[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fat/ - Saturday Morning Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 52

File: ff14.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ff14.png
1MB, 800x800px
>Who is /fat/ for?
It's for /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage.
http://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure.)
http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week.
http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones.
https://www.myfitnesspal.com

---

What are you eating and up to this morning bros? Just had some light breaded chicken and greek yogurt, and am playing some Overwatch
>>
At what bf% do you start seeing face gains bros? 5'11 here went from 200 lbs to around 170 and so far clothes fit a bit better but my face and legs look exactly the same.
>>
File: 1421702018246.jpg (172KB, 680x962px) Image search: [Google]
1421702018246.jpg
172KB, 680x962px
>>42402822
>too autismal for gym
>too autismal (and it's too hot) to run
Is pic related a good routine to start?
>>
>>42403159
its better than nothing but it still sucks

just goto the gym man, nobody cares about you
>>
>>42403159

was going to post this almost word for word

>>42403172
>>
>>42403159
English is not my native language but ,wouldn't it be autistic instead of autismal?
>>
>>42403189
"too austistic" would be more grammatically correct but "too autismal" works well enough colloquially
>>
>>42403172
Nah, my local gyms are flamboyant chad centrals. I'm not going anywhere near (again). Also, what body weight ex. would you recommend instead?

>>42403189
It's a meme
>>
File: 9842439.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9842439.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>scale keeps going down
>BF% stays the same

HELP
>>
>>42403248
How are you measuring your BF%?
>>
>>42401612
Your brain can only run on glucose, so if you don't eat any carbs, your body begins to degrade proteins (google "urea cycle") just for some brain food. And that's a waste of muscle
>>
>>42403259

An electronic scale. I know they are somewhat of a meme but its still saying the same when it was going down previously.
>>
>>42403143
5'11" here too, 166 now but was 140 a while ago. At 140 was pretty nice and slim, but also had absolutely no muscle or weight lifting experience whatsoever so it'd probably be a higher weight now with the muscle. Probably depends on bf%
>>
File: tumblr_ole66vHACg1ql5yr7o1_500.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ole66vHACg1ql5yr7o1_500.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>42403270
mine only shows a difference when theres like a 3% difference - and it doesnt go below 9% somehow, get one of those 'grab ur ab-fat and measure it' scales for bf, theyre better and more reliable
>>
>>42403259
my old belt from college when I was last /fit/
>>
>was 90kg (borderline obese)
>now 65kg (borderline underweight)
>still have a belly and small mantits
SEND HELP
>>
>>42403310
time to lift
>>
18 years old, 175 cm, 66-something kilos
In no way do I want to get buff, I just want to look slimmer. How much weight would I have to lose to manage to do that?
>>
>>42403310
Are you me?
>>
>>42403313
Will it actually help? I stopped losing weight when I reached 80 the first time and started lifting but there was no effect, which is why I have been cutting to (so far) 65. I guess now that I'm at 65 it will magically become effective?
>>
>>42403338
what routine were you doing and how long were you doing it for before you quit?
>>
>>42403296
And cost very little on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/p/2pcs-Caliper-Analyzer-Slim-Health-Measure-Body-Fat-Skinfold-Tester-Keep-Fitness/1739688535?iid=172330545249
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 716x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 716x570px
I'm going back to uni in about a month and am going to be eating at the cafeteria there. Usually eat the same thing every day; eggs, Greek yogurt, protein bars, salmon and lentils. Seriously doubt most of that will be available daily. Also a pescatarian.
Any advice for sticking to healthy things without having to buy a lot? Have a meal plan and don't want to waste that but also really want to stay on track as I feel so much better when I am.
>>
>>42403353
5x5 deadlifts, squats, bench press and 3x10 back extension for 3 months
>>
>>42403379
were you adding weight?
what was your calorie intake? protein?

I literally don't know how you couldn't see progress doing that for that long.
But yeah if you just go back to that or SS/SL/GSKP, but with a calorie surplus and a lot of protein you'd probably look a lot better than you do now in a couple months.
>>
>know what to do
>can't bring myself to do it

Who here No Will mode?
>>
File: Indian Native American.jpg (124KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
Indian Native American.jpg
124KB, 576x960px
>>42402822
Anyone here have back pain because of how fat they are? I have a bad back already, but my weight makes it worse.

Feels bad man.
>>
>>42403532

Please realize your choices in life and pick the right one
>>
>>42403406
I went from 1pl8 deadlifts to 2pl8, half-pl8 presses to 1pl8, back extension was at 100lbs at the end (don't recall what it started at), and squats were at 1.5pl8 starting at 1pl8.
I was doing ~1g protein per lb.
Of course I saw progress, but not the progress I care about foremost (getting rid of the fucking mantits and belly).
Although I also don't know if my progress was good or bad, but at least it was going somewhere.
>>
>tfw really want to binge eat right now
lads give me strength

also since ive been losing weight the veins on my wrist are protruding a lot more. kind of freaks me out honestly, seems like theyre about to burst out my arm sometimes
>>
>>42403726
keto is life, keto is love. But most importantly, keto keeps you in control and prevents you from feeling hunger.
>>
>>42403535
>Indian Native American
>girl is clearly germanic

really make me think
>>
>>42403767
>keto keeps you in control and prevents you from feeling hunger
keto is unsustainable in the long run.
>>
>>42403767
honestly hope you choke to death on your cheesy bacon strips

go pitch your atkins shit to the overweight soccer moms looking for a quick fix
it isn't wanted here
>>
>>42403726
Some research say that you have to give it a year before the hunger is gone. You're not done when you lost your weight, your done when the new weight is your normal weight
>>
>>42403897
So you're saying that losing weight isnt the hardest part?
>>
File: 1499850134190.jpg (98KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1499850134190.jpg
98KB, 640x625px
My fat ass self started going to this local gym two months ago, been cutting good and working out.

Then three days ago I unknowingly scraped the back end of one of the owner's brand new bmw with my shitbox in the tiny ass parking lot. I sorted it out with her yesterday, and it took a lot of strength to overcome my autism and go to the gym the same day. I'm not going to bitch out, I'll keep going, but how do I overcome the awkwardness of damaging her brand new car in what seems to be something she purchased in pride of her success? Fuck, it makes me not want to go back there.
>>
>>42403997
Put it behind you, you can't change what has already happen.
>>
>>42403710
well your only options are to start lifting or keep cutting. But if you are pushing underweight I'd say just bulk a bit, accept that you might gain some fat back and then cut.
Even if you still have some fat in those areas after you'd look better than if you just kept cutting until they were gone.
>>
>>42403364
Has being a pescatarian helped you in any significant way or is it a moral thing?
>>
Are pendlay rows with dumbbells effective?
>>
>>42403785
>that nose
>those features
>germanic
not at all
>>
About to go to the gym for the first time tomorrow. Any tips ?
>>
>>42402822
I have trouble getting to my calorie limit when I'm cutting I got fat as fuck eating tons of sugar and fried shit, almost to 300 lbsNow I'm at 235 lbs and I need to stay under 1800 calories but it I can't seem to get past 1400 with healthy food
I cut off everything sugary or unhealthy and I lost my entire appetite over the past year
I barely feel like eating more than 1k calories a day and I'm losing weight but I have super intense sugar cravings
Any way to get my appetite back? I think I'm fucked
>>
File: 1495495060404.jpg (7KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
1495495060404.jpg
7KB, 226x223px
>weigh in for family weight loss thing tomorrow
>want to water fast until tomorrow to win that money
>not making it

I'm hungry
>>
>>42405535
How much? I know I'd be at my goal weight if money was involved.
>>
File: 1500858364983.png (304KB, 388x370px) Image search: [Google]
1500858364983.png
304KB, 388x370px
I went to overeaters anon tonight. It was a bunch of pudgy elderly womanlets. felt kind of creepy having everyone say my name is anon and I'm a compulsive eater every time they spoke.

