battery issues and future updates are making me a bit worried

what's the best alternative under $400? or should i just go for it? i mainly need a good camera for rad vacation pics, a fingerprint reader would be great too
>>
>>55675608
6p or oneplus 3
>>
Anyone have an HTC 10? What are your experiences?
>>
>>55675215
That's 179 for a colour I don't want and 185 for the grey.
>>
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Redmeme note 3 pro for about $170, is that a good choice for an AT&T user in burgerland? If not, is there anything better in the $150-180 price range?
>>
File: galaxy-s7-edge-nexus-6p-03.jpg (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-s7-edge-nexus-6p-03.jpg
105KB, 800x600px
nexus 6p vs galaxy s7

which do i want

and if the s7, do i want the s7 or edge?

challenge: pick a color
>>
>>55676228
Wait, do American carriers really brand the phones?
>>
>>55676244
just verizon

anyway, got a favorite?
>>
>>55676244

Yes, and some of their choices were worse than this. Who remembered Verizon putting its logo on the Galaxy Note 2's home button?
>>
>>55676228
My nexus 6 is too big, nexus 6p is about the same size. I haven't used your options, but I'd blindly vote s7.
>>
File: FEAR_THE_SPOON.jpg (82KB, 629x581px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_THE_SPOON.jpg
82KB, 629x581px
I'm getting an SE and i wanna know if any other users have a 3rd party keyboard like Swype or Swyftkey. I mostly use my 4inch android one handed with the swiping keyboard and i'd like to know the iPhone SE users experience on this
>>
File: gsnote2-verizon.jpg (17KB, 580x340px)
gsnote2-verizon.jpg
17KB, 580x340px
>>55675608
>good camera
I've heard the OP3's camera is middling at best, so you may want to look elsewhere if that's important to you. Fingerprint reader's good from what I've seen, though.

I've got an OP3 on the way, I personally don't care about the camera as long as pictures don't look like a 200X webcam JPEG, and I've had wakelock issues on other phones before that were fixed with a ROM change, so it doesn't bother me.

>>55676244
Yes, although most of them choose to put the logo on the back or something these days, shit like pic related is purely Verizon.
>>
>switching from T-mobile to Verizon
>T-mobile will send us free phones in the mail
>without authorization, someone ports our phone numbers from Verizon over to T-mobile before T-mobile phones arrive
>middle of work week, our vzw phones are deactivated, T-mobile has our numbers, we have no way to use either T-Mobile or Verizon

so who fucked up and how do i get maximum reimbursement for this
>>
>>55676228
S7 for sure! Nexus 6P is getting kind of old and they're about to replace it at the end of the year. S7 is a very good phone.Possibly the best you can get at the moment.
>>
>>55674586
Lawyer up

Also xth reminder for Asus Zenfone 3 is the best fucking phone this world has ever fucking seen
>>
>>55676330
>I've heard the OP3's camera is middling at best, so you may want to look elsewhere if that's important to you.

it seems to be the best for the price by a decent bit, i'd go for the 6p but that's another $100 above the op3 which i'm already struggling to drop the cash on.
>>
>>55676446
Played with the S7 the other day and was a little overwhelmed with all of the features that it had. Though it was a bit of a whirlwind I thought the camera was AMAZING.

The 6p seems kind of large, but it's incredibly flexible as far as rom support goes and will have that support for MUCH longer than the lifetime of the S7. So it's kinda hard to pick.
>>
>>55675608
It seems my OP3 has come out unscathed from a lot of the bugs/glitches that appear.
I would guess that its probably first and near first adopters phones that have these issues from the look of things, but I dont know at this point
I love mine, its the fastest phone Ive used and you cant go wrong with the 6gb of ram (Yes they fixed the aggressive ram management in the recent update)
>>
>>55676330
>I've heard the OP3's camera is middling at best

Unless you're overly pedantic, the camera is more than capable.
>>
>>55676265
>anyway, got a favorite?
I would choose the S7 Edge in either black or silver, with maybe a preference for silver (only seen black in person, though).

>>55676330
>pic related
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph that's disgusting.
>>
File: 1463574744518.png (11KB, 896x402px) Image search: [Google]
1463574744518.png
11KB, 896x402px
Just got my Nexus 6p.
I love it but I'm already noticing its horrendous battery life.

Is there anything I can buy to increase the battery's lifespan; like a battery pack accessory or something? I know you can disable GPS and a whole bunch of other things in the phone to increase battery life but I don't want to do that.
>>
>>55676722
sHOULDVE WAITED A MONTH FOR THE NEW NEXUS LINE
>>
>>55676619
>Unless you're overly pedantic
Can't say I'm surprised by that statement given that so many people with a camera, even a smartphone one, think they're a photographer these days.

>>55676705
One of many reasons I refuse to do business with Verizon.
>>
>>55675515
Like what they all seem to be 3g only no lte?
>>
>>55676830
but I'm impatient and I don't think I can afford a brand new phone. Nexus 6p isn't that expensive.
>>
Repost from last spg:

I can't decide between the Z5C and the new XA. Current phone is Z3C

Z5c pros:
>smaller (manlet hands)
>larger battery
>better rear camera
>Snap 810
>Fingerprint
>Better audio
>Waterproof

Cons:
>Need to import + get 3rd party warranty
>One band missing from T-mo HSPA+ (1700MHz iirc?)

