[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alienwares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 960x720px
My mother who know nothing about computers bought me a alienware for Christmas two years ago,and idk if they fucked up but I was supposed to get a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M with 3GB GDDR5,but they fucked up and put in a AMD Radeon R9 M290x and I've just had to deal with it.Now this graphics card is outdated and I can't fucking get a new laptop so I was wondering if it was possible for me to put a new graphics card in and what would you guys think I should put in.I've got now idea when it comes to hardware.Thanks!
>>
>>51570060
Maybe alienware is a small exception but for the most-part, replacing parts on a laptop is a nightmare, or not possible.
The most you can normally replace relatively easily is like a ram stick or a ssd. I dunno about laptop graphics cards, they're probably all tailored to specific laptop models, therefore wouldn't fit into the space you have in the machine when you take yours out.

Just join me and embrace the low settings lifestyle. Guess what, the game is just as fun!
>>
>>51570110
Yeah but the problem is I can not play fallout 4 on low and I can't even get 30 fps
>>
this website is for 18+
>>
>my mother got it for me
because you asked her for it didn't you, tim.
>>
>>51570134
Meanwhile i got solid rock stable 60 on 7950. That proves gaming laptops are bullshit. B u l l s h i t
>>
>>51570060
OP PLS KILL SELF
OP PLS KILL SELF
>>
>>51570199
Yeah they are pretty bullshit, but then again... they are laptops, what do you expect.

Laptop performance has improved from how it was a few years ago but it is still well behind desktops.
It seems like high-end mobile gpus are always comparible to the high-end desktop gpus from say... 3-ish years before they come out

It's not the best performance but on the other hand, when you stay in a lot of hotels and travel for work like I do, it's nice to have shitty-desktop performance that fits into your bag that you can fire up straight away. Or even just meeting up with some friends to play games. Moving a desktop around is an absolute chore.

It's a trade off for the mobility and sometimes works out for the better
>>
>>51570214
Will do daD!
>>
>>51570060
kill yourself
>>>/g/sqt
>>
>>51570060
Stop being such a spoiled little kid who complains about what he got for christmas and be happy that you got anything at all. Fucking faggot.
>>
>>51570199
how the fuck do you get that? i have the same card and i get 60 in the wilderness mostly, but insane drops to like 20 in the cities
>>
>>51570060
>900 series GPU
>christmas 2 years ago
Kill yourself op
>>
>>51570060
Yeah they use an mxm slot or something for the gpu. Find out which spec your slot is (mxm 1, 2, whatever), buy a new gpu from ebay that fits in the slot and you're good to go.
>>
>>51570687
I'm not fucking complaining,I love this laptop its just not up to date and I don't want to mindlessly slam shit into my pc,and because I have no background knowledge,I'm asking people who do have knowledge on this topic
>>
>>51570721
Thats what it said on Alienware,I don't even know what card I was supposed to get,all I know is that I have an amd card and it's outdated
>>
>>51570798
Thank you! I will look into this tomorrow.
>>
>>51570861
The 900 series wasn't a thing in december 2013
>>
>>51570879
Can you read?
>>
>>51570877
Should be in the manual. Of course, if you give me the model number I'll try and help you find out.
>>
>>51570888
>My mother bought me an alienware for christmas 2 years ago
>supposed to have a 970M
The 900 series was released in sept 2014 , you're either underage or this is bad b8.
>>
How the fuck can you not play Fo4 on low. I have an R7 and it werks. Check nexusmods, it helped me a lot.
>>
>>51570893
model number p18e001
Thank you for your help!
>>
>>51570944
I believe it might be damage on the card this thing gets hotter then hell. I've burnt my finger trying to turn it off.
>>
>>51570948
MXM 3.0B
You'll be able to buy pretty much any new gpu. Just make sure you can keep it cool with the existing heatsink.
>>
>>51570110
Nope only a few of the newest gayming laptops have support for swapping graphics chips (they are really not cards in laptops, but a chip that's slightly bigger than a desktop cpu), but even so the cpu is still the same and a mobile graphics chip costs a lot more than a graphics card.
>>
File: op.gif (3MB, 300x203px) Image search: [Google]
op.gif
3MB, 300x203px
>>51570060
>two years ago
>GTX 970M
>>
>not realising that the m290x is superior to the 970m
>m290x release date was jan 9, 2014
>"christmas present 2 years ago"
op is bait
>>
>>51570060
You should clean it..so dusty and dirty
>>
>>51570060

>laptop
>even thinks about videogames

lol. you deserve this pain, OP
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.