I dont think i want to show up to that every week
>>
>>42403364
tfw poorfag and i get a free loaf a bread every day that is donated to the college
>>42403785
BLEACHED
>>
>>42403997
>>42404023
also cunts should know if they drive around an expensive car it might get dinged up

>>42405369
dont fall for the cardio only meme that is bitch shit. If the weight racks are packed do isometric shit to kill time
>>
File: doit.jpg (199KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
doit.jpg
199KB, 1632x1224px
>>42403726
>really want to binge
Do it. Just make sure you stop at some point.
Eating and losing weight slowly aren't the end of the world.
>>
>>42405622
Are you a compulsive eater? Are you really incapable of saying "fuck this, I'm not eating this unhealthy shit until my scheduled cheat day"?
>>
File: salad1.webm (2MB, 266x480px) Image search: [Google]
salad1.webm
2MB, 266x480px
>>42405667
I overeat a lot and figured going to an IRL thing might help motivate me.

desu "compulsive eater" just seemed like a girl euphemism for fat fuck with no self control
>>
>>42403791
Keto was literally developed so that it is infinitely sustainable. Go be clinically retarded elsewhere.
>>
>>42405726
You really believe that people will be on keto diet for the rest of their lives?
>>
>>42405743
Are you really going to refuse to inform yourself even after having demonstrated the most lack of understanding of any subject anyone on 4chan has ever demonstrated?
>>
>>42405752
Can you link me to a diet journal of someone who consistently stayed in keto for 5+ years?
I mean there should be tons of those, how old is mfp?
Even better, some controlled study with regular check-ins.
>>
Keto gives me explosive diarrhea and I don't think any diet that does that to you is natural or good for you.
>>
File: Smurf Vorg.jpg (33KB, 300x384px) Image search: [Google]
Smurf Vorg.jpg
33KB, 300x384px
>>42405782
that happens to me when I haven't eaten much during the day, it's not really a good sign, yeah. Stop following meme diets.
>>
Wait, can you seriously just log onto MyFitnessPal, not put anything on it, and still get your streak extended simply for being on the page? I was out late last night running errands and didn't get home until after midnight, realized that I didn't log any food, but the fact that I went on the website before running errands extended my streak?

What the hell?
>>
>>42405605
Only like $60

they insist on splitting it between the top 2 which is bullshit. I won last month and I'll probably win this month even if I do eat today.
>>
>>42405782
The same thing happened to me when I started but it went away after a few weeks.
>>
>>42403159
>too autismal for gym
nobody gives two fucks about you at the gym.
>>
>>42405955
I have a job man. I can't have explosive diarrhea for weeks and hope I get over it.
>>
>>42405780
not him but it was used to treat epilepsy in children for a while until better drugs were made available

as a weight loss aid (and let's face it, a cult) it's pretty useless for anything but positive affirmation that if you feel like crap, you're losing weight
>>
I bought a jar of peanut butter thinking I could control myself and now I'm 900 calories over my goal.

You live and you learn.
>>
>>42406112
Put some rolled up toilet paper in your buttcrack.
>>
>>42405743
I can't wait until Joe Rogan dies of a heart attack so the keto meme can die.
>>
>>42406609
Why the fuck do so many people eat peanut butter like it's the greatest fucking food in the world?

How does anyone in these threads who is trying to lose weight allow peanut butter in their house? It's not just you anon, but so many of the fucks in this thread eat peanut butter, once of the most dense caloric foods ever, and think it's all going to be okay. It's batshit insane. Throw it away. Just fucking dump it.
>>
>>42406681
I think it's an american staple
all their candy and cereal seems to have a peanut butter variant
we have it here, but it's very unpopular
>>
IF Fags and other dieters:
Post your next meal time and what you're gonna eat

7:30 EDT
Filipino Food Edition
Chicken Adobo 1 cup
White Rice 2 cups

(eating a lot today because I will do a full day fast tomorrow which I do every sunday)
>>
Weekends are horrible.
I get so restless sitting infront of the screen, not having any obligation to get up early on Saturday or Sunday. Lonely - knowing I will stare at this blue screen all day, and my only comfort is food and beer.
Then I get hung over, skips gym as I had planned to go to, eat two portions of pizza. Had frozen them in different plastic bags for it to keep more days, but hey, why not take two of them.
And ice cream, since I had intended for that to be my cheat this weekend. A good, tasty, expensive ice cream that I would cherish. Hah, ate half of it after the pizza..

A part of me rationalize it with having a fresh start. Like now, I technically don't have much junk food in the house since I ate it. So next week will probably repeat itself. I will not eat much from Monday till Thursday, decide that since it's weekend, I should get a treat, and that includes alcohol, since some deluded part of me wishes to be invited to a gathering with actual people and have a few beers and a good time (tfwnogf). Not sure if I want beer or wine, so why not both?

It's mostly lonely.
>>
>>42403532
Stop drinking alcohol at least for a while
>>
>>42406729
If you can't handle over eating shit then you should throw it away. I don't keep zebra cakes and Doritos in my home because I know I'd just eat it all. Everyone has their weakness.

Why not just toss the pee nut bluber?
>>
>>42406762
>my only comfort is food and beer.

It sounds very miserable relying on happiness on such dangerous and capricious things. I don't want to sound high and mighty but look into Buddhism and meditation.

>Then I get hung over, skips gym as I had planned to go to, eat two portions of pizza. Had frozen them in different plastic bags for it to keep more days, but hey, why not take two of them.

You can see your own cycle of destruction and suffering... the wise thing to do is to not repeat that same cycle of sufffering. Restraint is the key. again, sorry If I seem high and mighty but this verse is very relevant to us here in /fat/:

Verse 231. The Person Of Bodily Discipline

Rough action one should guard against,
be with body well-restrained,
bad bodily conduct having shed
train oneself in good.

Explanation: Guard against the physical expression of emotions. Be restraint in physical behaviour. Give up physical misconduct. Practice wholesome physical behaviour.
>>
>>42406762
>not having any obligation to get up early on Saturday or Sunday
Go to Church.
>>
>>42406762
>>42406853
Unironically this. Doesn't even matter if you don't believe in it. Church is a wholesome environment that will take you in and help you get to know locals.
>>
>>42406812
I forgot masturbation though. It's in there somewhere too. Leaves me drained and the hung over horniness is a bitch. It doesn't give me anything, it's just a chore.
My biggest issue is the time aspect. It's so long till I'm in demand. 60 hours or so where nobody has any expectations of me, it's too much. I don't know what to do with it. What makes it a paradox is that if I have plans, my entire weekend is ruined.
I got plans to play tennis tomorrow, and I will go, but I can't help but to obsess over it. It's been like that for a while, when I was studying aka not attending lectures, I was a volunteer in a student group. Even if I had a shift a month in advance, I just counted down to the horror of having to do it. All the things that could go wrong, all the things I would mess up. The simple things "everyone" knew, I failed to do. Common anxiety really.

It's so frustrating to having to work against your upbringing, your thoughts, your emotions, while receiving no support (some of the issue is that I don't see support for what it is), and at the same time using the same "broken" mental mind to fix or deal with what's broken.
>>
>>42405516
1. Learn to fucking type and use proper grammar.
2. It sounds like you have an appetite but just for shitty foods. Just keep eating healthy and resist temptation and hopefully they will go away.
>>
>>42406897
> I just counted down to the horror of having to do it.
I feel you on this one

I do this all the time when I'm at work or at school instead of just living the moment, I'm somewhere else, either counting down the seconds until I'm free or figuring out ways to get out of the responsibility.

I say you learn some meditation, man. It's like the mental version of fasting. Go Heal, repair, relax, and be at ease.
>>
>>42406762
>i'm lonely and have nothing to do
>i sit inside all day and stuff my face
>i skip the gym

You have the best kind of problems, ones you create for yourself. This is good becaue it means you can easily fix them. Wake up early and go to the gym. Go to the park for a walk. Try and make plans with people you know and if that's not an option then look into ways to meet new people. Get a fucking dog. Go make an account on a dating site. Fucking go do some bullshit hobby like bowling or golf. Create some amount of excitement in your life.
>>
>my mind on keto
Lemme get uhhhhh a carton of eggs scrambled, the whole package of bacon and a gallon of water
>>
>>42406981
That's true. I do however, have an issue with independence. I'm like a slave that's suddenly freed from his master and then left on his own. All that really happened in the analogy is that any stability and decissionmaking is now gone.
Riddled with anxiety when I'm outside. Doubting myself in every minute way. I don't want to do that, I want to have something constructive to go to. I have as long as I know wanted something to do, to look forward to when I had enough free time.
The issue is that I had the opposite problem, I had too much free time. I never understood how people could juggle spending time with friends, playing football, doing homework since I did neither of that.