XA pros:
>Newer
>Better front camera
>Edge-to-edge screen
>American warranty
>Full T-mo support

Cons:
>Helio P10
>Larger
>No flagship stuff (fingerprint, ""hires"" audio, probably other stuff)
>No custom ROMs yet
>>
>>55676844

yep, some support lte though - note 3 pro etc
>>
>>55676853
I wanted a xiomi note pro 3 but can't find a global one online at all.
>>
Whats a good phone in the $150-180 price range? I live in the U.S and use AT&T, I hear the Redmi note 3 pro is the way to go, but is there anything out there that can top it?
>>
>>55676853
http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_308825.html

I found this one but it does not support the correct bands however on will it work it says a global variant is out.
>>
>>55674033

who /mediatek/ here

leanding towards the Leagoo Z5 LTE with android 6.0

any thoughts?

and how can i buy it directly from leagoo?
>>
>>55676883
I would preffer a mi max if they have that in global?
>>
>>55676874
No.
>>
Is now a good time to buy a chinkfone? Or should I wait for the next SoC to come out.
Don't need anything fancy, just relatively smooth performance, 5-6" readable screen, and a decent (at least 1 day heavy use) battery life.
Will there be new models <~$200 like this any time soon?

Polite sage
>>
Time to replace my Lumia 1020 now that Windows Phone is dead

Carrier: Koodo Mobile
Wanted features: great camera (OIS preferred but not necessary)
Android
Clean UI/skin (I liked the Live Tiles on Windows Phone, and I want to avoid a boring grid interface or a bloated manufacturer skin)
Budget: 350 CAD (about 268 USD right now). Open to buying good-condition used phones.
Size: less than 5.5 inch display

Thanks
>>
>>55676895

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4017YK3Bu0U
>>
>>55677086
If you can bump to 400, you can get the Moto G4 Plus. There's not a lot in that price bracket in Canada.
>>
>>55676199
Moto G4, only because of the bands compatibility.
>>
any help on deciding on a new phone?

I'm on T-Mobile and living in America. looking to spend $450 or under.

will mainly be using it for stuff like YouTube, shit posting/lurking on clover, browsing and light games.

would also like to have multi window and a nice camera/video coming from a moto x 1st gen

was thinking between a oneplus 3, s6 edge or Nexus 6p. any other suggestions that have what I'm looking for and work with T-Mobile would be nice to know about.
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 441x333px)
images.jpg
16KB, 441x333px
Stock rooted galaxy S3 makes an unlock noise at random times.
Is there a setting for this hidden somewhere?
Been pissing me off for ages
>>
>>55676847
Z5c of course. Why are you even considering a phone that's much worse than your current one, and terrible overall? Come on
>>
>>55677063
There's always going to be something new. Smartphones have stopped major improvements for a few years now. Just find something you like at a price you can afford and buy it.
>>
>>55674033
Where do you keep up with the news for these OPs?
>>
Am I the only one who owns their iPhone 6s and enjoys it? The simple functionality. iPhones were never meant to be the Most versatile mobile phone/device. They were invented for elegance and luxury. I do not own one for functionality outside of the basic apps, or calling. You buy an iPhone because you have money to waste on a child friendly, Luxury device.
>>
>>55677727
Don't reply, just filter
>>
>>55677713
Where did you get so retarded?
>>
>>55677727
Samsung makes luxury devices that are superior in every way.
>>
>>55677775
that may be true, but the iPhone is KNOWN to be a luxury brand, Samsung is a practicality and Function brand.
>>
Do you encrypt your phone? Do you think it is worth the performance hit?
>>
>>55677748
>implying this isn't what /g/ believes.
>>
>>55677592
Pajeet has hacked your phone, anon, and he's looking at your web history.
>>
>>55677727
From the average user's perspective, there's nothing wrong with iPhones. They're perfectly adequate devices for the needs of 99% of people out there, and you get the bonus of having the best app and accessory support in the business.

/g/ is the 1%, though, the enthusiasts who like messing around with their gadgets, and to some degree just having something unique and different. I'm sure people will disagree with me, but IMO iPhones are fine and having one is fine, it's just not /g/.
>>
>>55677588
Nexus 6p, the only phone to get support for years to come.
>>
>>55677824
Depends what you have on your phone and how suspicious you are.
>>
>>55677727
Yes
>>
>>55677753
The womb I suppose? Doesn't really help me with my question though.
>>
>>55677727
>child friendly

Are you a child?
>>
So my contract is up. I have an iphone 4s, thing is pretty much pristine but I need a new plan. Going through Telus in Canada, I can get a very good contract out of loyalty there. What's actually a decent phone though?

I'm not really looking for specs, only thing I really care about is battery life. I phone 6 and the Galaxy S5 are fucking huge IMO so I want to avoid that, the iphone 6s is decent enough in terms of size, both phone and screen but I will have to pay more for it. I'm not brand loyal or interested in leading edge specs. Just looking for something decent on battery, I really only like iphone for the simplicity of the UI (I'm not a fucking moron but I prefer it aesthetically to the Samsung UI). What's a good phone for someone like me who doesn't give much of a shit about the tech I carry in my pocket?
>>
>>55677956
>he has an iphone
>he has a contract
get a iphone se you're literally too dumb for anything else
>>
>>55677956
You're probably too stupid to use a real phone, just get another iPhone.
>>
>>55678037
>>55677989
Sounds good. Thanks senpai.
>>
I've never rooted a phone before (did jailbreaking on my apple devices years ago) and I see that HTC actually encourages rooting/bootloader unlocking on the 10 and covers it under warranty. Is that right? If so, what could I get out of a rooted or whatever 10 than an unrooted LG v10 or S7E?
>>
>>55674383
The HTC 10 is good.
>>
>>55676268
Australian and even I remember people getting pissed over this.
>>55676446
>getting kind of old
>not even 12 months old
>the short life cycle of the smartphone industry
It's still a fantastic phone.
>>
USA
AT&T
820 or something similar processor
SD card slot
Decent, at least, battery life
Capacitive buttons
4.5-5.5 screen size
Rootable, and a big plus if flashable
>>
>>55677956
Literally iPhone SE. Good taste btw.
>>
File: Axon 7.jpg (57KB, 840x560px) Image search: [Google]
Axon 7.jpg
57KB, 840x560px
What do you guys think of the Axon 7 ? also there is a new deal : B&H Photo is offering a free pair of wireless headphones and a $25 gift card to anyone who pre-orders ZTE’s latest flagship smartphone.
>>
>>55678686
easy money goy.
>>
>>55674033
>idol 4 finally coming out
>still no update for the 3
Im STILL on 5.0.2 bros, what am i missing out on?
>>
>>55676228
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S7,Google-Nexus-6P/phones/9817,9587

