[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to give your life meaning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 141tc7m.jpg (33KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
141tc7m.jpg
33KB, 600x800px
I'm a fat slob. I'm apathetic and feel like my life is meaningless.
I'm an autistic khv who unironically empathizes with Elliot in the show Mr. Robot.

How did you guys turn your life around? How did you give it meaning and stop it from seeming so pointless?

I've tried asking others before how to stop feeling so apathetic and they just told me I'm being a drama queen. I really feel like everything's pointless.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>>/r9k/
>>
File: IMG_8725.jpg (116KB, 605x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8725.jpg
116KB, 605x800px
>not deriving meaning from shitposting on 4chan
>>
if you are depressed you should go see a doctor. there's nothing you can do about it on your own. after that it's pretty simple

>stop visiting 4chan or similar boards (biggest waste of time)
>finish school if you haven't
>get a dog so you are forced to go out at least twice a day to get some sun and exercise
>pick up a hobby that involves socializing (climbing, hiking, etc.) (lifting doesn't count)
>>
Well, life isn't meaningless. The meaning life has, without you doing something, is straight up suffering. There's no neutral mode so you create your own meaning. Simple as that, well not simple, because by creating your own meaning, you also create the conditions of your failure and you, might, be too weak to look that in the eye
>>
I used to feel that way too, now I just lift. I don't need a meaning for life, sounds like an excuse not to lift.
>>
File: 1494369921370.png (162KB, 271x274px) Image search: [Google]
1494369921370.png
162KB, 271x274px
sort yourself out
>>
>>42546772
I didn't go to r9k hoping that at least some of you guys have made it. They probably never will.
>>
Deep down, what do you really want? Do you want someone to teach you how to "man up", "tought it out", learn to act properly, and then offer you a few alternative techniques to becoming a standard successful person, to show you a path out of being a loser, etc? Or do you want to actually have some sense of purpose in your life other than the one assigned to you by social conditioning?

Because a lot of people who proclaim apathy and ennui but at the end of the day just want to find in and become rich, sociable and popular like everyone else, what they resent is the fact they lack the means to it. These people usually make the target audience of a murderous row of charlatans who will tell you to rediscover the lost art of "being a man" or whatever. Don't go down this road, because that's just the sort of fantasy you find comforting when you're too lazy to properly work on self-improvement.
>>
>>42546924
>find in
fit in*
>>
File: 1484116617346.jpg (48KB, 288x412px) Image search: [Google]
1484116617346.jpg
48KB, 288x412px
Looks like your parents failed lmao
>>
>>42546924

Thank the mother of fuckers somebody gets it.

Here's your (you).
>>
File: IMG_20170803_211823.jpg (114KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170803_211823.jpg
114KB, 992x558px
>>42546762
you need change
download headspace app
meditate daily
clean up diet
move more
think of what you want and plan to get it
>>
>>42546762
Look up Jordan Peterson's self authoring program.
>>
>>42546762

A. Lose weight. From your description of yourself as a fat slob, that is one thing you can change which will provide some sort of reprieve from your self-loathing. Weight loss isn't necessarily "easy" but it isn't difficult to understand. Eat less, eat better, be more active - voila. You can meme yourself like some soccer mom with a bunch of bullshit or you can just do those three things to whichever extent and whichever way is necessary to escape fatfuckery.

B. GET THE FUCK OFF OF /r9k/. Generally speaking "society" is garbo - but don't be the slinking outsider ultimately wishing you were up to snuff by their standards. Don't wear your outsider status as some faggy badge. Fuck them, do what you want, git gud.

C. Don't even preoccupy yourself with the concept of pussy until you've straightened yourself out. Without a sense of self-respect/value you will only appeal to whores and bottom feeders - not worth the time. Whores are fine, but use them for what they are and move along. If you remain a sadsack you'll fall for the classic mistake of fix-a-ho. SAD.

D. You've got to construct or detect meaning. Full stop. You're the only one who will ultimately assign meaning to anything. There is no meaning without the observer/agent, and you won't be observing or acting through anything but yourself. You can perhaps allow someone to make a case for some shit and try it out as a test, but in the end you're going to make the call. Not something which can be forced.

E. Don't directly ask anyone about this shit unless they seem to have their shit together and some sort of interest in helping you. Otherwise it will come off as whinging - which is contemptible.

Self-pity is for fucking children and will DISGUST others, even if they are too kind to express it.

F. Don't be memed by anyone's bullshit program or rob yourself of all present enjoyment because you think it should be some other way.
>>
>>42546762
The only thing that gives meaning is responsibility.
Family, dog, business what the fuck ever, you gotta have responsibilities.
>>
>>42546762
Lead a Traditional lifestyle.

Be fit. You don't have to lift weight, just do calisthenics and run in order to lose weight.
Learn to learn. Read books, teach yourself how to cook healthy dishes, try to learn a new language. You like Mr Robot? Learn how to code.
The easiest way to make friends is to work. Find a job and save money.
Excellence is a habit. You'll learn to respect yourself by doing respectable things. Avoid any other board than /fit/, /lit/ /fa/, /his/, /adv/ and /biz/. Avoid baits and focus on serious threads.

Tradition is important, knowledge which survived through ages is more reliable than any progressive idea. The modern, progressive world rely on a materialistic worldview where desires are meant to be satisfied solely through consumption. That's why you feel empty, because you know there's something more to life than work and buy things.
>>
>>42546806
this

check out his bible series
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/adv/18633427
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.