Like with planning dinners for next week, or have some overreaching arc of what I'll have. What I end up doing is waiting till Monday. The whole day tomorrow will mostly be waiting for "eating healthy", and actively not eating crap. Constantly thinking about how I shouldn't eat cookies at work, have hot chocolate from the coffeemachine, and not use too much butter or any at all when searing whatever meat or vegetables I'm having. Not take two portions, but still make enough so it's enough for two so I have dinner for another day - another day of waiting with the exact same things.

I'm the kid that looked forward to school starting in holidays since that meant order and structure.
Another issue with working out and diet is that most of it comes from absence. You don't get three hours during the day between work and bed time where you eat healthy and improve or get enjoyment of doing the activity of eating healthy.

I guess i can say now that I look forward to Monday since that means going to the gym, and then I can be acclaimed as someone who went to the gym.

I'm somewhat aware of my issues, where they stem from, what they consists of, and while the solution seems straight forward, the act of not ruining the way to success is hard.
>>
File: med104694_0509_vanilla_cake_sq.jpg (286KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
med104694_0509_vanilla_cake_sq.jpg
286KB, 1500x1500px
All I want is some god damn cake.

I've been on this diet for 2 months now. I've lost 20 pounds, but all I want is some fucking cake.

I don't even want that much cake, like a slice of vanilla cake. I could go to publix right now and get a slice of cake if I really wanted.

I can literally taste it. I know exactly what I would feel when it hit my tongue. I want it so god damn. I can't even describe with words how much I want to taste that cake right now.

Hell, I'd at least be at break even for today even if I got the cake, I bet I'd still be under TDEE. I've only eaten 1700 calories so far. One slice of cake isn't going to ruin my diet.

But I'm not going to get it. I can't buy that reasoning. I can diet all I want, but I'll never make it if I let myself think fat.

It's not about the calories, it isn't about the math. The impulse inside me that drives me to want that cake is the very reason I can't allow myself to have it. I'm not making deals with or rationalizing with that part of me anymore. I'm beating it into submission and dictating the terms.

Fuck that cake.
>>
>>42406759
11:30 am EDT

Blackened chicken
1/2 cup rice
ceaser salad
>>
>>42407686
What was your starting weight and where are you now?
>>
>>42407686
Don't lose the fight brother , that guy is your worst enemy, that guy is you ...
>>
>>42407686

Have you had any cheat meals?

Cheat meals are actually great since they supposedly keep your body from "getting used to" healthy foods. I notice the most relief from the psychological boost they give. Keep them to where you go no more than 750 calories above TDEE and no more than once a week.
>>
>>42407121
I felt like you for a long time. Trapped in a shitty cycle of drinking and fucking up everything on the weekends.

You've gotta find something. I've been going outside, alone, on hikes every weekend. At first it was a struggle but now I really look forward to it. I get up early just like I would for work, sometimes earlier, but I go to a trailhead instead of my job. It's really rewarding to complete a hike or reach a summit. I'm not saying it's gonna be your thing but it's a new hobby I've embraced that also fits in with my health goals. I know you can find something too.
>>
>>42407791

250 last august

198 this morning 28% BF 36% Muscle 5'7
>>
Is running 2 miles* for 5 days out of the week and a healthy diet enough to lose weight.

*Will increase as I get better, Intermittent sprinting, power walking, walking
>>
>>42403159
All of these infographs are useless, anon
Search the sticky for a real programme
>>
>>42407887

You'd be way better off walking a further distance, than running a shorter one.

Weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise, I think your focus is in the wrong place. Count your calories and come up with a TDEE, eat below that. Thats how you lose weight.
>>
do you get stronger boners when you lose weight?
>>
File: 1501523275633.gif (16KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1501523275633.gif
16KB, 633x758px
>tfw have been losing weight like crazy ever since i got a labor job

im at 173 now normal body weight at 5'10

soon ill be at my goal weight of 155 lbs
>>
>>42407905
Thank you. I keep asking the same sort of dumb questions because I never know if I'm doing it right and I'm always trying to find that perfect plan. But I'm sorry. I shouldn't be so lazy.
>>
>>42407944

If you are decently rotund young/middle age male, if you eat 1500-1800 calories a day, you will lose weight. Everything else besides that is window dressing. Religiously count your calories, weigh your food and eat that many calories and you will lose weight.

Be sure to eat foods high in fiber and or good fats, as those will make you feel full.
>>
>>42403241

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE CHADS

maybe you'd be a chad if you manned up and worked hard for once
>>
>chicken breast
>brown rice
>frozen vegetables
Is this a good lunch to not be fat
>>
>>42407686
don't waste your cake calories on Publix cake it's not worth it

t. A Publix employee
>>
File: 1501476696217m.jpg (63KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501476696217m.jpg
63KB, 702x1024px
What hobbies do you guys have? Looking towards getting into some that require me to be somewhat active? I was looking at woodworking or welding.

How are you guys on social skills? I was hoping to improve them a bit, I can talk to people easily in a work environment but not so much in real caring way.

Lastly, what's your favorite thing to cook?
>>
I must confess
>>
>>42408204
I enjoy reading, writing, hunting, fishing, running, cooking, and hiking. My social skills are decent, I hang out with friends at least once a week. I like to cook chicken tacos or chicken enchiladas though since i've been losing weight (I've lost 85 lbs) I haven't had them much
>>
File: 1501610016526.png (131KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501610016526.png
131KB, 800x800px
>>42408209
Confess your sins...
>>
>>42408248
I haven't counted my calories in 3 weeks and I've re-gained 3 pounds, and I've been slipping into poor eating habits again
I've been half-assing it at the gym

today I was doing well, logged into MFP and charted my calories, and was set to hit my calorie goal and then I went and ate two cinnamon rolls my mom brought home

I'm essentially falling back into a state of indifference. I want to keep losing fat but I've lost my drive

forgive me /fat/her
>>
>>42408204
It's not something everyone can get into because space is an issue, but I enjoy gardening. Growing your own fruits and vegetables is rewarding and delicious.

My social skills still suck, yet they have improved. Perhaps finding friends online and talking to them in a call will help get you on the path.

I'm not going to lie...It's brownies with a dark chocolate ganache and buttered, salted pecans.
For something healthy, cutting a large pork loin into thick steaks and cooking them on the grill. Lots of proteins and awesome flavor. Tastes great with a spinach salad or cucumber and tomato salad.
>>
>>42408289
Start counting your calories again,start putting effort into the gym and whenever your given a fatty food just throw it into the trash, only then can you be forgiven
>>
>>42408248
I ate an extra 2 table spoons of peanut butter and drank an extra 8oz of almond milk cause I was too lazy to cook my chicken breasts.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170805-212531.png (246KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170805-212531.png
246KB, 1440x2560px
>>42408248
>>
>havent been to gym for two weeks because injury and illness, healed enough to go back either today or tomorrow, haven't been eating much due to sickness so may be weak
>should i pick back up where I left off with my routine or lower the weights slightly

I'm still in noob mode so I was only at 20kg press / 25kg row
>>
I can't get into the habit of actually losing weight. Every week I put in a bunch of effort for a couple days, doing exercise and cutting 500 under or outright fasting, I half-ass a couple days with no exercise and maintenance, and one day I somehow wind up with a cheat that goes 500 or 1000 over maintenance. I wind up losing like a half lb a week.