u might want to wait for next nexus device, it could be more based than the nexus 6p.
>>
Want to buy an lg g4 but dislike the curved back. Anything similar in terms of specs that isn't curved?
>>
I'm looking for a phone which doesn't have curved corners like pic related (it's a tablet). Do these phones exists or all phones are fuckin iphone clones by design?
>>
are sony the shittiest android manufacturer out of the big boyz non chink shit
>>
File: phpkcmxns[1].jpg (164KB, 970x647px)
phpkcmxns[1].jpg
164KB, 970x647px
just bought this. super excited.
>>
best phone under 100$?
>>
>>55680748
Enjoy your shit display, software, battery life, audio quality and any kind of signal strength and reception
>>
>>55678686
Why would you ever pre-order anything?
>>
n5x or xperia5c

I want the nexus for all the roms, tinkering and the pure androird experience.

the z5c looks nice and has a perfect size, however I have never owned a sony phone before. How are they with their updates, how long do they support their devices and how long does it take them to release updates. Is there any rom development for xperia devices.

t-thanks
>>
>>55680905
friend of mine has it, i like the display. don't really need qhd or whatever. battery life seems to be okay with about 4-6 hrs sot. audio quality can't be terrible with headphones, i don't give a shit about the speaker. signal strength and reception is good according to most reviewers. and if i don't like the software, i'll just put a custom rom on it.
>>
>>55680956
Since you already tested an Oneplus 3 and I am also thinking about buying one, how is the size? Currently I have a 5 inch phone and the size is perfect, and 5.5 inch seems too big. Will it fit in my pockets or should I look for something else?
>>
>>55680987
i'm coming from a oneplus one, so i'm already used to the size. i can't really use anything sub 5", with 5.5" being the sweet spot. it really depends on the size of your hands, I guess. Me and most of my friends with 5.5" phones got used to them fast.
>>
Is there a way to stop this from showing up?
Would be less annoying if it pops immediately
but there's a random 10-20 second delay before it shows up after I plug the phone to my computer's usb port.
It's a Samsung S6. Can't find a related setting on my phone. All computer-side solutions I found are for Windows or OSX, I have neither. Help please?
>>
>6000mAh
>SD652
>5.5" AMOLED 1080p
>4/32GB
>no SD slot
>13MP/8MP
>Android 6.0
http://www.gizmochina.com/2016/07/21/gionee-m6-spotted-large-6020mah-battery-coming-july-26/
http://www.gsmarena.com/teaser_reveals_6020mah_battery_for_gionee_m6_plus-news-19526.php
What do you think?
>>
>>55681125
>32GB
>no msd
>>
File: 1467899106911.jpg (40KB, 640x628px)
1467899106911.jpg
40KB, 640x628px
>>55681125
>buying chink shit
>>
hey spg/ any tips on how to rice my android device?
>>
>>55681224
put it in the cooker with a cup of water
>>
>>55681189
>dumb frog poster
>>
>>55676830
When exactly?
>>
File: 1849053217846.png (388KB, 1080x1445px)
1849053217846.png
388KB, 1080x1445px
>>55677727
see pic related
>>
>>55681125
>chinkshit
>no SD slot
>>
>>55676830
implying the new nexus will be sold for the same price the current ones are being sold for
>>
>>55681125
lol it's a 1+3 ripoff
just look at it
shit specs tho yo
>>
>>55680748
You are aware microsd cards will hit $20/128GB soon right?
>>
>>55682076
Why would I need more than 64 GB?
>>
>>55682068
At least the battery is bigger but overall yeah just another copy of the onecuck phone. It's even crippled like a onecuck phone by lacking a microsd slot.
>>
>>55682103
32GB? Why would you need more than 16GB goy?
>>
What ROM should I get for the chinkphone note 3 pro?
>>
>>55682189
Hey can you fuck off to /csg/ please? We don't like you chinks shilling your garbage here.
>>
>>55682208

聊天狗屎遭到袭击
>>
>>55674033

need recommendations pls

>country
UK

>carrier
EE

>wanted features
large display, fast, good storage by default, unique or classy design

>budget
£1-400

>size
larger = better
>>
My 1st gen moto X is dying.

I just want a reliable phone like that with not a lot of frills and is not that big.

Point me to the right direction /g/.
>>
>>55682307
OP3 directly from the website?
It's pretty fucking ridiculous spec-wise, 5,5" and has 50GB of usable (non-expandable tho) storage
looks really nice too
>>
>>55682350
>being stuck with 50GB forever
nah, I think I'm good.
>>
Are the chinkphones the only ones with external storage?
>>
>>55682425
>forever
poor pleb
>>
what's the battery life like on the Redmi 3S/3/3 Pro compared to the Note 3?
>>
>>55682350
not to be a downer but what kinda crazy shit do you do with your phone that you need more than 50 GB?
>>
>>55682454
If you have to ask then just get a flip phone grandpa
>>
>carrier
Vodafone

>features
I mostly just want to browse the Internet and play a few games.

>screen size
Doesn't really matter.

>budget
About 250 euros.
>>
>>55682433
No, some other phones like the S7 do.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-T-TmUu71Y

Good comparison of the cameras and video recording quality of several phones.

All in all:

>best camera

OP3 and P9

>best video recording

Mi5

>worst out of everything

Zuk Z2 Pro

Overpriced shit, Lenovo should just die.
>>
Need a recommendation on phone.

