[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ego Lifters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1485750527922.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1485750527922.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
Besides ego lifting, what is the point of using equipment to raise your lifts? Eg. Belts, Bench Bra, straps. You might as well have your buddy help you with the weight. I don't fucking get it.
>>
I use hook-grip things because I got sick of my hands burning every-time I did extremely heavy pulls or high rep pulls. It just helps me continue on focusing on contraction of the muscle. I've definitely noticed a difference in my back and hamstrings due to using them. I always had a problem hitting high volume for my pulling lifts until I started using them due to the skin on my hands burning.

I don't use any other kind of gear though, I've never really found anything else besides the hook-grips to really do anything.
>>
It would be pretty retarded to not progress on deadlifts if grip is the only limiting factor.
>>
Never used the bench sling shot but apparently it allows you to overload the top part of the lift and only assists on the bottom, allowing for training of lockout with more weight.

Belts give you something to brace against and actually have been shown to increased abdominal activation during lifts. Also, more weight, more gains.

By your logic why do people squat to parallel to lift more instead of doing atg? Why dead when deficit deads are harder?

It's because there are tradeoffs in exercise and gear selection.
>>
>>42338727

A belt helps your abdominal muscles do more work by actively giving them something to push against. This helps you stay more upright so you can squat and deadlift more.

Wrist straps are great if your grip is running weak that day or if your hands feel like they've been run against a cheese grater that day.

A slingshot is great for feeling more weight in your hands on bench than you would ever be able to otherwise. This helps build confidence under heavy weights.
>>
>>42338727
>ego lifting
Define ego. Is there a form of lifting that you don't do as a selfish hobby? Is there such a thing as shared lifting, charity lifting, or selfless lifting?
Get >>>/out/
>>
File: 1486346572179.png (48KB, 924x560px) Image search: [Google]
1486346572179.png
48KB, 924x560px
>>42338889
you sure do showed him you enlightened gentleman
>>
Brb doing 3x12 RDL with 315 without straps.

Yea ... actuatlly, no.
>>
>>42338853
>let me just put Bandaids on all my weak points instead of actually getting stronger
>>
>>42338727
Straps helped me alot on back lifts, Rows from 4 sets of 5-8 reps 100kg went to 4sets of 4-6 115 kg 2 weeks after i used straps on them, and every other back lift went up for 10-20 kgs
>>
Straps and wrist wraps are legit. You are not trying to improve or demonstrate your grip/wrist strength and it's almost always a limiting factor.
Other types of gears... depends. But i generally agree you're cheating/fooling yourself.
>>
>>42339635
I think I'm the only person in the world that does heavy weighted pullups 5x5 with straps. Feels good man
>>
>>42339267

You can use gear some days/sets and not others...
>>
>>42339267

Thats like saying running shoes are a bandaid instead of getting better at running.
>>
>>42339707
The goal of running is to increase aerobic capacity not to toughen your feet. A better analogy would be roller skates instead of running shoes.
>>
>>42339770

All elite Oly and power lifters use belts. Are they not getting stronger?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.