How do I undo my retardedness and cut properly? I feel like I'm putting in a lot of work when I do it, even though I kind of hate it, but any kind of laziness or cheating cancels it out. Even on a perfect week, I only lose 1 or 2 lbs, and I never keep that up because I'm retarded. What can I do to coerce myself to actually drop 50lbs in less than a decade?
>>
>>42407686
Just have your fucking cake. If you don't learn how to treat garbage food as a rare but normal treat you're not gonna make it. Someday in the far future you're gonna crack.
>>
>>42402822
Anyone else here tried 5-HTP? I just got it today after perusing Examine.com about it, it's supposed to keep carb cravings down and thus far today it's worked like a charm. The science behind it seems legit
>>
>>42407686
I wish Murrica had less calorific options for treats. Any other country offers smaller portions as well, and even the same portion size has half the sugar and less fat but is still a decent bit of cake.

MAXIMUM SUGAR is great sometimes but when its the only option, I don't even want it because I usually just want some normal fucking cake. We're capitalists, why are lardbaskets the only demographic that groceries cater to.
>>
>tfw barrel chest and also gyno
is there a worse combo?
>>
>eat a pizza with family and go out for a burger with for lunch the next day with friend after eating clean for and lifting ~2 months
>gain 6lbs
What. The. Fuck. How in the hell did I basically maintain the same weight when I didn't work out but still ate like this all the time?
>>
File: 30 days - 2017-08-05.png (21KB, 760x401px) Image search: [Google]
30 days - 2017-08-05.png
21KB, 760x401px
>only lost 5 pounds in july
reeeeee

those 2 big fuckup days (and a couple smaller, but still bad, fuckups) really fucked me over
>>
>>42408736
water
>>
>>42408761
I don't think 3 days is gonna ruin 30 days of being on point
>>
>>42408470
There is no magic trick. You just have to want it, got to make the decision that your health, looking good and getting mires from girls is more important than ordering that pizza. Once you can say no the first time, it becomes much easier to resist after.
>>
>>42408736
Pizza has an insane amount of sodium so your body is now retaining 6 more lb of water. It will come off in a weeks time of regular sodium intake.
>>
>>42408470
Your desire for your goal body needs to be stronger than the desire to put that extra 500-1000 calories in your mouth.
>>
>>42408790
my goal is 8-10lbs/week

on those 3 days i had 10.3k calories vs my goal of 4.5k, a 5800 calorie surplus, which is nearly 2 pounds
>>
>>42408838
>8-10 lbs a week
and approximately how long do you expect to live
>>
>>42408838
I mean I'm no expert myself but 8-10lbs/week is pretty fucking insane ins't it? That's the kind of shit you see on the Biggest Loser and they do nothing but cardio and shit every single day with world class trainers and their meals taken care of for them.
>>
>>42403241
>Buying into the Chad meme
Jesus Christ just go fucking lift and stop making excuses. No one's gonna make fun of you for going to the gym regularly. Unless they're fat.
>>
Is there another fattie out there interested in an accountability partner to text?

Bonus points if you hate fat people are enough of an asshole to remind me of my subhumanity daily.
>>
>tfw people always recommend fpht for motivation
>tfw you're a lefty liberal so you see through the obvious bait/fake posts and can't take any of them seriously and subsequently can't be motivated by them

I still fucking hate fat people though
>>
>>42404111
Nice trips
It's a thing of principle I guess. But I can't really say I'm perfect about it cause I still eat eggs on the daily and it's not from free range farms or anything so they grind up the baby chicks that are male..
>>
>>42405093
Why wouldn't they be?
>>
>>42408248
I ate a lot of chicken and rice today :o greasy too
>>
>>42403296
Holy shit go back to tumblr please
>>
>>42402822
What does /fat/ think of this thread?
>>42409008
>>
>>42406650
>keto
most people that die of heart attacks did not have high cholesterol.
also keto in the long run actually decreases blood cholesterol (especially triglycerides and LDL). you know what fucks people up cholesterol wise? high fat + high carb.
>>
>>42406774
wrong person
>>
>>42407934
opposite
got a job at a bakery
>>
>>42403535
I had really bad crippling lower back pain.
When I dropped 40-50 lbs it mostly went away. Though I'm about 20-30 away from my goal so it stands to get better. You put in the effort and your back will love you for it, trust me.
>>
370lbs / 28 m reporting in.
When do I start strength training? More than light cardio? I can't even touch my toes how the fuck am I supposed to pull off a proper squat form? and isn't it difficult to cut and strength train at the same time?
currently I'm eating at 50% deficit, low carb, enough protein, and whatever is left with fat.
>>
>>42409810
I wouldn't start until you're close to your goal weight

can still lift just don't be trying to bulk and gain strength, just focus on losing weight first
>>
>>42409810
If you start lifting now you won't get enough success to keep you motivated and you will fail at weightless AND weightlifting.

Better to just lose weight for now and succeed. Then you can build on your success later.
>>
>>42409810
Just focus on cutting for now. If you stick to a 50% deficit you'll lose a lot of weight really fast. I would wait until you're at least under 300 before really worrying about lifting or serious exercise. Of course walking will do you plenty good though.

Also, what's your height? That really makes a big difference.
>>
>>42409987
6'0"
>>
>>42410008
6'0 at 370lbs puts you at a 50.2 BMI. I'd wait until you're closer to a 35 BMI before getting serious with the exercise. But really it's up to you, do what you think you're able and comfortable with and ask a doctor if you're truly unsure.
>>
File: 1487987128829.jpg (29KB, 285x357px) Image search: [Google]
1487987128829.jpg
29KB, 285x357px
>>42408453
sweet jesus son
you went full bench breaker
never go full bench breaker
>>
File: 1493004443908.jpg (469KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1493004443908.jpg
469KB, 5000x5000px
>>42408838
>10lbs a week
I hope they find your corpse quickly, before it starts to smell
>>
>>42407917
Usually, yeah, but it depends. Not hard to fuck up your hormones and get a bit of ED if you're exercising a lot and eating little.
>>
currently 71 kg, 175cm (5 foot 9)
lost alot of weight (pic related) but not quite happy.
should i stop dieting and start doing ab excersizes or whatever ?
just not sure where to go from here since i reached my goal of not being fat.
>>
File: IMG_20170805_225828_01.jpg (2MB, 3480x4640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170805_225828_01.jpg
2MB, 3480x4640px
fuck it, I guess this is where I belong at this point
Anyone have a recommended routine and nutrition setup for me?
6'3", 225ish, and about 30-35%bf going by rough estimates
>>
Instead of driving to in n out I drove to the gym totally unplanned ! I am skipping dinner
>>
>>42410765
You look heavier then 230 to me bro
>>
>>42410721
>ab excersizes
Just do SS/SL/GSLP

>>42410765
Just do SS/SL/GSLP while eating at a deficit

It's like you guys haven't even read the sticky
>>
>>42402822

high carb man here, weight-in this morning,

CW:179lbs
total lost: 160lbs
since May: 26lbs

how you doing /fat/?
>>
>>42409381

please, I had 286 (or around that) triglycerides after 2 months of keto diet

worst meme yet
>>
>>42411110
Wow 160 lost that's impressive, nice work. What's your goal weight?
>>
>>42411173

155-160 and then I'll start to permabulk (+250cal) to build up some muscle mass, for now, the only progress I made into the gym are strength related which is really good, but i didn't gain any actual mass since 2 years ago, luckily I was enough active to have somehow a bit over average (for a 354lbs man) lean mass (big calves), anyway, losing weight it's the easy part, the hard part is the skin... The fun part is, I don't have excessive skin where you expected to be, genetics, go figure.
>>
File: 20170802_164435.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170802_164435.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>42408485
I started taking 5htp a week ago by suggestion from a doctor for depression because I said I wouldn't take medication. Dunno if it's working g yet. Also taking GABA, l-tyrosine, and pantothenic acid.
>>
I drank roughly 250 ml vodka and 1.5 liters of beer last night plus chips and nuts.