>Not tech savvy
>Whatsapp, Pokemon Go
>Don't take pictures
>Comfy use that will last for at least a few year

I don't sell phone while it has value, I use it until it has hopefully no value. I don't use smartphone too often as I'm mostly on PC, so I prefer not to change phone too often just to keep up with the time.

The current smartphone I'm using is so old the logo has faded. Dropped this old guy and his face started bleeding.
>>
>>55683233
Budget? Else get a Moto G4, it has a gyroscope and scores ~3000 in geekbench 3 multi-core (better than an iPhone 6 plus).
>>
>>55683233
>>55683282
If you go with this, get it from here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EZC9WC0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469111299&sr=1-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=moto+g4&dpPl=1&dpID=41USEGDb6FL&ref=plSrch

You can remove the ads & bloat:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4/development/moto-g-4th-gen-how-to-remove-amazon-t3416587
>>
As a zte warp elitefag I have to say I'm really impressed with the Lenovo G4. Glad to see Lenovo making budget smartphones great again.
>>
>>55683379
They'll patch the exploit soon, he should just get the version without ads.
>>
>tfw want to buy the htc10 since it ticks a lot of boxes but its €749 where I live.

Why do they want to go bankrupt /g/?
>>
convince me not to buy a secondhand samsung galaxy s5.

Here's what i want:
~5" amoled screen
physical buttons
cyanogenmod
about € 200

literally a faster galaxy s3, and the galaxy s5 is the only phone that has everything in the list.
>>
Does the exynos version of the s7 have significant gains with battery life? I've seen reports/tests about the s7e where it lasts a few hours more each time and I was wondering if it was any different for the regular s7.
>>
>>55683551
good choice but a pain in the ass to repair.
s4 with slightly worse soc but otherwise basically the same with smaller footprint is also a good
>>
I'm technologically pretty inept, and all of my googling regarding the subject has been to no result.
So here's my dilemma. I'm looking to root my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910F, I'm still on 5.1.1 because Marshmallow hasn't come out yet for my phone in Finland, and that's mainly why I want to run rooted Marshmallow. But as I have never dabbled in rooting I'm pretty clueless and afraid I'll fuck up and brick my phone/ lose bunch of data from my phone, etc.
I'd also prefer if the rooting could be done without a PC, as I don't have one right now. If that's impossible I'll figure something out go use a friends PC for a bit or something.
So what's the simplest way of rooting from Note 4 stock 5.1.1 N910F into rooted Marshmallow that even a simpleton like me could do without fucking up.
Thanks.
>>
>USA
>verizon
>currently using broke ass note 3
>budget is 200 /300 dollars
>enjoy big phones
>best specs possible
>wat do?

Make it happen /spg/lords.
>>
Do I need to uninstall systemless root as well to install system updates? I ran the xposed uninstaller, disabled all my modules, flashed the stock recovery back but the update still fails.
>>
>>55683786
LG G3
>>
>>55683811
I've been looking at that. Should be a good choice.
>>
>>55683868
the g2 is pretty ok, too. lots of traffic in xda for a 3 year old phone
>>
>>55683900
I have it and its getting a bit sluggish sometimes. Any suggestions for a good rom? Still using stock and on lollipop.
>>
What is a smartphone good for?
>>
>>55683976
It's a mini PC you can carry around with you everywhere and can fit in your pocket.
>>
Is Motorola still good for timely version updates?
>>
>>55683952
The 5.0 slowing down over time is a well known problem, on the g2 at least. If you have the d802, paranoid android looks ok otherwise id still go for cm13
>>
Who's getting a new moto z
>>
>>55684112
How much is it gonna cost. Already added the $400 Axon 7 to my wish list. Battery and camera look like shit on the Moto Z desu.
>>
>>55683952
>>55684078
if you want kitkat, cloudyshit and miui are both great for everyday use
>>
>>55674033
My budget for a new phone is roughly $400 and I want something which is great for watching movies on the go. I need decent battery life, a good 1080p screen, sd card support, and a processor capable of handling high res video. I don't want anything humongous either.
>>
>>55676290
have the 6
swype seems perfect on it, i think it might be too small for the se
good luck
>>
>>55684164
Pricing is out, at least in Anand. 650-700+ for just the phones. Mods range between 50-300 with extra skins around $20. All usd.
>>
>>55684341
lol
>>
>>55683724
Go to XDA and see if a root process is out. One should be, but because it's a Samsung, you never know. Also you need a computer as you're writing new software to the device. The computer also needs to be properly updated as well as it needs the appropriate drivers for your phone installed and the correct programs installed as well. Avoiding these steps and just fucking around and doing what you think will work will almost certainly brick the device.
>>
>>55684341
You forgot to say that you only get it with America's best cellular provider. What a steal.
>>
>>55684388
Will GNU/Linux work?
>>
I got a redmi 3 chinkphone and it came with some chink botnet stuff in addition to the google botnet stuff.
Anybody that's bothered to make a mi account that can be assed to tell me if there is anything worth the bot there?
>>
I have an old samsung phone, any tinkerers here that have figured out howmto reuse their phones?
It's way too old to resell.
>>
>>55684578
You can unlock it. Also some cloud stuff like syncing your settings and stuff like that. That's about it
>>
>>55683554
Bump.

Also hoping for some recommendations on where to buy an international S7. Needs to be region unlocked and preferably from the UK but region unlocked above all else.
>>
I currently have a Nexus 5x 32gb in the mail. I ended up paying 230 euros for it, which is not at all bad. I'm planning on selling it when the 5p comes out. How did I do?
>>
>>55684808
I don't know, you tell me.
>>
>>55684849
Can I make calls with an sd card?
>>
>>55684257
thank you, familia
ive got manlet hands so the 6 might be literally a stretch
>>
File: 342.jpg (98KB, 919x1000px) Image search: [Google]
342.jpg
98KB, 919x1000px
Why do people think the HTC 10 is overpriced?
It has all the features of a flagship phone and then some.