How badly did I fuck up
>>
>>42411449
Just count the calories lol
nuts and beer are going to fuck you over tho
>>
>>42409810
>all these people telling you to not lift

What the fuck happened to these threads?
>>
File: 1475160623705.jpg (20KB, 304x410px) Image search: [Google]
1475160623705.jpg
20KB, 304x410px
>>42403338
>he didn't lift while losing weight
They never learn
>>
Actually loosing too much weight atm, cant wait untill im lanklet mode.
>>
>>42408248
had 2 bites of a coconut cookie yesterday
might finish it today
>>
File: IMG_20170806_111208462.jpg (4MB, 2592x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170806_111208462.jpg
4MB, 2592x4608px
How am i doing aesthetically?

Should i go all in to make myself look better, or just do casual exercise for a better health?
>>
File: 1466317261800.jpg (70KB, 554x921px) Image search: [Google]
1466317261800.jpg
70KB, 554x921px
>tfw the scale says error
>>
>>42408858
>>42408882
>>42410109
8-10lbs per month, my bad

i was a little sleep deprived
>>
>>42411704
skinnyfat, truly the worst of both worlds
>>
>>42411704
Keep cutting for a bit, after a clean bulk you should be good to go.
>>
Helpful videos for my fellow /fat/asses
https://youtu.be/ztiHRiFXtoc
https://youtu.be/YPl0naO6GR0
>>
fat fucks
>>
>>42411797
This is the most helpful video I've found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA
>>
>>42411797
I fucking hate these whiteboard videos
>>
went full-on peckish mode then
stopped myself before it turned into a binge

this has been happening more frequently since I hit 150
change of strategy required maybe
I keep getting to this loop of
>I can't keep binging, something needs to change
>I don't to up my calories, it's only an excuse to eat more
then forget about it until next time
>>
How do you sitract yourself from going to fastfood for some snacks?

I haven't eat any fastfood for 12 days already and now I started to have this urge to go and grab some.
I hate this feeling.
It just constantly in my head. This is annoying.
>>
>>42412067
just don't.
or
Eat 3 pounds of broccoli
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (94KB, 715x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg
94KB, 715x800px
>google something about weight loss
>find an old thread on a weight loss forum
>see the answer but look at the signature
>they are super positive about losing weight and look forward to being at a healthy weight
>look at their profile
>they stopped posting a few months later
why do i do this to myself
>>
>>42412067
just don't buy it. i have a horrible problem where if i have peanut butter in the house or something else i can binge on, i'll eat the whole thing in a day or two.

same with chips and some other stuff.

i just had to stop buying it and it makes things so much easier
>>
>>42412067
If your diet is on point and your losing weight each week just enjoy some junk on one day a week or every two weeks.
>>
>>42412085
I don't have any diet.
I just eat less and eat something more healthy like fruit salads, chicken breasts or curd with banana mix.
I run eveyday for half a hour but I can't see if there is any progress since my weighing-machine is broken.
>>
>>42412075
90% of weight loss forums tend to be
>Hey everyone!
>Really excited to start my journey
>lost 4lbs so far
then nothing
>>
>>42412100
It sounds like you don't have a system which is recipe for failure.

If your diet is an afterthought, your body will be an afterthought. - Evan Centopani
>>
>>42412085
This honestly, but I wouldn't recommend that to someone only 12 days in. Gotta get some real consistent results before you have anything to cheat on.

>>42412100
>just eat less
>something more healthy

count your calories, if you don't know how many calories you consume a day, you don't know how healthy you are actually eating.
>>
>>42412104
>>42412075
the worst is when you see the old people trying to lose weight and then they just suddenly stop

i hope they are ok
>>
>>42412104
So like these threads?

>I lost 3 kg in two weeks, I can't believe how easy it is, we're all gonna make it brah, here I made this fat wojak meme!

How many actual progress pic have you seen posted here?
>>
>>42412131

There are a lot of those posts, but also a lot of other posts from people that lost a lot more. But yeah, for every one of those posts there are probably a couple other lurkers they tried for a week or two and gave up.

I remember there was this one guy that posted every day about how he was losing weight eating waffles and crepes every day because of IIFYM and people would call him a retard that was never going to make it, and then they just suddenly stopped one day.
>>
File: weight progress.jpg (775KB, 4125x1300px) Image search: [Google]
weight progress.jpg
775KB, 4125x1300px
>>42412131
>How many actual progress pic have you seen posted here?
Part of that could be that a lot of faggots come in these threads to troll.

I used to post my month to month progress but inevitably somebody would troll about not seeing any progress so I just stopped eventually
>>
File: t3_5hlu79.jpg (110KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5hlu79.jpg
110KB, 1152x2048px
So what is the recommended amount to lose without getting loose skin? It's about 2 lbs max you can lose a week right?
>>
What happened to the fatfuck that posted his pic every day? Already gave up? He didn't even last a month.
>>
>>42412163
Loose skin is more about your age and starting weight. If you are big enough there is no way to get rid of it without surgery, but EVERYONE is better off with loose skin than being obese.

2 lbs a week is just the maximum recommended sustainable loss rate for minimizing muscle loss.

>>42412172
I miss that guy. Really wanted him to make it.
>>
>uni starting in a month
>only just started losing 2 months ago, still have 50lb to lose at least

This is not a good feeling.
>>
>>42412131
160lbs down but I ain't mad enough to post myself on here
>>
>>42412131
As if id be stupid enough to post my pics here.
Currently 9kg down.
>>
>>42412183

Ah I see, I'm 235-240ish at 6ft 3, 21. You reckon I can do most of it without looseskin?

(I will be losing the weight either way, just finding out)
>>
>>42412225
Most likely yeah, that isn't even that bad.
>>
>>42410765
>6'3 225ish
Yeah you aren't 225ish, try 260 or maybe even higher
>>
>>42412231
I suppose, I think it's still considered obese, albeit right on the nose of it.

Thanks chap.
>>
File: DE59ak2XoAAA_Z9.jpg (80KB, 846x1152px) Image search: [Google]
DE59ak2XoAAA_Z9.jpg
80KB, 846x1152px
>>42410765
Same height here, and I look much skinnier (no offense to you mate) and I'm around 240lbs. If you aren't lying then you are unlucky as fuck with your weight placement (if that's even a thing idk), and if you are lying... what's the point? We are all trying to lose weight here man.
>>
>>42412100
Dude you are setting yourself up for failure, get a scale, make a meal plan, stick to it, reap rewards and then reward yourself from time to time.
>>
>>42402822
Hey /fat/ you 260 you guys think I can reach my goal for 190 next year?
>>
>>42412283
I started at 270 and got down to 190 in a year.
Just aim for 1.5 pounds a week and stick to it.
>>
>>42412100
You're bound to fail, start counting fatfuck.
>>
>>42412283
If you stick to your plan, your 100% going to make it.
>>
File: 1481545126736.gif (22KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1481545126736.gif
22KB, 633x758px
>jumping jacks
>>
>>42412297
can you post progress pics?

how's the loose skin situation and how old are you?
>>
>>42412151
They likely weren't trolling. That progress for 20 odd lbs is really demotivating. You're still horribly overweight. You should post when the difference is more extreme.
>>
>>42412501
Didn't take a before because I assumed I wouldn't make it this far.