Genuinely curious for your responses.
>>
Just got my moto x pure in the mail, absolutely loving it so far.
>>
File: 2016-07-21_12-02-20.png (14KB, 789x138px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-21_12-02-20.png
14KB, 789x138px
>>
>>55685148
Because the axon 7 exists for $400.
>>
>>55685219
Why did you screencap my post?

It is my property. You're not allowed to do that without my permission.
>>
>>55685235

Wouldn't that make every flagship overpriced by proxy?
>>
Is the Galaxy Nexus still good?
>>
>>55685288
Don't listen to that retard. That's just the pre-order price. Axon 7 is gonna be like $700 on launch.

It's still 1 week away from being available for purchase.
>>
>>55685330
nope, see >>55684849
>>
>>55685330

No, a five year old phone with specs lower than that of $60 burner phones on Amazon is not "good".
>>
>>55678453
HTC 10

What are the downsides to triggering Knox? What features will I lose from my phone, other than the warranty?
>>
File: doogee.png (14KB, 718x226px) Image search: [Google]
doogee.png
14KB, 718x226px
On tmobile usa here.

Is there any worth in buying a blu r1 hd over a doogee x5 max pro (seems to have slightly better specs for less, at the cost of complete tmobile compatibility - pic related) when I don't really use mobile data? All I do is basic talk/text and an occasional uber/lyft when I'm in a pinch, everything else I just use wifi. Oh, of course, I'm always open to hear other options if you think you know of a better phone for the price (100usd).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H2E0KVA
https://www.amazon.com/X5-MAX-Pro-Android-Smartphone/dp/B01HD30L3W
>>
Lithuania here. Im looking for a phone with a good cpu, decent camera and screen (i guess 720p would do). I dont really care about the battery life as I will probs be having my powerbank with me most of the time. Any suggestions?
>>
i'm a total newfag when it comes to smartphones. what apps are vital for android
>>
>>55685540
Sony Z5 Compact
>>
>>55674939
Bought mine from AliExpress with 179.99 American dollaroos. Pay attention not to get a Redmi Note 3 (not the Pro) or 3s. I bought by mistake R3 instead of Note and it was 150 or so, but quickly cancelled the order after realizing the mistake.
>>
>>55682189
Most of the EU owners prefer the Xiaomi.eu ROM. I've heard it's de-chinkified.
>>
Anyone get their notification yet?
http://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-to-customers-no-more-data-gobbling-for-you/
>>
>>55674586
The Note 4 is much better than a G3, not to knock the latter
>>
>>55674751
They gave you a better phone desu but if you really need 5.7 and s pen then wait til August for Note 7
>>
I installed CM13 on my mother's Galaxy S3, but since I'm exceptionally retarded, I've accidentally put full Google apps package, instead of micro-something one. I already set her phone up (contacts, apps and everything) before I noticed that, and I wouldn't want to do it again.

There's a big load of these Google apps, and the phone is running terribly slow. Could it be because of it, or the phone is just too slow for Android 6.0 anyway?
>>
I have an S6 with nova and klwp
I want something that can make it so only necessary processes run, and that can remove apps that I don't use that the phone won't let me delete normally
Suggestions?
>>
>>55685903
6.0 runs better for me than 5.1.1. I think the general consensus is Lollipop a shit but MM isn't much better for older phones
>>
>>55685873
No knock it lg phone suck man Nexus 5 was the only good one
>>
>>55685598
It really depends on what features you want, there are tons of apps to choose from.

However for someone new to Android I recommend you install:

MX Player
FOTO
Open Camera
ADM
CPU stats
Battery
Fast Notepad
Internet Speed Meter
Moon+ Reader
Opera Mini
Superbeam
ZArchiver
ZettaTorrent

Chrome (latest version)
Google Maps (latest version)
Youtube (latest version)
Google keyboard

Finally download a flash light and file browser app. These are the two apps I can't make a general recommendation for since they vary so much in looks and features. Hell maybe the stock flashlight and file browser app may be good enough for you.
>>
>>55685956
thanks. i just have no idea and i was told one plus offers a lot of customization. i got a pc though so i don't think torrent or similar is necessary
>>
>>55682066
>implying the 5" HTC device is going to be priced over $400 like the 6p currently is
>>
>>55685987
You should return that phone if you still can. Oneplus phones are massively crippled Android phones that lack a microsd slot and have awful battery life. Get an LG or Samsung phone instead.
>>
File: sailfish.jpg (157KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sailfish.jpg
157KB, 960x540px
>5" 1080p display
>Quad-core 2.0GHz 64-bit processor
>4GB RAM
>2770mAh battery
>32GB storage
>12MP rear camera, 8MP front
>Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
>USB-C port (bottom)
>Bottom-firing speaker or speakers
>Top-mounted headphone jack
>Bluetooth 4.2

How is this not going to be a winner?
>>
>>55685956
isn't flashlight built into aosp nowadays?
>>
>>55686036
>no SD card slot
It's shit.
>>
>>55686031
what do i need a microsd for if i got 53gb space?
>>
>>55686036
No expandable memory
>dropped
>>
File: tumblr_m5dna2m50f1qcxbquo1_500.png (179KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5dna2m50f1qcxbquo1_500.png
179KB, 500x375px
>>55686036
>no msd slot
So close yet so far.
>>
Who here is waiting for the Note 7? I'm still using a busted HTC One Max, and I'm ready for the future. Can't wait for that iris scanner.
>>
>>55686078
>>55686071
>>55686065

>data hoarders

it's really a disease
>>
File: whatisthis.jpg (26KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
whatisthis.jpg
26KB, 400x319px
>>55686065
>>55686071
>>55686078
>>
File: 1465535534202.jpg (80KB, 625x637px) Image search: [Google]
1465535534202.jpg
80KB, 625x637px
>>55686036
>5"
>>
>>55686112
still too big, I know those feels

z7c when
>>
>>55686109
>having a tumor sticking out of your phone at all times for my storage
>can't charge while using said tumor on your phone
epic
>>
>>55686054
It is but sometimes 3rd party flashlight apps have better skins/UI or features people want.

>>55686066
Because 128GB microsd cards are about to hit $20/piece and being able to upgrade phone storage is a very valuable option to have on a phone. 53GB may be enough for you right now but as time goes on your music/video library will grow and you may start to use your phone as a pimped out flash drive (wifi or usb transfers).

>>55686094
>phones have 4K screens and can now record 4K video
>people shouldn't take advantage of this
k

>>55686109
SNAP CITY
N
A
P

C
I
T
Y
>>
>>55686127
why would i need the 128gb for my phone if i can buy an external for my pc?
>>
>>55686124
>at all times

needing more than 32-64gb of space at all times
>being this sick and deluded

>>55686127
>people shouldn't take advantage of this
not with a shitty smartphone camera, it's just wasted space
>>
>>55686109
>filename
A shitty alternative that will break off and fuck the phone for good.
>>
LG 3 vs Lenovo G4 poll

32GB/2GB RAM Lenovo G4 or 32GB/3GB RAM LG G3 poll.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10800308

Lenovo G4:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DZJFWWS
http://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g4-8103.php

LG G3:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U31HSHO
http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_g3-6294.php

Thread I made is about to die, thought maybe you guys would be interested.
>>
File: 893847598437593845.png (42KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
893847598437593845.png
42KB, 500x501px
>>55686094
>>55686109
>Not looking to the future
>Not thinking about memory usage
>Not wanting to have to carry round a USB stick just to use apps or look at media

You guys are retarded and I'm sorry you didn't know
>>
>>55674632
>Blu R1 HD

I have a UMI Rome X, which is similar ish. Very good value. I'm very happy. Still want to upgrade but it does everything fine really. Just not as fast as UMI's ~£115 flagship models
>>
>>55686066
>>55686094
>>55686109
>>55686152
>>55686159
t. cucks
>>
>>55686171
Whats wrong with the G4 by LG?
>>
File: phone_vote.png (331KB, 660x297px)
phone_vote.png
331KB, 660x297px
>>55686171
Current poll got 9 votes for anyone interested.
>>
>>55686176

I use 6GB for my photos and a few playlists of a thousand songs that would take a month to listen to

Needing more than 32 or 64gb of data AT ALL TIMES is fucking moronic, there isn't enough time in the universe to listen or watch that much content on a fucking phone

you are the same type of people that get triggered when someone lets their battery go below 60%
>>
>>55686208
Oh I'm sorry I forgot to mention the poll is about the best $200 budget phone.
>>
>>55686215
>no band 12

DROPPED
>>
>>55686219
You honestly sound like a sour grape.
>>
>>55686208
Faulty as fuck
>>
>>55686219
also buying electronics today isn't an investment to the future. shit's gonna always get better. don't reply to his bait anymore
>>
File: IMG_2413.png (150KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2413.png
150KB, 1242x2208px
>>55686219
Right.
>>
>>55686176

High-speed wireless broadband where all our phones are thin clients and our data exists on a server and is accessed in real-time?
>>
>>55686270
>iPhone
>>>/fa/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>55686270
you have a mental illness, no joke
>>
>>55686219
Its silly to limit yourself if you don't need to.

All you're saying is that just because you personally don't use that much data you won't ever need more.

I'm sorry but that's just plain stupid
>>
>>55686276
Does this "high-speed" internet let you download/upload content to the cloud or whatever at 1,000 Mbps 24/7 everywhere you go as much as you want?
>>
>>55674687
Wait for the new one. The Nexus 6P (2015) has the shitty SD810 and throttles
>>
>>55686270
>criticizes smartphones without a microsd slot
>uses a smartphone without a microsd slot

0/0
>>
My LG G4 decided to take a piss and despite my best efforts I can't get it to go back. Did my research, looks like a lot of people are getting the bootloop shit same as me. Doesn't change the fact I need a phone in the mean time.

Looks like Best Buy is having a sale on the Moto X Pure for $250, which is probably a hell of a lot better than the Moto G+ 4th gen. Was wondering if anyone has experience with the X?
>>
>>55686287
Yeah, he's a degenerate homosexual but the expandable storage thing isn't a bad thing to have though. Yeah you don't need X right now but don't you want to be able to have X just in case?
>>
>>55686296
I certainly won't ever need more within the 3 year lifespan of my device

If I needed it in an emergency (say I needed to host wikileaks on my device or some shit) I could access it through cloud storage or use a >>55686109 if I was hypothetically living in the jungle without internet access for several months
>>
>>55686276
You don't know what your talking about, having something locally will always trump streaming services and if you think otherwise you're a child
>>
>>55686328
>I certainly won't ever need more within the 3 year lifespan of my device
How can you be so sure, have you traveled into the future and verified this is 100% true?
>>
>>55686305
I never said anything about micro sd? The screenshot was my first post.

Also, micro sd is no where near as fast as the built in NAND.
>>
>>55686328
The cloud is very unreliable and your wireless internet will always be slower than even a super cheap class 4 microsd card. That tumor thing is just asking to have your charging port rektd.
>>
>>55686298
yes, because it's the future

>>55686317
>>55686339
>just in case
Pascal's wager. You can say this about any feature. All features need to be weighed against the odds of using it. The odds of me needing a microsd slot are so low it's pointless. If I really need it that bad, I go out and buy another phone.
>>
>>55686351
You're opinion is invalid fag, go away.
>>
>>55686363
>yes, because it's the future
>"It's true because i said so"
k

>If I really need it that bad, I go out and buy another phone.
good goy
>>
>>55686383
>good goy

>spends his time in a thread about purchasing smartphones
>calls other people goys
>>
>>55686328
How can you not agree that having the ability to expand the memory of any device is not a basic requirement?