Still p fat, so not sure how bad my loose skin is going to be, but probably not TOO bad. Doubt it'll be a bad enough to justify surgery.
I'm 25 and 5"11'
>>
File: IMG_3764.png (79KB, 444x560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3764.png
79KB, 444x560px
>got in 6,000 steps before 8am
>>
>>42412518
I'm just taking monthly pics. I know I have at least 60lbs to go but people telling me to kill myself instead of posting pics is 100% trolling.
>>
>>42407686
inspirational
>>
File: DE5Y_Y1UIAANbjy.jpg (112KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DE5Y_Y1UIAANbjy.jpg
112KB, 768x1024px
>>42412518
Really? I'd say that is pretty fast progress, more than recommended. The recommended, iirc, is around 7.5-8lbs a month, and he's losing around 10 lbs.
>>
How do I add food from UnderArmor database in MyfitnessPal app?
When I hit add food in the diary section it only suggest me to create my own meal and fill the callories myself.
>>
Can anyone explain to me the concept of rewards and cheat days?
>>
>>42412842
Misguided people think it makes it easier to persevere as you're "looking forward to your cheat day" and thus are less likely to cheat out of schedule. But in reality, all it does is make you want food real bad outside your cheat day.
>>
>>42412842
>rewards
don't reward yourself for doing good. the 'I did so well at the gym today I deserve this ice cream' is how fat people fail

>cheat days
no one is perfect, sometimes you fuck up. Sometimes you go out with friends and want to have a good time.
Eat more than you typically would, but do your best not to go over TDEE, don't beat yourself up if you do, just go back to hitting your deficit.
A cheat day every other week isn't going to kill you as long as you are smart about it.
>>
Do ya'll have a weightloss reward system?
My next reward is a HSP when I hit 74kg, sitting at 76 atm
>>
>>42412881
yup
>lose weight
>no longer fat
>>
>>42412881
Really looking forward to the government subsidized gf when I hit my goal weight
>>
>>42412877
>>42412879
>>42412842

I think the best way is to cut that shit out of your life, do not associate it with 'good'. In fact do not associate pleasure as a 'good'. Pain and sacrifice that leads to meeting our goals in pursuance of virtue is the only 'good' make sure your values, your idea of virtue align with the actions you take and what you REALLY want in life and you'll not even want to eat shit food regardless of how it tastes.

>50lb fat loss
>40lb to go.

Will I make it?
>>
>>42412842
>>42412877
>>42413152

Bro tip: you can't cut out tasty shit from your life completely and permanently. Unless you're the next embodiment of God, you will not be able to live the rest of your days on steamed veggies and turkey breast. If you believe that, you're still in "I'm on a diet" mode instead of a lasting lifestyle shift. And for that you need some form of unhealthy food management system and cheat days are just that.
>>
>>42403321
Read the info op posted and read the sticky, you won't get buff quickly. I Know it's bait but still
>>
File: 1501937431498.png (502KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501937431498.png
502KB, 1280x720px
Who are you cutting for?
>>
File: 1481141102661.png (44KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1481141102661.png
44KB, 633x758px
>tfw 7 kg down in a month
it actually feels like i can make it
>>
>>42413263
Me.
>>
What to wear to gym?
Going there for the first time
>>
>>42413374
Shorts/tracksuit pants and t-shirt.
>>
>>42413290
How did u do it
>>
>>42413215
t. fatty "fatman" mcfatmaster "I can't lose because muh genetics"
>>
>>42413386
CICO and occasional cycling.
>>
>>42413381
Any cheap recommendations?
>>
>>42413400
I guess you could buy at Walmart. I usually buy clothes from second hand shops.
>>
>>42413215
This. I often even skipped a planned cheat day or simply turned it into a healthy refeed day, because I changed my approach to eating. Yesterday I had a pizza and ice cream and feel great, my average loss this week is 2.5kg, as it has been the previous couple weeks.

>>42413290
You can make it anon, whats your goal?
>>
>>42413400
Buy adidas/nike soccer shorts, they can be found for 12 bucks and any random tshirt you have and that makes you feel kinda comfortable. If you do dls and squats, get a pair of chucks on sale.
>>
>>42402822
>started at 250.7
>now 224.3

feels pretty silly that this could have been avoided if I just looked up nutrition info on food before shoveling it in.
>>
File: sol_esn_nitrobcaa4_1.jpg (10KB, 300x353px) Image search: [Google]
sol_esn_nitrobcaa4_1.jpg
10KB, 300x353px
Bcaas for fasted training yes/no?

>>42413595
gj keep going!
>>
>>42413215
Fair point..

>everything in moderation, even moderation
>>
>>42413512
>whats your goal?
Sub 100 kg by the end of this year.
>>
File: Weight progress.png (34KB, 1500x860px) Image search: [Google]
Weight progress.png
34KB, 1500x860px
>>42398840
329 yesterday, ^5lbs from the day before, ^4lbs from start. I believe the reason why is that I hadn't shat in over 48 hours at that point, which is weird because of all the fiber I'm eating. Anyways, had a shit this morning and then weighed in at 319, so 10 lb shit.

Also completed Day 2 of C25K twice yesterday.
>>
>>42414013
based on this post alone i can already tell you will never make it.
>>
>>42411252
(I'm the guy you replied to) I'm also depressed, didn't know it could help with that. I take an SSRI but I'm supposed to come off it soon, hopefully the 5-HTP will help.
>>
>>42411704
You're skinnyfat. We have a pretty similar build. My plan is to keep cutting, I don't need the six pack and all that but I want to get rid of the last remnants of love handles.
>>
>>42408248
I ate a 16" pizza and drank a bunch of whiskey on Friday night. The first time I've really felt guilty about a binge.
>>
File: 1502011618062.jpg (188KB, 1000x921px) Image search: [Google]
1502011618062.jpg
188KB, 1000x921px
>>42411724
Heavy Feelios
>>
>>42414096
What makes you say that?
>>
>>42411724
>>42414482
How fucking heavy do you have to be for this to happen?
Also, the UnderArmour scale, tells you weight, BF%, etc. Worth the 99$ or not?
>>
hit 204.5 yesterday, officially lost 60 pounds
>>
>>42414850
Just get a Omron scale. Same thing, 50% cheaper, and it's what they use at gyms.
>>
What you're going to do when you'll make it, /fat/?
>>
>>42415153
Lay in bed and run my hands over my abs, pose in front of the mirror excessively, dress up as a superhero for my son.

Otherwise, same shit
>>
File: fyuofyukyulof.png (47KB, 1248x728px) Image search: [Google]
fyuofyukyulof.png
47KB, 1248x728px
>>42415153
Try to get a gf, generally be happier about my self image
>>
File: 1474294892026.gif (16KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1474294892026.gif
16KB, 633x758px
>>42415188
but anon, losing weight wont increase your social skills.
>>
File: erthsdgfhj.jpg (98KB, 983x752px) Image search: [Google]
erthsdgfhj.jpg
98KB, 983x752px
>>42415254
p-pls no
>>
The 3 weeks before summer I lost 5 kg. During this summer I have only lost 1 kg. I'm a failure, god damn it.
>>
>>42414850
Don't pay more than 10 dollars for a scale.
>>
>180 cm
>120 kg
>27 yo
>go down to 100 kg last year on a good diet and some cycling
>fast forward to this summer
>heavy smoker
>depressed since I was a kid
>depression creeps up again
>lock myself in my room
>eat like shit and smoke all day
>up to 120 kg again maybe more
>I just want to quit smoking and start losing weight again

I just can't take this anymore, I feel like shit everyday, I just want to be out and ride my bike, live the life again but I just can't get out of my room. Someone please help me to jumpstart my willpower again.
>>
>>42415254
being social will increase your social skills
>>
>>42415265

it actually does.
>>
>>42415620
>it actually does.
How so/
>>
>>42415663
Confidence increases social skills, losing weight takes effort, putting effort in things increases confidence.
Also you won't sperg out whenever you see your reflection somewhere.
>>
>>42415700
I guess that doesnt matter if you were sperg before gaining weight. Does weight loss increases T level?
>>
>>42415474
Was a fat teen, had depression. Maybe I can help.
Whats keeping you from going out on your bike? Do you have a job?
>>
>>42415873

I'm looking but no dice. Main thing is humidity is like 98% outside with 35 degrees heat, secondly I don't want to see anyone, don't want to talk to anyone, one part of me just wants to die and disappear another part wants to improve and live my life. I'm just so fucking sad and out of energy all the time. I was diddled in the butt as a kid so I am distrustful of everyone I meet and I feel like half a man because of it.
>>
>>42408248
I went to France for a week and have eaten my weight in bread
>>
>>42415966
>I was diddled in the butt as a kid so
This bait?
>>
>>42408453
>2300 goal on a cut
And here I'd be overeating if I went over 1600 calories. 1200 is my goal
>>
>>42408966
Hate read fat acceptance blogs on tumblr. Spite is a good motivator
>>
>>42415981

No, why would I lie about getting raped as a kid?
>>
I feel like I had a good run so far, no cheat days, go to the gym 3+ days a week, lost a good 15lbs, and I did use a bottle of hydroxycut.