You've been brain washed into believing that what your given is what you get and you should be happy with it and when it no longer serves a purpose like running out of storage, you just buy another one. You are whats wrong with society.
>>
>>55686036
>less than 3000mAh
>no SD slot
>top-mounted headphone jack
Fuck this.
>>
>>55686392
>gets anxiety when he can't carry around his 100 jewllywood movies and 10000 jewllytunes at all times
>>
>>55684451
Don't know. It should as Android is Linux based. Don't know anything about hooking up a device and having it recognized correctly though
>>
>I need to carry my 256GB anime collection on me at ALL TIMES!
>>
>>55686399
because I don't NEED any more storage. The amount of storage I am provided with is more than adequate for a mobile phone

In extreme cases I can just use an OTG drive or access it from my home server

The real question is why do YOU put up with shitty and overpriced broadband that doesn't give you the flexibility to access all of your data over the internet. MicroSD is just a band-aid for the bigger issue that you are completely missing.
>>
File: 1468896089882.jpg (67KB, 460x686px)
1468896089882.jpg
67KB, 460x686px
>>55686454
Nice projection there lad.
>>
>>55686441
who are you quoting?
>>
I am currently using an iPhone 4S and am terribly annoyed by the low speed. I am really enticed by the prospective iPhone 8 but don't think that I can stand the 4s any longer. Anything wrong with buying a 5SE now to get the 8 next year? It's just 480 and much cheaper then the other possibilities even though the 4s often feels quite small. Anything else is really out of the question since I am using a Mac and I like the syncing.
>>
>>55686488
supposed to be for >>55686383
>>
>>55686479
>The real question is why do YOU put up with shitty and overpriced broadband that doesn't give you the flexibility to access all of your data over the internet. MicroSD is just a band-aid for the bigger issue that you are completely missing.
I have unlimited high speed lte @ 8-16Mbps and i still think phones without a microsd slot are mega retarded.

Anyway how can you be so sure you will never need more storage on your phone? Can you see into the future with 100% accuracy? If so what are the winning lotto numbers for tomorrow? We can split the whole thing 50/50, what'd you say?
>>
File: 8327648327432.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
8327648327432.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>55686363
For fuck sake please read this: >>55686399

You are also whats wrong with society, consumerism has a limit and you've reached the fucking stratosphere. Please for the love of god can all these comments be a joke and this is all bait because if its not you're all fucked.

You are all choosing not to have an advantage because "you don't need it"? If you truly believe this then you are fucking stupid and have no place here
>>
Is B&H a trustworthy site to buy phones from? Selling the S7 for $539 currently.
>>
>>55686512
8-16mbps - that's fucking hilarious.
>>
File: Thefedora.jpg (190KB, 1067x800px)
Thefedora.jpg
190KB, 1067x800px
I MUST HAVE THIS OBSCURE ROCK ALBUM THAT I'VE NEVER LISTED TO ON ME AT ALL TIMES IN CASE I NEED TO IMPRESS SOMEONE WITH IT. IT MUST BE STORED LOCALLY FOR THE BEST LISTENING EXPERIENCE BECAUSE 0.1 SECONDS OF BUFFERING OVER LTE IS UNACCEPTABLE
>>
>>55686399
How can you not agree that having your device be waterproof is not a basic requirement?

You've been brain washed into believing that what your given is what you get and you should be happy with it and when it no longer serves a purpose like dropping your phone in a pool, you just buy another one. You are whats wrong with society.
>>
>>55686546
The same reason why a deep scratch on my BMW M3 on the rear fender cost me $1300 in body work, does it drive fine without it? Yes. Does it look alright? No.
>>
>>55686532
Nah I just like keeping 4K videos of your mom.
>>
>>55686512
>Anyway how can you be so sure you will never need more storage on your phone?

Because I know the average sizes of my photos, music, and video files and the amount of them I would ever need on my persons at one time?

The rest of your shit is just pascal's wager-type bullshit.

>I MIGHT need VR capabilities next year so I NEED to spend more money on this upgraded phone!
>>
>>55686518
>stop not needing what I need!
>>
>>55686595
OK senpai, just don't feel salty when 256GB microsd cards go for less than $100/piece in a few years.
>>
>>55686546
I agree with you!

Waterproofing is something that in time I hope will become standardized but at the moment expandable memory is something that can be implemented easily compared to waterproofing.

Also if my phone broke due to water damage I would be forced to buy a new one. Unlike not being able to increase my storage
>>
File: CeKylMQVAAAL9X4.jpg (84KB, 600x874px) Image search: [Google]
CeKylMQVAAAL9X4.jpg
84KB, 600x874px
What are some good music player apps?
Is there something similar to the stock apple music app?
Because that is what I'm used to the most.
>>
>>55686615
why would I spend money on something I don't need, just because it offers a good value?
>>
How can you not agree that having the ability to replace the battery of any device is not a basic requirement?

You've been brain washed into believing that what your given is what you get and you should be happy with it and when it no longer serves a purpose like running out of battery, you just buy another one. You are whats wrong with society.
>>
How can you not agree that having the ability to replace the camera of any device is not a basic requirement?

You've been brain washed into believing that what your given is what you get and you should be happy with it and when it no longer serves a purpose like taking bad pictures, you just buy another one. You are whats wrong with society.
>>
>>55676847
I have a z5c and I can tell you that the phone is almost perfect but that the fingerprint scanner is SHIIIIIET tier.
Really.

But otherwise, the phone is really good.
>>
How can you not agree that having the ability to upgrade the screen of any device is not a basic requirement?