I'm still in the period of doubt if it was all placebo or if it actually helped.
>>
>>42416040
You're lying.
>>
>>42414850
My scale goes to 140kg~309lb and I'm like one pound heavier
>>
>>42415153
I don't know. I guess try to save for surgery and then give up when I realize I have to choose between that and a house.
>>
Fucking weekends
>>
>>42414812
You can't even weigh yourself properly, a task a 7 year old can accomplish but sure keep telling yourself that 10lb shits are possible.
Also C25K is a program designed for someone that is already in shape but wants to start running, not for morbidly obese people. All you are going to accomplish is to blow out your knees within 2 weeks.
>>
Dropped from 220 to 211 but now it's stuck there. I guess it's time to change some things up with my diet and routine. I'm going to make it, and so will the rest of you.
>>
>>42416332
Same thing happened to me.
Worst case scenario is that your progress is just slow for a bit.

Keep on the wagon, I am too.
>>
>>42414850
Buy calipers and learn how to measure BF, scales are not reliable.
>>
You know what?

Fuck you guys.

I'm serious.

Fuck all of you.

In my >4 years of trying and failing, getting hurt by one of you peoples' meme workout programs and getting sick trying my damnedest to stick to one of you peoples' meme diets after another, the primary thing I've learned?

/fit/ IS FULL OF SHIT

And I bet that's exactly what the sticky was engineered for, wasn't it? All of it and the rest of your "hurr broscience & supplements, durr worship roiders who die in their early 20's, herp cardio killz gainz, derp fat powerlifting the One True Way all else is gay" culture of circle-jerking idiocy is nothing but one giant troll.

Whelp. You did it. Successful troll is successful. Congratulations, you got me. Clap clap.

I wish I had never discovered /fit/, I wish I had just remained >400 lbs and hopeless instead of following your squatz and oatz dangling off the end of a stick, it slowly dawning on me that the only thing at the end of the line to was to look like a melted candle rather than a water balloon, to feel hope for the first time in my life only for it to be smashed over my head, and for what? For a few anonymous chucklefucks to have a giggle, m8y?

Mission accomplished, asswipes. Now go get hit by a bus and live.
>>
>>42416672
pasta
>>
>>42416686
>pasta

Struck a nerve, did I?

Eat shit and die.
>>
>>42416695
How can you strike a nerve when you are not in the same room as me?
>>
File: 1486885439831.jpg (79KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486885439831.jpg
79KB, 1024x1024px
>actually listening to the meme workouts and diets
fucking dumbass
>>
>>42416672
yeah, pure dicks
but not for the reasons you described

not sure why I keep coming back like a child desperate for attention from his parents
>>
File: IMG_0566.jpg (156KB, 700x653px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0566.jpg
156KB, 700x653px
Tried my first Sips.
It's not that bad actually.
>>
>>42416243
Okay, I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>42416867
Not that guy, but yeah there isn't much reason for you to do C25K right now. Literally just walking a couple miles a day would be enough.

Your diet is more important than everything else.
>>
>>42412283
I am 511. Started at 257 68 days ago. At 216 today. Goal is 190 by December. Keto and If 20/4 with gym 5 days a week.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 240x476px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 240x476px
Need help with a schedule to work in all the routines I'm juggling.

Rate, speculate, proliferate the caliphate
>>
>>42417385
Autism. You're never gonna make it.
>>
>>42417410
I have to have autism to fit all this shit in. Its the only way my friend.

I also count all my calories. Truly I am the grandest of autismos.
>>
im a fat fuck with no motivation and no self-control
how the fuck do i change myself
>>
>>42417385
If you're going to literal failure on a bunch of exercises at 2 separate times throughout the day as well as going to the gym you're going to snap your shit up real quick. This is silly.
>>
>>42417385
>working out 4 times a day while not being a high level athlete
>pushing your body to failure 3-4 times a day
>taking a shower before run and gym
>working out 3 times before bed without a shower
>breakfast is worked into schedule, but lunch and dinner isn't
>autism
>>
>>42417448
Gain self control
I can't say much for motivation since my problem is eating mindlessly and my whole reason for starting was one day going "My feet don't hurt when I stand for 4 hours straight now. I should see where this goes"
>>
>>42417448
small goals
occupy yourself

if you're just sat at your computer, staring at the clock and thinking about the next time you can eat again, it's gonna be rough
do things that lift your mood and keep you busy
>>
cheat day,after a month...gonna reward myself with pb and j sandwhiches and a glass of whole milk.will i still make it?
>>
don't think I've ever had a cheat day

I've told myself lots of times that when I reach the next milestone I'll allow myself one small indulgence, but what happens over and over again is I end up over my limit early in the day, write the whole day off as a failure and stuff my face on whatever is available until I go to sleep

On good days, I don't see a reason to cheat because it's wasting a good day.
But I don't choose the bad days, they strike at any time.

This has gone on for over a year now
>>
>>42417474
Teach me how to be more autistic, senpai
>>
>>42417448
start small work your way up. Start with counting calories and trying to eat under you TDEE. Then gradually increase that until you find the least amount you can eat without too much issue. It's a long process and the more you rush the more likely you are to fail
>>
File: oreo-chocolate-cheesecake.jpg (49KB, 705x397px) Image search: [Google]
oreo-chocolate-cheesecake.jpg
49KB, 705x397px
tired of this constant fatigue and shitty mood
if I increase my calories, how long before my metabolism picks up and I stop feeling like crap?
>>
>>42417612
track literally EVERYTHING that enters your mouth.
If you suck cock and swallow, spit it out, weigh it, count the calories and then swallow again.

After doing that for 6 months you'll be able to autism track in your head and will never be able to eat something bad without making yourself feel like shit about it and thinking about what you could be eating instead for the same calories.
>>
>>42417453
What do you think then? I want to make sure I'm running and getting the PHUL days in.

Should I only 1xF push-ups and sit-ups once a day?
Only on rest days? I need some advice.

>>42417646
I already track all that shit, nigga. I meant for my workout schedule.
>>
>>42417660
Just follow literally any beginner linear progression program. SS/SL/GSLP pick one and stick to it.

Do cardio on your rest days if you want.
>>
>>42417663
I've 'graduated' from SL, hence the PHUL.

The C25k is to increase my cardio
The push-ups, sit-ups and bodyweight routines is to make sure I can pass the APFT.

I'm going to boot camp in a few months.
>>
File: Umaru_Snackmaster.png (1MB, 1280x1415px) Image search: [Google]
Umaru_Snackmaster.png
1MB, 1280x1415px
Would love to snack now. But I won't.
>>
>>42417794
don't know why I didn't see that. Most people on fat that post that kind of shit are utter complete beginners.

idk man I feel like if you've already completed SL you should be able to do enough push ups and shit to pass that. Maybe just do the bw stuff and cardio to make sure you got that shit specifically down.
>>
>>42417865
My only real issue is stamina for the long-distance cardio. I can do the push-ups and sit-ups right now, I just want to be able to do more. Ya know?

Maybe I should just balance it... Push-ups and sit-ups in the morning, dips and pull-ups at night?
>>
File: DSC_1672.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1672.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>42417506
It depends on what cheating means. Don't go over your TDEE and you'll make it.

Also that kind of seems like a boring shitty cheat, but if that's your deal go for it.

This was my cheat meal two weeks ago. It was excellent.

>>42417527
That's kind of messed up. Try to deal with that. I'm not perfectly on my diet goal every day, but I can comfortably be under my TDEE and feel good about the day.

Even eating at TDEE is fine, your aren't losing progress. Just going crazy really is failure. Do you even count calories on those days?
>>
>>42417794
If you're not already able to pass the APFT that should be 100% of your focus right now. You'l have plenty of time to progress your lifts in the military after BCT. Push-ups/sit-ups to failure multiple times per session and focus on running as fast as you can as far as you can instead of trying to grind down your 2 mile time.
>>
>>42417880
If you temporarily drop the gym you could probably just do all of them twice a day with the cardio.

I just really don't like the idea of doing push ups and and dips to failure then trying for a bench pr later that day, you feel?
>>
>>42417893
I can pass all of them now, I just don't know how long I can run for. It takes a lot of focus and will to maintain the run for 30-45 minutes and I can only assume its going to be a lot more than that. I'm already older than most of the kids there, can't afford to be slow.

>>42417920
Valid concern. Maybe I should just do push-ups to the APFT standard I want to meet?

1x40 for push-ups
1x45 for sit-ups

Then for dips and pull-ups just... 1xF?

Thoughts?
>>
File: IMG_20170806_173844.jpg (227KB, 835x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170806_173844.jpg
227KB, 835x960px
Local supplement shop does free meal plans and inbody scans. I did the calculations and this comes to 1845 calories without the 5 servings of veggies. That leaves me with 155 calories for veggies if I want to be at 2000 calories. What veggies are around ~30 calories per serving?

also I assume he meant repeat meals 2 and 3 not 1 and 2.
>>
>>42417633
You feel like shit because all you eat is shit
eat proper food, and you'll feel like a proper human being
>>
>>42418087
false, but I appreciate your input all the same

just out of curiousity, what did you base that assumption on?
was is the picture of a cheesecake? Because I saved it from another thread on another board, just thought I'd add a picture to this picture board.
>>
Hey guys. How effective is a stationary bike in losing weight? Is it a waste of time? I know it's kind of stupid and lazy. I was just wondering...if I'm going to be on my laptop doing something, I could also be on my bike for hour or so and turn up the resistance.

I'll be stuck indoors working for most of the summer so I figure that I should try to do something like this.

note: Lost a lot of weight due to being a starving student but haven't exercised.
>>
>>42418119
It's fine. Do it. Your main weight loss will still be through diet, using a bike will increase cardiovascular health and help you lose 's more.

Walking and cycling are good exercise, even if they aren't crazy exhausting exercise.
>>
>>42418145
>even if they aren't crazy exhausting exercise

You're cycling wrong.
>>
>>42418116
Lethargy and fatigue usually stem from malnutrition
a balanced diet that hits all your nutritional needs fixes the problem the majority of the time, there are some exceptions, but those are significantly less common
>>
I'm getting really fat.

Accidentally turned on my frontal camera and got disgusted by what I saw.

How do I start a routine and stick to it ?

Lack of discipline has been affecting me in numerous aspects
>>
>>42408939
>tfw call each other fat fuck everyday
>tfw it would probably help me mentally to stick to my weightloss
>>
>>42418217
my diet is chicken, fish, pork, rice, bread and mixed veg with most things
daily calories is around 1000, give or take, and I pop a multivit every morning
I also try to get in 5,000 steps a day, but my mood has killed my motivation on that endeavour
oh, and I'm 6'1, 145lbs

what can I be doing better?
>>
>>42418215
I suppose I shouldn't have assumed a guy asking if cycling was even worthwhile wasn't going to go that hard?
>>
I'm 79-80kg at 186cm (176lbs at 6'1)
I'm kind of on a skinnyfat side and i'm really not happy with my body, my goal weight is around 70kg/154lbs.
So the question is, how fast can i drop 8-10kg? How far bellow my TDEE should i go? How much cardio do i need to do while i'm at it?
>>
File: 1496455029139.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496455029139.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
>>42418295
>daily calories is around 1000
>with exercise
are you trying to kill yourself?
you're not in auschwitz, you don't need to look like them
>>
>>42418295
Different anon here.

>bread
Basically worthless, try cutting more of it out

>5,000 steps

Double it.

>>42418402
>how fast

Wrong question. Speed is not a virtue when you are losing weight. But if you go hard with cutting and exercise you can lose 1kg a week safely.

>how far below TDEE should I go?

Cutting 500 from TDEE is pretty standard. Don't go below 1200 per day.

>cardio

You technically don't need to do any, but obviously it would help. If you are walking do it every day. If you are running, jogging, or doing Couch to 5K do it alternating days and walk in between.
>>
File: 1466546966172027975.jpg (15KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1466546966172027975.jpg
15KB, 500x259px
>>42418450
>will need a year to solely not look like a skinnyfat incel, let alone lifting
>>
Is it possible to lose 40 lbs in a healthy manner in 6 months?

Also going to a gym for the first time in ages with friends today. What muscle do I work on to actually be able to do a push up?
>>
>>42418547
Possibly. I have a shitty female metabolism yet still managed to do that by dieting without any exercise. As long as you do hardcore shit like HIIT and lift as well as avoid insulin-raising shit and empty calories, you might be able to pull it off.
>>
>>42418547
Best way to get better at push ups is to practice push ups(and lose weight).
Start on your knees and work your way to doing real ones. Other than that, just do normal upper body work. Bench, OHP, skull curshers, w/e floats your boat.
>>
>>42418547
Bench press is the equivalent weighted lift to push-ups. However as >>42418649 said get better at push-ups by doing push-ups. Go look up Convict Conditioning, it's got sections on advancing each of the main body weight exercises, starting from intimediate all the way up to master >>42418649
>>
>>42418649
>>42418711
>>42418579
Thank you all. I'll look into the convict stuff and start on my knees. Been dieting for a bit already though.
>>
>>42418711
a lot of the difficulty in the push-up for a fat person is keeping the body straight when in the pushup position. the 'pushing' isn't as hard as having the core strength to hold all that weight off the ground with the feet as the pivot. so yeah using the knees makes it a bit more manageable. and benching doesn't improve core strength because you're laying on your back and only working your upper body.
>>
>>42418751
Awesome man. Keep it up, little victories builds great results
>>42418790
Absolutely true. And summed up far more concisely than I could ever have. Thanks anon
>>
when I fist start lifting should I give my muscles a couple extra days to heal? Or stick to the three day split?

My arms seem fine since they were already a bit built but my legs feel powerless and ache after just one session. Squatting fucking sucks.
>>
>>42419081
Just keep the weights lighter than your max, and push through the pain to make each session
>>
>>42419081
Yes, you should feel no aching as you are ready to start your next gym day. Either decrease weights or let it heal further before doing relevant exercises.
>>
>>42419125
Not that anon, but really?

i.e., using a very light kettlebell with squats
>only do 20
>feel the burn the next day
I'd think I would need to do more, not less.
>>
260lb here. I tried running last year but it seriously fucked my knees. it was really difficult and I managed to progress a bit with couch to 5k but my knees hurt so bad I had to stop, It kept me awake at night. is this just the regular fat guy experience? should I try again and just push through or should I wait until I drop a few pounds? if the latter roughly how heavy should i be before trying again? I want to put that work in but don't want to ruin my knees for life. thanks for the threads anons, they really help
>>
>>42419230
Example: if you do squats every other day, you should feel fine on day 1, aches after the exercise and on day 2, and nothing on day 3. If that is not the case, you should reduce your weights (or increase, as appropriate). Normally after a month or so you should no longer be bottlenecked by your body's slow recovery rate, though.
You can also push through if you want, but it is extremely likely you will be struck with a more serious injury which could take you out of the gym for weeks.
>>
>>42408248
its over 100 outside
i cant stop eating popsicles help me father
>>
>>42419370
Turn on the goddamn air conditioning. Make your own Popsicles so you can make them healthier. Cool some beverages that are no - cal and drink that shit.
>>
>>42419339
There's no reason to do an exercise that is seriously injuring you. Walk or use the eleptical (or cycle ) until you are lighter, and then try running again if you really enjoyed it.
>>
File: 1312572522860.jpg (10KB, 329x281px) Image search: [Google]
1312572522860.jpg
10KB, 329x281px
>>42419551 NEW THREAD
>>42419551 NEW THREAD
>>42419551 NEW THREAD
>>42419551 NEW THREAD
>>
>>42402822
>>Plan your weight loss week by week.
>http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
I unironically don't understand how would this help me, it's just obvious numbers, or should I just use it as a weight tracker?
>>
>>42418492
such is life friendo, next time don't let it get this bad
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.