You've been brain washed into believing that what your given is what you get and you should be happy with it and when it no longer serves a purpose like showing 12K content, you just buy another one. You are whats wrong with society.
>>
>>55686680
>>55686696
You know, you're only straightening the argument that a microsd slot is a good feature to have with your autism.
>>
>>55686036
>2770mAh
FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
God fucking damnit how can they release a phone with a sub-3000mAh battery in 2016?
Guess I'll just have to wait for the next Xperia, see if it's any better than the Xperia X.
Why can't we have sub-5" phones with actually good hardware in them anymore?
>>
How can you not agree that having a physical keyboard is not a basic requirement?

You've been brain washed into believing what your given is what you get and you should be happy with it and when it no longer serves a purpose like touch screen breaking, you just buy another one. You are whats wrong with society.
>>
File: 82364872364823.jpg (25KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
82364872364823.jpg
25KB, 300x301px
>>55686610
Its not about not needing what I need its about the basic lack of common sense in this thread.

If I could offer every phone in the world currently expandable memory and made it a choice that people had to made before getting a new phone then I would say nearly all of them would say yes because it is a advantage with no disadvantages.

Only a retard or ignorant person would say no to expandable memory in their phone.

If Iphones had expandable memory people would lose their shit because that's the only real way apple is making money. People don't wanna run out of space so apple makes a 128GB! Phone rather than making the phone expandable.

One example of why you are being cucked by phones that don't come with expandable memory.
>>
>>55686546
>>55686680
>>55686696
>>55686712
>>55686740
All this flattery is getting me all hot and bothered senpai, please stop before I....
>>
>>55686766
>One example of why you are being cucked by phones that don't come with expandable memory.
This so much. You can easily buy a 128GB microsd card for $30 right now and end up with more than 128GB of total phone storage. So buying a 16GB Android phone is totally okay as long as it has a microsd slot. In the end you get to save money and have more storage than just flat out buying a 128GB phone without a microsd slot (ie iphone).
>>
>>55686766
>>55686833

No it's a negative because it drives up costs for a feature that I don't need

All of the sudden the manufacturer has to pay licensing fees to SD-3C for the hardware specification and exFAT royalties to Microsoft for SDXC and that cost will be passed on to the consumer. Why should I have to pay extra for something I won't use?
>>
>>55686532
>send from my 16GB non expandable storage iPhone
>>>/fa/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>55686856
source:my ass
>>
>>55686856
Dude just fuck off already. We get it, you have massive buyer's remorse because you bought an iPhone/oneplus phone. You keep telling yourself you will never need expandable storage if it helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>55686856
This guy >>55686833 just said that you are already paying a premium for internal memory you cant upgrade. If you buy a 16GB phone with expandable memory you can easily make that a 64GB or 128gGB for a fraction of the price.

I really can't explain this shit anymore. If you don't get it then that's ok but please don't spout off like a child about things you clearly don't understand.
>>
>>55686953
>internal memory is the same thing as flash memory

They are drastically different in both speed and reliability. They are not equatable. You are basically saying why does my SSD cost $100 when the same sized hard drive is $30.
>>
Guys all this talk about expandable storage is making hesitant whether I should really get a Oneplus 3 or not. What other phone exists that is as good as a oneplus 3 and has expandable storage?
>>
>>55686935
http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-adds-two-more-android-tablet-makers-to-its-patent-licensing-list/

kill yourself
>>
>>55686483
Atleast learn to meme famagusta.
>>
Should I buy the one plus 3. I do need a bit more ram for the shit I will ve playing on the phone, also it is not too big but not too small and i would love it for watching stuff and reading. Also I still don't know if it's waterproof. Can you recommend anything else or is this the phone for me?
>>
>>55687075
anything less that the s7 edge is for flithy casuals
>>
>>55687001
Not him but I'm glad you brought this up. It is true that internal memory is always faster than microsd cards most of the time.

However you must ask yourself if the 24MB/s write and 48MB/s read present in most 64/128GB microsd cards is "too slow" for the average joe. Would they really benefit from 200MB/s+ internal NAND speeds?

Also there are UHS-II microsd cards (backwards compatible with UHS-I microsd slots) available with 150MB/s write speeds and 300MB/s read speeds already being sold fyi, though they are expensive.
>>
>>55687075
I'm on the same boat as you family member. You should know the oneplus 3 does not have expandable storage which is really making me worry desu.
>>
File: 1458171280185.jpg (14KB, 298x312px) Image search: [Google]
1458171280185.jpg
14KB, 298x312px
>>55687061
Watch out, we got the meme police over here!
>>
File: sandisk connect.png (55KB, 800x605px) Image search: [Google]
sandisk connect.png
55KB, 800x605px
Bluetooth flash drives are the answer to expandable storage if your phone has everything except µSD.
>>
File: im_fucking_retarded.png (142KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
im_fucking_retarded.png
142KB, 600x600px
>>55687139
>bluetooth
>~100KB/s transfer speed
>>
>>55687157
oh sorry did I say bluetooth

I meant wi-fi
>>
>>55687114
It has 64gb how more do you want?
>>
>>55687185
I'm not sure if this is enough. Being stuck with 64GB of local storage forever doesn't sound like such a swell deal.
>>
File: Untitled.png (133KB, 1060x504px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
133KB, 1060x504px
>>55687178
>4 hour battery life
>nearly $100 for 64GB
> 7-10MB/s transfer speeds
>have to carry around a bulky flash drive with you at all times and an external battery
0/10 troll
>>
>>55687091
The non-edge is almost as good.

I prefer the smaller screen size for one hand usability.
>>
>>55687212
Well on my phone I had 16 + 16 from the SD. And it was too much. I think 64 is a lot...
>>
New

>>55687388

>>55687388

>>55687388

>>55687388
>>
>>55687369
>Well on my phone I had 16 + 16 from the SD. And it was too much. I think 64 is a lot...
Good for you lad. Most people can't predict their own deaths and futures so going with a phone that has expandable storage is a good choice.
>>
>>55682208
Nah, go kill yourself.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.